[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Donating anime artwork to DSP" edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention if any third-party books are allowed, and if so, which.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous: >>43579000
>>
First for sphinx fetishes.
>>
File: happyfox.png (204 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
happyfox.png
204 KB, 512x512
I claim this thread for Kitsune.
>>
>>43585778
Wouldn't we want to donate art that matched their current style?

Personally, I think that some of the better artists for anime-style art are an untapped market for ttrpgs. As long as you avoid pulling a Spheres of Power, you can get a tightly-done, well-made set of art pieces for a book that give it a certain feel for a bit cheaper than "traditional" fantasy art.
>>
>>43585800
Too slow, fagatron. Sphinxes forever.
>>
>>43585778
>>43585801
How would that work, anyway? Do you think we'd be able to organize some sort of fundraiser to get that abomination removed from the Zealot and used for something more fitting? Would we be able to vote up an iconic or something? If the art is $200-300ish, then we might be able to do it. I've got $20 I'd be willing to toss onto that.
>>
What's a solid way to make a good, versatile unarmed fighter? I'm thinking dervish warder, but I'm wondering if there's some options I'm missing.

Pretty much all 3p content allowed, with approval.
>>
File: justicegrill.gif (86 KB, 578x453) Image search: [Google]
justicegrill.gif
86 KB, 578x453
>>43585794
>>43585800
>fighting over something as trivial as which flavor of closet furry you are
>>
>>43585957
Stalker is good for this.
>>
>>43585969
Why is that? They're heavily critical reliant, and unarmed attacks have a 20/x2 crit.
>>
>>43585957
Versatile? A Brawler does alright with that, as does a Martial Master/Mutation Warrior Fighter.
>Pretty much all 3p content allowed, with approval.
Grab Broken Blade in some manner, perhaps through feats.
>>
>>43585957
PoW Stalker, Warlord (steelfist), Monk (silver fist), or really anyone with Deadly Agility and magic gauntlets of some sort. Spiked is simplest, with a refluff.
>>
File: 1409209827503.jpg (159 KB, 858x1000) Image search: [Google]
1409209827503.jpg
159 KB, 858x1000
>>43585968
>kemonomimi
>furry
Wow, how does it feel to be literally the most wrong that anybody has ever been?

Also, nobody was actually fighting.
>>
>>43585778

>not painting infinite recursions of self painting
>you had one job
>>
File: deflecting a triceratops.gif (564 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
deflecting a triceratops.gif
564 KB, 400x225
>>43585957
Brawler is actually pretty great for a Paizo martial - a Fighter/Monk hybrid that somehow manages to be better than /both/ of its parent classes at what it does.

Great unarmed progression, an archetype that's basically Captain America, Martial Flexibility, the Knockout punch - what more could you want?
>>
File: 1389819267079.jpg (106 KB, 849x809) Image search: [Google]
1389819267079.jpg
106 KB, 849x809
>Tempest Gale/Piercing Thunder mixed-user
>>
>>43585995
>you're

This hurts my soul. Was it intended?
>>
>>43586009
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>43585968
I never asked for this anon, it just happened.
>>
>>43586009
>not recognizing one of the oldest 4chan memes
Lurk more.
>>
So given the desire to gish, which arcane spellcaster am I safest going into with the ability scores of a martial adept?
>>
>>43586008
>Chain in place of a bowstring
I can almost accept the rest of that image, but that one detail ruins everything for me.
>>
>>43586067
You should probably give specific details instead of extreme, brutal ambiguity.
>>
Can anyone think of a method I can use to stack Wizard and Cleric levels without using Gestalt or any 3pp?
It's easy as hell to stack just the casting; any dummy can take Mystic Theurge. I'm not interested in just that. I want my Domains and School Powers instead of Mystic Theurge's class abilities.
>but anon, the Mystic Theurge is intentionally given silly and limited class abilities that rob you of your base class' abilities to balance out the fact that you gain dual-casting
Yeah, but fuck all that 'balance' talk.
>>
>>43586067
To clarify, I wish to have native 9-level casting at the end of it.
>>
>>43586067
Dragon Disciple Sorcerer?

Just don't take the last two levels and you still come out of it with 9th level spells.
>>
>>43586076
Not even balance, mystic theurge has always been shit.

There isn't really a method, sorry. VMC has some kinda-okay things for the class features, but not spells. Convince your DM to run a gestalt campaign.
>>
Okay I'm building a character so far, But i really want to get Guided Hand (Or some kind of wis or int to hit which is sustainable) on my character. All 3rd Party material allowed, There may be something similar, Int or Wis to hit would be great.
Ive been thinking of a few options
1 Level of Filth Preist Cleric
1 Level of a Domain getting class like Inquisitor, druid, occultist 'Reliquarion' archetype.
I'm just trying to find the best way to do this.
>>
>>43586008
I just love Pixiv Fantasia art. Its practically a /tg/ character art goldmine
>>
>>43586075
Martial adepts (the term for the 9-level initiating classes from Tome of Battle and Path of War) generally have high Strength or Dexterity (for attacks), Constitution, and are encouraged to have a decent mental score that affects their class features. Is there any way I can be more clear about this?
>>
>>43586078
As a martial adept, to get 9th-level spells and initiating, it depends on which type of magic you are.
Arcane: Full caster 6/full BAB initiator 1/bladecaster 10/full caster 3 with Practiced Initiator gets you 9th-level maneuvers and 9th-level spells.

full caster 8/.75 BAB initiator/bladecaster 10/full caster 1 with practiced initiator gets you 9th-level spells and 9th-level maneuvers.

Divine: full caster 4/initiator (any) 1/battle templar 10/full caster 5 is your best bet. Practiced initiator etc.
>>
>>43586108
The Path of War term is Initiator.
>>
>>43586101
Guided Weapon, bruh.

>>43586107
That man has a fire-breathing cockatoo on his shoulder and that's wonderful.
>>
>>43586108

Yeah, actually. Even in PoW, there are plenty of martial adepts that want higher mentals than physicals, and a couple that can go without physicals entirely if they want to.

>>43586107
It really is.
>>
>>43586122
Its harder to get isnt it? Like Id need a +2 enhancement bonus to use it wouldnt I? Is there something to speed that up.
>>
>>43586107
What was it again...?
Raven Lord archetype or something?
>>
>>43586134
Ravenlord gets you an awesome harbinger bird, yeah.
>>
>>43586132
Guided's a +1 apparently.
>>
>>43586108
I don't know a whole lot about the martial adepts, because I couldn't get through the book, but I know one of them cares about Int as its mental stat, which means you can easily toss some work into a Wizard or Witch.
I suggest those two because there are only two (kinda three) other Int based primary casters, but they get their 9th level spells one level later, and therefore, are somewhat more difficult to achieve 9th level casting with on a gish. Not significantly so, but somewhat.
Plus, as a general rule, I think prepared casting is better for gishes than spontaneous, and I think Int is a better stat than Cha.
I assume there's some kind of Martial Adept + Arcane Casting prestige class ala Eldritch Knight. Just take that with Wizard and the Int based Adept.
>>
>>43586072
but, Anon..

It's so METAL.
>>
So let's say I'm playing a Mesmerist and I want to put a whole town under my Hypnotic Gaze.

