[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k Civilian minis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1441575474201.jpg (155 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1441575474201.jpg
155 KB, 894x894
My next project is 40k civilians... They can be used as objectives, role playing pieces, or just to give your battlefield that nice "lived in" feel.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? which kits would you guys use?
>>
>>43589798
Wild West Exodus has a solid set of rules for civilians that I'd steal. Should be easy to adapt to 40k too. WWE uses D10, but you can just use D6 and a artillery dice to determine random movement.
As for which minis to use...

40k is a little tricky in that regard because it's IG and other human sized minis look grotesque compared to historical minis.
That aside I think you can find some Reaper Chronoscape pieces that could work, some Crooked Dice minis that could work too, but probably the most likely to work would imo be the Wargames Foundry Ranges and the Lead Adventure ones.
Since 40k is a huge setting you could also just use WHFB minis if you are playing a game set on a feudal world, but that depends on what you are going for.
Victoria Miniatures has a great range of Penal Legionnaires for Prison worlds. Warlord has some Woodland indians for Feral Deathworld kind of stuff.
Most commonly you'd probably want modern minis with some decorative elements which you can get by mixing the above mentioned first stuff with some bits for flavor.
Wargames Foundry's Landsknechts with bionic eyes and other 40k flavored details would look pretty good too I imagine.
>>
>>43589798
use the zombie kit

>cheap
>great quantity per box
>peasant weapons
They can easily be greenstuffed to look like poor imperial civilians
>>
File: Lord 4.jpg (104 KB, 761x457) Image search: [Google]
Lord 4.jpg
104 KB, 761x457
>>43589798

Colony 87 has some nice stuff
>>
>>43589798
GW used to make some models of like WHFB imperial citizens, I think there was like a merchant, and some nobles and shit. You could buy some of those, and some Necromunda/Mordhiem models from ebay. Then just slap some augmentics and stuff.
Empire Free Company, could also be used. Empire Battle Wizards could also be converted to make priests/acolytes/nobles/navigators
>>
>>43589798
OP, see if you can find bitz from the fantasy giant kit. They have a man running away that can be used as an Imperial citizen
http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/warhammer-giant-fleeing-man-p-5939
>>
File: Brothers-Grimm.jpg (88 KB, 553x600) Image search: [Google]
Brothers-Grimm.jpg
88 KB, 553x600
>malnourished servitor with lifeless "eyes" carrying a crate that looks far too heavy for him
>begging children
>begging veterans
>malnourished hobo dying in a corner
>>
>>43590159
>£35 for 6 dudes

Aaaahahahahahahahahahaha!
>>
>>43590159
The only info I can find about these is on the kickstarter page. Do they even have a store or something?
Apparently there isn't even a FB page or something. Doesn't look like you can order them if you weren't in on the kickstarter.
>>
>>43589798
Have a good look through Reaper Minis site - their tagging system is fairly good (you'll need it, they have a lot of minis).
>>
>>43589798

Hassle free miniatures has a number of good civilian type minis
>>
I've never seen a battlefield with civilians on it but it sounds immensely flavorful. Perhaps they could be huddled in buildings and randomly revealed when the building is entered, or maybe even a game master could control them. Neat

And frankly it seems like something that should be part of at least one official scenario
>>
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/460828.page

of interest
>>
File: citizenbox1.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
citizenbox1.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>43589798
Considering A good chunk of imperial design is just a straight lift of Judge Dredd, I highly recommend the Citizens of Mega City One from Mongoose
>>
>>43589798
Good thread OP. I've wondered about this too. I have seen some of the 'minis' from Heresy minis that might work as well if no else has already suggested it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.