[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS13: Stop posting this picture - Edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 37
File: 1421370024355.jpg (175 KB, 360x719) Image search: [Google]
1421370024355.jpg
175 KB, 360x719
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
or
byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP above. Click "Ok".

Welcome to d20Station, a rule light, low moderation server filled with custom content.

>ADMINS WHERE IS D20 WIKI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING!
wiki located at
>http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Currently sorely in need of content.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13
A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.
Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

>Hey /tg/ station I...
We are a separate entity from /tg/ station, we just host our threads on /tg/ as the server was made by fa/tg/uys for elegan/tg/entlemen.

We occasionally run Dorfstation mode, a roundtype where the crew must build up from a bare-bones station. Dorf will be run less often then usual, probably on the first and/or last of every month now. Dorf is ran on a separate server, found at byond://76.16.8.127:28020

>How is this station different from [station]?
Join the server and read the rules and changelog (located at the top right of the game window). The changelog has been cleaned up to show changes starting from the base code of the /nt/ branch.

Code branch from NT (also named d20Station) is updated a few times every week with fixes and new content.

If you have a bug, contact an admin in-game or on the thread to report it.

Note: This is NOT SS13 general.
>>
File: 00556.gif (220 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
00556.gif
220 KB, 650x450
Honk.
My car is better than yours.
>>
still can't connect from yurop.
>>
is the server still down?
>>
Comcast managed to blow away the static IP bindings. Fixed.
>>
File: space-clown.jpg (42 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
space-clown.jpg
42 KB, 375x281
>>43590846
Thanks
>>
File: baystation_drinking_game.png (506 KB, 716x718) Image search: [Google]
baystation_drinking_game.png
506 KB, 716x718
>R&D is only ever never touched or the most populated department, staffed exclusively by young women and Russian dudes
I should start playing an older male scientist to offset this.
>>
>>43591118
>BS12
>>
>>43591468
it's accurate

thats how bad their special snowflake characters have always been

I've had the pleasure of griefing nearly every character shown in that image
>>
>>43591601
B-but,why would any elegan/tg/entleman set foot upon those HORRID lands?
I was just scrolling up their code and i had the urge to puke.
>>
>>43591118
I exclusively played a 60 year old black man RD for a month, a year back.
A lot of would-be roboticists died.
>>
>>43591912
For the aspect of roleplay.
Most accounts of the server you'll hear from people who've gotten banned, but some people tried it for the roleplay (I did.).
Joined in as doc, whole round we spent talking in medbay since everything went according to plan, like the only things that happened was that someone passed out (manually) because he couldn't stand being around girls. Well, that and a ling, but I saw it sucking out a dying person in the back of surgery (everyone had suit sensors to tracking so I saw him quickly dying) them a mediborg bolted the doors shut and they got captured by the literal army of sec borgs. And then nothing happened until the end of the round.
From a playing aspect, if you're trying to be serious and aren't an antag, it's just boring, and if you are an antag, you're severely limited, both in what you can know and what you can do since everything's limited.
Some of it's fine, like airlocks actually being real airlocks instead of just two doors, uhh probably some other things that I can't remember) and then it has stupid things. Like it's air system.
>>
>>43591118
I see the most Russians outside of science, but you're definitely right about the women part. They come on the server, I just step aside. Go to the bar to drink. No point in getting in the way.
>>
>>43592470
You had better be getting smash drunk with Cade in that bar.
>>
Haven't played in ages, just downloaded byond again.

If you see someone messing around with objects, hitting himself and just being an all-around complete newbie please no bully.
>>
File: hell yeah motherfucker.jpg (42 KB, 327x464) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah motherfucker.jpg
42 KB, 327x464
>>43592517
Irish Car Bombs
>>
>>43592660
you will be bullied into a hardened and robust motherfucker
>>
Y'all niggas ain't half as robust as me
>>
File: Escape Alone.png (4 MB, 1280x1980) Image search: [Google]
Escape Alone.png
4 MB, 1280x1980
>>43592868
I'll allow it.
>>
File: Space Cleaner Can't Fix This.png (243 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Space Cleaner Can't Fix This.png
243 KB, 1600x1200
>>43592768
I approve.
>>
>>43592414
>Some of it's fine, like airlocks actually being real airlocks instead of just two doors, uhh probably some other things that I can't remember) and then it has stupid things. Like it's air system.
How does that work? The real air locks and the air system?
>>
File: ItJustWorks.jpg (307 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
ItJustWorks.jpg
307 KB, 1200x1600
>>43593263
>>
>>43593263
Air works similarly but knockdown causes damage significantly and so you can't open both doors without massive damage.

So all airlocks act like toxins firelocks requiring air vented before the external ones open.
>>
>>43593263
The airlocks are annoying to some, but they do their job well.
Essentially it's the toxin's burn chamber access, but functional. You use a small console thing to say which side you want to, then it'll syphon or add air, with both doors bolted, then open the one side, leaving the other bolted shut.
It's fairly quick if it's just a standard 3x1 airlock but I know of a lot of players that just said "fuck that" and bolted both doors open because they couldn't wait ten seconds.
Next part is from memory so it might not be accurate.
The air tended to act much more quickly then it does here, and would equalize, meaning that if there was a breach, air would rush out. If there were extra pressure, it'd throw people and things around like crazy, to the point that if you fell down, you weren't getting back up, you just had to sit there and wait to die slowly and painfully as you were slammed into the same wall over and over.
This is why full tile firelocks were such a bad idea, as the extra pressure or gasses would rush out.
Beepsky could kill. Not directly, but because someone made it so that if there was a firelock closed in his route, he'd open it but leave it opened.
>>
>>43593470
*They were a bad idea since you couldn't see what was on othe other side, and if it was bad, then the extra pressure or gasses would rush out, so being able to see what was on the other side was important, that is.
>>
Discovery of the day: This game has Mimic Chest. and they're violent.
>>
>>43593497
Gotcha.

