[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is it ? And what are the cards for ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
So how is it ? And what are the cards for ?
>>
>>43605320
>So how is it?
It's pretty good, the alternating activation's are a nice change of pace from my time playing 40k, feels more fluid and dynamic.
>And what are the cards for?
The card decks are for adding new variables to the game, either by affecting the environment on the table, giving bonus or penalties to the models, or dropping down passive/active threats onto the table like Imperial's Offensive and Defensive sentry turrets.
>>
>>43605493
I see. How does it compare to Infinity ? Are the cards a must ? Any pages beside the official one or forum I could look up the gits of it ?
>>
>>43605699
Compare about what?
Price? they are mostly cheap to build and even cheaper than infinity in term of per model, but maybe because its resin

Game? Well, it comparably balance and their d20 system are working well, but cannot say much since they have different gameplay

Sculp? Bretty gud hombre, some of the minis are comparable and more metal than infinity, but their women lines are not so much

The cards are mandatory but you can play basic games without cards

I dont know about any other pages about them, but maybe there some blogs scatered accross.the
>>
>>43605699
It's more traditional than Infinity. Alternating activation, models have set number of AP a turn. It's less dicey than infinity ever was though, and you're less prone to just get shit on. It is however a revival of an old property through kickstarter so was kinda still birthed into the marketplace.
Theres a reasonable amount of batters on the youtube.
>>
File: bb.jpg (89 KB, 800x297) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
89 KB, 800x297
it is nice that the new models did update some looks

dear god old warzone models scream "80's british sci fi"
>>
>>43605981
>Compare about what?
Mainly as one sci-fi turn based skirmish to another.

>>43606640
Gotta check out those youtubes then.
>>
I like it. Apparently according to the owner of Prodos there's going to be a 2.0 coming out next year. Although from what he's said it sounds like it's just going to be a new book with a few fixes from the errata like how Dropzone Commander had a 1.0 book.

I'm excited for more stuff, really want to see how they do my Jungle Kommandos. Rotary shotguns for the win!
>>
>>43606657
>scream "80's british sci fi"
but that's great
>>
Models are great, especially now they've updated all units to a new resin mixture and 2.0 printing runs with updated sculpts for their original KS run which really shit all over the original backers. Their tanks are shit and overpriced (their "superheavy" tanks are light tanks that cost £60 and are 25/28mm scale compared to the 28-32mm scale infantry).

So, yeah... their 3D printed resin is some of the most detailed in the industry. I have to give them props for that. Standard price is £13 for a 5 man unit.

The rules aren't my cup of tea but in a nutshell its an alternating action skirmish game that scales up quite nicely (except for Capitol having flat cost 'upgrade your army' options, and Golden Lions having a 'buff all other Golden Lions' ability which the lead designer personally swore would never be in the game). I would compare the game to Warmachine/Hordes - lots of units have extra abilities that you tap resource cards to activate, and resources are generated by your warlord. Killing the warlord loses you most of your cards but isn't quite as awful as losing your caster in Warmahordes (unless you're playing an assassination mission). The rules are based on the original Warzone rules, if you're familiar with them, but they have that extra resource card/special ability mechanics. You can also play an Advanced Game where you have decks of cards like Magic the Gathering, and play them to gain battlefield bonuses or counter an opponent's ability.
>>
>>43607214
It's not turn based?
>>
>>43609041
This sounds like a real nive evolution from UWZ. Maybe I'll dust off my Imperials and give it a shot.

Thanks for the summary.
>>
>>43607435
I loved the classic Brotherhood Troopers when I was a kid playing with a borrowed army, pity I can't seem to find them now. Hope they will introduce a light tank or two, the classic Brotherhood car was silly even for it's days.
>>
>>43610486
Then how does it work, do players go at the same time ? Please tell me how they differ.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.