[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could your current character beat Dio and The World?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 17
File: 1906566-dio_falcoon.jpg (232 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1906566-dio_falcoon.jpg
232 KB, 600x800
Could your current character beat Dio and The World?
>>
Seeing that my latest characters are based around either breaking time/ repairing time or negating other powers?
Yes.

And the other one? My badass 'normal' in the world of superheroes? He is made of iron and resurrective immortality. He would just survive it.
>>
no caster stop shitposting and work on Thursday's game
>>
>>43590039

>badass 'normal'
>made of iron

Your TV Tropes is showing.

>resurrective immortality

Then he isn't actually normal, is he?
>>
>>43590039

By your logic, Dio is a "badass normal" too, because he doesn't have powers, The World does.
>>
>>43590161
Isn't Dio a vampire and can shoot beams of blood from his eyes?
>>
>>43590179

No less "normal" than being made of iron and resurrective immortality.
>>
>>43590137
He is normal by comparison to the rest of the crew.
Space jew with anus lasers.
The living embodiment of all the shits of evil.
A moose minotaur.
A Buddhist llama.
>>
>>43590192
Made of iron is just saying they can take a hit and keep on going. Nothing special in a game about super heroes.
>>
>>43589966
Most of my characters (including my tanky dorf cleric) would get to about the first or second ZA WARUDO! before getting pin-cushioned/Kakyouin'd. The one with the best chance would be my Blood Angels assault marine, being a walking tank. Problem is, The World is on the same tier as Star Platinum in terms of strength, and could feasably pummel his way through my power armor. There's also the issue of anyone without either a stand or a lot of spiritual power not being able to see, and therefore unable to defend against, The World.
>>
File: 1391376259044.gif (422 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1391376259044.gif
422 KB, 500x500
My character with his stand [The Fall]?
Probably but the chance is very slim.
Still, anyone who can manipulate gravity so well as to be able to fly around and crush or fling things, or even direct objects through specific gravitational routes, could, at the very least, give a good fight.
>>
Yes. I can stop time longer than him although I can't harm him in it like the world can.

Delayed fireballs it is.
>>
>>43589966
He's got a longsword that shines twice as bright as normal, and lasts twice as long as normal, when the Light spell is cast upon it. He also has fuckin maximum dexterity, and is one of the chosen ones for a god of light, war, and law.

In short...he could do some damage, but it all depends on if he can get that light spell onto his sword before Dio stops time.
>>
>>43589966
Weak as piss and can't defend herself worth a damn, but she also has Schrödinger immortality and is desensitized to pain.

Will Dio get bored of brutally slaughtering her while she just keeps on getting up, flashing a patient, caring smile, and then asking Dio if he would like to sit down and talk about what is bothering him?

Because if he won't get bored of that, then no, she can't beat them.
>>
>>43591306
I just assume Dio would use her as a blood battery if she's immortal.
>>
>>43591406
That makes sense I guess, though any severed/removed parts also vanish as soon as they go unobserved, which I would imagine also applies to blood. Somebody already tried and failed to cure world hunger using that method.

Really, she's quite useless. Dio could defeat her easily enough by just sort of walking away. She can't actually do anything except try to apply therapy, which I don't think is going to have much effect.
>>
Yes, but only because of the technicality that Unarmed and Knife weapon damage are absolute garbage in Dark Heresy, even if you give The World a Strength Bonus of 10 I could get away with only rarely taking scratch damage.

There's nothing my character can do with a lasgun to beat Dio with time-stop, but he can outlast his attacks until Dio literally runs out of energy needed to continue stopping time.
>>
File: YEUvmyx[1].png (227 KB, 565x634) Image search: [Google]
YEUvmyx[1].png
227 KB, 565x634
>>43589966
Additional question: could your current character beat Diavolo or Valentine?
>>
My character is a level 5 human Magus. My highest spell slot right now is 2, and I can't even get access to 7 or above until I take levels in another class. It's not happening.

>>43592111
Diavolo would definitely kill him.
He and Valentine could possibly find some common ground. He could possibly beat Valentine prior to Love Train, but that's a strong maybe.
>>
>>43589966
>Level 3 Brawler
Nope.

>Level 5 Gunslinger
Nope.

>Level 5 Sorcerer
Nope.

>Level 7 Mesmerist
Nope.
>>
>>43589966
>Level 3 Kineticist
Nah, she's not even built for damage

>World of Darkness Innocents
Ha. She couldn't even see his Stand
>>
File: HAD_body.jpg (32 KB, 640x324) Image search: [Google]
HAD_body.jpg
32 KB, 640x324
>>43591306
You just gave the immortal vampire with a time stopping punch ghost a free 'get out of fatal injuries' card. He will keep you at his side eternally as a confident and a meal, might even vamp you so you don't go dying by other means.

You just got wifed by Dio and brought him closer to Heaven A good end?
>>
>>43593176
That's basically her ideal scenario.

Her entire shtick is that she doesn't have any ambitions of her own, and so lives through the ambitions of other people in an attempt to avoid becoming any more apathetic than she already is.

An incredibly ambitious immortal who actually wants to keep her around is pretty much Best End.
>>
>>43593512
Congratulations on being worth infinity breads. It is a great honor.
>>
>>43589966
>Wait! I d-don't want to fi-!
ZA WARUDO! TOKI YO TOMARE!
>ded
>>
>>43590179
>shoot beams of blood
just on part one, he " forgot " that power by part 3.
>>
>>43594526
Yeah, sucks that he dropped his flash freeze ability too. Probably would have come in handy
>>
>>43594967
I for one felt like the final battle didnt lived up to the hype.But maybe thats just me being a faggot.
>>
>>43594526
>>43594967
I'm sure that it's easy to forget about everything else when you can STOP TIME
>>
>>43589966
>Be Shinigami Captain that moves fast enough to move at "normal" speed while time is frozen.
>Can sense movement around body by feeling air particles.

i think i have a pretty good chance of coming out unscathed
>>
>>43590390
Gravity control is actually a pretty good counter for time stopping. Depending on how it works, if you fling him into the sky, he either falls upwards a few seconds faster, or spends a few seconds stuck in midair before falling upwards. It wouldn't make it any easier to counter the ability. And it wouldn't help him with ambushes, either, since if gravity is reversed then it's presumably still reversed when time is frozen.

That said, Dio originally had a ridiculous amount of body-changing tricks, so he could probably think up something like flattening and stretching out his body to act as a human glider, or separating and knotting his muscles together to act as a grappling hook. Of course, that depends on how much of his vampire powers he retained after resurrecting.
>>
>>43597216
He didn't forget that he could make his hair into microscopic brain parasites or bring people back from the dead with his blood.
>>
>>43597325
I don't think you quite get the concept of time being frozen.
>>
>>43597383
Sure but those aren't strictly combat abilities. Making somebody your slave or bringing people back to life is useful in itself. If you just want to kill a bitch when you can stop time you can just do that and punch their head off.
>>
>>43597384
Freezing time is almost universally the exact same as temporarily moving stupid fast.

