[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The war is lost. The evil wizard rides atop an army of monsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
The war is lost.

The evil wizard rides atop an army of monsters and corrupted slaves armies drafted from every known nation in the world which he has crushed utterly.

The heroes and adventurers have failed their quest, their heads now mount pikes on the wizards chariot, as well as the heads of the rest of the kings of all the world.

The King sits in the room with his generals and guard, the last king of the free world, as the enemy is outside knocking on the doors with a battering ram.

What is it like?
>>
One last enormous orgy
>>
I order my last remaining guards to place a bucket of water precariously on top of the main throne room door, and put a whoopee cushion on my throne.
Even if the war is lost, the evil wizard will be the one who is all wet.
>>
>Strip naked
>Douse self in oil
>Pick up biggest sword you're capable of using
>Ignite self
>Rung screaming and hacking into villains army
>Be remembered for eternity
>???
>Profit
>>
There's an entire setting that already exists for D&D like this but I can't remember the name anymore, it's been years since I read the material. But it's basically what you're describing, humanity has been exterminated, and all the pseudo-human races are enslaved and participating in guerrilla resistance to some degree or another. The halflings are particularly feisty.
>>
>>43558760
In a generic DnD setting?
Do the only thing left to do.
Make our peace. With ourselves, whatever family we have left, and the gods.
Anyone who can't fight goes out the back.
Then shake hands, have one last drink among us, and make our inevitable final stand, trying to at least kill the wizard if we can manage it.
>"Not until the last man dies."
>>
>>43558760
Open door just as they would have hit the door.

They all land in the castle with the battering ram.

Now you have their battering ram.
>>
>>43558906
I believe you are referring to Dark Sun, in which the land of Athas is now desolate, metal and water are in great scarcity, and the creatures and peoples have adapted and evolved to survive in the new environment. I read the first book in the series. I think it is called The Verdent Passage. It was really awesome. I'm definitely going to continue reading.
>>
>>43558760
>wizard entering castle
>spring traps inside castle to rightly fuck wizard
>castle on a mountain
>the sorcerer king and his coven of battlemages sling spells and bolts of death from mountain citadel
>win?
>>
File: SB22_small.jpg (14 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
SB22_small.jpg
14 KB, 240x180
>>43558760
It looks like a bunch of dudes getting drunk around this mechanism.

By the way, we've told the wizard if he personally enters my throne room, I'll pitch my crown at his feet and accept what's coming.
>>
>>43558760

> "Well, looks like we're well and truly fucked."
> "Seriously, the evil Wizard could kill us all BY HIMSELF."
> "Time to have a nightcap of hemlock and chase it down with Scotch."
>>
You see, long ago, our forefathers saw that magic might bring the free world to its knees and be used to enact one sick man's greedy will.
So they dedicated themselves, and our bloodline to one god's cause.
The god of anti-magic.
She granted us a boon, an artifact which will, hopefully for a short time but possibly forever, negate all magic in the world. Magic is such an integral part of this world though, that never before has there been a justifiable reason.
Now there is.
May our children forgive us if we rob them and theirs of such ancient power for all time, but let them at the least realize that this sacrifice is necessary.
I pray that the wizard's slave armies realize what has happened too, and that they tear apart their Wizardlord before they crash through our gates.
>>
>Release the anti-magic golem
>>
What setting? If in my setting:
The pirate "king" would just flee on a ship,
the noble crusaders would hold up in whatever part of the palace would be the most costly for the enemy to breach,
the evil elf queen would just surrender and then cleverly swap places with the conqueror,
the nice elf queen would honorably surrender while her court fight to the death,
the nice human queen would do the same, and then try to convince the evil wizard to do good whenever she can,
evil wizard #1 would teleport away and wait for a new opportunity to nuke the world;
evil wizard #2 would just kill all the invaders because she's immortal,
the god-king-boy would either have a backup plan for this or roast the invading army with his OP dragon,
the god-king-man would go down fighting,
the high priest-king would probably go down fighting, if he thinks he won't be able to wage a guerilla war,
the arch-angel ruler would surrender asking only that his people would be spared,
the horse lords would go down fighting,
the dwarves and the surface-dwarves would go down fighting or surrender depending on personalities,
the mage queen herself would surrender, most her people would fight to the death,
the orcs would go down fighting,
the barbarians would go down fighting too,
the vampire queen would go down fighting while the vamp-king would surrender or escape,
and finally the clown-king would just mindcontrol everyone in the enemy army and have them kill each other or serve him.
>>
>>43560101
I like this setting
>>
File: ShofixtiComm.png (16 KB, 243x107) Image search: [Google]
ShofixtiComm.png
16 KB, 243x107
Obviously the thing to do is to invite the wizard over under pretense of capitulation and then blow up the castle.
>>
>>43560154
This a thousand times over.

