[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Iron and Hate Quest: Gold and Glory.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 11
File: Pentos.jpg (52 KB, 640x322) Image search: [Google]
Pentos.jpg
52 KB, 640x322
The afternoon sun is hot on your shoulders, as you idly pick at a plate of snap-peppers, dragon's-tongue root, and bitterstalk, trying to rein in your impatience as Doma Toceri 'charmed' another potential client, some slip of a girl, rich now that her father died. Apparently it's considered charming in Pentos to talk about how great YOU are.

Two months. Your lord had sent you here to win him honor, fame, and most of all, gold, and you had won him nothing. Your men were idle, your thoughts dark, and the only person who seemed to be happy was that fat fucking merchant.

You run your hands in frustration through your hair, momentarily shocked again by how short it was cut. The Pentoshi sun was fierce compared to the cool heights of the Vale, and you had cut your shining locks a few days ago to lessen the sweat dripping in your eyes.

You are Finnel "Finn" Leoric, First Head of the Great Company of the Valemen, sworn to the service of Lord William Bordain, and you are starting to become very frustrated.
>>
>>43552315
Some frequently asked questions
>What is this?
A quest is a communal Roleplaying Game. Halfway between a choose-your-own-adventure story, and a more traditional RPG, where you and other posters will decide the actions and responses of a Main Character.

>How do I contribute?
Posts will provide you with options to vote for, as well as occasionally asking for rolls. Rolls are determined from the best of the first 3 rolls submitted after the post.

>What's the story?
This particular quest is part of an Ongoing Storyline, taking place in an alternate version of the Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) universe, some 13 years before the events of the first book. This quest is not as firmly connected, so you can start here, or you can look up "Song of Iron and Hate" in Sup/tg/ or Foolz to learn the full backstory.
>>
>>43552315
HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!
I had better make some coffee...
>>
>>43552451
Don't know if I'll be able to stay awake for the entire run so just wanna say thanks ahead of time.
>>
>>43552526
>>43552579

Between class in the morning and I&H revival, I know what my priorities are
>>
File: Metal Gear.png (259 KB, 454x798) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear.png
259 KB, 454x798
>>43552451
My body is ready!
>>
>>43552315
You turn your eyes to Doma again. In your head, you'd started to think of him as "The Eggman". He was all ovals, this fat merchant. From the arc of his bald head and round face, to the squat rolls of his limbs, it was clear he had never worked a full day's labor in his life. His beard was forked and pointed in the style of the Pentoshi, and he was looming over a girl that had to weigh less than a third of his ponderous bulk.

The girl had come to Doma because she had heard he had some mercenaries to sell, and she was in want of a bodyguard. Whoever had told her had neglected to mention that the mercenaries numbered more than 500, and were a proper army, not some rich girl's hired shields for a weekend.

You suspected that Doma was willing to compromise on that point, if only to get your men out of the inns and onto the streets doing something that looked like work.

You think to yourself:
>Gold's Gold. If we work a while as bodyguards before we get to killing, so be it.
>Not a chance. William wouldn't want us to settle to be some rich girl's lapdogs. War or nothing.
>You have your dignity, by the Seven. And that dignity definitely has a price. Wait to see her offer.
>write-in.
>>
>>43552634
>You have your dignity, by the Seven. And that dignity definitely has a price. Wait to see her offer.

Nice to see you again Page.
>>
>>43552634
>>You have your dignity, by the Seven. And that dignity definitely has a price. Wait to see her offer.
>>
Probably a good thing I ended earlier tonight. Cheers from that other GoT quest.
>>
>>43552634
While not a glorious start its something. That being said if she's just a spoiled girl looking to show off some muscle for a party for a silver or two she gets for allowance hell no. Even if its a decent gig I'm still reluctant as it means splitting units and not getting them combat experience. Might as well hear her out though.
>>
>>43552634
Welcome back, Page.
>>
>>43552689
What's up, Father! Always happy to see the other GoT QMs. Good Lord you've been busy, weren't you on Chapter 15 just this last Friday?
>>
>>43552746
>>43552689
Ohhh. Now kiss!
>>
>>43552788
stop
das ghey
>>
>>43552689
>>43552746

Kissu kissu~

>>43552634
>>
>>43552895
Good.
>>
>>43552788
>>43552895
keep going
das hawt

>totally gay
>>
>>43552634
>>Work's Work. If we work a while as bodyguards before we get to killing, so be it.
>>
>>43552895
Isn't Father a woman?
>>
>>43552943
What gave you that idea?
>>
>>43552634
>>You have your dignity, by the Seven. And that dignity definitely has a price. Wait to see her offer.
we'll have to have some serious money, but we are here for money, and money is better than no money. I just hope there arent too many assassination attempts
oh boy oh boy its back its here its really here
>>
>>43552746

Weekend marathon, Pops is on vacation from work. Thread 16 in particular was amazing, so much got done. Action, sex, politics, secrets being revealed, the works.
>>
File: Orissa.jpg (61 KB, 526x600) Image search: [Google]
Orissa.jpg
61 KB, 526x600
>>43552670
>>43552681
>>43552696
>>43552734

William would utter some line about the purity of a fixed purpose, strong as mountain steel. But you've always been of a more malleable temperament. The shovel is no less noble than the sword, when used to good. Let the lass name a price, and if it's enough, then you'll bring it to the Captains.

Despite her small size, you had to give the lady credit. She couldn't have been more than 19 summers, but there was a set to her face and eyes that made you think she was not at all impressed by Doma's credentials. And why should she be? The man had no record of brokering mercenaries. In this market, at least, he was untested.

She cleared her throat, and nodded her head to Doma's last tale, something to do with cheating a Lyrish pirate into robbing himself, or some such.

"Masterfully done, Master Toceri. You are without a doubt one of the cleverest merchants I have encountered, by your own testament. But it is not your mettle I must trust, is it? I am putting my faith in your men."

You decide to speak.

