[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World of Martial arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: bel5.jpg (5 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
bel5.jpg
5 MB, 3504x2336
A world where the gods destroy anyone that crafts weapons and all combat is unarmed.
Magic is limited to healing magic, blessings, enchantments and buffs(they can give offensive powers, but you can't directly attack anyone with it). There are various fantastical races, each with their brand of magic and fighting style.
I want /tg to do it's worldbuilding magic and make this world a billion times better than I could.
>>
You don't have the gods destroy weapons. You give martial arts users access to ki powers that makes them not need weapons. When your skin is harder then steel and your fingers can tear apart anything you don't bother with weapons and armor.
>>
>>43544972
Hmmm, sounds good.
>>
>>43544972
Also I thought it(gods not allowing weapons) up because I want everyone doing martial arts. I want huge battles of thousands of warriors locked in mortal combat.
>>
>>43545366
I like the Gods not allowing weapons, what do they do to destroy anyone though. A curse that they fall into intense pain or what?
>>
>>43544972
They still can give reach and leverage
>>
>>43545436
They just smite them.
>>
>>43545742
I see people getting around this by making tools for farming. When they fight, they "accidentally" hit you with a scythe.
>>
>>43545772
Was wondering about this: what happens to tools? What if someone strikes someone else with a tool in anger?
>>
>>43545816
>>43545772
That's what I wanted you lads to solve for me.
>>
>>43545772
>>43545843

Any tool used against a living creature a weapon breaks against the opponents skin harmlessly.
>>
>>43545843
I would have the Gods not be Smiters because that's sounds too instantaneous. Then, that way, they won't also notice the people with tools. The people with tools are given leeway. New fighting styles will breed out from the tools that aren't noticed to be weapons. That way, characters who fight unarmed will have to adapt to these new "unarmed" weapons.
>>
>>43545849
>have to kill animals with bare hands
>cut them up with bare hands
>cook them with bare hands
Okay, this is some fucking crazy world. I like it.
>>
>>43545849
>>43545915
Perhaps the gods only destroy weapons used against intelligent/sentient creatures who are still alive. Hunters can still hunt beasts, butchers can still carve up meat, and people can't use tools against each other.

>>43544822
Masters would almost definitely have some degree of involvement or experience in the military. Armies need to be trained by someone who knows their art.

Is armor affected by the gods in any way? If someone tries to hit you with a backhand while wearing a gauntlet, do they just wind up losing the gauntlet?
>>
>>43545849
I like this idea, OP. It's one thing to kill someone with a tool in anger, but another to choke his ass to death.
>>
>>43545843
I'd just go full Dragonball like >>43544972
suggested. Make it so that after a certain amount of training, a martial artist's body is stronger than any weapon ever built.

You folded your katana a million times? I punched a wall a million times. I break your stupid katana.
>>
>>43544822
How commonplace is the magic? Where can it be learned or acquired?

If magic isn't very common then it might be a very elite thing to have. The greatest warriors and generals may have enchanted equipment: boots that make you move faster, shields or small flying disks that can move automatically to intercept attacks, etc.

Perhaps extensive knowledge of magic is only held by gurus or shaman who can be consulted, if not hired. These masters would have such magical strength that a simple spell from them can turn a flick of your finger into the force of a falling tree. There could be a rift between masters of martial arts and these masters of magic. Each believes that their craft is the key to victory for a warrior. Martial arts schools would of course know bits of magic (healing, protection, enhancements) but overall shun extensive study into magic.
>>
>>43546491
This. There's just no point in making weapons when anyone stronk enough to get into the army eats rocks, drinks lava, and shits victory.
>>
>>43546491
This ki superiority to weapons is stupid, no reason for it other than to put in a hacks factor into the world that can't be contained.
>>
>>43547851
Magic as buffs is in the setting as OP said, this is just getting passive buffs always active
>>
>>43545742

With the literal 'Hand of God'. Giant fist rocketing out of the sky. Martial arts are a religious ritual to honour the gods, by mimicking them you avoid their wrath.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.