[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeons the Dragoning 40.000 7th edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1406156332061.png (2 MB, 779x1053) Image search: [Google]
1406156332061.png
2 MB, 779x1053
>info and download
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dungeons:_the_Dragoning_40,000_7th_Edition

It weirds me to see that /tg/ never talks about the game that was made for it.

Tell me about your characters
>>
I've discovered it recently and after talking to my friends we are going to start a campaign

We are only 4 people, and I'll be the GM, but because character creation is so funny I made a GMPC as well (seen enough threads to know what NOT to do with GMPCs) so far we have

Warforged promethean big shooter follower of the omnisiah that looks like Eva-01

Dullahan symbiotic knight follower of Sigmar and obsessed with padding chaos

Arachne spellshooter nephilim with magical prowess
>>
File: shiggyDIO.jpg (108 KB, 747x722) Image search: [Google]
shiggyDIO.jpg
108 KB, 747x722
>>43574430

>playing lel: the game
>talking about lel: the game
>>
File: what the image says.jpg (456 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
what the image says.jpg
456 KB, 900x675
>>43574454
>implying playing "lel the game" isn't funny as shit
>>
>>43574454
to be fair, the system is actually pretty solid and balanced
>>
>>43574430
Roland Koratz: A former Aasimar member of the Mercykillers and a devoutee of Bahamut. Known for making waves within the organization, Roland was betrayed by rivals during the cleansing of a clan of feral vampires on a space hulk. Roland was trapped on the hulk as it jumped into the warp and was forced to fend for himself for three years. After the space hulk finally exited the warp, Roland was able to escape, a vampire, but not by choice. Still devoted to his ideals, he now works from the outside to bring down the organization he once tried to change from the inside, so it can be rebuilt into something more.
>>
>>43574454
Some of us have no problem playing it completely straight.
>>
>>43574498
tell me about your companions, the interactions must have been hilarious
>>
The game just blows my mind, but I've never found a stable game. Something always happens to cut the game short. Bums me out.

That being said, last character I played was a Paragon Ork Kaptain who worshiped the Dakka and had a pet Ork named Mistah Shmee
>>
File: ௵.jpg (2 KB, 124x87) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
2 KB, 124x87
Is it me or do you start the game grossly overpowered?

I'm level one and with the inheritance background I was allowed to start with a demonic sword of 4k3 pen 7 that explodes on tens and nines and with a a full plate armor that gives me 8 protection to everything on top to 16 wounds (the normal being 6 or 7)
>>
>>43574529
>Something always happens to cut the game short. Bums me out
what do you mean?
>>
>>43574536
well on that ork game the GM vanished on us. online games being what they are, its kinda easy to pull that off.

stuff like that
>>
>>43574531
Yes but everyone and everything is overpowered in dungeon the dragoning so it's Actually fine.
>>
>>43574531
That's the point. That demonic sword is probably wanted in a hundred different crystal spheres, and its owner wanted in a hundred more. This isn't your, "You meet in a tavern as some low level shits" campaign. You're exalts. You're already something really special from the start.
>>
I'll show you. Older game, but damn, it was FUN.
>>
>>43574522
I have much more detailed notes at home, will post some of them after work.

At the moment, these are what I can recall of my companions.

Adage IL'Vec: A hotheaded human flintlock pistol duelist from a low nobility household on some 18th century-style world (Thomas Jefferson style). Adage unlocked some strange sythre spirit within him that led to him carving African mystic runes into the wood of his flintlock pistols. Essentially, the character is based on the player liking the fact that Elemental Gearbolt is designed for primitive weapons aka bows, but flintlock pistols counted as primitive and with clay pigeon, he never needed to reload.

Gotta get back to work, but there's two other characters, Elven chosen of Nurgle with a wraithbone arm, and a Darksteel Promethean Squat.
>>
>>43574550
I'm sorry man

Although, it's kinda a relief to see that it isn't the game's fault, only your circumstances
>>
>>43574579
Absolutely wonderful, however
>playing human
you fail the game
>>
>>43574551
>>43574552
oh, this is going to be hilarious then

how high is the morality rate?
>>
>tfw can't get anyone else to play this game
>so many character ideas I could probably stat out a whole party myself
>if I ever play it I'm going to have to DM just to convince people it isn't actually a joke

DTD40k7e: the feels
>>
What I like the most about this game, besides character creation, the vast amount of posibilities for combat

I don't see any useless combat approach that is obsolete compared to the rest, be it melee, guns or magic, thanks to the sword styles, feats and gun-kata

or maybe I'm mistaken
>>
>>43574653
Make a DMPC and don't be a dick about it (don't make him/her the leader, don't make him overpowered, use him as support in battles, etc.)
>>
>>43574624
oh totally. Though I've had only a little game time, its was pretty fun. Absolutely love the system
>>
>>43574653
tell me about those characters and I'll introduce them as NPCs in my campaign
>>
>>43574638
the rate man, the rate

in any fantasy game, the rate human/non human should either be 1/5 or 5/1 or similar
>>
>>43574653

I understand your pain, brother.
>>
I'm going to start a campaign where the players are treasure hunters that have arrived on a medieval planet, to be more precise a giant metropolis similar in structure to the renaissance ones but with asian culture and architecture (I wanted to go full weeb)
What race should be the predominant? Tengu? Catfolk? I though of humans, but a young race wouldn't fit really
>>
>>43574951
Orks, if only for Ork Geisha
>>
>>43574961
as funny as it would be, I rather keep the first sessions serious
>>
>>43574653
dude, stat them up, give them back-stories and post them to the forum, they can get into the third or fourth book as example enemies.

by the by, there are people working on a 3rd book

>>43574651
>how high is the morality rate?
from the first paragraph of page 5 of Dungeons; the Dragoning 40K 7.6th edition
>If you cry when you lose a character, get lost - you're going to cry. If it hurts your fragile sensibilities to see your favorite character get pounded unmercifully by horrorterrors from beyond the Crystal Spheres, you'd better look the other way. If you've ever whined the words "That's too powerful," then put the book down slowly and walk away before making eye contact with anyone or they'll realize your voice hasn't changed yet.

the point is that while you are overpowered compared to normal people, you are NOT overpowered compared to other exalts
>>
>>43574430
>It weirds me to see that /tg/ never talks about the game that was made for it.
Probably because it's shit. Just like /tg/
>>
>>43574430
>Tell me about your characters
I'm a literally brainless catboy sperm slave to my amazonian catgirl mistresses because that's an actual goddamn thing in D:tD
>>
>>43575109
That was three threads ago in the fanbook. When it was brought up on /tg/, the dudes on /tg/ made their displeasure well known about that subject.