How am I supposed to pull that off? Is there any way at all?
>>
>>43586107
Agreed.
Also from Pixiv Fantasia.

Stat me, /pfg/
>>
>>43586152
Thanks, Im not sure how to go about getting the Guided thing on the weapon, Is that an ingame thing or can i do it in build?
>>
>>43586172
Medium? Medium-Soulknife?
>>
>>43586107
>>43586172
What's Pixiv Fantasia?
>>
>>43586172
Level 7 Spiritualist, Devotion-based Phantom.
>>
>>43586179
Guided is a weapon enhancement, like Keen or Flaming.
Just get a weapon and pay the additional money to get a +1 on it, then pay the additional amount beyond that for Guided as well.
The total finished weapon should cost 8,300+(the weapon's base price).
>>
>>43586076
Eh. I don't know about the domain and school abilities (most of which are SHIT compared to dual 9's) but I posted a dual (triple with DSP content) 9ths at 20th build a thread or two ago.

MT is less shit with early entry and Magic School abuse. Not Arcane Schools, the rules for literal magical schools, namely Guilds.
>>
>>43586186
A collaborate fantasy art project on Pixiv, a japanese art site.

http://www.zerochan.net/Pixiv+Fantasia
>>
>>43586186
A collection of artists who're making a fantasy world but instead of words, they illustrate them instead.
>>
>>43586118
not multiclassing. just deciding ability priorities.

>>43586121
You'd think that, but "martial adept" is a specific term used in the subsystem, with the baggage I described. Officially, the list of martial adepts will be stalker, warlord, warder, harbinger, mystic, and zealot.

>>43586156
Huh, witch, right. Thanks. Know off-hand if any hexes are good for self-buffing or countering opponents' actions?

>>43586088
Also a good idea, thanks.
>>
>>43586179
It's just a weapon property. Enchant it on there same way you do any other property.
>>
>>43586215
Yeah, I can manage a triple 9's build, and I can even manage a way to make Mystic Theurge not too much of a drain, but I really just want to be able to access Domains and Schools and both spell lists simultaneously.
Seems impossible outside of gestalting though, so I'll just let it go for now.
>>
>>43586107
>>43586134
>>43586140
Superior Ravenlord fanart found in Pixiv Fantasia
>>
>>43586211
>>43586225
Thanks, That was easier than i thought.
>>
>>43586221
Initiator is also used. and far more commonly.
>>
>>43586234
So much edge you'd swear it's a harbinger.
>>
>>43586234
Gotta agree. That's how I'd envision a grimdark man equipped with a longsword with an army of crows.
>>
>>43586221
It's unlikely that you'll get any significant number of Hexes or high level Hexes with decent DC's due to not having as many Witch levels, because it's based on your actual Witch level and not your caster level, so I'd maybe not put too much effort into that, but off the top of my head, Evil Eye, Flight, Misfortune, and Cackle are all pretty useful for various reasons, namely to make certain that your enemy fails your saves on your spells.
>>
>>43586239
Initiator is the term in maneuvers for the person initiating the maneuver. If you look at the text in, say, Martial Training's special line...

>Special: If you ever gain levels in a _martial adept class_ or possess them previously, these maneuvers continue to use their own initiator level and recovery method, independent of your _martial adept level_.
>>
>>43586234

Traited into Black Seraph for CONE OF BIRDS.
>>
>>43586267
Oh, I'm not looking to multiclass. Straight witch gish, please and thank you for these hot tips.
>>
>>43586268

PoW 1 is a fucking mess. Check PoW 2 for wording.
>>
>>43586172
Ectoplasmatist Spiritualist + Soulknife/Aegis
>>
>>43586268
And in Extra Readied Manuever, it refers to initiator classes.

>Special: You may select this feat multiple times, applying it to multiple classes (if you possess multiple initiator classes) or multiple times to single class. This feat may not alter maneuvers readied from the Martial Training feat chain.

>>43586281
Also this.
>>
Is there a way for a warlord to get +stat to damage with firearms? I'm not seeing anything in privateer or desperado, do I just dip 3 levels into trench figher?
>>
>>43586281
>>43586295
Currently can't, since it's not published, only classes and disciplines from it. (Also, thank you, I suppose, for that quote.)
>>
File: 1375246648389.jpg (98 KB, 749x1067) Image search: [Google]
1375246648389.jpg
98 KB, 749x1067
So, what would you guys build to be the face of the party, but still competent in combat? The person who would be King. For ruling a Kingdom like in the Ultimate Campaign rules.
>>
File: 1446972165344.jpg (96 KB, 730x960) Image search: [Google]
1446972165344.jpg
96 KB, 730x960
Trying to sit down and map out what feats I want to take for my ranger and I'm a little stuck. I'm lvl 4 right now.

http://pastebin.com/XwzL7Nzz

Any help?
>>
>>43586311
Cavalier.

Bonus points for Inspiring Commander Cavalier.
>>
File: kill it with shushus.gif (750 KB, 615x341) Image search: [Google]
kill it with shushus.gif
750 KB, 615x341
>>43586311
Mysterious Stranger.

Political power grows from the barrel of a gun, after all.
>>
>>43586311
The way I ran it was a Warder with the Orator feat and a trait to make them have linguistics as a class skill. Pretty easy to get a +10 or higher modifier on linguistics at level 1 as an intelligence based class.
>>
>>43586311

A Warlord if 3pp allowed, a Paladin if not is the easy answer.

Charisma is only so important though, what you need is wisdom and competency, which means the best ruler would be a Warder or Wizard.
>>
>>43586295
It also says, in that same feat, "martial maneuver using class" which is not necessarily synonymous with martial adept, so Idunno what the hell Chris was doing.
>>
>>43586280
OH, sorry, I thought you were the anon who wanted to pair Witch with a Martial Adept.

A generic Witch gish is easy as fuck. You grab the Strength Patron for god buffs like Giant Form II, Divine Power, Shapechange, and Righteous Might, and you prepare your own buffy spells like Greater Magic Weapon, and Greater Heroism, and as long as you put a valuable score in your Strength, and you're very proactive about your magical buffs, your attack and damage will consistently be close to a generic martial character like Fighter/Barb/Paladin.

I'm currently playing a Witch Doctor archetype (Pre-errata, because I created him before they neutered the class), and with buffs on, I exceed the Fighter's damage, AC, saves, and HP, contend with the Barbarian's damage, and HP, while vastly exceeding his AC and saves, and if I find that I'm bored of giving martials an inferiority complex, I just start using 9th level casting and incredibly powerful Hexes like Agony with Split Major Hex, Dire Prophecy(!!), Summon Spirit(!!), Ice Tomb with Split Major Hex, Slumber, and still Evil Eye, Misfortune, and Cackle.
>>
>>43586304
Tempest Gale stance adds initiation modifier to damage rolls with a ranged weapon. Both Privateer and Desperado get access to it.
>>
>>43586311
Telepath.
"Mind-King Azylon Emytria, Bearer of the Crystal Crown, Lord of Thralls and Leader of the Astral Dominion, has requested your presence in the Palace of a Thousand Mirrors in Soulfont, Capitol of the Domain of the Willful." Is a quote I someday want to have said about a character of mine.
>>
>>43586140

Holy shit, imagine the Vilderavn from the new bestiary as a Raven Lord.
>>
>>43586268
Actually 'Martial Adept' is found only in a single feat.

