[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: 1445810223904.jpg (271 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
1445810223904.jpg
271 KB, 860x1236
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How hard did your character train to get where he is today?

If you are asking for build advice, please mention if any third-party books are allowed, and if so, which.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous: >>43561741
>>
>>43571748
>How hard did your character train to get where he is today?

Not that hard, actually.

Living in the Land of the Linnorm Kings naturally toughens you up, throw in a little afternoon weapons training and a stint in the Ulfen Guard and you've got a prime hunk of Ulfen man.
>>
>>43571627
Is a crossbow paladin viable? Hand crossbow optional, but would be cool.
>>
As an open suggestion to the dude two threads ago that I had to leave for work
>Make psionic prestige class that traps ghosts
>Give ghosts the ability to possess objects, dead bodies, and living bodies
>Have to telepathically browbeat them into doing your bidding and forge chains of PURE WILL to keep them from fucking off and doing their own thing
>Puppeteer things slightly more complicatedly than a regular psion, but also with necromancy and stuff
>Be the very best
>Like no one ever was
>>
>>43571748
>How hard did your character train to get where he is today?

As hard as any professional boxer.
>>
>>43571786
A bigger crossbow would be better, and feats will be tight, but yeah. Probably use a light crossbow until you can grab Crossbow Mastery, or do a spin on the old Gunslinger/Paladin and maybe dip Bolt Ace (though that lacks the synergy of Paladin / Mysterious Stranger). What level are you starting at?
>>
>>43571748
My character was trained by a cult of druids into punching animals to death and eating them. It's worked out for her so far.
>>
>>43571888
Level 1, doing a revision of Jade Regent. I also wouldn't be opposed to doing the holy gun archetype. Although the DM suggested no guns because they attract monsters. I just really hate the flavor of bows, which is why I do want to use them.
>>
File: Justicar-abadar.jpg (167 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
Justicar-abadar.jpg
167 KB, 742x1000
>>43571786
If you're a Paladin of Abadar you can use the crossbow feat from weapon master's handbook to do ranged steal and dirty trick combat maneuvers.

This is also what you'd look like
>>
>>43571748
They got captured by a group of mad wizards and infected with a fire spirit from the Far Realms. They then eventually burned one of their captors to death and fled, learning to unlock the powers from the fusion they got put through.
>>
File: 1425729987633.png (30 KB, 178x203) Image search: [Google]
1425729987633.png
30 KB, 178x203
In relation to my attempted kineticist revamp:

I've added the Precision Blasting class feature to help offset the crap accuracy of physical blasts since kineticists don't get magic weapons. Changed up fire's fury so that it you can't out-DPR a decently optimized bow-fighter for a swift+standard action. And most importantly tried to make the wording on Kinetic Weapon (was kinetic blade) less confusing, hopefully I actually accomplished that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnvxfcyHuFN86Sj4dNn6SsX_8RxEuOMNS8JuY8OJZ3Y/edit?usp=sharing

I think I'm getting pretty close to something I can say is pretty much the "final version" of this, but one never knows.
>>
>>43571928
I see how I could be an... asset to the team.
>>
>>43571923
>doing a revision of Jade Regent

How much of a revision?
>>
>>43571946
I believe around 85%? He has worked on it a lot and is very excited to run it.
>>
>>43571965

Well shit, any major revisions you know about and are willing to share?
>>
>>43571977
Just that we are joining a Caravan going through the eye of the world. He has mentioned how the caravan is going to play a major role if we want it. Having to choose various paths that may result in more danger and loot or safer one or ones that lead to interesting places. Wish I could share more but I am a player so I don't really know too much about what he has done.
>>
>>43571748
How do I turn a Level 9 Dex-Based Goblin Bladebound Magus into less of a Shocking Grasp-er and more of a physical DPS? Deadly Agility and Piranha strike enough, or anything else?

Path of War and Psionics allowed.
>>
>>43572047
Mythic allowed too.T4.
>>
>>43572047
Path of War has a Feat to add DEX to damage in place of STR with Finesseable weapons.

Mythic Combat Reflexes is probably handy. Arch Mage path using Wild Arcana is your best bet as well.
>>
I've drafted a sample of what I'm thinking of doing for benchmark encounters, as discussed toward the end of the last thread.

Feedback appreciated, I don't want to go and do a bunch of these if nobody cares.

http://pastebin.com/4m5GjUWC
>>
>>43572099
That would be Deadly Agility, yes.
>>
>>43572099
Definitely picking up Deadly Agility, just wondering if there are any other options out there to help. I'll look into Mythic Reflexes.
>>
>>43572047
if you feel like multiclassing, advance one more level in magus for the new spell level (making sure to pick up hot self-buffs, if long duration ones exist on magus list) and to complete the lost initiator level; then dip into harbinger for some hot half-Int to attack and slam dunk your way into bladecaster.

whatcha doin' for mythic path?
>>
>>43572225
>Recommending the most broken thing in PoW 1

pls no
>>
>>43572236
>>43572225
As that guy's GM, I feel like I should be concerned with that description. What's broken about it? He dual-pathed trickster and archmage.
>>
>>43572253
Oh, wait, I was thinking of the Mage Hunter, not the Bladecaster.

But the Bladecaster still gets free quickened spellcasting, albeit with numerous more restrictions than the Mage Hunter has.
>>
>>43572253
Nothing. Bladecaster ganks your initiation AND your spellcasting progression basically so you can spell combat with a maneuver instead of as a full attack.
>>
>>43572047
another, different suggestion: Start grabbing Aegis at 11 (with a feat for Extra Customization, perhaps?), and at 13th level grab Student of the Astral Suit so you can pick up the real customizations. grab Calibrated Customization and maybe Mythic Astral Suit if you gain more tiers and Mythic Psionics is on the table, for self buffing in your sweet new armour. pick up powerful build/size increases as customizations, and become a giant god of destruction.
>>
Making a druid in Pathfinder
What huge sized monsters have claw attacks?
I didn't realize how much they altered Wild Shape. I get why and all, I really do, but it's kind of depressing that they essentially made the ability into a renamed spell
>>
I'm compiling a list of ways for prepared casters to improve their spell stamina or otherwise manipulate and rearrange spell slots. Here's what I've come up with; anyone have anything besides this?

-Pearl of Power
-Rod of Echoing Spell
-Amulet of Spell Cunning/Mastery (Wiz Only)
-Candle of Invocation (Clr Only)
-Split Slot Wizard Discovery (Wiz Only)
-Mage's Lucubration, Bestow Power, or Mnemonic Enhancer (Wiz Only)
>>
>>43572388
...while still being dex-based?
>>
>>43572388
We already have an aegis that does exactly that.
>>
>>43572413
Oh dang, never mind me.

>>43572415
Perfect for learning the art from. (No, yeah, I'm an idiot.)
>>
>>43572393
Animals. Not any monster, but Animals.

I didn't find any with GOOD claw attacks, but I did find a Giant Squid with 30' reach on three attacks, one of which is a 4d6 base damage attack with Grab and Constrict.

http://www.dxcontent.com/MDB_MonsterBlock.asp?MDBID=306
>>
>>43572445
Still learning how the new Wild Shape works, sorry. Looks like you can do other moonsters, too. Thanks though.
>>
>>43572402
Fuck off. They're already strong enough.
>>
>>43572457
You're kind of a crybaby, aren't you.
>>
>>43572457
You should try iodizing all that salt and donating it to those charities that help African villages plagued with goiters. It's certainly better than rubbing it on those open wounds in your ass, that's gotta hurt, dude.
>>
>>43572463
It's a T1 class that won't ever actually run out of spells in a given day past maybe level 5 or so, with the ability to easily, and cheaply, craft magic items to help augment itself even further. It doesn't really need the help.
>>
Ha! Hey gareth, Death Pact makes you create Good Wraiths, Spectres and Banshees.

