[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>an ancient evil is two days away from retirement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
>an ancient evil is two days away from retirement
>>
>>43579198
>Ancient evil enjoys the last 2 days of work
>Retires to the Uber beach dimension.
>>
>Male protagonist has to reach wedding reception before high noon or he'll become a pumpkin
>There was a rule against dogs playing sports, it was inside you the whole time
>The butler did 9/11
>>
>>43579198
Then the problem solves itself, dunnit?
>>
Retirement means lichdom, right?
>>
File: PrideJoy.jpg (89 KB, 778x1037) Image search: [Google]
PrideJoy.jpg
89 KB, 778x1037
>The raving lunatic shows you a picture of his pride and joy before the final battle.
>>
>>43579198
Did the Simpsons really show that much blood?
>>
>>43580328
Yeah. Simpsons riled up a lot of moral guardians back in the day
>>
>>43580328
Yes, granted the pic is of an in universe movie, so technically it's fake blood.
>>
>>43579198
I really enjoy that the McBane movie was almost coherent.
>>
>>43580634
MENDOZA!!!!
>>
ICE TO MEET YOU
>>
>>43580328
>there are people on 4chan RIGHT NOW who have never seen McBain swear revenge on Mendoza

Jesus, I'm old.
>>
>>43579198
>>an ancient evil is two days away from retirement
Then its boss calls it for one final job.
>>
>>43579314
Underrated post of the century
>>
>>43579198
> Ancient evil is fresh out the academy, top of it's class.
>>
File: Eternity Requires Focus.jpg (376 KB, 720x785) Image search: [Google]
Eternity Requires Focus.jpg
376 KB, 720x785
>>43581854
>it's
Apparently not.
>>
>>43579198
>setting where good cannot exist without evil
>demon lord is literally a necessary evil
>not all demon lords are bad people or do absolutely unforgivable things
>periodically demon lords will retire and pass on the role to a worthy successor, who can be the evil that good opposes
>suddenly hero breaks into castle and kills demon lord
>entire universe is thrown out of balence
>>
>>43581907
Fallout 4 came out. I haven't slept even a little.
>>
>>43581945
>entire universe is thrown out of balence
What did all the previous heroes do? Fail? Negotiate terms? Learn economics? Be executor of the previous Evil's will and coronate the new Evil?
>>
>>43581393
No reruns of simpsons?
>>
File: 20070302fallingdown.jpg (19 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
20070302fallingdown.jpg
19 KB, 200x300
>>43579198
>an ancient evil is one day away from retirement
Of all the days for the Commoner to revolt...
>>
>>43581963
Look man, you can't blame the murder of your son for everything.
>>
>>43582062
I get that reference, because I saw a gif about it earlier today.

>>43582046
>No reruns of simpsons?
I assume that after 38 seasons, the odds of hitting a pre-1995 episode are pretty slim and getting slimmer all the time.

>>43582050
The people on this board who have seen Falling Down are probably a minority as well.
>>
>>43582050
>Ancient Evil puts into action a fetch quest they had laying on the shelf.
>Retires two days later
>Never relaxes for fear Heroes will actually complete fetch quest.
>>
File: 6838236889078.gif (84 KB, 450x190) Image search: [Google]
6838236889078.gif
84 KB, 450x190
>>43582091
>The people on this board who have seen Falling Down are probably a minority as well.
Which is a shame because it is probably the perfect example of what an irl PC would look like.
>>
>>43582248
>>43582091
I'm not sure about that, honestly. I haven't seen it, but this isn't the first time I've seen people talk about it here.
>>
File: 1422675849489.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1422675849489.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
>>43582046
uh. chinatowwn occasionally streams old episodes, and you can stream them anywhere yourself (i.e. wtso.cc)

http://movietme.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=604
>>
>>43579198
>one day away from retirement
it legitimately irritated me how much they reused that lame fucking joke
>>
>>43582278
I CAN REBUILD!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA8K5QBoyzw
>>
>>43582278
I think your comprehension is bit off there.
>>
File: 1422686802332.gif (577 KB, 224x179) Image search: [Google]
1422686802332.gif
577 KB, 224x179
>>43582395
i think the point of my post was missed. just sharing. link is put up on /tv/ simpsons threads a lot.
>>
>>43582277
Give it a watch. The guy is basically a LN variant of a Paladin going on a crusade against all the things that have "ruined" America. Smashing up an over-priced convenient store, telling off gangs and bums, lecturing a fastfood joint about it's shitty burgers at gun point, ect..
Dude doesn't really have a plan and gets sort of surprised when people freak out at him waving a gun around. He has PC levels of disconnect from reality. It's cathartic and sad at the same time.

Also he is constantly upgrading his gear as he defeats foes. Starts with a briefcase, murderhobos his way up to a rocket launcher.
>>
>>43582611
>The guy is basically a LN variant of a Paladin going on a crusade against all the things that have "ruined" America.
Uuh, I don't know. I mean, I didn't see the whole movie, but the scene where he shot up a McDonald's because they didn't serve breakfast past 11:00 or whatever didn't strike me as particularly lawful...
>>
>>43582611
God, I need to watch this again now that I'm old enough to appreciate it.

I think the only time I saw it was when it first came to HBO after being in the theaters.
>>
>>43583056
He's doing it for society's sake, anon.
That's... I want to say 2e's definition of Lawful.
>>
>>43583601
I don't think that's anybody's definition of Lawful, Anon. I played 2e. You're thinking of Goodness, which is acting in such-and-such a way for the benefit of other people, or as we might put it "altruism."
Lawful Good believes that a society of laws and rules is the best way to help other people.
Lawful Evil believes that a society of laws and rules is the best way to get ahead as an individual.
Chaotic Good believes that eschewing personal limitations is the best way to help other people.
Something like that, anyway, I left the pasta on my other computer I think.
>>
>>43579198
MENDOZA!
>>
>>43582611
Uh. No. It sure as fuck isn't about how he's fighting against the shitty modern world and its ruinous parts. It's about a very disconnected and dysfunctional individual who THINKS he's doing all that. Which, granted, is what many PCs are, but still. He wouldn't be a paladin. He'd be a fallen paladin insisting he's not.

I mean, it literally culminates in him realizing that he was an abusive dickbag and suffered from massive blinders his whole life.
>>
>>43583694
Don't tell me what I think.
>Characters who believe in law believe that law, order, and society are natural, indeed vital, parts of the universe.

Lawful Good believes in Truth, Justice, and the Pelorian Way.
Chaotic Good believes in Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Both are total dicks if you somehow disagree with them.
>>43583750
Also an important note.
>>
>>43583750
Well that's why I said Lawful neutral and put ruined in quotes. Also why I mentioned how, like a PC, he's disconnected from the reality he's in.

My reasoning for D-Fens/Foster being LN is that he's locked into a very rigid and straightforward concept of how the world works based on what he's been told. In his mind if you work hard, you will get a home and security, if you get married you will have a wife and child and they will be happy. People will give you respect and the world will be fair because you are american. That's the way the system is supposed to work. The system is not working that way.
In D&D terms Foster has so little Wis and Cha he can't understand how incompatible his idea of reality is with everyone else's. When the world finally gets to chaotic he embarks on his quest to bring it back in line with the way he thinks it's supposed to be. He wants to restore order but is too inflexible to realise his idea of order is outdated.

And I mean seriously, this is how most LN PCs have ended up acting in my experience. They work to fanatically to enforce the details of abstract codes. Their Dredd inspired method usually end up causing even more trouble than the initial infraction. I'm not saying that's the way it should be played but I'v seen it go down like that way to much.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.