Even the systems and use chapter uses the term Initiator, and not only in reference to Initiator Level.
>>
>>43586311
Cavalier, Paladin, Skald or some martial Bard, Samurai, Bloodrager, Swashbuckler.

Cleric, though.
>>
>>43585800

Kitsune are objectively the best waifus in Pathfinder, especially ones that worship Daikitsu.
>>
>>43586311
With a horn like that, you gotta add some claymores on the shoulders.
>>
File: its a map idiot.jpg (307 KB, 818x1100) Image search: [Google]
its a map idiot.jpg
307 KB, 818x1100
>>43586380
>mfw re-reading PoW1
>>
>>43586388
Boy, you gonna get shanked by Sylph Husbandos, you know that, right?
>>
>>43586398
I didn't know they were releasing another one. The current form of PoW that I have is so full of holes that I don't allow it in games because I am so peeved by little typos and incorrect references that I can't bear to finish reading the book.
With a new one, with good editing (and hopefully some goddamn professional art), I think I might be able to stomach this 3pp enough to introduce it.
So.

When's it coming out?
>>
>>43586431
>The current form of PoW that I have is so full of holes that I don't allow it in games because I am so peeved by little typos and incorrect references that I can't bear to finish reading the book.
>autism
>>
>>43586434
People were so put off by Spheres of Power's art they needed an artless/drow-waifu version of it to use it.
>>
>>43586431
>With a new one, with good editing (and hopefully some goddamn professional art), I think I might be able to stomach this 3pp enough to introduce it.
>implying Paizo is much better
Paizo might be prettier and mildly better at proofreading, but their two latest releases contained the Ranged Gardener Kineticist and the Water Desalinator Kineticist, as well as the Pack Mule Fighter.
>>
>>43586431
The PoW team was hoping for a release by Christmas, last I heard, but... well. Stuff happened to the guy leading the product line, so ???

>>43586353
Any recommendations for feats, bud?
>>
>>43586452
>

That anon does have a touch of the 'tism, though.
>>
>>43586452
Not true.
The book doesn't even come with the Ranged Gardener wild talent, they forgot to include it and instead released it on the forums as a "sneak peek".
>>
>>43586434
I don't trust the creators to have thoroughly tested and balanced their rulesets if they haven't used correct grammar and syntax.
It damages their credibility too much for me.
I don't expect perfection, but if someone handed me a research essay full of that many errors, I'd be disinclined to agree with their position on the discussion, and you should be too.
I admit, the art is just a side thing. That's not really something that bothers me exceptionally.
>>
>>43586452
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Paizo has murdered their credibility in a lot of ways too.
I will never expect to see something good come out for Kineticist or Medium, and that's consistently proven.
But in other ways, they're credible, and I can let it go.
The same is true for DSP to me. Some of their stuff is better edited, and I didn't have a problem running some of their Psionic stuff some time ago, but this still needs more work for me to let it go.

My party is fully consistent of rules lawyers, myself included. Two of my players are ACTUAL lawyers, one's a geneticist, and two others are screenwriters.
The semantics matter a LOT, and a little typo or somewhat ambiguous statement causes a lot of discussion sometimes.
>>
>>43586469
>I don't expect perfection, but if someone handed me a research essay full of that many errors, I'd be disinclined to agree with their position on the discussion, and you should be too.
A: You've clearly never met an engineer, they can't spell for shit, and
B: Data is what's important, not how pretty it's presented. The only times you should care about minor, if frequent, errors is if they make a given game mechanic unclear as to its purpose and function.

You're just an autist.
>>
>>43586482
>My party is fully consistent of rules lawyers, myself included.
Is it... is it fun?
Or do you just bicker constantly?
Is bickering constantly how you have fun?
>>
File: 1385959339257.jpg (34 KB, 489x479) Image search: [Google]
1385959339257.jpg
34 KB, 489x479
What should I name my Hobgoblin rogue /pfg/?
>>
>>43586492
The Rob-Goblin.
>>
>>43586492
Gnorp.
Have him fight with very pokey pronged weapons like rapiers and whatnot.

Gnorp is Prong backwards after all.
>>
>>43586492
Or Robert to his friends.
>>
>>43586486
>Data is what's important, not how pretty it's presented. The only times you should care about minor, if frequent, errors is if they make a given game mechanic unclear as to its purpose and function

I do agree with you, really, but I really DO think that given game mechanics are made unclear by the lack of editing in some cases, and that causes problems.

You can call me an autist if you like, you don't disprove the point that poor syntax damages credibility by accusing me of a social disorder, so who gives a shit?
>>
>>43586492
Gessa.
>>
>>43586492
Rovyn Gobwin the Robbin' Goblin
>>
>>43586492
Gains.
>>
If you were going to make a party of professional thieves that refused with hyper-Batman level intensity to kill others, but were okay with knocking them out or just hurting them somewhat, how would you build it, /pfg/ ?

Let's assume a 5 man team, Paizo+DSP only, 25 point buy, the party has to scale well with level - no niche builds that only work at one level or a tiny level range.
>>
File: i-Pc5hjMv-1050x10000.jpg (202 KB, 1050x526) Image search: [Google]
i-Pc5hjMv-1050x10000.jpg
202 KB, 1050x526
>>43586490
Finding loopholes and beating the books at their own game is where I have fun, and some of my players agree.
It's somewhat more like a card game, where you look at the meta and try to figure out how to create infinite combos or one turn kills using the presented rules, or in some MMO, where you find some way to gain an advantage in the economy by buying low and selling how.
Semantic discussions like pic related are relatively common, though, this example in particular isn't the kind of thing we often come across.
>>
>just checked my Pixiv Fantasia folder
>4,700+ images
>8.6GB

Fuck it. Let me see if I can torrent this.
>>
>>43586452
>Water Desalinator Kineticist
The what now?
>>
>>43586537
>refused with hyper-Batman level intensity to kill others

No problem. Batman has no qualms killing non-humans if you watched how he doesn't flinch lethally maiming enemies like Darkseid's followers or Alien Yellow Lanterns.
>>
>>43586537
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/golden-legion-s-stayed-blade

Badoosh.
>>
>>43586558
There's a Kineticist with a talent that turns water into seawater and back.

I'm not kidding.

>>43586559
Hyper-Batman was intended to imply that nonhuman, but still sapient beings (perhaps only ones with souls?) But not Unintelligent or 1-2 INT creatures, would be knocked out instead of killed.
>>
>>43586540
>Large Hammer
>Sniper Rifle
>Minigun
>Grenades
>Glasses

Who is this ejaculations engineer?
>>
>>43586570
Best bit about stayed blade is that it doesn't specify melee attacks, or weapons or nothin'. It's just 'when you deal damage'

You can hit someone with a Disintegrate and leave them at -1 if you wanted.
>>
>>43586570
Pretty sure the Blade of Mercy Trait is better for most circumstances, but, okay. That solves the "How can my bruiser beat things but not to death" kind of. It takes BAB 3, which is 3rd for full BAB and 4th for medium BAB classes. Not the best scaling at those early levels.
>>
>>43586502
We'll definitely call you an assburger.

