[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ makes a Hive City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 18
File: hive_city.jpg (26 KB, 624x388) Image search: [Google]
hive_city.jpg
26 KB, 624x388
Let us create a hive city guys!

Here are the rules for creating this hive city:
>1: Only one post per Anon
>2: The post can only contain one thing. e.g: "a spaceport", or: "a lush garden" etc
>3: With that one thing you can also add if you feel like it; something extra to make it special, eg: a maglev station is infested with mutants, etc
>4: It takes 3 votes from 3 diffrent Anons to remove something from the hive
>5: You may also add some stuff about the planet the hive is located upon
>6: Have fun!

I was also the OP in the "/tg/ makes a spacehulk thread for those who were there
>>
>>43593678
An enormous red light district.
>>
It's on a moon orbiting a glass giant
>>
Due to extreme solar effects and a strong geo-thermal power source, the entire hive is effectively built upside-down, with the rich and oppulant living on the lowest and best-maintained levels while the poor and destitute suffer in the spires.
>>
>>43593695
it's called House Escher turf
>>
>>43593720
>glass giant

kek
If you want I can vote to remake glass into gas.
>>
>>43593722
perhaps the moon we reside on is like Europa (the moon)
>>
>>43593734
No.
>>
Deep in the depths of the Hive, a Swuat subculture has developed. Albino, weak eyesight and often seen to be hunched over. The governor claims to know nothing of them and refuses to be drawn into commenting on the subject.

>>43593734
I dunno, I like the idea that the hive is orbiting a planet that was exterminuatus'd in times past.
>>
>>43593785
The hive is built by the refugess from the long since exterminatused planet
>>
>>43593720
Due to the glass giant; the poor in the spires have to be careful of the daily "burn time" when the systems sun passes through the giant occasionally acting like a magnifying glass ( also the reason why the rich live at the bottom safe from the effects)
>>43593722
>>
The planetary governor is actually a robot.
>>
One of the principle industries of the hive is the reclemation and refinement of glass gathered from the neighboring glass giant. This glass, once properly processed has a number of artistic and industrial uses and is certainly not radioactive or contaminated by foul warp-ghosts in any way.
>>
>>43593812
The exterminatus caused the inhospitable climate mentioned in >>43593722.

I guess the depths the Squats live in is deep in the middle then, rather than at the peak or base?
>>
The admech has built research bases on the surface of the moon to test the heat resistance of some of thier equipment. That way they do not have to use energy to heat up lasers and heat arrays to test equipment
>>
>>43593831
He's not like, a sentient robot or anything, he's an automated assembly-line arm. This isn't even a big secret. He was appointed governor on a fluke and no one can agree on what paperwork is required to fix it.
>>
>>43593886
The actual leaders just pass documents to his in-tray, whereupon the arm picks it up, and signs it perfectly before putting it in the out tray.
You'd think the 'governor' in this case would be a glorified approval stamp, but oddly it refuses to sign anything that would have a negative impact on the Hive as a whole. The local magos has been summoned in the past and found the machine spirit was happy and content, so there's no reason it shouldn't just repeatedly sign anything in front of it.
It also refuses to sign anything to do with Squats or that mentions them by name.
>>
A huge throbbing pulsing oozing puddle of mud.
>>
Orks once tried to attack the hive and the moon. But they thought the glass planet looked shinier
The people still believe they are still the looting the glass planet to this day.
>>
A slaaneshi cult attempting to infiltrate the nobility
>>
Casual Fridays are a thing.
>>
Death sentences are made by sending the convict to the surface with only a bottle of sunscreen.
Other convicts that has made lighter crime are sentenced to slave labour in the factories
>>
File: 1394987714001.jpg (175 KB, 884x903) Image search: [Google]
1394987714001.jpg
175 KB, 884x903
>>43593695
>An enormous red light district.
With a Lesbian Slaaneshi Brothel!