You might have maintained psionics "identity" but you've certainly disrespected paizos!
>>
>>43572493
>"I want to help other players"
>REEEEEEEEEE GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE

You----------------------->
A cliff
>>
>>43572393
I honestly like that they simplified Wildshape into something akin to a spell. It makes the rules cleaner, and it definitely nerfed what made the Druid so hilariously-overpowered.
>>
>>43572493
I play in higher-powered games than you apparently seem to, and the notion of not running out of spells is laughable. You assuming that it isn't the case makes you the asshole in this scenario, so kindly, fuck off.
Also, this. >>43572516
>>
>>43572520
I don't really like the simplification. I completely understand the reason, though.
It really makes me wish there was a class that was just Wild Shape, with a few lesser class abilities. That way, it wouldn't be too overpowered.
>>
>>43572402
Honestly i have to say, for my level 2 wizard it was well within reason for me to craft four scrolls by taking a single day before going adventuring and that greatly helped my spell stamina. I was able to prepare scrolls of identify, silent image and hold Portal, so that i had spells available i wasn't sure i would normally use, but might need. This let me use more slots for spells like grease, protection from evil and color spray.

Don't discount Scrolls as an option.
>>
>>43572537
>It really makes me wish there was a class that was just Wild Shape, with a few lesser class abilities. That way, it wouldn't be too overpowered.
You and me both. Why can't they ever make a shapeshifter that ISN'T also a fullcaster? Spheres of Power got close with both their Sphere Druid and Shifter classes, but it's still not quite the same (Shifter is closest, though).
>>
>>43572541
I am intentionally avoiding scrolls because I am focusing on actual spell slots and things that aren't as consumable; however, I do agree that they're quite helpful, and scrolls of things like Mnemonic Enhancer have been seriously helpful in the past.
>>
File: 1439652871916-0.jpg (224 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
1439652871916-0.jpg
224 KB, 540x534
Stop me if you've heard this one before
>Fighting a group of Zhentarim soldiers lead by a woman
>Our monk comments that they must be weak to be lead by a woman
>We are all surprised to hear this from him specifically
>He points to his traits and says he's supposed to roleplay his traits
>He's got Reactionary for +2 Initiative
What funny misunderstandings has your party had /pfg/?
>>
>>43572550
I like the Transmutation sphere a great deal.
>>
>>43572550
a Shapeshifter class would be great. I don't know why they've never thought it up. My favorite character from 3.5 (who I'm trying to remake in Pathfinder) was centered around Wild Shape, and I'd wanted a way to get shapeshifting without the spellcasting tacked on. Not that spellcasting is bad, I just enjoy martial combat more. And fuck am I retarded as a caster.
I'll look into the Shifter class, though. Thanks!
>>
What class would benefit a 2 level dip in PsyArm?
>>
>>43572578
Alteration's pretty good yeah. I feel like Shifter got shafted compared to the Sphere Druid though; no amount of Shifter Traits will make up for hours-long Alteration effects.
>>43572580
Just a warning, the Shifter IS a spellcaster, or at least a Spherecaster. But if you just focus on Alteration, Enhancement, and maybe a bit of Healing (possibly all with the limitations that they only work on yourself) you can make a great combatant-shapeshifter.
>>
Is there such a thing as character build contests? Like, you can make a level 5 anything then you, and you alone get put into an arena where you get hit with increasingly higher CR encounters till you die, then compare to what other people did? People always talk about tiers (see last thread) and how classes suck unless they have support.
How does a simulator not exist like this? Online, text based, random encounters fighting your build, testing your build to its limits where it dies. See who's sorcerer fucks up the most orcs?
>>
Hey i just hit Caster Level 3 and got Craft Wondrous Item.
The DM says we might get up to a week in downtime next session, what are some good low level items?

I don't remember how much gold i have access to exactly, but i think its over 600 gold pieces at the moment, and i might be able to get more if i sell some of the rare books i found.
>>
>>43572602
I'm fine with Spellcasters, I was just looking a little into more wild shape/shapeshifting focused stuff
>>
>>43572613
There's probably some on places like the GitP forums if you look, I'll bet.
>>
>>43572537
Not exactly what you're looking for but whats wrong with the Feral Hunter archetype?
>>
>>43572616
sleeves of many garments. next best thing to a hat of disguise when people who don't know what you look like are looking for you.
>>
>>43572613
So, a wizard contest?

>Like, you can make a level 5 anything then you, and you alone get put into an arena where you get hit with increasingly higher CR encounters till you die, then compare to what other people did?

So a wizard contest.
>>
File: ex.png (784 KB, 731x821) Image search: [Google]
ex.png
784 KB, 731x821
>>43571748
Saitama with realism.
>>
>>43572629
Nothing's wrong with it.
>>
>>43572613

Google the Test of Spite on the GitP forums to see a pretty good version of arena play competitions (that eventually became a ttrpg of its own). Their rules could be adapted to PF fairly easily.
>>
>>43572646
So, whats the problem?

Feral Hunters have Feral Focus and Wildshape. which makes them just as good as Druids (though they lose elemental and plant forms.)

Summon Pack and Precise Summoned Animals is a bonus.
>>
Hows about some early level storytime?

>zwei sentinel, barbarian, sorcerer, and random fox that follows me cauldron cleanup crew
>investigating the missing children
>talk to a few of the kids in the village
>one of the kids tells us a bit but clearly knows more
>intimidate him since it's my highest stat
>nat 20
>the kid fucking shits himself, falling on his back begging for mercy even though it was just a strongly asserted request for information
>tells us the children went to some halfway house outside of town
>heading from falcon's hollow to the halfway house
>attacked by 4 wolves
>sprint up, scything strike their shit
>cleave one in half immediately, the other takes damage from the afterswing
>barbarian charges at the wounded one and tackles it to the ground
>fox CDG's the shit out of it
>the other wolves are spooked at the fox
>sorc runs up and tries to sickle a wolf
>rolls a 1, accidentally throws his sickle way off into the trees
>wolf goes to attack him
>rolls a 1, trips on a rock
>I run over to attack it
>roll a 1, fall on my face
>barbarian pummels the shit out of the last one and kills it meanwhile
>fox runs over and bites the shit out of its ankle
>after a series of drawn out missing I power attack it and splat it

1/2
>>
>>43572641

>The Joke
>Your head
>>
>>43572700
2/2

Later

>in the halfway house
>me and sorc find and enter a trapdoor
>spooky looking corpse
>nudge it
>spiders fucking everywhere
>and a pretty big one over in the corner
>sorc attacks the spider pile and misses
>big spider runs at me and tackles me
>knock it off next turn
>barbarian grabs a big rock and tries to drop it down the door frame before he realizes I'm right underneath it
>he just stands there with a fucking boulder over his head
>fox runs over and fucking eats like 5 of the spiders
>sorc color sprays the shit out of the enemies
>CDG the big spider, barb drops the boulder onto nothing
>welp.jpg
>sorc spends the better part of 5 minutes trying to decide whether he's going to attack the stunned spider pile with his sickle or just stomp on them
>get impatient, and just hack the shit out of the pile
>corpse is ruined
>whoosp
>session ends
It really feels good that everyone contributed, what a great session.
>>
>>43572594
No, not really. You want Psychic Armory 3 with Fighter's Blade (feat) and Natural Blade (trait). Together, those will keep your mind blade progressing up until 9th level, after which you'll need to find a psionic or mind blade progressing PrC.

