[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: 1447011056724.jpg (131 KB, 612x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447011056724.jpg
131 KB, 612x1000
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Aroden is an Annunaki edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention if any third-party books are allowed, and if so, which.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous: >>43548270
>>
File: Lass.png (424 KB, 1350x887) Image search: [Google]
Lass.png
424 KB, 1350x887
Post things you make for players.
Took out the text cause it's boring and this looks better. It's basically a not!mythic path, if your curious.
>>
>>43556077
Yes I'm aware it's not exactly a simple undertaking.

>>43556100
I think that's a problem on your end, it looks fine for me.
>>
>>43556078
First for Drow genocide!
>>
First for how the fuck do you actually assassinate people stealthily in this fucking game jesus christ
>>
>>43556113
are you running at a resolution higher than 1440x900? because that's what I'm using, and I'm not the anon that complained about it
>>
New dude here
I think I'm missing something
Is the bestiary 5 already out or what?
>>
>>43556113
No like, when you scroll to the side to reveal the text, it doesn't actually scroll.

>>43556130
I'm at 1600x900, and it's fucking up for me.
>>
>>43556130
Would you mind posting a screenshot of the issue?
>>
>>43556157
>>
File: drow bride.png (425 KB, 615x800) Image search: [Google]
drow bride.png
425 KB, 615x800
>>43556117
First for drow alliances through marriage
>>
>>43556112
>Post things you make for players.

I'm a DM and aspiring writer.
I made a world for my players to frolic in.
It had a history, lore, economies, deities, political figures, interesting places, weather patterns and everything.

Map size is too large, here's an imgur link:
http://i.imgur.com/MSHxosZ.png

I also made factions which would ally or antagonize the party depending on their choices and designed the crests myself:
http://i.imgur.com/gMsFjHD.png

Lastly, I'm also doing some fanart of all the characters they've rolled over the months we've been gaming:
http://i.imgur.com/ZSj5fqJ.jpg

I'm a pretty devoted DM and want my players to have fun so I make the most immersive game they've ever played.
>>
>>43556169
Hopefully this change fixed it.
>>
>>43556185
Damn I'm jealous. I wish I could draw so I could do stuff like that for my players.
>>
>>43556185
Map is kinda meh, but everything is AMAZING like holy crap you are an awesome DM how do I get inside your game
>>
>>43555986
Since Outer Gods and Great Old Ones can grant spells and have domains, what's the best one for a hypothetical 61 year old Deep One Hybrid Battle Cleric?

I'm liking Azathoth. Chaos and Madness domains are handy and fitting. Warhammer isn't a bad choice of weapon, we can two-hand it, weapon dice aren't very important since we have enormous strength and most Cleric buffs provide flat bonuses anyway.

CE is mostly mandatory alignment wise, so we should probably leave channeling by the wayside even moreso than normal. Any suggestions on archetypes too?

At 1st-level we're looking at a probable point buy arrangement of 16/12/14/10/15/11 for final results of 22/10/20/13/20/14, though we could also dunk INT to 10 and DEX to 8 to get 22 WIS.

Fate's Favored is an ironic and mechanically helpful Trait, and our 1st-level Divine Power gives us +2, which is handy and mechanically powerful early on.

We can wander around with a Warhammer in one hand and the other hand free, using the free hand to launch our various nasty debuff spells and domain powers and switching to a two-handed grip for somewhere around 1d8+9+2 damage with our hammer whomps.
>>
>>43556183
Aren't drow supposed to have white hair?
>>
File: 7mdjgRi.jpg (496 KB, 1600x1163) Image search: [Google]
7mdjgRi.jpg
496 KB, 1600x1163
>>43556185
>had
Anon, what happened?
>>
Hey guys, trying to build my ranged Slayer (Crb, apg, acg) so far i've got Improved feint
Combat expertise
Slow Reactions
Gang up
Point Blank
Weapon Focus
Focused Shot
Improved initiative

Suggestions?
>>
>>43556211
Players happened.
>>
>>43556198
Don't beat yourself up over it.
Mots those art is from our character threads and I just trace over them.

>>43556199
Sorry, kinda full with 5 players.

>>43556211
Game world is dynamic and I promised immersive so any decisions the players do affect the entire world somehow.
I'm currently redrawing parts of the map because they instigated a war between two rival kingdoms for profit and I have to adjust the economies of the neighboring kingdoms who would also try to benefit from the conflicts as well as chart migration of refugees, etc.
>>
>>43556187
at least on my end. sorry for not being able to offer input, btw. in addition to being something of a newbie, I haven't had the time or inclination (or funds) to look at the base kineticist. would you care to run us through the rough flow of advancement for your rework?
>>
>>43556233
>I have to adjust the economies of the neighboring kingdoms who would also try to benefit from the conflicts as well as chart migration of refugees, etc.

This is pure autism but I can't help but be jealous as fuck for your players.
>>
>>43556203
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/pyxes-of-redirected-focus

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/icon-of-aspects

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/incense-of-meditation

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/candle-of-invocation

The first two items let you basically access all of your deity's domains rather than being limited to two, although it requires some planning to make work, while the third item just maximizes everything because it's ridiculous, and the 4th lets you access a higher level of spells than you could normally access.

With these items, it doesn't really matter HOW you build your Cleric. Just push button, receive victory.
>>
>>43556252
Its not all fun and games.

Remember when I said economies change?
Its not fun and games when wondrous items are now 15% more expensive in war-torn nations than peaceful ones.

They tried to capitalized on that by employing a merchant vessel to carry goods they can sell at an even higher inflated price like magic weapons and armor.

They totally forgot that war brings parasites and opportunists.
In this case - pirates, and they've hijacked the party's merchant ship.
>>
>>43556284
Pirates are just loot pinatas, mate.
I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>43556252
Mostly in this case a lot of the issues, such as economies, are terribly simulated by Pathfinder's rule set. As well I say if it is something that players either can not or do not wish to interact with you should not do it. Essentially you are only doing it for yourself, which is fine, but won't do much for the players.

The conflict and refugees definitely, the economic change doesn't need actual numbers in my opinions in most regards except beyond some notes.
>>
>>43556238
Well, everything was centered around one simple fact: I hated being tied to a resource to do things most other classes can do for free, and/or without killing themselves. So I needed to rework burn to not be a resource pool that kills you.

Eventually I had to rework elemental overflow as well because it didn't work with the new system, and it had way too much bookkeeping in the first place. So instead I gave the class full BAB to account for the accuracy increase it would give, and increased the static damage slightly for all blasts across the board. Composite blasts aren't always objectively better than normal blasts any more, as they do comparable damage. Instead, I changed gather power so that it gives you the damage you would normally expect from the old composite blasts, and applies to every blast you can use.

After that I had to go through all of the wild talents and infusions to make them work within the context of not being tied to a resource any more, and along the way I tweaked a few of them to be slightly stronger or weaker as I saw fit. Most of the elements are more or less comparable to how they were before, the exception to this is fire which I put a lot of work into to make it less shitty. I gave it physical blasts, made blue flame blast stronger, and gave it ways to pierce through fire resistance easily.
>>
>>43556254
Huh. I knew about the latter two, but not the first two. Pyxes are useful enough and cheap enough that having 9 of them isn't impractical. The Candle, I noticed, doesn't say how long you have to burn the candle for, so expending just one round a day is totally possible - you wouldn't get higher level spells, but you'd get more spell slots. It's not RAI, but the Incense technically works the same way; it doesn't say you have to leave it lit the whole time. Hooray blasting. This guy could even take Spell Focus/Specialization with the 13 INT version for those times when the hammer isn't efficient enough.
>>
>>43556293
>economies, are terribly simulated by Pathfinder's rule set.

