[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think of the most powerful ability/power that you can think of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11
File: 1441495045004.jpg (107 KB, 1000x603) Image search: [Google]
1441495045004.jpg
107 KB, 1000x603
Think of the most powerful ability/power that you can think of

No really anon, think of one right now
Got it?
Someone with that exact power is now out to eliminate you from existence. How do you counter it?

Easy mode: You gain a power of a similar power level
Hard mode: You gain a lesser power that is incomparable to it (Or you're in a world where characters have powers or spells)
New York Minute mode: You are an ordinary human with no powers to speak of

The ability to be physically unknown, make enemies completely unaware of your presence, and he has some weird sharp ass weapon that he uses to fuck your skull up with (But you obviously don't know that)
>>
I chose omnipotence.

I lost.
>>
>>43605265
He's omnipotent

Easy mode I'm also omnipotent

We have angry god sex
>>
>>43605268
So did I.
Here's to hoping you can wish the other guy out of existence faster than he can.
>>
>>43605268
>>43605275
>>43605281

Be more creative you cunt cave, you can memory wipe the guy to not even remember he has powers and is out to get you
>>
>>43605268
So did I. But since we're both omnipotent, nothing happens.
>>
>>43605284
but he sees it coming and stops that since he's like... god
>>
>>43605284
He's omnipotent, too. And he's after you. You still have to memory wipe him faster than he can make you disappear.
>>
>>43605265
Time Control
Not really much one can do to counter this.
>stop time
>stab
>go back in time
>stab baby/mother/father
Unless Anonme from another dimension takes pitty on me, I'm boned.
>>
>>43605292
>>43605300

But technically it was you who assigned him the power in the first place since you were the one who thought of it, and he knows that you were the reason why he as a character now has such a power
You have plot immunity since you are technically the author of this entire conflict now
Think like a shitty shonen manga writer, make his powers inactive unless he expends or tries something
Up your asspull game anon, or else you'll never be a great GM
>>
>>43605311
That makes even less sense than two people suddenly becoming omnipotent.
>>
>>43605311
You make no sense, guy.

infinity - infinity = 0

Same with omnipotence.
>>
>>43605284
You have a problem, anon: there were no limits on what we were to imagine, so omnipotence is clearly the first thing that comes to mind.

So you're the cunt, fuckwad.
>>
I thought time stop
Unless I get Star Platinum im fucked
>>
File: 1434019140069.jpg (218 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1434019140069.jpg
218 KB, 500x750
>>43605379
>tells someone he has a problem
>misread the entire post
>>
>>43605265
I gave him reality warping.

There's nothing I can do besides the power that OP mentioned.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>43605335
Technically, only one person in the universe can be omnipotent, as their relative omnipotence will clash whenever one tries to defy the other's will.

Alternatively, no-one in the universe can be omnipotent, because they could try to create an object that they themselves couldn't move.
>>
File: boundary of I lost.jpg (902 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
boundary of I lost.jpg
902 KB, 1920x1200
>>43605265
I lost. Completely and utterly defeated, no matter what difficulty I choose, really. I'd need to be able to pick a power of *arguably* greater power level to be able to win, and not even then I'm sure I could.
My enemy is pic related.
>>
If it's the most powerful ability you can think of, then surely you don't have the ability to think of ways to counter it because if you can think of ways to counter it, then you can also think of the same power that ignores those ways to counter it.

TL;DR: OP is a faggot.
>>
>>43605424
This anon is right, see >>43605363

There can't be more than one omnipotent being in the universe.
>>
File: suicide is painless.jpg (23 KB, 576x536) Image search: [Google]
suicide is painless.jpg
23 KB, 576x536
I didn't set the bar very high.I guess he's still vulnerable to swords in the chest.
>>
>>43605268
Choose omniscience. Even if it's your only power, you now know how to kill and survive against an omnipotent being.
>>
>>43605450
That's dumb.
Omniscience might make you know how to survive, but it won't give you the means.
>>
>>43605268
Just succeed on your roll to become a protogod, nigga.
>>
>>43605465
If you literally know everything, you will understand how to obtain the means in a manner you are capable of.
>>
>>43605473
I literally know everything about paper air planes. I still can't make one if I don't have paper.
>>
>>43605427
>If it's the most powerful ability you can think of, then surely you don't have the ability to think of ways to counter it because if you can think of ways to counter it, then you can also think of the same power that ignores those ways to counter it.