Now, last time I looked, the male cat-people are more like Lion-O than what you just said.
>>
>>43575263
The whole thing is a fanbook m8
>>
>>43575308
The fanbook's fanbook, cheeky cunt.
>>
>>43575065
excellent

I think there is a point to the expansive character creation: making enemies foe the party
>>
>>43575100
>this game is shit
>would anyone do that? just go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>43575263
actually, while you are correct about catfolks in the book, there is nothing stopping people from playing the furry fucboi type
>>
>>43575745
or even themed teams...

like all 9 of the TF2 classes, or planetary armed response teams by threat and local tech level..
>>
>>43575811
you are right, that too
in any case, this thread should be good for getting ideas for nemesis and enemies
>>
>>43575786
Yes but then its on you fukawit, not on the game.
>>
>>43575860
here's the forum with the bleeding edge in brew for book 3.
>http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/forum/3608394/

I wonder what a drop-pod of assimar in full kit power-armour could do in terms of 1 round full attack

also, who thinks the book 2 section featuring vehicles needs a rewrite, like really badly?...
>>
how viable in this game is to go full weeaboo with a katana and play a little girl?
>>
>>43575930
>>43575930
Fairly viable. Technically, there isn't a katana but you can take a sword template and fluff it as a katana. Most Exaltations generally show up around teenagedom so....eh.

>>43575927
Pretty much everyone. It's obvs slapdash compared to book 1.
>>
>>43575927
oh, that book? We used it extensively in character creation. The new races are really cool and the added exaltations and classes are a nice addition
>>
>>43575964
what does slapdash mean?
>>
>>43576041
without polish or refinement, inconsistent.

>>43575964
yes, so who's gonna rewrite it?
cause I sure as hell am not qualified to do it.
>>
>>43576073
to be fair, was lawfulnice qualified to make DtD?
>>
>>43576101
this

first edition was a bit of a fucking mess, but 1.6 is fairly balanced

Im no matematician, so I doubt I would do anything well with baancing/rewritting the vehicles
>>
>>43576101
touche'
but he probably does not have dyslexia and ADHD

I do, they suck, and they prevent me from doing concrete concentrated tasks correctly.

best I could do is point out the odd spelling or grammatical error...

>>43576140
>balancing/rewriting
at this point it needs corrected use of terms too.

I could notice that from the first readthrough.
I couldn't balance anything to save my life either...
>>
>>43576184
being able to point out problems is a viable thing dude

i also think on that forum linked earlier a guy is deep in trying to revamp vehicle/spessship shit
>>
>>43576199
I remember seeing a bunch of added vehicles and ships, but no concrete rules revisions...
>>
>>43574430
I have a game in the wings, but I have had to pause the prologue because of Real Life. Party is a Human Vampire Spellsword that was alive during the Trojan War on Terra (has lost almost all of his Potency), a Tau Paragon that's Shepard meets Farsight, an Aasimar Maid Font (please don't ask), and a craftworld Eldar Paragon going Striking Scorpion.

First planet is a world where the Tau are bringing their Greater Good to, populated with Vanarans, Catfolk, Viashno, which I fluffed as Kroot-meets-Turian, and Ophidians. The Space Hulk the vampire is in stasis on has entered system, and the Tau is going over to divert it from the collision course it is on for the planet. Eldar and Aasimar are tailing a Kython splinter in the system when the Hulk dewarps and they lose it. Yes I'm using as much stuff from Book 3 as possible for stuff so I can provide feedback to the forum.
>>
>>43576184
I have ADHD, it has gotten better over the years, but I doubt I could keep myself motivated with a long term project such as this with no direct reward
>>
>>43576242
>Aasimar Maid Font
>don't ask
no fucking way I'm not asking

tell me more about this glorious bastard
>>
>>43576278
>tips n tricks
>long term projects for the ADHD

1.) set a vague goal, one with a LOT of side-routs and fidly details over a spectrum of topics. (for example creating a setting)

2.) general outline of needed things, write one up.

3.) jump around all over the fucking project doing little things for as long as you can at a stretch.

4.) once you lose focus you damn well jump to some other place on the outline for a bit.

5.) if you're really good you set several long term goals and bounce between them or bounce around within them.

6.) at the end you jump around the various piecemeal parts smoothing the edges so everything sticks together well

if you did it right you end up with a finished or near finished project(or three) done in a reasonable time period
>>
>>43576308
Don't ask.

Its a filthy fucking FONT.
>>
>>43576487
what's wrong with them?
>>
>>43576487
same question
>>43576493
>what's wrong with them?
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10315444/1/
>>
>>43576391
no, don't worry, my condition is better and I already have my tips for working
>>
>>43575927
the vehichle section doesn't need it nearly as badly as the item creation section.

>>43574712
>tell me about those characters
Well first is Matrioshka, who would probably be an aasimar or squat, but it's not super relevant because the point is to be a promethian in a machinator array, in heavy power armor in a (minimum necessary size) mech at all times. If it's actually possible to get a second mech of larger size I'd do that too but I don't think you can at chargen.

then there's Magical Boss Pretty Dakka, a (male) ork warboss font who goes full magical girl. again, as long as ork, guns, and magical girl tropes are all set to 11 the rest can come organically

after a discussion about "strikejamming" a system an anon posted about a couple months ago to let vehichle scale interact with spelljammer scale I wanted to try at the vehicle rules to make an open-top one-seater vehicle with a wave motion cannon and as much speed as possible, then do a vampire or void dragonblooded as the guy who thought to strap a chair and an engine onto a bigass gun and kill spaceships. maybe a kenku to turn the premise mildly less insane
>>
>>43576308
Allow me to state the following for the record: The player is a reformed That Guy and is fully aware of what he is doing/did. My memory is shit and I do not have his character sheet. If you want to find bugs or exploits in a system/splat, give him 24 hours and he'll find the worst offenders without fail.

