[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A diamond-thief from Switzerland decides to rob your local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 19
File: 70634.jpg (75 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
70634.jpg
75 KB, 534x800
>A diamond-thief from Switzerland decides to rob your local game store

How baby-easy would it be right?
It's a wonder these things don't happen more often.
>>
The store owner would chop him to death with the big sword next to the register.
>>
>>43564956
its happened at our lgs a couple times. each time the robber smashes in and steals the empty register, leaving all the valuable pieces of cardboard
>>
>>43564994

>The store owner would look at the big, blunt, ornamental sword next to the register, wheeze, shit his pants and hand over the money.

Fix'd.
>>
Nah there are some people in those stores I wouldn't fuck with.
Getting between the local autist and his cheetos may as well be getting between mommy bear and her cub.
>>
>>43564956
I'd assume a Swiss diamond thief has much bigger things to do than to rob a podunk little game store.
>>
>>43565021
>>Alright! $38 in cash!
>>
>>43565010
Why would he do that? It's a Swiss guy. What's he gonna do, throw chocolate at people?
>>
>>43564999
My LGS got broken into and the guy ignored the register and all product except the case cards, which he only took some of for some reason, instead of cleaning it out. He seriously only took about 500 bucks worth of cards, leaving things like ABUR duals alone.
>>
File: 1429428828997.png (23 KB, 467x532) Image search: [Google]
1429428828997.png
23 KB, 467x532
>Then there's the fence, the man who disguises the diamond, "legalises" it and resells it back into the market. Mr Green, a Bosnian Serb, is a very small man, with none of the swagger of the previous crooks I have met. He is fed up with the Panthers getting the glory. "They just do the street work," he tells me. "Without people like me they'd be nothing." He estimates that he receives 30-40% of the diamond's market value.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/sep/22/pink-panthers-diamond-thieves-documentary

Is this ok?
>>
My FLGS got broken into. The owner sleeps in a loft above the store, and is a gun owner. The robber is dead now. So honestly? No idea.
>>
>>43565197
Would you mind clarifying this with a news article link? You Americans still report murder in the news?
>>
>>43565540
>You Americans still report murder in the news?
not really
>>
>>43565540
Killing an intruder isn't a murder unless you do something stupid like execute them after they surrender or leave them in your basement for a couple days without calling the cops.
>>
>>43565540
We have something like 50 murders a day. If they reported on ordinary killings, that's all the media would cover.
>>
>>43565671
It's still murder if he's black because he din du nuffin. For real if a black dude robbed my house and I killed him, I'd be fucking crucified because I'm white.
>>
>>43564956
What's there of value to rob at a game store?
>>
>>43565681
Ordinary killings are young black men killing young black men over disrespect or drugs.

Not shopkeepers killing intruders.
>>
>>43565700

I mean on tumblr maybe.

And if you lived in like, Zimbabwe.
>>
>>43565700
Unless you live in B-more this is completely untrue. If George Zimmerman walks playing imaginary cop, you're gonna be fine killing an intruder.

If he's unarmed and you do it in public, you might get 15 minutes of fame, but if it was a good shoot, you'll be cleared in the court of law.
>>
>>43565723
cardboard you can easily sell for $1000 to $4000 per oz
>>
>>43565723
Rare collectables, mostly. Funny thing is, someone steals, say, a binder full of rare Magic cards, it's likely someone who frequents the store and knows their worth. And - at least where I am - the owners all form a loose network. I'd something gets stolen, everyone knows about it and is on the lookout for resellers.

They've busted several guys that way.
>>
>>43565540
I live in Canada and that wouldn't make news really.
>>
>>43565804
In Australia you can only kill in self defence if it is a reasonable use of force (you need to be under realistic threat of death). If you shoot and kill an intruder who had no weapon you go to jail, you do not pass Go, and you do not collect $200.
>>
>>43565930
> little guy
> big intruder
> he could beat me to death or at least put me in hispitalfor a serious stay
> shoot him
>"HE WAS UNARMED YOU BAD MAN."
Fuck this country.
>>
File: SwissGuard.jpg (82 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
SwissGuard.jpg
82 KB, 600x750
>>43565086
I've heard the swiss can actually be badass on occasion.
>>
>>43565973
Actually I'd already be satan for legally owning a gun.
>>
>>43565992
Isn't the Switzerland basically the America, and polar opposite of America, of Europe?
>>
>>43565086
Go google "swiss mercenaries".

There is a reason why the Vatican's soldiers are all Swiss Guard.
>>
>>43565992
Is that why we are able to bully them out of money whenever?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2015/07/01/swiss-accounts-facing-50-irs-penalties-balloon-to-26-banks/
>>
>>43565973
>if it is a reasonable use of force
If he is a massive dude, and you are tiny, you can argue pretty easily that your life was under threat anyway. The legitimacy of your use of force is the main consideration. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>43566003
You know we have lots of legal gun owners, and no one makes a big deal about it right?