Also had an idea for 'magnetized plates'. They'd be floor tiles that if you were in an EVA suit and standing on, would prevent you from falling over when, for example, the mining shuttle took off. Not sure what else they might be usable for, if that's all they'd be good for then probably best not to include I guess.
>>
>>43594014
just wear magboots man

thats just a bad idea
>>
>BS12 air system

Nothing more fun than ending up in space because you walked into a room just as someone finished bashing through the external window.
>>
>>43594209
>b-b-but it's realism gais
>one pressure atmos would totally suck you out into deep space in a howling hole like that crab under hundreds of atmos of pressure into a pipe!!!
>>
>>43595075
Their idea of 'realism' is warped beyond belief in general.
>>
File: chainsaws.png (20 KB, 359x221) Image search: [Google]
chainsaws.png
20 KB, 359x221
Not even metagrudge,spears,banana,lizard,tators,a salty greytide can stop a psychopath with a chainsaw!
Tee-hee!
>>
>>43595503
>wanted to use a bomb to kill us all
>You do it one second earlier

Goddamn.
>>
>>43595503
>salty greytide
Was that me, Chip Something by chance?
I wasn't salty at all.
>>
>>43595562
You were not the only one who tried to murder me that round.
So no,it wasn't you.
>>
>>43595664
Neat, also I didn't try to murder you.
I tried to stop you from killing Murphy,
and tried to stop you from killing me.
The crew ended up getting me though.
Sorry Maribelle.
>>
>>43595690
If you were more observant,you could've noticed i never had the actual intention to KILL you,but i did wanted to neutralize you since you kindly returned my beloved chainsaw.
Shouting in caps and all the other shit was just part of a silly gimmick i planned in mid round when an admin offered me that FITTING mask.
I don't even know why am i still not banned since i killed half of the crew as non antag,even if most of them had malicious intents and/or being shitters.
It's suprising how far you can get with a chainsaw,two tasers,and a silenced handgun.
I still hope there are still no hard feeling with anyone i killed.
>>
>>43595741
I dunno, shouting "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" sounds like lethal intent to me.
At any rate, thanks for the fun round.
I enjoyed running from the murderous crew.
>>
>>43593149
For a second I thought the code read "//git gud"
>>
File: 1440249922166.gif (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1440249922166.gif
71 KB, 250x250
>>43595777
>Shouting in caps and all the other shit was just part of a silly gimmick i planned in mid round
>Shouting in caps and all the other shit
People don't tend to speak clearly about their intentions occasionally you know.
Especially a character what i played.
You have no idea how many people i spared that round by not killing them.
I could've just said i won't kill you then shoot you in the back like certain others did.
But what would that be in the fun?
If someone was nice to me in that round,i was too.
You get the idea.
>>
File: ceaser salad.jpg (92 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ceaser salad.jpg
92 KB, 960x720
>>43595852
>People don't tend to speak clearly about their intentions occasionally you know.

That makes sense. But logic also dictates that people will treat a character that shouts "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" like they're going to try and kill them.

And what did my character do to deserve death? I was the assistant that broke through the wall into cargo, right? Sure, that's illegal. But she sees a chainsaw-wielding person slashing a body on the other end, she runs away. Runs back to the game room when she sees the chainsaw lady coming after her, has a shouting match with the scary chainsaw person, a blue guy randomly breaks the table she's hiding behind so she runs away. You know, don't fuck with guys who can break tables. Eventually the blue guy finds her and starts running her down, she goes to cargo hoping to get a hardsuit to protect herself with, maybe even escape into space if need be. No intention of fighting a guy who can smash a table. And if it weren't for some pretty stupid slips on my part, and the fact that she was slipped to death, she would have just kept trying to run away.