From what I can remember, the character is a female Aasimar, the fluff doesn't say they're impossible or makes comment that gender dysphoria after the transformation into aasimar is neglible, who remembers parts of her past life. And how her transformation wasn't entirely willing. She leaves her cadre and enrolls in a mage's college where she comes across an artifact during her finals as a first year. This is a brooch which fuels her Font abilities, and also transforms into a giant, flying/antigrav surfboard tank thing (from some mecha I have never seen). It is Size 20 and has a D Cannon mounted. Yeah. Additionally, she has a Spirit Mentor that is a familiar of her mentor, who has other students they tend do and is Very Busy Elsewhere but can be contacted.

So he is playing a 3 meter tall, androgenic muscle-warrior woman, a laconic baby couatl as a side kick, who transforms into a magical girl in Gothic Lolita, and Burning Fingers suckers into toast after strafing blocks of mooks on a flying Lemans Russ that has a charged particle turret with 360 tracking on it at Mach 1. He is playing this entirely straight faced.

>>43576487
See, reactions like this are why I told them upfront that I wanted to jump up and down on the stuff from Book 3 and return with hard won lessons.
>>
>>43576826
>This is a brooch which fuels her Font abilities, and also transforms into a giant, flying/antigrav surfboard tank thing (from some mecha I have never seen). It is Size 20 and has a D Cannon mounted
you what
>>
>>43576886
Dude took Holdings enough for the vehicle, Artifact 2 for the size altering, and Backing to represent the research into its nature and approval of the character's mentor on keeping it. Was good enough for me when he expkained it and we worked it out. I told y'all not to ask.
>>
>>43576982
oh, well I guess if you okayed it. you made it sound like that was all just from being a font and goddamn.
>>
File: 538.jpg (11 KB, 200x396) Image search: [Google]
538.jpg
11 KB, 200x396
>>43576826
>>
>>43576199
>i also think on that forum linked earlier a guy is deep in trying to revamp vehicle/spessship shit
nope, just a guy making up more ships, unless I'm looking at the wrong thread...

though the Rigger and DIY classes pique my interest.

>>43576719
neat, just thought I'd share one of my more recent processes.
>>
File: JudgeJudy.jpg (53 KB, 472x499) Image search: [Google]
JudgeJudy.jpg
53 KB, 472x499
>>43574638
>Not just dropping a Human Paragon in the mix and play a slightly more subtle joke.
>>
>>43574430
What are some decent games that feel like they'd be decent DtD campaigns? Darksiders, Devil May Cry, and Dante's Inferno come to my mind.
>>
File: Dungeons the Dragoning 3.6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dungeons the Dragoning 3.6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
current copy of the latest book.

for the curious
>>
>>43577606
No More Heroes, easily.

In fact probably anything Suda51 has touched, he's a madman.
>>
File: dante1.jpg (138 KB, 1024x1325) Image search: [Google]
dante1.jpg
138 KB, 1024x1325
>>43577606
Favorite Spectacle Fighter character combat style right here. Someone stat based Dante for me, please.
>>
>>43577606
>>43577615
>memefags WISHING they could be DMC tier
Yall niggas may think you're Dante but you're all just Donte
>>
Does this game has any fatal influences?
>>
>>43575100
>Probably because it's shit. Just like /tg/
pol pot is that you?
>>
>>43578293
No, and it's staying that way
>>
>>43577429
>in the mix
key phrase, if it isn't a mix and there is more than one human then your party fails the game
>>
>>43577610
that's only the second expansion, made by fans

here is the first expansion/ second book, can't upload the main book because it's size is too big (13MB) but the link to download is in the page of the OP
>>
>>43578293
no, it is actually good
>>
>>43578264
don't tell me what to do niggog
>>
>>43574430
>It weirds me to see that /tg/ never talks about the game that was made for it.
Because no one plays it for some reason
>>
>>43579012
It's a shame. It's a good, fun game. I wish that my own group was more willing.
>>
the forums are becoming more a conga line of back rubs that exclude outside ideas, had a very much first come first serve outlook to fluff additions even if the second idea might have better potential
>>
>>43579065
yeah it's not hostile but it's not exactly inviting or conducive to meaningful development.
>>
>>43578192
>tfw best dante is halberdier dante from prologue
>tfw DtD doesn't have statted halberds, just 'great weapons'
>>
>>43579065
I suspect that what is needed then is an influx of people.

and to do that we need to address >>43579012

so I'm gonna start "gift basketing" sets of the rules on thumbdrives (I have a big box of them as leftovers from some promotional event) to everyone in my nerd-group who does TTRPGS to distribute.
>>
>>43579096
its honestly given me a passive aggressive feel, a sort of unspoken "stop ruining our vibe" also I kinda think Dullahans and Lemulians are superfluous myself.

I had been planning to make a wargame setting based on this, but as the stuff I wanted to add and a couple other plans fell through I'm pulling a Blizzard and making my own very similar setting instead, the idea is to mix the best of the systems for tactical wargams the same way DtD does for RPGs
>>
File: Wait_What.jpg (498 KB, 1280x1004) Image search: [Google]
Wait_What.jpg
498 KB, 1280x1004
>>43575065
>they can get into the third or fourth book as example enemies.
>by the by, there are people working on a 3rd book
>>
>>43579065
I like the "alternatives" the third book is offering, maybe some could be done for races as the wheel is meant to be on some level a build your own setting
>>
>>43575927
>also, who thinks the book 2 section featuring vehicles needs a rewrite, like really badly?...
And the whole spess combat thing, jesus christ
>>
>>43579177
a friend of mine was working to refine the vehicle system to make mechs more playable
>>
>>43579145
yup.
see >>43577610 current edition of the 3rd book, made by people who aren't lawfulnice though so watch out.