>>43593957
>A huge throbbing pulsing oozing puddle of mud.
Why not Hyper Slime?
>>
>>43594088
Vote to remove 1/3.
>>
>>43594088
>>43594099
got my vote to remove
>>
Clothing is often very shiny, as it helps prevent overheating. Coupled with the giant mirror in the sky, and nearly everyone wears eye protection or has bionics.
>>
A community racetrack that goes off a spire to certain death. PE for the kids
>>
>>43594088
>>43594099
>>43594112
Fucking heresy in the Governor System CXVI's glorious hive city. Vote.
>>
>>43594099
>>43594112
Sure fine, remove it, but let's not pretend there aren't Slaaneshi cultists working their influence.
>>
>>43593832
This glass contains some form of energy that can be harvested via technology and used as a power source. The city's police force use weapons that deal damage with energy drawn from shards of this glass.
>>
File: 1390802165235.png (1 MB, 1900x2500) Image search: [Google]
1390802165235.png
1 MB, 1900x2500
>>43594200
>Sure fine, remove it, but let's not pretend there aren't Slaaneshi cultists working their influence.
Exactly, unless you want to remove >>43593695 and >>43593976 ideas as well...

I figured several different Slaaneshi cults would be using the huge Red Light District as a means of infiltrating the Nobility, so why wouldn't one be sapphically oriented?
>>
>>43593678
It's infested with super bed bugs.
>>
Small sections of the neighboring glass giant tend to shatter under the force of interstellar debris, resulting in occasional hails of shining biodegradable crystal floating towards the hive world. While the nobles residing in the lowest sections of the hive are well-protected naturally, the dregs in the spires have to deal with irritating and potentially dangerous "glass storms" on a semi-regular basis.
>>
>>43594264
There's a massive fucking difference between "sex workers exist" to "actual daemons intent on the destruction of everything that is openly staff a brothel in an Imperial city". You absolute gobshite.

Seriously. Just don't be a cunt. It isn't hard.
>>
>>43594264
because some people occasionally get tired of your constant irritating fetishization of every situation and want to mess with you
>>
>>43593722
There is one Hive in the Calixis sector like that.
>>
>>43594302
>actual daemons intent on the destruction of everything that is openly staff a brothel in an Imperial city
Uh, I said the Lesbian Brothel was Slaaneshi, I didn't say it was staffed with Daemonettes...
>>
>>43593678
The districts are all on the inside of giant spheres rolling forever.
>>
>>43594331
My apologies.
>actual cultists intent on the destruction of everything that is openly staff a brothel in an Imperial city
And sooner of later they'll summon daemons anyway. I mean that's literally the point of daemon cults.
>>
>>43594264
Go fuck yourself. I said Slaaneshi Cult. It doesn't actually have to have anything to do with sex at all and the red light district can also be completed unrelated.
Stop trying to co-opt other suggestions into your fetishes. No one wants anything to do with them.
>>
There is a surprisingly large kroot population, living and thriving in the sewers and 'wilds' of the hive.
>>
>>43594332
I don't understand.
How?
>>
>>43594380
>And sooner of later they'll summon daemons anyway. I mean that's literally the point of daemon cults.
Well I figure if it's my Daughters of Peace, they have one running things anyways, but AS a Nice Daemonette, Madam Tender Kisses doesn't want destruction anyways.

