[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1446694254449.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446694254449.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Probably out of date info edition

Links:

>Rules databases

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

https://kickass.to/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V5.pdf

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

FAQ’s
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: 1406574447666.jpg (5 KB, 119x120) Image search: [Google]
1406574447666.jpg
5 KB, 119x120
>>43590116

First for Tau are the only good guys
>>
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 900x1600
You rant tech priest? Fuck you buy tank
>>
>that tiny chainaxe
everytime
>>
>>43590130

Eh, select elements of the Eldar, Humans and Necrons are good guys, same as Tau. Tau just have the highest average semidecent/total cock ratio.

Oh and to those guys who keep saying "TAU WOULD BE VILLAINS IN ANY OTHER SCI-FI DERRRR", can I just point out:

Well yes, but that's more because they're little blue dudes than because they've got shady orwellian leaders.

The Nothuman Empire is always the bad guys when there's a Human Alliance around.
>>
>>43590132
That techpriest is here to fuck your ass
>>
>>43590130
The most boring guys, too.

Boring fluff, boring to play, boring to play against, boring to paint, and decent aesthetics.
>>
>>43590505
>boring to paint
Who isn't?
>>
File: Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg (114 KB, 525x952) Image search: [Google]
Raptors_Scout_Marine.jpg
114 KB, 525x952
So I'm about to start building a Raptors space marine army, and to stick with the fluff I want to make use of scouts. I'm not really up-to-date with space marine meta, do they suck? I haven't seen them get much use.
>>
>>43590130
Eh, pretty rigid and strict society.
Easiest army to play the game with.
Weaboo-esque models.
Tau seems to have more than its share of autists, manchildren, and WAAC-tards.
>muh superior tactics

You deploy robots, have easymode rules, dont have to move (other than JSJ or jumping a Riptide to safety, and roll dice.
>but muh BS 3 isnt fair

Consider suicide Taufags.
>>
>>43590569
Scouts aren't really bad, they're just not amazing either. As a support unit they work perfectly well at camping on objectives with Sniper Rifles and camo-cloaks or mounting up in their little Land Speeder transports and going off to kill vehicles with Krak Grenades, but I can't really see them working as a wholesale replacement for Tactical Squads.
>>
Are Ogryn's good units?

I'm planning on making a list with fuckloads and I want to know what I'm getting myself into.
>>
>>43590569
There's a new Ravenguard detatchment in the new Tau vs Marines book. It should be in the OP.

It's about as fluffy as you can get for a Raptors army and makes scouts way more useful.
>>
>>43590631
>>43590569
Pretty much. You have to use them as intended; they're not gonna hold up to a charge from a dedicated melee unit, but they can hold a point, snipe decently, and can be difficult to move off a terrain feature without dedicating a decent amount of points to it.

[spiler]Are you the guy from the WIP thread?[/spoiler]
>>
>>43590130
>Implying Dark Angels aren't good guys

How many 10,000 year old cursed super-soldiers have the Tau hunted down? None? Sure are good guys in the Tau.
>>
>>43590699
How many Chaos gods have the Dark Angels killed?

Check and mate.
>>
>>43590647
>Are Ogryn's good units?

Sadly, not really. They aren't good enough in CC to deal with the sorts of units that can tank through an IG army's firepower and reach combat, and the things they can deal with can generally be shot to death from a distance. Taking a single unit isn't going to cripple you, and they're a very characterful option, but taking more than one squad probably isn't a great idea.
>>
>>43590728

>shitposting on 4chan

sweet life anon. must be a slow day at the office.
>>
>>43590631
They're certainly more point cost effective than tacticals though. For 70pts I would take sniper cloak scouts over a combat squad because I find tacticals to not be that effective either.
>>
>>43590516
Daemons.
>>
>>43590505
>Boring fluff
A combination of:
Wood elves in space
Communists in space
Buddhists in space
Mecha in (40k) space

How's that boring?

>boring to play
Battlesuits armed from head to toe in weapons
Gunships armed from head to toe in weapons
Beast-like allies akin to Wood Elves there to take the hits for you while also introducing an entirely different realm of combat for the army
Stealthsuits best scouting type unit

>boring to play against
Don't blame it on Tau you can't fucking put your marines in a damn Land Raider Crusader to bring them up close.

>Boring to paint
>Decent Aesthetics
Gonna put these two together cuz in between the different castes and different races, they probably have the most versatility in aesthetic only surpassed by an Eldar army that uses all the specialized stuff and a Chaos Undivided army full of a variety of daemons/marines.

>>43590569
If you know how to use their scouting and infiltration abilities well enough you'll do better with them than Tac squads actually. Obviously take the camo-cloaks, and sniper rifles are overrated and a waste maybe take like one. The scouts get the same benefits as per the forge world rules that the Raven Guard unit do. But you still wanna have some tac marines/sternguard and that Chapter Master cuz they have beefed up bolters that provide EXCELLENT fire support.
>>
>>43590776
Sure, but they give up taking a Special weapon, any Heavy weapon that isn't a Heavy Bolter or Missile Launcher, are vulnerable to Ignores Cover weapons, and get absolutely trashed in close combat. If all you're looking at is a raw points-to-Bolters ratio then Scouts win out, but I've never seen them work as a frontline combat unit when you take into account the wider context in which they'll be used.
>>
>>43590797
Way to go showing him how not triggered you were there anon.

We ignore people like that, we don't write them essays.
>>
>>43590797
>Don't blame it on Tau you can't fucking put your marines in a damn Land Raider Crusader to bring them up close

Please. Its a static gunline army with special rules designed to make it easy to play. The only decision Tau players have to make is which unit to shoot. You can kid yourself anon, but that doesnt change reality.
>>
>>43590797
>Don't blame it on Tau you can't fucking put your marines in a damn Land Raider Crusader to bring them up close.
That doesn't work.
>>
>>43590647
They're support units to tie up melee units, take bullgryns and a biomancy psyker with force axe and sit them in front of your army. When they close close charge and have the bone head eat the challenge while the psyker goes to town with his axe, make sure he's hiding being the big guys and not in base contact.
>>
>>43590631
>>43590678
>>43590797
Thanks lads

>>43590681
Yeah, that was me
>>
>>43590748
>They aren't good enough in CC to deal with the sorts of units that can tank through an IG army's firepower and reach combat
What if I were to take so many that they became my main source of firepower?

The way I'm looking at them, each one can put out 3 S5 shots, 1 S5 HoW and then 4 S5 attacks on the charge. With a Psyker casting prescience that's a potential 8 S5 hits per model on a pretty durable platform as you need to deal out 3 wounds before a single one dies.
>>
>>43590847
Yeah fair enough but I think that jack of all trade tacticals are just a waste because if you're shooting at a high AV vehicle with your special weapon the rest of the squad can do nothing but stand there (unless you're in Krak grenade range). Even then I would rather just have specialized squads such as devastors take care of it.
>>
File: 1424283079002.png (327 KB, 384x466) Image search: [Google]
1424283079002.png
327 KB, 384x466
>>43590116

>New 40k general just out the door and the Tau shitposting already accounts for 70% of the thread
>>
>>43590942
This.

Let's calm down people.
>>
File: hermit melville.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
hermit melville.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>43590942
where do you think you are?
>>
>>43590847
Our local sisters player just unveiled his scout marine army. Only heavy armour comes in a unit off assault terminators and a techmarine on a thunder fire cannon. Everything else are scouts in speeders, assault speeders, a storm raven and a storm talon.