I'm using my own rules and crafted an excel spreadsheet to simulate how the fluctuations in the market of one kingdom, results in the changes to other nations.

Its flimsy and poorly crafted, but better than PF's I can assure you.

>Essentially you are only doing it for yourself, which is fine, but won't do much for the players.
This is were factions come in. Some players are so deeply allied with factions that they have to set out to do some good/evil things indirectly or directly involving those refugees.
>>
>>43556340
That's what I'm saying. You're doing work players can interact with, which is good, instead of things they can not, which is just for yourself (which isn't a bad thing).
>>
File: 8450841.jpg (62 KB, 280x372) Image search: [Google]
8450841.jpg
62 KB, 280x372
How do I deal with Ranged touch attacks and Hardness as a sorcerer?

Let's just say the DM actually surprised us, and our current enemies have constructs with at least 10 hardness and ranged touch attacks. And I'm at a loss as to how to help aside from my Wand of web, which gave us cover and entangled them. But I dropped that in our battle against these guys so that's gone. Oh and they captured my zombie minion.

My elemental attacks do half damage before the hardness kicks in. And yeah my touch ac is ass.
I multiclassed into Oracle so I at least have entropic shield now. On top of my sorc spells. I'll just shove them in Create pit with Aqueous orb, but I'll still get shot repeatedly before that ever happens.

TL:DR Laser guns hurt, Robots have Hardness, WAT DO!?
>>
>>43556337
>He can even cast spells normally unavailable to him As if he were of that higher level, but only so long as the candle continues to burn.

It seems to explicitly call out that you can cast higher level spells.
>>
>>43556291
Despite the cliche,
Pirates don't actually hide buried cargo and treasure on a map.
There are multiple shady port towns that are willing to buy off stolen cargo from pirates, while the pirates enjoy safe harbor in their shores.

As for the gold? squandered. The players will only manage a small fortune from those pirates unless they act smart.
>>
>>43556358
What's your spell list?
>>
>>43556361
Right, but not if you snuff the candle immediately.
>>
>>43556363
Wait, are you still seriously using single minted precious metal backed currencies? When you're doing all this fucking work?
>>
>>43556365
Do you want Cantrips or just 1-3
>>
File: Dark-pit.png (158 KB, 369x493) Image search: [Google]
Dark-pit.png
158 KB, 369x493
Smashfinder guy back again. At the moment, I'm trying to have nine deity profiles done soon. So far I'm about halfway done with the following:

>Palutena (LG)
>Tabuu (NE)
>Giygas (CE)
>Master Hand/Crazy Hand (N since they're together)
>Arceus (LN)

And have yet to pick out from the various Nintendo universes:

>CG
>NG
>LE
>CN

Any ideas? Oddly enough, Nintendo games don't seem to have a lot of outright gods - at least not ones I could try porting to PF.

Also, suggestions on Favored Weapons for Clerics of Palutena, Arceus, Tabuu, and Giygas? Obviously, the Hands favor unarmed strikes.
>>
>>43556375
Sadly, yeah. I'm not so autistic to make multiple currencies or other appropriate ledgers of wealth as that would hurt MY head.
>>
>>43556358
Fucking goddamnit, people always do this shit.
HARDNESS ONLY HALVES ENERGY DAMAGE ON OOOOOBJEEEECTS.
CREATURES WITH HARDNESS DO NOT COUNT AS OBJECTS, AND THEREFORE DO NOT BENEFIT FROM THAT RULE.

>Energy attacks deal half damage to most objects. Divide the damage by 2 before applying the object's hardness. Some energy types might be particularly effective against certain objects, subject to GM discretion. For example, fire might do full damage against parchment, cloth, and other objects that burn easily. Sonic might do full damage against glass and crystal objects.
-SRD

>Correct; robots aren't objects and thus take full damage from energy attacks. Their hardness reduces damage done by 10 (or whatever), regardless of if it's energy damage or force damage or slashing/piercing/bludgeoning damage or whatever. That's why it's not DR (which doesn't touch energy damage) or energy resistance (which doesn't touch slashing/bludgeoning/piercing damage).
-James Jacobs

I'm not annoyed with you; it's not your fault, but too many GM's are fucking this up. Iron Gods was not created to be an unwinnable AP. Your GM should know better.

The laser gun problem will probably always persist. Try using Resist Energy keyed to the element you most often encounter (likely Fire). That should help immensely in some situations.
>>
>>43556389
This makes me mad. How much do you know about historic currency systems?
>>
>>43556394
Actually...it Is 100% my fault.
I was the one who reminded him about hardness.
Wups, I was wrong.
>>
>>43556380
Everything. Also how much money you have, your party composition, and if anyone has item creation feats.
>>
>>43556395
Nada. Gimme a pointer and I'll see how much I can learn and incorporate in my next games.
>>
>>43556374
Oh, oh, I see what you mean. See, I'm looking at it from the perspective of lighting it, preparing higher level buff spells, casting them immediately as you begin to enter the area, and then snuffing the candle afterward.
Using a candle to gain early access to something like Bloodsworn Retribution or Frightful Aspect; the sorts of things that can last quite a long time and make a significant difference.
>>
>>43556395
Not that anon, but historic currency was a nightmare on account of how incredibly slow information traveled, so exchange rates were unpredictable. In a highly magical world like what Pathfinder supports, that's less of an issue.
>>
>>43556405
Ok, where to start. First of all, roughly what era of history are you working with, both culturally, technologically, and economically?

How I judge this is, how good are they are glassblowing? How accessible is printing? And how good are they are mechanics (i.e. clockwork/complex mechanisms)?
>>
>>43556406
It takes an hour to prepare spells as a Cleric or similar, though I guess you could technically light it in the last six seconds of your meditation, cast the spells in the next six to eighteen or so, then snuff it. Still a lot of duration that way.
>>
>>43556415
>In a highly magical world like what Pathfinder supports, that's less of an issue.
Sending still costs a lot and likely most mundane money changers won't have access to sending based instantaneous money changing. As well he needs to understand commodity currency, commodity backed currency, and fiat currency plus what separates them.
>>
>>43556421
Post-Renaissance but rapidly transitioning to the Industrial Age after a massive Orc vs Dwarf & Human War.
>>
>>43556433
Sending isn't necessary, Summon Monster a Lantern Archon, hand it a written note and have it Greater Teleport to your pal. That's like, SM II or III.
>>
>>43556427
Oh, I don't even mind letting it burn the whole prep time.
Turn it on at the beginning, get your better spells, let the hour+2 rounds pass by, and then snuff it.
Candle should still be good for two more preparations, maybe three if your GM isn't going to split hairs over a minute.
>>
>>43556447
I'd rather not spend 8k on something that'll only last four days of encounters, usually. At least, not outside the budget i set aside for consumables.
>>
>>43556442
>Post-Renaissance but rapidly transitioning to the Industrial Age after a massive Orc vs Dwarf & Human War.
Ok, you've hit the most complicated point of history for how currency works and is traded.

You're at the point where commodity based currencies were starting to disappear (particularly precious metal minted coinage) and were replaced with bank notes. Currency consolidation was absolutely occurring that time, and at a staggering pace. I actually can't really explain easily, I would have to give a lecture.
>>
>>43556443
Summoned creatures can't use any teleportation abilities. You need to learn the rules a bit better.
>>
>>43556363
>As for the gold? squandered. The players will only manage a small fortune from those pirates unless they act smart.