I mean, despite my long rant, I'm not salty. I had fun. I got to see a guy get put in the electric chair. I wasn't blamed for anything, or gibbed. I had a chance to get away, and it was kind of fun to be chased after. All in all, good round. But I didn't really do anything to deserve it, particularly from the blue guy.
>>
soo if you put a human brain inside a goliath the goliath can talk and can act like a human but if you put a goliath brain inside a human will it try to tentacle people IFYOUKNOWWHATIMEAN
>>
>>43598001
Do we have support for simple mod brain transplants into humans? If so I expect nothing but screams from the newly humanified carp.
>>
File: 1421717425587.jpg (19 KB, 254x246) Image search: [Google]
1421717425587.jpg
19 KB, 254x246
>lee sends me a PDA message about some nerd in janitorial drinking bleach
>it's lee
>tell him to stand down
>he runs
>shoot blindly into crowds while shouting obscure police codes from a website on my second monitor
>crowd of literally 6 people are chasing lee and shit while I just blindly waste resources on him
>finally down him
>everyone crowds around him
>I keep hitting him with a baton
>"SUBJECT IS RESISTING"
>keep hitting him until i'm out
>"SUBJECT HAS A GUN"
>throw empty NT10SP on him
>"OFFICER DOWN I AM 11-99"
>stun myself with baton intentionally
>lee gets up and just starts stunning everyone and running
>lee goes down again
>"THROWING EXTRACTOR"
>prime flashbang, toss it on his prone body while six people gather around him
>"EXTRACTOR IS LIVE"
>stuns pretty much everyone
>take him to the brig
>he has nothing but a jumpsuit on him
>let him go without incident
>crew still confused as to why they were chasing him or what he did
>>
>>43598611
>be me lone lee invincible main character with plot armor thicker than the length of a t-72
>start dowing bleach because the fucking doctor wouldn't put my brain inside a carrot
>report myself to the police
>goodcurity arrives to see me down like three glasses
>aim a paint gun at him and threaten him
>jump through a wall and start running
>crazy niggas chasing me down
>plot armor lasts for a comically long time
>i get knocked down
>but i get up again
>finnaly get arrested
>get a shitty sentence of being let go completely scott free
>fill a toolbox with pieces of paper named after tools
>attempt to break into sec
>lean down and lick the grille to see if its electric
>it is
>get saved by chaplain
>goodcurity tucks me in and i lay down
>black version of me runs into the room and demands to know what i did
>cackle like a madman and fade through reality
feels good
>>
>>43599126
>fill a toolbox with pieces of paper named after tools
goddamnit lee how do you make these things up
>>
>>43599177
i am a firm believer that you have to make your own fun in order to have any
>>
>>43599207
what if I don't know how to have fun
>>
>>43599226
its never too late to learn
>>
>>43598001
goliath can not move or attack or nothin once you have become goliath. also if you remove the brain again it gets PISSED comes back to life and attacks
>>
tfw my shitty internet leads to three tators getting redtext somehow
y-you too
>>
we need a poo command
>>
File: King of Kings.jpg (51 KB, 300x495) Image search: [Google]
King of Kings.jpg
51 KB, 300x495
>>43600858
No, we do not.
>>
How about a pillow item so that we can have epic pillowfights in our pillowforts? They'd just deal stamina damage, very minimal stamina damage.
>>
>>43600858
POO IN LOO
>>
>>43599177
>>43599207
Thanks Lee, you inspired me to rename all the animals to weapon names.
>the speargun nibbles at the spear
>>
File: trap_card.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
trap_card.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
>I've found out how to use var-edit to modify toy facehuggers to have different sprites and be unremovable
>>
>>43602897
oh and
>The stun baton lets out a faint chimper as it collapses and stops moving...
>The shotgun hisses at the energy crossbow!
>The flare gun yaps for more.
>The energy crossbow begins clucking raucously.
>>
>>43602897
>tfw shit my pants when i saw a bunch of tator weapon names
>rage a little bitch when i see [oh shit tator gun]___chimpers
>>43602924
what did the mask say to ella i want to know
>>
>>43592414
>passed out (manually) because he couldn't stand being around girls
jesus Christ how horrifying.
>>
>>43594060
Just fix the airlock in the mining storage
>>
File: 1439578496228.jpg (117 KB, 750x809) Image search: [Google]
1439578496228.jpg
117 KB, 750x809
>>43591118
>mocking space'nam vets.

What are you, a filthy space communist?
>>
File: y4qTbOM.jpg (190 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
y4qTbOM.jpg
190 KB, 1268x1695
>adminwho
>current admins
>none

time to meme
>>
>>43604269
It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't such a common cliche. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't need to be a common cliche just to try and justify being willing to do combat at all. It wouldn't be so bad if they actually had any competence under fire, instead of just insisting they do in the AR PE. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't all drone on about their military experience like a self-aggrandizing veteran pogue.

Though this is all far less annoying than the constant self-imposed arbitrary disabilities.
Where and why does NT find such fragile people to staff a space station?
>>
File: ALERT.gif (367 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ALERT.gif
367 KB, 320x240
>>43604474
>>
File: 1445021328767.jpg (3 MB, 4013x2866) Image search: [Google]
1445021328767.jpg
3 MB, 4013x2866
>>43604474
go on and try
>>
>>43604535
> It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't need to be a common cliche just to try and justify being willing to do combat at all
this is the heart of the problem here fuck there you should run screaming from every problem attitude.
>>
>>43604606
Yeah after getting cloned the 500th time the space Janitor just isn't afraid of death anymore.
>>
>>43605453
You're supposed to be ignorant of the fact that you died when cloned, and will have your behavior adjusted if you are not traumatized if exposed to the cloning process or your own corpse.
>>
>>43605881
That's stupid if I was getting my face bashed in and then was cloned pretty sure I would remember who bashed my face in.
>>
>>43606003
>He came at me, and we fought and- and everything went black.
>Then I woke up here.
>Am I alright, doc?
Stick to the script.
>>
>>43605881
Are you kidding? They actually expect people to treat the mere existence of cloning technology as secret?
>>
>>43606076
Not a secret, per se, but something that causes " Clone Memory Disorder"
Behold: http://wiki.baystation12.net/Cloning
>>
>>43605881
>>43606036

On this skeleton server EVERYONE used the cloning machine at least once to clone other people.

its no secret and the rules don't say anything about it.

this isn't fucking gaystation.

>>43606136
I FUCKING KNEW IT
>>
>>43606142
We're obviously discussing baystation you idiot.
>>
File: clown-blast-hd-widescreen-.jpg (441 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
clown-blast-hd-widescreen-.jpg
441 KB, 2560x1600
>>43606136
>>43606159
WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING THIS SHIT SERVER HERE?

