[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digimon Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: digidestined chart temp.png (64 KB, 1916x805) Image search: [Google]
digidestined chart temp.png
64 KB, 1916x805
>Create a human avatar
>Choose your Digimon partner and their digivolutions
http://wikimon.net/Visual_List_of_Digimon
>Fill the points out in your Digimon stats
>>
File: digidestined RPG chart me.png (547 KB, 1405x805) Image search: [Google]
digidestined RPG chart me.png
547 KB, 1405x805
>>
File: tg.png (382 KB, 1916x805) Image search: [Google]
tg.png
382 KB, 1916x805
Didn't really feel like coming up with a name or design.
>>
Also is there any system that works for digimon?
>>
>>43601585
It depends on what you're looking for out of a campaign.

Players as tamers, players as digimon, players as tamer/digimon duos, etc.
>>
>>43601961

The one time I ran a Digimon game, it led to copious amounts of NTR and hurt feelings. Never again.
>>
>>43599683
Can I make my own special snowflake Digimon?
>>
>>43602103
Sure, if you can draw.
>>
>>43601961
I imagine players + digimon would fit the series the best.
>>
>>43602018
pls storytime
>>
File: Digimon char.png (383 KB, 1916x805) Image search: [Google]
Digimon char.png
383 KB, 1916x805
>>
>>43603015
>>43601527
Is it a coincidence these two lines have identical stats
>>
File: Lazy.gif (203 KB, 1916x805) Image search: [Google]
Lazy.gif
203 KB, 1916x805
>>43603072
Probably. Their starting and in-between stats are different.
>>
>>43602691

Later. On phone.

No furries involved, however.
>>
File: Untitled.png (92 KB, 1850x1065) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
92 KB, 1850x1065
Larger template for those using card-sized arts.
>>
File: Untitled.png (833 KB, 1425x1065) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
833 KB, 1425x1065
Every digi-story needs a lady.
>>
>>43599683
What does Digital Energy mean? And partnership, why is "how well you bond" a numerical stat that you sacrifice other stats for?
>>
File: fairymonkick.png (1 MB, 813x1185) Image search: [Google]
fairymonkick.png
1 MB, 813x1185
>>43602691

All right, I'm back. See, this was an experimental game with two players. You had the human partner, who was the equivalent of a wizard. We were using the Tamers system, where cards = powers. I did change things around a bit so that the user could attack more directly with things like reality-rips, viruses, and so on, as well as buff his partner. The other player was a Fairymon/Kazemon.

We were going with the whole 'hidden world'/monster-battling thing, with multiple chosen kids fighting it out to absorb power for their partners (and from wild monsters).

Unfortunately, Fairymon's player had a different game in mind, and she flirted aggressively with the other player's asshole rival. You know, the charismatic ladies-man dick whom the hero beats down to show how badass he is? Well, apparently she really liked the way he treated his Rosemon.

That's the gist of it. There were a few in-character arguments when Fairymon starting pulling her blows, and things just got acrimonious. The game eventually broke down before they really got into the big mysteries of the setting.
>>
>>43604682
Not OP nor template creator, so take with salt.

Digital energy could be a combination of battle endurance and energy resource.

Partnership it not simply a bond, since the bonds between tamers and their digimon are more than just an emotional relationship. It can be more supernatural, such as the ability for tamer and digimon to use eachother as perspective extensions, synchronize with eachother for spiritual bonds, etc. It's not just the practical/mundane aspects of working together, but the supernatural ones as well that the setting offers.
>>
>>43605118
I'm not quite buying it, but what do you mean by spiritual and supernatural bonds?
>>
>>43605146
In almost all of the animated series, there were supernatural aspects between humans and their partner digimon in some form or another. Often some characters had better bonds and could more reliably tap into these. There were some partnerships that had objectively better or worse bonds. (Most notably in earlier series, where the main protagonist duos were able to reach the highest powers but other characters unable.)
>>
>>43605207
>objectively better or worse bonds
I thought we were talking about spiritual bonds that you put stats in and not the actual relationships they have?

