[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hundred Year War Quest 12 [Avatar]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17
File: Opening.jpg (58 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Opening.jpg
58 KB, 720x480
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. The world slowly smoldered as the Air Nomads were eradicated by the Fire Nation, leaving nothing but empty homes in their wake. The Fire Nation has already started a full-scale campaign on the Southern Water Tribe, beginning the cycle of death anew.

Fifty years this war has raged, scorching the forests and destroying lives. Many have died and all hope of the Avatar's return has been extinguished, but life goes on. The walls of Ba Sing Se, Omashu, and the Northern Water Tribe have held the Fire Nation at bay, seemingly nothing can penetrate them. As always, there is also solace in wandering.

But this isn't a story about the Avatar, or a king, or even a hero, this is the story of Kuo, a wandering Firebender.

>Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Hundred+Year+War+Quest

>Thread 2 because 4chan broke: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42620238

>Character sheet: http://pastebin.com/dvvubPQK

>The Cast so far: http://pastebin.com/VTf6evPR
>>
File: Tea time.png (137 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Tea time.png
137 KB, 333x250
You sit in a chair across from the man who might have been captured if not for your help. He is currently face-first on the table with a mask half hanging off of his head. He has no clue how close he came to being kidnapped, and you think you know why Noppera didn't just run. He was not sent here just to capture Piao, otherwise he would have done it before the party, he was also here to meet with someone. The woman in the doll mask comes to mind, no doubt a member of the Dai-Li Triad.

A house servant brings a pot of hot tea to you and bows deeply but, so as to cultivate your image as being frazzled, you grab the pot directly from her hands. It isn't the least bit painful, you accidentally lit your arms on fire once, but you fake a yelp of pain and let go before picking it up. Obviously holding back laughter, the woman sets the pot on the table and quickly walks away. Across from you, the drunken general lifts his head.

"Hmmm... wha was- oh Dong, what're you doing here?" He grumbles a bit and rubs his face.

"Y-you passed out and the Guard showed up. E-everybody left, but I figured it would be rude to leave without saying goodbye. Tea?" You pour a cup of tea for yourself, a brew favored by the lower class you realize, smelling more of dirt than tea.

"Yeah, thanks for staying Dong. You're a good friend, shame the King didn't show up, would've loved talking to you. Heck, the Queen would love you, you're more... agreeable than most of the nobles." You get that he's implying you are submissive to others, which is very good, exactly what you want people to think. You pour him some of the tea.

[1/2]
>>
File: All these rich guys.png (118 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
All these rich guys.png
118 KB, 333x250
"This is hardly the kind of brew I would expect in this house- n-not that I'm saying you have poor taste! But, what's the story if you mind me asking." You are kind of interested in how a man with so little decorum became a general. He laughs a bit, then he seems to sober up.

"Unlike those other generals who started as Captains and the cream like that, I crawled my way through the mud, made a name for myself, fought for every title I earned." He pulls up his shirt revealing a multitude of burn scars."I reached the peak at Commander, but then the King came through my post and liked the way I work. Next day I got a letter from him offering me a position as General. Best day of my life, my family was so proud." He seems to look a bit morose.

>"D-did something... happen to them?"
>"Wow, that's quite a story."
>"I really need to meet the King one day."
>Write-in
>>
>>43594816
>>"D-did something... happen to them?"
>>
>>43594816
>>
>>43594816
>>
>>43594816
>>
>>43594816
>Write-in

"What is your impression of the King?"
>>
>>43594843
>>43594845
>>43594853
>>43594854
>>43594861
I'll write now, off to a rollicking start.
>>
bit of a delay. give me a sec.
>>
File: Yessir.gif (998 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
Yessir.gif
998 KB, 500x243
"D-did something... happen to them?" He talks about his family, but they don't live here with him. It's very odd.