How do you propose they play "smart"?

sincerely, totally-not-one-of-your-players.
>>
>>43556460
Its fine then. I'll just stick with the typical RPG worldwide monetary currency.
>>
>>43556470
...Huh.

Okay, so a 9th-level Wizard Calls a Lantern Archon via Planar Binding and rents it out to people who want instant messaging. Nothing prevents Called creatures from doing it, frankly.
>>
>>43556477
dispense IRL sexual favors

signed, totally-not-your-GM
>>
>>43556459
Really? 4 days of encounters isn't enough?
For me that's often 4 whole dungeons, 4 whole experience levels, and I tend to find it worth it.
Granted, the Candle is relatively expensive, but hey, Craft Wondrous Item is always out there, and you can wiggle that around to get Candles for cheaper any time you like.

I tend to find that my consumables budget on Clerics is noticeably increased, because I have very little cause to spend money on permanent bonuses when I have access to Greater Magic Weapon, Mystic Vestment, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Mantle, and Ironskin.
A magical weapon, magical armor and shield, ring of protection, cloak of resistance, and necklace of natural armor basically become needless luxury when you could just craft or buy some Scrolls or Wands of these spells.
Granted, it's less reliable, more bookkeeping, and more susceptible to Dispelling, but fuck it, you're a Cleric.
Push button, receive victory.
>>
File: Where da chickens at.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Where da chickens at.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>43556402
Hokay I'll start with the party.

Ranger(halfling) mounted archery focused on a wolf.
Half-Ogre Barbarian, he gets a gore attack when raging, and extra AOO's.
Human Stalker, Einhander focused.
And Me, Sorcerer with 1 level Oracle for Juju mystery (thank Urgoatha for eclectic training)
We are level 6

No item creation feats in the party.
I have a little over 23k GP (DM messed up thinking we'd run from the CR9 dragon, he messed up more thinking we wouldn't take it alive)

Spell list is as follows.
Cantrips are; Create water(trait bonus), Penumbra,Jolt, Detect magic, read magic, Message, Arcane mark, Ghost sound.
1st: Summon monster 1, Repair undead, Burning disarm, Interrogation, Ray of enfeeblement, and Blood money.
2nd:Command undead, Darknesss, Flash-Freeze (frostburn), Create pit.
3rd: Aqueous orb.

Oracle side is as follows
Cantrips: Enhanced diplomacy, Virtue, Mending, Purify food.
1st: Inflict light, Entropic shield, and Clarion Call
>>
>>43556495
Oh, I don't disagree, but my Clerics tend not to rely wholly on buffing, yes because of Dispelling but also because of spell slots; I'd rather have more wiggle room to do more than just make the Fighter develop an inferiority complex each day. Usually the permanent items are things that are harder to break, like armor, but I'll skip the Ring of Protection for sure.
>>
>>43556522
How do you have 3rd level Sorcerer spells with only 5 levels of Sorcerer?
>>
>>43556489
Yes, theoretically this is possible, but that entirely depends on how accessible 9th level spell casters are. As well, that costs a lot by RAW to get someone to cast a spell for you to do that.

Instantaneous information spread is easier in PF, but certainly not for the common man. You need to remember just how different the mundane and magic economies are.
>>
>>43556531

>thank Urgoatha for eclectic training

Eclectic training from being a contributing member of my magical guild. Inner sea magic added bonuses for being a part of guilds and schools. One of them is a +1 ECL to one class for if you ever feel like multiclassing.
>>
>>43556185
Can you explain what Factions are which in your game?
>>
>>43556203
BTW.

Enjoy your wisdom ~drain~ if you're 20 miles away from water.
>>
I just saw on Alchemy Manual a feat to craft oozes
Since the feat it's open to all types of oozes, does that mean one could create his own intelligent slimes (the new one from Bestiary 5, can someone repost the page)?

Also, is there any way for a PC to control a slime, even from third parties?
>>
>>43556383
Mace, bow, or shortsword is a shoe-in for Palutena, or go whole hog and have part of her schtick be making some of the goofy transforming weapons from the game. (Uprising is a great game okay shilling over)
Tabuu I'm thinking axe for some reason, for the broad wingy shapes.
Giygas is an elder evil, do they even have those? Regardless, any spell ACTUALLY that gives me a thought, why don't any deities have rays or touch attacks as favored weapons?
Arceus is clearly spear or natural weapon.
You could always try sneaking the triple goddesses from LoZ in as NG, with Din pulling CG and Nayru pulling LG, for an end result of NG.
There was also the pair of wind deities from Wind Waker, but eh.
I would suggest some PROMOTIONS to deity, like your pic for CN? Domains of Edge, Spite, Mirrors, Chaos, and Magic Stick Sniper Rifles.
>>
>>43556539
>Instantaneous information spread is easier in PF, but certainly not for the common man. You need to remember just how different the mundane and magic economies are.
Eh.
The cost of casting a spell is probably dwarfed by the amount of money that caster will make with near-perfect information. Not to mention, that information is valuable to nearly everyone, and if he owns a bank (which that level of character can afford to do handily), he could simply hire employees to make use of that information. Besides, Planar Binding lasts a minimum of 8 days. The cost of one 5th level spell every 8 days is pretty low.

>>43556553
That is incredibly useful and will help me justify oh so goddamn many builds.
>this just makes Theurges easier
>>
So, lads, any specific way of manipulating the outcome of a confused creature?

Immune to Magical Control (Ex) A bhole is immune to nearly all forms of mind control, including all charm, suggestion, and dominate spells. It is similarly immune to magic jar and possession attempts. Confusion and other mind-affecting effects that don’t allow another creature to directly control a bhole work normally. Rare effects that allow a creature to manipulate the exact effects of confusion on a creature provide one of the few ways to magically control a bhole. Other methods, particularly those tied to strange and powerful artifacts, may work as well.

That one image about a neothelid trying to control two bholes gives me ideas about mocking them with a lesser race outdoing them.
>>
>>43556567
Which is gone when you actually transform. I don't know why.
>>
>>43556579
Don't worry if you get your reputation high enough it goes up to +3 in one class and +1 to another.
>>
>>43556593
Is this information available on the PFSRD?
>>
>>43556584
Enjoy being a horrible monster that everyone is afraid of then.

Most humanoid races look pretty humanoid Deep Ones look like monsters. Pitchforks and torches for you!
>>
Anon who is doing the random Bestiary 5 pages, would it please be possible to get the clockwork familiar page? It would make my players' session next Sunday.
>>
>>43556583
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/seugathi

Get another, smaller worm friend to tell him what to do, and somehow find some way to mentally control that smaller worm?
Seems hard as well, but something like Magic Jar seems to do the trick just fine.
>>
>>43556579
>The cost of casting a spell is probably dwarfed by the amount of money that caster will make with near-perfect information.
I'm not talking about him, he can have that information. The information likely will not trickle to everyone, mundane money changers who do not own a bank and are simply slightly upjumped pawn shops likely wouldn't have it.