Normally, sure, they'd want the destruction of the patriarchy, but it was then pointed out that the Governor is a Robotic Arm.
Now most of their political efforts are focused on determining whether or not System CXVI's signature is Masculine or Feminine.
>>
>>43594468
Nice guys. Can do wonderful things with corpse starch and simple heating.
Food and eating is a big part for kroot after all, so a fair proportion go into street catering. It isn't uncommon to see a food stall manned by a kroot.
>>
>>43594468
The Kroot have evolved to a point where they can survive on the surface for a little while when the light reflecting from the glass planet is scorching the moon's surface
>>
There is currently an ongoing Ordo Hereticus investigation going on, unaware by the hive's population
>>
>>43594500
Fucking really? Keep your garbage fetish OCs to yourself. No one wants your shit in here.
>>
>>43594508
This is done by growing a reflective coating in response to high light levels. Shardlight kroot can make decent livings salvaging during the intense heat of the day. Their coatings on the other hand are sometimes sought after for thst very property by beings who don't really care about the current owners health after it's removal.
>>
The glass planet was previously an agri world that got hit by one of Nurgles plagues, and since the planet was already lost the Inquisition destroyed all ships and glassed the world in order to contain the plague and hopefully keep it from infecting the food that is transported of world
>>
>>43594474
A city inside of a gyroscope, spinning endlessly.
Probably.
>>
>>43593678
The distinctive flora of the hive is the Glass Rose, a remarkably resilient plant that is actually made up of biological crystal wreathed in monomolecular edges, it grows in the strangest and most seemingly hostile of environments. It gains it's nutrition from hyper-efficient photosynthesis done during burn time which is the only time the rose is not sharp as the reaction to feed softens it.

The central stem is quite brittle and falling roses account for many injures and a few deaths each year, surviving being hit with a rose is seen as a sign of good luck and romance in the victim's future. Picking a glass rose without eviscerating one's hand is seen as a great test of skill and more that one flash young noble had been partly shredded trying to impress the objects of their affections. Naturally it is much safer to one's fingers to pick during burn time but it produces soft roses which as seen as tacky and of less worth.

It is said the planets third governor picked a whole bouquet of roses for his wife and used them to dice a would be assassin all one day.
>>
Planetary Governor Servo Arm CXVI wears a little fancy tricorn hat and has a thick gold thread trimmed robe over its base. Nobody is quite sure where they came from but remain unwilling to remove them.
Occasionally requests to change the title to Satellite Governor are submitted but thus far remain unsigned.
>>
The entrance to the hive via a spaceport works like a giant flood gate for the many various docks.
First a big hatch open up in the ground, big enough for a standard imperial cargo ship to land. Then it is held in place by aincent grav locks as the roof closes, after that the floor opens up to reveal the hive's spaceport where the ship guided in to it's place with the help of the grav locks.
This can only be done by paying a fee to the governor and the Admech respectivly.
>>
>>43594088
>>43594099
Vote 2/3 to remove
>>
>>43594088
>>43594099
>>43595000
Third vote to remove.
>>
Love the planetary governor stuff.

The local pdf are supplied with lasguns made locally using the glass from the giant as focus lens this increases the power of the beams as they pass through.

The sale of the lasgun by the local mechanicus magos is a major source of income for the hive world; alongside the creation of lascannons and multilasers which are more compact than the standard pattern due to the glass used in their construction.
>>
>>43595221
The glass makes the laser from the lasgun pure white
>>
>>43595221
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php

Here is something we can use to paint our colours for the pdf
>>
File: PDF_muted.jpg (92 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
PDF_muted.jpg
92 KB, 400x500
>>43595294
Went for a sun-bleached look, could be better but what do we think of the concept?
>>
A huge, gigantic screen overlooking the hive with an eye thats constantly looking around and huge words that say 'big emperor is watching you.".
>>
>>43593678
You forgot Sigmarine Stormhosts.
>>
>>43595294
Mmmm wondering what colours to use...
>>
>>43595466
The armor could be a bit brighter bronze?
>>
What is the name of the Hive city?
>>
>>43596198
Doesn't have one yet; what are you thinking?
>>
>>43596320
I was thinking of giving it or Perhaps the moon a name that makes people want to come here. But in reality the place is a shithole. So Perhaps something in the line of: Evergreen, Wonderus-IV, Haven Sphere, etc.
>>
>>43596396
The Greenland mentality hahahaha I like this idea
>>
>>43593974
Looting is only fun when you fight for it so the orks wouldn't do that

