[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the most despised class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1330721630283.png (605 KB, 918x4643) Image search: [Google]
1330721630283.png
605 KB, 918x4643
Which is the most despised class?
>>
Rogues.
>>
>>43599295
I have a personal, deep hatred of artificers.
>>
>>43599839
Why?
>>
>>43599855
Not the guy you're responding to, but personally I don't like them because they can do absolutely everything. They're a one man party if they're given enough time and resources, so if they're in a party already they tend to overshadow most everyone else.
>>
>>43599993
Are there ways to limit that?
>>
>>43600002
Yes, but the problem is still there.
>>
After many years of GMing, I've come to hate any class that relies on stealth, because only insufferable cockbags ever play them.
>>
>>43600002
Not him, but i would say mostly by limiting the downtime they need for crafting or access to the materials they need. The former affects the rest of the party as well and latter is kind of hand wavy. It's just what the class does.
>>
Rogues typically attract players wanting to make brooding edgelords or assholes who steal from the party and try to justify it in character.

>>43599855

Because every other artificer player wants to be the guy who invents guns and tanks, and it's been done so many times it becomes grating.
>>
>>43599295
The working class
>>
>>43599993
In 3.5, the artificer is hands down one of the strongest classes in the game, above all other classes. It's a shame they get a bad rap because I earnestly like the idea behind them. One of my favorite characters was an artificer/swashbuckler gestalt who used a swordcane and was an eccentric. He believed in the idea of the Grand Machine: that all things in the cosmos work together to create a beautiful, running machine, and he deigned it as his job to make sure the Machine is greased and running.
>>
>>43601435
When he wasn't adventuring, he ran a workshop and managed upgrades and special customized works for the party. Eventually, he was able to craft his own bodyguard golem named Atlas. I never seriously tried to break the game.
>>
>>43599295
Mathematics seems to be really unpopular
>>
>>43600475
> faggots not wanting to become the jolly king of thieves and redistribute wealth
They get that games are meant to be FUN right?
>>
File: marx.jpg (7 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
marx.jpg
7 KB, 188x268
>>43599295
The Bourgeois
>>
>>43599295
Peasant scum
>>
wizards or magus/swordsage maybe, in the case that they enter with the plan being to break the game. many classes could do it, but those two kinda seem to draw them in. thrallherds or necromancy focused clerics perhaps as well.
>>
>>43599295
Monks.

FUCK MONKS! MONKS FUCKING SUCK! CHOP MONKS UP AND FEED THEM TO THE OTHER MONKS! ANYONE WHO PLAYS MONK IS A MORON! BURN THEIR CHARACTER SHEETS! MONKS ARE ALL DUMB!

FUCK THOSE FUCKING MONK FUCKERS!!!
>>
Probably commoner.
>>
anything that makes hordes of summoned creatures.

Combat is usually a slog already, I don't care about your 50 summoned skeletons or whatever the fuck
>>
>>43599295
Bards or Wizards.

The former because they always ruin things by fetish, the latter because they always ruin things with their godpowers and megalomania
>>
>>43599295
If have to say by sheer volume the bourgeoise
>>
>>43605692
That is why you force the summoner to take an ability that allows them to blow up their minions.
>>
>>43608475
>>43602503
>>43600504
>>
>>43600175
>>43599993
>>43599839
What do you guys think about artificers in 5e?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.