Im going off the logic that Dio isnt freezing time so much as moving fast enough that it looks lie time has stopped.

and like i said, "fast enough that frozen time makes him at normal speed."

Heroes did the same thing
>>
>>43589966
>Nemesis using Warlock who turned himself into the T-1000 terminator(with greater durability) using Creation magic.
He's not that good a fighter, so meh. He'd survive, but that's about it. He'd probably be willing to have a chat with Dio, though, because the supernatural is something he enjoys learning about.
>>43592111
>vs Diavolo/KCG
Draw
>vs Valentine/D4C
probably lose. The dimension hopping shit would be the big factor. The misfortune relocation? Dudes already damned as fuck, isn't much more misfortune that could be heaped on him.
>>
>>43589966
My guy gets pasted. DIO doesn't even have to stop time because he can't defend himself against 「The World」. I'd never even see it coming.
>>
>>43589966
Hell no. My current character is basically the sword Arab from Raiders of the Lost Ark, and his special abilities include having Wolverine senses, teeth and claws, slightly sneaky and the ability to maybe, if he's really lucky call up some mist. He's not an especially amazing fighter, and he isn't super fast. He'd die like a chump unless 'run away trying to be sneaky in the mist' lets him get away, which I doubt, since Dio can just ZA WARUDO and attack every point in the mist with shit.
>>
>>43597419
Nope, when Dio does it time is frozen. Just ask Kakyoin.
>>
>>43589966
My character can say something to him and lace it with supernaturally convincing subtext that he considers his own idea.

So maybe, as long as I can get a word in. Or a glance in.

As long as he doesn't kill literally everything on sight, I'm good.
>>
>>43597419
>Im going off the logic that Dio isnt freezing time so much as moving fast enough that it looks lie time has stopped
That's literally not what happens and you're changing Dio's powerset to give yourself a win.
>>
>>43597419
That's not how time works
or how speed works for that matter
Distance = velocity*time
When the time you have is exactly equal to 0 it doesn't matter if your velocity is approaching infinity, you just straight up don't move.
Jotaro moved because he is bullshit, not because he had to go fast
>>
>>43597419

They make it very clear in JJBA that Dio''s power isn't the same as super speed. He stops time.

Come to think of it, I don't know any settings where Time Stop is equivalent to moving fast. It's usually exactly what it says.
>>
Hell no.
>>
>>43597644
Theoretically, real life, as when you reach the speed of light then time stops for you, or something like that.
>>
>>43593512
>no ambitions of her own

Is that even possible? Any living being that isn't suicidal has the ambition to continue existing, right?
>>
>>43597419
Your logic is flawed and wrong dio's time stop is literally stopping time. Unless you can ALSO stop time you can't so jack shit
>>
>>43597718
>Is that even possible?

Yoshikage Kira from Part 4 didn't really have any. He just wanted a quiet life away from anything. Which I suppose is sort of an ambition, but he purposefully made himself appear mediocre in everything he did so he could just have a totally sedentary life with his explosive catman.

You know, I'd like to see a one off where Kira finally did get his quiet life, but he keeps meeting Stand users because they're just naturally drawn to each other.
>>
>>43597419
That's disproved by Jotaro. Even though he can at first only move while time is frozen for a second or two, he's shown to be aware of DIO's movements during the time stop.
>>
>>43597875
Did you forget that for him, a quiet life involves murderizing women, chopping off their hands and repeating the process when the dismembered hand stops being fresh?

If that ain't ambition I don't know what is. Wish I had that kind of go-get 'er spirit.
>>
What powers does he have besides stopping time? Also how smart is he, my character is a genius strategist, so if his only shtick is time-freeze he could probably find a way to lure him into a trap and kill him.
>>
>>43597644
Clockstoppers.

I'm probably the only one that remembers that movie.
>>
>>43597897
That's cause his stand can ALSO stop time
>>
>>43597921
He can punch you really hard form a distance with an invisible dude, is super strong and can apparently only die in sunlight
>>
>>43597968
Oh, and dio's also decently smart too he DID go to a British university
>>
>>43597921
Well, Dio's actually a pretty smart guy. In most scenes before the big fight, we see him reading a book. He's cunning, supernaturally charmisatic and, even without The World, fuckin stronk being a vampire and all. He can also regenerate from most wounds, even better when he has a human to drain of blood. The only way to properly hurt him is go for the head.

The World itself, while not have too long a radius, has incredible speed, strength and reflexes, plus time stop. It will fuck you up if you get anywhere near it.
>>
>>43597419
Nooope. Dio stops time. He doesn't move fast, everything else stops. STOPS.
>>
>>43597921
He's a vampire, so super strength, speed, reflexes, regeneration, can only be killed by sunlight, in addition to a plethora of freaky body mod shit that he mostly forgot about when he got his punchghost.

He has a ghost that hovers around him. You can't see it or defend yourself against it unless you have a punchghost of your own. It's stronger and faster than he is and is what lets him stop time.

Also he's dead sexy.
>>
>>43598031
Also the worlds invisible and presumably can allow him to see around corners
>>
>>43598095
Only if you don't have a Stand, which I presume most characters don't, so yeah, add to that invisible giant ghost man who stops time and can potentially punch through steel and concrete.
>>
>>43598143
Also you can't hurt the ghost man and it's selectively intangible
Honestly without a stand you might not even know what's happening, all your friends are just getting their heads pinched in/off
>>
>>43598193
>>43598143
>>43598095
>>43598052
>>43598045
>>43598031
>>43597968
Well, a god or no, I think my PC, even at maximum power would be given a run for his money. In short he can

-Run at about 150 MPH
-Lift tens of thousands of pounds
-Punch through steel and concrete
-Summon ice projectiles out of thin air
-Is a very good melee combatant, especially when he's not unarmed.
-Is completely immune to any form of mental suggestion or manipulation.
-Also immune to poison and disease
-As mentioned, a genius with eidetic memory and masterful skills at strategy.

What do you guys think? Could my PC take on the great Dio?
>>
>>43597718
Well. Her ambition is to have ambitions. Or failing that, simply to not descend into irreversible apathy. But the first is just a method to obtaining the second, and because she has basically no desires aside from that, she has no ambition. There's nothing she wants to achieve save for motivation to keep on living.

As of the latest campaign arc, she's essentially just going through the motions of life until she finds somebody who she can live vicariously through.
>>
>>43598143
That's one of my favorite things about Stands other than the fact that fate conspire to bring Stand Users together. There's one bit in a Rohan side story where he catches the attendant of a cursed mountain completely off guard with Heaven's Door and the poor little bastard just has no clue what's going on. This guy brought up with and deep in his own supernatural bullshit just has the tables completely turned on him by something he had no idea even existed.