>but let's find a way to say yes

Orks have gone to the surface to loot in increasing numbers over the years. Their landing site is on the other side of the planet from normal imperium activity so conflict has been very minor. More concerning is how these ork war bands never leave once they have landed, and instead have been seen entering glass caves and canyons on the surface. Of particular note was when a WAAAAAGH! diverted their campaign to head to the planet, threatening the precious glass industry. When contact was made the ORKS seemed dazed, confused, but abnormally excited to arrive like moths to a flame. No reason was able to be discovered. Because of the passive nature of the orks a recon mission was able to safely enter ork lands but upon entering the caves all contact was lost.
>>
>>43596320
Nova paradiso?
Nova always sounds cool.
>>
>>43597220
Sounds good to me, how many spires should the moon have?
>>
>>43597531
Idk man.
Maybe have it as some sort of spiritual or religous meaning.
>>
There is a Carnival of Chaos hidden deep within the city
>>
File: FearSpessCluwne.png (627 KB, 1280x926) Image search: [Google]
FearSpessCluwne.png
627 KB, 1280x926
>>43597681
Which gods?... Honk'sie?
>>
>>43593678
A single space marine who has been lost in the hive for four hundred years.
>>
a 'safe space' on every block, replete with play-doh, soothing music, cookies, and other infantile garbage for sensitive xirs when they have been triggered.

the catch is that the only door into and out of the room leads not outside, but to an impossibly large construct of constantly shifting identical rooms filled with lethal traps contained in the heart of the hive.
>>
>>43598498
This is why I fucking left the servers.
>>
File: ClownChick.png (62 KB, 443x750) Image search: [Google]
ClownChick.png
62 KB, 443x750
>>43598498
>Keeper of Secrets embodying Slaanesh' over the top and twisted sense of humor lives deep under the Hive's oldest catacombs

Honk to Praise the Honk Mother!
HONK! HONK!
>>
>>43597681
Vote against 1/3
>>
>>43598958
Counter Vote Againts.
>>
>>43599035
counter-counter vote against.
>>
File: GokuvsTrunks.gif (999 KB, 245x165) Image search: [Google]
GokuvsTrunks.gif
999 KB, 245x165
>>43599083
Counter counter counter vote againts
>>
File: 1442009670635.png (604 KB, 967x1191) Image search: [Google]
1442009670635.png
604 KB, 967x1191
>>43598946
>Honk to Praise the Honk Mother!
>HONK! HONK!
HONK!!!
>>
>>43599205
more please
>>
>>43598958
seconded 2/3
>>
>>43596927
I can dig it anon
>>
>>43598946
This is lewd
>>
>>43597681
Third vote to remove.

> Servo Arm CXVI has a small printer on its base that will print a list of all documents signed every decade.
>>
>>43599263
Don't encourage it
>>
>>43593678
There is a single spire, about halfway down the hive on the north east octant, that has no inhabitants. Rather, it is a single, giant terrarium housing an enormous tree. There is no other life in the terrarium besides the tree.
>>
A minor Sisters of Battle order maintains a small prayer house for older sisters that actually manage to survive until old age or otherwise too wounded for combat to spend time in prayer and reflection. With nought but light and blasted skies to distract the mind, there's a certain peace the desert landscape offers.
Recruitment is a highly contested honor among the Hive's women when the Order calls for applicants.
>>
Due to the lack of fossil fuels encountered on the system most of the vehicles are electric in nature. The entire Hive is plagued by rail systems that cross its levels and spires in all directions, the most rich hivers can afford to build roller coaster like structures to turn their journeys into some exciting yet safe experiences. The underhives have such unsafe and shaky railways that they are as exciting as the ones in the high levels, but extremely dangerous in comparison.
>>
>>43598946
God dammit Tam. I didn't think it was possible for me to ever be attracted to a clown but there it is.
>>
There is an Eldar prophecy of something really, really bad and terrible in store to happen to the system. Craftworlds are never nearby, and are annoyingly stubborn on mentioning WHAT the bad thing is or how it might be stopped or the damage mitigated.
So y'know. Average Eldar shit. The citizenry bring it up in small talk as everyone has their own personal opinion on what the bad thing might be. One betting house has a pool open. Most people think orks, with heretic cultist attacks being a close second.