If you start doing some "open carry" bullshit, yeah, people think you are a nutjob.
>>
>>43564956
Probably not difficult, although I do find it funny that my FLGS actually holds all their MTG cards in a literal bank vault, with a two inch thick steel door and everything. The building the store is in used to be a bank, so the storage room is an old bank vault. Although I don't think they ever actually close the vault door, as opening it would be difficult (no idea if they even have the combination for the vault).
>>
>>43565086
The Swiss people have a love of guns second only to America, and actually exceeding America in some respects.
>>
>>43564956
It's pretty much not worth it. The money is small and the cops catching you is high since it's a public place.

Honestly if he would go for low tier crime it would be gasshacks and mugging people.
>>
>>43566154
>No one makes a big deal about it.
Lol wat
>>
>>43564956
My local was robbed and it was pretty easy from what I heard. Dude broke the window on the door to get in, smashed a few display cases, and grabbed all the money mtg cards/packs.

Guy was in and out in under two minutes and security cameras couldn't tell shit because he wore a ski mask, dark clothing, gloves, and never looked towards the cameras. We never heard the exact numbers but with what most of us could remember was in the cases + internet searches on prices it was at least over 20k.
>>
>>43564956
>It's a wonder these things don't happen more often.
Gaming shit isn't as overpriced as diamonds. And you don't have the moral high ground when stealing from game stores.
>>
>>43566381
>moral high ground
Basically this, we humans hate considering ourselves wrong or evil the most. Pretty much every criminal in the world probably got some sob story or robin hood complex for stealing shit.
>>
>>43566432
And to be fair there aren't any other people out there that are both total scum and so profitable to steal from than diamond dealers.
>>
>>43564956
>It's a wonder these things don't happen more often.

Why risk going to jail over a couple hundred bucks when you could risk going to jail over literally millions of dollars?

That's like saying "Man that boxer is losing a lot of fights lately, he should try beating up kindergardeners."
>>
>>43566432
It largely boils down to either 'world owes me', or 'fuck these losers/no shits given', robin hood complexes are relatively rare by comparison.
>>
>>43565180
Why does he want any glory if he's getting 30-40% of every diamond he fences?

Especially when glory would just make his job harder?
>>
>>43566078
Fiscal policies of ones nation of origin do not necessarily reflect on an individual's badassness.

>>43566062
I wouldn't know.
As I recall, the conversation was about the swiss guard being badass, despite how they look.
As in, more elite than many other nation's elite fighters.
Like nearly everyone, I am relatively ignorant of the swiss and cannot comment with authority.
>>
My brother and his friend used to shoplift from our Games Workshop all the time. One would distract the shopkeepers by getting them into some discussion on what's the best unit or some bullshit while the other would just fill up a bag with merch and walk out. No cameras, no sensors or anything. Made a lot of money reselling them to people.

Bets thing they said is that the one time they got caught, all the guy did was take the merch back and deliver a cheesy
>Games Workshop: 1. Thieves: 0
Didn't even call the cops on them.
>>
>>43566131
>The legitimacy of your use of force is the main consideration. Don't be an idiot.
How about don't break into people's homes?
>>
>>43566299
How many times have you had someone intrude in your home?

How many people have you shot for that reason?
>>
>>43565930
>>43565973
>>43566131

In practice, Australian courts never consider a self-defense situation a good shoot and you will go to jail if you defend yourself with a firearm.

In Australia if you have a firearm loaded and ready to hand it's considered premeditation.
>>
File: Chandler.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Chandler.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>43564956

>walks away with the Homelands box

>mfw
>>
>>43567876
>How about don't break into people's homes?
How about, "attempted robbery does not warrant the death penalty"?
>>
>>43567683
How would you do something like that with card packs instead?
>>
>>43569655
What about attempted murder or attempted rape or some combination of the above along with attempted home invasion?
>>
>>43569556
Premeditated self-defense. How evil.
>>
>>43569655
>How about, "attempted robbery does not warrant the death penalty"?
How about "Keeping someone from stealing everything you own and assaulting you shouldn't be illegal just because they're a boxer and not a baseball player"
>>
>>43566316
It makes me smile in my very soul to see things like this just randomly posted around these days.

The pendulum is swinging back the other way at last.
>>
>>43569679
Oh yes, my bad, you did say you planned to stop and ask the person why they were in your house before you shot them....