>where the main protagonist duos were able to reach the highest powers but other characters unable
so Partnership is the one stat that should always be maxed out to get your evolutions?
>>
>>43605250
>so Partnership is the one stat that should always be maxed out to get your evolutions?
Might be more about the speed in which they're unlocked, since in both rewrites and later series tend to have all partners reach final forms, though at more spaced-out intervals.

I can only try to guesstimate the intent of something created and unexplained by someone else so much. But hey, if it all bothers you then I guess you're welcome to propose an alternative stat system.
>>
>>43605593
there's a lot I would change, but it IS true that the source did not exactly elaborate beyond OFF, DEF, SPD, BRN
>>
>>43604682
This is the OP, sorry for not explaining the stats, and taking so long. I was sleeping. Here is how I see the stats working:

>Offense
Physical strength
>Defense
The Digimons physical durability and it's overall ability to surviving a blocked attack
>Digital Energy
Every Digimon has some special attack, like Agumons Pepper Blast. This is how powerfull it is.
>Movement
Speed and agility
>AI
How smart the Digimon is.
>Partnership
This determines how fast a Digimon digivoles. Now this might seem weird, but it also determines theDigimons personality and how well they can change their human partner for the better. For example, a one point partnership Digimon is like a mindless drone, but a 10 point partnership Digimon is like your best friend forever.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>43601961
I really want to play/run a Players as Digimon game.
>>
>>43605721
not really for the "how smart" being different from "mindless drone", because book smarts don't translate well to combat AI if that was what you were aiming for. After a certain point, being smart in combat means knowing your opponent, ergo knowing people/emotions.

But aside from that it seems okay, not any worse than the original 4.

I just don't like vague MAG stats. It just doesn't work for the digimon format where you always use TECHs and regular attacks barely matter.
>>
>>43605800
If you can make it better, have at it.
>>
>>43605816
>Partnership
Not a stat, but a general track of how your relationship with your partner progresses as you unlock evolutions. It can go backward if that's part of your character's development.

Going by Re: Digitize, Brain seems to do 2 different jobs, accuracy and tactics. Accuracy in the sense of measuring attack distances and dodging/leading targets, tactics in the sense of following complex orders and probably stuff like feints.

those are the ones I'm sure of.
>>
>>43605107

Hot. Why Fairymon, though? You'd think there were hotter Digimon.
>>
>>43604480
>Sistermon
>BelleStarmon
Jesus, when did this happen?
>>
>>43605977
Sistermons Blanc and Noir(Noir being the one I used) first showed up in 2012 in Digimon Collectors, a terminated smartphone game.

Awakened Sistermons then were added to the game in 2013

BelleStarmon was originally part of promo art in the 15th Anniversary Box Set, I think in an art book. She would then later be added to Digimon Collectors and Digimon Crusader(another terminated smartphone game, but coming US side this season apparently.)
>>
>>43605910

Player choice. I personally like LadyDevimon best, if I had to pick.
>>
There seems to be a lack of rookie and champion level lady-digimon to pick from.
>>
>>43608137
Yeah the usual trend in digimon are monsters turning human form after a few steps.
I think there are a fair amount of champion level ladymon though, like D'arcmon and that oni one there's also the sistermon.
>>
>>43605721
>>43605800
I think high AI, low Partnership would be like a highly competent bodyguard who follows orders, but their relationship with you would be strictly professional at all times. Like they were doing it for a paycheck.
>>
File: johnydestined.png (660 KB, 1916x805) Image search: [Google]
johnydestined.png
660 KB, 1916x805
Man I love the x antibody robot digimon, shame there's no Tyrannomon x.
I would have gone for Agumon but I wanna save him for a Greymon line so that left Guilmon, only problem is Guilmon x and Growlmon x look like shit so I went with the regular ones and just pretend they're also x antibodies.

And yes, I am kind of edgy
>>
>that awful character template

Why.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.