[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1st time World of Darkness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 2spooky.jpg (42 KB, 373x500) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.jpg
42 KB, 373x500
About to play world of darkness for the first time. What can I expect? any tips?
>>
Get Common Sense
>>
Which game?
The only tip I can give in general is don't try to "win", it's not the point of the game and it's not a realistic goal either. Don't plan ahead too much, do what comes naturally, try to steal the show but not the spotlight.
>>
>>43573824
>Get Common Sense
Seconded.
>>
>>43573846
The DM said he is just running the book "The World of Darkness" the one in the first pic
>>
>>43573900
so WoD is a little diffrent. the core book give you the base rules, and then there are splats for each of the 'Orrrible monsters you can play as(vamps,wearwolves, mages ect). if you are only runnign core you play as hunters.hunters are very squisshy and die horribly.

you will want the following:
flare gun
silver bladeof some kind
your best running shoes
a cross bow
>>
>>43573793
Don't be isolated
>>
>>43573972
...Or you should ask first if you the game will feature shit-tier hunters first, because getting that and going on a low key investigation about ghosts will make you look like a retard edgelord.
>>
Assuming you're playing hunters. You're at the very bottom of the food chain and can and will get repeatedly shot, stabbed, clawed and mangled horribly.

If in doubt, run the fuck away and hide.
>>
>>43573793

Don't be afraid to investigate
Approach problems as though direct violence will not work
have an escape plan in the back of your mind
It's okay to run away if you got a little closer to solving your problem
Play the "Long Game" as opposed to the "Short Game"
Some things are inevitable, but the inevitable can be delayed if you're quick and smart.
>>
>>43574060
Our dm is afraid of hurting players. So I might be fine
>>
>>43573793
Another anon here, I might DM (or "storytell" I guess) a game of nwod soon, entry thing, beginners players and DM (me duh, though I've played the system quite a bit and will probably have at least one experienced player too).

Any special tips in that regard ? Ideas ?
>>
>>43574302
Ghost Machine is good.
What I personally enjoyed in WoD is the feeling that the world is not just your surrounding
>>
>>43574913
I've found many occurence for God-machine, not so much for Ghost Machine, aren't you mixing them ?
I've played some scenarii as a human before playing Werewolf, well, it was fun and all but yeh, damn we were squishy !
>>
>>43573793
take at least 1 dot in investigation. ALWAYS.
>>
>>43573985
The monsters make me hide.
>>
>>43573793
>What can I expect?
A lot of hambeasts and dramatic over-acting.
>>
>>43573793
Invest in an aerosol can and a lighter.
>>
>>43573793
When in doubt, run the monster over with a car.
>>
>>43576912
Make me lold, we are havinga Werewolf game right now, one of the pc, who has a liking for vintage cars killed (for now) seven people in three road rage attacks, all with his fine cars, it just happens to be the right action at the wrong moment.
It's by far it's most lethal move considering he always fumble when fighting as a wolf...
>>
>>43577285
Unless the thing you're fighting has a reliable way of quickly and easily disabling a vehicle, "hit it with a car" pretty much beats anything.

So, don't use it against Matter Mages.
>>
>>43577769
Heh it could be a characterization for a hunter for instance...
The char could be like a stunt driver, he is a car thief on the side, good dex, theft and driving, plans everything (cuz s/he is a stunt after all), attacks people with "borrowed cars".
It might need some refinements, but it could be a fun start, someone like a compulsive arsonist but it's car instead of fire...
>>
>>43576883

Perhaps I'll eat myself alive.
>>
>>43573793
Since we are at it (or trying to keep up at it), does anyone have experience with Geist:The Sin-Eaters ?
None of the three corebooks of nwod really appeal to me, and though I'm not a huge ghost fanboy, the idea of people being inhabitated by some sick genie kinda works for me, at least on paper...
>>
>>43579718
I ran a Geist campaign. What do you want to know about it? It works, its fun, but don't try to play crossover games with it and be prepared to double down on the amount of characters in every scene if you want to think of Geists as anything but a power battery.
>>
>>43580571
> don't try to play crossover games
What do you mean by that ?
I briefly look into the core concept of the book on pdf, got a vague idea of the special talents they have so I don't really see how they compare to werewolves or mages in terms of power.
It might be late (for me) but I quite didn't get the "power battery" thing too.

Anyway, the game is probably not even translated into my country, but it looked the "best" of the one I looked into from the nwod line. Mine was a pretty naive and genuine question really.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.