Oh wait, no you didn't. You just wanted to shoot any intruder, regardless of their actual threat level.
>>
>>43569722
Yes?
You cannot know what the intruder intends, and assuming the most benevolent possibility is how you get all of your stuff stolen and yourself and your family killed and/or raped and/or tortured.
If someone is breaking into your home, they are being deliberately malicious in a premeditated way. They deserve whatever comes to them as a result of their actions.
Also, protip, the police have absolutely no legal obligation to save or protect anyone, especially if it would put themselves in harms way, and any saving or protection they administer is entirely at their own discretion. They can just siege a house and let any hostages die if they feel there would be too much risk to themselves otherwise.
And even if they did, their response time is measured in minutes at the best of times. Do you know what one person can do to another (Or multiple others) when they have minutes to spare?
>>
I want /k/ and /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>43569722
The ambiguity of their threat level is why it's retarded that it's illegal. They should not be in your home. They could want anything. They are a potential threat, your insistance that you need to know exactly why some prick has broken into your house before defending yourselfis retarded. Don't break into people's houses. Pretty fucking easy.
>>
>>43569781
Cry more you fucking Greens voter.
>>
>>43569788
>>43569774
So why won't you just shoot random people on the streets, dipshit? They all can be a threat! Especially the ethnic ones! Just fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>>43569655

If someone calls me ahead of time and clearly shows that he's unarmed and means me no harm before robbing me I won't shoot him to stop him. If he comes in blindfolded and naked, revealing no concealed weapons, feels his way to my TV, unplugs it and carries it carefully outside I'm not going to shoot him.

If he comes in with a knife, crowbar, hammer or gun in his hands without introducing himself and explaining his intentions then I don't know that it's attempted robbery. He could be planning anything, and I don't have the luxury to wait helpless and find out what he wants to do.
>>
>>43569681
It's Australia. If you want to have reasonable laws move somewhere else.
>>
>>43569774
According to national crime statistics from the Australian Police, in 80% (including armed and unarmed) of cases where an intruder actively seek out the occupant, there is no violence (not even threats to hurt them), and serious assualt (includes physical and sexual) is less than 5%. This doesn't even include the far more common incidents where the intruder tries to avoid the occupant and just steal shit.

Your chance of being attacked by an intruder is statistically not significant, at least in Australia. Maybe the US is significantly more violent than we are as a people (which I am often told by Americans is not the case), but that speaks worlds to me.
>>
>>43569903
Because random people on the streets aren't violently intruding into my home.
Also, the fact that you bring up ethnicities says more about you than any of us. Gun control started as a way to keep minorities down by prohibiting them from owning weapons. It is one of the most prejudiced concepts still active on the planet, and has caused literally millions of deaths in Asia, Europe, Africa, and both American continents. Dozens of governments across the entire world have instituted it before rounding up undesirables and capping them in the back of the head. The first widespread gun control laws in America were literally Jim Crow laws.
>>
>>43569949
So you have 1 in 5 chance of being killed and/or raped? Quite a relief!
>>
>>43569949
Sounds to me more like your police are padding numbers by using wonky definitions of "violence" and "threats". It's not a surprise, literally every law enforcement agency does it. For instance, Japan is infamous for only counting solved murders as actual murders. Every case where the perp hasn't already been apprehended and put on trial and found guilty is shuffled off into other categories of death, even when it's obvious, such as death from multiple gunshots.
>>
>>43569949
>in 80% (including armed and unarmed) of cases where an intruder actively seek out the occupant, there is no violence
So why exactly is intruder seeking the occupant for? Offer him some fucking tea?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>43569949
Rolling
>>
>>43569903
Because those people aren't in my house without my permission. Don't. Break into. People's. Houses.
>>
>>43570095
>>43569949
Shit your right he just ran off and didn't even take anything ! Good thing I didn't roll a 1
>>
>>43570074
Sounds to me like those are situations where the occupant catches the thief in flagrante delicto and either chases them off or just lets them run away.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d5)

>>43570115
Huh? What'd you say?
Hang on a sec, guys, I think I just heard somebody at the door...
>>
File: 1401945426695.jpg (146 KB, 625x775) Image search: [Google]
1401945426695.jpg
146 KB, 625x775
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>43570139
>>43570095
See? Everyone is just allright.
>>
>>43570156
What's funny is that the countries that ostensibly followed his manifesto were the ones most guilty of disarming people and then shoving them in death gulags.
>>
>>43570074
It's probably just a neighbor who really badly needs to borrow some sugar or something. Like his diabetic toddler needs it. And then some monster shoots him all because he forgot that his daughter had diabetes. Tragic.
>>
File: are they having sex.png (48 KB, 350x339) Image search: [Google]
are they having sex.png
48 KB, 350x339
>>43570156
>>
>>43570192
To be fair they didn't followed his manifesto. There is a good reason why you couldn't find Das Kapital in its entirety in any library in USSR.
>>
>>43570207
It is Australia, maybe they count spiders as burglars. Some of those things get really, really big, and they aren't that aggressive. 1 in 5 burglars who seeks out the homeowner is not a spider.
>>
>>43565155
Heh, my LGS did too. There was a glass case containing just boxes of magic cards that he threw a brick in, then grabbed a few cards from and left. What's odd though is that it was only magic cards that was stolen.

Not even a single foot away was a case containing 10,000$ worth of ultra-rare comics, and just across the room was another case containing almost 1000$ worth of ultramarines miniatiures.

But nope, the fucker came and took a handful of MTG cards. And the store owner knows who it is too because he caught him on camera.
>>
>>43565051
I like how everyone complains about GW and their prices until the perfect opportunity and drops the ball.