Instantaneous information would rely on high level spell casters and money, something most folks wouldn't be able to afford. I'm simply saying by rules 9th level spell casts are supposed to be pretty damn uncommon.
>>
>>43556601

I do not think so, I have yet to see it there.
>>
>>43556603
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/hat-of-disguise

Naturally, not at level 1, so there will be some risky time, but very very affordable.
>>
>>43556579
By rules you can never find 9th level spell casters just around in cities, unless they have special features making more powerful spell casters reside their than normal. 9th level, especially of a particular class, is basically a no go to find it. Put it at like... less than a 100 for the entire continent.
>>
>>43556583
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/WarpriestBlessingDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Madness

Wait nevermind.
>>43556612
Hahaha, nigga the neothelids make those damn things by the bucketful how the fuck have they not figured out they can control bholes with their grunts? Is Paizo just retarded?
>>
>>43556132
Nah, it's not mate
BASED QANON HAS BEEN SHARING IT THOUGH
>>
>>43556635
it's random images or there's a full link?
>>
>>43556633
I didn't think that Neothelids having trouble controlling Bholes was even a trope they gave any thought to.
But yeah, they're retarded.
>>
>>43556576
>Edge Domain

What would that even do?
>>
File: bhole problems.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
bhole problems.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>43556642
He shares tables of contents and takes requests.

>>43556644
See image, yeah.
>>
>>43556627
>>43556614
Not 9th level spells, a 9th level Wizard. Lesser Planar Binding is a 5th-level Wizard spell, and Lantern Archons can be Bound by it easily.

A 9th level Wizard is common enough, and you only need one per major bank in a given city large enough to have a bank in the first place. Since Greater Teleport is at-will for Lantern Archons, they can very easily move information at roughly the same speed as a telegraph (since electrical charges are slow over long distances). It's not today's fiber networking, but it's still a massive improvement over the Pony Express.
>>
>>43556655
>Not 9th level spells, a 9th level Wizard. Lesser Planar Binding is a 5th-level Wizard spell, and Lantern Archons can be Bound by it easily.

As, I misread settlement rules. I thought it it was 9th level spell caster, not 9th level spells for metropolis.

In this instance yes, this would essentially jump you to something approaching telegraph level communication, or slightly beyond.
>>
>>43556647
The domain bonuses:
>You always have armor spikes and a scaling bonus to Stealth from black armor (clerics are ranked in the church by how black their armor is)
>Death Knell a few times a day, but only if it's not personnel
>Heal from negative energy, also heal from positive energy
No idea on spells, but probably just steal Zon-Kuthon's bag.
>>
>>43556670
Telegraphs would be mildly faster over short distances, since you still have to write your letter and give it to the archon and then your friend has to receive it and read it, and the Teleport itself takes a Standard action which is somewheres around 3 seconds.

Trust me, I use this and other things for a guild of magical businesspeople in my games. I've mentioned it here before, I call them the Astral Consortium.
>>
>>43556078
Guy-who's-wanting-to-stat-god-avatars here
I freaking want to stat Aroden as an Annunaki
He didn't perish though, just got bored playing Sims
Convince me this is a terrible idea
>>
Would giving the Rogue and Ninja the ability to take a talent to grab a Swift-Action teleport for like Medium range be overpowered?
>>
>>43556686
How common do you have 9th level wizards though in your games? I never have people above 5th level be something you see outside of the capital, at least not regularly.
>>
>>43556688
Depends a lot on how frequently they can use it and at what level it becomes available.
>>
>>43556677
Heh. I might consider it if I run out of other options. Also, good idea on the Zelda goddesses. They even come prepackaged with a holy symbol (the Triforce).

As for Giygas and having rays or Touch spells as his Favored Weapon, that's interesting - but I'm not sure it works with the Favored Weapon mechanic the Cleric has (which is probably why no other deities have that).
>>
>>43556687
Meh. Make a weeaboo rogue annunaki whose goal is to spread the vile corruption of catgirls and catgirl-analogues across space.
>>
>>43556746
But Catfolk are already on Golarion, he's already won!
>>
Would Hidden Blade Rogue getting full-access to only Veiled Moon and Steel Serpent actually break anything? As-in it doesn't get any other disciplines, but it gets normal progression for those two, with possibly a third from the other disciplines it can usually pick from.
>>
>>43556704
They're uncommon compared to the average person, but I run a fairly high magic world, because I like weird, fantastic games.

1 in 10 people is a spellcaster.
1 in 100 people can cast 2nd level spells.
1 in 1000 can cast 3rd level spells.
1 in 10000 can cast 4th level spells.
1 in 100000 can cast 5th level spells.
And so forth.

This is just for the mundane, humanoid races. Extraplanar and Monstrous races don't follow this at all. Do note, my cities go above and beyond what the Settlements rules impose. There are cities the size of modern NYC - only a couple, and only one on the Material plane at all. The humanoid one is a LN police state dystopia with Soylent machines (At-will Create Food and Drink items) and intelligent, free-willed magic-immune Construct gestapo to keep the peace. And yes, the Gestapobots are CR 20, and can Mage's Disjunction three times a day each at CL 20. They really don't fuck around there.
>>
Me and my roomate are trying to get into pen and paper RPGs, is Pathfinder a decent starting point?
>>
>>43556796
If you want dungeon crawls, high fantasy, and lots of math? Yes. Otherwise, probably not.

Seriously there's a lot of math.
>>
>>43556806
Well math isn't really a problem, so we should be fine
>>
>>43556564
I'll drop a quick rundown:
The Notes - Artisans and Craftsmen. Allying with them usually involves defending the rights of freedom of artistic expression.

The Wheel - The Merchants and Mariners. Allying with them usually has to do with defending their businesses from scammers, bandits and saboteurs

The Silver Sword - A Paladin Order. Enough said.

The Crown - Basically, a group of nobles who serve the royal family yet totally reminiscent of the UN: Talk big but hold very little authority. They do believe in Noblesse Oblige though which is nice.

The Crescent - The Night Hunters. People who do the dirty jobs of the church.

The Librarian - The Lorekeepers. Their role is preserving knowledge and propagating knowledge.

The Ravens - Wizard Order. They collect and store away dangerous magical relics and artifacts.

The Black Sword - The Anti-Paladin Order.

The Hunter's Mark - Bounty Hunters who hunt and capture wanted individuals

The Exiles - Lesser Races like the Drows, Orcs, Goblins, Kobolds, etc. Basically, a Malcolm-X kind of racial acceptance brigade.

The Divine - Cleric and Oracle order. Here you uphold and spread the word of god.

The Vortex - Anarchists, Revolutionaries and Anti-Establishment Activists.

The Scales - Justicars and Peace Keepers. Upholders of the Law.

The Daggers - Rogue Guild.

The Adversary - The EVIL Cleric and Oracle order.

The Death Mark - also known as the Katar and Bagnhak. An Assassin Guild.

The Bull - Cut-throats, Pirates, Barbarians, Oathbreakers, etc. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

The Sun Temple - I take that back. These guys are Aztec-inspired Druids who regularly perform human sacrifices.

The Sword and Shield - Mercenary Guild. Bunch of guys swinging swords and spears at each other and where you will find sellswords.

The Arrow - Hunter and Druid guild. They hunt down or tame wild and dangerous beasts in the wilderness to keep the civilized areas safe.
>>
>>43556648
Does he pop up at particular times, or does he just look at requests in the threads?
>>
File: Page 057.jpg (910 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 057.jpg
910 KB, 1256x1631
>>43556611
SORRY I'M LATE I HAD A VERY IMPORTANT DATE

>>43556849
THE WAYS OF QANON ARE A MYSTERY, EVEN TO QANON.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR WORK SCHEDULE SIMPLY READS "ON-CALL" EVERY GODDAMN DAY.