GO BACK TO BAY YOU SHITS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43606177
Autismanon, please. It was a natural evolution of the conversation. You can't even hide behind autism as an excuse, either, because the whole conversation is right here in front of you in plain script.

It's all because Emiko posted a comic about how shit bay is.
>>
>>43606192
He doesn't need to hide behind autism, he has anonymity.
>>
File: 1428480589659.gif (994 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1428480589659.gif
994 KB, 400x300
>>43606192
Bay is shit ,there isn't much to discuss.
>>
>>43606192
I just woke up and saw people talking about bay-rules and it made me angry.

sorry.

t: Autismanon
>>
>>43606218
>bay is shit
Say that to my fucking face cunt. It's several times better than this ghost town pile of shit that was coded by apes you call a server
>>
File: 1444618786335.gif (835 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1444618786335.gif
835 KB, 480x270
>>43606427
It is not mandatory to be here.
A detailed reason how why is bay better would be much appreciated.
>>
>>43606479
>HalloweenUpdate.gif
>>
If I've never played SS13 before but am relatively comfortable with vidya and D&D, how long will it take me to get the hang of it and be able to play something other than a bartender? I just don't want to be that guy that ruins the game for everyone.
>>
>>43606507
Depends on how willing you are to read the wiki for 30 minutes before jumping into a game.
>>
>>43606527
this.

the game can be endless fun. but you have to put some effort in it to learn about it.
>>
>>43606507
A very long time, there's a ton of shit, little details mostly, not clarified on the guides available, but fucking up and getting people angry will make you realize the do's and don'ts of you chosen sector.
>>
>>43606507
5 minutes. No one follows the rules anyway.

>all le ebin "omg" moments are just people behaving 90% of the game and then breaking the rules and justifying it with some bullshit
>>
>>43606549
I'd say google "ss13 starer guide" read the first link.
Then jump into any game as any (non-head) role with its guide open. If you do both these things you can be a contributing member of the crew within an hour.
Of course you'll get murdered within seconds if anyone set their sights on you. You learn to fight as you go.
>>43606507
If you fuck up you're not making anyone mad, you're not ruining a round, you're learning. Everyone respects someone trying to learn the game. Even if you die you can still chat with dead people and try to make sense of everything.
>>
>>43606607
Starer guide?
>>
>>43606619
starter
>>
>>43606607
>Even if you die you can still chat with dead people and try to make sense of everything

Unless an admin bitches at you for talking about ongoing events due to "spoilers"
If you can't handle that shit disable dead chat
>>
>>43606658
I don't know where you've been playing but the only place we want you to keep in game shit out of is OOC

you can say pretty much whatever the fuck you want in dead chat and we won't care, OOC is what you shouldn't use
>>
>>43604269
>>43604535
From what I've seen, it's more of an excuse to know how to properly defend yourself. Yes, it's more realistic if the old and fragile librarian didn't suddenly know martial arts and have no qualms about killing the second he got attacked, but it's also no fun to die to stupid obvious shit from a ling who's just lining maint with bodies, walking around without shoes on to taunt his victims.
>>43604474
There's two separate logs that record attacks and then everything else you know.
>>43606658
Don't talk about the ongoing round OOC or in the thread.
You can talk about it in deadchat but don't bring what you know from deadchat into play if you get cloned or respawn.
>>
File: 1435809379398.png (746 KB, 786x717) Image search: [Google]
1435809379398.png
746 KB, 786x717
>Shitters walking in and wasting all available resources augmenting themselves
>Not even caring to resupply the materials they just wasted

Plebs, really going to start fucking up their shit right after they remove their limbs and decon their stuff.
>>
>>43607230
That used to be my SOP for mech addicts.
Go for it, if you can do it.
>>
>>43606507

To learn all the basic controls: 10-20 minutes.

To learn how to effectively do one simple occupation : ~30 minutes.

To learn everything : Everybody here is still learning shit every day.

Ss13 is a game with slightly complex (compared to other games) controls, simple and apparent interactions, and then an enormous breadth and depth of options.

You have stuff like a cigarette which can be lit by a lighter to smoke, but then you also have the ability to light it while it's in your mouth using an energy sword.

There are cloth sheets you can use to make clothing, but then you can also use them to make a pillow fort which actually blocks a bit of gunfire before it is destroyed.

There is a chemistry system where you can make cocktails, medicine, or poisons, but then you can use it to make a pill that when consumed creates a cloud of smoke which causes explosions on each tile it touches every time it moves.

Tons of depth in every field. It won't take long to learn the basics, but mastering it will take a lifetime.
>>
>>43606507
"D20 is a rules-light server."
There's the official rules, and the unofficial rules.

The official rules are somewhat subjective and vague, and meant to be; because if you try to rules-lawyer stuff you'll get dunked on.
1: NO ERP
2: No metagaming
3: Don't be a massive faggot
4: Don't render most of the station unusable as a nonantag

What this boils down to is;

1: Don't fuck people in game
2: Don't IC in OOC or communicate outside of the game with friends who are also in game about stuff that's happening in the game
4: Don't use giant bombs or plasma fires unless there's a REALLY REALLY GOOD REASON like 21 chrysalids or you're the last one left and you've got to take everyone with you, or you're a traitor. This one isn't really that hard.