Has been destroying everyone in our area except for decurion crons, and Blood Angels playing The Dream Crusher.
>>
>>43590797
You write like you're 12.
Also you have no idea how scouts work. You take the rifles for the range and the ability to rend, not for sheer wounds.
>>
File: hazard.jpg (37 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
hazard.jpg
37 KB, 500x425
>>43590505
>boring to play
The Tau are a great army to play because they're extremely customizable and there's a lot of fun shit you can do with them. It's the fault of the players that they get used so boringly.
>>
>>43590505
>boring to play
B-but muh 3 3x riptides squads...
>>
Hey guys i am making a 1850 points tournament list and was looking for some thoughts on my list any advice would be greatly appreciated

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ [1]

Farseer Skyrunner (135pts) Singing Spear; Spirit Stone Of Anath'lan; Shuriken pistol

Warlock Conlave (110pts)
2x Warlock Skyrunners;Singing Spears; Shuriken pistol

Troops [2]

5x Dire Avengers
1x Wave Serpent; GhostWalk Matrix; Holo-field; Shuriken cannon; Twin-linked shuriken cannons;

5x Dire Avengers
1x Wave Serpent; GhostWalk Matrix; Holo-field; Shuriken cannon; Twin-linked shuriken cannons;

heavy Support [3]

1x Fire Prism [150pts]
Holo-field; Shuriken Cannon

1x Fire Prism [150pts]

1x Fire Prism [150pts]

Lord of War [1]

1x WraithKnight (295pts)

Crimson Death Detachment

1x Crimson Hunter
;Exarch ; Two Bright Lances;

2x Crimson Hunter
Two Bright Lances;

Pretty new to this so tell me if i did something wrong writing this up thanks.
>>
>>43591067
>9 riptides
>+3 y'vahras and 3 r'varnas fuck the faggy-ass stormsurge
>15 riptides
AND BY GOD SOMEBODY WILL DO IT
>>
>>43591130
no windriders and tiny conclave.

dont take warlocks outside of vaul's wrath support batteries and seer council.

fire prisms blow dick compared to the rest of the codex.
>>
>>43591154

Wait a minute sorry are you saying Fire Prisms are bad because i beg to differ they are very good they have won me a lot of games so are you suggesting i remove the warlocks and a Fire Prism and get some Windriders ?
>>
>>43591225
Fire Prisms are a bit expensive when you compare them to a Hammerhead.

Or wait do they have Lance?
>>
>>43590989
>Blood Angels playing The Dream Crusher
Please explain?
>>
>>43591029
Sniper rend is just unreliable as getting wounds from the damn thing. If you want scouts to do more than a couple wounds plus the occasional rend you don't give them sniper rifles.

Even more true since he's trying to play Raptors and is probably trying to have his scouts be more versatile.

>>43590857
True shit.

>>43590897
You can make them a static gunline army if you want. They can do a lot more though.

>>43590914
Why not? Extra armor LRCs do a pretty good job of getting close combat units to Tau before Fusion Blasters wreck them.
>>
>>43591225

yes, they're garbage compared to just another 2 units of windriders.

single shot high str weapons are garbage unless they're rocking the D,
>>
>>43590505
>Boring to play/against

Maybe if you use nothing but Crisis suits and riptides. If you actually bother to look at their other units, they have a lot of neat options.
>>
>>43590897
Blame the fact that our 200 points of Crisis Suits will fold to 70 points of tactical Marines.
>>
>>43591130
It looks okay, though I would suggest no ghostwalk matrix on the wave serpent.

You've got anti-tank for days, so I might suggest dropping a single crimson hunter for another unit of dire avengers and serpent, would give you some better anti-infantry power.

>>43591154
>translation
Don't do that, that's a fun list
Play like a faggot instead.

>>43591276
Dude, I wish hammerheads were equal to the fire prisms. Just the single lance shot is enough to make me want them, let alone the other fire options.

>>43590897
You act like static gunline is how tau works
Only for fools, that is

>>43591334
Again, no. Stop WAAC instruction here. The list is fine. If he's new, he's gotta be able to get games, not run some netlist bullshit and never play ever. You are the cancer on 40k.
>>
>>43591334
Tell that to my Hammerhead with multiple Landraider one shot kills under his belt.
>>
>>43591405

he literally said tournament list, bud. Sorry I guess you want him to place last with 0 points.
>>
>>43591425
Oooo you got lucky a couple of times. That must mean its a good unit right?
>>
>>43591276
The Fire prism has 3 modes of fire you can choose from all have a range of 60 the
first is a strength 5 AP3 Heavy 1 Large Blast
2nd mode is a strength 7 AP2 Heavy 1 Blast
3rd mode is a Strength 9 AP1 Heavy 1 Lance
>>
>>43591405
I cannot drop the crimson hunter without losing the formation buff though i need 3 for the formation also all 3 of my Fire Prisms could use the Large Blast fire mod to deal with infantry couldn't it ? Maybe i should drop a Fire Prism for some Windriders or a Wave Serpent and Dire Avengers ?
>>
>>43591400
>200 points of Crisis Suits will fold to 70 points of tactical Marines.

ha! Its mathmatically possible but very unlikely, and will never happen on the tabletop. Typical Tau player excuses.

You play 40k on easy setting, deal with it.
>>
>>43591470
Yeah, a S10 AP1 gun that ignores jinking and cover with two markerlights?

I'm able to bitch slap any vehicle/walker, attract their heavy vehicle fire and have a 3+ in ruins. Along with a S5 AP5 light infantry obliterator large blast.

It's not a bad unit for 145 points. You can shutdown artillery units trying to rip apart the gun line, which is important because since everyone takes missile sides your only long range high S is the Hammerhead, unless you want to waste the Riptide trying to open a vehicle.
>>
Can you deploy more than one formation of the same type?
>>
>>43591425
How much are hammerheads?

And what comes stock? What do you upgrade them with and how much does it cost? What's their BS?

I'm working something out, it would be cool if you could help me.
>>
>>43591405
>You act like static gunline is how tau works

I havent seen a single Tau player field anything but a gunline since 6th edition. You guys are a bunch of faggots, stop running from the truth.
>>
>>43591752
3 Crisis Suits will beat beat 5 Space Marines more times than not? What the fuck are you on about?

10 attacks hitting on 3s wounding on 4s. Space Marines go first.
>>
>>43591788
Fok you. Its still better than eldars.
>>
hey, if i was to make an army of Exorcists marines could i still use the Grey knights stuff?
>>
>>43591886
No.
>>
>>43591816

>creating a scenario with SM's getting 2 attacks
>maxing out the crisis suit points while minimizing the SM cost
>pretending Crisis suits have no saves or access to FnP
>disregarding the fact that 5 space marines will rarely if ever be in CC with 3 Crisis suits

Keep living in the fantasyland General Faggot'O, master tactician of 40k, and collector of W's in spite of that crippling BS 3.
Tau arent as squishy as they should be, considering the firepower they have. Im guessing you dont actually play 40k.
>>
>>43591783
125 base 145 with upgrades.

Bring either drones or Smart Missile Systems. People say always bring Drones, but they're two guys with BS2. Woo. They can grab objectives though and are T4, but the SMS will kill more things.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS bring a 15 point Disruption pods for 3+ jink and 5 point sensor spines for move through cover.

