[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG: Need Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Felidar-Sovereign.png (165 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Felidar-Sovereign.png
165 KB, 265x370
So I bought a lot of BFZ booster packs. I usually only play casually with friends but I've been thinking about going to my local FNM. This is the first deck I've built from scratch:
Creatures
>2x Bloodbond Vampire
>4x Courier Griffin
>2x Defiant Bloodlord
>4x Drana's Emissary
>2x Felidar Sovereign
>4x Kalastria Healer
>2x Malakir Familiar
>4x Nirkana Assassin
>2x Zulaport Cutthroat
Enchantments
>2x Quarantine Field
>4x Retreat to Hagra
Instant
>4x Tandem Tactics
Lands
>2x Blighted Steppe
>8x Plains
>14x Swamps
I'm going for life-gain and hoping I can either pull a win through Felidar Sovereign or just attacking with my creatures.
Is this a winning deck? What can make it better?
>>
I really only want to stick to BFZ cards since I have so many and hardly any Khans cards.
>>
I've had experience with the whole UW life gain allies deck and it just doesn't get there in standard. A fun deck that utilizes pretty much all BfZ cards is a blue White awaken deck. 4 halimar tidecaller and as many good awaken cards as possible. Think scatter to the winds, planar outburst, clutch of currents, etc. Also about 3-4 Noyan Dar, Roll Shaper. Really quite easy to build and is really effective. Halimar tidecaller bounces a card with awaken back to your hand when you get him in. Oh the removal you can get back...
>>
Also I'd throw in 3 Drana, liberator of malakir. And maybe 4 fortified ramparts to help you curve out your deck and help you early game.
>>
>>43601920
Yeah I thought about making an awaken deck. It looks like a lot of fun and I have 2 Planar Outbursts.
Building a deck around converge also looks like a lot of fun.
>>
>>43601952
What cards would you switch out?
And I only have one Drana.
>>
>>43602056
so buy mroe
>>
Why not post this in the casual magic thread that's already up?
>>
>>43601354
>I bought a lot of BFZ booster packs
I'm sorry.
>>
I've found Drana a disappointment in every deck I've tried to put her. Clunky to play with the black mana dedication and just a little slow against midrange and the like.

Hopefully her day will come because I've been lucky enough to pull four from a box and fatpack.
>>
>>43601354
splash blue for 4x jace
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.