I'm as much a grammar nazi as the next Goring, but even I can tell that's for the most part separate from the mechanics.
>>
DSP, can you answer some questions i have?
Around how much do you pay for an individual piece of art? For example a full body iconic.

How much do you get from the sale of a book you contributed to as a writer? Does it vary by how much you contributed?
>>
File: toshiaki_01.jpg (655 KB, 2344x846) Image search: [Google]
toshiaki_01.jpg
655 KB, 2344x846
These are the dragons in your campaign, /pfg/

What will you do?
>>
>>43586650
I have a question for DSP as well.
Are you hiring?
>>
>>43586652
Start a new campaign.
>>
>>43586652
>Unity assimilated a bunch of Chromatics - two Reds, a White, and a Blue

GAME OVER, EVERYONE GO HOME, NOBODY CAN SAVE US NOW
>>
>>43586652
Well it'd probably make the Draconic bloodline and Dragon Disciple a whole lot cooler.

Kobolds too.
>>
>>43586656
Well as far as i can recall they still have some interest in submissions, but they usually treat people who do that as freelancers. I think they said the best way to become involved with DSP is to try to get submissions through and become a freelancer though.
>>
>>43586681
Submissions how?
>>
>>43586652
Pilot one.
I mean come on, several 3pp materials and not one book about piloting dragonmechs?

Do I need draconic blood or something?
>>
>>43586625
>We'll
Yeah, I'm sure it's more than one person's opinion, and not just you, alone, being a prick.

But anyway, your statement is just simply not true. Grammar and syntax affect mechanics, and that's a fact.

I think the argument you're making is that people can look past the semantics to what they believe the rules were intended to be and determine the function of the rules based on that interpretation. And that's true, technically, but only so far as everyone agrees on that interpretation, which isn't always the case.

Can an Unchained Barbarian, whose bonuses from Rage are different from those of a normal Barbarian, still benefit from the Rage spell even though a normal Barbarian couldn't? The semantics of the rules as they are written don't preclude them from that in any way. But there are many people who would say off hand that those two things don't stack, because it seems ridiculous that they would.
Lucky for that latter group, a FAQ exists for this with a definitive answer provided because this was enough of a problem that a lot of people had to ask so that they could be clear on the mechanics.

And that could have been avoided by changing the semantics, yes.
>>
>>43586701
Well there was a giant mech supplement for 3.5.

It was, fittingly, called Dragonmech.
>>
>>43586684
>>43586681
>>43586656
http://dreamscarred.com/about/working-for-us/

This is on their website. No idea if it means they're actively hiring but it's a thing at least.
>>
>>43586708
Here, I'll quantify his statement.

You're an assburger. An assburger with a generous helping of butthurt sauce.
>>
>>43586710
And, like most third-party supplements for 3.5, it was a horrible, horrible mess. Neat ideas, bungled and nonfunctional execution.
>>
File: archer.gif (419 KB, 403x228) Image search: [Google]
archer.gif
419 KB, 403x228
>>43586652
Continue exactly as I have.
Who the fuck do you think has been installing all those weapon pods?
>>
File: Justice (just for girls).jpg (246 KB, 775x753) Image search: [Google]
Justice (just for girls).jpg
246 KB, 775x753
>>43585968
Is justice the ideal trait in a waifu, Anon?
>>
>>43586684
I dunno, it used to be a thing on their old forums with its own whole forum section.

I think they still accept them, but its very rare (you'd need to make something amazing that would fit well with one of their products) for them to accept them. You'd have to ask DSP though whether they still have the "submissions" system.
>>43586718
This says submissions should be sent to Jeremy Smith rather than posted on the open forums.
>>
>>43586009
You should know by now that trolling is a art.
>>
>>43586725
Real talk, I would rather have autism than not be able to prove a point and have to resort to meme-forced name calling.

Side-note: The more I'm called an 'assburger', specifically, the more I crave an actual burger. What would butthurt sauce be? Like, sriracha? Shit, I could go for a spicy burger. Damnit, anon. And then fuckin Captcha's here with it's goddamned, 'Select all the sandwiches.'
Fuuuuck
>>
>>43586234
Might make a decent Vilderavn.
>>
>>43586749
I feel like an assburger would be some sort of Tex-Mex-inspired burger. Burn-you-twice butthurt sauce, some sort of guacamole and salsa on there, lettuce and cheese...

Fuck, now I want one too.

>>43586745
You wound me.
>>
File: 1422751440457.png (147 KB, 1655x1132) Image search: [Google]
1422751440457.png
147 KB, 1655x1132
>>43586492
Big Boss.
>>
>Character finds ring of +2 Will
>GM says 'oh by the way it's actually a ring of -4 will but your character doesn't know and you have no in-character reason to take it off because it feels like you're getting +2 will'
>Party member even knows 'remove curse' but no reason to ask them

Help
>>
>>43586752
German, right?

Shouldn't it be Wilderavn?
>>
>Div
>Daemon
>Devil
>Demon
>Asura
>Rakshasha
>Qlippoth

Which is your waifu?
>>
>>43586708

I'm just as much a grammar nazi as you are. I'm glad that they apparently have an editor for PoW Expanded, but the Mystic and Harbinger pdfs were full of typos, so I don't have high hopes.
>>
>>43586234
Should we try and submit this to DSP for their harbinger page?
>>
>>43586774
It's Danish, Vilderavn is 'correct'.
>>
>>43586774
Danish actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valravn
>>
>>43586774
Vilderavn is the coolest monster in the Bestiary 5. Spelling was correct to what Paizo wrote, even if I agree with you.
>>
>>43586775
>waifuing Fiends
>waifuing anything

Fool of a Took!
>>
File: grin.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>43586708
Given I'd just gotten home from work, there's more than one of us that think you're a sperglord.

Oh, sorry. Your.
>>
>>43586778
Editor's a recent development. Those were sent to layout months back.
>>
File: ghibli-tier.gif (2 MB, 640x344) Image search: [Google]
ghibli-tier.gif
2 MB, 640x344
>>43586775
Slyph

>>43586809
Ah. Well, I can hope, then.
>>
>>43586789
>Edgiest Bird with a metal album song for the Edgiest Class

If the Harbinger's page doesn't look like a metal album cover, I'd be sorely disappointed.
>>
File: 1428102767179.jpg (31 KB, 251x296) Image search: [Google]
1428102767179.jpg
31 KB, 251x296
>>43586708
I am almost certain that he said "we'll" not to imply that he's speaking for multiple people, but rather as a willful misspelling of "well", in the same vein as your/you're.

>>43586805
There's at least three, then.
>>
File: Crime is Kill.jpg (105 KB, 361x650) Image search: [Google]
Crime is Kill.jpg
105 KB, 361x650
Getting into Pathfinder because of my friends, so I wanted to ask while I have an opportunity: How would one go about making a Judge Death character?

I had thought of making him a Necromancer/Wizard that would prestige into Eldritch Knight, eventually shifting into a Lich endgame. Simplistic stuff, but I'm thinking that I could be overlooking something else that had the potential to be good. At least something that could help me rack up a shitload of kills.

We're not using any third-party stuff
>>
>>43586850
Just run with a Magus or Bloodrager and go Lich at around 15th.
>>
>>43586579
For what purpose?
>>
>>43586765
Anon, ask if you can grow suspicious after you fail a lot of will saves.