Now that I think about, that story and that guys confusion is what I imagine it's like when some World of Darkness supernatural encounters a Mage for the first time.
>>
>>43591306
>Will Dio get bored of brutally slaughtering her while she just keeps on getting up, flashing a patient, caring smile, and then asking Dio if he would like to sit down and talk about what is bothering him?
>Because if he won't get bored of that, then no, she can't beat them.
You forget about Dio's absolutely ridiculous charisma.

If she's willing to talk to him she's already lost.
>>
>>43598273
You would be a cannon fodder to him. He would just kill you for his amusement.
Guy literally stops time. Unless you have ability to stop time too - you die.
>>
>>43598440
Isn't there a range on that though?
>>
>>43598386
Yep. She'll sick his.. Wait.. HE will just suck her blood. Keeping her as a food - and knowing dio - he will treat her well as long as she obeys.
>>
>>43598460
The range is how far he can travel in the span of around four or five seconds
>>
>>43598460
No. Dio stops the entire world. It only lasts for a few seconds (for Dio, while everyone else is frozen) before it starts again, and he can't use it again immediately.
>>
>>43598460
Range? No. And even of there was - he can stop time before any ranged attack hits him and just move out of the way.

He is limited by for how long he can stop time - and it only matters vs other people who stop time.
Because there is no 'cooldown'.
>>
>>43594967
To be fair, his body wasn't completely 100% his own at that point. And by the time he could possibly do it; he could stop time for 9 whole seconds where Jotaro could only move for a second.
>>
>>43598273
If you can get at his head, you have a good chance.

The problem is, you can't see The World and have no way of doing so. It's as strong as you, if not stronger, faster and has reflexes on par with Star Platinum, the thing that beat it.

That time stop is a problem, too, because you're absolutely helpless during it. He can walk right up and rip your head off.
>>
>>43589966
Thing about time-manipulators is, so long as they can't see you, you're golden.

My PC can throw his axes for miles at great force with the eyes of a hawk, perks of being a demi-god.

If the first axe doesn't work, the second will, if the second one doesn't work, the car will.
>>
>>43598519
>>43598490
Well which is it, is there a cooldown or no?
>>
>>43597924

Oh shit, I was trying to remember the name of that movie just the other day. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>43598862
The only problem you've got his advanced reflexes. The World has reflexes on par with Star Platinum, it can catch those axes.

And if an axe hit, it has to be the head or it's a waste. And then he knows you're there and this guy can stop time and there's basically nothing you can do about it unless you too can stop time.

And even then you can't see The World, so he's got that if he gets close.
>>
>>43598862
The World is about as precise and strong as Star Platinum, your axes wouldn't do shit, your car wouldn't do shit.
>>
>>43598862
That's part of the reason dio's usually inside
>>
>>43598960
Dio can stop time for a maximum of 9 seconds in the manga/anime. Doesn't seem like much, but its devastating because he knows what he's doing. If he hadn't been defeated, he'd eventually be able to stop it indefinitely.

When time does start again, he has wait for a minute or so, but he can do right back and do it again because of his vampire stamina.

There's no real gauged 'cooldown' as much as he probably needs a breather or to re-focus - if he was in the zone, he could probably just stop time again the second is restarted.

Basically, yes, there is a slight cooldown.
>>
>>43599108
It's also worth noting that the length of time he can stop is always increasing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQP5jktm0GQ
>>
>>43599041
Stands are pretty tricky.
Olaf has fought spirits before, but obviously stands are a little more tricky than that.

I suppose in a hand to hand it may be even, but mind you in the system Demi-gods have herculean strength.

It's the time manipulation that gets me though, but it does have it's limits thankfully, it's just enduring whatever he dishes out.
Aaaand because of a certain perk, the more beat-up Olaf gets the stronger he gets.

If you're curious on system, it's Scion by White wolf.
Olaf is one of the sons of thor.
>>
>important question, when Dio/The World stops time, does it happen instantly everywhere, or does a field emanate from him at a high speed?

IDK about "current" character because I'm GMing, so I'll pick a couple that stand the best chance.

My first character is a batman archetype, with the addition of "shadow" based superpowers that function similar to Spawns Shroud. They can also allow very short range teleportation and gaseous intangibility.
Like many batman styled heroes, the biggest question is if he has time to plan. Figuring out that Dio wields some sort of invisible power wouldn't be hard. Knowing that it's a punch-ghost and not telekinesis probable isn't possible, but might not matter. I don't know if a Stand can be hurt by something that isn't also a Stand.
Figuring out that he is a vampire would be critical to success. My best option would be to get a bunch of lamps that mimic sunlight, or attack him during the day. Use my shadow manipulation to create areas of unnatural shadow where he thinks is safe from the light, and move him toward a kill-zone. If I can figure out that his Telekinesis (actually his Stand) has a limited range, then I can try and stay at a distance, using automated turret weapons, and missiles to harass him.
While insubstantial I'm also hurt by sunlight. I might be able to use that to trick him. Letting him "discover" our shared weakness, and then trick him into a position where he thinks there is no light.
If he gets into close range, then hopefully my reaction speed is faster than his, and I turn insubstantial while time is stopped.
Because my character is grim-dark, I'm functionally immune to his charisma.
If he time stops me while I'm solid, then I'm fucked.
If I don't have time to study him and make the first move, then I'm fucked.
>>
>>43599219
The thing about a Stand is unless you have one, you can't see it unless it's bound to a physical object, which unofrtunately The World is not.

Hand to Hand, good chance if you can hit his head, but you've got Dio's own superhuman strength and regeneration ability coupled with an invisible ghost as strong and fast as you are. That's the one thing that will get you more than time stop - you can't even see The World's attacks coming.

And even if Olaf gets stronger the more he gets hurt, Dio can just stop time and rip your head off.
>>
>>43599361
>Because my character is grim-dark, I'm functionally immune to his charisma.
You say that like he doesn't specialize in recruiting grimdark.
>>
>>43599412
I'm assuming that Dio, as a vampire and a murderer, is obviously a villain. He's not going to be able to distract me with cunning banter, and can't appeal to me personally because of my sense of 'JUSTICE'
>>
>>43589966
Dio can only stop time.

He stands no chance against my Psion who's entire power-set is based around manipulating time.

Dio stops time, and Psion responds by booting him completely out of the timeline.
>>
>>43599361
>I don't know if a Stand can be hurt by something that isn't also a Stand.

It can't, Stands are immune to anything that isn't another Stand, so he has an invisible, invincible superhuman punching machine on hand.

Don't forget Dio isn't a brute either, he's smart and will study you, too, as the fight goes in. He'll react to you. Go intangible before he stops time? He'll surround you with knives or drop a steam roller on you and you won't even see it coming.

His reflexes as a vampire are absurd and The World's are even crazier.

