[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rip 30k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
rip 30k
>>
Good. Now maybe they can stand a better chance against all that Mechanicus bullshit.
>>
File: 1094981535104.jpg (27 KB, 480x430) Image search: [Google]
1094981535104.jpg
27 KB, 480x430
so it begins..........................enjoy your AOS 30k
>>
>>43556571
It's fake, judging from the wording.
>>
>>43556571
That wording on objective secured doesn't say that the unit actually has to be on the objective to secure it...
>>
>>43556571
I don't get it, what's the issue here?
>>
>>43556571
What's happening?

I just got a job and wanted to get back into the game through 30K. After Fallout 4 that is.
>>
Is this satire, or an actual thing that GW are really doing?

Since Age of Sigmar, I can't really tell.
>>
File: didn't read.gif (1000 KB, 300x144) Image search: [Google]
didn't read.gif
1000 KB, 300x144
>>43556629
Once per match you have to shout "FURY OF THE LEGION" to get special rules, just like AOS
>>
>>43556643
Didn't they do that kind of stuff in the old days? At least with content printed in White Dwarf?
>>
>>43556643

How is this any different then the orks WHHHAAG rule?
>>
>>43556571
>All Units must be drawn from the same Chapter.
>Chapter.
It's fake.
>>
File: 1445206450049.jpg (22 KB, 651x575) Image search: [Google]
1445206450049.jpg
22 KB, 651x575
>>43556571
>Legion
>One Chapter

Bait harder.
>>
>>43556666
WITNESSED.

And yeah, the chapter thing makes no sense in this setting. We'll be reaching towards maximum jimmy rustling if this turns out to be not gay and fake.
>>
Throwing this poll everywhere.
http://strawpoll.me/5961710/r
>>
>>43556940
>/r
>>
>>43556961
Ah yes, sorry. Vote on.

http://strawpoll.me/5961710/
>>
What is a Legion Squad(s)? Where is that in the army list? Is the the Tactical Squad? Is it any Troops choice? Is it any Infantry squad?
>>
Its probably fake but this is the problem with GW today. When AoS was released people on /tg/ thought it had to be a troll attempt too, it was that retarded.
>>
>>43556628
Does that surprise you in any way, shape or form?
>>
They spelt armoured "armored". GW is an English company. They don't do that. This was written by an American. It is not official.
>>
>>43557771
Out of all the retarded shit on that one page, this is the only thing to convince me that it is actually fake.
>>
>>43556650
Yes.
Warhammer used to be silly and fun.
>>
>>43557049
legion squads are just tactical squads, 30k style
>>
>>43557976
I thought the term was 'Legion Tactical Squad'.
And then you've also got Legion Support Squads, Legion Assasult Squads, Legion Devastator Squads etc...
>>
>>43557997
yeah true enough
>>
Fake and gay. FFS it still says "All units must be drawn from the same CHAPTER" at the bottom.
>>
File: Witnessed.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Witnessed.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>43556666
>>
>>43556571
>fury of the legion when you fury of the legion
>20 man legion squad no shoots 80 bolt gun shots that are twin linked, gets hot, shred
What can survive such dakka
>>
Fake and gay and even if it was real it would suck.
>>
File: IMG_0950.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0950.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
The rules are for 40k and not 30k, here is another picture of that page.

The store manager of my local GW gave it to me when I preordered the Horus Heresy box.

Any questions regarding this he quickly waved off with a "You'll see next week".
>>
>>43562473
Well fuck.

New Tau codex / Marine supplement had none of this bullshit, so we can assume it is safe.

But I'm slightly worried about the rumours I heard of 30k being simplified to be an AoS-esque entry into 40k

This would make no sense though as FW do 30k and it costs half a fortune so it's anything but entry level.