And finally 3: don't go murdering without good reason: defending yourself is allowed, but don't start stabbing no people for no reason, and indiscriminate murder is frowned upon. An escalating fight between two people isn't going to get the admins involved but hunting down people and gibbing them one by one or blowing up the escape shuttle before it's reached centcomm is just a dick thing to do. What it boils down to is; consider if get in a fight, is it going to be fun for everyone?

tl;dr don't go out of your way to be an asshole to other people, unless you're a traitor or can make it sufficiently amusing.

Wrong way; stabbing someone who stole your ID while you were afk to steal your monkey to revive someone over and over and gibbing them
Less Wrong Way; setting up a disposals pipe that bounces that guy back and forth over uranium tiles, because fuck that guy.
>>
>>43607939
>21 chrysalids
FUCK BRAZIL
Everyone back in the shuttle!
>>
>>43607717
Yeah, I'm still learning how to give myself all access without needing a card.
Apparently you can remove power from an APC and just crowbar a door open.
Not sure anymore if gloves and a multi-tool are needed for that step.
I'm still learning construction and deconstruction.
>>
>>43609651
You tend to not want to do that since everything in that APC's area needs power to operate. People tend to think bad things come and worry when someone cuts off power to their department, I couldn't guess why.
If you do wana break in using that method, you should hack the APC to only turn off environmental power, which is what controls the doors, and even then it's really obvious since people can't open doors and the atmos systems and alarms will all be off.
So TECHNICALLY you don't need gloves and a multitool if you're gonna do that, you could just make IEDs and blow up wires, but unless you somehow blow up the APC, it'll take some time for the power to die down, and environmental is always the last to go. Yes, you need gloves and a multitool, as you should probably have if you plan on hacking anything since being shocked stuns you and can kill you if the voltage is high enough and you're already hurt.
To hack into places, your best bet is to hack the door or steal an ID. You'll probably get in trouble though, IC trouble for stealing and/or hacking, and OOC trouble with admins if your idea of "stealing IDs" ends with the victim dead if you are not in an antagonist position.
>>
File: 1426667383343.png (72 KB, 265x294) Image search: [Google]
1426667383343.png
72 KB, 265x294
>>
It's been a long time since I've gotten antag.
Schemes and ideas, left to rot. Alas.
>>
>>43607939
>tl;dr don't go out of your way to be an asshole to other people, unless you're a traitor or can make it sufficiently amusing.

What? are we even playing on the same server? people get away with murdering poor sods all the time, even more if they have e-peen and their own fan-club.
>>
>>43610060
>or can make it sufficiently amusing
thats why
>>
how do you deal with people that keep coming after you after having robusted them and healed/revived for the billionth time?
some people just don't quit and I don't want to kill them.
>>
>>43610421
strip them and lock them in glass walls
>>
>>43610468
what if they escape?
>>
>>43610514
they can't if you properly lock them in unless they get outside help
>>
File: Comfystation(11-11-2015).png (4 MB, 4608x4448) Image search: [Google]
Comfystation(11-11-2015).png
4 MB, 4608x4448
It's been a while, so I decided to snip and post Comfystation (the map we use) in its entirety.

Comfystation is an alteration of Ministation, which we've slowly been improving over the year+ that the server has been active.

Here's Comfystation...
>>
File: ministation.png (3 MB, 4544x4544) Image search: [Google]
ministation.png
3 MB, 4544x4544
>>43610639

And here's Ministation, which it was built off of.

There's a ton of changes, as you can see.
>>
>>43593470

I got banned from baystation for breaking windows on the remote outpost of the mining satellite so I didn't have to deal with the goddamn pissy baystation airlocks. True story
>>
>>43610421
>how do you deal with people that keep coming after you after having robusted them and healed/revived for the billionth time?

Don't bother healing them after the second time.

"If you go for revenge, dig two graves. Two because you got cloned once already."
>>
>Oh hey let's go mining and bring a crate with us
>Hahahah nope there it goes
At least on the grave yard some of the asteroids are close to one another.
>>
>>43610668
>toxins test site so fucking close

how many spacemen have died to that
how many
>>
>>43612690
Few.
Bombcaps stopped them needing a bigger one.
>>
>>43612690
probably like 20 before it was moved further out the first time, and then another 5-6 before we moved it basically on the border of the map
>>
File: pamphlet.png (114 KB, 1920x698) Image search: [Google]
pamphlet.png
114 KB, 1920x698
Since it seems that an alarming amount of people don't know a single thing about random events, I'm going to start making a series of pamphlets to inform the common crew then might put a book with more information in proper departments, since pamphlets are cheaper then books and will contain only what you need to know.
This is also to prevent people from claiming ignorance when they let vendors go rogue or an anomaly blowing up medbay.
>>
>>43613903

Did you purposefully pick one of the least dangerous anomalies to declare as a ticking time bomb?
>>
>>43613994
No, shit, meant the flux wave, the actual ticking time bomb.
>>
>>43606076
also on bay cloning tech does not exist at centcom which is of course retarded and that somehow leaked over onto the /tg/ station wiki nobody treats it that way but people are determined to keep the info on the wiki the same even though no admins or players treat it as such.