Also, he did recruit an evil baby and a SWORD to work for him, so don't count it out. He can jam a flesh bud in your head to mind control you.
>>
>>43599509
Only if you can move in his stopped time, or if you're even aware in it.
>>
>>43599534
The intangibility doesn't have a time limit. So there's no reason why I couldn't wait for time to unfreeze and all the kunai and steamrollers to pass through me. Then I can use short distance teleportation to get out of his reach. Otherwise I'm stuck where I am, because I can't physically interact with anything. But it's already been established that his time stops has breaks in between.

Does it ever show him dodging bullets? As a references to how fast he is.

As a vampire, is he familiar with the modern world, or was he asleep during the industrial, and computer ages?
>>
>>43599673
Not him, but Star Platinum, which is about as strong and fast as The World, can deflect machine-gun fire.
>>
>>43599673

His stand is identical to Star Platinum, which catches a bullet in the first episode.
>>
>>43599361
> and I turn insubstantial while time is stopped
You what nigger
>>
>>43599471
The problem is this kind of person is EXACTLY the kind of person Dio attracts the most. His greatest follower, Enrico Pucci, was a priest TRULY devoted to justice and a "perfect world". DIO is fast enough to catch a bullet fired from a gun extremely close to him (thanks to The World reflexes), Stands can't be touched by anything that's not a Stand, (nor seen)

When he stops time, it happens instantly everywhere. However, the anime gave it a visual effect where there is this "pulse" coming out of his body. However, both his and Jotaro's time stop abilities are immediate.

The only character i played that i think would have a chance against DIO is Araya, a character from a JoJo game i played a few months ago. His stand ability was to "transfer" death to a random person that is in his area of effect. His stand, Slayer, was strong, but definetely slower than The World. He would be able to survive as long, and, if he is lucky, his ability would end up killing Dio. However, if Dio manages to kill him in a desert area (his AoE is approximately 1km2), there would be no one to transfer his death to, and he would die. And, if he was fighting with any allie inside his AoE nd he accidentaly killed them, he would probably give up.

The fact that he had a "follower" personality, being unable to act properly without a leading figure in his life also menas that Dio wouldn't need to fight him, however.

Shit.
>>
>>43599673
>>43599690

Star Platinum is actually a littl bit slower than The World, and he managed to catch a bullet fired from a few centimeters of Jotaro's head.

And Dio's training with The Worlds actually showed him catching lot's of bullets.
>>
>>43599673
>Does it ever show him dodging bullets? As a references to how fast he is.
I think he just tanks gunfire, but his Stand is able to keep up with Star Platinum, which is fast enough to catch bullets between its fingers.

Actually, there was one time that someone held a gun to the back of Dio's head and pulled the trigger, and he stopped time and appeared behind the shooter. Though he probably knew that the guy was doing that, so he wasn't totally off guard.

>As a vampire, is he familiar with the modern world, or was he asleep during the industrial, and computer ages?
As a rough timeline, Dio's mortal life began in the 1860s; he was vampirized around the age of 20, then he was defeated and went into hibernation to recover. He woke up around 1987 and was killed about a month later. He didn't seem to have much trouble adapting to the modern world, but I don't think they actually showed much of that. At one point he psychically projected his image onto a TV screen when he sensed someone else using it to scry on him, but it's not entirely clear how that power of his works.
>>
>>43599729
>>43599767

Slight correction: The World caught every pellet of a birdshot round fired at him. There was a good 40 or so of those fuckers.
>>
>>43599729
>Stands can't be touched by anything that's not a Stand, (nor seen)
Actually, that's not entirely descriptive. Stands are basically ghosts, except instead of the souls of the dead, they're psychic projections of the living. So I'd assume that anything that could see or harm immaterial spirits would work on a Stand; you wouldn't really need to have the exact same sort of power.
>>
>>43599881
Nah, they're not ghosts. I mean, it has been outright said that only stands ca touch stands, and there ARE ghosts in JoJo.
>>
>>43599723
Meaning, before he stops time, I turn insubstantial. Knowing that he can only stop it for a limited period, with breaks in between.

>>43599700
>>43599690
>>43599767

So, still strictly possible that very fast rounds, (perhaps in excess of 3,500 fps) fired from rifles at multiple angles could get through the Stands reflexes. Unless it can literally be in two places at once. The goal is not to hurt him necessary with bullets, but to provide distraction, keeping his Stand busy until an opening is available. If it is fast enough to intercept rifle fire from multiple angles, then I'll have to try something faster like electricity, or microwaves.

How would Dios own body fare against something like an artillery shell? What about concentrated microwaves to his whole body?
>>
>>43599808
>He woke up around 1987 and was killed about a month later

I'm pretty sure he woke up four years before and learned about Stands, met Pucci and recruited all those people.

I think Dio's pretty au fait with the modern world, but arrogant.
>>
>>43599935
Exactly. Stands are their own thing.
>>
>>43599954
An artillery shell would certainly fuck him up, but he's tough and would know it's coming.
>>
>>43599808
>>43599976
Well, I don't know exactly how advanced certain technologies were in in 1987. I'm assuming I have access to 2015 computers. Relying on the fact that a modern radar can track something the size of a bumblebee moving at 2,000 mph. I wouldn't try to personally aim a rpg at him.
>>
>>43599954
The problem is, you never know WHEN he is going to stop time. The fact that he can basically fly and stop time suddenly is a big problem. There is also the fact that if we're talking about Dio AFTER sucking Joseph's blood and finally managing to sync with Jonathan's body, he can stop time for longer each time he stops time, and probably has access to all his vampire powers again, and loses the whole head weakness (Jotaro only managed to kill him because he destroyed The World, if i remember it well)
>>
>>43600005
At the end of part 4 ghosts touch a Stand. Then again, the Stand was also a ghost at the time.
>>
My character would get wrecked by his charisma and join him.
>>
>>43600042
How do you propose he would know it's coming?
I will guess then that he also isn't immune to something like electricity or microwave radiation.
I read that when someone is injured their Stand is also injured. so If I gave him a serious injury, would his Stand become less combat effective? Or does it function at peak ability regardless of injury or pain. Assuming he doesn't instantly drink someones blood and regenerate.
>>
File: KarsExposed.png (1 MB, 1276x718) Image search: [Google]
KarsExposed.png
1 MB, 1276x718
So... How would your characters fare against Ultimate Kars?
And actually, i just realized Kira is the easiest JoJo main villain to kill.
>>
>>43589966
My character has a coat that can pull out anything he's touched that will fit through the opening in the coat, has an hourglass that renders him immune to changes in time (erasing, copying, stopping, fast forwarding, and gives him a ripple proof memory if the past is changed) has fought a vampire that is roughly on Arcueid's level and narrowly won because he's smart, cunning, knows vampire weakness' and plans ahead despite being a normal person aside from the coat and a preternatural ability to use ANYTHING as a weapon...

i think Linus has this
>>
>level 2 rogue with a focus on nonlethal combat

My character's two saving graces would be a completely unimpressive bloodline so as not to be an enticing target, and a high stealth score. If any of that fails then yeah she's fucked good and proper.
>>
Who is the strongest Touhou character your own character could stand a 50/50 chance of beating in a danmaku duel?