"No, just that the Royal Advisor is an asshole, won't let them in from the Outer Wall. Something about 'minimizing threats to the Earth King's security.' We all know it's just because he looks down on people who didn't get their position through inheritance. Somebody ought to bring him down a peg one day. The King won't do it because he's his brother in law." Well, at least his family's alive.

"Well, that's quite a story. How is the King anyway?"

"He's great, just the people he associates with is the problem. All those nobles poison his brain, make him think that his title is ceremonial, not a position. He's a great guy, but he isn't very... unmoving. Not like his dad, he wouldn't say he was wrong even if it was a horrible error. But hey, he's not the worst king we could have." He seems rather bitter, it's kind of odd for him. Like he tasted something that made him sick, but maybe that's the tea.

"Well, it's a bit after the moon's peak, so maybe you should head home. Well, you know, the palace. Thanks for staying here, we should do this more often. Honest people like us should stay together." He grabs your shoulder with a hard grip. You wince, both from his words and his gesture.

You walk out of the door and the night air greets you, slightly chilling you. The lamps glow a warm yellow as you walk past them in the streets. A clanging noise comes from an alley as you walk by, like metal on metal. Curious...

>Investigate
>Go to the palace
>Write-in
>>
>>43595547
>Investigate
>>
>>43595547
>Investigate
H-hello? I-is anyone there?
>>
>>43594797
>You pour a cup of tea for yourself, a brew favored by the lower class you realize, smelling more of dirt than tea.

Pu-erh?

>>43595547

>He's a great guy, but he isn't very... unmoving.

Guess that's a compliment when you idealize rocks.

Also, definitely:
>investigate
>>
>>43595547
>>Investigate
>>
>>43595752
>>43595621
>>43595594
>>43595586
roll 1d100 for encounter.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>43595766
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>43595766
C'mon generous gypsies.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>43595766
>>
>>43595784
How odd, but not un-

>>43595808
HOHO, doin this.
>>
>>43595808
AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
>>
>>43595808
>>43595819
Why is it always your quests?
>>
File: why the fuck not.gif (492 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck not.gif
492 KB, 500x252
You decide to investigate the sound, but you need to be subtle. Wait, no, that's what Kuo would do. You grimace and call out.

"H-hello? I-is anyone there?" You call out sheepishly to the alley, not really expecting a response. You hear nothing, so you go in further and repeat.

"A-anyone?" You start feigning fear, this might have been a Dai-Li trap or something, so you want them to kidnap you. In reality, maybe these are muggers, but whatever, Dong Rock would fold like an origami swan under pressure.

"Dr. Rock?" You see a shadowy figure in the light behind you from the streetlamp. It appears to be rather short but it is flanked by two giant figures. The sight of them fills you with dread. Is this really such a good idea?

"Y-yes." You begin shivering, forcing yourself to be terrified.

"My friends and I have an offer for you, why don't you follow us?" Well, maybe this was a Dai-Li trap, these guys certainly seem shady enough, the short figure advances from the shadows, revealing a squat, portly man with glasses similar to yours. He smiles with a kind of threatening, maniacal glee.

>Run
>"O-okay, just don't hurt me."
>Run like a coward
>Oh, you've got something on your shirt. It's fire.
>Write-in
>>
>>43596222
*pause for a second*
"BEHIND YOU!"
>Run like a coward
>>
>>43596222
My curiosity is piqued.
>>
>>43596222
>>"O-okay, just don't hurt me."
>>
>>43596222

Be sure to pester him a lot on the trip. "Where are we going?" "This alley seems dark." "How'd you get such big muscles?"
>>
>>43596222
this

"Oh, you've got something on your shirt. It's fire."
not this but it makes me laugh
>>
>>43596276
Do you guys want to do this?
>>
>>43596409
No, just do it normally
>>
>>43596409
eh, sure
>>
>>43596409
I don't think Dong Rock has the fortitude to keep asking questions to scary people.
>>
>>43596409
No, breaks character
>>
>>43596409
I'm game.
>>
>>43596409

Huh, I did not realize that it would effect anything really

Still yes though, Dong Rock seems like a nervous talker, but we should shut up if they tell us to
>>
I'll keep it subdued, after all, you're developing a character. Writing
>>
>>43596477
I trust to make us not sound retarded
>>
>>43596519
trust you*
>>
>>43596519

Well to me, and I am probably overthinking this, Dong is a nervous scholarly type. He has spent his "life" building knowledge in order to get to know situations so he can be comfortable in them. He's not being actively hurt by these guys and as such might start nervously babbling.