Yet omnipotence got countered
Point being whatever power it is, there's always a way to counter it, that's why when someone tries to think of something without weakness, they just go with the general power omnipotence
Besides, it's not about the power, it's about how you use it
If you could stop time, it wouldn't mean shit if you were supposed to get out of a locked room
>>
>>43605487
Stop time.
Kick the door/a wall a lot of times.
Start time.
All your kicks land at the exact same instant.
>>
>>43605482
That's because you don't know how to make paper or obtain it. If you don't know how to make paper airplanes without immediate access to paper, you aren't omniscient, by definition.
>>
>>43605265

Time travel. Shit, I get lesser time travel.
I guess I go back to the week before I was born, buy and acquire weapons and ammunition, and guard my own time line waiting for the day they appear.
I'd warn my father but he wouldn't believe me/is an idiot.
>>
File: Nothing strange going on here.png (1 MB, 1145x2167) Image search: [Google]
Nothing strange going on here.png
1 MB, 1145x2167
Do I win?

>>43605363
>infinity - infinity = 0
>not knowing that there is more than one size of infinity
>>
>>43605265
Well the most powerful power that comes to my mind is absolute and instantaneous/at will omnipotence.

Easy mode: I have the same level of omnipotence too. We have a good old game of transreality fisticuffs.

Hard mode: I choose the power to elude that entity's specific omnipotence power. It's absolutely not on the same power level but hell, it's enough.
Otherwise, I'm screwed.

New York Minute mode: Sssscrewed.
>>
>>43605265
Yours has a pretty damn easy counter, OP. So, you can't be physically aware of the person himself, right? So he can't be perceived. You can't hear, smell, touch, hear, or taste him. But that's a personal level of can't perceive shit, cap'n.

You set up a room to defend yourself in where the floor is coated in flour, or any manner of substance where his every step will visibly disturb it. Then you just shoot in the direction of the footsteps, and your physically imperceptible but otherwise normal dude is dead.
>>
>>43605425
Not only is she not anywhere near omnipotent, but she's not even the most powerful character in her setting.
Yukari powerwanking is the worst.
>>
>>43605487
>Yet omnipotence got countered
Just going to point out here that you literally can't counter actual omnipotence, as that implies the ability to do anything, including defeating you regardless of your powers. The best you could hope for is a stalemate via your own omnipotence.
>>
>>43605450
Or you will know it's impossible.
>>
>>43605570
New York minute mode, I'm probably screwed. Unless he attacks me at some point in my life when I'm badass enough to kick his ass.
>>
i'm not sure how this shit would go down. For some reason i chose Retroactive Retardation. You choose someone in the present and their entire timeline is rewritten from the stand point of them having been born mentally retarded.
>>
>>43605610
I didn't say she was omnipotent. I just tend of boundary manipulation when someone goes "say a random power" because I really like it.
Sure, Toyohime and her moon gang may be stronger, and others like Shiki have powers that can defeat her, but for the purposes of this challenge I can't beat her, since I can't pick a power stronger than her's and she can probably cheat through any one that's same level or weaker.
>>
>>43605473
Not if there isn't one.
>>
>>43605268

So did I, bro. So did I.
>>
>>43605801

>For some reason

I'm pretty sure I know why you made such a retarded choice.
>>
>>43605801
Well so now you're retarded right? And so the guy who made you retarded wants to kill you.
BUT WAIT ANON!
Your friends and family were great and they support you in your life up to now, you don't spend a moment without them and never opens up an opportunity for your nemesis to kill you.
But of course that's only if you were a decent retard, if you were an ass to your friends and family before you were retarded, they don't give a fuck about you and you're an easy target
>>
>>43605265
I chose the one thing that even omnipotence is beneath: being the author.