What do you say?
>The Great Company hasn't lost a battle yet, my lady! *wink* (jesting)
>I assure you, our mettle is forged in hotter fires than found in these streets. (poetic/melodramatic)
>We're not his men, lady. We are Lord William's men. And he does not tolerate weakness. (blunt)
>Madam, I command armies in the field. I assure you, keeping you safe will be simple compared to that. (exasperated)
>Well put, my lady, and certainly a concern. I assure you, you'll find our services more than capable. (polite)
>Lady, you haven't named a price. The question is not "Will we keep you safe", it's "are you wasting our time?" (rude)
>other, or combination.
>>
>We're not his men, lady. We are Lord William's men. And he does not tolerate weakness. (blunt)
>>
>>43553063
>>
>>43553063
>>We're not his men, lady. We are Lord William's men. And he does not tolerate weakness. (blunt)
>>
>>43553063
>>
>>43553063
>>Well put, my lady, and certainly a concern. I assure you, you'll find our services more than capable. (polite)
We're the best, we know it, but everyone else here doesnt. Yet. So we take the job, prove we can get shit done, and then hopefully roll in offers without making any major enemies
>>
>>43553063
>>
We sure do like voting all for the same thing don't we.
>>
>>43553063
>>We're not his men, lady. We are Lord William's men. And he does not tolerate weakness. If any seek to turn their blades against you, they will die. If any are foolish enough to become your enemy, they too will die.
>>
>>43553063
>>
>>43553186
Looks good
>>
>>43553204
>>43553186
>>43553124
>>43553119
>>43553101
>>43553099
>>43553096
>>43553103

Finn just says the same sentence eight times in a row, making it a mantra while the girl cowers in the corner.
>>
>>43553063
>>>Well put, my lady, and certainly a concern. I assure you, you'll find our services more than capable. (polite)
>>We're not his men, lady. We are Lord William's men. And he does not tolerate weakness. (blunt)

Politeness and straightforwardness is a good combination.
>>
Well no wonder we aren't getting any business, the pentoshi by law aren't allowed to hire mercenary companies or sellswords.
>>
>>43553252
Oh lawl. I mean, Doma knows that so presumably that isn't canon in Iron and Hate
>>
>>43553291
No Finn just didn't realise bodyguards is just the term they use in Pentos.
>>
>>43553096
>>43553099
>>43553101
>>43553103
>>43553119
>>43553124
>>43553186
>>43553204
>>43553213
>>43553228

"Well put, my lady, and I understand your concern. But I assure you, you'll find our services more than capable. We are not directly Doma's men. We serve WIlliam Bordain of Westeros, Lord of Morderengrad, and he does not tolerate weakness. Any man who draws steel on you will die, should you stand under our aegis. We are the best protection money can buy, Lady Eranoris. Though, in frankness, it is a lot of money."

She looks at you, and then tilts her head to the side, a smile on her face. "The man speaks! And here I thought him some sort of mute Doma had brought to impress me with showy armor. I know the name Bordain. And Morrderrengrahd. He is the weaponsmith, yes? The Killer of Princes. A man of fierce temperament, it is said. You work for a scary man. This is partly why I seek you. I have heard that William kills men who waste his time, money, or patience. I cannot think he does less for those who waste his soldiers."

Successful negotiation!

She turns to Doma. "I offer 5,000 dragons for one month of service."

Doma's face is...hard to read. He smiles, and nods his head. "That is an interesting number, my lady. We will discuss it with the Heads of the Company. It is they who will decide whether to accept your offer."

She nods. "I will desire an answer by dawn. Sooner if possible."

well, time to talk to the men.

>>43553252
>>43553291
They are also forbidden Slaves, which is why they have so many 'free bond servants'. As the saying goes, "the laws of Pentos are sterling silver, for gold outbuys them any day."

You are, of course, a "ceremonial honor guard".
>>
>>43553514

25 Wealth

Going by the Mercenary entry in the core book our army should cost about 3 times that much. More than fair for a month of service.
>>
I have the creeping suspicion that this woman knows the sheer size of the force she's hiring, and that the threats she faces are larger than we might have initially assessed.
>>
>>43553574

Factoring it our Catapults and equipment upgrades, she's offering about 25% of the price of our army assuming Wealth and Power are worth the same. We expect less than 25% force depletion, correct?
>>
>>43553637
Worst case scenario is probably 3% we will probably lose <5 men.
Failing to protect her or loosing a captain somehow is more likely and more damaging.
>>
>>43552315
You beautiful motherfucker.
>>
>>43553724
Well I mean at this point it's pretty obvious that "bodyguards" is a euphemism for "I need an army of mercenaries kill the shit out of a heavily protected guy like right now" considering she wants an answer by dawn and knows who William is.
>>
>>43553514

Your ride back is uneventful, the evening streets of Pentos not notably different to you than the squalor and splendor of King's Landing or Braavos. You are not accustomed to large cities, but you have grown to know the basics of urban interaction: watch your coin purse, don't stare too long, and just try not to touch anything.

Finally you come to your base of operations for the moment, the Maiden of Lys, an upper-scale inn, just on the edge of the city's rougher quarters.

You had sent a runner ahead, and found the captains gathered in a back room for your meeting. There were 8 men in the room when you and Doma took your seats, and you had grown to know most of them very well.

Hiram Jussen was the head of the Support unit. His men were highly skilled medics and quartermasters. Hiram himself was starting to reach an age where he should retire somewhere, and marry a young wife, but his patience, kindness, and likability were welcome relief to most wounded troops. At your suggestion to William, he had been made the second Head of the company.

Ser Hefram Volaire was the captain of the Cavalry, and an anointed knight of the Seven. He was quiet, but highly motivated. He tended to confront problems head-on. He was the third Head of the Company.

Sitting across the table was Arnault Ashwood. A third son of a tiny house from The North, Arnault was a thorn in your side. It was an open secret that you had recommended Hiram be made head over him, due to Arnault's frankly grating attitude. The man treated his nobility like a golden cloak and mittens that prevented him from doing anything that would get him dirty. Luckily, the man could split an apple from two hundred paces, so he was useful at least.

Lucas Waller was a bluff young man, Captain of the Harriers. He was the youngest man at the table, but he had a fierce reputation. The Harriers had been lead in their drills by William, and had been trained to be more...precise than other infantry.

(cont)
>>
>>43553514
I like the amount, though it depends on what it is for. 5000 is awesome for a month, assuming its not a suicide mission. When we hear specifics we should really try to leverage our siege equipment and eliteness of the troops to increase price, tell her what battles our forces have participated in in westeros, let her tour the camp. Show were bad asses worth a pretty penny.
>>
>>43553762
I always assume worst case scenario.
That would probably be "oh shit faceless men everywhere" which would likely end up with the client very very dead.
>>
>>43553809
I'm more concerned about it being a suicide mission than the price. 5k is a perfectly good price for our army if we're not taking heavy casualties, and we don't have the reputation to push it.

Our concern should be that the mission would cost us everything, which I don't think it will(Hopefully).
>>
>>43553853

Eh. If a Faceless Man is hired the target is dead. Not really anything bodyguards can do about it. That's like complaining the car you paid extra for safety on got crushed by a meteor.
>>
>>43553881
True, but its still a failed contract though, which is always bad.
>>
>>43553881
That is why it is worst case scenario.
The success would be delaying her death for the month, which would be very difficult if not impossible. Sure they are damn good assassins but the problem is that they always fulfil the contract even if they lose multiple assassins.
I think that when Dany eventually reaches Westerossi she will get got and her army and dragons will rampage.
>>
>>43553853
>>43553859
>>43553881
>>43553932
While caution is advisable lets hear her out before shadowrunning too hard. The big thing here is to get a foot in the door and a hire-able reputation. Chances are its not an impossible task, though that's for us to decide, and we have been sitting on our asses for 2 months. I think the pentoshi originally quoted William that it may take 3 months to find a contract, so we're not absolutely desperate yet, though at the same time this looks promising.
>>
>>43553790

Lucas's men were almost like bloodhounds in their ability to chase a target down and pin it where the other units could do their damage.