The Ion Cannon will have more damage output, but if you're playing against a Guard player with heavy tanks go ahead and bring the Rail gun with the 5 point S5 AP5 large blast. But it is funny to one shot Landraiders, which isn't that impossible, just roll a 2+, 5+ and a 4+.
>>
>>43591841
Just as bad, worse in some ways. But whatever you have to tell yourself to not feel like a little weaboo bitch.
>>
>>43591841
No its not at least the Eldar need to do something other than stand still
>>
File: wrbnd_bdg.png (17 KB, 380x320) Image search: [Google]
wrbnd_bdg.png
17 KB, 380x320
Making a faction icon for my CSM, theme is (unintentionally) Tzeentchian arcanists playing up the "forbidden knowledge" aspect with cryptic symbols everywhere etc.

Thoughts?
>>
>>43591932
I can confirm Ive had a Tau tank 1 shot my Land Raider in turn 1. Several times as a matter of fact.
I feel like Tau are pretty cheesy, I dont bother with playing vs. them anymore.
>>
>>43591816
>complaining about losing in combat
>as tau
>with fucking jetpack infantry
Never change taufags, never change.
>>
>>43591897
anything i can do cool with them tactics wise.
>>
>>43591972
ugly colours and to much stuff
>>
>>43591932
Cheers I wanted to compare the Hammerhead with the Fire Prism. Fire Prisms are 125 pts base, come with three firing modes, are fast skimmers, 12/12/10 and their range is 90".

I think I would prefer the prism to be honest. The strength nine lance is scarier than strength ten, and to be honest, it's isn't that great. I honestly prefer my war walkers, who spam bright lances and wreck most vehicles in a single volley for far cheaper.

Just my opinion.
>>
>>43591816

>my shooty JSJ suits should also be able to beat SM's in the assault phase!
>Tau are average see?
>Im just a strategic genius.
>>
>>43591776
Yes.
Each is a separate detachment.
Just can't have ones with unique characters.
>>
>>43591298
He brings the formation with 3 stormravens, then brings a culexus, some drop pod dread and dante with like one other unit. That's his 1850 list.

Not sure how it keeps winning, but it kicks everyone's ass regardless of mission type. He wins every tournament our city takes part in. Even beat a list with 5 riptides in an out-cheese your opponent contest. Only way I was able to beat him was to bring an unbound list of nothing but fliers.
>>
>>43591405
>Again, no. Stop WAAC instruction here. The list is fine. If he's new, he's gotta be able to get games, not run some netlist bullshit and never play ever. You are the cancer on 40k.

This was probably 3-4 threads ago but I am the new spacewolf player who got help with his list. Ten minutes into showing it around the shop I was accused of 'netlisting' (which I guess I did come here for help) and being too WAAC.

When I got back home and said I was accused of being a tryhard I was told three more improvements I could make to be even more WAAC.

In my defense I have not gotten to play a game with my own army yet as I don't have all the models yet and I was building the list for a League. Naturally I assumed other people would be bringing more competetive lists than a Spacewolves with only 1 unit of three TWC.
>>
>>43591911
When will Space Marines not get two attacks in the first round? Did the Crisis Suits charge?

Alright let's do the math. 157 points of Suits with 2 15 point weapons and A 15 point FNP.

5 Marines charge and get 10 attacks. 7 will hit, 4 of those will wound, 1 will be unsaved and a 33% to eliminate it with the FNP.

Crisis Suits hit back with 6 attacks. 2 will hit. Both should wound. Both should be saved by the SMs.

Space Marines have 5 attacks. 3 will hit. Keeping with my rounding up for everyone, 2 will wound and both should be saved with the 3+ and FNP.

So 70 points of tactical Marines will tie up a 157 point Crisis Suit Squad for the rest of the game. Thats just a straight up loss for the Tau. Having 157 points tied up with 70 points. Also a troop choice tieing up an elite slot.
>>
>>43592175
Tau logic is amazing.
>>
File: 1389347436594.jpg (107 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
1389347436594.jpg
107 KB, 300x444
>>43590132
>mfw I just bought a Titan Tech Priest from FW to work as my Dark Heresy character model and the this happens
>mfw I have nobody but myself to blame
>>
>>43591841
80% of Eldar guns are bolter range or less.
They have no AV higher than 12.
Everything is always running, boosting, or jinking.
To balance this out, they have very high strength weapons, love mobility, and have the Wraithknight, which everyone can agree is bullshit. Also formations, which everyone agrees are bullshit.

See? We can admit that our army has faults. Why can't you?
>>
File: 14460516133450.gif (523 KB, 400x436) Image search: [Google]
14460516133450.gif
523 KB, 400x436
>>43592175
>Crisis Suits charge
>>
>>43592129
http://www.spikeybitsblog.com/2015/01/the-black-tide-angels-fury-army-list.html

Essentially this is his core. Except that he puts one dread in a drop pod, and allies in a culexus
>>
>>43592210
Math is very logical.
>>
>>43592016
not really, they get chapter tactics ultra or whatever you want since they change it to fight. they do have a special character though. 3rd company captain, s/t 5, thunderhammer thing that wounds daemons on 2s (really redundant though because he's already s10 but useful against a prince/GUO with iron arm?), teleport homer. gives feel no pain to himself and squad against chaos/daemon powers/psychic powers

fluff wise they are damn good against daemons while being okay against other foes. hell they'd be a pain to fight with daemons since daemons can't sense them and their corruption rate is like less then 1%

>>43591972
pink and yellow is a bad match for this, also too busy. i'd stick with the dice and eyes, drop the pink for a black or something else neutral. have a cute girl in the same color scheme for your trouble
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>43592175
IS THIS TAU PLAYER SERIOUS?
>Crisis suits will never ever beat marines in close combat

SOMEONE SCREEN-CAP THIS!
>>
Ok, I'm slowly building towards an allied Astra Millitarum/Raptors army. I'm going to use Lias Issodon and a Master of the Fleet so I can thoroughly dick around with my opponents reserves as well as ensure my own arrive when I want them to.

What should I use this for? Deep striking terminators? Valkyries loaded full of veterans/stormtroopers? I haven't properly played since 4th/5th so forgive me if this is obvious.
>>
>>43592247
The Crisis Suits wouldn't beat the Space Marines. It's tied combat forever.
>>
File: Farsight.jpg (135 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Farsight.jpg
135 KB, 873x627
So there are murmurs on Tauadvancetactica about the upcoming sequel to "Kauyon" aka as "Mont'ka".

What do you guys want to see in "Mont'ka"?
>>
>>43592277
>What do you guys want to see
Another one dead chapter master.
>>
>>43592175
This also implies that Crisis Suits are in the open, 13" away from a 5 man squad, and also did not hit with any overwatch weaponry, most of which is able to kill a marine outright.
And rounding up means that the wounds that the suits deal will be saved, but at 66% save with 2 wounds, they're more likely to lose a marine each round.

>Get within 7 inches of space marines
>No not shoot the space marines
>JSJ 6 inches away
>Get charged
>Miss 6 attacks on the overwatch
>Get into melee
>Still eventually win combat

>Complain
>>
>>43592300
First Founding or successor chapter?
>>
>>43592175
Cuz 5 Tac Marines will ever get to charge 3 Crisis suits.
Great, you demonstrated that in a totally unrealistic scenario, 5 Tac Marines lock down 3 Crisis suits. No overwatch, no worrying about how or why 5 Tac Marines were able to get within charge range of a unit of Crisis suits. Im assuming there were no other Tau units on the table, and the Marines just walked up to the suits, who decided not to move. If they took a transport, you should factor that in to the Tac Marines' cost. Btw, Rhinos and Drop Pods arent assault vehicles.