Grab a Chitinous Swarm, Backbone of the Imperium, Imperial Knight Baronial Court and a Tidewall Counterstrike Cadre and that is over $2000 in just 4 boxes.

Or, in Australia, you'd be a millionaire with a handful of blister packs if you believe the hype.
>>
>>43565155
Probably figured it wouldn't be worth it to find him.
>>
This entire argument is stupid.

Is someone really arguing that an intruder breaking into someone's house can be considered something nonthreatening? Seriously?

A person who's broken into a house has already committed a premeditated and planned crime - they're not doing it in a heat of the moment type thing or on a lark, nobody goes "hey I dare you to shatter that guy's window and steal his laptop". No.

They're committing a crime, and they know it. You know what else they know, if the law is clear and they're not stupid?

That the person in that house can't fight back against them.

Laws of this nature are counterproductive because they give tangible power to the criminal. The knowledge that if you break into a house the person in there will either be unarmed or actually be UNABLE to fight back only encourages criminal behavior - I mean, if they're already in the mindset of breaking the law and know that they can't readily be stopped, why not do it? I mean, if they're caught they won't be hurt and they'll have around four minutes before the police get there to run, why not?

Or, honestly, why not just kill them? They've got no weapons. And if they can they're too scared to use them. You'd just have to walk up to them with your hands out and unarmed until you beat them down, and then you don't have any witnesses - because what's someone going to do when the law protects /you/, the criminal, and not the victim?

Nothing.
>>
>>43570341
>>>/pol/
You will fit right in with other fantasy writers over there.
>>
>>43565896
Of course it would. WTF, this guy thinks he reads every news article in print or the web in all of Canada?
>>
>>43570074
>So why exactly is intruder seeking the occupant for? Offer him some fucking tea?
To rob him, take his watch etc.
>>
>>43566062
Yes, it is definitely the exact same and exact opposite.
>>
>>43570383
And that is neither violent or threatening?
Even something as simple as "Give me your watch" has a big nasty implied "Or I'll do violent things to you" when the guy saying it has just smashed his way through a window and is holding a gun.
But I bet that's the definition of threat used by Aussie police. No verbal threat, heavy object swung, or trigger pulled, then no violence has occurred, even if someone gets robbed at gunpoint in their own home.
>>
There's a thing called local news.

I have a hard time believing a murder goes unreported in those, even though there are many murders daily nationwide.

Unless it's in a shithole like Detroit or Flint, I guess.
>>
>>43570413
Well, it's your word against his.
>>
>>43565973
> little guy
> big intruder
> he could beat me to death or put me in the hospital
> dial 911 and point gun at him
> shoot him if he moves
Here's how to not be a fucking retard.
>>
>>43570002
>>43570025
>>43570115

>So you have 1 in 5 chance of being killed and/or raped? Quite a relief!
No, you have a 1 in 5 that something other then robbery will happen. I just didnt want to bother breaking down the stats for you fuckers, but sure, why not.

Just threats are like, 1.2%

Common assault 2.5% (threats that make you fear for your life, maybe some shoving or something)

Assault with Actual Bodily Harm + Assault with Grievous Bodily Harm totals 4.4% (killed is so low it doesnt even show in the stats, and gets rolled under GBH)

Raped is 0.6%.

Unarmed robbery + burglary + armed robbery + break and enter (with no violence attached) is over 85.8%.

And once again, these stats are only for "home invasions", which is defined as when an intruder deliberatly encounters the occupants of the home.

You guys are just straight up objectively wrong. At least when applied to Australia. Like I said, maybe you do live in some fucked up violent shithole, and people there are more dangerous than here. But I doubt it.
>>
>>43570499
My local news doesn't report on murders, and there aren't so many of them around here that it's not even worth noting. The vast majority are gang related though, and that's a touchy subject, since it brings up the fact that a minority dominated culture that glorifies violence and crime will create a lot of violence and crime, and that's racist because they're a minority.
>>
>>43570548
And do you have the actual definition of those terms and any numbers for how many claims of "fear for your life" were thrown out in court to protect the criminal?
>>
>>43570499
>watching local news
>"... firemen on the scene delivered the kitten to New Haven Animal hospital, where it's hoped she'll make a full recovery".
>"Aw. Y'know, Ellen, that cat reminds me of the one I have at home. Always climbing things and getting into trouble, haha. We'll be going back to Wacky Jim for the weather in just a sec, but first... the birthdays!"
no thanks
>>
>>43569903
>public place is the same as private property
Some random guy walking down the street is fine. Some guy just randomly entering your house is not
>>
>>43569682
Stuff is less important than lives, hope this helps
>>
>>43570770
Depends. Is the stuff mine?
>>
>>43570770
Right and that's why i won't risk my life or the lives of those in my home assuming that the person who just broke into my home has no violent intentions.
>>
>>43570770
The lives of non-criminals are more important than the lives of criminals who are in the process of committing potentially violent, always victimizing crimes.
>>
>>43570810
Well then a little "going to jail for murder" should just be a small price to pay
>>
>>43570910
Self defence is not murder.
>Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
>>
File: heresthenumber.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
heresthenumber.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0
>>
>>43570910
The term is justifiable homicide i can see how you might get that confused with murder.
>>
>>43571262
Actually it's more of a moral/ethical "debate" where guns really only factor in sofar as a vehicle. The actual question is whether you have a right to kill somebody who you deem a threat, what constitutes threat and what constitutes murder. It's the same as an
alignment argument when you strip it down.
>>
>>43570521
It's 000 here.