Alternatively, engineer a situation in which you convince some priest to identify all your magic items whilst you brag about them. If anyone identifies the ring and beats the DC by 10 they reveal the curse.

And as a final resort, find a way to get yourself cursed but know about it, then go to a cleric to get it healed, who will find BOTH curses.
>>
>>43586765
You promptly cast Divine Other Game and get the fuck out because that DM is a cockmongling shitbag.
>>
>>43586786
Nah, that's definitely for one of gareth's little iconics stories.

>proud mother explaining to an adventuring party ALL about the early days of one of their members
>happily chatting away about how he was so fashionable, too, and always working so hard to come up with lines that would please the young trainee girls at the Norgober temple after working for hours on his hair
>oh gods no, please, mom no don't tell me
>AND he even had one of his artist friends take a perfect likeness of him posing, but he forgot it when he left town and I guess eventually join you guys!

>But don't worry! Here's the picture!
>>
How the hell do we fix Str as a stat? Out of all of them, it's the most worthless one there is, right up there with Charisma. And Charisma is only not-shit because several classes have enough features that it can get made into something good, despite being crap for 90% of characters.
>>
>>43586901
Strength is fine, bro. Hit and damage is hardly 'worthless'
>>
File: hellknight.jpg (51 KB, 378x638) Image search: [Google]
hellknight.jpg
51 KB, 378x638
>>43586850
Eldritch Knight? No no no my friend!
You need to be a HELLKNIGHT!
Fuck magic, fuck necromancy (though a Hellknight signifier is basically the eldritch knight version of the hell knight prestige class) just be THE LAW.
Judge Death is Lawful Evil at its purest and most extreme, Hellknights can sympathize with that.

Also, if you want to be a Necromancer, DONT BE A WIZARD. The best necromancers (and by extension the best liches) are Clerics or Oracles. Oracles don't serve a specific god, instead devoting themself to a mystery, like say "Bones". Oracles are also cursed, so you could look quite spooky that way.
>>
>>43586900

Someone who bought a fiction cameo with helping out Errantx should have him write a chuunibinger story.
>>
What're some good feats for a Bushi/Brutal Slayer Stalker? Planning on focusing on Primal Fury, Mithral Current, and Silver Crane.

Mostly going to use the plot-line relevant katana my GM gave me.

I already have Power Attack, Weapon Focus, and Katana Expertise.
>>
>>43586912
But that's literally all it does. Climb and Swim don't really matter as far as skills go, and outside of those four things, it doesn't actually DO anything.
>>
>>43586900
I'm just laughing at the thought of an ordinary leather and plate guard being embarrassed and cringing as passerbys from his old town remember him as "Darksteel Shadesworn the Lord of Ravens and Prince of Crows, Warrior of the Shadows"

>DM: Take 2d6 cringe damage
>>
>>43586915
Clerics and Oracles do make the best minionmancers, but the other aspect of necromancy is the debuffing, which Wizards are better at.
>>
>>43586901
Carry weight and lift should increase at a faster rate above 16.

More support should exist for strength checks to bust objects so its actually possible to hit the DCs, like making it into a skill you can use untrained or put points in to become really smashy. We could call it Bend Bars/Break Gates.

Iconic monster abilities for giants like rock throwing, rock catching, stomping the ground to make it shake etc should all be available as feats to characters with strength above 20, and scale with how much strength you have, like increasing the size of rock you can throw or the AOE of the stomp etc.
>>
>>43586805
>>43586848
>anime reactions

I guess I'll assume you're not just samefagging, because odds are decent that more than one person on 4chan is gonna call someone an autist or a kek or whatever the fuck their favorite flavor of the month is, but in all honesty, I went out between my last post and this one to get a good-ass burger due to your influence, and now I'm so happy with it, I really don't even feel like arguing on /tg/.
I am comfortable accepting the moniker of autist if it allows me to get good burgers, doesn't disprove my point, and is only addressed by anime-posting fa/tg/uys.
It's all whatever.
You play your games with your friends, assuming you have them, and I'll play my games with my friends.
>>
>>43586775
Devils are the only answer as they are the only waifiends who understand what loyalty is.
>>
>>43586935
Except Curses.
Oracles/Clerics are great at curses, getting them early.
>>
File: aint gotta explain shit.jpg (180 KB, 534x900) Image search: [Google]
aint gotta explain shit.jpg
180 KB, 534x900
>>43586912
>Strength is fine

Sure thing, tripfriend. That's not a pleb thing to say at all.
>>
>>43586935
>Debuffing
Like say with bad touch? Something a frail wizard is shit at compared to an oracle or cleric?

Yeah i guess if you specifically only want to use rays, wizard is better. But the rest of necromancy is superior for oracles and clerics.
>>
>>43586952
>or a kek
Praise hiroshimoot.
>>
>>43586901
>Str mod adds to HP in addition to Con
>>
>>43586932
>yfw he carefully dyed all his little blue and white parakeets black for when they'd follow him outside.
>>
>>43586967
Wizards have better Save or Sucks at range, usually, though both are T1 and can usually outdo each other at one level or another against one opponent or another. Having a Necromancer Cleric and a Necromancer Wizard in the same party wouldn't be a bad thing.
>>
>>43586962
Considering I'm one of the people who will actively sacrifice competence for flavor, and am currently playing a barbarian with 16 Int, then yeah.

I guess I am a pleb.
>>
>>43586951
Merge Climb/Swim into an Athletics skill, add a skill to govern the various "Break DC of X, or this DC to lift it" type things, take some of the Mythic abilities that allow Str-based AoE stuff and allow them as feats, maybe do what >>43586975
said and see about letting Str add more HP?
>>
File: 1399415243759.png (151 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
1399415243759.png
151 KB, 1125x681
>>43586999
Oh you're a pleb for plenty of other reasons too.
>>
File: judge_death.jpg (226 KB, 1024x1451) Image search: [Google]
judge_death.jpg
226 KB, 1024x1451
>>43586915

> Judge Death is Lawful Evil at its purest and most extreme

Oooooh, definitely.

> You need to be a HELLKNIGHT!

So these guys don't rely so much on spells at all? Only reason I wanted to be Eldritch Knight was to achieve versatility in combat, for the very case where I'm assaulted up close, I can hold my own against whoever. The spells would be handy for when I need to kill in masses and just general fuckery.

Hellknights seem kind of promising, though.
>>
>>43586976
>yfw before he did that. He initially tried tying strips of dried meat under his pauldrons to attract the nearby crows.
>he had to stop because not only did he stink of rotted flesh, bigger buzzards like vultures kept vomiting all over him
>>
File: 1442585112327.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1442585112327.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>>43587015
Complaining about trips in /pfg/?

How about that.
>>
>>43587017
No problem.
There's a Hell Knight caster, too.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/hellknight-signifer

>Upon initiation, a Hell Knight enforcer receives a mask, often devoid of eyeholes or other personal features.

They basically decided this for you.
>>
>>43586967
What bad touches do you hand out with your cleric besides Bestow Curse? Their spell list is pretty bad. Mostly sincere question, because whenever I try to pore over the cleric spell list I basically give up in disgust when I try to sort out the gold from the dross.
>>
File: DASGC.png (362 KB, 1280x341) Image search: [Google]
DASGC.png
362 KB, 1280x341
>>43587015
>>
>>43587017
Hellknight Signifiers get full The the text says divine but the class table doesn't specify spellcaster progression.