Can we get back to reality now, Taufaggot?
>>
>>43592175
>rounding in mathhammer

Stop posting anytime
>>
>Space Wolves' scouts aren't the new recruits of the army, but badass elite soldiers that prefer solitude and silence more than the noisy assaults of their battle brothers.
>For this reason they're not WS3 BS3 troops but costlier WS4 BS4 elite.
>Than all the scouts becomes WS4 BS4 without an increase in cost.

I know that the SW codex is the less fucked up of the 7.0 codices (compared to the 7.5 that started with the Necrons), but that still makes me sad
>>
>>43592277
A Farsight Enclave decurion, since there wasn't any option to take Farsight in the one that was in Kauyon/new codex
>>
>>43592353
yeah, i got nothing but bad wolf jokes. the update was probably to push the detachment and sell some scouts since most take tacticals. bikes are cool and all but i'm pretty sure i could show up at any lgs and find someone using tacticals
>>
>>43592175

Typical Tau post. Trying but failing to make his army look average or flawed.

The harder they resist the fact that playing Tau is easier than playing SC 2 on casual, the more obvious it becomes they know its true.
>>
>>43592175
>Keeping with my rounding up for everyone
Your math is shit
>>
>>43592277
Black Templar Decurion. Because they didn't so much as get a pity formation in the new dex so I feel they could use one.

And I say this as an Eldar player.
>>
>>43592353
Tell that to Blood Angels.
>>
>>43592402
At least they dont have bunch of d weapons.
>>
>>43592376

Farsightcurion:
Benefit: Everyone in the core formation gets to shoot three times. Everyone in the superformation gets +3WS and +3 Initiative.

Or some dumb shit.
>>
>>43592277
more vague hints that farsight has been replaced ala The Phantom or more loyalist getting killed, that's always a good time.
>>
>>43592432
I don't see how the Black Templar can magically appear in a Tau Eastern Fringe narrative. Last we see them, they accidentally crashed into a tendril of Leviathan whie chasing Ghaz.
>>
>>43592483
I thought there was some crusading out that direction no?

If not them then who is likely?
>>
>>43592464
>Everyone in the core formation gets to shoot three times. Everyone in the superformation gets +3WS and +3 Initiative

There was a time when I would have said this is too ridiculous to ever happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 500x375
>>43592458
They have better D than everyone but Eldar. Stop grasping at straws, Tau are a joke. No one with any self-respect or even the vaguest sense of sportsmanship would ever field them.

>easy
>cheesy
>>
>>43592512
Do you legit have autism? Because that's the only way I could understand a grown man getting so worked up over a fictional setting and armies of plastic men.
>>
>>43592251
pls respond

The only actual models I have so far to deep strike is a terminator squad and I've heard they're not that effective
>>
>>43592483
Templars are like the orks of the imperium. You don't really need to justify their presence, they just happened to be crusading in that direction. If you look at the crusades listed in the 4e codex, I wouldn't be surprised to find at least a couple sitting in open space, waiting for chaos or some shit like that.
>>
>>43592160

No one has flat out told me my list is WAAC but I came to tg for DA help where as my KDK friend just threw darts at his codex and our experienced friends looked at my list, shook their heads and said Damn.

Meanwhile Chaos McGee rushed out and bout a $300 bundle while ordering his codex.

I had to search for advice and help for him and he sent back the useless bundle from GW and bought two gorepacks.

He still doesn't want to ask the internet for help..

Also I discussed giving my Chaos friend a point handicap to level the playing table and everyone thought it was a great idea for learning as long as it isn't permanent. Except the Tyranid player who very much wanted it to be a real thing.
>>
>>43592499
They were fighting on Armageddon before disengaging to chase Ghaz.

There are currently 8 chapters fighting in the Damocles Wazrone. Only the Scars and Ravens are known, the rest have yet to be named.
>>
>>43592525

>I cant argue the point, so I'll resort to personal attacks

The hallmark of someone that doesnt have a leg to stand on. Ive only posted 3x by the way, apparently there are other anons who think Tau are babbies first army? Imagine that.
>>
>>43592540
>Meanwhile Chaos McGee rushed out and bout a $300 bundle while ordering his codex.

That is exactly what GW wants new players to do.

Good for him
>>
>>43592540
i guess in your buddy's mind it's like getting opinions on cars online, it's pretty polarizing and at the end of the day your buddy might just want a red car with a stick shift for driving around fast rather then the best at his price range.
>>
>>43592512
Compared to who? In a scene that is mostly Power Armor, Space elves, and undead terminators Tau are par if anything, and frankly lose consistently if played like a gun-line.
Why am I feeding this guy?
>>
>>43592512
Yeah, wraiths spam and lychguards or jink@shoot d weapons way better, than tau.
>>
>>43592575

Sad thing is, the new guys KDK codex will be obsolete by March 2016. According to Reece and another solid source, CSM are getting a complete rules overhaul.

Several updated kits too.
>>
>>43592590

Stop posting. You are delusional.
>>
>>43592277
Farsight-themed Decurion and formations and updated rules for Farsight Enclaves. Basically the same kind of stuff Raven Guard and White Scars got in Kayon. Also assuming they'd follow up with Kayon serving as the update to Tau codex, the new book could serve as an update to another codex. Probably some Imperial army since the conflict is Tau vs Imperiums. I'm hoping IG, as they could use an update.
>>
>>43592573
Not even a Tau player, just a lurking anon.

I was going to see if there was talks on the new Blood Angels stuff coming out, but somebody mentioned Tau which meant the internet warriors were duty bound to come out and personally attack and shit on people for picking one plastic army over another.

It's pathetic honestly.

And the reason I ask if you are autistic is because you behave exactly like a guy in my lgs, who obviously has some form of autism, who goes on warseer and dakka dakka and here and basically echoes what he reads in the shop. Word for word, shitty language and all.

So chill. It's just a goddamn game.
>>
>>43592589

That is basically his argument.

>We don't know enough about the game to tell if we are getting trolled or good advice.

I understand it but especially on a forum where multiple people are responding and adding on/correcting other posts I think it is safe.

At the end of the day I still looked up all the data on the formations I am running because I bought anything.

/tg/ basically built my list after I said Dark Angel Bike Army and it's looking like a monster.
>>
>>43592619

Oh man is that true, good thing his birthday is in March.

I hope the gorepack is stll a thing that is what he is building his whole army around.
>>
>>43592464
I'd expect the bonus of either the core or the decurion to be +1 ws for battlesuits and free bonding knives.
>>
>>43592652
This is 4chan, just making sure you know where you are.

Afaik, BA are getting a new Chaplain with jump pack, and Captain Karlaen released as $33 clam packs. The Chaplain looks cool, but iirc Karlaen was going for <$5 on ebay.
>>
>>43592715
Cheers brother.
>>
>>43592642
>referencing my own anecdotal experiences is now delusion.
to be fair I've only seen one game with the new Tau, but they only just beat a Ultramarines player, and only because they ran to snatch objectives on turn 5.
>>
File: 1443757202017.jpg (41 KB, 490x633) Image search: [Google]
1443757202017.jpg
41 KB, 490x633
>>43592655
not that you're wrong, but how many games have you guys played? play a few games proxying things, get some dice rolling and some exp. all the advice in the world (tg isn't the best example since we're doing our usual infighting about whatever) won't help if you guys don't start playing the game.