> he moves
> shoot him
> still go to jail

This hypothetical situation is still ridiculous though.
>>
>>43570319
In his defense, a stolen ultra-rare comic is much harder to get rid of than magic cards.
>>
>>43570548
A girl was raped in her home by an intruder near where I live about three years ago. If hypothetically speaking she happened to have a gun and was able to shoot her rapist before he attacked her do you feel it's okay that she goes to prison now that you can see in hindsight that that man did intend to rape her?
>>
File: 1308089335931.jpg (25 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
1308089335931.jpg
25 KB, 404x404
>>43570320
Because while GW sells their product at obscene prices, you're not exactly gonna be making a killing on that kind of deal. You're stealing an overpriced item within a niche market that only buys at full price if they're stupid or loyal to their LGS.

You steal jewels, precious metals, and other valuables because there will always be demand in the general market and people who will pay well. You steal MtG cards out of a case, a stack of comics, or GW product because you're in too deep.
>>
>>43565540
Dumbass does something illegal and gets popped. That's an aside in the paper at most. You don't just break into somebody's place and expect their response to not be incredibly hostile. It's not like anybody worth crying over died.
>>
>Just threats are like, 1.2%

That's 1.2% more than I'm comfortable with with, considering the chance is there because some stranger decided to come into my home, uninvited. I'm sure I have a higher risk of getting hurt in traffic or something, but I'm willingly putting myself in that situation. The chance of getting immediate help is also greater.

The risk comes fully from the intruder's decicion to break into my house, so really, fuck him.
>>
>>43570910
do you know anything about the laws of your own fucking country
>>
>>43570377
>someone challenges a stupid-ass law

>clearly they're from /pol/!

How about actually refuting his point?
>>
>>43569903
Autism. Dude, Not everyone is from /pol/ or shares their views. And I agree with the other anons on this one. Break in, get shot.
>>
Just came in on this conversation. My home was invaded while my mother and little sister were there and I wasn't. My mom called me and I showed up before the damn police and the asshole booked it just as we pulled up.

That being said, if I were alone and I shot an intruder. Go ahead, call me a monster or a killer, send me to jail, whatever the fuck you want. But if my family is at stake, I'm not even going to risk that two percent chance that they get hurt, there's only two ways to know you're not a threat and that's either you not breaking into my house or being a fucking corpse.

I'm not putting anyone i hold dear in any chance of danger for a crackhead or any other worthless scum.
>>
>>43573296
B-but anon! He dindu nuffffinnnn!! :'( wuz bout to get his life back on track!
>>
>>43566062
>Isn't the Switzerland basically the America, and polar opposite of America, of Europe?

Imagine an US that would make specific allowances in its constitution to make sure that the interests of negros and native Americans are actually represented within their political system, shouldering its population with customary universal military service in return for liberal gun ownership laws and do its best to curb upper-class rich fucks hogging all the spots in politics. They also regularily have the population vote on military and other public spending.
Also the seperation of judiciary and legislature is strictly enforced.

So yeah, nah. Switzerland is nothing like the US.
>>
>>43569659
Well I suppose the concept is pretty universal. If there are no cameras and no shoplifting sensors then just get someone to distract the worker while someone else grabs as much stuff as possible and leaves.
>>
>>43564956
A robbery is very different from however the hell hes stealing diamonds. Not to mention there wouldn't be anything worth it besides $80 in cash. A long way to fall.
>>
>>43571712
This desu senpai
>>
>>43566316
Go to /pol/ and stay gone.
>>43569710
You too.
>>
File: image.png (131 KB, 363x338) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131 KB, 363x338
>>43570377
>you should trust people breaking into your house not to hurt you
>people shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves
>not trusting felons and protecting myself and my household is fantasy
>>
>>43570770
Do you know how much it ruins lives to have a home burglarized?

My grandparents had their house robbed. He stole my grandmothers jewelry that was full of family heirlooms.
She was only able to get back what she could describe in detail from memory.
And then living in fear that anything she holds dear could be stolen from her again so easily.

House burglars deserve a bullet in the head.
>>
>>43573954
but hizza good kids

dindu nuffin
>>
So what's the moral justification for protecting the thief, whose probably going to do this again and again since he can't be caught or hurt inside the home without the home owner being arrested and jailed?
>>
>>43566211
>second only to america
What about canada?
>>
File: ms8.jpg (281 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ms8.jpg
281 KB, 800x600
>>43574101
Canada's gun laws suck dick compared to Switzerland. In Switzerland, you will have entire towns and villages go out for shooting matches and beer drinking with this as their target range with unrestricted magazines and later with machine guns and other firearms. A Swiss citizen can own any firearm on the face of the planet with a little paperwork for the Machineguns.