Psychic Armory War Soul 4/Stalker 1 or 2/Awakened Blade n is flat-out amazing for the Wis-SAD. Other builds using Awakened Blade are great as well.
>>
>>43572695
That was poorly worded on my part.
The point I was trying to make was that Wild Shape had been nerfed, and it would be great to have a class centered around the old Wild Shape with less stuff tacked on so that it wouldn't have to be nerfed.
>>
>>43572725
Ah, gotcha. Sorry - I was under the impression you were looking for a more martial-wildshape-inclined druid.
>>
>>43572739
no worries. Feral Hunter fits the character a lot better then Druid anyway, so I'll probably use that.
>>
>>43572581
I'm also looking for ways to turn slots into other slots, refresh slots, etc. 3.5e had a ton of this, but it's just kinda gone from PF mostly.

I'm playing a Psychic Mage Wizard 1/Cleric 3/Mystic Theurge 8 right now, using Equipment Trick early entry to MT at 4th and with enough Fame in a spellcaster Guild to grab Esoteric Training etc. To make up for the losses in spell levels. I cast as a Wizard 10/Cleric 10 at 10th level, and I'm still having issues with spell stamina (not to the extent my allies are, but it's still an issue). It's just a rough game, but a ton of fun.

And, yes, this is a Triple 9's build at 20th.

Wizard/Psion 4th + MT 10th + 3 Esoteric Training = 17
Cleric 6th + MT 10th + 1 Esoteric Training = 17

We might go into beyond 20th levels. I think I'll take Psion levels at that point, probably Psion 2/Cerebremancer 3/Psion X.
>>
>>43572714
Nice build but sadly, I'm actually gonna miss Blade Tricks which made the Soulknife somewhat very situation flexible in an encounter as opposed to simply relying purely on maneuvers and stances.
>>
>>43572763
Ooh! Or Druid levels! Wild Shape would be handy.
>>
>>43572786
>Wild Shape would be handy.

At that level, you're better off with augmented summoning than actually getting in a fight. At least a summoned creature would also cast their own spells.
>>
>>43572804
I'd take Druid 4 at an odd level to grab Natural Spell as well. Besides, summoned creatures become useless in combat around CR 22, even with optimization.

However, I did some thinking, and Psion 2/Sage Sorcerer 1/Cerebremancer N is probably better. Psion 2 nets me a Discipline ability and more PP, Sage Sorcerer gives me low-level Arcane spell slots I can burn up to boost divine spell/Psionic power DCs, and I can drop 3 of the Arcane levels from Cerebremancer into Wizard to get it to 20th, then drop the other 7 into Sorcerer to get it to 8th.

If we get that far. I don't think we'll get past 25 at the most, though.
>>
>>43572765
Extra Blade Skill is a feat. Psychic Armories get the two important feats right off the bat (Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot), so if you've got maneuvers as your main offense, you don't need to burn feats on all the extra ranged ones.

Fighter's Blade isn't even necessary for Psyarm/Stalker/Awakened Blade.
>>
Someone in a game of mine mentioned he wants look at something called a Tempered Champion Paladin.

What book is this from?
>>
Do you think Paizo would ever make any more hybrid classes?

I wanna see a Druid + Monk that adds the monk's wis bonus to AC and unarmed damage bonus and then stack it over it on a Druid's wildshape. Bonus points if the Monk gets free style feats like Tiger Style or Crane Style and the Druid's wildshape makes them apply those feats as well.

Alchemist + Gunslinger would also be a great hybrid class. You lose out on bombs and mutagens. But instead, you can add bomb damage and bomb discoveries like defoliant bomb or force bomb to your firearm attacks. You would also get Alchemy bonus to craft alchemic cartridges for firearms.

Alchemist + Barbarian would be hilarious. Imagine losing out on all the alchemist class features except mutagen and mutagen discoveries and then making rage powers and mutagen discoveries work during a barbarian's rage.

Magus + Cleric is also something I'd like to see. A divine gish with better offensive ability than the Paladin but not as tough.

Lastly I want to see Bard + Witch Enchantress / Femme Fatale combination.
>>
>>43571928
Got an NPC Paladin/Gunslinger (Bolt Ace) of Abadar in my Curse of the Crimson Throne that I based off this pic.
She is very popular with the party.
>>
>>43572882
Funny, my idea of an Alchemist + Gunslinger is more like the Demoman from TF 2.
All his class features revolve around crafting his own custom grenade-launcher that fires custom made bombs.
>>
>>43572882
>Druid+Monk
Martial artist who uses fights with styles based off of animal, gets a companion who acts as a sparring partner/teacher

>Alchemist+Gunslinger
GUNS AND BOMBS! EXPLODING BULLETS!

>Alchemist+Barbarian
Roid Rage.

>Magus+Cleric
Isn't that sort of Warpriest?

>Bard+Witch
I imagine it as sort of a Fey based classed.
>>
>>43572882
>Lastly I want to see Bard + Witch Enchantress / Femme Fatale combination.

It did bother the very first time I played PF why the Witch uses Intelligence for casting and not Charisma.

Their spells come from a Patron after all, similar to warlocks back in 3e.
>>
>>43572921
>Isn't that sort of Warpriest?
Except most of the Warpriest builds I see in /pfg/ are monk+clerics.
>>
>>43572882
>Druid Monk hybrid class
It would probably end up sucking and miss the point of both.

Honestly, check out Way of the Angry Bear 3, it tells you how to do a Druid/Monk multi-class. I've played two characters inspired in very different ways by that guide and both were very effective.
>>43572921
>Martial artist with an animal companion
See, this is what Paizo would think when they heard druid/monk, they would miss the point so fucking hard. The point is to fight AS an animal, to bring martial arts and WILD SHAPE, not a fucking animal companion.
>>
>>43572924
>why the Witch uses Intelligence for casting and not Charisma.

THIS. It just doesn't make sense from mechanics nor fluff.
Witches don't study magic. They curry favor from entities that grants them their magic.
>>
>>43572937
>The point is to fight AS an animal, to bring martial arts and WILD SHAPE

Pretty much. I want to introduce a Bloody Roar standin in PF, more or less.

Or Kung-Fu Panda for the non-90s kids.
>>
>>43572963
Like i said, Druid/Monk is honestly one of the most powerful multiclass combinations in the game and there's a guide that can prove how.

Essentially you become a martial focused druid. If you felt the flaw with Druid was you couldn't do enough damage/couldn't outgrapple a tarrasque with 20 levels in barbarian then Druid/Monk is for you.
>>
For the druid / monk hybrid you could always see if you can combine the wild monk class from Dragon 324 with the unchained monk. No spellcasting, but you can still be a kung-fu panda.
>>
What should i take for the first two feats as a Psion? Psicystal Affinity is obviously tempting, but what should i look towards other than that?

Also, can you take the feat "Favored Energy" and apply it to Negative Energy if you have the athanatism feat "Negative Energy Affinity"?
>>
So somehow a god decided to drop you into Pathfinder for 'fun' where do you wish to get dropped off? and do you decide to learn magic?
>>
>>43572882
>Bard + Witch Enchantress

I would actually love to roll something like this.
Especially if the witch has hexes that simulate things like love potions, lustful gazes and stuff.