Rolan Chambers was built like a barrel, already chomping at the bit to know what was going on. The Head of William's new unit of Siege Engineers, he wanted to take his new toys out and play. He was likely not going to be too happy about this offer.

Lastly was Waylar Sental, the second Captain of standard Infantry. He was a steadfast companion, a boisterous man with a seeming taste for pain. More than once he had been the anvil to your hammer, and himself was known for a drinking dare involving drinking while taking a beating.

By the terms William set down when creating the company, any contract had to be discussed by and voted on by the assembled captains, with Doma only voting to break ties.

Now, it's up to you to make the case to the captains.

How do you pitch the job?

THINGS TO CONSIDER
1: depending on a captain's temperament, different jobs will be appealing to them. Some captains will be happy to hear their units aren't needed, others will feel insulted. Some relish high-risk missions, some are more cautious.

2. The job's requirements. For example, a bodyguarding position will likely need very few Siege Engineers or Cavalrymen.

3. There is no defining set of reasons that a job should be accepted or declined. "I have a good feeling about this" is as valid as any detailed argument, but the latter is more likely to sway other captains.

4.Word choice can be important. Describing a job as 'easy' versus 'a welcome break" can change some captain's opinions.

Example proposals.
>Gentlemen, there's a job here, finally, ripe for the picking. Some lady needs shields to feel safe for the next month, and is willing to pay us quite a few pounds of gold to buy them. Most of us won't even need to work this one, and we can send home good news and good coin.
>>
>>43552315
I'm out Page but I just wanted to say glad to see you back and I hope the move went well.
>>
>>43554015
Doma's got something resembling a job. It is, frankly, pissing in the wind, trying to muscle in on the cornered market over here. We're bored. We have no reputation to speak of. We know we can outfight any pansy sonofabitch in a hundred miles, but the nobs and their purses dont. So we need some reputation. And some gold, too. So, we've been offered a job protecting some scrap of a girl. Its reputation, a chance to show ourselves off to the high and mighty. Its an opportunity, as desperate as that may sound, and we need opportunities. So who's willing to polish their armour, shave and look pretty for 5000 Dragons?

we're always going to have some dissenters, but manly cameraderie is the way to go here, i think. There'll be no pleasing the harriers and engineers, but hopefully they can show their stuff eventually
>>
>>43554062
Thanks! It went pretty well.

Spoilers, since it's non-quest related.
Sadly, I didn't get any of the positions I applied for, but I've had quite a few community opportunities opening up, and have been doing some short-term work. Apparently all the community theatres in this area are short male actors, so non-paid work keeps jumping into my lap. I've been bouncing around so much that I haven't had a chance to really buckle down and job search, but otherwise, things are going solid.
>>
>>43554127
I was halfway through writing my own that made pretty much all the same points as yours, so I'll just say I support this one now.
>>
>>43554127

This one, basically.
>>
>>43554015
>To the point then, Doma's finally found us a job. Not a good job mind you, but at least it pays well. Five thousand gold to keep some whip of a girl from being stabbed between the ribs. We do well here, she spreads word we're the best damn mercenary company in Essos, we'll have a much easier time finding contracts.
>>
>>43554015
Whoops, meant to say I'll wait a little longer on answers to this one, since you all have more to write than usual. I'll start writing in about 10 minutes.
>>
>>43554015
>Well my good men we have our first taste of the mercenary life before us. A noble lady has asked us to provide security to her person and household for one month. Yes I'm being serious, 5000 dragons serious... (look them all in the eye) Its not a full scale war but it is a foot in the door and gives us visibility to those who do need wars waged. Its far from trying, but I still expect the best. And if this goes well we get coin, a little recognition, and not having to hold out empty hands to lord Bordain. That and it is only a month. If that's not heroic enough for your tastes I'm sure you can stay here and sit on your asses, heroically.
>>
>>43554147
>non-paid work
hopefully it leads to something more substantial.

Anyone writing anything else other than >>43554127 ?
>>
>>43554015

We're the best warriors in the city. I know it. You know it. We need work so that we can show these fat bastards who we are. Now, this girl came to us offering 5,000 dragons for our army for a month. She wants our answer by dawn at the latest. Maybe its easy money but my bet's on her having some enemy that we can crush under Bordain steel. Who wants in?
>>
Guys, most of these captain descriptions seem like they would relish the chance to strut their stuff. We should point out the fact that she wants her answer by dawn and only wants us for a month. It's pretty much certain she has an enemy.
>>
Also we need to mention that we don't want to disappoint Lord Bordain by having to beg for money for food. Let's send him a gift to celebrate his kid's birth.

Definitely use the word "beg for scraps" that will get them riled up to take the job that's offered
>>
>>43554127
>>43554194
>>43554170
>>43554193
>>43554201
>>43554240

Alright, syncretizing the better parts of most of these, heavy focus on >>43554127 for all the support it got.

"Gentlemen, Doma's finally found us something that resembles a job. It's not a good job, frankly, but it pays well, and it gives us a leg up. It's a crowded market here, and we've no reputation to speak of. Now, you know and I know we're the best warriors in this city, and we could whip and dothraki screamer, braavosi pissdancer, or cheese-monger sellsword in a hundred miles. But the nobility here don't. Luckily, some little slip of a noblewoman wants us to guard her person for a month. She's paying 5,000 dragons for that month, and she wants an answer by dawn. That screams desperate to me. And desperate people are always so relieved when people end their desperation. And they have enemies. Enemies we can look good breaking over our knees."

"We show off here, get seen by the high and mighty, get her explaining how great we are, and then later, one of them decides "Hey, let's see how those guys wage war?" So who here wants to shine up their armor, clean up their face, and make some money so we can send William some money to take care of his new kid, rather than beg for scraps."

You look around the room. Rolan is definitely not excited for this job, but you can't blame him. Lucas has a smile on his face a league wide, so you bet he's in. Arnault seems torn up about the idea. No doubt he's excited to hob nob with the Pentoshi, but he doesn't want to seem eager for a job you're clearly for. Hefram's hard to read, no smile, but no frown. His expression is like an empty slate. Hiram is nodding his head calmly. Waylar seems for it as well.

"Before we vote, would anyone like to speak opposing the job?" Doma interjects. Eyes dance around the table, but no one speaks up. "Then let us speak directly. Those for it?"

Lucas's hand shoots up. You raise yours. Waylar and Hiram raise next.

(cont)
>>
>>43554559

Hefram's hand goes up, and, after a moment of soul-searching, Arnault's does as well.

Rolan looks around the room, sighs heavily, and raises his hand. "FINE. Do the damn thing. But get me a city or town to crack wide open before winter comes, or I'll start sieging Pentos for a laugh."

Motion passes, unopposed.