In a no-holds-barred duel?
>>
>>43598031
>Well, Dio's actually a pretty smart guy. In most scenes before the big fight, we see him reading a book.

Why the fuck did this make me laugh so hard
>>
>>43600088
Yeah. Kira was dead by that point, and so was his stand.
>>43600126
Against Ultimate Kars there is only one solution: dumb luck.
>>
>>43599558
I'm a temporal constant and immune to any temporal fuckery. Plus I can move forward and backward in time in addition to stopping time.

Dio just has nothing on him.
>>
>>43600131
>despite being a normal person aside from
>fought someone on Arcueids level
So either you don't understand how strong Arc is or your GM doesn't.
>>
>>43600377

He still has a superstrong punchghost and his own vampiric powers. Stopping time is just a bonus fuck-you that his Stand handed him.
>>
>>43600680
Granted, though if anything looks bad, my Psion can pull out his own time stop bullshit, or in the worst case scenario, just run back in time 50 or so years(not forward since Dio's a vampire and would likely still be alive and waiting for him) and come up with another plan, like stabbing Dio's grandfather before he has kids.
>>
>>43589966
Yea. Being Exalted, Shaping defence stops his timestop shenanigans flat out. (TAW Lunar, apply once, gain mutation with immunity to timestop.)
Then it's just kicking each others ass whilst demolishing the town.

Then I'm going eat his heart and steal the Stand. Mostly for shits and giggles.
>>
File: tetsuo.jpg (43 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo.jpg
43 KB, 852x480
>>43589966
Does...
Does just straight up telekinesis interact with stands?
Because my character could almost certainly annihilate a vampire, even one that could timestop occasionally. But he's not really resilient enough to survive getting punched right in the sweetbreads by an incredibly large man for long.
>>
>>43600712
>50 years
You'd have to deal with someone even STRONGER than dio then
>>
>>43592111
>>43602411
Valentine: one blow kill works.
Diavolo: I'm already packing "no timefuckery" from Dio.

>>43600126
Eternal battle of identical characters.
>>
>>43602679
Stands are TK in Jojos. So probably. You'd probably even get a stand.
>>
>>43602819
I am afraid his power set can't be summed up by any song title that I know of.
>>
>>43602725
Wouldn't D4C just jump to a different Valentine and give him all of Valentine Prime's memories if Valentine dies?
>>
>>43603004
yes
>>
>>43602933
you probably just don't know enough music, describe them
>>
>>43603004
Kill the Stand, duh.
>>
>>43603028
uh, large telekinesis. You know, force fields and flying around and throwing shit with your brain and MIND BULLETS.
I don't know much music.
>>
>>43602933
That's fine, the songs never have anything to do with the power anyway. Tell me what Superfly has to do with being a giant radio tower that traps people inside and deflects attacks, for instance.
>>
>>43589966
Maybe.
If he can somehow trick Dio into attacking with his Stand while time is moving, sneak up on him, or get close enough for a surpise attack.
My most recently-made character's Stand is named Silverline, a chain that's you guess it, made of silver. He can make it have sharp edges on one side like a razor, use it to channel Hamon, and generally act like Joseph Joestar except weaker.
>>
>>43603049
how about mind = spun by animals as leaders
>>
>>43603084
The radio tower in part 4 was Superfly and the murderous beetle in part 3 was Tower of Gray.
>>
>>43603103
as per
>>43603084
's standard explanation, it's more than fine.
>>
>>43603106
Okay then. Tell me what Earth, Wind, and Fire has to do with shapeshifting or The Clash has to do with being a shark that can teleport through liquid
>>
>>43603153
Earth Wind and Fire might not have even been a Stand.

The Clash because shut up.
>>
>>43603039
Yeah, cause I mean D4C was just constantly flying around where he could be hit... oh wait no, Valentine mostly fought using his powers to bring in other version of himself to fight instead.

D4C only showed itself when it was either safe to or absolutely necessary to save Valentines life. And Valentine could use its power without having to manifest D4C.
>>
My most recent character is from Mystic Empyrean, and is thus almost entirely unkillable, and has a host of strong powers at their disposal. Still, they're a fledgling Eidolon, so they probably can't actually kill Dio, even if they could probably percieve anything that happened in Timestop (infinite eyes says Perceive everything, so probably includes Timestop). And, if they met without being fighters, Dio could probably talk him (insecure is one of his traits he gets power from) into violating one of his Creeds, which is a bigger injury than actually destroying his body.
My other character was based heavily off of Giorno, so he probably could manage it by out-shenanigansing Dio. His power is giving inanimate objects life, on top of being nearly as persuasive as Dio. he'd figure out something.
>>
>>43603217
Okay then, plan B.
Eat a Valentine, become a Valentine, kill the holder, jack the stand.
>>
>>43603240
Plan C: invite my Sidereal friend, Valentine is a now a duck with attached Stand.
>>
>>43603240
If that Valentines life was in mortal danger D4C would transport to another dimensions Valentine and bring that one into the main world. There's only one D4C but infinite Valentines, and when one dies another inherits D4C, and it's D4C's own will that does this.
>>
>>43603272
Alright, how about just putting the guy into a coma?
>>
>>43597562
Yea proboly not, this is Dio were talking about here, the fucker has to have a mind of steel.

As for my vtm char, if i'm lucky I can survive long enough to turn to mist and fuck off. ts not impossible I have max fort and stamina. If i can at least strike a convo or at least not pose a threat enough to get timestopped I should be good. As for killing him I highly fucking doubt it.
>>
>>43598273
Probboly not, He can rewire your brain physically, and as other anons mentioned he has perfect timestop with practically no cost to him self.