I'd also be okay Alchemist/Witch as a very good support class whose main draw is bottling spells to share with the party. Trade away spellbook for a potions rack.
>"Here's a bottle of Bull's Strength for mr. fighter. I also added a little extra - cure light wounds just in case"

>"Don't rush miracles, Swashbuckler or else you'll get crappy miracles. Here - a Bottle of Resurrection for your friend."
>>
>>43573015
Psicrystal Containment, Psionic Meditation, Overchannel, Talented, then Metapsionic feats.

As for Favored Energy, by RAW, no. Plop it on Sonic to get rid of the -1 it takes to make it as potent as negative; use negative on everything but undead, and sonic on undead.
>>
>>43573021
I trade my soul for enough money to join a Wizard's college in Cheliax, and attempt to become powerful enough to buy it back or die trying.
>>
>>43573021
Probably Cheliax and try to become a Mesmer that combines the best Nidal and Cheliax has to offer.
>>
>>43573057
Chelaxian buddies! WOO!
If I had to bring something along, it'd probably be a very thick book on electronics, or chemistry.

We'd end up as peasants, probably, but still.
>>
>>43573034
Okay so thats a list of things i need to be between level 3 and 5 to take.
I said first two, like the ones you get at level 1. Psions get one bonus feat.
>>
>>43573021
>So somehow a god decided to drop you into Pathfinder for 'fun'

WHICH GOD?
>>
>>43573081
Overchannel and Talented have no level requirements.
>>
>>43573079
Yeah, but one day when we have an Erinyes or a Gylou as a waifu it will be worth all the suffering.

To be honest are there any attractive female devils beyond those two? This is important, because i don't want to be one of those guys with a bunch of homoerotic shirtless guy demons guarding me, i want to be the Gaddafi of cheliax.
>>
>>43573057
>>43573054
>Players with nice DMs

>>43573092
>Players with bad DMs
>>
>>43573098
I think Chelaxians would be okay with you Planar Binding one of the two Demon Lords who are succubi. 16/18HD. Make them be furniture for you all the time.

As for actual Devils, I dunno. I can search, but I'd have to filter through a lot.
>>
>>43573097
I guess. I have to question why I'm taking talented though, later on I'm going to want to use 2+ metapsionic feats anyway, which will mean using focus like this won't be a good idea.

Also since I'm not going the psionic body route just pure overchanneling sounds like a great way to reach an early grave.
>>43573114
By the time i can Planar Bind, i won't still be in Cheliax, I'll have my own river kingdom or I'll be on adventures in a different plane.
>>
>>43573131
A: Metapsionics cost PP and are only better than plain augmentation when you're either using Quicken or when the cost of the Metapsionic is less than the PP cost of the power.
B: Retraining exists. You can use Talented for as long as it's useful (minimum to ML 6, where Empower is better).
C: Use Share Pain to your Psicrystal at 3rd and on. Every day. All day. Forever. Its Hardness applies to the damage. Share Vigor with it to multiply your damage soak enormously.
D: A few low level powers are worth augmenting to full every day at the highest possible ML, like Inertial Armor.
>>
>>43572882
>Do you think Paizo would ever make any more hybrid classes?

I fucking hope not. Paizo lately cannot into good class building. Their latest book had the fucking Water Purifier Kineticist.
>>
File: tinyKog.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tinyKog.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
How would you guys get the most attacks off in one turn as a level 20 character? No third party.
>>
>>43573170
And the one before that, the Ranged Gardener Kineticist.

>>43573174
Planar Bind something with a shitload of natural attacks and Magic Jar into it, probably.
>>
>>43573170
Can we please stop using the Kineticist and the Fighter as examples of Paizo's bad class-building? This is low hanging fruit by this point especially when they made the Eldritch Archer which many of you faggots wanked off to.
>>
>>43573183
In that same book - The Packmule Fighter.
>>
>>43573174
Quicked Telekinesis + Telekinesis
40 attack rolls in one round.
>>43573188
Gotta take the good with the bad anon and the bad is baaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
>>43573114
Is it possible to get Planar Binding as a mesmerist? Why do they have a stare that makes Planar Binding easier if they cant cast it?
>>
>>43573170
Don't forget they made a new archer ranger archetype which shat all over the fighter archer.

I still hate its 8th level class feature though.
>You're an archer with all the great archer feats
>by 8th level, your next feat is weapon focus: long swords

Fuck You, Paizo.
>>
Gonna try out Rogue Unchained, what am I in for?
>>
>>43573218
If your party is low optimization and you are particularly clever?
Probably some fun.
Otherwise? Probably a lot of suffering.

Ask your DM if you can use unchained poison rules, they make poisons deal hit point damage and have debilitating status effects instead of ability damage. Though only con poisons deal damage each round and the damage is universally pretty low.
>>
>>43573218
Rogue, but mildly less awful at combat, and significantly better at skills.
>>
What are /pfg/'s thoughts on the various Bestiaries Paizo has put out?
>>
When will Paizo devote resources to developing the starspace around Golarion and the solar system it occupies?
I will buy the shit out of a supplement written about that
inb4 Distant Worlds
>>
>>43572963
>Bloody Roar
You mean Beastorizer.
>>
>>43573277
There's a book that briefly talks about each of them, but it's quite old.
>>
>>43573280
You mean Street Sharks, Spiderman, Biker Mice from Mars, Ninja Turtles...

The 90s had a lot of animal-human hybrid cartoons.
>>
>>43573293
>Beastorizer
>cartoons
>being this plebbish
>>
>>43573272
Pretty good for the most part. It's hard for even Paizo to fuck up books that are just "here's a bunch of cool monsters, and maybe some cute/goofy ones, a handful of familiars, and a couple races."
>>
>>43573277
When Paizo will make a PF supplement alongside their Psi-Tech book to incorporate space ships and space combat.
>>
What are the best Skill Unlocks for a Rogue? Stealth-focused scout with assassination stuff.
>>
>>43573324
But Bestiary 5 is actively brilliant, amazingly so
>>
Is the Weapon Master's Handbook any good?
>>
>>43573351
Yes. Martials got lotsa nice things.
>>
File: 1446173003542.jpg (58 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1446173003542.jpg
58 KB, 750x750
Do alot of people come here asking how to start up in the system or are they rare?
Because I'm gonna be one of those annoying fuckers

What do I need to download to start? Is the Beginner Box sufficient for the full experience? Because I just have a feeling it'll keep some classes and info for later purchases since it's just a start-up kinda guide if that even makes a shred of sense.

Or do I just need the links in the Pastebin? Or both? I have no idea what the hell I'm doing anon
>>
>>43573351
Yes, except the weapon design part.
>>
>>43573370
You really just need one link, d20pfsrd. It's got all the rules you need to start with.
>>
>>43573360
>>43573375
Wait, martials actually get nice things?
Wat
Those motherfuckers
>>
>>43573379

Absolute lifesaver good guy anon

Best to include that in the pastebin in full caps at the top so idiots like me won't be prone to ask again
>>
>>43573375
it could have been better yes.

But yea, its possible to make a needle do 1d2 damage 18-20 /x4, stack as much strength as possible as a barb and crit-kill everything.
>>
>>43573329
Only take the Stealth unlocks if you're planning on sniping. Acrobatics, sense motive, perception, escape artist are all brety gud. Escape artist and sense motive have the best early benefits, I'd say
>>
>>43572955
>>43572924
Because when something teaches you magic, you use intelligence to learn from the teachings. The hexes are granted power, but the power requires an intelligence to understand how to use them best, unlike a warlock's instant mastery of them.