you don't need to keep it there for historical reasons people theres a prior edits function for a reason.
>>
>>43606218
you can discuss the reasons its shit so we can avoid falling into the same traps

those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it it already happened when we refused to learn from what excessive restrictions on security did to /tg/ station do we really want to not learn from bays fuckups to.
>>
>>43606607
>Then jump into any game as any (non-head) role with its guide open
don't play as sec with mezzo on though he loves to shit all over new sec.
>>
>>43607230
For fucks sake people get over your hatred of augments.
>>
>>43614450
not until there's an actual legit use for augments beyond just maiming yourself for robustness upgrades
>>
>>43610639
wait shit is most of the asteroid on a separate z level now or did you just snip it out?
>>
>>43610675
now that's auctualy a fair one most of the baystation bans are retarded but this one seems fair.
>>
>>43614450
Fairly certain on that post it's not the hatred of augs, it's the hatred of people needlessly wasting resources.
A lot of metal is saved if the exosuit fab is upgraded, I think it takes like an entire stack of metal to make a full set of cyborg parts.
A better example would be like in yesterday, when some random idiot joined up as scientist and kept trying to print weapons and combat mech boards, not understanding after the fifteenth lockbox that maybe every weapon is in a lockbox before he left because he couldn't easily get the guns.
>>
>>43614513
I suppose your right I guess I just overreacted because of all the augment hate

speaking of lockboxs /tg/ stations firing pins are retarded everybody knows there retarded but nobody seems willing to revert to lockboxs.
>>
>>43614431

Tuypo, you really need to calm down. I don't appreciate the character assassination you're spinning here. I barely ever play to begin with, and that was a one-time thing where all I even did was lube floors as sec chased me, then dismantled their gear and gave it back to them.

I'm surprised you're even still upset about this. You weren't even the person I was lubing the floors on, besides the once or twice when you were both chasing me. The guy who kept trying to nab me for a good half hour wasn't even half as bitter about this as you're being, and he's already over it. I apologized to him for putting him through the wringer and gave him tips, and he's fine with it.

If you are angry, that's all fine and good, but there's no call to try and accuse me of being shit for a single round's actions. I can sympathize with you for being upset at my shenanigans and resorting to lasers, but I do NOT make a habit out of grief, you can ask anybody. Most of the time, I play /as/ security. Going lethal against somebody who is being annoying as sec isn't acceptable.

Despite this, I didn't ban you, or even job-ban you, because I could sympathize with your irritation. I'm sorry that I made you upset. There's no need for this bitterness between us. I still love you, baby.
>>
>>43614469

Both. The asteroid on this Z level is a bit smaller than the one on ministation default, I think, and we added the (still unfinished) Ship Graveyard mining Z level.
>>
File: 1444971962667.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1444971962667.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
>>43610668
>No fn p90 outside botanics

l miss that.
>>
File: 1443054355176.png (86 KB, 407x709) Image search: [Google]
1443054355176.png
86 KB, 407x709
>>43591118
>tfw you are legitimately a 5'2" lesbian with field experience
>>
>>43604535
They become fragile after all the brain rewriting and flash cloning, obviously.
>>
>>43614462
Accidental/damage-based limb removal.
Make cyborg limbs shittier than normal limbs unless upgraded somehow. (Or just plain shittier)
>>
>>43610639
What is that random little room underneath medical?
>>
So are you still using the retarded station that was built to be sprawling and safe, the two most boring and counter-productive qualities in every single SS13 game mode?
>>
>>43591118
Wait, people seriously play short characters on Baystation? I used to game there, and I legit didn't notice that.
>>
File: 1446008694460.jpg (69 KB, 366x475) Image search: [Google]
1446008694460.jpg
69 KB, 366x475
>>43615345
in what world would a cyborg limb be shittier then a normal limb? assuming it works exactly like the humans limb that it replaced.
>>
>>43615538
>in what world would a cyborg limb be shittier then a normal limb?
The real world
>>
I remember seeing a lot of those on a server using baycode, along with a lot of other odd shit.
I haven't thought about those things in a long time, where you could fill out a bio that people'd see when they examined you. The best ones were the ones not by people trying to get banned but people with special snowflake characters. I remember laughing my ass off at this one dude because his bio was legitimately three paragraphs long detailing not only every physical aspect of the character but also every mental aspect and a bit of backstory. In a bio meant for
>He's got slightly curly hair, and he's fairly thick. You can see an oddly shaped birthmark on his neck.
>>
>>43614646
oh im past the bitternes I was giving it as genuine advice that time im sorry if it came across as bitter.

theres auctualy a few people who do the antagonising new sec I think your just the only one who I know of.
>>
>>43615691
Meant to link to >>43615471
>>
>>43615690
But this is 2500, where space corporations rule the galaxy, cloning is easy, teleportation is possible, aliens and wizards exist, and research and development is a matter of breaking down the proper parts and placing new ones in machines.
>>
>>43615730
well know of by name anyway I should try and compile a list.
>>
>>43615418
Empty office with some fancy clothes in the closet

Or if your me as a Honk, a Clown's bedroom waiting to happen
>>
>>43615690
>ss13
>real world

you may choose only one

SS13 clearly takes place in the future where technology has progressed to great levels who's to say we don't make cybernetic augmentations better then actual human limbs by then.

I get why you're upset because robust limbs that just can shitted out and attached no problem is annoying but don't fix it in a way like: "oh make the clearly superior limb insuperior"

your first idea is better, could cause damage based on the removal of the limb. or constantly needing some kind of power source for the limb etc...
>>
although as bad as baystations rules are nothing can be as bad as colonial marines if you defend yourself when a shitter attacks you you surrender the right to have an admin do anything about the shitter.
>>
>>43615538
A world where nanotrasen doesn't give a shit about quality.

I don't doubt that they'd have amazing, weapons-grade tech empowering amazing warmachine cyborgs of death

but I do doubt that they'd give those resources to a bunch of shitty crew that goes to their shitty bucket of bolts station.
>>
>>43610639
Could I have a pipe layout, please?
>>
>>43615730
You shouldn't give general case advice that is also an insult when you're only basing off a single event. That's one of the most fundamental aspects of logic.

