[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4
File: 149863.jpg (128 KB, 587x519) Image search: [Google]
149863.jpg
128 KB, 587x519
Hello. I am The Gamemaster. And I've brought another game for you, the readers, to play. To begin, I'll need someone named "The Player". It is highly recommended to also have a tripcode so you can be distinguishable from everyone else.

Once I have my Player, I can begin.
>>
>>43543073
Yo
>>
>>43543091
I am a massive faggot who doesn't know what a tripcode is, please rape my face.

>>43543073
More quests? Prepare your shitstorm cloak.
>>
>>43543122
I don't need no tripcode
>>
>>43543091
It is highly recommended to have a trip code, Zio. Otherwise, I won't know which one is the real you.
>>
>>43543166
You'll know that is me, anyway noone else here so give it a go
>>
>>43543166
Don't worry, no one else is so much of a fag to put a name without a trip.
>>
>>43543132
>>43543498
These guys are impersonating me, none of them were me. I was in the bathroom.
>>
>>43543619
Or are you?
>>
File: fassburton.jpg (75 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
fassburton.jpg
75 KB, 1024x683
>>
Is this starting or what?
>>
I saw a part of your first game. Did the first Player make it to the end?
>>
>>43543795
Alright, we have one. OP, can we begin?
>>
>>43543795
Do it
>>
>>43543795
I'm also willing to share authority with a second Player, in case I have to jack out for a moment.
>>
>>43543891
Here it is
>>
If you allow it, Gamemaster, I acknowledge >>43543938 as my second, in case of outside circumstances.
>>
Well shit. I wanted in on this too. I guess I'll be third if needed.
>>
>>43543988
I'd be honored to.
>>
>>43544004
If he does allow it, I, 1st, can allow you as the 3rd if and only if 2nd also allows it.

Beyond that, Gamemaster, please begin the game proper.
>>
>>43544070
Assuming 2nd (and 3rd) are allow, this is how I'll share authority:
If I don't respond to GM's post within 5 minutes, 2nd's reply can be used instead.
If neither I nor 2nd respond to GM's post within 10 minutes (so 5m without me + 5 without 2nd), 3rd's reply can be used instead.

Again, this is only if you allow me to share authority with 2nd and 3rd in the first place. Otherwise, I'll play your game exactly as you intend.
>>
File: 1436760914599.png (115 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1436760914599.png
115 KB, 510x546
No idea what's going on here, but it looks like it could be fun.
>>
Bumping, hoping for something to happen
>>
>>43543073
>>43543938
OP, return to us. We need your GMing wisdom for this thread.
>>
Sorry. I had to do some minor things. And sorry. Only 1 Player is allowed. Anyone else can offer their opinion on choices however, by being Voices.

Who will be The Player?

And no. The last Player did not make it as the thread was pruned at the last second.
>>
>>43544649
One lone Player it is (since I put the first trip).

2nd, 3rd, for what it's worth, I'll need your perspectives in any case.
>>
>>43544649
What if the first goes afk?
Anyway, cant wait to spectate
>>
Spectating it is, then.
I'll still be here, commenting, in any case.
>>
If The First Player has to leave or do something, you must have permission from him to continue as The Player.

Anyways, let's begin...

You and some friends are sitting alone inside a relatively famous old cabin, known for its world famous paranormal activity. But everyone knows that it isn't the cabin. But the forest nearby that is truly terrifying. Legend has it that one day 10 people entered the forest to catch said paranormal activity. Only 2 returned and were diagnosed with PTSD and schizophrenia.

But tonight isn't a night of stories. It's a night of having some fun with your friends. As the night goes on, you receive a dare. Enter the forest.

Do you accept the dare?
>>
>>43544779
I would tell my "friends" that I would accept, if there wasn't a very real chance of getting hurt. Actually, I'd inquire why they want to endanger me. Do you wankers think it'll be funny if I do end up dead with my last thought of you never having my back?
>>
Your friends laugh and cheer you on, commending your bravery. Then they laugh at you again for your statement, telling you that the legend of a forest is a LEGEND. The forest isn't really haunted. They then add something onto your dare. You are only allowed to take 3 items into the forest with you. They lay out items in front of you.

You may only take 3.