>>43607200
[Honks seductively]
>>
>>43598825
What servers?
>>
Arturo Marriman stutters, "H-h-elp cl-l-lo-wn k-k-killin me in-URGH"
>>
>>43598795
Vote against 1/3
>>
>>43593678
One of only 3 cities across the planet, no other sentient life is found.
>>
>>43608391
Seconded.

>>43608456
A plant-like animal collective, rather like coral, exists in areas that receive enough shade to remain relatively cool. It doesn't taste that great, but is farmed to help bulk out meals. Agri-world visitors and immigrants claim it tastes vaguely like rice.
>>
>>43608391
Thirded
>>
>>43608456
There is a fourth hive city, but it appears to be completely uninhabited. So far, no explorers into the city have returned, but some have been found in the wasteland surrounding the city, mad to the point of incomprehensibility.
Upon receiving anything related to the city, the governor prints out a seemingly random verse from the Imperial Creed.
>>
The Adeptus Arbites are an extreamly small token force that is experienced, but otherwise under equipped. They make do by employing Gangers that operate like mafia hitmen, enforcing the Lex imperialis as long as it's good for buisness.

The Cheif Arbitrator is 90 years old but still in great shape due to gene therapy. He lost his eye to the Orcs while he served as a Guardman during the Third war for Armageddon before retiring to the Arbites.
>>
>>43598958
Agreed fuck this fetish
>>
>>43593678
So, /tg/ makes a hive city then /k/ bombs it with virus bombs setting off the chan heresy.

Before long half the boards are fighting other boards and moot is trapped within the admin section holding up as /g/ sieges it.
>>
>>43594088
REMOVE HERESY

(also ignore all daemonette posts)
>>
There is a abandoned hydrophonics complex, still powered by ancient generators. It was lost after an earthquake a long time ago.
Its basically a subterran Forest, contains some mutated farming animals and other..things.

The Hive-gangs pays good money to everyone that dares to enter the ancient labyrinth of weeds and weird looking trees, since you can find fresh fruits,vegetables and clean water under the artificial sun...
>>
The planet was trapped by a Warp storm for a while a century ago relative time. Nothing major, just no off planet traffic. Some starvation of non-Nobles and a couple gangs came and went. Lotta corpse starch. Things have by and large recovered.
Due to the Warp' effects and the Administratum being what it is however, people are unsure exactly what year it is.
>>
The glass giant this hive world orbits once sheltered a Necron tomb, which was somehow destroyed by the effects of the Exterminatus. The only functional devices left from this tomb world are a trio of warp-nullifying pylons.
>>
Right in the middle of the city there is large man who asks why you don't like him
>>
>>43614197
There are some necron being revives throughout the glass giant; this is the source of violence which draws the orks to the planet; and which has caused them to not leave the planet for the moon. As why would the need to leave as groups of necron warriors constantly are reviving from the energy imparted by the glass.
>>
>>43615688
But then why are the orks seemingly dazed or confused/excited when they arrive. Is it Necron tech?
>>
>>43593678
A highly advanced, massive water and air distribution, reclamation and distribution facility that could service three hives, as well as lost documents in its archive on proper air and water tubes procedures for a civil engineer, and a STC printout, of the facility framed in gold.

It is situated right in the upper center of the unnderhive and disconnected from everything, for you see it is in mint condition and ready to be connected, but it never was for right when the facility was scheduled for its grand inauguration Mankind fell, and thus it remained sealed since then.

If put in function it would clear any kind of pollution or impurities in the entire hive in less than 15 hours and its modular software approach could even path tubes for air and water distribution and reclamation with ease for optimal coverage throughout the hive, if only one were to religiously help in the application of said subsystem.
>>
>>43616617
I would guess that was the make sense.