WERE YOU AFTER SOME SHIT IN PARTICULAR?
>>
I feel like people often underestimate how many actual leveled characters there are just walking about.
I don't quite understand this concept of PC's being one in a million.
The Settlement charts are pretty clear:
For every 25,001 people, there is at least one 15th or 16th level character of each class that exists. Even if you say there's only one of each, that's nearly 50 people for every 25,000, or 1 in 500.
It's not quite that good, probably more like 1 in 550-600 or some shit, I don't feel like really cranking out the math, but it's not a crazy number.
And with each level down that you go, the number of individuals at that stage increases significantly.
>a large city like Korvosa includes 3 12th-level clerics, 6 6th-level clerics, 12 3rd-level clerics, and 24 1st-level clerics...including the average of 24 paladins...disorganized numbers of rangers, druids, and visiting NPCs with access to healing magic...

If there are 3 12th level, 6 6th level, 12 3rd, and 24 1st of EVERY class, that's a fucking lot of leveled folk with abilities all their own.
Guard officers walk around at level 4, hired professional bodyguards sit at 7. A Captain of the Watch is level 13! The same sits true for Aristocrats, Experts, or whatever else.
If we use those weird Cleric numbers and apply them to all classes, a town of Korvosa's size, which is LESS than 25,0001, rolling in at 18,486, we can expect something like 750-800 people who are between levels 6 and 12.
Granted, level 6 people aren't exactly superheroes, but fucking e6 is based solely on the idea that 6 is the highest a man can achieve, and that almost nobody is that great, and people seem to cling to this idea that 4th, 5th, or 6th level spells are some crazy lofty ideal, but that shit's happening all the time. There's 1 out of every 25 people who's just flinging Color Sprays around or who can kill a bear with their sword and shield or some shit.
>>
>>43556890
you cn’t see it. but im flipping you off. i am flipping you off with both my hands. im typing this with my middle finger. i am flipping you off right now. flipping you off so hard right now. you can’t see it, which is a true pity, but take my word for it. i am. i am flipping you off right now. because you can’t see it, let me describe it for you. my pinkie and ring fingers are folded down on both hands, a little past the second crease in my hands. my middle fingers are extended. they’re pointing to the sky. then my thumbs are crossed over my index fingers, also folded down on my hands, but to the freckle on my left hand. my thumb nail on my left hand has a black triangle on it. now, i’m waving my both my hands vigorously, still flipping you off.
>>
>>43556741
Little obscure again, but you could also steal Dyntos from Uprising. Technically the guy that makes all the cool weapons,
Agrees to help for whimsical reasons, runs you through more trials than promised because you annoyed him, and generally acts CG or CN.
An interesting take, actually: a smith god that's CN because he just makes and hands out the weapons, and doesn't care about what happens next.
Viridi, the slightly-genocidal goddess of nature, would be another good steal.
>>
>>43556890
Hey QANON can you post the thing with weapon tricks on it? I wanna know if there's anything new or if it's still a waste of a feat.
>>
Planning a Cave Druid build
Are there races/traits/domains which grant me a Slam attack by level 1?
>>
>>43556901
E6 is based on a scale that's, at least nominally, keyed to real life; the most exceptional actual humans are probably around level 6.

Various settings have various degrees of exceptionalism. Personally, I prefer games where the PCs are the biggest damn heroes, and there's maybe a dozen people at/above their level in the world. Other people prefer games where heroes are a dime a dozen. It's just preference, and nothing is written in stone (I mean, except in premade settings, where it often is)
>>
File: Pages 08-09.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 08-09.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43556912
NICE MEME BRO

>>43556901
QANON LIKES GAMES WHERE LEVEL 6 IS ONE IN TEN THOUSAND, AND SCALES FROM THERE. BIG DICK HEROES GONNA BIG DICK.

>>43556920
I THINK THERE'S SOME NEW SHIT, YEAH.
>>
File: Pages 20-21.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 20-21.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43556953
ONE IN A HUNDRED THOUSAND*

QANON'S HAD A LONG FUCKING DAY.
>>
>>43556934
Okay, that's all fair, but I feel like I hear people saying stuff like >>43556767 where
>I run a fairly high magic world
>1 in 10000 can cast 4th level spells

and I look at that and think, "Holy fuck, that's insanely LOW magic compared to the default setting."

Maybe I'm off base by assuming people are comparing to the Golarion setting instead of more traditional stuff like Hyborea or Tolkien, but that's not the only time I've heard statements like that, and I find it a bit of a pet peeve especially when it's my PCs who are stuck in that way of thinking.
>>
>>43556916
I was initially going to have Viridi as the CN for the set, but I figured I'd want only one from each series besides Smash itself. That might not be possible, though, so these are definitely options. And that would make two in the set with the Hatred subdomain.
>>
>>43556966
It's probably just a matter of, everyone read "Calibrating your Expectations" and their expectations were, well, calibrated. I like the Planescape setting for that, because the Primes can be your near-"realistic" world, and then once you've ascended to the planes, everyone and their dog has at least a half-dozen PC levels.
>>
File: Page 174.jpg (948 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 174.jpg
948 KB, 1256x1631
>>43556997
IS THIS THEIR DOG?
>>
>>43556953
>When you use Cleave, you can add the additional damage from Vital Strike blahblahblah

All right, Paizo, explain yourselves.
This was not what we agreed upon.
>>
>>43556971
Well...
>No gods in Mario, unless you want to promote Bowser or Rosalina
>No gods in starfox unless you count the Krazoa (please don't)
>No gods in Metroid
>The ones from Fire Emblem?
Kind of a limited selection.
Eh, I'd say vengeance more than hatred.
>>
>>43556890
Appreciate you responding to me, QANON, but you actually posted the page I would've asked for. Thank you for this and all the other pages you've done so far!!
>>
>>43557006
HAHA SARUMAN DOG HOLY SHIT WHAT TH
>Greater Invisibility
>Sneak Attack+6d6
Holy shit, everyone shut up.
>>
>>43556971
Punch-Out takes place in real life. Use Jehovah for Lawful Evil
>>
DON'T FORGET BIONIS AND MECHONIS FROM XENOBLADE AND ALSO FUCKING SHULK HIMSELF???
>>
>>43556746
I want to see what that guy has in store, but on the caveat he actually does some work and not laze about
>>
>>43557006
Goddamn that art is fucking terrifying
>>
>>43557050
Shut up about what?
>>
>>43557096
"Aww, who's a good boy? Whooo's a good boy!"

"FOOLISH MORTAL, YOUR CEASELESS QUESTIONS WEARY ME. IT IS, OF COURSE, I WHO AM THE GOOD BOY."
>>
>>43557006
QANON, is there any husbando material on the bestiary 5? Other than the obese cr19, i mean.
>>
File: Page 116.jpg (939 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 116.jpg
939 KB, 1256x1631
>>43557126
WHAT'S YOUR HASUBANDO STYLE? THERE'S ONE OR TWO LOOKERS IN THERE FOR EVERYONE
>>
File: Pages 008-009.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 008-009.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
WE'VE GOT THE AEON OF GAINS AND LOSSES IF ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS THE PECS
>>
>>43557062
I'd rather not get fedora memes spammed at me.

>>43557037
>Vengeance

Good point.