A pistol with two clips of back up ammo
A flashlight
A machete
Batteries
A cell phone
Flares
A bag of hand warmers

What 3 items do you take?
>>
>>43544910
Oh, dear, I am not trained in survival situations.

Voices, I need your halp.
>>
>>43544910
Which one of them brought a gun? Which one of these psychos brought a gun with them to a game of truth or dare?
>>
>>43544976
The gun, the machete and the flares
>>
>>43544976
Better take the gun. Don't want them shooting you once you walk out the door. In fact take all the weapons.
Im gonna be rping this paranoia
>>
>>43544976
Rudimentary thoughts, not my final answer.

What kind of batteries are they, and which of the other items can they be properly combined with?

A blade would be good, but light would also help. Flares might be better over the flashlight.

The phone: what's the charge on it, and how good is the reception in this forest?

Hand warmers... I do not know how to McGyver them at all.

I know for a fact my /k/nowledge is piss-poor, and it might be deadweight even faster than any of the other stuff.
>>
>>43544976
Flashlight, handwarmer and a machete.
Cellphone is unreliable, same as the gun.
Also, why they fuck would they bring that kind of equipment if it's just a "Legend"? No way i would enter without one of the two
>>
>>43545048
Paranoia brings up a really good point.

Why did we originally bring a gun? I will not let myself get iced from behind.
>>
The batteries are not long lasting. But there are more then plenty to use. They can be combined with the flashlight only.

There are not many flares. However, they are much brighter than the flashlight and last longer.

The phone is charged completely and you have no clue what kind of reception you'll receive in the forest. In the cabin, it gets a fair signal of 3-4 bars.

The hand warmers are simple to use. Opening the package then giving them a good shake will give you a few hours of warmth.
>>
>>43545064
>cell phone
When have cell phones ever worked in a haunted forest?
Go with >>43545097, though I'd take the flares instead of the hand-warmer. Might need to light things up.
>>
>>43545064
Actually take the machete. Gets you through blockades and is better in this cabin for defending yourself. Close combat is easier for the untrained than a gun. Also scarier.
>>
>>43545130
Oh, then don't go with the flashlight and pick the flare instead.
>>
>>43545130
Final answer:
>Flares
>Flashlight
>Machete

And tell my shitty friends that if I don't return within an hour after the time limit, they better fucking call the police, or I swear to god I'll haunt them to their own dying breaths.
>>
>>43545064
>>43545105

Oh, and from my limited /k/nowledge, anything that isn't .50 AE coated in silver or shoots incendiary rounds won't do shit to spooks. Given the likeness of your friends having either of these, I'd say the gun's right out.
>>
>>43545164
But they might brain him with the flashlight once he tries to leave.... Is it a proper maglight? or a shitty handheld one
>>
You take the flares, the flashlight, and the machete then go out the back door of the cabin. Your friends lock the back door and tell you that the dare will last about 2 hours. They wish you good luck then go back into the living room.

What do you do now?
>>
>>43545274
>>43545230
Good luck Player.
>>
What was that sound?
>>
>>43545274
Rudimentary thoughts (again, not my final answer):
Going full-spring into the unknown = likely death. I could just hang near the cabin. My life ain't worth a dare, and I can only hope I won't return to a gun massacre.

What's the distance between cabin and the edge of the forest?

How's the outside weather? Better not be raining, or I'll look really stupid for catching pneumonia.
>>
Don't lose sight of the cabin. You don't know the land and you have no gps or map. Even if there's nothing in the forest, getting lost will be the end of you.
>>
>>43545274
Time to set up. Look around for anything useful, find a fireplace and some wood, and get cozy for a few hours.
>>
The cabin and forest are mildly integrated. By technicality, you are in the forest right now. The weather is cold and with a little bit of snow.
>>
>>43545350
We're gonna burn down the forest! Are you crazy?
>>43545376
Stay close. Need to hear when one of our "friends" starts gunning down the others.Need to know when to hide.
>>
I knew you'd need those handwarmers the second I saw them. Ooooh boy...
>>
You should have taken the gun. No, you shouldn't have agreed on this trip in the first place.
>>
>>43545416
Hey I like you. You sound like we would get along. We're both insecurities.
>>
>>43545376
>The weather is cold and with a little bit of snow.
Motherfuckers won't pay for my pneumonia bills. I hope the fresh air is exciting enough for this idiocy.

