[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I want to get into tabletop RPG's over the internet (mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Fragezeichenabaddon.jpg (150 KB, 748x680) Image search: [Google]
Fragezeichenabaddon.jpg
150 KB, 748x680
If I want to get into tabletop RPG's over the internet (mostly interested in Dark Heresy but open to anything), how should I get started?

I've been lurking /tg/ for the better part of a decade now, but never actually got into proper tabletop hobbies because money/space/uninterested friends.
>>
Find people to play with.
Hope they are ready to commit to a game.
Hope they aren't assholes.
Arrange a time to play.
Play.
>>
>>43587671

That's another problem.

I'm going overseas in a few months, to a country where I don't think there's nearly the same kind of interest in these things, and where there will be a sizable language barrier for at least a few months, probably longer.

As for finding people online, I don't know where to go. I have a friend or two that would be interested, but none of us have GM experience.

I'd ask if anyone here was planning on running a game, but I did that years ago, but for some reason it didn't work out, and I got the impression that it was bad form to just post here looking for a group to join.
>>
>>43587688
the kind of people who post on /tg/ looking for games to play are not going to be ones with a lot of experience or a lot of friends they can already play with, if you catch my drift. Sure, there's gamefinder threads, but pretty much everyone I've spoken to has been dissatisfied with the players found that way.

See if you can find a game on roll20 or something.
>>
>>43587688
What time zones are you in? I've been looking for a chance to replace one or two players.
>>
>>43587703

Well, OK. That's reasonable I guess, even if I think I'd be alright, I'm sure every insufferable newbie thinks that of themselves.
>>
>>43587728

Pacific Standard Time, shifting to EST in a few months.
>>
>>43587703
Despite how flakey /tg/ games are, roll20 is even worse in almost all aspects.
>>
>>43587728
>>43587741

Also, I have a more experienced friend who might be interested (he's played DH and other tabletop RPG's before), also PST.
>>
>>43587742
I've been lucky enough to find a group to play with in college, and we've all kind of stayed friends, so if I'm looking for player I already have a pool of people to ask, and they know other people they can recommend.

If you can swing this kind of arrangement, I would recommend it.
>>
>>43587741
With EST, we'd be starting at 07:00 on Saturdays, your time. Might be a little inconvenient for you.
>>
>>43587761

7AM?

Yeah, that's a bit early, but I could probably do it. Not so sure about my friend, I'd have to ask him.
>>
>>43587783
Post your Skype handle and we'll talk. It's a voice game, by the way.
>>
>>43587823

smultanius

Going to bed now though, we can talk tomorrow I guess.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.