Could be trying to issue them orders; but only half successful; leading to them being dazed and confused?

Do to the orks belief = tech allows them to be affected??
>>
>>43620043
Personally I was hoping that there was a massive ork party in the middle of the planet's crust where the orks treated the glass ceiling as a planetary disco ball.
So, somewhere between rave and tavern brawl, and across multiple continents.
>>
500 foot tall statue of the emperor made out of solide gold that shoots fire out of its mouth and lasers out of its eyes.
Plays music out of some big stereos in its arse, absolutely fat bass.
>>
>>43620257
Vote for..
no this is way to good to get deleted.
>>
>>43620257
Maybe not the butt speakers.
But I do like the idea of a mini-titan Emperor that defends the city.
>>
>>43620352
What about the dirty drop tho
>>
File: remember me!.gif (498 KB, 317x238) Image search: [Google]
remember me!.gif
498 KB, 317x238
>>43620257
>>
Besides the Kroot living and working in the underhive a few other minor xeno races have been found in the deep dark of the hive.
>>
>>43620257
it's located so that it's the first thing the sun's rays shine upon in the morning

should it be where the magos are centered?
>>
>>43620431
This has caused some... Instability with the relatively speaking "local" Sister's Order. Local in that they're nowhere near the Hive's proper but in context of space, being on the same planet is like physically overlapping.
Occasional examples are made of with public executions, and once in a great while a purge of the lower class peak districts.

Mostly though so long they stay among the downtrodden and don't offend any noble sensibilities with being visible or existing nearby they're tolerated in the bazaars and slums.
Local law enforcement secretly rather likes that the kroot districts are largely self policing. Okay sometimes one winds up murderd and falling down into the noble district but hey, dead xenos aren't a bad thing.
>>
The hive has a series of enclosed biospheres, with much of the food for the hive provided by these. Vertical farming is a must.
>>
>>43620453
Yeh. It also has rocket boots.
It also plays hand of doom by man of war everyday at noon.
Coz its so fucking metal.
>>
The main mode of travel is horses
>>
>>43620597
Vote to remove 1/3.
>>
A lone servitor walks up and down a hallway in the underhive, no one knows why but any attempts to kill it or remove it has resulted in death
>>
>>43620597
remove 2/3
>>
>>43620597
Sorry lil' nigga. I like horses but they just don't work for sun-bleached glass-storm planets.
Third vote to remove, motion carried.

Counter-input; a hexapedal reptilian xeno species originally from supermassive planet are used as mounts and transportation between hive cities due to them retaining much of their strength on what's for them a low-grav moon. Thick scaled hides help resit the occasional glass speck but not a true glass storm.
High energy with the heat, they're actually given coldroom stables as opposed to heat lamps during the day.
>>
>>43620764
The Servitor does not appear to be doing the killing. No blood or signs of combat are ever Seen on it. But then, neither are any mysterious protectors.
>>
The city has a very serious spider infestation.
>>
>>43620833
I like this, I like this a lot
>>
the most effay of the gangs is the genestealer cult

who secretly run all the high end clothing stores/boutiques that open briefly before closing down and moving to a different part of the hive.
>>
>>43620840
The servitors name is wacky macky ' dont touch me or youll get a smacky' mclacky
>>
>>43620858
The second biggest cult after the genestealer cult is a Nurgle cult that tries to bring back the plague that forced the Inquisition to glass the former agri world that this moon orbits around
>>
>>43620866
That's what's branded on it's chest anyway. General consensus is that isn't it's real designation, but no techpriest's willing to interface with it. They know better than anyone that if a dangerous piece of tech is willing to not kill you, you don't give it a reason to change it's mind.
>>
Instead of fighting eachother in the more richer parts of the hive, people have Yodel duels, and the winner get's all of the agreed terms both people made before dueling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU
>>
Technically, the Squats are the original inhabitants of the system. Farming the supermassive agri-world planet. Standard humans need some form of powered exosuit to walk around there.
Standard humans colonised the moons soon after the system was reintegrated into the Imperium and profited from the fuckoff amounts of food available. The plague and subsequent destruction of the planet's surface forced all the Squats on the planet to evacuate to the nearby human colonies. A couple families have moved back to work in the new glass and mineral mines, but many still live in the Hive. The hydroponics have a considerable squat workforce from the old farming families.
>>
>>43620895
How does one "win" a yodel?