He thinks he's won? I've gathered every anti-magic relic in the kingdom. We'll 'surrender' with only a token resistance, then throw the castle gates open and invite him to take the crown from my hands. The moment he take it, I'll ask him if he's ready for everything that comes with rulership. When he answers that he is (the arrogant bastard), I'll tell him what my father told me: "Ruling with strength is meaningless, as it will only turn the world against you. Only when you are ready to give your own life for your people, are you truly worthy to rule."

Activate my anti-magic ring and every other relic we have...

And then detonate the arsenal, crack every magic stone in the throne and turn the royal city into a crater.

I hope my son, long since fled with a handful of those I can trust, will never have to make such a terrible decision, to give his own life and the lives of every soldier and civilian for a league around, for the sake of the world.
>>
File: Knights.jpg (206 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
Knights.jpg
206 KB, 800x577
>>43558760
>pick one smartest general who I trust the most and some guards
>send him through secret exit outside with a Obi-Wan-esque mission, so that he can at least try to avenge the fallen if the opportunity arises
>assemble everyone else and lead the last charge, trying to draw as much attention as possible
For the last time, men, let the king lead you to glory!
>>
>>43558760
Order the last troops to turn towards the door and kill everyone coming inside. While they have their backs turned, the king puts the crown on the throne, grabs as much gold and jewelry as he can, and escapes with his gold-laden valet through a secret passage.
>>
>>43560426
Found That Guy
>>
>>43558858
Whoppie cushion in the throne is brilliant. He's been waiting for this moment for so long, the best thing is to rob him of satisfaction and make him kill all the witnesses out of embarrassment.
>>
Well define evil.

Knocking over centuries of feudal society where no one except the heir or the spare could rise to power, keeping people in serfdom etc. can't be all bad.

I for one welcome our new wizard overlord, at least give him a chance.
>>
>>43558760
>The war was lost.
The treaty signed.
>>
File: Theoden_at_hornburg.jpg (799 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Theoden_at_hornburg.jpg
799 KB, 1920x800
>>43558760
I'd follow the ancient customs of the greatest kings of old, and gloriously charge into their ranks.

If properly executed, this shall trigger the eldest of royal magics, "Summon Deus Ex Machina".
>>
Demon pact?
>>
File: Why_Boner_2.png (34 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
Why_Boner_2.png
34 KB, 298x279
These people are idiots, evil wizard comes into my throne room? One word.
Rape.
>>
>>43558906
>>43559094
Midnight?
>>
>>43558760
I need just 20 good men, OP.
>>
File: 1440778056722.jpg (729 KB, 1701x2005) Image search: [Google]
1440778056722.jpg
729 KB, 1701x2005
>>43558760
>King
>Free world

1. Remove king
2. Wreck some shit
3. Don't assume the evil wizard is above burning his own property and condemning his most loyal followers to a gruesome death for a minor strategic advantage
>>
>>43558838
Eldar Ending: Orgy Slaanesh into existence and hope it slaughters the BBEG when it's done with you.
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-1381-1371742191-7.jpg (116 KB, 625x409) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-1381-1371742191-7.jpg
116 KB, 625x409
>>43559064
>Open door just as they would have hit the door
everybody walk the dinosaur
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 535x464
>The keep is actually a bomb
>>
>>43559529
What is that thing?
>>
>>43568341
Old school a-bomb.
>>
File: yeah about that.png (23 KB, 297x396) Image search: [Google]
yeah about that.png
23 KB, 297x396
>>43560372
>Actually, your majesty, if it's all the same with you I'd rather live.
>I mean, I know he's an evil wizard and all, Lord. But if you're not going to be king anymore, well, isn't it best that as many of your subjects live as possible? To remember your Majesty's legacy, and all that, wot?
>I don't mean nothing serious about it, your Majesty. I personally am all in on the run-at-the-other-fellows-and-die-horribly bit, but y'know there are other plans we could think about before we jump to conclusions about what we ought to do, if you understand my meaning, Sire.
>>
>>43562063
>The war was lost.
>The treaty signed.
>I was not caught.

Yeeeeah.
>>
>>43568983
>The war was lost
>The treaty signed
>I was not caught
I crossed the line

Yup
>>
>>43568983
>>43569036
>I was not caught
>Though many tried
>I live among you
>Well disguised
>>
>>43569036
>>43569087

Nevermind.
>>
Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.
>>
>>43558760
The king is kept alive and made into the court jester for shits and giggles

The evil wizard, being incorruptible and staffing his cabinet with minions that are magically compulsed to obey without question, initiates testing for different segmented and separated sections of the population to find the best governmental and economic systems. Most are inhuman or fall apart, but some turn out to work well and the best is selected for further testing.

Eventually the best system for humanity is found.

The the wizard gets bored a few thousand years later and goes full SimCity disaster on everyone until new heroes rise up.
>>
>>43568341
The Trinity device, the first plutonium implosion nuclear warhead.
>>
>>43558858
>>43560585
Hell, the witnesses are probably his best soldiers, maybe one of them could even take him down, and even if they fail he's short his top generals.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.