Now comes MISSION SELECTION.

At present, Lady Eranoris seeks only

2 Elite Personal Guard units.

As you have no Personal Guard units, you'll have to form these units from the others available to you. You may assign men from any units to these, with the following caveats:

1. Captains' support for missions will depend on their feelings about the mission. For instance, Rolan is unlikely to want any Engineers assigned to these units.

2. Captain's INVOLVEMENT will affect their opinions about jobs. This will be important in future pitches. For instance, if you told Lucas none of his men would be picked, he would be less likely to have endorsed this job.

3. The amounts you take from each unit will affect that unit's combat capabilities, and will effect the capabilities of the resulting unit. A unit solely comprised of Elite Infantry will be more unified and harder to injure, but incapable of returning ranged assault, for example.

4. Names bring fame. Assigning Captains to new/ temporary units gives the unit a higher chance to succeed, and improves their capabilities in relevant categories, but has the downside of removing that captain from his own unit, degrading their abilities, and may lead to the captain's death.

You need 40 men. Recommended distribution: 5 archers per unit, 5 harriers, and 10 infantry, 5 from each unit.

Reduction in abilities: 10% lost in Archers, Harriers, both Infantry.

Resulting units: Strong Defense, Moderate Attack.

Potential captain nominations: Arnault, Lucas, Waylar, Yourself, New Captain(2).

>Choose
>>
>>43554750
I think the recommended distribution sounds good, but can we give more units than are strictly necessary? I feel like a contingent of cavalry, no more than 10 men, would do well.
>>
>>43554750
I like that distribution of units, seems solid to me.

I would propose putting Arnault as one of the captains as one, he's a noble and is thus used to the high-society events that the VIP will be at, and two, it serves as a way to sweeten the pot for him, potentially getting him to be friendlier towards Finn
>>
>>43554799
I second the Arnault recommendation. This is some hoity toidy high society crap, sounds perfect for him.
>>
>>43554784
You are capable of doing so, though it is best discussed with the employer first.

Also, due to the different in unit sizes, that's half of the cavalry, so it's probable you'd either send all of them, or mix a few into the previous distribution.
>>
>>43554799
>>43554819

We also need someone with sharp eyes and motivation in the face of "easy work" since it's very likely she has an enemy who is gonna try and pull something. Either Hefram or Lucas might be good.
>>
>>43554829
Oh, damn. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to send just 2 units of cavalry. That's not much of a game changer, really. Sending all of them seems a bit overboard though.

>>43554857
Arnault seems to have pretty sharp eyes. I mean, >>43553790
>the man could split an apple from two hundred paces, so he was useful at least.
>>
Don't forget to include one skilled medic. If the objective is to keep her alive for a month, one infantryman out of 20 is going to make less of a difference than the difference of having a Medic on hand
>>
>>43554750
I Like Waylar, with Arnault
>>43554784
>>43554829
Calvary doesn't make sense to guard a villa, its not like they can offer good pursuit through crowded streets either. Just doesn't make much sense, and I'd rather not break them up as they're a smaller unit.
>>
>>43554750
Arnault and Lucas as captains, I doubt we'll be getting up to much in the meantime.
Composition seems fine.
>>
>>43554903
This is a good point
>>
>>43554895

Yeah but he's also less likely to maintain CONSTANT VIGILANCE
>>
>>43554948

Not that anon, but this could give him a chance at being noticed which could shut him up.

And if he dies, then oh well. He was a shit anyway.
>>
Arnault and Lucas as captains, good mix of skill and eagerness.

The composition seems good, but replace one infantryman with our best field medic from the Support
>>
>>43554967
It'd probably be annoying if he died cause him being nobleborn and all that, wouldn't look that good in the family records.
Still send him though.
>>
>>43554985
>him being nobleborn

Third son of a tiny house.

Who cares?

Just say he died nobly defending someone's honor or something like that.
>>
>>43554750
Arnault and Lucas seems cool and the distribution of troops looks good.
>>
>>43554978
>>43554924
>>43554903

"Lucas," you lead off. He leaps out of his seat, snapping a salute. "You'll be leading one of the squads."

His grin turns wolfish. "Will do, Commander."

"None of that, now. I'm a captain, same as anyone. The squads will be of mixed composition, to increase our odds of facing unknown threats. Waylar and I will each give 9 men, five to one squad, four to another. These will form the backbone of the unit. Arnault will give 5 to each squad as well, as will Lucas. Hiram, we'll want a member of your support, trained in medicine, with each squad."

The assembled captains nod, though Hiram speaks up. "Better two medics than one. We don't want exhaustion taxing them. Send 4 and 4 from you and Waylar, and we'll be better handled."

You nod to his experience. "So be it. 8 infantry a squad, 5 archers, 5 harriers, and 2 medics."

You then nod to Arnalt (fun fact, I've been spelling his name wrong all thread. I MADE UP THE NAME, HOW DID I MESS IT UP?!). "Arnalt, you're on the other squad. I trust your eyes to pick out any threats."

He rises, making a mock bow for the compliment. "I'll do all I can, Captain Finnel."

The men have agreed, and the composition is set. Do you want to personally handle the 'delivery', or have them accompanied by Doma?

>Personal Touch
>Merchant Man
>>
>>43555091
>Personal Touch
She seems to like us better than Doma
>>
>>43555091
>Personal Touch
>>
>>43555091
>Personal Touch
>>
>>43555091
Hmm... 35% of the men we sent are sub-elite. Kind of has me worried. I don't know if doubling the number of medics was a good idea.
>>
>>43555091
>>Personal Touch
But why not both tho?
>>
>>43555117
>>43555119
>>43555149

"I'll come with you to iron out the last details. For now, grab anything you'll want in the next month, we ride out in 2 hours."

Doma leans in. "Perhaps it would be wiser to wait. We do not wish to seem incredibly eager. Further, if she tells others of our speedy response, and we linger to discuss their contracts, they may be offended. Let us leave in 6 hours, that gives us 2 hours before daylight, well before her deadline. We will be prompt, but not excessively so."

You nod.

>>43555209
Crap, meant to clarify. Doma's coming either way, to solidify the exact wording of the contract, and explain stuff like "Look, if their lord calls, they will leave you, but we'll refund you an appropriate amount."
>>
>>43555191
We sent our men as merc to get them "blooded" and gain experience, because the other Vale Lords would shit themselves at the number of troups House Bordain had on his lands.

Get the men experience, gold and rep.
>>
>>43555243
Okay, didnt want to get hoodwinked when the merchant isn't there to teach us how to bargain.
>>
>>43555250
That and elite troops are bullshit good. Even trained is pretty damn awesome for fighting off hired pentoshi, and that's not considering how bullshit awesome we equipped them. From a meta perspective we allowed reinforcement of units in the field, so very light casualties will not affect a units power either as their replacements will be trained. I forget the precise amount of casualties that takes a unit down an experience level but its not 2 or 3 guys for sure. In any case failing the contract and losing that 25 wealth would be a greater blow than what you guys think may happen. That and if shit really goes down the rest of the company is still in the city.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (45 KB, 286x500) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
45 KB, 286x500
>>43555243

6 hours later, you ride out. the Lady Eranoris was staying at a very upscale inn, and your arrival throws the staff into something of a quiet furor. The murmurs continue as a maid is sent to bring her down.