>No gods in Mario
Well, maybe Dimentio could work?
>>
File: Pages 022-023.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 022-023.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
PRETTY SURE AT LEAST ONE OF THESE IS A DUDE
>>
File: Pages 038-039.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 038-039.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
HAVE SOME FLOWING LOCKS
>>
>>43557154
Someone mentioned Xenoblade's Bionis and Mechonis upthread, they're gods, among about five more in the game.
>>
>>43557162
>>43557169
>all of these Good outsiders know Infernal

But why?
>>
>>43557169
>>43557162
>>43557151
>>43557142
Aaah, wonderful. Time to specialize in Planar Ally.
>>
>>43557182
Gotta talk shit while evil gets hit.
>>
>>43557173
Oh, sweet. Is Mechonis CN or CE, though?
>>
File: Pages 162-163.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 162-163.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
MOST OF THESE MANASTREAM FUCKERS ARE PRETTY GOOD LOOKING
>>
>>43556765
Anyone?
>>
File: Pages 166-167.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 166-167.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>43557193
>>
File: Page 233.jpg (953 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 233.jpg
953 KB, 1256x1631
REPRINT, BUT I THINK THE ART IS NEW?
>>
So is there a dl link for bestiary 5 somewhere I missed?
>>
>>43557114
"THIS PLEASES AND ANONS ME

PAT MY HEAD!"
>>
File: Pages 246-247.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 246-247.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
SOME KIND OF ATLAS SHIT GOIN ON HERE

>>43557228
COME THE FUCK ON BRO WE JUST HAD THIS TALK

NO THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD LINK.
>>
>>43557228
Based QANON has been kind enough to share it with us

Just have patience and be sure to buy a copy
>>
File: Pages 254-255.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 254-255.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
MAYBE YOU'RE INTO SPOOKY GHOST IMAGINARIUM HASUBANDO? QANON DOES NOT JUDGE.
>>
>>43557236
>Akashic
>Pathfinder already has akashic stuff from DSP
Alright seriously you fucking kikes, stop playing. Isn't there supposed to be some agreement between the companies to not purposely be kikes?
>>
File: Pages 264-265.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 264-265.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
OR MAYBE YOU'RE INTO BISHIE HASUBANDO, I KNOW I WOULD BE
>>
How many monsters make use of mythic rules?

Also, solars goddamn deserve mythic status, each one of them
>>
Pathfinder's had an Akashic Record for a long time. It's a common mythology reference, basically a book/library with all things ever written in it. Little to do with the Akashic magic system.
>>
File: Pages 268-269.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 268-269.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
PERHAPS THE STRONG SILENT TYPE WHO IS ALSO A FUCKING BIRD MAYBE
>>
>>43557268
WHAT A BASED MOTHERFUCKING
>>
File: Pages 034-035.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 034-035.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
NOT SURE IF HASUBANDO BUT HONESTLY THE GATE ARCHON JUST LOOKS GODDAMN COOL SO YOU BUCKO MCFUCKOS CAN JUST TAKE THIS. TAKE IT AND LIKE IT.
>>
File: Page 037.jpg (946 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 037.jpg
946 KB, 1256x1631
I'M OUT OF DUDES AT THIS POINT THIS IS BASICALLY THE LAST ONE AND HE BARELY COUNTS AND IS JUST A BAD DSP RIPOFF.
>>
>>43557288
>information too evil or dangerous to be allowed to exist

Oh, people always go on about things man was not meant to know, but how can we fight these evils if we don't know about them?

Nice job breaking it, archons.
>>
File: Page 077.jpg (910 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 077.jpg
910 KB, 1256x1631
HAVE A SWEET HELLBOT TOO
>>
File: 1333520149749.gif (100 KB, 195x244) Image search: [Google]
1333520149749.gif
100 KB, 195x244
>>43557294
Thank you very much QANON, now i have a good list of planar allies i'll be calling for lewd judgement!

And the Astomois are fucking weird.
>>
Enough buff dudes, bring out some non-euclidean beauties
or gundams
>>
>>43557313
This dude it's a fucking Khornate Dreadnought
and I love it
>>
>>43557319
>>43557313
>>
>>43557288
These can't be good-aligned monsters, they look scary as all fuck

>>43557313
Hahaha, the art for this looks fucking amazing, but it's reminding me of a Transformer
>>
File: Pages 206-207.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 206-207.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>43557319
WHAT DO WE SAY?
>>
File: ascension.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
ascension.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>43557313
>that Absorb Good Magic ability

IT'S BECOME INVINCIBLE
>>
>>43557313

Are there ever angelic bots? I can't recall ever seeing one.
>>
File: Pages 208-209.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 208-209.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>43557329
>>
File: Page 274.jpg (1016 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 274.jpg
1016 KB, 1256x1631
>>43557332
NOT A GODDAMN CLUE, I'LL TAKE A PEEK. FOR NOW, DEMON ROBOWASP.
>>
File: Page 052.jpg (1021 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 052.jpg
1021 KB, 1256x1631
NOT AN ANGEL BOT NO BUT THERE'S THIS BRO?
>>
>>43557365
>trusted by gods
>cr1
>>
>>43557288
When do we get our "BE NOT AFRAID" angels?
>>
>>43557345
>>43557313
>These guys + the retriever
Who the fuck in the Abyss is in charge of creating these walking metal album covers?
I want to brofist him and sacrifice to him cute waifus souls
>>
File: Page 059.jpg (921 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 059.jpg
921 KB, 1256x1631
OR THE TIME A HAUNTED HOUSE GOT BORED AND WANDERED OFF
>>
>>43557385
It's a goddamn Judas Priest album cover in here.
>>
>>43557365
>BEEP BOOP PRAISE [deity name here]!
>they literally die if they ever doubt their god
>gods who favor paladins now have literal smitebots
>>
File: Page 075.jpg (1012 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 075.jpg
1012 KB, 1256x1631
>>43557423
AND HERE'S ONE OF THE BAND MEMBERS!
>>
>>43557423
All monsters should be judged on how sweet a metal album cover they would make. The scale will go from 1 to Painkiller.
>>
File: Pages 104-105.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 104-105.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
HERE WE SEE THE PURPLE-FLUTED "CLUMP OF BRAINS WITH A MAGIC EYEBALL" IN ITS NATIVE HABITAT. CAREFUL, THEY'RE FLIGHTY BUGGERS!
>>
File: Page 115.jpg (954 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 115.jpg
954 KB, 1256x1631
GET FEXT.
>>
File: Pages 126-127.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 126-127.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>
File: Page 161.jpg (924 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 161.jpg
924 KB, 1256x1631
WOO THREE-HEADED SHARKTOPUS
>>
File: Page 160.jpg (946 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 160.jpg
946 KB, 1256x1631
THIS FEELS LIKE A HIPPIE TATTOO I FUCKIN LOVE IT
>>
Why are so many monsters in Bestiary 5 mythic?
Were the Great Old Ones mythic?
>>
File: Page 235.jpg (916 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 235.jpg
916 KB, 1256x1631
THIS BITCH CAN /SMELL CHILDREN/