>>43592619
don't tease me, but yeah this is probably true. i expect some big tie in with age of sigmar, maybe slaanesh returns or gets hurt in 40k?
>>
>>43592686
If CSM get unit price reductions or changed statlines, which they likely will - then KDK wont be a thing anymore. I mean, you could still use it I guess. But thats like using an older edition book with inferior rules. KDK likely had a 1 year shelf life, just like The Knight codex.
>>
>>43592650
Well, Kauyon does mention that there are several Battle Sister covens are entering the war. It could be a good chance to update the sisters.
>>
>>43592697

+1 WS, conversely to broken benefits elsewhere, would do exactly nothing.

WS3 I2 is not any better than WS2 I2.
>>
>>43592755
I just wish they FAQd anything anymore. KDK would be fine for a long time if they just said "use the and prices from more recent books". But no, instead we get BA and GK running around with same-name units with totally different statlines, points costs that no one can predict, and models that can't change stats because of pre-existing books (like 'zerkers still having one attack in KDK). There hasn't been a single English FAQ in 2015, despite the huge number of codexes and the increased need for them. Also, putting them on BL site is inconvenient and stupid.
>>
File: dksajjlkasd.jpg (200 KB, 1280x1214) Image search: [Google]
dksajjlkasd.jpg
200 KB, 1280x1214
>>43592619
>CSM are getting a complete rules overhaul

Thank god CSM really have to get away from the Gav Thorpe design shit already...
>>
>>43592771
Yeah, probably too weak for the decurion bonus, but I could see that being a core formation bonus. Those aren't necessarily that powerful (the Windrider Host bonus is rather useless since everybody gives their bikes heavy weapons and the bonus only works on the shuriken catapults, and the Hunter Contingent bonus is good but not earth-shattering). I think free bonding knives will be pretty much certain to be involved, as having bonding knives on everything has always been a Farsight thing (although currently you have to pay for them, so they often end up being a few point tax on many units that don't really benefit from them).
>>
>>43592807
That's because you have been using the out of date one in the OP.

GW only update on their site now. There was a couple of FAQs in 2015, including one for the rule book.
>>
File: Tys Box.jpg (75 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Tys Box.jpg
75 KB, 600x620
>>43592754

We have two friends who have a table (mat with some fish tank and home made terrain) in their basement and have three armies. Nids, Necrons and ultramarines. Ultramarines is starting a Cult Mechanicus army as well.

They also have a few 40k people they know but don't know specifics.

I have only played two games but I played a bit in 4e or 5e but it was ten years ago and I don't remember much.

>>43592755

Wait Khorne Daemonkin as a whole wont be an army... fuckshit....

He is going to be devastated. He was already pissy he had to return his first bundle because he bought it in a rush.

>inb4 he quits before he really starts.
>>
>>43592769
> It could be a good chance to update the sisters.
>sisters

careful anon, that's dangerous thinking.

>>43592807
that seems kinda... messy. also they wouldn't be selling much which is the real focus.
>>
>>43592854
When the hell did they move them back? Why doesn't it say that they don't update on BL anymore? Why have they been updating FAQs but haven't fixed anything important? I swear that someone needs to start stabbing people at GW until they start making sense.
>>
>>43592881
If GW are smart they will migrate a lot of the formations to the new dex. So don't tell him to sell just yet.
>>
>>43592940

I am legitimately concerned about telling my friend about any of this. I wonder if anyone else in my group knows.

Pretty sucky.
>>
>>43593026
>>43592940
It's not like he can't just use the models in a Khorne themed space marine army. He can ally in khorne daemons too.
>>
>>43592540
>>43592655
>>43592881

Is this your list:

HQ: Interrogator-Chaplain - Warbike/Mace of Redemption - 160

3 Bike - 2 Melta/Combi-Melta/Melta Bomb - 110

3 Bike - 2 Grav/Combi-Grav/Melta Bomb - 120

Landspeeder w/ Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon - 70

6 Ravenwing Command Squad - Apothecary/Champion/Ravenwing Banner/Grenade Launcher - 295

3 Ravenwing Land Speeders - Double bolters - 165

Ravenwing Darkshroud - 80

Because if so I am copying it identically when you first got help about a week ago and I was looking for a non forgeworld army to replace my dread mob.

Honestly this 1000 pt list will probably ruin my 1250 DM list.
>>
>>43592881
daemonkind was always in a weird spot, the army might be killed but the theme and models will live on. marines are marines and daemons are daemons. marines mixed with daemons or ice versa. it's also weird balance wise since it does help out khorne, but doesn't actually change much and gimped daemons. the book also has that same formatting issue, why is the blood throne a choice with it's own page instead of a foot note since it's a transport for 1 specific unit? why are the relics so limited? where's my cheap ap2 on the champs/heralds? i guess it's too much to ask for etherblades?

>>43592932
chaos at work

>>43593039
it's the same thing that black templars faced, better in the long haul but shit you just got punked and put back into the vanilla book
>>
>>43592940
>If GW are smart they will migrate a lot of the formations to the new dex
Please no...
>>
>>43593062

Haha that is my exact list!

I am still acquiring models so don't go on ebay till next year, kthnxbai.
>>
>>43591130

Vet here, interesting. May I ask you if you thought of this list from watching videos of battle reports online? This list is almost model for model the exact same as one of the more prominent Eldar You-Tubers.

His only difference is he takes three Night Spinners as opposed to Fire Prisms. Generally, Fire Prisms are not considered competitive in the game anymore.

Three Night Spinners is a doozy and hard to counter. They can each fire a Strength 7 Torrent Template that rends on 6's, or one can fire a Strength 9, AP4 Torrent Template that rends on 6's. Torrent Templates are among the best weapons in the game (see DreadKnights) and this rule makes them extremely nasty. It also makes them versatile for anti-tank or anti-infantry. Never underestimate not having to roll to hit. Instantly more reliable.

It will also free up points, I'd suggest getting another 5 man Dire Avenger Squad in a Serpent if you can squeeze it in.
>>
File: WAAAAAAAGGGHH!ulance.gif (107 KB, 1083x710) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAAAAGGGHH!ulance.gif
107 KB, 1083x710
>>43593062

>New Dread Mob player needs New Cookie-cutter Ravenwing list because of forgeworld stigma

This is why we can't have nice games.
>>
>>43593159
Where are you getting all that stuff on the torrent flamer templates? Their combined fire doesn't affect the focussed fire and certainly doesn't change the AP.

It specifically says it only effects the dispersed mode, which is the large blast.
>>
File: 1446705866474.jpg (73 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1446705866474.jpg
73 KB, 540x540
Is a Flyrant with Bonesword and Lashwhip somewhat viable? I ask cause I'm a bit sick of just using the standard Devourer Flyrant and quickly getting into melee with the fly speed sounds fun.
>>
Bugged me for a while that Scything Talons are objectively the coolest Tyranid weapon, but they don't do anything.
>>
>>43593227
Oh sorry about that. I've only watched him play it and never played it myself. You're right.

It always ripped apart whatever it was firing at so badly that I must have just assumed. Three Str 7 Torrent Flamers is still unbelievably good

Not to mention Three Barrage Rending Large Blasts
>>
>>43593345
Unbelievable. People just dismiss it out of hand. It's fucking crazy. For 300 points you get three templates that just. murder. everything underneath them.

If you manage to get doom off it becomes a joke.

And strength seven torrent flamers is bananas.
>>
>>43593306
Drop it in the formation with the gargoyles and you can be sure it sees combat
>>
>>43593370
i think it gets overlooked because of wraithknights, d weapons and other stuff in the book. that reminds me, i think the wraithlord is alright now.
>>
>>43593407
It's alright.