She descends to the common room, and smiles lightly when she sees you. "Excellent. I had hoped we had an accord."

You incline your head, still not completely sure of the Lady Eranoris's exact position of power. You were never great with the less codified Essosi system, where it seems you were just supposed to KNOW which magisters were powerful, or rich, or both.

"My lady, here are two of my captains to oversee your personal guard. Lucas Waller has trained with the Lord Bordain himself, and is a capable young man."

Lucas wore a fur-ruffed green cloak over his armors, looking not unlike the Lord Eddard did some years back, a sort of regal woodsman.

"And Arnalt, of House Ashwood. Keen of eye, my lady, and quite adept at archery."

Arnalt's clothing was, you had to confess, of exquisite taste. He did have a knack for buying well, not flashy, as some nobles did. He bowed deeply, and kissed the Lady's hand. You hoped he didn't get into trouble here.

"Now, while we are not Doma's men, he is of vital importance to us, as he alone understands the intricacies of Pentoshi commerce to work out our contracts. If you would?"

You gesture to a nearby alcove, cushioned couches about a fine darkwood table.

The lady smiles.

"I think this will be the start of quite a pleasurable venture, Captain."
>>
>>43555391
I just want it noted that, while I intend to run for another hour or so, that that line SCREAMS to be a closer. Like, I debated calling it just for the line. But then you wouldn't get the other plot thread I have planned for the night.

Give me 6 minutes to get some water & aspiring before I write the next post, my back's being weird again.
>>
>>43555391
>"I think this will be the start of quite a pleasurable venture, Captain."
Oh my.
>>
File: 1422765938561.png (145 KB, 268x247) Image search: [Google]
1422765938561.png
145 KB, 268x247
>>43555391
>pleasurable venture
>pleasurable
not ominous at all
>>
>>43555391
>pleasurable venture
Lewd.
>>
File: Harlelos Mopyl.gif (78 KB, 384x750) Image search: [Google]
Harlelos Mopyl.gif
78 KB, 384x750
A knock wakes you. You blearily shake your head as you rise. You had drank to seal your contract with Lady Eranoris, then returned to your inn and bed. While you were fine marshalling out before dawn, you valued sleep when there was no need to beat the sun up. And judging from your window, the sun had not yet found the sky. You must have slept a mere hour or so before this intrusion.

You call out for patience as the knock comes again, donning some loose cloth pants, drawing a blade from a nearby chair. Few things came knocking before dawn that you were happy to see.

Doma's smiling face certainly was not one of them. "Captain Leoric," he said "how good that you are in."

"It's not even daybreak, Doma, of course I'm in. What do you want?"

"Well, I was on my way to my own chambers, by way of a late-night bottle in the tavern common room, when this fine ser approached me."

You realize that there is a man behind Doma. His face is blocky, hard, and his eyes narrow, clearly inspecting your room behind you. They flick to your face as you take him in. He seems to be wearing a maester's chain, but even in this light, you see the chain's metals are uniform. Some sort of Essosi tradition, no doubt.

You also notice that his left hand is holding the inside of Doma's right bicep. The hold of a man dragging someone. This should be...interesting.

"A fine morning to you, Ser." the man said. It was a...discomforting voice. It wore the tone of civility and courtesy shabbily, like a child dressed in his father's coat. This voice was gritty, gravelly, not made to fawn.

"I was drinking with our friend here when he told me a very interesting story. I didn't believe him, and he insisted it was so. We have a bet, now, that you will not tell me the same story. If you do, I owe him 3 dragons. If not, he owes me the same."

He even lies poorly.

What do?
> Invite him in. Better learn what he wants.
> "I've no time for bets." shut door, leave Doma
> "let's end this." Attack.
> Other.
>>
>>43555697
>> Invite him in. Better learn what he wants
how much to kill the girl, i wonder?
>>
>>43555697
>>
>>43555697
>Invite him in. Better learn what he wants
>>
>>43555697

There isn't any elven guerillas in here sorry.
>>
>>43555713
>>43555722
>>43555731
>>43555734
Yes. We learn what he wants. Then we stab him in his fucking face.
>>
>>43555774
I don't know, that seems a wee bit rude.
Can't we just punch him in the face then throw him out the window?
>>
>>43555774
if he offers us ten times the pay, im willing to hear him out. I think he'll be a cheapskate and offer us like 8k max, but one can hope.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (8 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
8 KB, 262x192
>>43555789
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say no
>>
>>43555789
He's mishandling one of our own. That's an instant death. We don't compromise, even fat merchants are still part of our team.
>>
>>43555796
that was awful, and not in the funny kind of awful. You dishonour the tradition of carlos posting
>>
>>43555792

We're Bordain's men. How do you think he'll react when he finds out that his men took money to break contract on their first mission?
>>
>>43555796

Oh c'mon, Carlos, just face the fact that he might not be such a bad guy after all.

Quit having such a dark outlook on life.
>>
>>43555799
I think you need to rework your rules a little.
Cause that's the dumbest thing I've heard today.
>>
>>43555807
I think I'm the cutting edge of humor
>>
>>43555809
55k is how much total? we're men of the world, and so is Bordain. she isnt a kid, and i doubt we'll kill her direct, just leave a gap in our defenses so someone else can
>>
>>43555834
That's not good for our reputation. It's already a matter of record that we took a job, knowing we'd intentionally fail said job the first time someone gave us more money is not gonna make people want to hire us, even if that strategy keeps working in the books.
>>
>>43555834
No. We aren't going to dishonour our first fucking contract. Or the second. Or any.
Why do you think the Golden Company is so popular? Because they never fucking break contracts.
>>
>>43555858
>Because they never fucking break contracts.

Except that one time.
>>
>>43555713
>>43555722
>>43555731
>>43555734

"You may as well come in, then. No reason we should fill the hall with our chatter."

"You are most kind."

You back into your room, sword held idly at your side, backing to your bed. Doma enters, the man follows, closing the door behind him.

"So, what is this interesting story Doma told you?"

"Ser, it would hardly be a fair bet if I told you the story, would it? Then you would simply agree, and I would lose three dragons."

That's...remarkably clever for what you assume to be a common thug.

"Very well, but you must give me a hint, at least. Doma tells a great many interesting stories. Just earlier, he had one about a Myrish Pirate he was telling me-"

"This story is about something that happened today."

"My friend, little indeed has happened today. It's not even dawn yet."

The line draws a frown from the man. "This past evening, then, and this morning."

"Then you must refer to our current employment. That we are contracted to guard Lady Eranoris."