>>43579177
>And the whole spess combat thing, jesus christ
exactly.

>>43579164
>alternatives
there are so many of those all over the forum...
>>
>>43579210
exactly, an entire book of alternatives could be implemented, as both extra options and substitutes
>>
>>43579229
at that point you'd have to pull a shadowrun and break the 3rd book into splats by type...

what sort of titles would those books then have I wonder?

>weapons
"Branigans big book of brew"
>>
>>43579266
>races
"the Kirkening"
>>
File: monotreeme.png (228 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
monotreeme.png
228 KB, 600x467
>>43579266
Oh hey sup

>Vehicles etc.
"DIY: Gurren Buster 5000"?
>>
>>43574430
What is the power level of this game supposed to be? It doesn't seem quite Exalted, but it feels like it's supposed to be above D&D? But the description of the Attributes make it seem like mid- to low-levels have you as just a regular person, or less powerful than so, while the higher-tier Attributes are described as being the tippy-top of human potential.

Are the Exalts alone supposed to be what make your stats super-powered? I'm not quite sure I understand where this game lies.
>>
>>43579315
>someone remembers
...I'm oddly touched...

>>43579328
>What is the power level of this game supposed to be?
characters start at something like this...
mid-series anime character
late series TV-show supers character
level 10+ character in D&D
>>
>>43579266
>>43579279
>Races
Commodore Kirk's Little Black Book

>Weapons/Equipment
Admiral Brannigan's Requisition Forms

>Sword Schools/Gun Katas and Classes
Meditations of the Jade Princess

>Spaceships/Vehicles
Starwind Enterprises Blue Book

>Crystal Spheres and new enemies
Wheels Within the Wheel
>>
>>43576826
hey anon if you're still here: aside from being cuhrazy how did the font play? did the resource stat work out, did you have to fuck with anything?
>>
>>43579593
what about exaltations?
>>
>>43579712
Ripley's big book of freaks
>>
>>43579593
>>43579795
>all of those
FUCK YES
>>
>>43579712
Uh, shit. I knew I was forgetting something important.
"@_SigilMan #FuckTheJudges" springs immediately to mind but I wouldn't seriously submit that.
Give me a couple minutes to let my subconscious come up with something.
>>
>>43579795
Oh, that's actually really good. Fuck my Twitter joke or whatever I think of when that leaves my head, I think you nailed it.
>>
for the little story segments one popped in my head, the Startrek Episode "Arena" with Gaunt in the role of Kirk and Gor'Rok as the Gorn captain
>>
>>43580110
We can have the Prince of all Vanarans revealing that he's a Kryptonian to tear the arms off a killer robot clown.
>>
What if we ditched the current hierarchy of sins style alignments with alignment specific breaking points?
>>
>>43580110
>>43580248
POST IT UP, IT MIGHT MAKE THE CUT.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10330808/1/
>>
>>43580396
sadly my Arena bit came to me as a vague dream, cant remember it that well
>>
>>43580395
explain further.

there was suggestion in a /tg/ thread a while back of redoing alignment after i think L5R's honor system, and a lazier suggestion of just also allowing inverse alignment checks to gain devotion if you exemplify your alignment. the forum has a thread saving the gist of the ideas.
>>
>>43580396
That one image where that scene from the blues brothers is translated into techpriests seems like it'd be a good DtD fluff piece with more description of the scene.

I'm ass at writing though
>>
>>43580433
Yeah, I'm one of the guys who suggested redoing the alignments to that your devotion fluctuates like honor in L5R, unfortunately I'm also a lazy fuck who loves throwing out half-baked ideas and then not following up on them.
>>
>>43580431
THEN POST UP THE IDEA.

SOMEONE'S BOUND TO TAKE IT AND RUN.
>>
>>43579919
If there was a Spherenet that would be the kind of thing that should go into it.

At best Sigil's got an internet due to lol no transmissions but vague messages through Warp for FTL communication.
>>
>>43580433
>43580433
I don't know about anyone else but I was of the idea of doing it like the 'devotion' from Anima where you do things aligned with your god to up your devotion and after a certain point (halfway through), you get a new chart of harder things to do because if you're THAT devoted you really need to prove yourself to appease your god as well as having nono's that make your god pissy and lower your rank.

You know what I mean? That thing that starts with an 'e' I think....
>>
>>43581075
Huh?
From what (little) I could comprehend that sounds quite interesting.
>>
>>43580760
This
>>
>>43581912
Check out Anima then. I can't do it now but I like the idea of improving through actions rather than pure buying and NOT LOSING A WHOLE STAT POINT FROM A BAD ROLL.
>>
File: the-face-of-comprehension.jpg (119 KB, 1125x477) Image search: [Google]
the-face-of-comprehension.jpg
119 KB, 1125x477
As I read the rulebook, I just get more and more intrigued by this. It seems Baroquely maximalistic in its complexity, yet at the same time, it feels manageable. I need to seriously look into this.
>>
>>43583564
there is a grace to it's design the rules flow and synchronize well, a synergy many systems envy
>>
>>43583599
>everyone's mad jelly of my shitty little meme-n-fetish system~
Do you ever worry about getting methane poisoning when you're furiously huffing your own farts like that?
>>
>>43583564
I had that same feeling dude. I looked it over first and it seemed way too much but then I got into it and it sorta just clicked.
>>
>>43583703
>meme-n-fetish system
I don't know about it being a 'meme game', but everyone agrees the zombie catboy thing was retarded and we got over it. The rising amount of monster races is a reason for concern, though.
>>
>>43584273
>I don't know about it being a 'meme game',
It is 95% meme. This is not necessarily a bad things, but it is not up for debate.
>>
I cast bump.
>>
>>43585296
Bump is successful.

So, I'm thinking about running a short campaign, maybe 8 sessions at most, using this system. What should I do with it? I'm thinking of just sort of stealing ideas from Star Trek, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Evangelion and Clerks but I'm not sure if it's...