#NOTALLHAGS
>>
File: Page 239.jpg (972 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
Page 239.jpg
972 KB, 1256x1631
YEP. THAT IS THE MOST ACCURATE, UNEMBELLISHED DESCRIPTION OF A MONSTER I'VE SEEN IN A COON'S AGE.
>>
>>43557474
"Why? Because fuck you, that's why"
>>
File: Pages 244-245.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 244-245.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
MOTHERFUCKING BEE GIRLS! SOME ASSHOLE'S BEEN PLAYING COC.
>>
>>43557466
This looks so fucking metal
>>
File: Pages 252-253.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 252-253.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
ALRIGHT QANON'S GOTTA GET TO BED SOON, PROBABLY A LONG DAY OF BULLSHIT AHEAD OF ME. SAVE UP YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS AND MAYBE TOMORROW QANON CAN MAKE THEM COME TRUE BUT PROBABLY FUCKING NOT BECAUSE THIS IS PAIZO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE
>>
Why do the good-aligned outsiders always have retard Int?
>>
>>43557532
Now you see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb.
>>
>>43557529
Off to Valhalla wit' chu
>>
>>43556358
>>43556522
No one actually finished responding to me, am I just screwed? Aside from what >>43556394 this anon said which is resist fire and don't be dumb about rules?
>>
>>43557517
>COC
>not Darkstalkers
DO YOU EVEN Q-BEE?
>>
Are there any Style feats that let me split my Flurry of Blows or Brawler's Flurry into a spin attack to hit everything within 5 feet of myself?
>>
>>43557603
Darkstalkers only lets you fight beegirls, CoC lets you fuck them.
>>
Not even the Great Old Ones are mythic, Paizo what are you doing?
>>
Why do you play Pathfinder?
>>
>>43557494
Because high level mythic monsters often have abilities that make them excellent even against non-mythic characters as boss monsters.
>>
Reminder to buy Bestiary 5 it's that good
>>
>>43557687
Because for what I want, there isn't actually anything else that does it well enough without somehow managing to actually have worse problems than Pathfinder. I've been in this system for about ten years, I know how it works, I know the flaws, I know the ways it breaks, and I can avoid them. I can easily understand the new content for it, and if it doesn't work properly, I can fix it well enough that me and my group are happy with it.

With another system, I don't have that. I don't have that understanding, I don't know how to put together the things I can in this, and the community isn't nearly as large.

That last one is big. Without a community, there isn't 3pp. There isn't DSP. There isn't Drop Dead Studios. There isn't you guys.
>>
>>43556633
>>43556644

Who says they didn't?

Why does Paizo have to write your BBEG for you all the time?
>>
So what is the most rapey monster in Pathfinder?
>>
>>43557687
Basically what >>43557726 said

Stuff like fantasy craft produces content once a year at best, hell 5e is basically trying a two book a year release schedule for some fucking reason. As a DM i don't want to have to homebrew or fiat everything because it is a lot of work and as a player i don't want to have to do it because the DM probably won't approve.

Even with GURPS I've found real shortcomings in what content is available, like the fact the current edition still has no vehicles book.
>>
>>43557759
It's almost like you haven't seen the Drakainia.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flesh-to-ooze

What an interesting spell
I guess one could use it to make intelligent oozes
>>
>>43557687
Because it's the only system that everyone in my group knows at all.

We've got one guy who knows GURPS, two who have played CoC, I've got some experience with FATE, but Pathfinder is the unifying thread, the one we ALL know.

Also I'm the only one willing to GM for other systems, and one of the only three people willing to GM anything at all. Help.
>>
>>43557726
>waits for accusations of brain damage and battered wife syndrome to start
>>
>>43557901
Nope, I know full well this system is a trashheap.

But it's a trashheap that I know how to find the good parts, and there isn't a legitimately better option out there that I've ever tried, or that has enough players to make it worth it, or that I can convince my group to do.
>>
is it wrong to find the aghash div hot
>>
>>43557950
Anon, some people find drow hot. Around here, it's never wrong to find anything hot.
>>
>>43556767
>Only 1 in 10 people are spellcasters.
>Not having Cantrips be a part of basic education.

Pretty low magic, bruh. The setting I run, most everyone can at least cast 5 0th level spells per day, and your average professional wizard can do 3rd levels easy, and anyone with 9 ranks in Spellcraft can ritual cast 9th level spells (though that's rare, as only 1 in 10000 have the potential to hit 9th level), at least the ones that exist in setting.

Which discludes shit like Gate and Teleport Circle, but includes True Resurrection. With Resurrection insurance totally being a thing, as one gp is roughly equal in value in setting to one modern British Pound.
>>
Is there any reason that a Kintecist couldn't take the Overwhelming Soul archetype or whatever it was called, and then become undead, gaining immunity to negative levels, and throwing out burn entirely?
>>
>>43557517
Dude. Thriae have been in the game since Bestiary 3.

Although more of them makes me happy.
>>
>>43558037
Although Thriae dancers apparently showed up in Adventure Path #81, so this is just a reprint of them.
>>
Does anyone think that Elemental Channel or Alignment Channel are feats worth taking for a cleric with Cha 16? I'm not sure how often they'd be used.
>>
>>43558094
You're a cleric, do whatever you want, man. You've already won.
>>
>>43558105
You say that, but I have 12s in everything but Wis 18 and Cha 16 and am not that competent in actual combat aside from spells. That said, I'm a Wind/Storms cleric and get Wind Wall early plus some nice level-1 domain powers... as long as I don't ever have to actually hit anything with my weapons I guess it's all cool.
>>
>>43557835
>Saving throw: Fortitude negates, Will partial (See text)
>Text does not mention any will saving throw

???
>>
>>43558212
>>43557835
Saves are generally based off Spell level + Casting stat + 10.

Thus it's a DC 16+(insert your stat here) Fortitude save vs being transformed. And a DC 16+(Stat) Will save vs having your abilities and spellcasting also switched.
>>
How the fuck, in the entirety of 3.5, PF, and all 3pp content that even remotely shows up on Google, is there not actually a decent fucking Ooze-controlling character?

Like, how the fucking shit did that happen? How did we get like six different ways to MAKE the fucking things, but no way to actually CONTROL them?
>>
File: 1444954648449.png (341 KB, 582x900) Image search: [Google]
1444954648449.png
341 KB, 582x900
http://kindofonfire.weebly.com/original-pathfinder-content/meet-the-sage

How good would /pfg/ say this class is by tier 2 standards, compared to the oracle, the sorcerer, and the psychic?

Is it near the lower end or the higher end of tier 2?
>>
>>43558457
DSP's Gravity Slime Master is a prestige class that has a pet Gravity Slime (a type of ooze). It's in our steelforge playtest doc.
>>
>>43558495
Yes, it does. But that's not really what people are looking for, specifically.

People want to make use of the several different ways that you can create oozes, to actually DO something with them.

But the only ways to do that are Awaken Ooze, a fucking EIGHTH LEVEL spell from Dragon 304, and kinda-sorta this feat:

Initiate of Ghaunadaur
( Champions of Ruin, p. 23)

[Initiate]

You have learned the dread secrets of the god of oozes, slimes, jellies, and outcasts.
Prerequisite

Cleric level 3rd, patron deity Ghaunadaur,
Benefit

You can command or rebuke oozes as an evil cleric commands or rebukes undead. You can use this supernatural ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Cha modifier.