"Yes, just this. And he tells me another interesting thing. I ask him 'Sure, she pays you much, but how much would you take to betray her?' And he says..." He has removed his hand from Doma, and twirls it, indicating you should fill in the blank.

"That we will accept no money. That we only break our contracts at the command and need of our Lord in Westeros."

"This. Or near enough. And I say 'Yes, you say that, but how much would it really take? Double? Triple?" And he says..."

"Nothing."

"This is true. And this is...what is word, like seeing pig fly. Sellswords that stay bought? Who are you, Golden Company? This cannot be."

>You're wrong, sir. You owe my friend three dragons.
>You're correct. But the fee for betrayal is very, very steep.
>You're wrong. We're not the Golden Company. We're the Grey. And we don't like people grabbing our merchant. *Stab*
>>
>>43555883

>You're wrong. We're not the Golden Company. We're the Grey. And we don't like people grabbing our merchant. *Stab*
>>
>>43555883
>>You're wrong. We're not the Golden Company. We're the Grey. And we don't like people grabbing our merchant. *Stab*
>>
>>43555883
>>You're wrong, sir. You owe my friend three dragons.
Or, we could lead him on, incriminate him, and actually figure out exactly who and what want her dead
>>
>>43555858
Unless of course the contractor is one of the Lord's enemies.
>>
>>43555883
>>You're wrong. We're not the Golden Company. We're the Grey. And we don't like people grabbing our merchant. *Stab*
Well, our contract is to protect her.
And this man is threatening her life.
So stab away.
>>
>>43555883
It might to leave a man who could vouch for our honesty.
>>
>>43555883
>>
>>43555429
>>43555883
>>
>>43555903
That sounds fun, but I'm not sure how we'd be able to pull that off.
>>
>>43555883
Mildly worried this guy could be a big deal, making the job a lot harder for ourselves could also not be good for our reputation.
>>
>>43555903
I don't think Finn is that much of a shadowrunner.

Plus I like the imagery of showing up on her door the day she bought us holding up his head going "Hey do you know this guy? He tried to pay us to betray you"
>>
>>43555932
hold up everyone. i haven't read the books, whats the law on stabbing people in these parts?
Also, we need to keep him alive so we can question him
>>
>>43555949

It's Pentos, laws are guidelines at best.
>>
>>43555949
The law is probably "If you stab someone important that's super bad but otherwise we don't really care."
>>
>>43555970
I kind of feel like if this guy was -really- important he'd hire someone else to do stuff like this for him.
>>
We should give Doma one hell of a shit eating grin and say that it's a good thing that his friend didn't pull a stunt like this around Bordain or there wouldn't be a town left
>>
>>43556030
I'm really looking forward to the part where Finn explains to Doma that he's one of us now, and that means no one fucks with him unless they want to fuck with all of us.
>>
>>43555891
>>43555900
>>43555916
>>43555919

"You're wrong, my friend. And we're not the Golden Company. We're the Grey. And we don't like people grabbing our merchant."

Your sword flicks up, and you lunge. Your sword takes him through the gut, and he stumbles back, thumping against the wall as you pull it out. He looks at you with a mixed expression of shock and terror, as he slumps to the ground, grabbing his insides. A wheeze in his breath suggests you hit a lung.

You turn to Doma, who looks at the man dying in the corner.

"you're one of us, Doma. No one fucks with you unless the want to fuck with all of us. It's a good thing he didn't try a move like that on William, or there wouldn't be a Pentos tomorrow."

Doma continues to look at the body, then turns back to you. His face is...not as relieved as you expected. More...thoughtful.

"This is...an interesting development, Captain Finn."

"Oh?"

"Yes. You see, I wasn't in any danger."

You look again at the man dying on the floor.

Oh.

QUEST END.

As always, I'll be bumping around for the next half hour or so, and will definitely check this thread when I wake up. Questions, comments and concerns are welcome. I'll pop over to Sup/tg/ in a minute to archive.
>>
>>43556009
Someone like, say, a common footpad, with no real social tact, or deceptive ability?
>>
>>43556111
AHAHAHAHAHAH

I was secretly thinking this might happen and hoping for it
>>
>>43556111
WHAT HAPPEN
>>
So we he looking to hire us for his boss, or was he one of the girls guys trying to scope our loyalty (I thought it was suspicious he came on the day we got hired)?
>>
>>43556111
Thanks for running Page.
Is this whole quest going to be "Finn stabs people that he doesn't have to stab in order to defend his/Bordain's honour"?

I hope so.
>>
>>43556111
Damnit!
Thanks for running Page.
>>
>>43556150
As a Doctor Who fan, I will say "Spoilers!"

As an impossible gossip and ruiner of narrative tension:
Neither.
>>
I fucking love Iron and Hate's gross overreactions causing our attempts to be Ned Stark to make us look more like The Joker.

Even if I had known in advance I still would have picked it for comedy.
>>
>>43556179

>Narrative tension

I hope that means you'll be running again next week? Cause I don't want to wait 3 months to find out
>>
>>43556179
<3 u bruv
>>
>>43556181

He questioned our honor.

Fuck him.

That's my excuse, anyway.
>>
>>43556197

The best part was that if he was just looking to bribe us we would have just tossed him out a window or something. We killed him cause he laid a finger on Doma. Hopefully this signals that we take bodyguarding VERY seriously.
>>
>>43556214
Well, it's not like anyone else really knows we did that, so unless Doma feels like telling everyone in the inn what we did it probably won't.
Though he probably will anyway.
>>
>>43556193
It won't be next week, but it'll be sooner than 3 months.
I'm busy Monday-Thursday evening this week, Saturday 10-5, and probably busy Sunday 12 til 4 or 5, and then next week I'm busy every night but Sunday.

The NEXT week, My schedule looks clearer, but these conflicts are all for show rehearsals. They don't include hanging with friends, time with my family, work, or just Me time. (though, to be fair, M-F 11 AM to 5 PM is basically Me time.)

That reminds me, I have no idea what time zones everyone is in. I infer I have some west coast USA players, but what about other times? As noted, if I moved to an Afternoon (say, 12-5) system, I'd have a lot more time to run.

Would people like that, or are we all just night owls in the Americas?
>>
>>43556251
Straya, reportin in. Run whenever, i'll nearly always be around anytime that isnt 4am for you murricans
>>
>>43556251

East coast zombie checking in. Class in 4 hours. Worth it for Iron and Hate, but a couple of hours earlier would be very appreciated
>>
>>43556251

Eastern U.S. here.