Who the fuck am I kidding, that just wrote itself!
>>
>>43585431
>Star Trek, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Evangelion and Clerks
The game takes place on a travelling convenience store floating through space with some weird as fuck customers.
>>
>>43585457
Nah, it should be on a small space trade caravan boldly seeking out commerce and profit where no man has gone before. They come across strange phenomena on their journey, most of which turn out to be the work of an enemy exalt. Any given item they stock is probably smuggled, stolen, enchanted with rare and possibly dangerous magic, or some combination of the above. But are those the only secrets the party hides, or is it just a front hiding something far more sinister? Something that threatens the Wheel with the fate of destruction, but also, perhaps, offers it the joy of rebirth? The party attracts the messengers of God wherever it goes... although said messengers don't do much except hang around outside the ships and smoke pot.
>>
>>43585457
Also, the two stoners out front floating/loitering may or may not be Font exalts...
>>
>>43585703
Correcting my post here >>43585704
They are clearly Chosen exalts
>>
File: DiemayAngelPossibleImage.png (689 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
DiemayAngelPossibleImage.png
689 KB, 800x569
>>43585704
>>43585729
No, they're neither, they are warp angels.
>>
>>43585793
Why do you say that?
>>
>>43574430
Does this game system act well if you want to play an RPG that's kind of Spectacle-Fighter-ish?
>>
>>43587159
Yes. The Platinum Perfect Sword School and Daemon Trigger Gun Kata are right up your alley.
>>
>>43574430
Does anyone know if there is an exalt--in the book or on the forums, I haven't downloaded them all yet--that does Nephilim like in Diablo 3 or Darksiders?

>>43587257
>Daemon Trigger Gun Kata
Is the Demon Trigger from DmC a thing that can happen otherwise, or do you need to specialize in a combat school that gives it to you?
>>
>>43587319
>that does Nephilim like in Diablo 3 or Darksiders
Um, haven't played either of those so I'll just go out on a limb and guess either Paragon or Daemonhost
>>
>>43587319
>>43587935
there is a nephilim exaltation in the third book that is an alternative demonhost with some changes

Also, you can go cuhrayzee all you want with other styles, Demon Trigger IS a combat school that favors being cuhrayzee, but definitely not the only way to be so
>>
>>43579624
Haven't done his prologue session yet. Currently paused on the Tau and vampire dealing with all the left over Warp exposure on the Hulk and figuring out what's going on and how to stop it respectively. Should I be concerned about the fonts resource management?
>>
>>43589787
I'm the guy responsible for fonts, it's been a point of contention in various forms. most recently the requirement of spending resources was criticized on the forums. I made a slight tweak to the resource stat and limit on power of friendship to refill drops in response to that, and I'm just generally interested how it handles in the wild because I haven't playtested shit myself
>>
>>43590842
I've got an older version of the book, so what he's got built up prolly isn't that tweak. I'm not gonna tell him about said tweak unless he makes comments about lagging behind. I do know he took Overflowing Power though.
>>
File: 1359584491742.jpg (191 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
1359584491742.jpg
191 KB, 498x750
A while ago I decided to start making Paragon feats for different races like how Book 3 started. Here's what I've got so far.

There Is No Substitute For Zeal (Aasimar, Paragon)
Once per scene, you may make a Devotion Test. If you succeed, you may regain action points up to half of your Devotion, and any extra being converted into Pressure Points. If you fail, you gain a bonus to resist Degeneration equal to your Excellence.

antling The Paths (Eladrin, Paragon)
The greatest of Eladrin Heroes are the Exarchs, those who commit wholly to a Path. This dedication however narrows their perspective and ability to branch outwards. Whenever you increase your Excellence, you may double the Completion Bonus of a class you have already completed. If that is a free Feat, instead gain one Specialty in any class skill for which you have at least one dot. You may not switch class tracks at any point, instead you must complete the class you are currently in and then choose to switch class tracks, or continue on your current.

Masterful Adaptability (Human, Paragon)
Never tell a Human that something is impossible to do, learn, or master. If nothing else, they’ll do it just to spite you. You may purchase Feats as if you were always in Free Study.

Lead By Example (Tau, Paragon)
The Greater Good teaches that the success of one elevates all. Either that or you get hyped up really easily. At least it works both ways! You may spend Pressure Points on any ally that can see you. Whenever an ally that you can see succeeds on a Stunt, you regain Pressure Points equal to the stunt dice gained on the roll.
>>
>>43591230
if he does encounter problems i'd say check out the update
http://s4.zetaboards.com/LawfulNice/topic/10315444/1/
then if he still sucks, yell at me about what a shit designer I am so I have reason to come up with some better idea. I'd say drop the drop a round requirement of the exalt between those two but since he picked the asset that makes it moot, that won't help.

If he sucks because he's getting taxed every round he's transformed, make sure any lagging he experiences takes it with a grain of salt. If Overflowing Power is OP I'd appreciate any comments to that effect too, I dunno if the version you're using matches what's on the forum but check that if shit's just too good
>>
>>43591289
Post these on the forum.
>>
>>43591289
these seem good, although with the vast amount of things that are already in the game I'm unsure if they'll see any use
>>
How would you fix vehicle rules?
>>
>>43596223
what is wrong with vehicle rules? people have mentioned how item creation rules make for very awkward power to rarity ratios, but what's wrong with vehicles?
>>
>>43596345
I know other people have been complaining about it. Personally, I found the creation rules to be on the complex side, and not as fun as I'd like. Then again, vehicles are complicated by necessity. Maybe it's just me.

Custom weapons could be cheaper.
>>
what pre-existing race would be good to use as a base for Protoss?
>>
>>43574430
Anaethe, Dryad Demiurge Negotiator.
Heiress to a Megacorp that specialises in Biotech.
Plagued by delusions of grandeur and obsessed with becoming a god.
Captains the Genzine BPV (Brand Projection Vessel) Verdant Tide. A cruiser designed to be a biotech lab, but retrofitted to test odd consoles and weapon systems.