His other feats include
>Raising the dead, then turning them into vampires
>Shooting blood lasers from his eyes
>Instantly freezing people on contact
>Surviving getting his head cut in half vertically in mid combat
>Surviving being impaled on a statue in the middle of a burning manor
>Survived getting his head crushed in
>Survived getting his head stabbed through
>Survived on the bottom of the sea for decades as a head
>Survived getting his head cut off
>Discovered a way to reset the universe, His plan succeeded without him being alive
>Set up a International organization in a few years
>Can fly
>Can lift a road roller from a construction sight then fly to the middle of a bridge to drop it on an opponent, all under 12 seconds

He is also incredibly cautious and observant, and takes little to no risks
>>
>>43589966
I'm trying to figure out what the hell he is wearing.
>>
>>43603302
His stand will still go and grab a new one
>>
>>43600126
I'm probably fucked and need some kind of miracle.
>>
>>43600126
kars is way, way, way easier to deal with for my character than dio.
less reality bending, more PURE FIGHT.
>>
>>43603878
Dio's body can be destroyed. Kars will just morph new everything if injured. Pillarmen doesn't die even when blown to pieces. Their primary weakness was the sun and Kars doesn't have that weakness.
>>
>>43603897
Kars isn't completely invulnerable. He almost dies when he was dunked in magma, but he managed to do some clever shapeshifting that let him survive for a few seconds.
>>
>>43603923
And he crawled out of it without injuries because apparently he can regenerate combusted tissue. You would probably have to drop a nuke on him to make sure he dies.
>>
>>43603803
>sleeveless black bodysuit
>yellow chaps held up with green suspenders
>yellow jacket
>pointy-ass keebler elf boots
>>
>>43603721
I dunno, DIO fucking loves time stop. He does it just to dick with people every now and again.
>>
>Anima
Depends
>Alone at level 5
No way, dio is level 8-10 (Alucard is level 6+6 monster levels, I guess dio is a bit less)
>Leveling up to his level
Ayyy. Poor little vampire gunna get shrek'd
>>
>>43604050
>Dio carrying Polnareff to the bottom of the stairs and quickly scuttling back up to the top before time resumes
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 743x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 743x495
Come to think about it, how would he fare against Dio?

Before you mention 20 minutes, I don't recall Dio rewinding time either
>>
>>43604137
There's not a lot of scenes that actually get funnier when you think about them
>>
>>43592111
>nice trips
How does somebody beat King Krimson without specifically being immune to it? Because it's not like Diavolo can't see the future and cherry pick King Krimson's activation.
>>
>>43604190
nox wins.
He can move in the frozen time way, way, way, WAY longer.
>>
>>43600125
He regenerates very fast.
And could stop time anyways.
>>
>>43600391
Both I guess.
>>
>>43602709
Oh boy, he has no idea what he is getting in.
>>
My current character? She's a high schooler with a non-combat persona, she doesn't stand a chance.
My previous character is, by the end of the campaign, an immortal god-level saiyan. She'd pulverize him.
>>
>>43603099
Anand Joseph got obliterated in matter of seconds.
>>
>>43604361
>First time in the entirety of part 3 that Joseph actually uses his stand in a smart manner
>Gets shit on instantly
>>
>>43589966
Of my current characters, one is a little old party face who was forcibly put through the captain america treatment by GM fiat.
Not a chance.

Neve R. Moor, Kenku Konjurer Ekstraordinaire, wizard/incantrix, who specializes in creating armies of summons and mass buffing everyone, and then mass mirror imaging them.
A fight with Dio would depend on who knows more ab out the other, and who enters the fight prepared. I doubt ten seconds of frozen time is enough to hit me among my 20+ Nerra summons (Which look like me), all of which have 4+ illusionary doubles.

The most likely to win character of mine would be Caestail, a half-undead supertanky monster hunter. Literally just fucking stomp up to the bitch through the waves of knives and fists, ignoring the vast amounts of bodily damage and ignoring any knockback by sheer force of will, and stab him repeatedly. Good chance of stalemate, if I remember how durable he is.
>>
>>43604224
So can a lot of other creatures. Nox's time stop effects seemingly aren't as absolute as Dio's; it seems like anyone with enough power can move during them.
>>
File: Hontō_no_Yume.png (1 MB, 1917x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hontō_no_Yume.png
1 MB, 1917x1080
Could your character possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him.

And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedō Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedō Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedō Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedō Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.
>>
>>43604458
My party actually killed him recently as a joke boss. Granted, he only had his actual powers (Rinnegan, Sharingan, Mokuton, etc) and 10 in every stat, but he gave us a good fight nonetheless.
>>
File: 864151208.png (422 KB, 633x476) Image search: [Google]
864151208.png
422 KB, 633x476
My current character would get wrecked without any chance of surviving. It's just a kid with a Persona.

My last character was an immortal super-powered battery of Not-Getter Rays that could tear the timestream appart by going berserk. I don't think time stop would work here, simply because she can jump between timelines/alternate universes and tear them to shreds fairly easily. That, and she's a Mecha pilot using a mech that's halfway through being an eldritch abomination.
>>
File: tumblr_n7rwtbXmnZ1r2svuro1_500.jpg (104 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7rwtbXmnZ1r2svuro1_500.jpg
104 KB, 500x750
Dio can beat me any day.
>>
>>43600192
No.

>>43602411
The only way you could fuck him up ore with an exalt is to b e a solar and just utterly erase him with your aura maxed.

>>43603230
Fairly certain an Eidolon could directly interact with The world, so you could potentially win by killing it (And thus Dio) if you are strong enough.

>>43604190
sweet. Nox drains him for waqfu. Maybe he will find a stand that can give him enough one day. Like D4C.
>>43604417
It should be noted that Neve would be more likely to join him than fight him, and if it did come to a fight it could potentially devolve into the two of them trolling the fuck out of each other.

On the other hand, with further study it seems even more likely Caestail could finish the fight; its absurdly hard to put her down, she can and has ignored having her head cut off, and incapacitating her is still only temporary. That combined with a permanent true sight affect that allows her to see reality as it really is, and a blade that can hit anything and harm anything, (Though not incredibly more effectively than a normal sword, really, just ignored immunities + some magic damage) would really bring it to whether she can do enough damage to The World to kill him.
>>
>>43604219
Yeaah, it's pretty hard to beat KC. Giorno had to use his supreme Deus Ex Machina, aka, Requiem.

>>43603830
There's also the fact that Valentine is ridiculously effective when attacking. Hell, if he uses D4C to grab you from another dimension and you accidentaly touch it, you will be turned into a bunch of merger sponges before being obliterated. Seriously, his weaponized "dimension hop" is all he needs to wreck you up. You touch your other self, it's over. While he'll be ganging up on you by summoning other Valentines.
>>
>>43589966
At my current level, probably not. My character is able to negate up to 280 damage per fight and halve all damage she does takes (psionic shenanigans), but I'm fairly sure Dio is able to dish out more damage than that, and I can't really do much to hurt him.
I can maybe escape the fight alive by avoiding it entirely if I cheat with Forced Dream, but that wouldn't be defeating him.

>>43597644
There's actually a very popular one called D&D 3.5
>>
>>43604821
>Hell, if he uses D4C to grab you from another dimension and you accidentaly touch it, you will be turned into a bunch of merger sponges before being obliterated.
For Exalted, no, anti-shaping stops that as well.
>>
>>43604458
If a ninja in an orange jumpsuit could, then my character sure as hell can.
>>
>>43604414
Sadly. Joseph was awesome in Part2.
>>
>>43599361
>a bunch of lamps that mimic sunlight
Easy enough in the JoJo universe. The Pillar Men could be held using UV lamps.
>>
>>43589966
No current character, so we'll go with the most recent ones.

