[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a dungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: BeneathArchardsOssuary.jpg (327 KB, 1300x1000) Image search: [Google]
BeneathArchardsOssuary.jpg
327 KB, 1300x1000
What sort of set pieces would you expect to find in an old crypt. What sort of set pieces would you NOT expect to find, but might anyways.
>>
File: crypt_props.jpg (2 MB, 3450x2400) Image search: [Google]
crypt_props.jpg
2 MB, 3450x2400
>>
File: crypt_props_by_vermin_star.jpg (186 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
crypt_props_by_vermin_star.jpg
186 KB, 900x675
>>
>>43574931
Well, who built the crypt.
>>
>>43574931
>What would you NOT expect to find, but might find anyways?
If the crypt is near any sort of civilization, farm animals.
If the crypt is near any wilderness, wild animals.
If the setting is non-magical, undead.
If the setting is magical, robots attempting to put on the skins of the dead in an attempt to gain guises to blend into humanity.
Nobody ever expects to find a Druid in a tomb guarding the dead.
>>
>>43574931
Depends on the setting.
>>
File: crypt_by_sonofamortician.jpg (208 KB, 576x394) Image search: [Google]
crypt_by_sonofamortician.jpg
208 KB, 576x394
>set pieces

Consider my jimmies rustled.

My vote goes for jars or barrels of embalming fluid. Could be fun depending on how flammable they are, and how many adventurers need to carry torches...
>>
>>43577168
>Depends
That's such a non-answer
>>
Well if it's a crypt I'd have to ask, who is buried there of significance. Are there the remains of some saint? Do pilgrims come here often? I'd be a bit alarmed if there was someone living down there and I figure most adventurers would come expecting skeletons. Here's how I would do a crypt dungeon. There's a village built at the foot of a mountain at the top of the mountain is the entrance to a crypt for all their great warriors. It's a customary pilgrimage for young warriors to try and climb the mountain and pray for strength from the spirits of their ancestors. There can be months and even years between the times when someone attempts the journey. Let's say out of the last three pilgrims two never returned and the third turned back up a month later starved and crazed. When the party rolls through town they're encouraged to go up and pray to the warriors for strength if they don't bite their offered payment to investigate the tombs. Once they reach the tomb they find that a necromancer had been excavating downwards and building a necropolis in the mountain underneath the tomb using zombie laborers, she's brainwashed the two pilgrims into becoming her thralls. Unfortunately for her she struck open a tunnel once she'd reached a certain depth of excavating the mountain she struck open a chamber into the upper levels of the Underdark and duergar have begun to stalk the lower levels of the abandoned necropolis invisible and bloodthirsty.
>>
I would not expect any kind of non-fungal plant life down there. But nature is tough, would be cool to see trees and roots growing between the stones.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.