[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's a good alignment system for my homebrew, /tg/? also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: niqqa.png (1 MB, 2000x696) Image search: [Google]
niqqa.png
1 MB, 2000x696
what's a good alignment system for my homebrew, /tg/? also alignments general
>>
Instead of shoehorning everything into 9 predefined categories why not have characters act according to their ideals/motivations?
>>
>>43586758
Try to play anything else besides dnd first.
>>
>>43586773
its designed to make young people question authority
>>
>>43586758
>selfless
>selfish
>dickhead
>not a dickhead
there you go
>>
>>43586758
World of Darkness did it right. Vice/Virtue and a Morality stat that changes based on supernatural template.
>>
>>43586773
>>43586936
I'm thinking of a system that rates how selfish, selfless, destructive, and protective you are and what your intentions are muh moral subjectivity

>>43586898
My first TTRPG was Rifts, actually.
>>
three stats- egoism/altruism, idealism/realism, and lawful/chaotic
>>
>>43586773
Because it isn't shoehorning if you aren't a retard. Half (if not all) of /tg/'s complaints about how alignments are objectively shit are because they use them wrong and in constrictive ways.
>>
File: nuclear throne alignments.png (12 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
nuclear throne alignments.png
12 KB, 510x510
>>43586758
>>
>>43586758
Is there a Cracker axis for this too?
>>
>>43586773

You can do that, just have Alignment follow actions, not the other way around.

All Alignment is really for is making some spells work or not work.

Also this: >>43587071
>>
>>43586758
Use MtG colours as inspiration.
>>
>>43588161
I actually like this idea, but wouldn't really know how to implement it...

I'm guessing it would be more like a point in between the colours + values rather than a selection of colours.
>>
File: 617px-Guilds_of_Ravnica.png (247 KB, 617x600) Image search: [Google]
617px-Guilds_of_Ravnica.png
247 KB, 617x600
>>43588399
Cross MtG (working off of the Ravnican guilds as basis for hybrids) with D&D Paladin flavour (4E excluded), cWoD True Faith and Fantasy Craft's Paths, add some of Star Wars Force and Paladin RPG to taste.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Guilds_of_Ravnica
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/True_Faith
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_side_of_the_Force#The_Four_Stages_of_the_dark_side
http://crngames.com/files/other/paladin.pdf

This system would have the following features:
*10 different 'alignments'
*A carrot & stick approach to role-playing as there would be no binary fail states so much as a progression from one alignment to the next AND a unified system of alignment non-exclusive to holy warriors.
*The farther one deviates from a "balanced" approach, the more conditions and restrictions apply, but at the same time one also becomes more powerful as a result
*Characters could be depicted as both a hybrid of two colours as well as a dot on a five-sided grid
*You may serve a deity or your primary colour itself. The choice is the character's to make, as deities are both emanating from and in charge of their primary colour and following something/having faith in it might bestow less restrictions in return for less power than following some/one/ who might represent similar values.

ANYWAYS, it's unlikely you'll read this and I'm probably way too tired to accurately judge the coherence/interestingness of my own drivel so I'll stop.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 800x800
Still the greatest system ever devised
>>
>not using the superior system

Lawful <-> Lawless
Selfless <-> Selfish
Virtuous (Deontological) <->Pragmatic (Consequentialist)
>>
>>43588582
It actually is.
>>43588818
>>43587004
These two are good too.
>>
>>43588818
Better version:
Orderly <-> Unlawful
Group-interested <-> Self-interested
Virtuous <-> Pragmatic
>>
>>43588818
>>43587004
These are good, yeah. I'd say the best terms would be.
Lawful - Unlawful (any other terms for this? Unlawful and Chaotic both have negative connotations)
Altriusim - Egoism
Idealism - Realism
Virtuous - Pragmatic

The difference between the last two axis is that virtue and pragmatism are both only means to an ends, and these ends depend entirely on whether you are are an idealist (things can change according to (first two axis)) or realist (I'm unlikely to make a difference)
>>
>>43586758
>/pol/ racial alignment chart
What would occupy the Neutral and Good rows? Asians and whites?
>>
why the need of aligment systems at all?
>>
>>43588878
>Blacks
>Evil
They're too dumb (they litterally are, there is a hypothesis that most blacks are incapable of abstract thought) to understand the nuances of morality, Arabs go in the evil row.
>>
>>43588898
Arabs are just defending their god given oil against foreign aggressors. If Stupid/Evil was an aligment thing then yanks would have it.
>>
>>43589010
Fuck off Kraut
>>
>>43588898
Might explain why my brother's ex was incapable of understanding any but the most crude forms of humor at least.
>>
>>43586758
Don't use alignments.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.