I fielded it once and it got psychic shrieked off the battlefield before it could do anything. Expensive upgrades, 3 wounds and no invuln aren't doing it any favours.
>>
>>43593306
>Is a Flyrant with Bonesword and Lashwhip somewhat viable?
Well the 12" movement is nice and the ability to jink will help against all that AP3, but you'll need to get into melee FAST. Place the Flyrant within 6" of a Venom/Malanthrope for that sweet 2+ cover.
A shooter heavy army will still blow it off the table easily since they'll be using their normal BS, so it is hard to say how viable it will be.

>>43593321
One thing I really miss about 5th ed. Carnifexes were pretty nasty in melee with 4 talons even though they are mere WS3
>>
What's the best chapter with red power armor? I've got a possible deal here with some marines primed red. I was thinking of Blood Ravens.

Blood Angels are not an option.
>>
>>43592512

Tau aren't even top tier you histrionic little faggot. They didn't change enough to have anything on Eldar, Necrons, Marines and Skitaari/Ad Mech. They're the same old shit with one fancy new formation.
>>
>>43593407
Most things in the Eldar book are alright. Singing Spears are probably the only thing that got worse between the books, and Falcons still suffer from having the exact same role as Wave Serpents that you can get as dedicated transports instead of using a HS slot, but other than that there aren't really bad choises. It's just that soem choises are just so good they invalidate any other choises.
>>
>>43593444
Go red hunters and ally in an inquisitor?
>>
>>43593444
>>43593483
Fucking this.

Cool chapter tactics and super fluffy.

JUST DO IT.
>>
>>43593461
>Tau aren't top tier.
>possess half a brain stem.
>take marker lights.
>take a few more markerlights.
>riptides.
>firewarriors for holding points
>suits for midfield.
>optimized stealth cadre for tank rape.
>skyray or broadsides for anti air.

So hard muh tactics.
>>
>>43593407

Wraithlords themselves are mediocre. They rely heavily on synergy as distraction carnifexes.
>>
>>43593518

>Nothing: The Post!

WOW! FIRE WARRIORS HOLDING OBJECTIVES? CALL THE COPS!
>>
>>43593527
even with that wraith formation?
>>
>>43593518
>>43593538
Can you two faggots give it a rest? Every thread being 80% Tau shitposting is getting old.
>>
>>43593538
>muh tactics: The Post!
>>
>>43593483
>>43593504

Thanks guys, gotta read on them. Now that I think of it, I think the seller was going for that too. My main army is GK and I got a Inquisition detachment too.
>>
>>43593572
I'm actually a third faggot here to kek at Tau players who just can't admit that Tau are overpowered and have been since sixth edition.
>>
>>43593598
I don't care. Shut up.
>>
>>43593572
But if we don't tell him how baited we are, he won't know how wrong he may or may not be!
>>
>>43593610
How else will we be enlightened to the Greater Good?
>>
>>43593572

The relentless asshurt over Tau won't blow over soon. They got one new formation and the bleating will never end.
>>
Even in "Assault sucks: The edition", slamming fast assault after fast assault down a tau player's throat until something, anything sticks is still an easier weakness to exploit than dealing with Eldar and Necrons.
>>
>>43593598

>I'm actually a faggot

Yes, we realize this.
>>
>>43593598
>Tau are overpowered and have been since sixth edition.
they were OP at release and worked their way back down to upper-mid tier by this release, they aren't as bad as they were relative to when their 6th ed came out, and are frankly on par with SM, Eldar, and Necron.
>>
File: 1445097293550.jpg (44 KB, 607x958) Image search: [Google]
1445097293550.jpg
44 KB, 607x958
>>43590132
Great, instead of getting a new leman russ model, we get the same model with a dohickey at the side for a radar. Prob a 30 dollar upcharge for it to.
>>
>>43593674
With those formations and New GCs? Tau are still fucking top tier. Just because you aren't the number one most op army, doesn't mean you get slumped with the Mid tier armies.
>>
>>43592881
Even if KDK may disappear in the near future, there will still be khornate space marines and khornate daemons around. Your friend gets a perfect excuse to start collecting non-khorne stuff, too.
>>
>>43593707
How do you call this model?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 355x275) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 355x275
>>43593707
I fucking love that picture.
>>
>>43591039
Tau are a great army to play if you are looking to mass gundams and win every battle. Winning=Fun
Fielding Tau=Winning
Therfore Fielding Tau= Fun
>>
>>43593738
>were
I fully acknowledge that Tau are top tier now, however there was a time-frame in 7th edition in which they were not. I thought this was obvious from the context of
>on par with SM, Eldar, and Necron.
but yeah, poor wording on my part.
>>
>>43593193
It's been hard not to follow Dread Mob-anon's story the last few days (weeks?). Even though his models are all second hand and look kind of iffy, it's a sad story.

Long story short, don't play at your local GW unless you know that the people there are a cool bunch.
>>
>>43592337
>>43592423
>having autistic decimals in a game were it's impossible to have such

Autism.

>>43592311
>>43592334
This was the scenario presented. I don't know what you want.

>>43592402

Tau is the 3rd best army. No Tau player will refute that, but we have major flaws that can be exploited.
>>
>>43593815
The number one most major flaw being that as soon as you place your models down, your oponent will know that you are looking for a fun game or if you are going to table him/her by turn 2-3. Leads to 70% of games being droped.
>>
>>43593815
I'd rather be autistic and have correct statistics than round failed saves to 0 and come to the conclusion that space marines are literally invulnerable.
>>
File: Ol' Blu-face.png (752 KB, 557x659) Image search: [Google]
Ol' Blu-face.png
752 KB, 557x659
>>43593809

Hey now only 1 of the Deff Dreads, 3 of the Kans and the boyz are 2nd hand.

Yeah its shitty, apparently they are opening a new GW towards the city. I can drive back near the one my mom is near if I really want to play my forgeworld list.

Honestly though I wish I had a place that wasn't a GW to go.
>>
>>43593860
>Space Marines
>Invulnerable

In a game where everyone and their mother has a weapon to kill of a space marine in one shot, marines are not invulnerable.
>>
>>43593815
>Tau is the 3rd best army. No Tau player will refute that, but we have major flaws that can be exploited.
I'd rate Eldar, Necrons and War Convocation as higher, maybe Marines as well (they're a lot more powerful than people give them credid for), but yeah, Tau definitely are one of the top armies. Certainly in the top 5. They were kind of mediocre from the beginning of 7th edition due to losing the things that truly made them a top-tier army in 6th (Eldar battlebrothers and buffmander joining a Riptide, both of which made them far less reliant on markerlights) and falling victim to codex creep, but the new formations have boosted them back to top tier again.
>>
>>43593866

>Ol' Blu-face.png

What is with the green showing through then?

Also what do you use to paint, your fingers?

Did you just slather ultramarine blue over some bright green?
>>
>>43593900
Follow the reply chain before posting, please.
>>
Seems that the tactica is hating big time on the hellcult formation.

Surely a horde of 60 cultists would look fantastic, and the Hellbrute cost the same as the demagogue but works for more then one unit. Setting them up for melee with an actual bonus to losing the Hellbrute if that happens is at the very worst, two good tarpits, at best two huge chunks of melee or ranged attacks.

On a side note, how would you spec a Hellcult up? Ranged for the hellbrute and autoguns for the cultists, or melee and cheaper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskCGaRTe-c
>>
>>43593854

Good. Since GW can't make balanced rules and players can't stop cheesing yet won't adopt a global balance policy like Smogon did for Pokemon, people refusing games is our best option to curb an police bullshit.