I'm staying close to the cabin. Is there a window I can hopefully eye my shitty friends from, or a warm spot I can sit cozy in?

Also, constant vigilance.
>>
>>43545376
(Metagame)
Fuck off OP in my country it's night already I'm gonna get spooked
(In game)
In 45 minutes, human eye can perfectly see in the dark.
Try to hang out in the dark for a couple minutes and in case you notice slmething you take out your flashlight.
>>
Put on your coat or else you'll catch a cold!
>>
>>43545452
Excellent, let the paranoia flow though you.
>>
>>43545401
We'll dig a fireplace first, clear everything out! But the closer we stay to this hut the better off
we'll be from whatever spooks might be out there.
>>43545416
Truly, this entire venture was a mistake.
>>
>>43545452
It's so wrong. You know this right? You REALLY shouldn't have agreed. You shouldn't have. The decision you made was not correct.
>>
>>43545482
Spooks! Who said anything about spooks? You think there are ghosts out here? Werewolves!? Yetis!? Whats that shadow?
>>
You spot a small window in the side of the cabin. You can see your friends. They're making absolutely no noise and are not moving. They aren't even blinking. They then start laughing and pointing at you in the window. They were just messing with you. You then look around for a warm spot. The best spot possible is under a tree, where there is no snow whatsoever.

Now what?
>>
>>43545464
Man, I can't believe I forgot to ask about the weather before I stepped out. I'm going senile.
>>
>>43545452
Walk around the cabin and go home with the car leaving the two assholes there for night.
That will teach em not to play tricks on you.
>>
>>43545463
>>43545464
>>43545482
>>43545504
At this rate, we will drive him insane without any intervention from the Gamemaster
>>
>>43545509
Make. A. Fire.
Fuck freezing out here like a bitch.
If any spooks appear, we can burn them.
And to appeal to our Paranoia, we can burn our friends if they try shit too.
>>
>>43545549
He was clearly insane in the first place.
>>
>>43545549
Inside Out homebrew system when
>>
>>43545553
Good plan. I like this idea! Fuck those gun wielding machete owning friend exiling bastards.
>>
>>43545509
Please tell me I'm able to make a cozy fire under that tree, which I hope is also close to the cabin.

Also position myself such that the trunk can shield me from the window. I will not let them cap me.

If yes to all this, that's my final answer.
>>
>>43545575
This I can't deny.

>>43545591
And yeah, these cocksuckers are something else.
Speaking of which, Gamemaster, exactly how many friends are in the cabin?
>>
Yes and yes.

You build a small fire and shield yourself from the window. You start to warm up, letting your coat soak in the warmth, Ten minutes later, you hear noises in the cabin. It sounds like regular conversation. Then it gets louder for a moment. Then quiet. Then loud again. They're definitely doing something fun. You then hear silence. Absolute silence. another ten minutes pass and the silence is still there. There is absolutely no noise coming from the cabin.

Now what?
>>
3 friends all together
>>
>>43545602
No, screw that, go find something spooky to bring back and scare the boys with. A deer skull would be totally badass.
>>
>>43545647
Those bastards are planning to kill you.
>>
>>43545647
Rudimentary thoughts (which I'll call Rudi from here on out):

As much as I hate them, I am worried one of them is using my absence an as excuse to pin murder on me.

I should check the window.
>>
>>43545685
Yeah. One of them has killed the others with the flashlight and hand warmers and is waiting with the gun to kill you.
>>
>>43545647
Our love of horror movies tell us that this is either a malicious prank, or a trap.
Assuming the latter, we should cautiously approach the window, taking our machete in one hand and a torch from the fire in our other.

Be prepared to run.
>>
You walk to the window and peer inside. There is no one inside. You can see 3 small piles of clothes from where your friends were sitting... It's all their clothes. You look towards the car. The car is empty and does not appear to be running.

Now what?
>>
>>43545685
Yes! Check the window. But first, rub ash on your face to make it look like the forest fucked you up.
>>
>>43545706
Fuck, I never asked how many shots that gun had.