Since I am not a fictional character, said ability does nothing to me and I clear the challenge in a New York minute without even realizing it was there. Funny how that works out.
>>
>>43606354
If omnipotence is beneath something, it's not omnipotence.
>>
>>43605265
I won.

Doesn't matter what ability I choose, from omnipotence to shanking a motherfucker while invisible, for my enemy.

I just project a global anti-magic field, or something that just specifically negate supernatural ability. Then its just an enterprise in shooting the fucker.
>>
Reality Revision is what I chose. Which means the only way I can defeat him is with fantasy? Maybe?
>>
>>43606472
Omnipotence includes the ability to negate whatever bullshit you come up with that would negate omnipotence. Because otherwise it's not omnipotence. Furthermore, nowhere was it stated that the said ability is supernatural or magical in nature.
>>
>>43606542
See >>43605579 for something that can negate the actions of an omnipotent being without that being not being omnipotent.

It works like this: The omnipotent being can do whatever they like. But, if the Mundane notices something out of their scope of 'normal', and passes their Reality Check, whatever the omnipotent being did is reverted to something that fits with the Mundane's perception of a relatively ordinary day.
>>
>>43605265
I picked to power to negate other people's superpowers/magics/etc.

Do I win? Now it's just an angry bastard, I'll just call the cops.
>>
>>43606424
You can create and describe a character as omnipotent, in which in the story he is, however as the author you're essentially not part of the character's omnipotence since it's in a different, fictional universe
You're the fucking author, here watch

God is omnipotent and can destroy everything. Except now he's dead.

There
>>
>>43606604

But will the cops come in time before he wrecks your greasy ass
>>
>>43606636
I mean, I have a gun and I live within two minutes of a police station.
>>
>>43605265
Through matters of deception, I have convinced the being out to destroy me that I am not the true threat, and that they should instead destroy themselves.
>>
>>43606643
Well shit, he tried to pull a knife on you and now he's been shot like 4 times
And now the cops arrive
>>
File: oooh.png (313 KB, 319x498) Image search: [Google]
oooh.png
313 KB, 319x498
>>43605300
>>43605379

Being omnipotent, is not the same as oniscient or onipresent.

This thread is stupid tho.
>>
>>43606684
And? If he's omnipotent, and (as per OP) knows who you are, he can just teleport inside you and make you explode, like in Outlast and Quake.
>>
>>43606684
If you're omnipotent, you can make yourself omniscient and omnipresent.
>>
>>43606575
Then the "omnipotent" being isn't actually omnipotent.
>>
>>43606666
It's okay, Super-Satan. I'm white, I can get out of this scenario.
>>
>>43606724
But they are, as they can do anything. Omnipotence does not mean that what you do will last forever, you stupid man.
>>
>>43605265
>>43605268
So did I. The answer to fighting him is obvious.

100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
100 squats
10 km of running
every single day
>>
>>43606749
Omnipotence includes the ability to make whatever you do last forever, regardless of any other factors.
>>
>>43606752
Saitama's not omnipotent. He loses to anything insubstantial.
>>
>>43606725
Well so was the guy you murdered, you damn murderer you
They arrest you, and they take your statement
Your words are met with cold gazes and smirks, and it turns out your description of the man you gave and the body at the scene did not match up, and the knife was nowhere to be found
Looks like your effective field of negation doesn't reach where the scene of the crime was, buddy, and looks like his powers kicked back in as soon as you were outta there
>>
>>43606757
So you write around the Mundanity.
>>
>>43606786
If you're actually omnipotent, you don't NEED to "write around" anything. Omnipotence means the ability to do anything, including the impossible.
>>
>>43606820
All the omnipotence in the world means jack if you're too stupid to employ it. If you can't make the connection between this dude seeing you try to do something and it failing, you can't fix it.

Also, omnipotence doesn't necessarily mean you can do literally anything.

>Omnipotent
>Adjective
>2. having very great or unlimited authority or power.

