[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, after not playing MTG for a few years, I have a few friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: mm139_commonCards.jpg (137 KB, 620x756) Image search: [Google]
mm139_commonCards.jpg
137 KB, 620x756
So, after not playing MTG for a few years, I have a few friends coming over this weekend for a few beers and some geeky fun. I have a few thousands commons lying around and I'd appreciate any advice on how to build semi-balanced mono-colored decks of 40 cards each?

I was thinking to go somewhere along 17 lands + other cards with 2 artifacts, 2 instants, 2 sorceries in each deck. Creatures would go from 1 to 5 mana (i don't really have many really expensive cards on hand).

Any general advice hot to do this deckbuilding in order to make deck approximatelly balanced? I do not want to make something annoying as hell.

thanks
>>
>>43558098
>40 cards
Fine but why not the usual 60?
>17 lands
Good benchmark for 40 card decks
>+ other cards with 2 artifacts, 2 instants, 2 sorceries in each deck
Different decks need different things. Do not limit yourself like this.

>Any general advice hot to do this deckbuilding in order to make deck approximately balanced? I do not want to make something annoying as hell.
If it's all commons, it should stay pretty balanced naturally. Blue is annoying to most new players assuming you run counters, but that's just how it is. Budget control is shite in multiplayer anyway so it works out.
>>
>>43558098
How about you do a rochester draft?
You dump a bunch of cards on a pile, and one by one you each pick a card?
if these people are new, you might also look into what the decklists of those free giveaway starterthings to get ideas of what to use.
>>
Use a 60 card deck, you only have commons why add insult to injury.
Next you'd be well off using 15 lands, mana producing creatures somewhere around 25 mana producing creatures, 20 artifacts. Try that, im sure you'll be fine.
>>
>>43559230
Did your mommy not love you enough?

Is your dick a size of babbys' pinky finger? Size of a small knob?

I am right on both counts.
>>
I would build tribal. Goblins, Humans, Faeries, shit like that
>>
>>43558204
Rochester draft or build a cube. Cube would take more time since you'd want it relatively balanced.
>>
>>43559230
You have absolutely zero fucking idea what you are doing, do you?

Or are you tolling?
>>
>>43562304
>being this new
>>
>>43558098
Honestly, balancing decks is quite hard. Doing that well will be a lot of work on your part, since there is no real formula for it. Though the most important thing would be keeping an even mana curve, so the decks have similar amounts of cards at each cost.
>>
>>43562414
>you didn't catch this obscure reference to a post that I made 5 years ago
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.