One time my jacket got caught in a door knob, but I don't go around telling people not to open doors if they are wearing jackets, it wouldn't make any sense.
>>
>>43615690
A cyborg limb is less responsive, but it has a greater grip, higher durability, and the best ones have direct neural interface. You're a load of bull farts if you think the real world has shitty prosthetics.
>>
>>43615981
I suppose that makes sense.
>>
>>43616669
So should we think of it as, say, a Ripley clamp?
>>
File: Lbhkkg.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Lbhkkg.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>Trying out bay again
>Get traitor, no objectives, just gotta be an antag
>Just doing research, max it out, no miners, shit
>RD's a wuss
>With the current system, you can summon beepsky to you with a robust cart., make a sec hud, then use the HUD to set people to arrest. You can make a stun revolver to deal with the others
>HONK mech boards are in while HONK mech was removed
>Ahelp why
>First response I get is "It's probably hard coded in or overlooked."
>Second one is "Because it's the last prank of the clowns."
>Robotics fab is broken
>R&D is broken
>Toxins is broken
>The UI on every single computer screen is the same cluttered white and blue that's giving me a headache, while some things have this nicer, grey background that even has the NT symbol (WHY)
>Want to go upgrade other places, only other place with a head is medical
>CMO doesn't want upgrades
>Wat
>Nothing more
>Go to medical anyways, only things that can be upgraded is the freezer for cryo and the cloner
>Some other more productive antag blows up engineering and shit
>Go to med to help out, buy thermals to see better in the dark
>Help out friendly doctor who let me in to check the machines, grab Runtime so we don't leave her there in the dark doomed station
>See CMO on our way out
>"Hey CMO, you didn't want upgrades, well guess what, now I've got your cat."
>Leave
>Due to bolted airlocks and loss of power no one escapes, literally no engineers to hack the doors
Kat who was observing the whole time tells me that the CMO was on a date the whole two hour shift with the chemist so she probably didn't want to deal with me.
The chemist was a female.
They were both shorter then 5'3.
>>
>>43619472

What is it with Bay and midgets?
>>
Am I wrong for actually really liking how hyperlethal Bays air code is?
It sucks, because I love how deadly their code is (bullets fuck you up, dragging wounded people fucks them up, air fucking you up) but I absolutely loathe how autistic they are about death.
To me, SS13 should be a nice balance between RP and lethality. You play a character who cares about living through their shift and hope bad shit doesn't happen (but reacting if it does), instead of being an engineer who makes stungloves/bashes a head open with a fire extinguisher the second they see a revolver, while at the same time not being a stutter speshul snowflake who cries when they die.
>>
>>43619472
>Used to play detective on bay
>Actually used the feature where people would set up security records for profiling
>Even have a .txt filled with reports I would then send to the HoS each round
>Generally be a huge asshle to ex-cons and track down the usual suspects first
>They get pissed in LOOC at me for being mean
Shit was fun.
They also never caught on to me framing people by switching their fingerprints with mine in the security database.
>>
>>43616669

Only if you're talking about the high end cutting edge research models. Myoelectric prosthetics (the standard electronic ones) are certainly better than no limb, but their control systems are usually terrible; in the case of arms you twitch your remaining muscles to cycle through the different grip modes, then twitch them in a slightly different manner to open or close the hand. the user gets barely any control over what the arm does, instead trusting that the limited set of pre programmed functions will suffice. Additionally, the stump socket attachment system makes it difficult for these limbs to bear significant loads, as under sufficient strain they'll simply slip off. Directly attaching the limbs to the bone is possible, but the surgeon I spoke to about that told me that the titanium rods used are designed to shear when under a load greater than 10kg, to avoid the bone shattering at the junction.

Another issue is that very few prosthetics provide the sensation of touch; most of these are experimental models of which there are naturally very few in the world. If you were to lose a limb and be lucky enough to get a myoelectric limb (each one costs in the order of 50,000 USD, so you're more likely to get something simpler) you're still going to receive what amounts to a very fancy hook.

Tldr: modern day bionics are weaker, clumsier and in nearly every respect worse than their organic counterparts.
>>
>>43620161
keyword modern day
>>
>>43620935

Of course.
>>
>>43620161
still better than getting your torso merged with a giant spider.

drider bodies when?
>>
File: considerthefollowing.gif (496 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.gif
496 KB, 500x385
if we're still on about augments and limbs, the real issue is how damage is calculated, and that damaged limbs are simply damage sponges that get calculated in.

I've talked offhand about possibilities of making only head and torso damage (also bleeding amounts but thats another thing entirely) calculated into the health value which governs your actually being alive.
currently each limb can take 75 damage, and you go into crit at 100.
therefore, you can currently gash up your left arm and stub your toe and you will go into shock and die.

doing this will of course mean people will aim for peoples arms and legs to disable their ability to do things such as pick up items and heal themselves, notably the same people that disarm spam people and go on about how it didnt hurt you so you shouldnt have killed them.
>>
>>43593149
jesus dicks why do you have so many windows open i mean holy shit.
>>
>>43591118
Got to embrace silly characters, man.