Kuo is not Dong, Kuo would handle the whole situation a lot better.
>>
File: Ken and Do.png (266 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
Ken and Do.png
266 KB, 566x800
"O-okay, just please don't hurt me." You walk nervously towards him, your legs shaking. He smiles wider, much wider than you'd imagine possible. He is dwarfed by your height, but you have to keep acting like a coward, a harder task than you thought. He opens a door to a carriage outside of the alley and the two hulking bodyguards sit at the front of the carriage.

"W-where are we going?" You should keep acting nervous, you begin twiddling your thumbs.

"We are going to a place we won't be disturbed."

"Who a-are those people?"

"That's Ken and Do, they don't like people who talk too much." His voice goes from a high, raspy voice like a saw on wood to a slightly duller saw.

"I-i don't like to talk, just w-want to get the facts." You wince, expecting something, anything, but are instead greeted with a smile.

"Good, your understanding of the chain of command will serve you well in the future." His glasses catch the light in a weird manner, causing them to slightly shimmer. This doesn't seem like it will go anywhere unless you get ahead in questions.

>Just wait and stay quiet
>"W-what's your name?"
>"W-why are you taking me?"
>"You have made a horrible error in taking me."
>Cower in the corner of the carriage
>Write-in
>>
>>43596670
>>
>>43596670
>"W-why are you taking me?"
>Cower in the corner of the carriage
>>
>>43596670
>"A-are you the D-D-Dai-L-Li?"
>Tremble the name out.
>If yes, grin and say, "Perfect," then incinerate the bodyguards.
>If no, keep playing meek.
>>
>>43596670
>>
>>43596670
>>"W-why are you taking me?"
Can't wait to go dragon fire on these guys
>>
>>43596726
>>43596754
>>43596730
I'll take these as the more reasonable option. If there's no support for an action, then I won't do it.
>>
>>43596922

Fair to me
>>
File: Inner Wall.png (128 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Inner Wall.png
128 KB, 333x250
"W-why are you taking me?" You shrink into the back corner of the carriage, keeping a rather large distance from the man. He smiles a horrible grin.

"I can't tell you that, the boss will have to, just wait a bit. Dr. Rock, you have a bright future ahead of you." This reminds you more than a little bit of the White Lotus, only with more kidnapping. This must be the Dai-Li Triad, but what did you do that got their attention? Maybe they know about your exposure of Noppera, but then why would they go to this trouble to attempt to kill you. You aren't worth a ransom, this doesn't make sense.

You decide to keep quiet the rest of the ride, and instead contemplate why they are taking you. They haven't released or ransomed any of their other targets, but they haven't been explicitly killed either. Maybe they just want political leverage? Piao mentioned the Royal Advisor and him poisoning the King's mind, maybe he's a part of this? Just a hunch.

The carriage rolls to a stop and you are dead tired, but not as bad as it could have been, you could be hungover too. The short man gets up from his seat and extends his hand to you.

>Shake it
>Insist on a fist bump instead, citing cleanliness
>Write-in
>>
>>43597154
>>Insist on a fist bump instead, citing cleanliness
>>
>>43597154
>Shake it
>>
>>43597154
Take it as a help up from our seat, as he probably intends.
>>
>>43597154
>>Shake it
>>
>>43597154
>Shake it
>>
>>43597154
>>Shake it
nervously, like that episode of koth where hank shook hands with george w.
>>
>>43597154
>>43597198
This.
>>
File: I don't think he's serious.jpg (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
I don't think he's serious.jpg
61 KB, 250x250
>>43597198
>>43597223
OH NO, you figured me out, the awkwardness has been avoided.