Is it too late to recall the make of the pistol or the exact number of bullets?
>>
>>43545714
>>43545720
Well shit. Time to light this fucker up, hop in the car, and drive off into the opposite direction until it's daytime.
They werewolves, son.
>>
>>43545685
Why did you sit on the other side of the trunk? Wouldn't everything be alright this way? You could have prevented this.
>>
>>43545720
Those bastards are all off having an orgy without you! They are all sleeping just below the window.
>>
>>43545746
Two clips. I never forget how much ammo the thing what will kill me has.
>>43545754
Or they are werewolves. Forgot they were out here.
>>
>>43545749
Shit, no fuck that. They're waiting in the back of the car for you to do that. Burn this bitch down, but cautiously approach the car.
>>
>>43545751
Wouldn't everything be alright if you kept watching the window*
I regret not double-checking my post.
>>
>>43545720
Well shit, Rudi jumped the gun. Whatever, circle around to the front, look in more windows as you go. Remember, they locked the back. Assholes, but hilarious assholes.
>>
>>43545751
One of them snuck a fucking gun into this outing!

What's the make of the car? Do I even have the keys on me? Did I leave it inside the cabin?

I have to know if my shitty friends are okay. I should knock on the window. At least have visual on hostiles.
>>
>>43545825
They are hanging above the window frame with their vampire claws! They're gonna grab you!
>>
>>43545825
You know you could have taken that gun yourself. This is so wrong. All of it.
>>
You look at the car. It's a jeep. The keys are inside the cabin. You then knock on the window. No response. You try again. No response.

Now what?
>>
>>43545856
Keep your eyes on the cabin and the jeep, and slowly make your way towards the car. Check if they're hiding in there.
We should still be prepared to burn this cabin to the ground.
>>
>>43545856
Rudi:
This surely isn't good. But I have to confirm if they're all okay.

Check from the side of the doorway if the front door is open, assume combat stance with machete. All the while checking the fire I started, if it hasn't gone out of control.
>>
>>43545856
Fuck windows, break that thing with your machete. Gotta save them vampire-werewolf friends from a warm and cozy cabin.

Alternatively: Wake Up! You'll freeze to death dreaming in the snow like this.
>>
>>43545856
Jeeps are good for hunting. Both deer and humans. One of your friends is a cannibal. Or a vampire. Or an elder god.
>>
>>43545932
Whoa, there. I shouldn't damage property unless a hostile is confirmed.
>>
You look at your fire. It's still going and it doesn't look like it's going to catch anything into flames. So you look at the front door. It's wide open. You look inside, clutching your machete. It's completely empty. You look all through the cabin. Your friends are gone. You look at the piles of their clothes.

Now what?
>>
>>43545936
Cannibal were-Star Vampires. All of them. It's sweet, we should join.
>>
>>43545954
Bar all the doors and hide. Fuck those bastards. Pick up all the other items they offered you.
>>
Dammit guys.
>>43545960
Look for the keys man, and check for the other items
>>
>>43545954
There were so many "shouldn't"s already, and only now do you begin to think things through? Why haven't you started thinking earlier?
>>
>>43545960
Steal everything that isn't nailed down, hop in the jeep, drive off. Burn this cabin and forest to the ground. Shit's about to get wild.
>>
>>43545960
Become the Hunter! Snow leaves tracks, find out where the CWSVs (your friends) went.
>>
>>43545960
I looked through all the rooms? I hope I looked at the spacious roof before entering.

Again, how many friends came with me to this outing?

I have to confirm there's no hostiles in the cabin, then I'll lock the door and keep track of every item I can find, especially in my friends' clothes.
>>
GET THE FUCK OUT
GET THE KEYS TO THE CAR
AND LEAVE NIGGUH
YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD
ALSO CALL THE POLICE
THEY HAVE GUNS
>>
>>43546035
I mainly need to look for the keys to the jeep, if my "friends" are spirited away.
>>
You look at the piles of clothes. 3 piles. And you had 3 friends. You double check the entire cabin then lock all the windows and doors. You then look in the piles of clothes. The items they set out earlier are now gone. You find the key. However, the key to use the jeep is gone. You check the time. It is exactly midnight.