On the SRD it is listed under "Hell Knight Enforcer"
>>
>>43587012
No, MONSTER abilities. Not Mythic abilities.
There are some crossover between the two certainly, but you shouldn't be looking at mythic for inspiration, but rather what non-mythic monsters of equal strength can do.
>>
>>43586882
Those are some pretty good ideas, actually.

Also, I found a reason to try to take it off (wanting to be nice and give the ring to the party member with the lowest will) and found out the ring is stuck.
I said that should be a pretty big indicator it's cursed, but the GM says 'I'm pretty sure there are other non-cursed items that can't be removed'.

Well... are there actually?
>>
>>43587081
No, not really. If it can't be removed, that's a mark of it being cursed.
>>
>>43587058
But the thing is that a lot of the mythic abilities that martials get, like this:

Groundshaker (Su)

Source Pathfinder Player Companion: Mythic Origins

As a standard action, you can expend one use of mythic power to stomp or punch the ground with mighty force, forcing creatures within 5 feet per tier to attempt a Reflex save (DC = 10 + your tier + your Strength modifier).

Non-mythic creatures that fail their saves fall prone and are staggered for 1 round. Non-mythic creatures that succeed at their saves and mythic creatures that fail are staggered for 1 round. Mythic creatures that succeed at their saves are unaffected. You are not affected by this ability, and you may designate a number of creatures up to your tier to also not be affected.

That? That's perfectly fucking reasonable to have as a normal martial.

What monster abilities do you mean?
>>
>>43587081
>>43587085
Yeah. Cursed items just don't come off. It's a universal trait of them.
>>
>>43587044
Bloatbomb, Poison, Inflicts, Slay Living, HARM and Mathematical Curse, plus whatever you can grab through domains and mystery spells.
>>
>>43587100
Thats 2e you numb nuts, lots of cursed items can be removed. It varies by item.
>>
>>43587085
>>43587100
GM replies that a number of artifacts also have that property.

And I feel a bit bad now because I've tried to wiggle a reason to take off the ring so much that he's said he'll instead roll in secret for a different ring effect and not tell me what it is
>>
File: ConsiderThis.png (299 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
ConsiderThis.png
299 KB, 640x384
New GM here, working on first adventure for 4 players. They're a Gnome Warrior, Human Cleric, Half Orc Barbarian, and an elf sorcerer. LVL 1, I'm wondering what to throw at them. I was thinking a forest clearing with a half dozen goblins, and a few more on the road leading up to it. Real simple storyline about stopping some green skins from robbing a few homesteads.

From there I want to add a side arc where they stumble upon a glade containing a treant devoted to fertility with a harem of dryads, complaining about a giant spider problem. Workable?
>>
>>43587106
Disfiguring Touch, Aboleth's Lung, Oracle's Burden, I had some others and forgot em.
>>
>>43587118
Artifacts are mostly incredibly awful and pretty much cursed items in their own right, compared to the magic items that would otherwise use their slot.
>>
>>43587123
>treant devoted to fertility with a harem of dryads, complaining about a giant spider problem. Workable?
Treants will obliterate them if they try to fight it.
Harem shit is magical realm as fuck dude tone that shit down.
Otherwise yeah sure go for it.
>>
>>43587123
>Warrior
Do you mean Fighter? Or do you hopefully mean Cavalier or something?

Yeah it all sounds alright. Play the goblins as goblins though, there should be no tactic or sanity to them. The melee goblins should put themselves in the way of the ranged goblins so the party gets cover, some of the goblins should jump down from trees to attack (Jade Regent described this as a charge attack which made them prone and take falling damage after the charge).
>>
>>43587081
Cursed items can be worn and be removed but only if you're the person who made the cursed item in the first place.

The curse usually activates from a trigger. The most common trigger is 'when worn'
>>
>>43587142
>Harem is magical realm
IGNORE THIS FUCKER.
"Anything with even a hint of sex is magical realm" go back to your fucking church and beg the priest to molest you again.

There's nothing wrong with it so long as you don't start describing them doing sexual stuff all the time. The whole point of the magical realm comic was that the piss stuff was FORCED, there is nothing forced about weird fey cults having a fertility aspect.
>>
>>43587164
See, when I see "spider problem" and "dryad fertility harem" in the same post, I assume the spiders are Dryad crabs and it makes me feel ill.
>>
>>43587142

It's not so much magical realm as Oberon and embracing spring/nature. Aside from pouring wine into his mouth it'll be completely toned down. Yeah I guess if they fight him it'll have to be a polite pimp slap.

>>43587153

yeah fighter sorry. That was my WOW talking.
>>
>>43587173
Giant spider problem. GIANT SPIDER.

Read anon, read.

Also, seriously? If someone had us fight dryad crabs i would laugh, not get aroused or worried someone was forcing a kink into the game. Some sexual things fit fine in games, like Nymphs or Succubi. In silly games, this gets expanded quite a lot to include things as sexually explicit and extreme as david bowie.
>>
>>43587190
>GIANT SPIDER.
Okay, so it's just the Treant then. He's Huge sized anyway.

I'm not the autist screaming MAGICAL REALM, I was just making a joke.
>>
File: JudgeDeath_GNREID.jpg (99 KB, 697x1024) Image search: [Google]
JudgeDeath_GNREID.jpg
99 KB, 697x1024
>>43587042
>>43587050

Welp, these blew away my expectations. I've only fought one Hellknight in my current storyline, and that was because I had the biggest aura of evil in that town at the time. Fight wasn't too spectacular, so I didn't think too much into the class.

My overall question is what's the potential for destruction using this?
>>
>>43587197
Oh. Its not funny. Sorry.

Everyone knows you make that joke about Drow.
>>
>>43587199
Low. Hellknight Signifiers aren't really overpowered by any stretch of the imagination and Hellknights of the normal kind are better than Fighters but not better than casters.
>>
>>43587206
Sucks he can't use 3PP, Nightguard would be excellent for this.
>>
>>43587199
Considering it gains a full 10 levels of increased spellcasting, its potential for destruction is at least as high as any caster you would have played instead.
20 levels of Wizard casting from 20 levels of Wizard is the same as 20 levels of Wizard casting from 10 levels of Wizard and 10 levels of Signifer.
Though, personally, I like Cleric better for this.
>>
>>43587214
No it wouldn't. Nightguard have an oath to destroy monsters, he wants to end CRIME.
>>
>>43587206
>>43587199
Wait, did I misunderstand the question, or are you saying that 20 levels of casting has a LOW potential for destruction?
>>
>>43587218
>>43587199
Cleric... or Inquisitor? Inquisitors are very LAW feeling.
>>
>>43587224
I meant mechanically, Paladin oaths are usually open to GM negotiation and interpretation.
>>
>>43587227
Low as in its not going to make you any more broken than you would normally be.
>>
>>43587234
Inquisitors don't get 9th level spells, and it takes longer to get into the class because you need 3rd level spells.
I don't personally like the Inquisitor idea because that class is heavily based on its own class levels for function, like Greater Bane, Stalwart, further Judgements, and etc. and if you're gonna take 10 levels of another class, you'll never gain those benefits.
If you do Cleric, all you lose from 11-20 is boring old Channel Energy; no big deal.