I've been playing a misanthropic doctor in his fifties for about five years now. Time flies.
>>
>>43621809
You mean, why does nernums.
>>
>>43622121
I am a very busy man
>>
>>43607939
>>43608214
>>
File: science.png (158 KB, 293x399) Image search: [Google]
science.png
158 KB, 293x399
>after all that, everything ended up alright
>>
>>43623495
VR when?
>>
File: powergayman assistants.png (229 KB, 460x636) Image search: [Google]
powergayman assistants.png
229 KB, 460x636
>>
File: 1447353162547.jpg (320 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1447353162547.jpg
320 KB, 900x1200
>>43591118
>TFW haven't played Baystation in years.
>TFW one of your characters in this picture.
>TFW the person who made the comic went out of their way to inject a stereotype on them in order to fit the theme of the panel even though you created that character to deliberately subvert that sterotype.

At least I had the satisfaction of jamming at least one person from every panel into the Metriod pins.
>>
>>43628418
Which one are you?
>>
>the RD in the second panel.
>The character was actually elderly, with grey hair instead of black. Because, like the poster said, R&D was always filled with "Gifted" youngsters.
>Never fucking stammered because she wasn't a spastic.
>Pissed her off? To the Metriods you go.

Retard wrangling the pre-pubescent soopergenusies isn't something I want to go back to doing. At least on Bay, due to the "Heavy RP" element, Security actually respected your position as a head of the department and listened to you when you said one of your employees were being fucking retarded. Most of the time.

Motherfuckers always jumped at every chance to kill any alien I was researching though. Most of the time it ended with them dying horrible and me shaking my head.
>>
>>43628568
if it makes you feel better when someone on the irc made an actual drinking game half of the rules were jokes about me getting in trouble with admins
>>
>>43593263
BS12fag here.
As far as I understand it, air system works by dividing the station into discrete zones, each with a zone-wide air pressure. Pump air into an empty room, and it instantly spreads to fill all available space. Whenever two zones are connected (eg. by opening a door), the pressures are equalised, and things are pushed around to simulate blasts of wind proportional to the pressure difference.
In the case of a hull breach, this will definitely knock you on your ass, and by the time you get back up again, the automated pressure doors will have closed, trapping you. Also, being in hard vacuum makes you pass out very fast, and will likely damage your lungs, requiring surgery to fix. At this point, the slight bruises and cuts caused by flying debris are more an afterthought than anything legitimately threatening on their own.
Also, it occasionally glitches out, causing unquenchable fires, crippling lag, and server crashes.
And yes, like >>43610675 said, they absolutely will ban you for breaking windows.
>>
>>43628672
zas cant work for shit

also reminds me of when the d2 version which ran quite similar but had both types of processing had a memory error occur and reoccur, when people removed the wall between the bar and the kitchen, resulting in a trip from "NaN" and Nan would cause all sorts of extremely dangerous mayhem.
>>
constructable air injectors are in next server restart as well as some quality of life changes to the pipe dispenser, including decreased waiting times between pipes and waiting times on anchoring/unanchoring.
>>
So I just got robusted to fuck, whats a good way to defend myself? It seems ridiculously hard to stop someone with a stun baton from beating your face in before you're dead.
>>
>>43630711
don't let them get close enough to stun baton them, disarm them then grab the stun and reverse it on them, bolas, git gud etc etc
>>
>>43630711
The best defense is prevention. Not letting them get close enough to begin with is key. That does not help when you get blind sided by a sneak attack, but if you know you are in for a robusting keeping your distance from someone with a stun weapon is key if you are not very robust.

If you can manage to play keep away try throwing shit at them. If you are feeling robust try to get up in their face and disarm them.
>>
RAGE CAGE
>>
File: RAGE FOR THE RAGE GOD.png (10 KB, 423x133) Image search: [Google]
RAGE FOR THE RAGE GOD.png
10 KB, 423x133
>>43630949
GET IN HERE NIGGAS
>>
>>43630949
>>43631238
I added an emitter, although the cage parts of it could use some electrifying.
>>
>>43621471
>notably the same people that disarm spam people and go on about how it didnt hurt you so you shouldnt have killed them.
oh yes fuck those people same as those fagots who table you and complain when you arrest them.
>>
Server's back up.
Spooky berries are in.
>>
>>43631753
Spooky shit out yet?
Not that I really mind. I like the Halloween stuff but I know it's gotten old for some people.
>>
>>43630711
>>43630816 has it right. At the start of a fight it's assumed both fighters are in good health and well fed.
Injury will slow you down, as well as carrying shit. Drop your backpack, drop any hardsuit, hell, drop armour because it does fuckall against stun batons, and if you don't have a ranged weapon throw shit, or call for help.

In a straight up fight between you and him, the one with a weapon's more likely to win.

That's why you should have something that's useful as a weapon at all times, whether it be a 4 shot anubis full of fire shells or a beaker of water in your pocket. Get your opponent down on the floor, then kill him.

Don't let your opponent do the same to you. If your opponent is charging with a melee weapon, run and throw shit at him from range. If he's shooting at you, dodge like fuck until he's out of ammo. If you're feeling lucky and you're unarmed, come at him with disarm intent. If that leads to you having a stun weapon, close the distance, lay him out, then switch hands and hit him with whatever you have that does the most damage - a quick and easy combo is disarm-intent stun, weld-weld-weld, stun, weld-weld-weld, stun, weld a couple more times.

Knockdown is dependent on the size of the item, and damage is rather random. Most things will kill in 10 hits, if not on armour. Even the lowly emergency oxygen bottle is slightly better than your fists.

Don't get downed yourself, get them down, then put them in crit or kill them. That's it.
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.