[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to deal with autistic players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1444937117129.jpg (136 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444937117129.jpg
136 KB, 900x900
So I'm gonna DM my first 5e campaign this coming Saturday, but I'm worried about one of my players. She's essentially a combination of that girl and that guy in a singular being.

>She hasn't read the handbook, just kind of skimmed the race section
>Doesn't listen
>Character is her bara fantasy orc barbarian
>Keeps trying to talk over me and the other players, who carry her ass for kilometers
>Always leaves her mic on when she goes AFK, and her brother always comes into her room to talk about how he sharts in his mouth
>Doesn't try to roleplay at all, just hits stuff and combat and yells over people asking what she should roll to loot

We're all pretty good friends, but I'm wondering if it would be better to kick her now, or should I kick her once she becomes unbearable and we're all sick to death of her? Or am I being too harsh?
>>
Talk to her about it you goober. That talking over the other players and especially dm is not cool yo.
>>
>>43559432
I wouldn't blame you for kicking her outright. Judging from your green text, I wouldn't have invited her in the first place.

If you still want to let her have a chance, though. Sit down with her and talk about it before the game, point out that she's going to need to read the handbook, stop trying to talk over people, put some effort into roleplaying, etc. And then if that doesn't work out, or if she can't handle the conversation like a mature adult, then put the boot to good use.
>>
>>43559468
This

She has to realise that shit wont stick if she wants to continue playing, after all we put a lot of work into our games, why compromise it for one player who by the sounds of it doesn't want to be there anyway.
>>
>>43559432

>leaves mic on so you can hear stupid shit

I'd hope it's your server so you can global mute. Tell her that she'll be muted when it happens and will need to type that she's back to be unmuted.
>>
>>43559432
Give her the D&D
>>
>>43559461
>>43559468
I think I'll try that. She's not very good at listening but maybe some one on one will bring her down to earth.

>>43559522
I usually end up hosting a steam call. I can just kick her and reinvite her when she gets back.
>>
You should put up with her poor behavior that would otherwise get her kicked, because she's a girl.

That's the reply you were waiting for, right?
>>
>>43559556
>using Skype when there are superior server-client based options that are free and you can setup them with few clicks. Some are free as in freedom.
It is like you want to have shit game, anon.
>>
>>43560202
Steam*
It is the same shit. Even worse for VoIP
>>
>>43559432
>She
Drop it like it's hot.
>>
>>43559872
Nah, it's because we're all friends and I don't want to seem like a dick.

>>43560202
>>43560217
We all use steam for vidya whenever mumble isn't an option. Do you have any specific recommendations for tabletops voice communication?
>>
>>43559432
Oh look, it's the return of "Xian/gay/girl/fag/asshole/moron in game wat do" threads.
>>
>>43559432
Just kick her right now.
>>
Sometimes you just can't accommodate a player OP, and in those circumstances it's okay not to play with them.

I don't have any experience with anyone who is kinda messed up mentally, but I did once hang around with a blind girl who kept angling for invites to my PnP games. She did ask outright eventually but I had to turn her down because it would have been way too much effort to set everything up so she could play. Although I didn't say, just told her we were full up.
>>
Wew Lad, look who has a problem
Give me her address and I'll give 'er a visit, kiddo
>>
>>43559432
I don't know man... does she share any peculiar resemblance with the girl in that pic? Cause if yes you may want to give her another chance.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.