The idea of singing Imperial hymns and cants to gain prestige, honor or settle disputes is cool though. Just not sure about yodelling or how you'd judge it.
>>
>>43620761
>>43620774
>>43620833
function show_alert value="Show User" eval("x=10;y=20;document.write(x*y)");
>>
File: 1444084404048.jpg (49 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
1444084404048.jpg
49 KB, 682x682
>>43620924
Out yodel that mofucker.
He then kills himself out of shame.
>>
>>43620947
But.. How? Volume? Length? Sticking closer to an approved version?
>>
>>43620954
YODELYODELYODELFYCKINDEEDOO!!!
just basically mug the cheeky cunt off.
>>
>>43620978
Fuck it, vote to remove due to it not making any sense.
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (89 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
89 KB, 488x516
>>43620980
>>
>>43620980
Just becuase you cant yodel baka senpai
>>
>>43620992
Justify that shit. Does it fit the tone of the setting and previous posts?

Theres a reason that clown cult got voted off too. Otherwise you might as well submit that there's a weekly Elvis impersonator contest and everyone wears shoes that look like stacks of pancakes.
Time and a place.
>>
File: salty.jpg (68 KB, 600x417) Image search: [Google]
salty.jpg
68 KB, 600x417
>>43621025
>>
The moons of the system produce arguably the best damned recaf outside Sol. More than a few fleets have mad a slight diversion to acquire some, and there's at least one Rogue Trader who made a fortune in trading it. One of her several fortunes, because Rogue Trader. But still.
>>
File: 1372561170264.jpg (60 KB, 764x1000) Image search: [Google]
1372561170264.jpg
60 KB, 764x1000
>>43621069
The traders name was merrydith winklevauss the 15th, esquire PhD.
>>
>>43621088
So... Average Rogue Trader then.

What's the Ph.D in? Or is part of her name?
>>
>>43621118
PhD in being an absolute badass
>>
File: 1435376890419.jpg (15 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1435376890419.jpg
15 KB, 500x375
>>43621133
...are you, quite possibly, 15? I feel like I'm in trade chat.
Seriously, im trying to give you every possible worldbuilding hook i can and what I'm getting is "PhD in badassness" and "yodelling their face off". Fucking work with me here.

Maybe you win at chant-battles by countering various hymns and chants with other pieces of the Imperial faith to try to insult the other. Winner can't respond in time?
The Trader might be very well educated in xenobiology, and have many xeno crew which causes friction with the Inquisition and the like.

Don't give me this tripe and expect me to be pleased and insulting me for not being satisfied. Step up, nigga. World building game weak af.
>>
>>43621025
honestly I feel OP is just cherry picking things he would find suitable to create a hive world.

some people where here when they created the angry marines.

can anyone with a pass or mod confirm >>43620761
>>43620774
>>43620833
are samefag . I believe they are since they are exactly 30s each apart
>>
>>43621200
Can't prove it, but I was the third post/lizardhorse guy. So at least two people.
>>
File: u wot m8.png (12 KB, 616x188) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.png
12 KB, 616x188
>>43621200
>>
File: Abaddon_the_Despoiler3.jpg (83 KB, 410x883) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon_the_Despoiler3.jpg
83 KB, 410x883
Abby's sending some boys to smash the planet because something about a prophecy and rocks being his downfall.
>>
There's a giant archemedies mirror atop every Hive spire. It helps to regulate temperature, and in theory burns fuckers away by aiming the redirected light at shit you don't like. Has yet to be tested though, it's protected by a void shield but is mechanically rather fragile.
>>
File: Galo Sengen 4.gif (397 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Galo Sengen 4.gif
397 KB, 360x240
Due to the refracted rays from the glass giant, everyone wears shades, even indoors. It's a cultural norm.