Writing.
>>
Ah wait, gimme a 1d100+5
>>
Rolled 48 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>43597318
>>
Rolled 13 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>43597318

These seem like nice people
>>
Rolled 51 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>43597318
>>
Rolled 46 + 5 (1d100 + 5)

>>43597318
dice a shit
>>
>>43597348
Okay, writing.

>>43597339
I'll quote you on that.
>>
File: Idiots, truly.jpg (110 KB, 480x455) Image search: [Google]
Idiots, truly.jpg
110 KB, 480x455
You reach up and use his hand to pull you out of your seat, he smiles again. He's a real unnerving son of a bitch ain't he. You don't have time to react as he pulls you directly into his fist and you black out. All perception of the world burns away, and you find yourself in a black void across from your tiny soul ferret. Maybe you have brain damage, because that just sounds crazy.

"Hello hu... Kuo, why are you here now?" Vorlash seems surprised and a bit annoyed.

"Uh, I got knocked out. I didn't realize this happens when I lose conciousness."

"Huh, well could you try and not?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll just not get knocked out. Stellar advice."

"You are welcome." Oh right, sarcasm is a bit beyond him.

Your senses shortly return and blurred sight reveals a small table in front of you. A small chair sets across it, and you move your head a bit to find that you are unable to move it more than a few centimeters to each side. You look down to find your hands bound to the chair you are sat in, as well as your feet. You immediately realize that they don't know what you can do after taking stock of a lack of a gag and the material the chair is made of. Wood. They must think you could only possibly be an Earthbender.

>Call out
>Burn your bindings
>Try to enter the Spirit World
>Write-in
>>
>>43597591
>Call out
>>
>>43597591
>Call out
>>
>>43597591
>Call out
h-hel-hello? i-is a-anyone there?
>>
>>43597591
>>Try to enter the Spirit World
>>
>>43597591
>Call out
Let's try and get as much info as possible before we melt the place.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>43597636
>>43597622
>>43597618
>>43597607
I feel the need to remind you that the objective of this mission is to figure out where the base is, not murder. Anyway, writing.
>>
>>43597742

Right. But then Murder is rarely the objective of the mission. In fact at that point it gets its own special word, assassination.

Murder is an unfortunate byproduct of missions.
>>
>>43597940
So is burning the flesh off of living people.

Oh, shit, our mom's people did that to our dad's.....
>>
>>43597999

Oh Shit. That's why he had us go on that walkabout, so that the voices in our head could go through this line of reasoning
>>
>>43597999
no problem, we'll just cook them from the inside
>>
"H-hello, is anybody there? I think t-there's been a mistake." You call out to an empty room, and suddenly the silence is filled by another voice. A voice that sounds like the most normal vooice you could conceive of. The kind of voice that you couldn't remember if you've heard before, maybe in a crowd somewhere.

"Hello Dr. Rock, I have some questions for you regarding your recent acquaintances." A tall man walks just within the perifery of your vision, but not close enough to see his face.

"Uh... I-i don't think I want to refuse." You feel him smile, not like the other guy, this smile is sincere.

"Very smart, let's start with a few simple ones. Where did you go to school?" He sits down in front of you, his face in a smirk and eyes that remind you of a hawk's.

"Ba Sing Se University, class of 49, major in Fire Nation Studies, minor in Air Nomad History." You remember drilling that into your brain from your fake identity briefing. Dong would never stutter when proclaiming his degree, he is a scholar after all.

"What were your parents like?"

"D-don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" The man punctuates the last three words in a way that implies a rage barely concealed by a veneer of civility. Obviously other people have been more stubborn.

"I-i'm an orphan sir, I n-never saw my parents." He seems calmed by this and loosens your bindings a bit, probably thinking they were too tight for your delicate tastes.