That said, sleeper armies are pretty cool. I kept my car as sleeper due to lacking the money to make my car look cool and to avoid cops, so an army that is strong without looking threatening at first glance appeals to me. Scout spam lists before they were popular come to mind.
>>
>>43593920
>implying that's not exactly how orks paint their shit.
>>
Here's the thing about the whole "Tau aren't OP anymore". While it is true Tau stopped being a threat until their recent update, no one on /tg/ is actually skilled enough nor do they have one of the armies stronger than Tau (except random Necron and Eldar players), so for most of us, Tau are still the same overpowered, Riptide spamming faggots from 6E. Yes many armies are even better than Tau, but none of the whiners play those armies.
>>
>>43593949
That's why I love my guardian battle host.

Everybody scoffs at their near guardsman statline and laughs at my 10/10/10 2HP vehicles.

Then they start bouncing from cover to cover, and some even get within range of enemy units. And squads just die to them.
>>
>>43592277
Shadowsun getting wrecked and the voice of the wrecker to haunt her for the rest of her days.
>"Get gud, Xeno Scrub".
>>43592300
Why?
>>
>>43593799
It's just nice to field an army that isn't full of a lot of bullshit. Like Imperial Guard.

Tau are just dudes who are made better with technology they created. No psykers, no certain special rules, no genetically enhanced gods. The only bullshit we have is Ethereal invocations and markerlights.

Yeah yeah Riptide, Ghost kheel, Stormsurge and Supremacy Suits should be walkers. But that's looking like that's a new 40k solution to how bad vehicle rules are.

It's not all about winning. It's just Tau attracts dicks who want to win, like Eldar, because they're a top army because 40k favors shooting over assault. Soon Necrons will be full of dicks as well.
>>
>>43594043
gonna need some pictures of that, sounds fun

>>43594001
idk, orks are known for painting checkerboard patterns on their things.
>>
>>43593902
Eh. I don't really see Space Marines scaring Tau players. The Riptide can take grav spam with a 3++ and a 5+ FNP. The other SM units can be countered by plasma Suits like usual.

The Rhino spam meme formation will fall to Fire Warriors
>>
File: 60gh8v.jpg (45 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
60gh8v.jpg
45 KB, 500x571
>>43593815
So you're shit at math and call people names when they tell you this? Dear Lord, my autistic ass truly envies your "non-autistic" life...
>>
>>43592590
If you lose with Tau Gunline you are either doing it on purpose or someone screwed with your dice.
>>
>>43594108
I mean checkerboard patterns aren't exactly hard to paint with ork fingers or over previous paints anyway, that's what I was implying.
>>
>>43593945
>would look fantastic
Yeah it would look cool but the formation sucks.

Taking 2 units of Cultists just to give a shitty Hellbrute a save it pointless.

If you could just cut out an extra 100 points in your list then you could take the 3 Hellbrutes formation who can deepstrike so they don't need cover, don't need to be hurt to access the crazed table and get IWND for free.
>>
>>43594043
I think 4 guardians can kill almost 2 terminators in a shooting round. That's what is often known as goddamn awesome.
That 12" range and 5+ armor isn't doing them any favors, but if you need a point-efficient MEQ or TEQ killing troop, accept no substitutes.
>>
>>43594120
>The Riptide can take grav spam with a 3++ and a 5+ FNP
That's assuming the Ripitide has the shield up (mine mostly seems to roll 1s and 2s on it), and has fnp (which would mean losing skyfire or interceptor, and Riptide is probably the best unit for carrying those two upgrades as the Stormsurge doesn't have good anti-flyer weapons and the Ghostkeel has low range and benefits greatly when wielded in squads with target locks on all but one). It still has a pretty high chanse of getting blown off the board by gravguns.
>>
>>43594130
No I tell people who are being autistic that they have autism. Caring about decimals in a game were only whole numbers can be rolled is autistic. The average player doesn't care.
>>
File: Dread Glob.jpg (429 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Dread Glob.jpg
429 KB, 720x1280
>>43594001
>>43594108
>>43594183

Well my special snowflake fluff is such that my Big Mek Coppa Toof stumbled upon a field of dead/dying Ultramarines and Space Wolves and just said -

"Hey I could make these into some pretty cool things"

(I did paint them shitty though, first models ever and I was using the used brushes that came with the Citadel Paint Station.)
>>
>>43593159
I have watched watched Battle Reports though i do not recall seeing one with a list almost the same as mine may i ask why Fire Prisms are no longer considered competitive ?
>>
>>43594222
If you don't have FNP on your Riptide you're doing something horribly wrong. Give Skyfire to XV88s.
>>
>>43594043

Anyone who scoffs at any Eldar army that's not 60 Storm Guardians and nothing else is an idiot. Even armies containing the worst Eldar units are OP as shit.
>>
>>43594147

Bull, Tau played by gunline morons are frustrating and boring, but what they aren't is particularly likely to win. All I need to do is wait for one of my assault unit to get over there, and they implode.

Doesn't even need to be a real assault unit either, let them focus fire down the first waves of scary things, then get finished off when whatever's left hits.
>>
>>43593159
>Combined Arms Detachment
>HQ [1]
>Farseer Skyrunner (130pts)
Spirit Stone Of Anath'lan; Shuriken pistol

>Troops [4]
>5x Dire Avengers
>1x Wave Serpent; GhostWalk Matrix; Holo-field; Shuriken cannon; Twin-linked shuriken cannons;

>5x Dire Avengers
>1x Wave Serpent; GhostWalk Matrix; Holo-field; Shuriken cannon; Twin-linked shuriken cannons;

3x Windriders (51pts)

>heavy Support [1]

3x NightSpinners (300pts)

>1x WraithKnight (295pts)
>Crimson Death Detachment
>1x Crimson Hunter
>;Exarch ; Two Bright Lances;
>2x Crimson Hunter
>Two Bright Lances;

So is this list good per your recommendations ?
>>
So what's the best way to run Dark Angels? any good lists?
>>
>>43594373

Ravenwing, then Battle Company.
>>
Is there a chart or something like that one fantasy one that shows the popularity of each army/faction? Curious cuz I barely see anyone discuss Eldar, Dark Eldar, Necron, and Sisters here.
>>
>>43594212
The Hellbrute is just to buff the cultists honestly, not the goal in itself. like I said it costs the same as the demagogue but for an extra unit and you get a potential CC wrecker thrown in at no extra cost.

The goal is huge reletively cheap hordes to return the favor to my conscript fielding guard friend. I don't expect it to do much, maybe tarpit his knight for a turn or two per 30 guys that don't run, that's it.

The killing power comes from other things, I got that down. I just need to know how to equipd the cultists and Hellbrute, and wondering if I had missed something major while looking at it.

Isn't the hellbrutes major drawback being unable to reach melee? Seems this helps quite a bit, and if it dies, better cultists.

I just really like the idea of the population turning on the imperium and screaming fanatically as warpstorm rages.
>>
>>43592652
Have you never been on the internet? Yeah he used strong language to argue a point, it doesn't mean he's throwing a fit. How fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>43594147
honestly Tau gunline is far less effective than mobile Tau vs gimped and mid-tier armies they can table, but in a competitive maelstrom of war game vs anything with a decurion style 7th codex, no the Tau(gunline) lose with twice the number of points on the field, and pitiable Tacos.
>>
>>43594408

Not one that exact, but there are graphs for tournament popularity. Necrons are a popular army. SoB see plenty of discussion despite being one of the least played armies, you just need to lurk more. DE we're never popular but DEfags kept trying to pretend they were, citing things like "when DE got new plastics", but that faction is just a money sink for GW. Now that their rules suck ass and they are only good for providing deployment for Wraith Eldar, nobody even talks about them anymore.
>>
>>43594282
I find skyfire to be not that important on Broadsides, really. The sheer amount of twinlinked dakka they have gives them a pretty good chanse of dropping most flyers just by snapshotting at them.
>>
>>43594544

Or does it?