But GW have gone beyond making sensible decision.
>>
File: kek.jpg (5 KB, 261x211) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
5 KB, 261x211
>>43556571
FUCKING. CALLED. IT.
>>
>>43556981
It's tough for me to choose right now (which is fine, since I lack the funds at the moment anyway), since I like most of the legions for some reason or another (not crazy about the Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, Word Bearers, or Death Guard). I wouldn't mind going Raven Guard or Dark Angels, but I can't stand paint schemes that are 90% black. Maybe Blood Angels.
>>
>legion squad
Confirmed made by store manager chucklefuck who hasn't even opened a FW book. Let's look at several"legion squads" in the game:
Legion Command Squad
Legion Veteran Tactical Squad
Legion Destroyer Squad
Legion Terminator Squad
Legion Tactical Squad
Legion Assault Squad
Legion Breacher Siege Squad
Legion Tactical Support Squad
Legion Reconnaissance Squad
Legion Seeker Squad
Legion Outrider Squad

There's another 20 I'm not autistic enough to list out. There are more problems obviously with the page but that one is just glaring.
>>
God damn it internet, you do realize this is fan made right? Just god damn you all.
>>
>>43556666
>>43556757

Space Marine Chapters were a thing even before the Chapters became the basic operating element of the Astartes.
>>
>>43556650
>in the old days
Yes, 30 years ago.
>>
>>43563366
Sort-of, but that's retarded anyway.

So Iron Hands players have to take every model from the one clan, or Dark Angels players have to take every model from the one wing.

Chapters (going by different names in different legions) existed, but in some legions they were so drastically different that making a strike force from just one Chapter is crippling or perhaps even impossible; while for others it makes literally no difference at all. So if that is what is meant (unlikely), it's more retarded than any number of other fuck-ups they made on that sheet.
>>
>>43556571
>All these plebs can't into reading
>Even a passing glance could tell you it's fake

>>43556629
Two of them really
>That people are this dumb and believe it's real
>That anyone could think forcing players to shout is a good idea

>>43556634
AOS was test
Sold models, but nobody plays it

>>43556666
Glad someones not stupid

>>43562473
You're a fool for believing him

>>43563055
Most people can't handle reading more than 70 characters, 140 at max.
>>
>>43561690
It isn't any good.

The absolute minimum spend of this is 1875 points, which gets you five Legion Tactical Squads (if that's what they mean by 'legion squads'), a Praetor, and three dreadnoughts, with no upgrades.

That has no shooting weapon stronger than a boltgun (and only the dreadnoughts can get non-pistol/combiweapon shooting weapon upgrades), requires you to own a hundred marines (even with three boxes of Battle for Calth you're still short), and (this dataslate's) Fury of the Legion gives you about a 40% increase in damage output at maximum advantage, but if you're getting 400 bolter shots, does making that 40% better really help? Whatever you're shooting at with 400 bolter shots is either dead anyway or can't be hurt at all. Gets Hot! is negligible for marines with Twin-Linked though, so there is that.

The Consuls (hey dumbasses! They're Centurions, Consul is an upgrade for them!) and the Command Squad could add a couple of special weapons, the Terminators could add some close combat power and one or two heavy weapons. But other than picking a Rite of War and using it to buy Land Raiders/Kharybdis for everything, you're very light on tanks and a number of Legion armies half your size (in points) will outgun you horribly.

This *might* work in Zone Mortalis, or if your game is so massive that you'd be buying all of this anyway (definitely Apocalypse) and have half-a-dozen tanks and other heavy support choices to add.

Otherwise, though, this is just a dumb excuse for trying to sell more boxes of Betrayal at Calth to the ones who already bought it once.
>>
>>43563800
>Sold models, but nobody plays it
GW doesn't care about the second part, as long as they get the first part.
>>
>>43563883
>The Consuls (hey dumbasses! They're Centurions, Consul is an upgrade for them!)
This alone should tell you it's fake.
>>
From what was posted on Faeit, this is just something that was come up with by/for store managers so people could play HH games with their BaC contents because GW stores themselves don't sell the FW HH books.

This is backed up by last week's WD which has a box advertising how FW has a range of models and books for playing HH games.
>>
>>43556571
>5+ Legion Squads at max size

What am I supposed to do with 100 marines?
>>
>>43562473
Yeah it's a local homebrew, we figured this out in the HH already. Move along everyone.
>>
>>43564402
Walk.
>>
File: Dubious.jpg (65 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Dubious.jpg
65 KB, 250x250
>>43557771

They did the same with "Armoury," Master-crafted is unhyphenated, etc. Confirmed for fake.
>>
>>43556571
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT GAMES WORKSHOP! LEAVE FORGE WORLD AND THE HORUS HERESY ALONE! IT'S ACTUALLY A *GOOD* GAME!
>>
>>43556571
Neat. Funny cause there's no such thing as a "boltweapon." I'm looking all through the rule book but I don't see "boltweapons" anywhere. I see "bolter weapons," "bolters," "heavy bolters," and "hurricane bolters"
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.