Basically world gun lovers go 1. USA 2. Switzerland and 3. Czech Republic.
>>
>>43570413
"Hey dude can I have your watch? I really like watches. If you need it feel free to keep it though. Anyways I think I will search the ground floor. Do you have any secret storages or something? That'd be really cool, man!"
>>
>>43571553
she was asking for it bro
>>
>>43574050
The idea that lives are more important then property.

I agree with it in principle, but I also don't think I should be obliged to stand by and do nothing while someone walks off with my shit.
>>
File: laughing torpedos.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughing torpedos.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>43574139
>In Switzerland, you will have entire towns and villages go out for shooting matches

I hope you didn't want those freedoms you give up for that because Schiesspflicht is mandatory, your skills are being tested annually and failing, not showing up and not putting the time required for training aside is fined and it's part of the general milita service on top of that because Switzerland does still use the universal draft.
>>
>>43570377
You literally let other men fuck your wife because you are to much of a wuss to stop it. Also what's your address? And what are some of your more valuable items? I want to come see you
>>
>>43570521
>big intruder
If you shoot him, will he die?
>>
>>43574211
Actually, they do that shit outside of the military as well. The pics I'm posting aren't from the Schiesspflicht but a local shooting event that had nothing to do with the Swiss military. Everyone turns up, even people who have no obligation to do so. I've been to one. It was amazing just seeing kids and women and men and even the few foreigners who were taking part rock up and have a great time. If it's such a violation of freedom to have a mandatory day where you have to go outside with your whole community, drink beer, go shooting and talk about guns.

Not to mention that even OUTSIDE of shit like that, Switzerland pisses on Canada in terms of gun laws and on the US in many ways in terms of ease of acquisition of short barrelled firearms and suppressors.
>>
File: ms7.jpg (256 KB, 600x799) Image search: [Google]
ms7.jpg
256 KB, 600x799
>>43574318
>>
>>43574301
It would be very painful.
>>
>>43574318
I wish I could do that in America, but then there's be a bazillion liberal protestors blocking the roads and attacking the participants that it would be hell.
>>
File: ms9c.jpg (374 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ms9c.jpg
374 KB, 800x600
>>43574335
It used to be like this in many nations; in the UK for example, you used to have rifle and pistol clubs all over the place where people would go. Factories and companies would have ranges actually on the premises for people to go shooting after work.

The 20th century fucked over so many good things.
>>
File: ms4.jpg (438 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
ms4.jpg
438 KB, 800x1066
>>43574352
>>
File: image.jpg (993 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
993 KB, 2448x2448
>>43569679
>break into a LGS
>wave a gun around and head for the Dranas so i can fly over Rhinos next FNM
>owner pulls out a gun and says hes calling the cops
>ignore him and start raping people
>get shot
>mfw
>>
>>43574330
He's a big guy.
>>
>>43574139
This sounds and looks incredibly irresponsible and dangerous. Drinking and using firearms on what looks like a part of a town and not some controlled shooting range.

What the fuck are they thinking.
>>
>>43575523
1. They've been doing this for literally centuries. The range is perfectly safe as long as the rifles are not raised above the height of the hill there.

2. They don't actually go shooting after drinking. It's a case of going to do your shooting and then drinking.

Note that this shit happens all across Switzerland and there are no accidents.
>>
>>43565992
Don't they pack MP7s under the clothing or something?
>>
>>43566211
The swiss actually tend to find the militia an annoyance, their airforce is trained to worse standards than any european nation that's not a shithole in the Balkans, and for the most part gun ownership in switzerland is, on a per capita level, comparable to Finland, France and Germany, not to the US.

The swiss, while they've been okay mercenaries, have lost every war they've been involved in past the middle ages, losing a chunk of the Graubunden, getting their shit slapped by Napoleon four times at a time when mountain warfare was considered impossible for the offender, and only owes its continued existence to the fact that nobody could agree who should have what part in 1815.
>>
>>43574318
>Not to mention that even OUTSIDE of shit like that, Switzerland pisses on Canada in terms of gun laws and on the US in many ways in terms of ease of acquisition of short barrelled firearms and suppressors.

Well yeah, lots of their ranges are open-air and pretty close to houses, so using surpressors is basically being less of an asshole about something that's a necessity everybody has to live with.

>Actually, they do that shit outside of the military as well.

Not saying that they do not, but the foundation of it is their milita system. You do notice that everyone on that image is using the standard army assault rifle, right?
>>
>>43575523
>This sounds and looks incredibly irresponsible and dangerous. Drinking and using firearms on what looks like a part of a town and not some controlled shooting range.

