[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need Apocalypse ASAP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: FriendlyNeighbor.png (329 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
FriendlyNeighbor.png
329 KB, 640x430
In your setting of choice, what would be the best way to go about ending the world? Either by raw force of destruction or somehow tearing the fabric of the universe apart is fine. Get creative with it.

>I'm asking for a friend, promise
>>
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
>>
Mass desertification
>>
>>43569244

Cyclic destruction of the universe from fundamental metaphysical (or plain physical) forces, which in turn causes the creation of other new universes.
>>
Prepare for a long, long sleep then invade the dreams of millions of people until you find someone with knowledge of how spacecraft worked, somehow get this information and recreate an ancient spacecraft, fly it through the Aether and into space until you reach the old world, survive the poison clouds and dig up the Taijin Cannon (oh yeah you'll have to find out where it is and build a ship big enough to carry it since it's thousands of tons), somehow repair it then fire it at a higher setting than its first use through the Aether to annihilate the last of the known world
>>
Planet level: infection of a mnemonic plague into the population. Already happening.
>>
Hmmm... Here's an idea I've always wanted to try out, but never have because it would completely ruin the campaign no matter what happens.

1. Get a bag of holding or pocket dimension, any size as long as its not infinite
2. Get a object cursed to self-replicate. Easier to find in some settings than others.
3. Toss the object in the bag.
4. Wait
Here's where the possibilities diverge.

Possibility 1: The walls of the pocket dimension are not infinitely strong. The exponentially growing mass, energy, and force of the replicating object rips through the fabric of the dimension's reality. Hilarity ensues

Possibility 2: The walls of the pocket dimension are infinitely strong. Wait a few weeks; the exponentially increasing mass of the objects will eventually become hotter than most stars, reaching almost infinite energy levels if left longer. Open the bag. The escaping energy destroys everything. RIP universe.

Would this actually work? Feedback?
>>
>>43569445
wouldn't the self-replicating spell die off once the object is turned atoms from gravity.
>>
File: algae-fuel-vi.jpg (54 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
algae-fuel-vi.jpg
54 KB, 460x259
Massive algae replication.

Some mutation causes rapid reproduction and efficient conversion of sunlight, and soon the entire surface of the ocean is covered by a 50 meter deep layer of dense, poisonous algae, which leads to mass extinctions of marine life, and forcing others to adapt to new roles.

Seeking more sunlight, the algae spreads and rolls onto the land, encroaching inward as an enormous wall of ooze, kept hydrated through a chain of vein-like symbiotic worms. Though humans try various methods of slowing down the enormous algae bloom, it quickly proves to be futile, and eventually only the tallest mountains are left uncovered by the ooze, leaving the few surviving humans on a planet covered in poisonous green sludge.
>>
>>43569488
Why not make it a self replicating atom of hydrogen? The duplicate should duplicate the enchantment as well, for exponential growth.
>>
>>43569445
no, why should the laws of physics only apply halfway. conservation of energy is pretty inviolate.
>>
I like The Dark Towers version. Things further away from the Dark Tower degrade, decay, break down, or grow crazy faster.
>>
>>43569583
That could work, up until the hydrogen atoms are destroyed and broken into even smaller particles. I'm not really sure at what point that would happen, as afaik it doesn't happen in nature. It'd still be more than enough energy to obliterate a galaxy or two, so its a moot point really.
>>
>>43569777
its magic, energy coming out of nowhere happens all the time. Whatever spell that guys got there probably isn't conforming to the laws of thermodynamics as we know them.
>>
Domestic cats. They could decimate a local ecosystem if they get out of hand.
>>
>>43569244
You can make permanent gates to other planes, right?

A high altitude gate to the plane of water will flood the earth.

Eventually.
>>
>>43569794
Might go hypernova, but not much can take out a galaxy. Not that we currently know of anyway.

I suggest watching cosmos with Neil degrass Tyson.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.