The campaign has the party taking part in a galactic Rumble in a pirate sphere, to determine ownership of said sphere.
>>
>>43596564
Like their attitude? Totally Eldarin.
>>
>>43596564
Kythons with Primal Mage.
>>
>>43586025
To put more Evangelion in the campaign.
>>
File: we had a good run, old friends.jpg (229 KB, 977x1353) Image search: [Google]
we had a good run, old friends.jpg
229 KB, 977x1353
>>43598922
O-okay...
>>
File: 1437618933359.jpg (14 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
1437618933359.jpg
14 KB, 265x190
How would one play pic related?
>>
>>43601589
Slime race + Vampire + Raging Locomotive
>>
>>43601628
>>43601589
...Dungeons the Dragoning..

"encompassing all the important things about playing a character, in three minutes or less"
>>
>>43601672
Isn't that half the appeal?
>>
>>43602182
absolutely.

but I feel it needs a catchphrase or slogan to that effect. printed on the back cover maybe...
>>
>>43602288
"I never knew so much badass could fit into one game!" Anon 1
"Truly encompassing all of our most favorite memes all at once" Anon 2
"So good, you know Virtual Optim hates it." Anon 3
>>
>>43602842
>"So good, you know Virtual Optim hates it." Anon 3

Oh god, my sides!
>>
So, anyone playing this still?
>>
>>43574430
An adventure yet to be played, but the pcs are gradually inducted into the imperial navy, which is a mix between Mass Effect and 40K, though captained by people from wan piss.
>>
>>43604690
They are assigned to track down experimental promethean developed by a weapons contractor. These are the cyborgs from Cyborg 009 and the evil corporation Black Ghost is actually a front for a Khorne and Tzeech cult, who are unwitting dupes for a Maal cult. The pcs must chase the cyborgs through the sphere, unraveling the consperericy and deal with rival forces including the SLA corporation and Aptus Mechanicus
Sorry I just typed this on my phone.
>>
>>43574430
To-P'Qeq, Lizardman Paragon Rassler. A disgraced former blood bowl player, cast out of the league after it was discovered he was practically swimming in strength-enhancing potion, he lived the next few decades in ignominy. After his wife died, he set out to leave his mark on history, preferably by punching people in the face. So far he has single-handedly staged a jail break with only one hand, arm-wrestled an Orc, fought an entire Orc mob at once and won, and has also juggled an Orc. It's been quite fun.
>>
File: feth_WIP_2_feb6.jpg (33 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
feth_WIP_2_feb6.jpg
33 KB, 800x484
I played two characters in our DtD game, an Elf Promethean named Feth Quartich and a Human Daemonhost named Oracle.

Feth rode in a massive fuck-off suit of power armor and commanded a group of 20 highly trained mercenaries. Feth fucking hated most elves, thought they were snooty tree-fuckers, and became a Promethean to distance himself from his race. Once he found a chain-axe, he immediately created a set of magical Chainsaw Knees, and would leap into battle with his patented battle cry: "CHAINSAW KNEEEEEES"
>>
File: 1391556604699.jpg (258 KB, 724x817) Image search: [Google]
1391556604699.jpg
258 KB, 724x817
Later, after Feth came down with a bad case of being exploded from the ears down, Oracle took over his ass-kicking duties planetside. Normaly the team's background secretary, Oracle was the result of an interrupted cultist sacrifice which tried to bond an Elder God to a kidnapped princess. She's a pretty chipper girl, despite having a hole to the Furthest Ring where her face used to be. She wears a wedding veil most of the time, so it's not too big a deal.
>>
File: What_do_I_look_like.jpg (116 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
What_do_I_look_like.jpg
116 KB, 500x500
>>43604806
>despite having a hole to the Furthest Ring where her face used to be
>>
File: The_Gift_of_Elder_Kalashnikov.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
The_Gift_of_Elder_Kalashnikov.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Best game I'll probably never convince players to show up for.
>>
File: 1437510006910.jpg (344 KB, 1126x844) Image search: [Google]
1437510006910.jpg
344 KB, 1126x844
>>43604716
>To-P'Qeq
I like you.
>>
>>43574430
I need to get my players through a bunch of other games before they can even begin to comprehend this masterpiece.
>>
>>43609176
Just tell them to troll around On /tg/ for two-three weeks with the occasional spin to 1d4chan. It'll start coming to them.
>>
>>43609578
It's not the same as having your players do a bunch of one shots in different systems followed by putting them in a DtD campaign that merges all of the previous one shots together.
>>
>>43611636
Agreed, but it's a start, right?
>>
Post your crazy builds, folks!
Goblin Paragon Courtier
Dragonborn Dragonblooded Dragoon
Ork Vampire Ratcatcher
Dryad Promethean Psycho
>>
>>43613518

One's I've actually used...

Dyrad Dragonborn Paladin back before resilience, damn near immune to physical damage, magic not so much.

Tau Chosen Sorc of Tzeentch- Your enemies won't see that coming and you only have one setting for magic, PUSH.
>>
>>43614337
Nice.
I was pretty plain in the one shot I played in - Eldarin Atlantean Swordmage. Basically I was just good at swords and spells.
>>
>>43579593
>>43579795
I love everything about this idea, which one should we do first?

>>43584273
you kidding, monster races are always a good thing when done right, besides if we really do a splat book just for races a good chunk of them will probably be additional monster races

>>43600575
every time I see that image it hurts more and more
>>
>>43616212
Of course it hurts. It's like a phaser blast right set to "Feels".
>>
>>43616212
Well, the key phrase is 'when done right'. As long as they aren't retarded, I'm all for more races to choose from.

What do we not have as a race so far? All I can think of are Duergar.
>>
>>43616422
its why you should always use stunners. set them to stun

if anyone gets that reference i will be so happy yet also sad for your sake
>>
File: 1432415614395.png (793 KB, 811x927) Image search: [Google]
1432415614395.png
793 KB, 811x927
I have a challenge for this system and setting.

how would you run a Binding of Isaac themed/inspired campagin?

what elements could or would you draw from the game? NPCs? intrigue? items? races? classes? exaltations?