>really low level Adept
...he gets pasted by vampire Dio, and ordinary human Dio could give him a run for his money. The World is just overkill.
>IntSec plant
He probably gets pasted by vampire Dio (although he might survive if R&D do their usual "useless except in very specific circumstances, if it isn't broken or has something else wrong with it" thing and give him a sunlight bomb), but The World, once again, is overkill.
>Xurunt Frost Father
...yeah, no. Dio looks at his frenzy and just goes "trololololol". That's if the magic moving bullshit doesn't send him screaming out of the arena of combat in sheer terror at the witchcraft.
>>
>>43604351
Can said immortal god-level saiyan STOP TIME? Because, seriously, the hardest thing about dealing with The World is the whole "stop time" thing.
>>
File: dnd 3.5.png (61 KB, 1907x211) Image search: [Google]
dnd 3.5.png
61 KB, 1907x211
>>43604458
severely underrated post

capped for future use
>>
>can stop time whenever he likes
>heavy weapons space slug
Yeah, I'm fucked, all my guns need time to actually hit. My only chance is if he underestimates exactly how hard I am to kill and then lets time flow back. Bonus points if he actually physically checks to see how dead I am, because then it's time for an industrial tool to the face.

Or if developing Force sensitivity lets me counter Stand power somehow
>>
If high level Shadowrun counterspelling can reduce/negate the effect of Stands on her?

She'd give him a run for his money at least. Very experienced Mystic Adept (Almost entirely adept) with a damn lot of skill at counterspelling and bladework.

If it can't be affected by counterspelling she's fucked. She's more evasive than tough.
>>
>>43589966

My last character is a Dark Angel Devastator marine from the Deathwatch with a preference for heavy bolters, so the fight would probably only lasts because he is tough as fuck. Dio would certainly have to be at least careful when approaching him, but ultimately I think he would lose.
>>
>>43604050
As long As he doesnt kill me in that time frame i'm good. Seeing as it takes me 2 turns which is 30 seconds its not a long period I have to survive for.

Thank god he would probably instantly tell i'm a vampire and have no stand so he wont insta gib me incase I have hamon
>>
>>43590219
So one of your co-players made Shithead from Wanted?
>>
File: this now pleases me.jpg (42 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
this now pleases me.jpg
42 KB, 600x433
depends on the game

>dark heresy: slutty assasin called Vainilla
no
>DnD5: a drunk chaotic evil perverted bard from "not russia"
No
>Star Wars: Senator Armstrom expy: a ripped as fuck politician
no
>Vampire the mascarade: a stereotypical brujah that deals aggravated damage with her fists
maybe, depends on who gets initiative first
>Dungeons the Dragoning 40k: a dullahan paladin of Sigmar with a simbiotic alien in her body with a plate armor and a demonic sword that bends reality
open your ass, Dio
>>
>>43603772
>He is also incredibly cautious and observant, and takes little to no risks
hilariously enough, had he been less cautious he wouldn't have been ambushed by polnareff and he would have killed jotaro
>>
>>43605277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U
>>
>>43605098
High tier DBZ characters are too invulnerable for DIO to do anything to them even while timestopped.
When they realize the fight is on and are at the moment not timestopped, Dio is atomized.
>>
>>43605286
To be fair neither side was expecting polnareff there, and Dio still handled that situation well after getting his head crushed and stabbed through.
>>
>>43605167
Actually, wouldn't a space marine be an enormous threat for someone as Dio? I mean, they ARE fucking OP.
>>
>>43605269
Yes. Yes he is playing as an anti hero.
>>
>>43605446
The average Space Marine isn't as strong or as tough as a Jojo vampire, and their enhanced reflexes will only partially close the gap against someone like Dio. However, heavy bolter round might be a nasty surprise for him; I believe they're significantly faster than a modern bullet, and even if he manages to catch one, the fact that it explodes on impact is likely to catch him off guard.
>>
>>43605502
They explode slightly after impact, but even then, stopping time is a giant advantage.
>>
>>43605502
I think you're exaggerating just how powerful DIO is. He's way stronger/faster than a normal human, true, but when we get to shit like spess mehrens, I don't think he's all that impressive.

The vampires' true strength doesn't lie in brute force, but their free control over their own body - which is something Part 3 dropped pretty much entirely in favor of ripped ghost Pokemon.
>>
>>43605339
Hell, Goku got shot clean through the heart in the new movie, and was only incapacitated, not dead. And he's not immortal.
>>
File: Czeslaw Meyer.jpg (370 KB, 700x626) Image search: [Google]
Czeslaw Meyer.jpg
370 KB, 700x626
>>43589966
No, but he cannot kill me.
>>
>>43605135
...is this the first time you've seen that pasta?
>>
>>43605585
Oh, he can. Over, and over, and over, and over. Forever.
>>
>>43600126
Ultimate Kars is unbeatable. The only way to win is to remove him from the arena permanently.

So, play Exalted and send him to Elsewhere.
>>
>>43605595
He'll get bored after the first trillion times.
>>
>>43600712
Dio became a vampire in like the 1870s. If you're fighting him when he has The World, you're starting in the 1980s. 50 years ain't gonna do much.
>>
>>43605623
Well, he was in a coffin on the sea bed in the 30s. However, there's the Pillar Men.
>>
>>43605149
The Force is pretty much straight-up telekinesis, so it probably works against Stands.

Precognition may be able to tell you what he's going to do during frozen time.
>>
>>43605657
That makes me think, can someone who can see the future see what's happening within the frozen time? Because it's not really part of the future is it? Like the future is happening, but The World makes it so the future isn't happening for a little bit. Then the future starts happening again.
>>
>>43605706
Would someone capable of seeing into the future understand how King Crimson works?
>>
>Acrobatic warrior with a couple of Ki powers and Inhuman acrobatic ability
probably not

>Veteran Psyker who's got a Psy rating of 8 and mastered Biomancy and Pyromancy
depends if he can get his buffs up first. Even then, he'd probably lose, but it would look flashy at least.

>Cockney thief displaced out of time
definitely not.

What are the limits of The World anyway? It stops time for like...8 seconds or something, i know that much, but how often can it be used? Are there limits to how things can be moved in the stopped time? Is there a radius, or does the whole universe stop?
>>
>>43605726
King Crimson changes the future, so that's debatable. Does their future sight allow them to see what would normally happen, or what will happen taking KC's abilities into account?
>>
>>43605748
It stops everything, but Dio can only move so far in eight seconds.
>>
>>43605759
Considering how KC works, probably the former.
>>
>>43605748

Whole universe stops, no limits on moving things (dude drops a steamroller on a guy during the timestop) and he seems to be able to cast it every few seconds based on the scene where he trolls Polnareff. Even in-series people consider it OP as fuck.
>>
>>43605790
>the scene where he trolls Polnareff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQP5jktm0GQ
>>
>Superhero who's the "superman" of his universe, with invulnerability, super strength, speed, and regeneration and a very slow form of ressurection

I mean he can't do shit to stop The World, but I reckon he could Soldier through it and beat him as hard as he can through time stops.