In addition, you add the following spells to your cleric spell list.
Level Spell Description
1st Corrosive Grasp 1 touch/level deals 1d6+1 acid damage.
2nd Blindsight Grants blindsight out to 30 ft.
3rd Amorphous Form Subject becomes puddinglike and can slip through cracks quickly.
5th Slime Hurl Hurl up to three globs of green slime.
7th Mantle of the Slime Lord Nonintelligent oozes do not attack you, and you gain some ooze immunities.
>>
>>43558511
>ooze immunities
Ooze-munities! I like this spell. I don't really care about what it does, I just like the way that sounds.
>>
>>43558538
>Mantle of the Slime Lord
http://dndtools.pw/spells/champions-of-ruin--27/mantle-of-the-slime-lord--264/
>>
>>43557529
Haha Kasa-obake! Finally!
>>
Would giving a Rogue access to full 1-9 Veiled Moon and Steel Serpent actually make it too strong, if they aren't doing TWF?
>>
>>43558630
No, it wouldn't make them too strong.
>>
>>43558630
no, they wouldnt
that is two disciplines
on a shitty chassis
it makes them better, thats about it
>>
>>43558668
Then why does Hidden Blade Rogue trade out half the rogue talents to get access to maybe 4 disciplines at 1-6?
>>
>>43558704
because
you cant just give previous base classes full initating
if anything, it would seem rude and stepping on paizos gross bloated toes
>>
>>43558741
Alright, but as an unofficial thing, would just adding access to, say, Steel Serpent, Veiled Moon, and a choice of Mithral Current/Thrashing Dragon/Tempest Gale to the Rogue, possibly without even trading away the talents, actually fuck things up that badly?

Same applies to the Ninja.

They're both about two of the weakest classes in the game, and it seems like it'd help shore-up some of the issues.
>>
File: 1435240428700.jpg (828 KB, 1350x940) Image search: [Google]
1435240428700.jpg
828 KB, 1350x940
Anon's please help me. I'm one of those faggots who has a hundred character ideas, then just before he plays a campaign sees somehting new and has to make a hundred and first.

I want to play a Reptoid or an Astomoi (leaning towards Astomoi, i love the idea, even if the implementation is imperfect) But I'm not sure how to best use them!
The Astamoi has intellect and wisdom bonus, a strange combination by any account. A Mystic Theurge and a Psychic were all i could find that use both.

What should i play to maximize my esoteric telepathic mindmastery shenanigans? 3pp Allowed and i have much experience with DSP, but nearly every time i play DSP i play a Psion, so im unwilling to do a Psion unless its fun (read: gimmick) build like Psion Uncarnate.
>>43557294
Astomoi are actually i think much, much cooler than Elans if that's what you are comparing them to. They are everything an Elan SHOULD have been. Mechanically the Elan has a lot of better design (no "drains food" bullshit) but fluffwise I'd pick this over Elan every time.

No offense DSP guys, you guys still have excellent Duergar, especially since they can coexist with regular Duergar really easily in a setting.
>>
>>43558779
Play that image. Maximum crafting wizard with utility buff spells. Grab a feat to re-image your spells as throwing cosmic hammers.
>>
>>43558773
They trade out more shit than they need to because DSP wants to keep the feeling. That is to say, Paizo gonna do Paizo, so DSP wants their shit to be their shit. You can totally houserule things in your favor here - they were intentionally left underhanded.
>>
>>43558773
At that point why not just play a Stalker?
Especially for the Ninja. The Stalker already has ki powers.

The reason you don't do that is that with sneak attack + maneuvers damage can get pretty stupid in some ways, especially when you consider the huge number of ways to make a target flat-footed with disciplines in POW. There's a reason the stalker's deadly strike doesn't have sneak attack progression.

But if you aren't worried about them outshining the rest of the party in damage (for instance if the player is braindead or if the rest of the party is very optimized) then it should be okay.
>>
>>43558800
Because I'm trying to accomplish a particular idea here, and PoW appears to be the best way to fix up the class to get it to accomplish what I'm looking for.

As for the damage issues, it's a 2h-based Dex build, so I'm not exploiting any TWF damage-stacking, just trying to make a kinda not-great build hopefully good
>>
>>43558790
But anon... i already have a crafting wizard with abjuration as a specialization in another campaign.

I wanted to be a fancy mind guy using illusions and enchantment or ascending the flesh or something like that. Hence "esoteric telepathic mindmastery shenanigans".
>>
>>43557517

Don't Thriae kidnap, enthrall and eventually kill men they use as breeding studs?

Why aren't they evil?
>>
>>43558704
When I started writing the archetypes for non-initiating classes, I was given a rule:

> No archetypes can get maneuvers above 6th level natively.

The reasons for this are twofold:
1. To protect the identity of DSP's own base classes
2. Because paizo martials frankly don't have enough stuff to trade out to make a full 9th level initiating progression an even trade. The archetype will always be [class]+. They're still [class]+ in a lot of cases even with only their own limited maneuver progressions.

When writing an archetype, the goal is to have the archetype be more or less on the same power level as the base class. Moving too far up or down the power scale is a no-no. That doesn't really work for the kind of archetypes presented in PoW, so we did the best we could to limit them. You can still get 9ths without houseruling through the Advanced Study feat and taking prestige classes (you're welcome). But as far as that houserule goes? You're not going to break anything. I've used it myself without any real issue.
>>
File: 1446535878389.png (160 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
1446535878389.png
160 KB, 1305x892
>>43558861
because they dont kil womyn
duh you misogynist scum
>>
>>43558880
Alright. Thanks, man.
>>
>>43557268
A-a-artorius?
>>
>>43558830
I'm not sure if you'll break the damage with a 2h build.
It kinda depends what maneuvers you use.
But basically if it becomes an issue, tone yourself down, use different maneuvers etc.

Like i said, one way this wont cause issues is if the player doesnt break it, so if you trust yourself then even if the houserule is broken, you can play to its weaknesses and be fine.
>>
After a few homebrews campaigns, my group is about to start Rise of the Runelords, and I'm going to play a witch.

Am I in for a bad time or what?
>>
>>43558913
Primary objective is to get poison-like stuff without having to spend absolute assloads of gold to do a shitty concept, and to fix up the mobility issue and give a more regular option to get sneak attack. That, and to emulate the mythic Trickster Path ability Slayer's Cyclone eventually, using that one 8th level maneuver.
>>
What are some interesting "face" builds that aren't the usual bard-sorcerer-oracle-ect? Would like to deal damage as well.
>>
>>43558969
Well, I once pulled the "Face" role as a Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger, but Fractured Mind Spiritualist also works.

There's quite a few Archetypes that make CHA one of your main resources, allowing even the least likely of classes to act as a wheeler-dealer, a charmer, a diplomat!
>>
>>43558969
Eldritch Scion Magus
Bloodrager
>>
>>43558905

>Black armor
>Bird motif
>Sows discord and strife wherever it goes
>Has a huge fucking weapon
>Isn't actually human

That's not Artorias, that's Raime, a character that literally has the raven as his animal.
>>
>>43558969
Paladin, motherfucker
Do you even VOICE OF JUSTICE AND FRIENDSHIP
>>
>>43558987
>>43559011
Thanks guys!
>>
>>43558969
Mesmerists are a new class built to be a face and they make the people they are staring at take more damage. There's an archetype for them that makes them masters of feinting, it probably wont do great damage but I'm sure it can do some nice stuff.

A Paladin or Anti-Paladin uses CHA, so can be a pretty good face and they definitely bring the damage.

If you are allowed DSP content, obvious choices include the Warlord (CHA, Golden Lion access) the Wilder (Cha based, though you probably wont want to spend your powers on talky ones) the Dread (Cha based, also very spooky, if you feel intimidation will net you more than diplomacy, a very strong choice) and there are presumably archetypes of various sorts.

Rite Publishing's Dragon (taninim) and Fae (First Folk) classes also make excellent faces, especially if you take the abilities that let them shapeshift into humanoids. In Human form they can be a regular face, but their natural form might get you more traction from a fluff perspective with monsters and other inhuman beasts.
>>
>>43558969
Paladin.... or I guess that's also a usual face?

Do you mean not-CHA based face? Student of philosophy lets you get by with INT IIRC.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.