[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Noir Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
hello gentlemen!
i'm about to start a personal project about anthropomorphic animals living in a noir theme solving crimes, fixin' troubles and making puns(kind like Sam and Max). But First i decided to drop by and see what you guys think about.
My question is: Should I make a board game like muchkin or a full-fledged RPG?
Animals Noir is a detective game that you may play as Ricky Cheddar, a Danny Glover-like Rat that wears coats and hats; Mcnuggets, hard-boiled cockwith a "shoot first, ask questions later" atittude; Porkchops, a big and fatass hog from an enforcer unit and many others characters that i'm developing.
And what does animal noir has to offer besides the role playing or board game?
I'm trying to create new system based on as many puns as you can make during the game and generating points from it to buff your battle encounters and skills tests during the game. after using a pun, you accumulate a punpoint, you can use it to increase hit chance, damage or even a skill.
Example: " Ricky made a Cheesy pun about Punching and punch juice, so now he has 3 punpoints to spend using it anyway that the player feels like it. Do you want to convince a npc? Need more powder in your shots? Just do it!"
so that's it for now, i hope that it may interesting you, fellas!
i'll try be around to answer any questions about or read any suggestions!
>>
File: 1332171153539.png (171 KB, 337x253) Image search: [Google]
1332171153539.png
171 KB, 337x253
>>43594980
No.
>>
>>43594980
That sounds like a one way ticket to furry town
>>>/trash/
>>
>>43594980
Have you read Blacksad?

It's a comic that's pretty much noir with anthropomorphic animals.
>>
really?? i thought that i was doing an original thing
>>
>>43595167
Man, Blacksad is awesome.
You see, OP's idea seems cool because you get to play on pretty much Blacksad's setting but with a different mechanic that actually encourages RP.
>>
Animal Noir is supposed to be goofy and fun, Blacksad looks too dark for the lore and design of my project.
I want to create something like Daffy Duck Noir Adventures
>>
i really agree that Blacksad is awesome, but i never had the knowledge of it's existence... i'll start to read it...
and about the Mechanics, the punpoint system is of many ways to encouraging the player, however i'm still developing new stuffs for this project...
anyway, Thanks for the suggestion annon!
you were very handful and kind!
>>
I'd love a combination of cute animals and dark tone like Endtown or Blacksad.

Constantly having to make goofy puns for benefits would sour roleplaying and immersion for me, however.
>>
>>43595339
I understand your point of view, but the way I see it is that the puns are made depending on the situation. Like those cheesy cop-shows, you know.
>>
this game will turn a pain in the ass after tons of mediocre puns for sure, however there is a limit cap for Punpoints. some characters will have more or less punpoint cap, making the players to NOT spam puns as retarded hyenas...
>>
i also got another version of this project named Animal Vice. Pretty much the same thing, but with miami vice theme and WAY darkier than animal noir in matters of violence and fucked up lore and design
>>
in other words, Animal Vice will be more likely to blacksad than Animal Noir
>>
>>43595399
It's not 100% a game made for my taste, but that's ok.
I'd like to point out however that you have your hands on a mechanic that is very metagamey by nature, as you receive benefits without justification from the ingame situation. Or you could say that your characters are using pure plotpower when succeeding because of puns.

And unrelated to that the project needs better names. The Animal x doesn't cut it.
>>
Hmm... Sounds like a fun enough idea...
There should absolutely exist a way to limit the puns. However, some players might feel left out if they can't come up with puns and stuff, as they might not get as many points as the players with a "good humour" or something.
>>
>>43594980
Read it in Wacko's voice
>>
>>43595617
Maybe OP could put a limitation to how much puns a player could make, kinda like action points? Then depending if the joke was good it could determine if he got the point or not.
There's also restrictions to how many "punpoints" one could have, so that's good.
>>
>>43595645
But Wakko is not in the OP's image. That is Yakko.
>>
>>43594980
Just so I know. Is this game supposed to be combat or "dialogue" driven?
>>
File: toonpunk.jpg (58 KB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
toonpunk.jpg
58 KB, 450x288
I just remembered Toonpunk, maybe search the thread in the archives, OP.

Reflections on the Ink, Walt Disney:

To those of you who find yourselves like me, I'm sure there are questions that come to mind.
What is this power that I hold? Why has God give me such free reign to create?
What is the purpose of such limitless creation?

In our hands, the ink is not the simple tool of any animator or simple artist.
The ink is not even itself anymore. For the first time, the ink has become Ink.
The power of our creation no longer lies simply on the page to play out before us,
but through our minds, bodies, wills and sketchpads.
And this power is ours alone to hold and bring unto the world.

I fear that, in our time, there are those who would pervert this discovery.
Those that would use the power of the Ink beyond entertainment.
I will admit, since I discovered it, there have been moments of temptation.
Lapses into greed and madness where my creations twisted and reflected this horror.
Pete, the one you all know, is one such creation.
While still not evil, per se, he is simple rage and aggression given form.
He attacks, steals, lies and cheats for his goals and I must wonder...
is this an echo of my own mind? Do I truly with for such a world to live in?