Close to the Central Time Zone, though.
>>
Thread is now archived, by the way.
>>
>>43556251

I'm >>43556271

and I agree with >>43556268 about running a bit earlier.
>>
>>43556251
I'm in NZ so unless you plan on running in the morning your time I'll probably be here.
And I'm on break till March so I've really nothing better to do.
But if I did have something better to do I'd still be here.
>>
>>43556251
East coast here, I have made some truly awful life choices.
>>
>>43556323
Literally quested for 14 hours holy shit. Malroy+Iron and Hate double whammy. I regret none of my life choices
>>
I can already see William's face when we report that shit.
he's all serious as fuck wearing the dreadnought armor like a baller with a baby gigling in his arms.
>Wait, what? Why?
>Well...it's was fucking early in the morning you know?
>Oh, okay then.
>...My lord?
>Yes?
>Why are you wearing your heavy armor while taking care of your children?
>...They like it, I mean REALLY like it.
>I see.
>>
>>43556323
I thank you for your sacrifice.

All you East Coasters.

>>43556271
>>43556268

I completely understand making poor life choices on /tg/ threads.
>>
>>43556342
>They don't recognize the strange man when we are out of armor and cry until "Daddy" comes back
>>
File: 5 star post.jpg (44 KB, 351x440) Image search: [Google]
5 star post.jpg
44 KB, 351x440
>>43556369
10/10
>>
File: goddamn adorable.jpg (162 KB, 1060x796) Image search: [Google]
goddamn adorable.jpg
162 KB, 1060x796
>>43556369
>>
So are there any west coast players or is it just East coasters with poor life choices?
>>
>>43558190
Califag here
>>
>>43558190
yurofag here
>>
>>43558190
Straya, holding back my rampant shitposting so as to enjoy more Iron and Hate
>>
So I found something interesting reading through OOSP.

The Bloodsports improvement to Gambling Dens, the Street Gangs holding, and Martial Festivals combine to make Peasant Levies cost negative 4 power and 2 population, while only being a -3 to Discipline.

This means you can buy Elite Peasant Levy Cavalry for 8 Power and 2 Population instead of 12 Power, and they have the exact same final Discipline, as unit's starting Discipline can't go below zero and Peasant Levy Cavalry has a final discipline of 0. It's literally better in every method as well as being flavorful as fuck that our smallfolk have been caught on to our martial ideals.
>>
>>43558762

If you make the Master of Arm's "specialty" Peasant Levy you can just make all of your units Elite Peasant Whatevers for a 3 resource discount (assuming Pop and Power are equal worth)
>>
>>43558762
This is basically exactly what we did with the Painted Dogs, who could easily have been described as Elite Criminal Personal Guard instead of a Special unit.

Incidentally paying one power to give your Personal Guard stealth as a key ability at no loss of Discipline seems really good.
>>
>>43558871

>Criminal Personal Guard
I was about to say how dumb that idea was. Then I remembered that we generally treat Personal Guards as a posse that follows around and breaks the legs of people we don't like. So it basically fits the description to a tee
>>
>>43556251
EST Toronto here
>>
>>43553221
oh goddamn, that made me laugh
>>
ONe of these days I'm gonna get my sleep schedule back under control. But it is not today.
>>
>>43558871
>>43558762
Question, does anyone have a rules reference for stacking unit types? Because I've personally never seen it, but, to be honest, I'm warming to the idea. So I kind of just want to know if that's an actual rule, or if I'm going to have to homebrew.
>>
>>43562595
Page 110, under "Type"

Each unit has a broadly defined type, a role it plays in battle. Type describes
how the unit operates and describes the abilities you can improve
with the unit’s Experience. In addition, type also modifies a unit’s
Discipline, increasing or reducing the Difficulty to control the unit in
battle. For example, cavalry modifies Discipline by –3, so trained cavalry
would have an Easy (3) Discipline (6–3 = 3, which is Easy). After
all modifications from type, the unit’s final Discipline cannot be lower
than Automatic (0).
Most units have just one type, but it’s possible to build units with
two or more types provided you invest the total Power to meet the
cost for each unit type. So, to build Trained Archer/Infantry, you must invest 10 Power (3 for trained + 3 archer + 4 infantry). When investing
experience for a unit with two or more types, you may invest the
experience into any Key Ability listed for all unit types the unit possesses.
Discipline modifiers are cumulative. So, in the above example,
our archer/infantry would have a Challenge (9) discipline (6 base +
3 archer + 0 infantry). While any combination between types in any
quantity is possible, too much diversification in a single unit eats up so
much Power, you are unlikely to field any other units.

Peasant Levies have a Power cost of zero(negative four/five with relevant holdings) and a Discipline mod of +6(+3 with Martial Festivals). The negative power cost is surely intentional seeing as the base cost is zero and there are multiple holdings that discount Peasant Levies
>>
>>43562900
Awesome, thanks. It also helps explain the fact that Personal Guard units have such a hefty discount to discipline.

What dark wonders we shall work.
>>
>>43563039

Other interesting combinations with Bloodsports, Street Gangs, Martial Festivals, and Master of Arms(Peasant Levy specialty):

Trained Peasant Garrison
0 Power, 2 Population, Discipline of Routine(6)
Also extremely flavorful

Unmodified Veteran Peasant Levy
0 Power, 2 Population, Discipline Routine(6)
Literally better than Scouts in their job as scouts with their superior Awareness and Survival stats from training

Peasant Warships, whatever training level
5 less power, 3 more discipline and 2 more population in comparison to regular Warships
Extremely good modeling of merchant ships/privateers
>>
>>43563242

I kind of feel like this is just standard operating procedure for the Ironborn(Bloodsports and Festivals) and Stormlands(Street Gangs and Master of Arms)
>>
>>43554015
>a bodyguarding position will likely need very few Siege Engineers or Cavalrymen.
So that's 1 Siege Engineer and 1 Cavalryman on bodyguard duty?
>>
>>43563887

Bit late to the party, eh?

Also no. They have no reason to be there.
>>
>>43564647
Not him, but what does anyone else still here think about having some Cavalry at/near standby in case of need.

I guess that would depend on how close the rest of our troops were, but just tossing out an idea.
>>
>>43564682
We already talked about it.

It's unlikely they could help in an urban environment. We'd be better off assigning some extra infantry to the squads then anything else.
>>
>>43564732
I apparently missed that, thought I read all the thread.

You do have a point about the urban environment though and protection is more an infantry thing.
>>
>>43564762
I do feel a little nervous about the lack of proper Elite Infantry in the group we assigned. I mean, just because she only asked for 40 that doesn't mean we can't give her more.

She didn't purchase 40 men, she charged the Grey Company with the task of keeping her safe. I don't see how it would be a problem if we offered an extra half-dozen men. It's not like they're doing anything right now anyway
>>
>>43564853
Well, the number of soldiers in her immediate area can be politically important. Showing up with 100 men to a party where everyone else has 10 a piece either screams "I don't trust you" or "I'm here to kill everyone."