It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
File: 1447033079843.jpg (1 MB, 4520x3200) Image search: [Google]
1447033079843.jpg
1 MB, 4520x3200
>>43573400
Rejoice
>>
>>43573404
But it isn't. You can't make it do that. You can only get improved critmod once if you take the threshold one.
>>
>>43573423
Oh. Then fuck. The weapon design COULD have been better.

Though I guess DSP could make a weapons master class that adds modify points AND enhancement bonuses to a signature weapon.
>>
How would you stat Sun Wukong with PF?
>>
>>43573431
Could be fun.
By 20th level, the guy could have a +5 weapon that does trip, disarm, grapple, reach, tool and sunder.
>>
>>43573467

Wouldn't really call it possible. Even the staff alone is beyond what it's magic weapons can do.
>>
>>43573467
You really can't stat his staff.

Its obviously enchanted with both shrink and enlarge object.

But the ruling of PF is stupid. Just because you have a collosal 50ft polearm, your reach is still only 10ft.
>>
>>43573418
Does this fix the fighter a bit?
>>
>>43573594
Probably bumps the baseline fighter to low tier 4 and lore warden/mutation fighter/other strong archetypes that don't replace weapon training or limit it to one group towards high 4/very low 3. Myrmidon is likely to be T3 if paired with another good archetype.
>>
>>43573594
It helps it, but it doesn't really even come close to fixing it. Anything but ranged fighters are still hilariously immobile, require way too much optimization to even be workable, and are based off the LITERAL worst stat in the game.

They lack options in, and out, of combat. They're based off old mechanics from AD&D, where shit like fighters were actually good to a degree, because things assumed you weren't fucking ridiculous, and that casters were strong but frail.

Now we've got supercharged casters that don't have any of the old drawbacks at all, who got a shitload of buffs over the years, and then for a million different options all over the place. And every book that comes out, that grows. They can take the feats, they can take the spells, they can summon the monsters.

Yeah, sure, we've got the Weapon Master's Handbook, but it doesn't fix it. It doesn't even come close. If you want a fixed fighty-class, go play a DSP class, or at LEAST take one of their archetypes and apply the unofficially endorsed houserule of just giving them full 9th level maneuvers without trading shit out, because EVERYONE knows those classes are shit and need the buffs. The only reason it wasn't done was product identity.
>>
>>43572856
Tempered Champion is from the new Weapon Master Handbook. I don't think it's actually released yet, but screencap leaks have been posted in here recently. If it's not still in the backlog, I'm sure someone here's got it saved
>>
File: a reimu.png (564 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
a reimu.png
564 KB, 848x480
>>43573467
Better question: How would you stat a 2hu with PF?

I'm fairly satisfied with my SFTP-Heavens Shaman Reimu tbhfam
>>
Can I combine Martial Master's martial flexibility with share training from Eldritch guardian?

Because I want to make a Martial master/Eldritch Guardian/Mutation warrior fighter

I also need to know a way to share my mutagen with the familiar
>>
File: 1442093342108.gif (4 MB, 375x346) Image search: [Google]
1442093342108.gif
4 MB, 375x346
>>43573418
Holy fuck I almost missed this and it's what I was looking forward to.

>Weapon Training to Reflex
>Bravery to Will
>Solo Tactics
>Sacred Weapon's scaling weapon damage.
>Finesse Unfinessable Weapons
>AUTOSCALING SKILLS

HELP ME SQUIRTLE.

I'M DYING.
>>
>>43573418
What would happen if you combine this with PoW?
>>
File: god-loves-the-fighter.jpg (53 KB, 501x368) Image search: [Google]
god-loves-the-fighter.jpg
53 KB, 501x368
Realized unintentional benefit of weapon master's handbook /pfg...
Advanced Weapon Training is a combat feat. Bar-room Brawler and the other myriad ways of temporarily picking up a combat feat will let you take Advanced Weapon Training as long as you meet the prerequisites.
One of the choices is Versatile Training which allows you to use BAB instead of your skill ranks in specific skills.
You also get to automatically retrain all skill points you have in those skills for free
Combo allows you to retrain skill points as a move action.
Unfortunately there are limits, but having the ability to suddenly have max ranks in any skill when needed once in a while is pretty good right?
>>
Can someone explain how deities/gods work with Paladins? What about alignment? I see posts above about Paladins of Abadar, which is the root of all my confusion.
I can't seem to find information on it from d20pfsrd, or maybe I'm just incompetent
>>
>>43572963
>wildshape into an insect
>Terra Formars intensifies
>>
>>43574265
The basic shiggy diggy is that Paladins don't need a god. They pull power from justice and goodness itself.

They CAN be a Paladin of a god though, although the change is mostly just to their oath I think. Since it's mostly fluff the SRD can't have it.
>>
>>43574340
Paladins of a God have two oaths. One fluff, one mechanical.
Simply worshiping a different god doesn't affect the oath class feature sadly, its designed so that without archetypes (like champion of irori) nobody can get out of the core oath.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-10 06.12.25.png (536 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-10 06.12.25.png
536 KB, 600x576
So a friend of mine wants to run an evil campaign which sounds fun. He already greenlit me using Kobold Press's Lamia race (pic related), and I know I want to make a caster of some sort but Im not sure what to make. The Cha bonus makes Sorcerer a good choice, but I am still not sure about what bloodline would be thematically and/or mechanically appropriate.

Any Suggestions?
>>
>>43574389
If you want to go more extreme in your snakeness, consider Rite Publishing's Medusa race/Medusa Paragon class.

Otherwise for that stat block if you want to go Sorceror i recommend doing a dragon disciple build, after all you already have scales and the strength will help you make use of those natural attacks.

Another build with solid potential for CHA goodness is a Mesmerist, hypnotizing victims with the stare of a snake. Build a rattle and attach it to your tail for extra flavor.

For 3PP both the Dread and the Wilder are CHA based.

Don't forget if you are going evil, Antipaladin is open. You'll have excellent stats for it and your monstrous form will make you even more terrifying.
>>
>>43573467
Immortal Vanara 50th level Unchained Monk , using the Epic level rules in the Core rule book.
>>
>>43574389
The serpentine bloodline is obvious, but it's actually pretty good mechanically too.
>>
>>43574389
I'd go Mesmerist, with the whole hypnotizing snake concept
>>
>>43573594
>get up to 3 of these by level 10

Geez, I dunno... honestly, it's pretty bad. Although if you gave them out for free and more frequently, they could be good... versatile training especially. I mean, I know skills don't mean shit, but it's a nice tie-in, gives some character to weapon groups (god knows, they need it).
>>
>>43574517
There's not so many of them that you NEED many.

Or you could be a Weapon Master and have like 6 of them by level 10.
>>
>>43571748
Hey Guys, I was thinking of building a champion of Irori from the unchained Monk and enlightened pally.

I do have trouble with allocating the attribute Points with only 15 points to buy from.

The best bet would probably as an Aasimar:
14Str, 11Dex,Con14,Cha14,Wis14 and Int 10.

It is multiple ability dependant as fuck though and I hope that the confident defense feature which adds charisma to his armour class might pull this out of the dirt.
>>
>>43574488
High stats don't make you Sun Wukong though. I'd argue he's a unique creature, not a PC as his abilities come from what he is, not from talent.
>>
File: lamia_matriarch1.jpg (382 KB, 953x1000) Image search: [Google]
lamia_matriarch1.jpg
382 KB, 953x1000
>>43574515
Im not a huge fan of the mesmerist style of play, so I will have to pass, but it is a good suggestion.