"Well then, who do you work for?"

>"T-the Earth King."
>"The W-war Council."
>"Hey, how does my breath smell?" (Steam)
>Write-in
>>
>>43598094
>>"The W-war Council."
haven't met the king yet
>>
>>43598094
>>"T-the Earth King."
by
helping the W-war council
>>
>>43598094
>"Th-...the...Generals? The War Council. I-I was just invited to g-give my opinion...Th-they d-don't pay me!"
>>
>>43598094
>"The W-war Council."
>>
>>43598094
>war council
>>
>>43598094
>>"The W-war Council."
>>
>>43598094
>"The W-war Council."
>>
>>43598094

This one, >>43598168.

dat filename
>>
>>43598168
We aren't getting paid? Cheap bastards. I guess that's what happens when you work for penny-pinching Earth people.
>>
So guys, this is the first time somebody might possibly be able to see through your disguise. So I need you to roll 1d100+20 for now. Drawing suspicion might yield information, but it will make this roll harder.
>>
>>43598094
>"The W-war Council."
>>
Rolled 21 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43598312
>>
Rolled 20 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43598312
>>
Rolled 14 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43598312
>>
>>43598352
>>43598348
>>43598346
41 isn't terrible, is it?
>>
Rolled 15 - 20 (1d100 - 20)

>>43598346
>>43598348
>>43598352
Let's see how he does. He hasn't fully figured you out yet, so he's at a disadvantage.
>>
>>43598346
>>43598348
>>43598352

Well we certainly are not on the ball today
>>
>>43598380
AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Even when we don't do well, we do amazing.
>>
>>43598380
This is anticipated for now. Writing.
>>
>>43598380
He fell into negatives! What a hack! No but seriously we got lucky.
>>
>>43598380
That's one hell of a disadvantage.
>>
>>43598380
he suspects less then nothing.
>>
>>43598380
Wow. I thought we were screwed for a moment.
He is having a bad day.
>>
File: The Council of Ridiculous Maps.png (116 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
The Council of Ridiculous Maps.png
116 KB, 333x250
"The W-war Council. But I dont, get pai- well I-i haven't yet. I'm not important, maybe get somebody else." You almost were worried there for a second, but he nods along.

"It's okay Doctor, we don't want to hurt you. Now, tell me about the generals." He has a puzzling look and crosses his legs. Then he motions for you to speak.

"W-well, one of them keeps suggesting using boulders for infiltration, another can't seem to come up with anything but a frontal assault. I have a frie- acquaintance in the Council named Piao. B-but he's not my best frien- well, we are friendly, but-" He raises his hand to make you stop.

"Very good, you're fine, I get it. Now, how do you feel about the Earth King?"

"H-he's a good ruler, but lacks convictions, o-or so I've been told, I haven't met him."

"Hmm, interesting, and the Queen?"

>"Uh, nothing really good... N-not to say she's bad b-but..."
>"She would like me if I met her? I-i don't know what was m-meant by it."
>"I-t's not proper to speak ill of others."
>Write-in
>>
>>43598692
>>
>>43598692
>>"S-She would like me if I met her? I-i don't know what was m-meant by it."
>>
>>43598692
>>
>>43598692
>>"She would like me if I met her? I-i don't know what was m-meant by it."
>>
>>43598692
>>
Rolled 40 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

Okay, roll me 1d100+20.
>>
Rolled 72 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43598844
>>
Rolled 39 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43598844
>>
Rolled 35 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43598844

Let's goooo
>>
>>43598844
This guy is definitely from the real Dai-Li.
>>
>>43598852
>>43598868
>>43598871
Okay, writing.
>>
File: Like Go but less convoluted.png (92 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Like Go but less convoluted.png
92 KB, 333x250
"She would like me if she met me? I-i'm not quite sure what was m-meant by it." He smiles and gives a kind of half chuckle. Then he pulls a small knife out from under the table. You make sure to widen your eyes in shock.