If you like Inquisitor better, don't let me stop you, but Clerics are just...better.
>>
>>43587234
Depends on how you roll an Inquisitor. They've got tons more leeway than Paladins because while Palis need to be a beacon of good and justice, Inquisitors are the ones doing the church's dirty deeds that the church doesn't want the commoners and the nobles to know.

So superman & batman
>>
>>43587206
>>43587218

This would really be me going around sentencing people to death personally; opting over the idea of summoning a tornado and ravaging everything within it.

I just really crave having a nice body-count with a sense of power behind all the great deeds I do. Don't need to have any crazy OP magic, but a few powerful ray spells wouldn't hurt.
>>
File: Elder_pith.jpg (15 KB, 403x153) Image search: [Google]
Elder_pith.jpg
15 KB, 403x153
What do you call the tabletop RPG all about financially supporting research into the stems of vascular plants, and that was a rehash of a previous best-selling RPG?

Pithfunder, rehash of Dollars & Decumbents 3.5.
>>
>>43587289
If you play a Signifer with a base class of any primary caster, you can expect to be able to sentence people to death, kill them, and then fend off any of their allies or anyone who would seek to punish you for having done what you did.
Wizard, Druid, Cleric, Witch, Sorcerer (Razmiran Priest/False Priest/Psychic Bloodline), Oracle (Paragon Surge/Lunar/Ancient Lorekeeper etc.), Arcanist, Shaman, and Psychic are all perfectly capable of beating full encounters alone.
Some are more conducive to prestige classing than others, because they have no important class abilities to lose, thus making a prestige class a strict upgrade to their base. The two classes most suited to doing that are Wizard and Cleric.
Either of these options, Cleric 10/Signifer 10 or Wizard 10/Signifer 10 will allow you to sentence someone to death, kill them yourself, not necessarily by summoning a death tornado, but by turning your own body into a killing machine and then punching their skull into the sun, and then preventing any law enforcement, allies of the guilty, wandering monsters, or even your own allies from stopping you.
Tier 1 is god-tier, and a Signifer does not take Tier 1 status away from Wizard or Cleric
>>
>>43587289
My suggestion? Take Hellknight Signifier/Enforcer, and look into the Planar Ally and Planar Binding spells.

The reason for this is because nothing says "power of the law" and "Completely, totally evil" like you sitting back while a pair of devils hold the guy in question still. You read a list of his offences and then carry out an execution.

I personally recommend using the cleric class for entry into the PrC, but that's mostly because I like clerics and the have armor even at low levels.
>>
>>43586650
>How much do you get from the sale of a book you contributed to as a writer? Does it vary by how much you contributed?

Generally freelancers are paid a set amount per word, exact rate dependent on experience and proven success.

>>43586656
DSP doesn't really have what you'd call actual permanent positions. Pretty much everyone, boss dudes included, gets paid on a per project basis according to the deal they make for the work and the relative quantity of their contributions. When you're vetted, you have an easier time with future submissions and negotiating compensation, and usually you can arrange to retain creative control over your product line if you did a good job with it (for example, I get final say over pretty much anything akasha related regardless of what product it appears in, and Chris is the arbiter of all things Path of War, with Gareth having secondary authority and quite a bit of influence over the "assorted" releases).
>>
>>43587345
oh hey, speaking of akasha, what's the deal with the abundance of 1⁄2 outside of "DC 10 + 1/2 level + stat modifier"?
>>
>>43587345
Huh.
I'm your second reply.

Who handles your legal work? Does anyone work for DSP full time, or is it part time for everyone?

I skimmed some of your website, and it does mention you wanting things written for ideas you've had, but haven't gotten to it for time and funding reasons.

What are some of the things you want to print, but can't or haven't yet, and why?
>>
>>43587345
What is DSP's business plan looking like for the next 5 to 10 years? Are you going to stick with Pathfinder, or start publishing for other systems? Will you develop your own system at some point? Will you branch out of TTRPGs entirely? Do you plan to diversify at all in the foreseeable future?

What would you say to an investor who was on the fence between investing in you and a competitor?

Are these questions better for Gareth?
>>
>>43587398
If you pull DSP's mask off, will they die?
>>
>>43587410
FOR YOU
>>
How much would Paizo's art cost?
>>
File: Wiping the Party.jpg (356 KB, 757x1136) Image search: [Google]
Wiping the Party.jpg
356 KB, 757x1136
>>43587326
>>43587333

Alright, so... From what was mentioned above, that Hellknight Signifier acts pretty as a Eldritch Knight -- both maintaining martial skills like melee/swords etcetera etcetera, but also being able to level up caster.

I would reach level 10 with Signifier, at this point I would multiclass into a cleric for full-effect and also finishing the character.
>>
>>43587398
Considering they wouldn't design the base classes with PoW mechanics they're probably willing to stick with Paizo for a while
>>
>>43587398
And how do we get you to work in 5e?
>>
>>43587370
I think some of the other guys mentioned it earlier, but we didn't have someone whose specific job was editing until /very/ recently, so some bad habits and unfortunate shorthand that didn't get caught during playtesting slipped through, particularly in earlier products (like Gareth's Large (Tall) whoopsie in the Psionic Bestiary or my 1/2s instead of half or halves). For most of the projects from the last two years, our editing department was our playtesters, so if no one mentioned it on GitP or Paizo's forums, there was a pretty good chance it slipped through the cracks. There's also the fact that layout isn't always easy, and we've used a combination of Jeremy (who is a sole provider for his family working another full time job) and volunteers to get stuff wrapped and out the door, so sometimes things we fixed or typos we didn't make creep in during the layout process. Basically everyone who does 3pp work is doing it during those little cracks in the day where they can catch a few minutes between work, sleep, and family obligations, sooo.... It's pretty rare that any of us get to sit down and work when we're running at 100%. It's one of the reasons we always do an extended .pdf release before we do a print run, to give us that extra window to catch stuff that didn't get caught during playtest, or that crept in afterward.

If you meant something completely different with that question, let me know.
>>
>>43587433
You've mostly got the hang of it.
You start out as Cleric because you can not meet the prerequisites of the Signifer class until you reach level 5 as a Cleric, then as soon as you gain your 6th level, you begin Signifer and continue taking it until you have reached Signifer 10 and total character level 16. At 17, you resume your Cleric levels, and finish them out until 20, making you Cleric 10/Signifer 10, total character level 20.

Make sense?
>>
>>43587454
Mate, your math is fucked. Cleric 5 + Sig 10 is 15, you're off by 1.
>>
>>43587466
Oh yeah, you're right. It's late. Hurf durf.
>>
>>43587454
It depends on if he'd want Oracle or Cleric really.

Clerics get all the spells, true, but an Oracle's Mystery is far beyond anything like a Domain. And Prep vs Spontaneous is also a consideration.

Oracle does delay entry into Signifier by one level, but that's not the biggest deal in the world since you'd be going back to it after you're done with Signifier anyway.
>>
>>43587452
What I'm getting from this is, you're less "professional and dedicated publishing company" and more "loose collection of individuals attempting to publish things in their spare time for some quantity of money".