Time and time again, I remind myself of the contrary.
Before him, I gave rise to Mickey. The very epitome of light-hearted discovery and animation.
His wonder is incredible. Coming from the Ink, it was like watching a toddler move into the world,
full of wonder and curiosity. If he is indeed an echo of my own mind through the Ink,
perhaps this is a show of my own incredible awe of what I had found. The awe of creation,
perhaps the very same one that possessed God upon seeing all of his creation spread before him
on the seventh day.
>>
>>43595735

On Mickey, I find him much like a child. His wonder is pure and innocent, and he learns quickly.
Already, language is not lost upon him. My words are met not with words in kind,
but gestures and a kind of weak sign language. Occasionally,
small notes or lines will drift from his mouth on speaking. My own old habits dying hard, I suspect.
Perhaps someday he will speak to me as I have spoken to him so frequently.
Perhaps he will tell me what his wonder has shown him, what it feels like to be a made creature.

But I digress. To the very Ink itself...I must say, I am perplexed what has brought about its power.
It is not unwelcome in this world, but I will remain curious and will investigate any and all leads.

Read this well, my fellows, and share any news that you have found.

With love,
Walt
>>
>>43595411
>>43595443
>>43595521
Can you please not post this much? Also if you're responding to somebody link the response.
>>
i'm new here...so i don't know some actions to reply your posts, guys.
The Noir Theme was choose to determinate the Background for the characters, If Animal Noir becomes a RPG, it's the players option to choose as goofy or dark as they want to play.If you desire to be a Sin City character or Looney Toons character is the player choice. Just like the freedom that i want to offer to the players!
About the punpoint being action points, it's true!
It's an easier way to explain... punpoint= action points. And of course! There will be some kind of ratings to determine good puns or lame ways to get points. And Yes! there IS Puns Cap for each characters, so some characters will be meant to hoard PunPoints.
>>
>>43596295
You see the post number at the top of your post?
No.43596295 for yours, if you want to reply to a post, click on that number above the post.

Try replying to my post. If you click on the number that comes up above my post, it'll link my post in your reply box.
>>
>>43596387
ohhh.... ty, m8!
>>
>>43595735
that was beautiful... truly saying, bro.
>>
Yiff in hell
>>
How do you plan to make puns relevant to the system? Maybe using the puns for bonuses on rolls?
For example: A dog policeman involved into an interrogation is confronted about his motivations to reopen this particular case, that was abandoned, replies: "Let's just say that i love to dig for old bones..." Would he gain a bonus for the interrogation?
>>
>>43598158
Yes... he would gain one PP(punpoint for short)
and the player can spend that point in that roll or in another of his future's choices. however, the player can't accumulate more than the character cap. the player also can spend every PP in any number of his PP pool.
>>
>>43598378
Thinking about the old Storyteller skills and atributes, all divided in three categories, maybe it wise to put categories for the puns. This way you couldn't have a large pool and also couldn't use, for example, a "comical pun" on a gunshot roll.
>>
>>43597802
>tripfag impersonator
>shit post

Wow, what surprise

I'm too old for furry worry, so I hope you keep at this, OP.
>>
>>43598505
There will be the old stuffs like atributes, skills and perks, puns features is just a new fun way to get and spend action point. instead having milestones to gather action point, you can gather it in a funnier way while you role play.
Animal Noir offers a different background(noir) and character(goofy/dark) in a way to make fun while you playing. like the pre-made characters that i mention: Ricky Cheedar, and McNugget are literal jokes. Ricky doesn't give a fuck about his trickester ways and people calling him a RAT. in the other hand, McNugget has a negative perk that's requires a coin roll to resist every taunt used against Mcnuggets.
It will continue as a regular RPG, in addition of the Pun Feature. That is similiar to Action Point in D&D.
But,Guys... The real question is.... Do you guys think Animal Noir will be a hit if it was a board game or a rpg?
>>
>>43594980
>Anthropomorphic Noir

Already being made right now.

sanguinegames.com/2015/10/09/urban-jungle-anthropomorphic-noire-role-play-now-taking-pledges/

kickstarter.com/projects/sanguine/urban-jungle-anthropomorphic-tabletop-role-play

Same people that did Ironclaw
>>
>>43600016
>Already being made right now.
>Same people that did Ironclaw

Why does this not surprise me
>>
>>43600397
Hey, stick with what you know. Besides, /tg/'s reaction to Iron Claw is lukewarm at best which probably means its a decent system.
>>
Well, you can always check http://lackadaisycats.com/ for the noir vibe.
>>
>>43600626
>/tg/'s reaction to Iron Claw is lukewarm at best which probably means its a decent system.
Seemed to be either

>Best system ever
or
>Ewwww furries
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.