>>43574501
My thought is that because I am already a serpent the serpentine bloodline would be a little boring. But Sorcerer is most likely what I will end up doing.

>>43574437
I completely forgot about anti-paladin. If we dont already have one I will be doing that
>>
File: 1311251902830.jpg (321 KB, 1277x847) Image search: [Google]
1311251902830.jpg
321 KB, 1277x847
Crossbows are shittier than bows. Everyone knows it. Some people say its because bows are OP, everyone agrees part of it is that crossbows are bad (because they are worse than things like throwing weapons) but there's a consensus of "why use a crossbow".

Well fuck it, why not? I want to go full theme and have my fucking crossbow. 3PP is allowed, but I'm not going to go path of war because we have too many non-pow martials in the party. Unchained poison rules are in, so I'm thinking maybe just play an Alchemist or Investigator and poison the shit out of people using one?
>>
>>43574581
Doesn't work Enlighted Paladin trades away Smite Evil and thus can't into Champion of Irori
>>
>>43574603
Honestly like i said, Dragon Disciple is a brilliant option for that races setup. Don't forget it if you do end up going sorceror.
>>
>>43574615
Yeah, I noticed that but my Gm is okay with just keeping Smite Evil.

I hope this doesn't break anything balance wise, but it seems to me that it doesn't change much in a negative way.
>>
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t144&page=1?Welcome-to-the-Arena

Goddamn. I mean, I know wizards are bullshit, but jesus christ.
>>
>>43574636
Nah you should be fine Enlighted Paladin is one of the weaker archetypes but should fit perfectly into a Champion of Irori build.
That said 15 point buy will make things very hard as Champion of Irori is really really MAD, so you might reconsider.
>>
File: skeleton-laptop-370x229.jpg (18 KB, 190x227) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-laptop-370x229.jpg
18 KB, 190x227
How do I go about playing as an independent skeleton who don't need no necromancer
>>
>>43574687
Just play an awakened skeleton?
>>
>>43574676
But...think about how good his saving throws will be!

Where would you say is the sweet point , point buy wise, so he gets a chance to shine?
>>
>>43574564
You can still only get 1/5 levels with a feat I think.

You'll want at least 2 for upping saves. So that doesn't leave you with that much. Although, now that I think about it, duelist gloves gives you a pretty respectable +2 bonus, and a bunch of them doubles it, so it could be alright.
>>
>>43574687
Use the Race Guide to do it, make yourself into a Juju zombie, or play an Obitu
>>
>>43574687

I allways liked the Forsaken in 3.5 Warcraft Rpg.

It was pretty good, they invented the scarlet crusade and other nice things....but then WoW happened.

RIP Warcraft universe.
>>
File: 1440054905612.gif (572 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1440054905612.gif
572 KB, 500x281
>>43574738
>or play an Obitu

Perfect
>>
>>43574701
25 points for such a mad build
since you need every stat
what race are you going with?
aasimar would be solid, the normal one
but, not possible with 15 points, you need 20 or 25
>>
>>43574833
Well he could try to go the Spirt Build, for that he just needs high Cha and Wis. Then combine Crane style and Osyluth Guile, and maybe somehow get his hand on Bewildering Koan
>>
>>43574833
Assimar or Human is the only options I think.

Basic Aasimar wins due to one additional +2 on a needed stat, even though I dislike the one point leftover from putting 2 into Wis and Cha.
I think putting it in Dex is a nicea idea so I could raise it at 4 to 12 and get a nice +1 Dex modifier.

How would you build him with 25 points?
>>
>>43574856
A bit outdated but try this guide
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1bu5RkMqNkZbHpHRF9RX09ZWE0/edit?pli=1
>>
>>43574849
Hmm, I have a weak spot for Dragon Style.
Charging in and smacking people.
Crane style seems overly defensive, even though it seems really good at that.

>>43574864
Ooh, will definetly read this one.Thank you.
>>
>>43574882
True that but due to your MAD, defense will be your best option. And Crane Style, Osyluth Guile, the Monk wis to AC combined with Perfect Opening makes a CoI an absolute Defense Monster
>>
File: 1430441008297.jpg (89 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
1430441008297.jpg
89 KB, 640x462
So I gotta go to work early and will be out of touch for most of Weds/Thurs, but in the meantime the Editor, Thick Is His Bark, is looking to start reviewing the Traditions soon with an eye to balancing the allegience benefits. So if you've got feedback on those, /pfg/, now would be a great time for that.
>>
>>43574912

Good Point.

Don't forget the Cha modifier to AC through the enlightened Paladin.
>>
What props would you guys stick in an undead crypt or tomb?
>>
>>43574924
Please don't nerf the facebook tradition where you tweet about your adventures constantly to other members of the tradition
#justinitiatorthings
>>
>>43574924
the only thing i have to say is that there isnt tradition for every discipline
>>
>>43574924

The Bloody Fangs allegiance benefit is absolutely insane.
>>
>>43574952
Depends on how old it is.

I like the idea of Tomb Mounds like the picture you posted, just steal from the Lord of the Rings depending on how "evil" the dead there are.

A stone bowl made from some lesser valuable stones to catch blood/burn things in.

Old coins,reliefs on the walls portraying ceremonies andm aybe hinting and what lies inside in a cryptical way.
It also is allways nice to shwo that people might have thought differently back then giving(gods) and taking(demons/devils whatnot) spirits that all need to be appeased etc.
>>
>>43574959
...Anon. You a little behind the times.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vX5QKzsOgPVoXqSuKdu_INbPz5x7OAL_qbH2aia14xk/edit?usp=sharing

>>43574966
Expand?

>>43574956
Don't intend to. That benefit appears to be fine.
>>
>>43574990
The Bloody Fangs are a cool organization that is literally impossible to play as a PC at all, because it mandates your character turns into HURR DURR NATURE-DEFENSE MURDERHOBO to keep the benefit.

It's a tradition that, for all real purposes, doesn't exist.
>>
>>43574990
Can you make the Mithral Current tradition less... well, retarded? It's a tradition for quickdrawing swordsmen who dance. Why the fuck is it a society of dungeon trapfinders with glasses?

What the hell, man.
>>
>>43574990
Thanks

Made a basilisk sandwich with lembas, it was okay
#cheliaxing #chillaxing

Beat up a psionic necromancer, but then realized he was just an outsider creating augmented humanoids
#PADW
>>
>>43574990

>Allegiance Benefit: In addition to access to the Primal Fury discipline (exchanging a discipline of his choice), Fangs ignore damage reduction possessed by aberrations, constructs, humanoids, monstrous humanoids, oozes, and outsiders (except outsiders with the elemental subtype) and causes regeneration to cease functioning for those creatures if they have that ability.

This is a wide swath of damage reduction and regeneration you will be ignoring, from an NPC's class feature DR, to a devil's DR and regeneration, to a golem's DR, to a troll's regeneration.

>>43575000

I am not sure if Dreamscarred Press should be aiming for the "roleplaying restrictions mean more leeway for powerful benefits" line of thinking here.
>>
>>43575018
Because Mithral Current is about precision, discipline and patience, so having them be a society based around those virtues makes sense.
I actually think its one of the best ones.
>>
>>43575040
I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me that it's a bad idea to have that one as it is, or saying that I'm wrong.
>>
>>43575018
The Lensmakers are a secret society. They have a public face that typically requires them to be... presentable. This means usually carrying hidden weapons. Since their weapons are almost always sheathed or hidden, naturally they'd want to use a discipline that allows them to quickly and quietly make use of their weapon and stow it before anyone notices. Hence, Mithral Current is an ideal tool for them.