Also, standard method of execution is by sending the damned outside just before dawn to be incinerated.
>>
>>43621446
The awsomeness of your shades has a direct link to your social standing.
>>
File: Why_Boner_2.png (34 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
Why_Boner_2.png
34 KB, 298x279
>>43621181
She fuckin made a whole new course and degree cos she a badass.
People have been known to yodel their faces off, they are regarded as the emperors finest.
>>
>>43621556
It isn't unknown for younger brash nobles to have servitors carry their enormous shades for them.
The older house heads usually just have bionic eyes and get on with things.
>>
>>43621644
Some of the richest hivers are known to have more eyes grafted onto their heads so they can wear more shades.
>>
>>43621446
>>43621644
>>43621685
A side effect of this is the planet's export of excellent quality protective eyegear- primarily against photon flash grenades and similar effects.
>>
>>A minor manufactory makes a part that's supposedly for voidships, however it is wholly incompatible with every Imperial vessel. A servitor-controlled transporter takes the component and takes it off to an unknown location.
The workers are completely in the dark in this, and investigators who notice and pursue the components after leaving the factory are never seen again.
Or they are seen, in pieces scattered across the Hive.
>>
>>43593678

Huge bonfires are lit at the top of the hive spires. It's traditionally where the populace throws its dead and gives the Hives an eerie glow that can be seen for many miles. It's believed by some of the Kroot shapers living within the Hive spires that if the fires ceased to be lit than the sun would reach out its grasp to destroy the moon to make up for the lost light. (analogous to the suns life cycle as a Red Giant)
>>
A fallen Imperitor titan lies outside the hive walls, the wreckage from when it defended the Hive single-handedly from two Orc Gargants, stalling them long enough to allow the hive launch a counter attack. The wreckage now acts as a museum and is considered a national treasure, and conflict with the Adeptus Mechanicus has erupted over the rights of Techpriests to salvage the wreckage in order to find and recycle key parts.
>>
Ork raids remain a pressing threat, though no longer to the degree they were shortly after the Glassing.
One notable warband makes regular 'raids' to loot recaf to the point where a sizable amount is put in a poorly defended warehouse shortly before they're due to attack to attempt to avoid collateral damage. It never works, as they appear to choose to land at the point where the greatest resistance lies between them and the largest recaf warehouse. Often the pdf headquarters or the Sister's prayer house. It's regarded as somewhere between live fire training and tradition by now.
The warband in question's leader appears obsessed with collecting mugs of all things.
>>
>>43593678
It's divided into Four main districts, the Sky district, the Cloud district, the Plain district and the Underworld
>>
>>43627563
One annoying asshole hobo keeps wandering around the Sky district saying "Do you get to the Cloud district very often- oh what am I saying, of course you don't."

Seriously, fuck that guy.
>>
>>43593695
1/3 remove
>>
>>43593720
That was one hell of a typo, looking at what's been made because of it.
>>
>>43627611
His name is notnazir.
>>
>>43594332
YOU AGAIN!
>>
Most native folks are black, exception being off-worlders. The albino Spire-Squats are pretty weird, they're basically nocturnal. Not a bad thing, as they often take night shifts on industry that needs to work throughout the night, and hydroponics are indoors anyway.
>>
A large region of the lower hive has been recently captured by a highly organised gang of scavvies. Only their repeated proclamations of support to the Emperor and an upswing in tribute towards hive management has prevented the Arbites cracking down on them.
>>
No pakis allowed
>>
>>43629722
1/3 to remove

Counter Point almost all natives are albino their pigments destroyed due to the intensity of the sun shining through the glass giant
>>
>>43631619
R u a racist?
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.