DUN DUN DUN

Yeah but seriously, skyfire is good if you're light on broadsides, unnecessary if spamming or you have a Skyray to ligh them up.
>>
>>43594544
Their odds of downing flyers from snapshots are slightly worse now that they don't have Tank Hunter by default from being in a Firebase Cadre.

Still bretty gud tho. Just never take railsides.
>>
File: WIPpurplebike2.png (1 MB, 1293x344) Image search: [Google]
WIPpurplebike2.png
1 MB, 1293x344
Holy shit I've been painting this model in my free time the passed two days and haven't even gotten to the banner yet. I need 13 more bike stotal,4 land speeder and a dark shroud.

At this rate I wont hit the table to January.
>>
>>43594718
Railsides actually do have one role now, in the Hunter Contingent due to buffmander schenanigance. They have longer range than missilesides, so having oen railside in the unit lets you apply buffmander buffs when shooting at more distant targets (pretty useful for Riptides and Stormsurges which have very long weapon ranges).
>>
File: 1447270015954.jpg (112 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1447270015954.jpg
112 KB, 540x960
Is the price for BaC going up after release or is this an out of date price?
>>
File: Lemartes_Battle.png (2 MB, 715x1054) Image search: [Google]
Lemartes_Battle.png
2 MB, 715x1054
If I cast Quickening on Lemartes in a Death Company unit, he is granted fleet and +D3 initiative and attacks. Does the entire DC unit also get fleet or what?
What happens if I charge with Lemartes while he is in a DC unit and under the effect of Quickening?
>>
>>43594916
BLOOD ANGELS CHAPLAIN WITH JUMP PACK!? NICE
>>
>>43594815

Never sacrifice painting quality for playing time, IMO.
>>
>>43594815
I'll give you that It looks pretty fucking nice, though, anon.
Especially the bike. Space marine has some meh spots but the bike looks sick.
>>
>>43594928
Does Quickening state that it affects the unit? I'm not familiar with it, so.

If the answer to that question is no, Lemartes would theoretically gain the buffs, but the fleet doesn't matter if he's in a unit that isn't, because they move at the speed of the slowest model.
>>
>>43594482
He didn't argue a point, he just went HURR DURR TAU FUCK SHIT DURR.

Shitposting basically.

You can make a point without acting like a twat. We aren't /b/.
>>
>>43594066
How is Imperial guard full of bullshit? They are literally the most middle tier army out there. Good enough to wreck face against orks, csm, deldar, and nids, too weak to go head to head against Sm, Tau, Eldar, admech. They even have the least bullshit special rules.
>>
>>43594915

So in other words, Railsides only have a use if you fail basic reading comprehension?
>>
>>43594916

That chaplain is beautiful.
>>
>>43595081
>Good enough to wreck face against orks, csm, deldar, and nids
B-but IG is unplayable...
>>
>>43594979

When I playing in 4e I literally was dunking tyranids to play. This is my first model in ~10 years.

>>43595019

Thanks! I am glad to hear. I still need black for the tires.
>>
>>43594329
Guardians are not OP. Especially not footslogging ones.

I know it's the top tier codex but come on. Not everything is a scatterbike.
>>
>>43594815

Are you the guy with KDK buddy?

That's actually pretty nice.
>>
>>43595251

IG is only unplayable if you play tournament style missions where moving to objectives is important as fuck. Their staying power and hitting power are both above average.
>>
Somebody help me make a 200 point unbound killteam list for a tournament at my GW, ive never played killteam
>30 daemonettes
> 5 seekers
>2 seeker chariots
> 1 herald of slaneesh
> A bunch of shit over 200 points
>>
>>43594815

The color combo reminds me of Mega Man or other bright, cartoony armor styles. I like it. Fuck color theory.
>>
>>43595331

Yup this is my first Soul Drinker. I need to learn to edge highlights as well as small details.

Also is blue an appropriate color for plasma?

How do you guys do your tires?
>>
File: SoulDrinker.jpg (103 KB, 1242x414) Image search: [Google]
SoulDrinker.jpg
103 KB, 1242x414
>>43595349

WIP said that look Minnesota Viking or Cadbury Choloate themed =(
>>
>>43595377

>Minnesota Viking or Cadbury Choloate schemed

FTFY
>>
>>43595358

Blue is fine for plasma. Here's a guide to make simple, yet detailed plasma gun coils. Guide is for green but you can just replace with different shades of blue.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/287112-6-simple-steps-for-painting-plasma-weapon-coils/
>>
>>43595377

If you wanted Soul Drinkers, you might be better off picking a more reddish/violet purple and using gold instead of yellow. Or even metallic purple, or a silver with clear purple paint on it. If you look at that shoulder pad you posted, you'll get what I mean, as that's exactly what I described. It looks more recognizably Soul Drinker than the darker flat purple.
>>
>>43595358

Blue and green are the normal plasma colors. Plasma can also be different colors based on the design of the gun. You should pick a plasma color that looks good with your paint scheme rather than just defaulting to a specific color, unless you don't care about looks and just want the most common plasma color.
>>
>>43595233
Well Bood Angels keep getting screwed on rules, but they keep releasing gorgeous models for us, Termie Captain, Termine Librarian, Sanguinary Priest, new tactical squad, and now this amazing chaplain.

I'm okay with this.
>>
>>43595453

BA didn't get screwed by rules, they got screwed by timing. Like every other book before Necrons. They also got screwed by timing in 5E too. When they were the newest marine book they shat all over vanilla marines and most other armies, until the better marines like SW and GK came out.
>>
>>43595435

I actually did a base coat of Ironbreaker in hope of a metallic look, no luck.

I am looking into Tamiyo(?) clear to give it a shinier look.

Now looking at the Soul Drinker again you are right, I have way to much color in the detail.

Lets just say they are inspired by Soul Drinkers.
>>
File: CoordinatedFirepower_WDreply.jpg (127 KB, 819x1717) Image search: [Google]
CoordinatedFirepower_WDreply.jpg
127 KB, 819x1717
>>43595161
UK WD staff confirmed that buffs applying to all units using coordinated firepower is how the design team intented it to work. Apparently they consider it so obvious it works like that they aren't considering making an FAQ about it.
>>
>>43595508

I don't think Tamiya has a Clear Purple, but you can do Clear Red and Clear Blue to try to get purple. But you have to do it right, because FW does Clear Green and Clear Blue for their Alpha Legion, so you might end up with red/blue marines instead of purple marines.

If you're willing to work with enamels, which is harder and riskier for new painters who don't have the right supplies or experience, this guy found some great metal purples: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/797651-attack-purple-prime-vehicon-jozaeh.html
>>
What's the best 40k wiki to research the different armies and factions on?
>>
File: 4F87W8K.gif (454 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
4F87W8K.gif
454 KB, 240x320
>Might get a new job this week, finally having some spare dosh to throw about
>Can finally, just maybe be able to get some models I've wanted for ages

Just wanted to say you're all wonderful people.
>>
Anyone know of a relatively cheap APC model about the same size as a Land Raider?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.