In addition, many Lensmakers are members of high society, where training in finer arts like calligraphy, politics and dance would be expected and appreciated. You've got to know how to dance if you want to make a good showing at a noble's ball.
>>
File: Rule One.jpg (17 KB, 236x364) Image search: [Google]
Rule One.jpg
17 KB, 236x364
>>43575018
The same reason that the Veiled Moon Tradition is the internet and the Razor one is a cult; the Traditions are meant in part to exhibit the disciplines in a way that goes beyond their standard fluff. Each was conceived as an example of the kinds of people who might favor the Discipline for one reason or another. In the case of the Lensmakers, spies like quick-draw attacks almost as much as samurai do; you might only get the one strike.
>>
>>43574959
There is

>Black Thorn Knights
Black Seraph
>Bloody Fang
Primal Fury
>Defenders of the Realm
Iron Tortoise
>Empyreal Guardians
Silver Crane
>Scarlet Sentinels
Scarlet Throne
>The Wayward Path
Veiled Moon
>The Quills
Cursed Razor
>Servants of the Secret Hymn
Sleeping Goddess
>Lords of the Wheel
Riven Hourglass
>The Cagebreaker Brotherhood
Elemental Flux
>The Lens Maker Society
Mithral Current
>Stained Glass Champions
Shattered Mirror
>Reverents of the Lance
Piercing Thunder
>Acolytes of the Arrow
Solar Wind
>Loyal Order of the Branded Waerloch
Eternal Guardian
>Descendants of the Golden Council
Golden Lion
>Crashing Tempest Academy
Thrashing Dragon
>The Sultanate of Beggars
Broken Blade
>Cirque de la Fumée
Tempest Gale
>Ordre des Repas Exotiques
Steel Serpent
>The Scales of Mourning
Unquiet Grave
>>
File: Wayward Path.jpg (37 KB, 320x299) Image search: [Google]
Wayward Path.jpg
37 KB, 320x299
>>43575057
Pic related, Wayward Path in a nutshell.
>>
>>43574605
Bolt Ace Gunslinger gets you dex-to-damage and a couple of other neato-burrito abilities, and if you're starting at level 1 that free masterwork crossbow is handy. You could start taking levels in eldritch archer magus afterward for ranged spellstrike, or inquisitor because it's cool.
>>
>>43575061
fuck thats nice
i stand corrected, and happy by it
>>
>>43575071
I suppose, but i figured with the concealability of Hand Crossbows they might be better suited to a sneaky character.
>>
>>43575078
Concealability isn't even a thing as far as the system is concerned. That, and stealth is shit.

Like, as someone who's trying to houserule the hell out of Unchained Rogue with extra shit from Hidden Blade from DSP being houseruled too, stealth is just... bad.
>>
File: 1424234179785.png (149 KB, 450x589) Image search: [Google]
1424234179785.png
149 KB, 450x589
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/promethean-alchemist-alchemist-archetype

This Alchemist archetype is quite interesting, but, since it loses both mutagen and bombs, how should one build such a character?
>>
>>43575073
Um...could you explain to me what this is all about?

I read a bit but I never played Planescape if it is all about this.
>>
>>43575102
You're doing it entirely for the flavor at that point and not because it's powerful.
>>
>>43575102

You shouldn't unless you plan to abuse preservationist/assume the familiar options for the Alchemist stack (so you can have a promethean, a tumor and a normal familiar from feats) to have your minions and you summon 4 of your pokeymons a turn and drown the enemies in divine dogs or archon lamps or something.
>>
>>43575073
Catching up on that was a goal for Expanded.
>>
>>43571748
>Saitama
Mah nigga.
>>
>>43575096
Bullshit, you get a +2 to sleight of hand checks and sleight of hand checks allow you to conceal an object on your person, but like all items you need a location that can actually hold the item, like a pocket, the folds of a monk's robe, a belt pouch or a backpack. Plus stealth is fine most enemies wont see you thanks to the -1 per 10 ft perception penalty.

Honestly, unless dealing with something that has scent its easy to move from cover to cover and get stealth even in a situation of bright light and sent will rape their actions if they want to determine your direction.
>>
>>43573732

Win. Win would happen.
>>43565065
>>43566718
>>
>>43575161
Unless they have, I don't know... any of these?

-Blindsight
-Blindsense
-Tremorsense
-Electrosense or the couple varieties of it
-Scent
-Lifesight
-Lifesense
-Toughsight
-Mindsight
-Darkvision on them and not on you

And that's just off the top of my head, and there's a damn good number of enemies with at LEAST one of those.

Even if they don't, what does stealth get you? Realistically speaking here, what does Stealth actually get you? You're maybe getting one attack out of it, if that.
>>
>>43575096
>>43575161
Not to mention witht he number of size bonuses, racial bonuses, item bonuses, trait bonuses and shit you can get without even LOOKING at class features it becomes easy to become a highly effective stealth character just by putting 1 point each level into stealth, most enemies have shit wisdom or don't put enough skill points into perception anyway, half the bestiary is trivially easy to beat in stealth even within 5 ft.
>>
File: Lame.png (895 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Lame.png
895 KB, 1366x768
>>43575116
That's martial traditions (think NPC organizations) in path of war.

It has nothing to do with planescape, but planescape 2e was awesome and you should find it.
>>
>>43575230
Except the issue is more that it doesn't actually matter how many ranks you have, because there's a shitload of enemies with a thing in their senses that effectively reads "Stealth against this: No."

Got a +10000000000000000000 to your stealth? Great. Blindsight automatically beats you, GG you lose. Even if you don't, you get nothing from it. At most you get one-action to attack something, or you can try to bypass an encounter. Except that you have a party with you, so that doesn't actually work.
>>
>>43575228
A list of senses the majority of people don't have except darkvision? Great, 1 in 3 enemies will be hard to stealth by!
Not to mention darkvision only stops stealth IF YOU RELY ON DARKNESS.

Scent doesnt tell them where you are and is foiled by items costing next to nothing.

Feats and items can get past most kinds of sense and many of them don't extend past 30 feet unless on enemies who rely solely on them.

The point of stealth ISN'T to attack, its to scout, its to set up BEFORE you attack, its to define the battle before it even begins by being able to choose when the battle starts, like choosing to wait until the enemy is no longer in armor, sits on a chair, his companions leave etc.

Stealth isn't something you do in a fight, its something you do before the fight when you poison his food, steal the arrows from his quiver and poison all your ammo one by one.
>>
>>43575253
No you retard, you are getting blindsense and blindsight mixed up. Only blindsense lets you avoid perception checks, blindsight lets you see but doesn't pierce cover, so cover based stealth works.
>>
>>43573606
Well, Myrmidion Lore Warden is said to be a thing that exists. T3?
>>
>>43573648
2hu battle grimoire

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?board=101.0
>>
>>43575339
I'd say it's /possible/ to be T3 with a Myrmidon Lore Warden, but that requires discipline swaps to really pull off. Based solely on the class features it has, I'd place it at very high tier 4, but it needs things like Veiled Moon, Shattered Mirror, Silver Crane or other supernatural disciplines to really cross into a higher tier.

Tl;dr: High Tier 4 base, easy optimization for Tier 3
>>
Any recommendations for spell choice, gear etc for playing a battle oracle? No 3pp.

