[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make chaos competitive 40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-11-09-20-25-32.png (774 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-09-20-25-32.png
774 KB, 1080x1920
Gentleman, I need advice on how to make a competitive Iron warriors decurion and formations to go with. Completely unofficial but the people in my meta are tired of chaos being so rubbish.

I was thinking of the decurion bonus being something like:
Bonus 1: barrage weapons can shoot into friendly combats.
Bonus 2: units in the decurion have +1. Bonus to cover behind defensive lines or on battlements.

Formations might include:

The fortifications formation from strong hold assault, with several towers and a few walls.

A fortification consisting of 2 renegade artillery batteries and a squad of havocs. If within 6'' of the havocs, the artillery batteries can reduce scatter by -1.

Is this broken as fuck or going in the right direction? I really want to play fluffy Iron Warriors without just spaming wyverns in a purge renegade ordnance master list.
>>
>I really want to play fluffy Iron Warriors

Just use the loyal codex.
You don't have daemons and cult marines, so just use the Iron Hands or Imperial Fists tactics, and add some ally Imperial Guards if you want.
>>
>>43558487
It sounds sad, but true...
>>
>>43557955
codex CSM

hq flying dp
hq flying dp

cultists
cultists

four knights as allies come the apocalypse
>>
>>43560146
Drakes no longer good?
>>
>>43557955
Use the SM codex with Imperial Fist chapter tactics. Wont be perfect but its the next best thing to a real CSM codex.

Theres really no way to make CSM competitive due to no ATSKNF, and overpriced units that offer less than their counterparts. The mark system is absolute garbage compared to chapter tactics (though there are exceptions).

Just dont bother, its sn exercise in futility. Use the SM codex.
>>
>>43560181
Theyre ok. The two nerfs hurt them pretty bad. Id put them right below Stormravens and Vendettas.
>>
>>43557955
Here is how you do a Decurion for Iron Warriors.

Doomengie Decurion.

1+ Warpsmith
1+ Obliterators
2+ Chaos Space marines
1+ Chaos Vindicator
0-2 Heldrakes
0-3 Maulderfiend
0-3 Forgefiend

Warpsmith Must be your army General
Does not count as battle brothers with Daemons

Bonus 1: Iron Within - as long as an Infantry unit is within 8" of a Vehicle, it gains FnP 6+ and fire overwatch at BS 2

Bonus 2: Iron Without - As long as a Vehicle is within 8" of a Independent character or a character it gains a 5+ Ward Save and +1 BS and WS
>>
>>43560313
Doom Engine* Damnit.

Also 5+ Invun Save, I have been playing too much WHFB.
>>
>>43560181
GW nerfed them pretty hard after everyone bought one or two.

CSM aren't allowed to be shiny ever
>>
>>43560888
>Muffled 3.5dex in the distance
>>
>>43560313
add in stubborn and tank hunters then you got a threat. i also noticed you left out the defiler, not a fan of it?
>>
File: Raging fatality.gif (260 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Raging fatality.gif
260 KB, 250x250
>>43557955
Interest because I'm a new-fag Chaos player that needs to get his shit together.
>>
Use the Horus Heresy rules for them. If they'll let you go homebrew they'll let you go forge world.
>>
>>43560313
iron without is practically useless as all but the vindicator in your list already has a 5+ inv. because it is a daemon engine.
>>
>>43562993
vindicators aren't daemon engines loyalists, even giving them daemonic possession doesn't make them daemons
>>
Ally crimson slaughter. Take book that gives prescience. Stick mage next to two auto cannon forgefiends, giggle.

But seriously checkout table top tactics for their iron warrior varation
>>
For Iron Warriors, use the Purge Detachment with Siege of Vraks, Demagogue as your Warlord with Ordinance Tyrant Trait and Covenant of Nurgle. Take Field Artillery are Elites (which is core) you have 0 troop requirement (but can take zombies if you wish). Now your Stor-Bezshak Artillery can fire into combat. Take some worthless human Chaff to tie up units and laugh.
For the Space Marines, take Havocs, Marines in Rhinos for mainline troops, Obliterators as well if you wish (Havoks and Oblits equally fluffy, but one is a marine and the other a weird mutated demon thing).
As you have taken two FOC's you can take two sets of Fortifications, Take Void Shield Generators and either trench networks (with barbed wire for dangerous terrain checks) or Bastion network with trenches and barbed wire and a void shield built in. You now have shit all that can touch you if you bubble wrap effectively and can put out obscene amount of barrage fire.
>>
>>43558487
And if you really want, you can just take allied Daemonkin War Machine formations of maulerfiends and heldrakes if you really feel like it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.