"I like you Doctor, you are very... compliant. For that very reason, the Queen would like you too." You widen your eyes more to fake shocked understanding of the phrase. "I would have had to threaten anybody else at least twice before this point."

"So, surely you had friends in college, right? Who were they?"

"Well, I h-had the guys from Pai-Sho, everyone takes it really seriously there. I didn't do much else." Another tidbit you memorized.

"I heard you even played the old master. I remember when he was just an Architecture major. How has he been?" He's probing to get info, make you trip up.

"He's doing... fine, last w-we spoke he was worried about low enrollment in Air Nomad History."

"And I also heard you beat him."

Oh no, what would Dong say in this situation, he's supposed to be a Pai-Sho prodigy, but also too modest to admit it. There has to be something that's still an answer, and his questions are getting more pointed.

>"I g-got lucky."
>"T-that's crazy."
>"I promised I wouldn't say. S-sorry."
>Refuse to answer
>Write-in
>>
>>43599272
>"I g-got lucky."
>>
>>43599272
>>"I g-got lucky."
>>
>>43599272
>Refuse to answer
>>
>>43599272
>"I g-got lucky."
>>
>>43599272
>"I promised I wouldn't say. S-sorry."
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>43599325
>>43599363
>>43599393
Okay, roll 1d100+20
>>
>>43599272
>>"I g-got lucky."
>>
Rolled 86 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43599423
>>
Rolled 80 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43599423
>>
Rolled 31 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

>>43599423
>>
>>43599456
>>43599458
Dong Rock, master bluff.
>>
File: SQUARE PEGxROUND HOLE.png (63 KB, 321x357) Image search: [Google]
SQUARE PEGxROUND HOLE.png
63 KB, 321x357
>>43599456
>>43599458
>>43599463
Okay then. Writing and dinner.
>>
There is a suspicious lack of FUCKMOTHERING Wang Fire, Hero of the Fire Nation in this thread.
>>
>>43599589

Well duh. We're Dong Rock, GREATEST MIND OF THE EARTH KINGDOM
>>
>>43599664
Are you sure your not Wang Fire who is also Alpharius?
>>
>>43599679

No I am Dong Rock who is also Omegon
>>
"I got l-lucky."

"Well, I don't think luck has anything to do with it. I'm going to take off your bindings, you are going to walk out the door, and the kind men outside will take you to your room." He uncrosses his legs, stands, and walks towards you. He grabs the knife off the table and holds it in front of you. "If you do anything funny, I will be forced to pacify you. I am not particularly good at being 'gentle'." He cuts your bindings and leads you to the door.

The door opens and you are flanked by two men that you recognize from the carriage, Ken and Do. They grab an arm each and you are lifted from your feet. The two brutes carry you along a dark hallway scarcely illuminated by blue lamps, but there are some signs. They mostly label stuff in numbers and letters, but one says "exit" and seems like it would be a good bet if you wanted to run.

Another sign says "Waste Disposal" and judging by the fact you do not smell anything burning, they must dump it or something. That's a possibility too. Finally, one is marked "Archives", which would probably be a good way to get info. Something nags at you though.

"I have my stuff, but where are my antique weapons? You definitely didn't leave them with me right?" You scramble out the words.

Do nods.

>Make a run for the Archives
>Make a dash for the exit
>Run to Waste Disposal
>Play along for now
>Write-in
>>
File: bluff.jpg (212 KB, 990x743) Image search: [Google]
bluff.jpg
212 KB, 990x743
>>43599483

The earth related puns just make themselves.
>>
>>43599956
>Play along for now
I doubt this guy's an idiot, and we should try to avoid arousing any suspicion. We can escape later.
>>
>>43599956
>>Play along for now