The geography allows it. They basically fence off a moat between two hills and shoot into it. The event is also widely publicised annually reccuring events and the police and other emergency services will be present. This ain't some hillibillies shooting bottles at some commons.
>>
File: 1296852225433.jpg (149 KB, 582x729) Image search: [Google]
1296852225433.jpg
149 KB, 582x729
>>43569972
>This is what amerifats actually believe

If the government want to keep you down what the fuck is your little pop gun going to do? You think the fascist dictator is just going to knock on your door and ask you nicely? Why bother, when they can just:

>Napalm you from a helicopter
>Drop missiles from miles away
>Poison the water supply
>Cut off food/goods/trade lines
>Turn off electricity and sanitation works
>Roll a tank straight through your house

Keep telling yourself owning a gun stops you being oppressed anon. Maybe it makes you feel like you have a bigger dick too.
>>
>>43577239
>>43577296
That's because hillillies shooting bottles in the back of the yard would be mostly illegal in Switzerland.

Also silencers are also legal in France, for the record. Both countries have gun control even though yes they have stuff you can't get in north america.

Canadians can get short barreled shotguns but you don't see americans pretending they don't have gun control.
>>
>>43578172
Yes, because that's worked out every single time a major military has fought a bunch of civilians within the past 100 years. And who needs infrastructure anyway, it's not like having food or water is necessary for the alien lizardmen in control of everything.
The Soviets and the Americans had absolutely no problems whatsoever in Afghanistan and rolled right over all the mountain farmers, with their WW1 rifles and assault goats. And then there were absolutely no issues fighting the Viet Kong, and we all know that the entire American military are goosestepping drones who would happily curbstomp their friends and family (Who would all happily line up in the open for it) if their commanders (Likewise indoctrinated) ordered it.
Oh wait, none of that is true.
>>
>>43566501
God that would be pretty fucking funny to see though
>>
>>43566501
Well, that's actually a pretty apt metaphor, in that it's going to be waaaaay easier to beat up kindergartner. And if you don't care about anything more than winning the fight... yeah, that actually is a pretty good idea.
>>
How much is a kilogram of GW's plastic army men worth anyway?
>>
File: 1446990937827.png (203 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
1446990937827.png
203 KB, 1802x905
>>43578172

>If the government want to keep you down what the fuck is your little pop gun going to do?
Surprise: "the government" isn't some monolithic entity with complete control over its agents!
>helicopters and missiles and tanks, oh my
You might not have noticed, but there are—y'know—people operating them. People sworn to support and defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. Guess who the domestic enemy is in your little fantasy?
>sabotaging infrastructure
Who do you think would be more affected: the insurrectionists who have made preparations for these exact circumstances, or the general public which the "fascist dictator" presumably wishes to maintain control over? Yeah, definitely winning hearts and minds there, genius.
>Keep telling yourself owning a gun stops you being oppressed anon.
It's more than the bare status of owning a firearm. It's about having the mentality of free men; of refusing to be victims. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?

>being THIS EAGER to bend over and take it with no resistance
Sasuga Great Shitstain!

Saging politely due to non-contributive post.
>>
>>43579265
>>43579859
What does it have to do with you having a right to shoot black people? Would you kindly fuck off back to /pol/?
>>
>>43579859
>Russia has already stated they would back any texas seperation[sic] movement
lol what
>>
>>43580094
Did you actually read the post they were responding too?
>>
>>43579810
Raw materials? A few cents.
>>
>>43579859
actually you did provide something of value being the copypasta in the image
>>
>>43565155
Probably some ultra-poor guy whose kid was teased in school because his father was too poor to afford a deck of the cardgame everyone was into at the time.
>>
>>43580094
Why are you so obsessed with shooting black people? You are the only one mentioning them. Is there something you want to tell us?
>>
>>43579859
>"Russia has already stated they would back any texas seperation[sic] movement"
>accepting help from Russia to turn against your own country
So not only would you be a filthy traitor, you'd be a retard as well.
Do you know ANYTHING about history and what happens when you accept help from a militant, expansionist communist nation with a history of antagonism against your country? Are you so eager to make border-fences in Texas that you'd build a second Berlin Wall?

Any conservative American separatist movement that accepts aid from Russia automatically loses all ideological credibility.
>>
File: 1357969138935.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1357969138935.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>43580323
>communist
>>
>>43580323
>Russia
>communist
Wha?
>>
>>43580323
>>43579859
>"...blue states are for the most part consumer states and not producer states."
>"Urban areas don't have farms."
I wouldn't expect an ignorant inbred hick to know anything about industrial production or how the South has practically none to speak of.

Who makes the guns and ammo you Southern rednecks consume? Factories based in the Northern blue states. Washington would stop all shipments of ammo to the South, and then one flyover with drones modified to dust your crops with weedkiller is all it would take.

On that note, keep thinking Monsanto and the other agribusiness corporations will let your gap-toothed sheep-fucking farmers use their patented seeds to feed their treasonous rebellion. You'd be hurting their profits; they'd finance the shit out of suppression efforts against you.
>>
>>43580353
>>43580393
Well, seeing as how the USSR was essentially a dictatorship using communism as a cover, I suppose nothing has really changed except now they cover it with being a "republic" instead.