I've been playing too much Afterbirth these days...
>>
File: 1438106249937.png (26 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1438106249937.png
26 KB, 520x390
>>43619007
>Binding of Isaac
>>
>>43619007
I don't think DtD is supposed to run with something like that?
>>
>>43619007
The problem with that idea is that Binding is a one person story. Its just the PC and even then there's a large amount of 'debate' on how real the story is.

I guess a Human Daemonhost of some class?
>>
>>43620264
well, no, not directly.

but themes (despair, sadness, macabre humor), ideas (escape from a previously nurturing force, or a force in pirsuit), and items (macguffins, also Technology X FTW )then, how would you adapt them to the DtD?

its a conceptual problem...

>>43620930
again. I do not want "how to pervert the system to run tBoI:A" I was asking how you'd incorporate ideas from one game into another game.
>>
>>43574430
I made Gustave XIII of Finney in it. As in, one of the main characters from SaGa Frontier 2.

He needs ALL his starting XP spent on Backgrounds, AND a custom flaw.
>>
>>43621920
Although, come to think of it, it also counts as an advantage in some ways. I think I need to add a couple of bits to that sheet.
>>
>>43574430
So, while it encourages "build your own setting" stuff, is it possible for someone to build an empty shell for a soul, then forcibly transfer a soul into it to make what would effectively be a Promethean?
>>
>>43622285
>"so, can someone build a promethean that would effectively be a promethean?"
yes.

also, as the game draws many inspirations from 40K the servitor mechs are controlled by cloned nerve tissue. give that shit a soul and you've got the cheap-o version.
>>
>>43622323
Yeah, but a soul that's basically soul-trapped, so taken from the old body by force rather than willingly.
>>
>>43620930
Actually, there's a very interesting way around this. You have all of the multiple characters, however at the end of the game, only one of them is real, the others were all figments of the one character's imagination. I never thought up a mechanic for determining which player is real though. Obviously the players have to be cool with this idea from the start.
>>
>>43622424
>determining which player is real though
it's clearly the most evil(according to behavior) character in a campaign of ill-intent...

or the most not-evil.

or the one with the highest alignment score

or the one that sits alone in the BACK and just goes along with everyone else.(like the ending of fight club)

>>43622340
upshot is that I imagine that there are, BUT they don't tend to work very well without being a promethean.
>>
>>43622424
>determining which player is real though
The one who worships Vectron the best.
>>
I think I'm going to have to build some more characters tonight, just for the shiggles.
>>
>>43623296
Show them to us. If the thread dies open up another with them. This is a general that really should be on here more.
>>
File: DubyaTeeEffMayt.png (294 KB, 402x602) Image search: [Google]
DubyaTeeEffMayt.png
294 KB, 402x602
>>43623414
Yeah, that would be on Monday...

Oh, and I just got the stupidest Captcha.
>>
>>43621709
You mean you want to play a game with main theme being edgy mockery of christianity?
>>
File: keiji-kiriya.png (2 MB, 1010x1500) Image search: [Google]
keiji-kiriya.png
2 MB, 1010x1500
>>43626214
Stat me.
>>
>>43626286
who is that?
abilities?
quirks?
>>
>>43626286
Keiji Kiriya, the main character for the 266-page novel All You Need is Kill, the book that turned into that meh movie (but horrid adaptation) Edge of Tomorrow.

Pilots a Jacket (really badass powered armor) and has several lives' worth of combat experience because he went through a Groundhog Day-esque day over and over again and had to fight in a horribly-failed invasion of Japan again the Mimic aliens.
>>
>>43626324
Sorry, >>43626361 was meant for you.
>>
>>43626361
>All You Need is Kill, the book that turned into that meh movie (but horrid adaptation) Edge of Tomorrow
Wait, it was adapted from something? I'm pretty sure that move was adaptation of speedruns, not some novel.
>>
File: jacket-2mmrifle-piledriver.jpg (256 KB, 632x656) Image search: [Google]
jacket-2mmrifle-piledriver.jpg
256 KB, 632x656
>>43626394
The novel was based on the author's love of video games, and basically wondering "what if the character was AWARE they were respawning?"

But yes, Japanese author with a Japanese main character with the book taking place mostly in Japan. The movie white-washed the shit out of it.

Even the actor playing the Sergeant who got famous in Aliens was whitewashing. His character in the book was a Brazilian.

Check out the book. It's much better. Keiji grows up, but he's not a hopeless coward at the beginning like Cage is in the film.

Cage's name in the film was a reference. Someone snuck into the armory and wrote "Killer Cage" on Keiji's armor--because he didn't realize that the fighter wearing the armor was named "Keiji," mishearing it as "Cage."

The pictures I'm using are from a FAR more true-to-source manga adaptation.
>>
>>43626286
Prolly a humie paragon with some artifact power armor.
>>
>>43574430
any work getting done on the ships?
also more spheres?
>>
>>43634215
>any work getting done on the ships?
Not that I know of. There are more vehicles, though.

>also more spheres?
Check the fluff thread on the forum.
>>
If I wanted to be a sword weilder that could also be proficient with KABOOM, what class would work best? After a brief glance it seems to be guardsman but I'm not sure.
>>
>>43634551
Multiclassing is your friend.
>>
>>43634551
Goblin Swordmage?
>>
>>43635761
how do u swordmage?

Extracurricular studies feels underpowered.
>>
>>43636036
Well, you do get your spells, so you usually use those up on bigger enemies, the sword is your main focus (at least how I played them). With goblin, 1/scene (increasing every odd level) you can put a blast effect on any one spell attack for BIG BOOMS.
>>
>>43574453
>what NOT to do with GMPCs
Got some examples or thread links?
>>
>>43634334
>Not that I know of. There are more vehicles, though.
dont care want spess

>Check the fluff thread on the forum.
but i refuse...! [/rohan]
>>
>>43637759
>but i refuse...! [/rohan]
if you want more spheres thats the only way you get them

>dont care want spess
I'd want more space stuff too if I had a group to play it with.
>>
>>43574430
Is there a list of all "official" (e.g. in books) races, exaltations and classes?