I was dumb and did 18 STR, 10 DEX, 12 CON, 10 INT 8 WIS 16 CHA but since I've got that 16 CHA I feel I may as well try and add in some bad touching variety.
>>
>>43575339
Myrmidon Lore Warden with Versatile Training has the equivalent of 11~12 skill ranks per level, before adding his Int modifier.
>>
>>43573648
That's how I would stat Reimu as well, funnily enough. With a 20 point buy, give her Wis 15>17, Dex 14, Str 14, Con 14, Int 12, Cha 7. Consider an eventual one-level dip into Unchained Monk to get fun things like Deflect Arrows and no need for armor, the unarmed attacks and Stunning Fist are just gravy on the cake.
>>
>>43575332
>>43575253
Not to mention that list is bullshit actually, not only are all of them counterable (though some are harder than others, most of the difficult ones are only on high level creatures) but most except blindsense, darkvision and scent are incredibly rare, you wont find them in more than one in thirty monsters.
>>
>>43573648
What is SFTP?
>>
>>43575299
There is a feat for this in psionic bestiary.
>>
>>43574068
You still need weapon training.
>>
>>43575470
Speaker for the Past, a really cool Shaman archetype that trades off the pet for some Oracle revelations.
>>
>>43575228
>electrosense
What the fuck is that? I'm not seeing anything with that ability.
As for the rest of them, they're various forms of Blindsight or Blindsense, which means you can just use Dampen Presence so hide from all those forms of vision.
>>
>>43575252
Oh, thank you.
>>
>>43575483
There's a feat to get weapon training now, which means a Brawler could actually change their weapon training on the fly with martial flexibility.
>>
>>43575482
Feat for what? Getting around senses like lifesense that the HUNDREDS of ways to count as undead get around or stuff like mindsense thats already blocked by several mind blank style effects whilst tremor is blocked by boots of soft earth and scent is blocked by knowing a rank 1 alchemist?
>>43575531
Platypi have it iirc irl, as do hammerhead sharks. Maybe they have it in the game?
>>
>>43575531
>>43575568
Yup, Electrolocation. Electrolocation is underwater lifesense, which is blindsight against living, meaning its foiled by... A CHAIR.

If your character sits behind a chair (giving it cover) it can make a stealth check to move from there so long as it ends its move in another piece of cover.

Meaning if you are fighting a platypus a level 1 commoner with 1 rank in stealth can foil this MIGHTY SENSE by moving from behind one piece of coral to behind a big rock. STEALTH WORKS.
>>
>>43575368
Yeah but considering a "free" martial tradition and a trait to swap a second discipline, it should be easy enough for T3.
>>
Is Ssalarn the chris guy who just got sick or something and needed money?

If not, where are my truenaming and akashic updates!? Though i guess at this stage Akashic isnt getting many more updates.
>>
Word of wisdom from me, with all the stealth discussion: It works a hell of a lot better when every member of the party takes Stealth ranks and gets at least halfway competent. Even the clanky fighter can do okay if he swaps to an armored coat and lightens up a bit. (and fighters should always have an armored coat anyway for times when full armor isn't practical.)
>>
>>43575356
>"Maneuvers" which are blatantly spells, to the point where some of them have IL-based durations, take an hour to cast, and don't have anything to do with combat.
>Ludicrously overpowered effects which require multiple saves to resist and ignore immunities for no reason.
>Disciplines with insanely specific requirements that force you to act like a 2edgy version of the Touhou they're based on, but are intended to be used by a large number of characters in a standard D&D world.
>>
>>43575598
My understanding of Tier placement (please correct me if I'm wrong), is that you determine the tier of a class (or archetype) based on what is given to them without "outside" influences like feats, WBL, traits or roleplay rewards (traditions). As written, Myrmidon fighters are very good at the whole combat thing, but they don't have access to most of the good utility discipline tricks without turning to outside/build specific resources.

>>43575617
No, ErrantX (PoW, PoW:E, and PsyAug: Soulknife) is the one who is sick. Akasha is moving to layout for final PDF (and book) release. Tsocatl was left in a very unfinished state and needs badly reworked. Ssalarn (and the rest of the DSP crew) is very busy with other things (like our actual jobs) and Ssalarn in particular has a tendency to wait on release/updating until /everything/ is all set and ready to go.

So have patience anon, we haven't forgotten.
>>
File: 1429555043139.jpg (93 KB, 943x1333) Image search: [Google]
1429555043139.jpg
93 KB, 943x1333
>>43575662
Elric, who's your waifu?
>>
>>43575676
No idea. The thought really hasn't crossed my mind.
>>
>>43575568
Yes. Lurker in Darkness. I'd post the v text but I'm at work.
>>
File: beautiful-maid-guy.png (458 KB, 707x400) Image search: [Google]
beautiful-maid-guy.png
458 KB, 707x400
>>43575689
Can I interest you in a cute maid?
>>
>>43575637
It works better for some things, like bypassing encounters in a linear dungeon, but for many things stealth works fine with just the one guy.

Need a key or mcguffin from a room? Have stealth guy take it and then leave.

Scout the room before the rest bust in, use your surprise round attack to fuck up a fragile character. Whether its power attack, sneak attack, maneuvers or a spell, nearly everyone has something that can do most of a fragile character's hp or otherwise disable it.

Use stealth for investigation or to fool investigations. Many times if you are in a civilization its much easier to frame an NPC than it is to beat them in combat and if you use poisons with onset times (like most ingested poisons) you can straight up kill anyone by putting an ingested poison in both the food and the drink, so he gets two doses. With unchained poisons it gets even better, though obviously i would never try to poison a high level fighter or other likely great fortitude guy.

Stealth should be a tool you use out of combat more than in it and usually just to accomplish one specific goal.
>>
>>43575701
>Lurker in Darkness
Yes i know, i was just pointing out how unnecessary it is because all these "super senses" are actually just beaten either by damp presence or by making use of furniture.
>>
>>43572641
>Saitama
>Realism
Missing the point by a country mile there, aren't you buddy?
>>
>>43575709
Not a meido fan usually. Also, straight.

My Not!Paladin ZS Warder is in a fairly serious FWB relationship with a Steelfist Commando Half-Orc and my Tiefling Hawkguard/Phoenix Champion is setting up some friendly time with a local Nixie, but that's mostly because I'm getting tired of my other players trying to bone everything that doesn't have a penis (and a lot of things that do).
>>
>>43575770
>tired of my other players trying to bone everything that doesn't have a penis (and a lot of things that do).
That's what happens when you play with /tg/.
>>
>>43575794
I'm only in IRL games. Honestly no idea if they frequent /tg/ or not. I'd probably play a /tg/ game if I could find the time.
>>
>>43575709
Post nuns.
>>
File: hastur.jpg (110 KB, 1602x898) Image search: [Google]
hastur.jpg
110 KB, 1602x898
>>43575770
That's okay! I have gals too!

She is very cute! No problems! Ignore whisperings in head!
>>
File: 1421960388873.jpg (179 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
1421960388873.jpg
179 KB, 850x1200
>>43575832
>>
>>43575836
Should probably have changed the name on that file so I couldn't recognize it. I know about Hastur and no thanks.
>>
File: 1421957905380.jpg (500 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421957905380.jpg
500 KB, 750x1000
>>43575853
>>
>>43575853
>>43575875
I love you.
Marry me, neither of us will be virgins anymore. But you have to wear the habit. You know what they say, pious in the front, martyr in the rear.
>>43575812
So your players are horny bastards in face to face games? Word?
>>
File: 1421959911647.jpg (205 KB, 679x960) Image search: [Google]
1421959911647.jpg
205 KB, 679x960
>>43575902
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.