Whatever, though. Either way, enjoy being a vassal state under Putin's boot.
>>
>>43565804
But you only get away with killing people in the US if you do it with a gun, right? If I chop up or twist the head off an intruder, do I still get away with it?
>>
>>43580596
Better than living under a government that has turned against its people enough for complete civil war to tear up the country.
>>
⇩ down with the thief
>>
>>43580712
>Hey guys, the government is oppressing us!
>Let's trade it in for an even more oppressive government!
Excellent logic there, Cletus. Just remember, traitors hang.
>>
>>43569903
As a Swedish gun-hater, I still think you should fuck off.
>>
>>43564956
FLGS are routinely robbed.
>>
>>43579810
Pennies per box in raw material, an amount that decreases with every box made in development costs, an evenly distributed amount per box in labor costs of the guys operating the injection molders, a growing amount that spreads fairly evenly over every box to a small per-box value in depreciation costs of machinery, and - here's the important part - however much extra "cost" someone will pay for it to enrich GW's executives and stockholders.
>>
>>43564956
Ha! Jokes on him! There ARE no diamonds in my LGS!
>>
>>43579859
>Russia, spoiler alert one of the best militaries in the world at fighting in urban environment
Lol, what? How about Grozny? How about Beslan? Russians have no fucking clue how to fight in urban environments.
>>
>>43580489
Actually, most firearms manufacturers, aerospace manufacturers, and the places that produce agricultural equipment, raw and refined metals, plumbing equipment, tools, garden hoses, and ammunition are mostly or entirely South of the Mason-Dixie Line. The Northern parts of the U.S. have exchanged factories and manual lobor jobs for office jobs and finance management, so actually the federal government would have a far harder time getting shit than the ignorant inbred hicks who run the factories, refineries, oil wells, and farms that maintain a lecherous finance-capitalist North.
>>
>>43574431
He didn't mean to rape anyone, he just tripped and fell into someone's vagina
>>
File: parkour.jpg (60 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
parkour.jpg
60 KB, 500x333
Swiss jewel thief will elude the local cops with his power of Parkour!
>>
By all the gods.

Guns are dangerous. There is, statistically, no justification for owning one for self-defense. Literally two-thirds of gun deaths in the US are suicides, and more than half of the remainder are caused by accidents.

Rarely do people who are attacked by an armed assailant have the opportunity to draw a weapon, and those who do, statistically, tend to get killed. Violent crime has been decreasing in frequency for decades. If you keep your gun locked up and safe, it won't help you stop an attack, and if you don't, you're literally cheating death by an amount that is factors higher than it would be if you simply called the police if you suspected an impending crime.

>WHATIFWHATIFWHATIF

By that logic, you should wear a lifejacket all the time in case someone tries to drown you. And carry a parachute. Don't forget to carry five gallons of water in case you get stuck in the desert.

Also, good luck either shooting down a fighter-bomber with your shotgun or getting the whole world to rise up and overthrow the communofascist dictator in the name of keeping your taxes and governmental apparatus at Dark-Age levels. You'll find plenty of sympathy, I'm sure.
>>
>>43585295

No one does. There's a reason most successful invasions sweep the countryside first before concentrating everything against cities.
>>
>>43586236
Guns are less dangerous than many, many things. Guns only barely reach the top ten most common cause of death in the US because of suicides. If you aren't suicidal, a gun is not statistically dangerous. If you have even an inkling of how to handle it safely, it's not practically dangerous to yourself either.
>>
>>43586318
Also, even with firearms, one in twenty five suicide attempts actually succeed. That means that 24 out of 25 fail to an hero. And literally millions upon millions of people with firearms never even attempt it because they aren't suicidal.
>>
>>43579859
>You might not have noticed, but there are—y'know—people operating them. People sworn to support and defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

You are aware the US locked its own citizens up in concentration camps in WW2, right? And it was your own soldiers that did it. The military follows orders, not the Constitution.
>>
>>43586554
It locked up Japanese-Americans during a scare about the Japanese having a lot of spies.
Nowadays, that kind of racism would be smacked down before the President could even sign an executive order to that end. And also would need a target race that unambiguously attacked the US, regardless. They couldn't even justify singling out middle-easterners after 9/11. It wouldn't fly, even with a baby-eating administration.
>>
>>43586588
justify != do
>>
>>43586383
Not to mention that the US is around the 30s for top suicide rates. The highest suicide rates in the world are in countries with very strict gun control or outright bans.
>>
>>43586554
Okay, repeat after me.

CONCENTRATION CAMPS=/NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMPS=/DEATH CAMPS.

All a concentration camp means is that you concentrate a large number of people in one location. The conditions weren't amazing but saying that the Japanese Americans were being treated like inmates in a German concentration camp is just wrong. The Brits also locked up Italian and German citizens or families in camps as well and no one complains about that.
>>
>>43589887
...nobody said that though...

Wow.
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.