He "killed" death once, so I'm pretty sure this guy won't be too much trouble.
>>
>>43589966

Well, I suppose we could-

-DIO! Impossibiru!
>>
>>43598031
>only way to properly hurt him is go for the head
Jonathan literally split him in two vertically, scalp-first and Dio didn't even give a shit
>>
>>43603772
Hold the fucking phone, when the hell did he fly?
>>
My current character is carrying a ring that keeps vampires from being affected by sunlight or running water.

Are you TRYING to make Dio unstoppable?
>>
File: 1.jpg (820 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
820 KB, 1060x1500
>>43605913
When he went Super Saiyan.
>>
>>43599673
They're not kunai, they're just regular knives.
Dio's British, not wapanese
>>
File: 2.jpg (810 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
810 KB, 1060x1500
>>43606056
Regular STEAK knives. Seriously, he just grabs a handful from a table.
>>
>>43606028
>>43606067
I am mildly surprised to find out that turning The World into a hot chick doesn't make it any less silly-looking.
>>
My current character is actually immune to time stopping due to a combination of ridiculous strength and being too full of himself to notice unimportant things such as the passage of time or poor people.

So he might fair okay. Level 5 AD&D Cavalier.
The man is a literal meatgrinder in combat.
He can also turn into a ghost and then turn undead as a level 8 cleric (it's a weird campaign).
So Dio is probably gonna have a run for his money.
h
>>
>>43605549
>Pokemon
don't be stupid Anon

it's clearly Digimon
>>
>>43598273
The only things that can actually kill him are:
>Destroying his brain
>Sunlight
>Ripple energy

JoJo vampires have good enough regenerative abilities that they can survive being blown to bits by an entire bandolier of grenades.

On top of that, DIO is very smart, strong, and agile, and once you get to the point that you no longer amuse him, he'll just freeze time and throw a metric fuckton of knives at you or just drop a road roller on your head.
>>
>>43604452
Nox generally doesn't actually stop time, though, just slows it way down, The World does actually halt it entirely, if only for a few seconds. That said, my money's still on Nox
>>
File: hp2[1].jpg (125 KB, 682x543) Image search: [Google]
hp2[1].jpg
125 KB, 682x543
>>43589966
I have a better question: Can Dio Brando beat Hostess Fruit Pies?
>>
>>43597497
>tfw your character is literally one of the extras DIO swats into a red paste on the street car in the OVA

>>43604219
It's possible to bypass it with brute force. Basically, you need an attack that has a sustained duration rather than taking place in an instant, that lasts longer than the maximum time King Crimson can erase, covers a large enough area that Diavolo can't just escape it in the erased time or dodge it with Epitaph, and continues to harm him after a moment's exposure.

There are a couple Stands that could meet this criteria; Magician's Red and Purple Haze come to mind. Actually, Purple Haze would've been the perfect Stand for fighting Diavolo.
>>
>>43606548
>Actually, Purple Haze would've been the perfect Stand for fighting Diavolo.
And now you know why that guy vanished from the story.
>>
>>43605726
Someone reading the manga doesn't understand how King Crimson works.
>>
>>43606578
Jesus Fucking Christ, Fugo was such a little bitch.

Also: I honestly think D4C is more dangerous than The World. He summons you from another dimensions = OHKO.
And there's also Pucci's Made in Heaven/C-Moon/Whitesnake

On the good guys side there's Heavens Door and Soft & Wet. If any bubble from Soft & Wet touches you, he's able to take any trace or characteristic from you, like your vision, your strength or anything, really. Soft & Wet is broken as fuck, actually.
>>
>>43606708
>your strength or anything, really

If Josuke could do that he would have done so already. I'm pretty sure he can't steal metaphysical quantities.
>>
>>43605888
I think anon's talking about when Jotaro caved his skull in and he got all disoriented and had trouble moving for a few seconds. And in that scene, he did talk about Polnareff almost "scrambling his brains" like it was a real threat. I think Jonathan was just unlucky enough that he divided Dio's brain into even hemispheres; a brain can function even with an entire hemisphere missing, as epilepsy treatments involving severing the corpus callosum have shown.
>>
>>43589966
>zombie girl in good enough condition to seem alive
>has fully operational internal organs, living person body temperature, yada yada
>has enough guns to give Doomguy a run for his money
It depends on whether or not Dio is paying attention to a mere heavily-armed little girl. If he tries to vampire her, or notices that getting filled with knives doesn't stop her from moving, she's fucked. If he shanks her once in the heart and walks off, he's going to find himself in enough exploded bits that he won't be able to catch her before she flees, which is as close to a "victory" as one can get without convenient sunlight or the power of Hamon.
If it's the human ZA WARUDO Dio who showed up at the end of Steel Ball Run, that poor bastard won't even know what hit him.
>>
>>43606750
With regards to the clean separation of the hemispheres, you forget that Araki would need to know about that to have intended it to be that way.

Of course Araki changes his mind halfway through Parts all the time so I guess my point is moot
>>
>>43603049
Your Stand is clearly Wonderboy.
>>
>>43605888

He pushed the halves of his head back together pretty quickly, maybe that helped?

I think the vampire rules just changed between parts.
>>
>>43607036
Maybe because of the 'just a head' dealie. It's hard to tell.
>>
>>43606971
What is the secret of his power?
>>
>>43604458
Can someone please explain what all this moonspeak actually means?
>>
>>43606745
Strength isn't metaphysical, muscle strength is a measurable thing. How you phrase it in Araki Logic is another thing entirely.
>>
>>43607455
So he could take something like, say, lung capacity? Reduce it to 0?
>>
>>43607482
Probably. He took friction in the first fight he used it.
>>
>>43607404
Seems pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>43606857
Araki had some pretty obscure biological knowledge even back in Part 1, though. In the manga he actually provides an explanation for how Bruford's hair works using existing biological mechanisms found in plants, for example. And he'd just written Baoh. I find it feasible that he could've known about that, though it is indeed a moot point either way.
>>
>>43607648
Really? Huh.
>>
>>43607482
>>43607518
Yeah, i mean, he took: human sight, the water contained in ahuman body, sound, a cat's fur and friction. I'm pretty sure he CAN take your strength. As long as his bubbles touch you, he can take basically anything;
>>
>>43599509
So its Dirty Deeds Done Cheap pretty much.
>>
>>43604458
Oddly enough yes. His powers are 2. 1: "Ingore Bullshit," It effectively creates a space both consciously and unconsciously around him where the paranormal does not work, so no vampires, no magic, just boring mainline reality, and the second is Reality Enforcement, where he creates a realm of focused space which objective reality is a thing.

(He is a special agent for the US SF Anti Paranormal Operations force, so ironically he could kill Dio with his full powered suit and powers online since the World would fall apart if he got in his realm).
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.