We could make random character generator.
>>
>>43602288
DtD: MUGEN of tabletop RPGs!
>>
>>43639351
"Hello, /tg/ Complaint Department. Have you tried playing DtD?"
>>
>>43639306
Check the 1d4chan for lists of things from books 1 and 2. Book 3 isn't done yet, so the list is subject to change.
>>
>>43602288
>>43602842
>>43639351
>>43639483
>>43639804

DtD: Yes, you can play this.
>>
>>43640381
Dungeons: the Dragoning - Totally Not Futa Scat Porn
>>
>>43640976
Dungeons: the Dragoning - Sometimes Futa Scat Porn
>>
>>43575930

Book 3 has a race of Fairies based off Touhou. So there is literally a race of little girls.

From there just focus on melee.
>>
>>43575964
>there isn't a katana
The next update to Book 3 should have Beam Katanas, along with other neat toys from the forum. Hell, we already have steel chairs stated out.
>>
>>43641665
Cirno/10, would play!
>>
File: satori yes_1.jpg (45 KB, 389x257) Image search: [Google]
satori yes_1.jpg
45 KB, 389x257
>>43641665
>Book 3 has a race of Fairies based off Touhou.

Literally downloading
>>
Thinking about playing a human wraith guardsman with an adamantine sword(if I can get one).

What are my chances for survival in an average game?
>>
>>43641964
Go for a faster character, rather than a tougher one, and you'll need to put background points in Artifact (and probably Backing) to make your character fit its apparent intent. Though why your character, explicitly a supernatural ghost-thing, is intending to wield weaponry that excels against the supernatural is something you should consider... along with how to keep others from disarming you and using your sword against you.
>>
>>43641768
What about orichalcum chairs?
>>
>>43642188
What about them?
>>
So, how is this game? Is it stupidly crunchy?
>>
>>43642188
Power Chairs.

>>43642770
It's a bit crunchier than some other games, but it still works.
>>
>>43642770
Most of your stuff is crunchy but quick. It all uses d10s, so you just figure how many dice to toss, then how many to keep (always keep the highest). Pretty simple until you start trying to make your own weapons and vehicles.
>>
How should I start a game of this? In a cantina on a desert planet?
>>
>>43643661
In a game of Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k 7th Edition, the opening scene must be at least three of the following:
1. On fire.
2. Surrounded by and containing explosions.
3. Full of gunfire and/or deadly lasers.
4. Moving at speeds well in excess of 100 mph.
5. In space (if using option 4 it must be relative to significant collision hazards).
6. Precariously high.
7. Rapidly collapsing.
8. Made of mook corpses.
9. About to be crushed or otherwise obliterated by an angry god or giant space monster.
10. Backed by a soundtrack featuring some corny metal band or Kenny Loggins.
>>
>>43643661
Start in an area that greatly resembles the starting area in a game you previously played with your group.
>>
>>43645806
*Claps* 10/10 would play all of the above
>>
>>43645806
>Precariously high.
As in altitude or drugs?
>>
>>43646082
Yes?
>>
Rolled 8, 3, 7 = 18 (3d10)

>>43645806

>Must contain 3 of the following 10 options

You know what to do, /tg/.
>>
>>43646082
Yes.
>>43646128
YES.
>>
File: 1435682614492.jpg (195 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
1435682614492.jpg
195 KB, 553x936
>>43645806
>There's a dry brushland around you. The flickering of flames in the distance warns you about coming brush fire. A winged serpent soars across the night sky, breathing lightning. The enormous meteor is falling from the sky.

>I leap to the sky and punch the meteor?

>You don't need to leap.
You are ON a meteor.
>>
>>43576826
I had a headache just trying to read that shit man.
>>
>>43645806
Well said comrade!
>>
>>43643206
And figuring out damage is easy too. Take the damage roll, minus the amount of armor/aura and divide by the resiliance. Every whole number is an HP lost.
>>
What does this game need that it doesn't already have?
>>
>>43650130
doesn't really need much else, but there's always stuff that could be added anyways
>>
>>43650130
Anything you want to bring to your own game. Race is fairly easy to make, classes a little more difficult. Exalts are where it tends to get more difficult, but not undo-able.
>>
When I found DtD, I was flabbergasted that one of the races available, was the Tau from 40k.

I was in the middle of attempting to run a NON-Imperial focused 40K RPG - and so adopted DtD as the mechanical base.

Now, I've written up around a dozen tau classes, all but the most 7th ed Tau Weapons, and established various baselines that it's easy to convert from various 'actual' 40k RPGs from FFG anything else.

My current campaign has a Tau exploratory force attempting to investigate a fully-artificial planet, while dealing with a midsize AdMech and IG forces…. good feels.
>>
>>43651640
Dude, share some more! Gotta know man!
>>
>>43651640
Sounds pretty legit, anything else like maybe said planet is just a giant modron or something?
>>
>>43654057
That would have to be a Secundus or something. At least, with how the Modron hierarchy works in my games. The nine Tertians are basically the Mass Effect Reapers, and fight on the Spelljammer level as big fuckoff battlecruisers.
My players absolutely hate when one shows up in a game.
>>
>>43654057
Actually, to be clear, I'm using DtD's base mechanics, even the Exalted classes, but the game is not in 'DtD' proper.

Short version, it's 40k, but with DtD's Exalts in it, to explain the various 'named characters are galactic superbadasses'.

F'rex: I plan to make Farsight a Tau Paragon.
Shadowsun is *not* who she think she is; she's actually a A.I. copy of her mindset in a Promethean 'body'… That sorta thing.

The planet is actually a remnant of pre-Necron culture - the Necrontyr made it just before they underwent biotransference into their current form.
>>
>>43653697
What would you want to know?

Rough overview of the campaign's 'high points'?
>>
>>43656952
High points, I guess.
>>
>>43657431
>>43656952
start it with a general "whose who" bit o business
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.