Basically, we shouldn't consider you Paizo's competitor, because you're not on a level where you can compete.
>>
>>43587452
no, that's a more than satisfactory answer, thanks. next question: how exactly do you activate the metabolist's scarf veil? why does the short description not mention psionics at all? is the psionic bit just fluff?
>>
File: 1442976152074.jpg (161 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442976152074.jpg
161 KB, 600x600
>>43587477
Oracle progression of mysteries stops in Signifier. Oracle spell progression is worse than a Cleric's. Spontaneous casting is, as a rule, worse than prepared casting; that is why gimmicks like Paragon Surge even exist. Why can't you stop plebbing for at least a couple minutes?
>>
>>43587488
I've had this explained to me by gareth. most simply, they are passionate about tabletop gaming. trapped in it. can't get out. so they turn their focus to making this games better for everyone.
>>
>>43587477
Oracle is risky for the same reason most classes are: they care about their class level.

Taking Signifer means losing 10 levels of your Mystery, and yes, sometimes that's not particularly important, but sometimes it is, and you're sitting there with only two baby Revelations that you can only use like once or twice a day, and you're a sad man.

Cleric doesn't have that problem. You just lose Channel Energy.
>>
Has anyone here played a barbarian (Masquerade Reveler) by Mark Seifter yet?

If so, how was it? Are the rage round limitations as harsh as they say?
>>
>>43587488
>we shouldn't consider you Paizo's competitor, because you're not on a level where you can compete.

Quality over Quantity mate or do you want another 100 or so discussions about the Long-range Gardener, the Water Purifier Kineticist and the Packmule Fighter?
>>
>>43587504
>gimmicks like Paragon Surge

Okay, y'know, I've seen this a billion times before, and I think I get the idea, but can you explain to me what makes Paragon Surge so good?
Is a single feat enough to push Oracle up a whole tier? What am I missing?
>>
>>43587381
It's part time for everyone. Legal matters are largely covered by Andreas and Jeremy as the owning partners, depending on the exact nature of the issue in question. OGL compliance is shared between the boss dudes and the project leads.

I can't speak for all of DSP, but I personally have multiple projects that have been backburnered for extended periods because of scheduling constraints (both my own and the company's). I wrote up a Shadow magic project that's been ready for months but just doesn't have room in the publishing schedule right now. What is now Arcforge was originally written almost 3 years ago, and actually sat on that back burner so long that changes in the game (including the release of Paizo's Technology Guide) meant it all had to be almost completely rewritten. I'm sure there's more.

>>43587398
These are more Andreas questions, actually probably a bit out of either my or Gareth's wheelhouse, but I know that both Andreas and Jeremy are ambitious guys who want to make DSP a sustainable company under its own brand, and they are looking at things including their own rule sets, possibly supporting systems beyond PF if they get the right people and the market is strong enough, branching out into novels, etc. I can't really say beyond that.

>>43587446
Last I checked, I'm the only guy at DSP who has any interest in 5e, so there's probably need to be a couple more guys like me and enough proven demand to justify the attempt to branch into that market. My suggestion would be to watch for our next Kickstarter, and start rallying others who'd be interested in DSP materials for 5e to ask for it as a stretch goal. That would be a good way to both prove the demand and establish a budget for it.
>>
>>43587488
If you were expecting DSP to be a 'competitor' then you haven't been paying attention.

Paizo owns Pathfinder, one of the most successful TTRPGs. DSP owns... a truck I think?

>>43587508
>>43587509
Oracles don't lose QUITE so much as that.

Catechesis means that you count your Signifier levels for determining the effects of your Revelations. You can't acquire MORE of them from Signifier levels, but the ones you DO have keep getting better regardless.

You miss out on 3 of your 6 revelations (And your Final Revelation) from using Oracle. If you went with Dual Cursed oracle, you'd nab another Revelation from that, putting you at 4 Revelations which still keep up as if you'd put all your levels in Oracle.

Dual Cursed's hardly much of a downside anyway, just pick something ineffectual like Legalistic for the non-advancing one. Hell, that even fits fluffwise.
>>
>>43587488
I'm sorry, but what the fuck? Company size doesn't mean shit.

Paizo even admitted they've not done extensive playtesting with their materials and PFS is a shithole that can't into math or theorycrafting past 6th level because, and I quote verbatim "hurr durr durrr nobody plays past 6th level anyways durr"
>>
>>43587508
I don't want to be that One Guy, but, uh.

LLCs exist for a reason. If they're that PASSIONATE about it, they could throw their PASSION behind it and seek investors out and probably obtain a limited form of loan. They have quite a few products already, many of which are pretty high in quality, most of the flaws in which they are already very acutely aware of. More time and more money can solve them, and frankly, an investor would like to see that in a pitch.

In other words, they have a portfolio already that they can show off, and an idea of where to put the money when they get it, so it's a matter of going and getting that money and putting it where it needs to go.

I am, however, a sucker for entrepreneurial spirit, so maybe it's actually a horrid idea.
>>
>>43587454
>>43587477

> You've mostly got the hang of it.

Sorry, man. Like I said, it's all new shit to me, but learning all this is getting me pumped.

One other thing that was mentioned before that I really like is being able to solo shit on your own for when you wanna do stuff during downtime (like killing NPC adventurer groups) or killing masses of civilians.

> Clerics get all the spells, true, but an Oracle's Mystery is far beyond anything like a Domain. And Prep vs Spontaneous is also a consideration.

So what you're saying is instead having to prepare spells before venturing off, an Oracle can circumvent this through some method? I would mostly have favored spells, anyway. No point in unlocking every last spell if I'm not going to use a good portion of them.
>>
>>43587548
They could always do a Kickstarter to test the waters.
>>
>>43587549
Oracles cast like sorcerers; they know fewer spells, but they can cast any spell they know at a moment's notice.
>>
>>43587549
Clerics have access to their entire spell list, but need to prepare each spell they're going to cast at the beginning of the day.

Oracles just know a set amount of spells, and can cast whichever they want whenever as long as they have spell slots of that level left. It's a lot less bookwork, and better off for people who just want to be able to cast more of a smaller amount of spells.
>>
>>43587543
I am entirely certain that DSP could not only compete with but outdo Paizo as a publishing company if everyone currently working for them worked full time. Paizo has a lot of money and throws it in a fucking garbage can, both in terms of employees and actual content printed.
>>
>>43587527
the Arcane Bloodline for sorcerers has a level 9 power that, when you get it, grants you a spell.

Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) can get you that power, which gets you that spell.

Technically speaking, you don't lose the spell when you lose the feat at the end of Paragon Surge. Even if a GM says you do, that's still literally any spell at your fingertips, for the cost of a round or two of prep.
>>
>>43587585
Spont casters are better for people new to casting anyway. It's already a lot of reading as is.
>>
>>43587591
Paizo broke this ages ago.
>>
>>43587578
>Oracles know fewer spells?
How many do caster's get?
I'm playing a Time Oracle and am around level 9~ I keep running out of good low level spells and end up taking useless shit.
Like Flotsam Vessel which I used once.
>>
>>43587619
If by casters, you mean Clerics, they have literally the entire spell list. But every morning, they pick what spell is in which slot, and cannot change.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.