[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
System for Fallout?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Liberty Prime.jpg (69 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Liberty Prime.jpg
69 KB, 640x360
I'm sure this question is asked here often but it seems like a relevant question in light that Fallout 4 is released in a few days, but what system/systems would be best for running a sort of whacky survivor style Fallout/Mad Max/Borderlands style game (I'm aware that those are greatly different franchises but they have a few unifying similarities)? I'd really love to have a system that has rules (or is easily homebrewed) for all the sorts of interesting things present in those franchises.
>>
Atomic Highway is good for some Mad Max tier shenanigans. I'm not sure of much else.
>>
Savage Worlds is pretty flexible as is GURPS.
>>
>>43550279
Mini-d6 works like a charm.
>>
>>43550279
Isn't Fallout literally just GURPS in vidya form?
>>
>>43550624
Could you point me to what you're referring to? Are there setting specific Mini-D6 books? Where do I find them?
>>
>>43550638
It is not at all. While Fallout was initially planned to run on gurps, and a few concepts are similar, licensing issues prevented that. So they made their own level based system named after the stat spread they had: SPECIAL
>>
>>43550279
The system in Fallout is based on an interpretation of GURPS done by the guys at Interplay. Yes the Steven Jackson/Interplay deal fell apart before the first game came out, but the GURPS influence is still there.

That being said, I would recommend either FATE or Savage Worlds as imo those (especially FATE) are the superior generic rpg systems.
>>
>>43550658
http://www.antipaladin.com/Mini_Six.pdf

Here you go, anon. It's short, sweet and mutable.
>>
>>43550279
>fucking retards trying to play shit settings
>fucking retards suggesting horrible systems
/tg/ is dead and retards killed it
>>
>>43550441
Atomic Highway is amazing. Play that shit, nigga.
>>
>>43550729
If you don't like it you can leave, and OP didnt specify that he was using those specific settings, perhaps he is only incorporating elements of those settings into something new?
>>
>>43550751
>dogshit
>amazing
pick one
>>
>>43550279
PC

PS4 is also accetable.
>>
>>43550678
Yeah, but the SPECIAL system takes a lot of design cues from GURPS and there is a GURPS splat for Fallout.

Just use GURPS, OP. The resources are already there,

>>43550729
>>43550767
Would you fuck off if you aren't going to meaningfully contribute?
>>
>>43550836
>Desperately defending terrible games
Goodbye!
>>
>>43550279
GURPS or shadowrun.
>>
File: 200.gif (84 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
84 KB, 300x100
>>43550729
>People are having fun wrong!
>>
>>43550911
Good riddance. Go shitpost elsewhere.
>>
>>43550279
Me and my group had a lot of fun using this system

fallout-rpg (dot)
narod (dot)
ru/PnP.html

Damn system thinking this is spam
>>
>>43550729

But anon, you ARE the retard, and should bugger off back to 2*4chan where you belong.
>>
My group used SPECIAL/SIMPLE and was tons of fun. But guess most of the fun came from my DM being awesome and having played all the FOs. Also I think there are some splats or homebrew that added armor for dogs/deathclaws and some crazy weapons.
>>
>>43551353
This looks really solid! Thanks, anon!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.