>very great
>>
>>43605304
Im in this boat, (complete control over time, including the ability to remove oneself from the flow of time, meaning they could travel forward/backward without aging, etc.) and I cannot think of a way out, even with a lesser power, like being able to travel in one direction but still aging. The best I could do is go full on Carmen Sandiego and just slip into obscurity. It might take him more than my life time to check/kill every peasant in 13th century China, and he might just say "Fuck it". I guess it comes down to whether or not I could escape being documented in some way, so he can't go to the future and simply scan a super-archive to find a trace of me. Pretty shitty when your best case scenario is to die of natural causes, or the plague or some shit.
>>
>>43605424
You don't understand omnipotence. Can an omnipotent being create an object he can't move? Yes. Can he then move said object? Also yes. Omnipotence is literally being all powerful, it means there is NOTHING you can't do. Your halfhearted attempt at logic does not apply.
>>
File: You gonna get the D tenderly.jpg (16 KB, 385x257) Image search: [Google]
You gonna get the D tenderly.jpg
16 KB, 385x257
>>43606820
>Omnipotence means the ability to do anything, including the impossible.
I want Kant to leave.
>>
>>43606924
Neither do you, as a being can be omnipotent without having infinite power.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/omnipotent
See definition 2, part 1.
>>
>>43606626
A. You can't choose a power that is better than your hunter's, and "lol more omnipotence" means you lessened his abilities beneath your own, so you're an asshat.
B. If your hunter has omnipotence, then he can escape your story. And then kill you for being an ass hat.
Thanks for playing
>>
>>43606948
We're not using the second definition though, are we. We are clearly only referring to the first definition.
>>
>>43606975
>We're not using the second definition though, are we.
I don't recall anyone saying that.
>>
>>43606986
"Having great authority or power" is not a well-defined ability or power by itself.
>>
>>43606999
Neither is infinite power, because you have to define the aleph of the infinite set.
>>
I'm being hunted by Dr. Manhattan.
Dunno if it'd be easy or hard mode, but the ability to drag him into a pocket dimension where I'm god would do the trick
>>
>>43607027
What is Dr. Manhattan's power anyway?
>>
>>43607027
Just convince him leaving you alive is for the greater good of humanity, give yourself powers that would benefit humanity, done
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (960 KB, 1489x1145) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
960 KB, 1489x1145
>>43607027
>enemy: complete control over time, space and fate
>vs a pocket dimension
I think you'll be fine, chief.
>>
>>43605265
All Fiction.

I just fucking laugh as he inadvertantly turns me into a shounen hero and I kick his ass.
>>
>>43605363
No

No! No no no no!

Noooooooooooo
>>
>>43605363
infinity-infinity=undefined
>>
>>43605473
The means were to wish for it in the first place
Too bad you screwed the pooch on that one, dumbass
>>
>>43605517
Are you retarded?
Omniscience means knowledge of everything, it doesn't mean you can suddenly breach the barrier of impossibility with bullshit. This isn't one of your stupid Touhous.

Are you so mentally inhibited you don't understand the concept of impossibility?
>>
>>43606764
He can probably punch them into corporeal form
>>
>>43606853
That's because philosophical omnipotence is separate from linguistic omnipotence you pedantic fucking moron

It's like saying a very bland sphere is square because it's conformist and doesn't take risks.
you absolute idiot
>>
>>43605487
>omnipotence got countered
Just because you came to a false conclusion doesn't mean you can use that as an "answer"
>>
>i have a sword that can kill anything
>but i have a shield that blocks any sword
>unfortunately for you my sword can pierce any shield
>there's no such thing!
>>
>>43605265
>Think of the most powerful ability/power that you can think of

I choose

Love

...and now that I've read your spoilers I have no idea how this scenario would go.
>>
>>43609945
He rapes you to death.
>>
>>43610138
Guess I'll take easy mode and just have a rape-off.
>>
File: nic-cage-next.jpg (10 KB, 231x191) Image search: [Google]
nic-cage-next.jpg
10 KB, 231x191
>>43605265
>I think of Nicolas Cage in "Next"
>his power is the ability to see 1 minute ahead in time to things that directly relate to him or affect him.
>can literally dodge bullets before the trigger is pulled

I'm so fucked, help me /tg/! How do I get out of it!?
>>
File: giphy.gif (459 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
459 KB, 500x500
>>43609945
>Love.

You came to the right neighbourhood, motherfudger!
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.