We have our objective, we just need to figure out the exact location here and then we can get back into the archives later, no sense in blowing our cover just yet
>>
>>43599956
>Ask why you're here, anyways.
>>
>>43599956
>>Play along for now
>>
>>43599956
>Play along for now
>>
>>43599956
>Play along for now.
>>43599985
Didn't even know "bluff" was a play on-words when I posted.
>>
>>43599956
>Play along for now
We might also ask if we can eventually have the weapons back if we do what he says.
>>
Well then, time to write.
>>
File: Dai Li Triad.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Dai Li Triad.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
You play along and let them take you to your room, which they do rather quickly. Ken and Do drop you in front of a door and let you open it, revealing a dim room with blue lights around it. It has a small bed and a shelf, but seems like it is empty. There is a small window on a wall, showing the sunset on a view of the city. You can tell right now that this overlooks the Outer Wall and it's higher than any of the buildings, but that narrows it down to almost all around the wall. No doubt that would be easier than all of Ba Sing Se, but only scarcely.

The door slams behind you and locks with a shunk. On your bed are a set of robes with a noticably darker shade of green than your own, a single stamp in the shape of a triangle, and a note.

"You have been selected as an advisor for the rebellion, Dr. Rock, and we do not take our appointments lightly. This is not due to any merit of your own, but rather a proximity to certain important members of the current institution. Know this though, the first step is counseling. You will be placed here until Dr. Di has found you to be acceptable for the cause. You have made a correct decision in accepting our offer, and your future looks bright."

Well, at least you aren't a prisoner, or at least you don't think. They don't seem to exactly trust you yet, and you're willing to bet that doctor will be scrutinizing you every moment you are here. A snuffling interrupts your thoughts, it appears to be coming from under the bed.

>Check it out
>Must be Shinji, try and figure out where you are
>Try to enter the Spirit World
>Write-in
>>
>>43600483
>>Check it out
>>
>>43600483
>Check it out

Keep playing the nervous angle though, their eyes will always be on us I would imagine
>>
>>43600483
Check it out and if it's Shinji try to figure out where you are. Also this event: Fuckin' Sick! We can be a double agent; the "White Lotus" and "The Rebellion"
>>
>>43600483
>Check it out
>>
Okay, this should be the last update, writing
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>43600605
Actually, let's see if you're lucky.
>>
>>43600634
Should we roll? Also that isn't lucky.
>>
>>43600661
Nah, it wasn't for anything relating to your actions, rather somebody else's.
>>
>>43600703
Did Shinji set the room on fire?
>>
File: Ogumo.jpg (43 KB, 558x700) Image search: [Google]
Ogumo.jpg
43 KB, 558x700
You decide to check out the noise and bend down under your bed. Staring back at you is Shinji, and he appears to be chewing on something. You call him out and he sheepishly pads out from under the bed holding a scroll in his mouth. He drops it at your feet with his tail between his legs, but you quickly pat his head and he brightens up, panting happily. You open the scroll and find a note written in shaky handwriting smeared on the page.

"They say you're special, don't listen. Remember yourself keep it at your core. I can feel myself losing track, who am I? I only have two answers, something starting with M and that horrible monster. They tell me who I should be, but I have to remember. Remember my little sister, I don't know her name. I need something to keep me who I am, but I don't know what, so I wrote this. I fear that it's too late for me to escape, even now I can barely bring my hand to write this. I am me. No. No. I am the metal spider. I am a brother. No. Ogumo."

You put away the scroll and think for a second on what you just read. It sounds like a madman, but as you study it, the handwriting gets more and more simplistic as it goes. At the end, the handwriting is like that of a child. You can hardly understand what this means, but one thing is certain.

This kidnapping is not what you expected.

>Thread over, Twitter is @xLostCowboyx, follow me to get the news on when I run. Will stick around to answer questions.
>>
>>43600951
Haha that brainwashing they did. Guess we may need to escape soon after all.
>>
>>43600951

Was that... a V for Vendetta reference?
>>
>>43600951
Nice nice, they aren't expecting a prodigy fire bender though
>>
>>43600986
Not intentionally.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.