Now half a dozen one way or the other might not matter, but then again it could be the tipping point between showing that you're not going to be intimidated and saying that you're going after them instead.
>>
>>43564942
Blech. We're Bordain men, our motto is "Subtle as a Nuclear Bomb" Going into a mission with less than 10% of our force makes me nervous.
>>
>>43565647
Should we have the fastest runner act as a messenger and billet the rest of the crew as close as possible?
>>
>>43565647
Now I agree with you there. What we do need to remember is that our Lord has been moderating himself a very little bit since his marriage to Lady Tollett and the birth of his children, so he might be upset if our actions cause assassins to be sent after them because we avoidably pissed off a foreign noble.
>>
Ok seriously, who was the guy? I don't want to wait two weeks to find out!
>>
>>43571258
Pod.
>>
>>43571258

THEN WONDER NO MORE, WEARY TRAVELER.

OR, STEEL YOURSELF, WITH TEMPTATION BEFORE YOU.

He was sent by another lord to see if you COULD be bought. The thing is, this isn't particularly unusual in Pentos culture. He wasn't going to hurt Doma, he just wanted to test if fear would change your answer. It's considered a little rude, but not unusual. What makes Doma interested is how people are going to react to your reaction. Your response would be like slapping someone for speaking with their mouth full.
>>
>>43571374
Welp. That'll learn 'em? Maybe?
>>43556251
Califag here, going to school in Pennsylvania.
>>
>>43571374
We here at the Grey Company take bodyguarding VERY seriously.
>>
>>43571374

I love the idea that we're basically Knights Templar hanging out in some not!middle eastern shithold doing mercenary work to keep busy while we wait to get called to war and just approach our jobs with absurd intensity.
>>
>>43571374
Well I mean he's dead, so we get to say that he took his "make them scared" orders a little too far (which he did, technically, from a certain point of view) and that we were totally justified in stabbing the shit out of him for threatening our merchant.
>>
>>43571374
>slapping someone for speaking with their mouth full
what, you mean you DON'T do this? that explains many things
man, i have an exam tomorrow, i should not be obsessively checking if there's been further updates
>>
>>43571541
Hmm, what slogan do you like better?
"We don't fuck around" or "We don't do half-assed"
I also have an exam tomorrow and should also not be doing exactly that
>>
>>43571374
Can we respond to this by telling Doma to get some help and clean up the guy while we go back to bed?
>>
File: Lee_Everett_Ep_04.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lee_Everett_Ep_04.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
>>43571601
How 'bout "Nobody fucks with us!"
>>
File: Nanomachines, son..jpg (42 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines, son..jpg
42 KB, 500x419
>Don't fuck with this Vale Lord.
>Iron and Hate, son.
>>
So Page, if you're here answering questions...

What decision have we made in I&H that you most disagreed with?

What was the one you least expected?

How is Oskar Stone faring on the Wall? Is he friends with Damien Clawwater?

My favorite arc was the Wedding, what was your favorite arc/thread/event?
>>
>>43572180
Give me a bit, I'm gaming with some friends.
>>
>>43572408
Have you been reading House Malroy quest and if so what do you think ?

How do you think interaction between Bordain and Brynden would be like ?
>>
>>43572604
how is malroy? im afraid to get into any more GoT threads since they all die after three threads
>>
>>43572622
Full of whores and brawls.
>>
>>43572622

We've already had 17 threads, so you should definitely get in on it if that's all that's holding you back.

Malroy feels a lot closer to the source material than Karban or I&H do. It's like Harrock in terms of difficulty level.
>>
>>43572604
>interaction between Bordain and Brynden would be like
Brynden and William would be friends, of a sort, it would all break down once Dontos enters the picture and set William off by going "muh honor, muh dragons"
>>
>>43572715

I think you're letting the fact that we're currently miffed with Dontos cloud your judgment. Dontos has never gone about muh dragons, they only person in Malroy quest that does is that one Targ-lover anon that was shilling for Aerys. Neither Dontos or Brynden have spoken about loyalty to the Targs out loud.
>>
>>43572715
Not so sure considering that he took part in the sack of kings landing. Also their personalities are rather different, Brynden might consider Bordain a bore.
>>43572746
>Neither Dontos or Brynden have spoken about loyalty to the Targs out loud.

Cause that would be suicide.
>>
>>43572180
And back, as all my friends begin to ooh and ahh over Fallout 4, a game my comp is too shitty to run.

I NEED IT SO BAD.

Anywho, to answer your questions...

The most I've ever disagreed with your choices was to Maim the knight you dueled on your engagement day. It also serves as a great indicator of the general tone of disagreement. In real life, I basically specced charisma/diplomacy (actor, comedian, constantly commended for customer service.), and you guys LOVE solving problems with your pick/sword/threats. Which I'm fine with, I'd just try diplomatic channels more as a player.
Oh, except the "visit the various vale lords" decision. But that was more of a "Goddamn it, I didn't plan for this shit. Time to look up names and histories, and character portraits, and do POLITICS. Ugh."

The decision I least expected... The politics one wasn't too unexpected...I don't know. It might have been sparing Luuk in the early threads. But that's mostly because the character was still so unformed. The biggest thing I think since we got a grasp on William is your latching onto Stefon as a squire option. I had intended the eldest son for that, a bookish boy to counteract your vim, but you snatched up the second son easy.

Oskar's life is...complicated. Living without a tongue is harder than people initially think. In my canon, he and Damien don't get along, but that's mostly because Damien is not unlike Alliser Thorne. By this Juncture, he's been at the wall for over 5 years, if I recall, and therefore thinks himself and expert.

I think I have to say my favorite EVENT was the revelation of what exactly happened during the taking of King's landing, because I hadn't planned ANY of that. It was one of the strongest time I felt a story coming "through" me, so to speak.

I did really enjoy the wedding arc, if only because I want WIlliam to be happy, and I know eventually, this world will not let him be.
>>
>>43573091
Ah yeah the PTSD scene was... it certainly was.

God damn I literally forgot where I was when I read through it for the first time. I got taken to KL and was jolted out of it when I got reminded that I was in a quest thread and that it was a flashback scene. 12/10 writing there.
>>
>>43572604
I have to confess, I haven't been keeping up with Malroy. I plan to do a binge read of it this week, as Father's writing is definitely closer to Princely's or GRRM's in pure terms of description.

As noted earlier, my schedule is really packed in the evenings, and unfortunately, that's when I tend to be most invested.

I have popped in and out of their threads a couple times, as I've done with every GoT quest I knew about, as I'm always interested to see what other QMs are doing. I envy Father's google docs organization, and the chart of relationships.

As mentioned, I plan to read the threads later this week, and I know I've posted in at least two, anonymously, as I did in Squire's threads, and Karban's, Plasma's, King in the North Quest...

The weirdest thing is, I don't even super care about the Game of Thrones universe. I just really like quests set there. Though I also post in other quests. I was pretty active in the first like, 6 Midnight in Gotham quests, and I jump into Totemist whenever it's on.

As such, I don't know enough about Brynden to be sure. I figure they'd pull a "I punched him in the face, now we're friends" thing from what I do know.

Ask me next thread, I'll have a better grasp of it then.
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.