Now what?
>>
>>43545995
I'm a slow thinker. If I actually were going through this, I would obviously have had more info of the situation around me.
>>
I was marching to the wrong drum
With the wrong scum
Pissing out the wrong energy
Using all the wrong lines
And the wrong signs
With the wrong intensity
>>
>>43546035
>>43546051
Listen to this nigga, he speaks the truth. You've just locked your ass inside a haunted-ass cabin. When has this EVER gone well in a horror movie?

Take their shit, all of it, and check the jeep for a way to hotwire it.
>>
>>43546084
C'mon, midnight hunting trip! Staying here is pointless, plus you'll lose the bet if they come back from their polar-bear run and find you here.
>>
>>43546084
GET A PHONE
CALL THE COPS
BARRICADE YOURSELF
BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING COMING
>>
>>43546084
>You find the key. However, the key to use the jeep is gone.
Wait, so what is the use of the key in my hand?
Constant vigilance, machete at the ready as I'm eyeing through all the entry points, if I can't just take the jeep and get the fuck out of dodge.
>>
>>43546147
Do I even have the skills to hotwire the jeep?
>>
>>43546111
>When has this EVER gone well in a horror movie?
You never know, and that's exactly the problem.
>>
The keys you find are to your friend's house and other things you cannot determine. The car isn't yours. And you cannot hotwire the car, as you lack the knowledge to do it. You keep an eye on all entry points of the house before you go to the window and spot one of your friends. He's in his clothes. You turn around. There are now only 2 piles of clothes. You look back at your friend. You can now see the other 2 friends. You look at the clothes again. The piles are gone. You look back outside. Your friends are gone. Suddenly, you hear noises coming from upstairs.

Now what?
>>
>>43546141
>barricade yourself
Come on! That's just asking for death. They're probably in the floorboards or some shit, waiting for us to drop our guard.
This is going EXACTLY like the plot to a horror movie, the type where we don't survive.
Only way this could be worse is if we were a fratboy having semi-consensual sex with our blond girlfriend in a barn somewhere, and we were holding a POV camera. And we were black.

>>43546231
Upstairs? There's an upstairs to this shit? We should be running.
>>
>>43546231
>upstairs
What, it's a multi-story cabin? Why haven't I already known this?

And how come I didn't already secure the upstairs?

>He's in his clothes. You turn around. There are now only 2 piles of clothes.
OH SHIT NIGGA, magic up in this bitch!
>>
>>43546231
I don't like this. Maybe try to get out from the window? What about the fire outside? Did it begin to snow heavily?
>>
>>43546111
>When has this EVER gone well in a horror movie?
Evil Dead. Ash ended up in the past, battling a horde of undead with a shotgun and a chainsaw. Badass best end.
>>43546084
>It is exactly midnight.
Wait, what time did we start the bet at? 11:20?
>>
Yes, the cabin is two stories.

You feel slightly afraid. You locked all the entry points upstairs. And there was nothing up there.
>>
>>43546231
If only you knew how to hotwire vehicles...
>>
>>43546231
>>43546305
Oh hell yes, spook huntin' time! Get that machete out, light a flare, and rush the stairs.
>>
>>43546265
This cabin is not safe. Whatever noise is upstairs managed to slip past the physical barricades.

Time to bolt outta here with my machete in my dominant hand and my flashlight and flares pocketed. One flare should be in my free hand, lit and lighting my surroundings and the way forward.

No time to smother the fire outside, and no time to loot the jeep. Was there even anything in the jeep?
>>
Surely they must have out something in the drinks.
>>
>>43546383
Actually, how combat capable am I in the first place? I might be able to engage the spook instead of going auto-flight.

Then again, I don't know what the spook is.

And they might have the gun.
>>
You run to the front door and try to open it. The knob won't turn. You unlock the door and try again. The knob refuses to turn. You then hear someone calling from upstairs.

"No use trying to leave. You're stuck in here. With me."

That voice doesn't sound like any of your friend...
>>
>>43546375
>Hunting spooks with only a machete
You poor, misguided fool.
>>43546383
We should definitely be running. Even if they're not spooks (which they are), they're armed with a gun, hand-warmers, and a cell phone to call in more spooks.
>>
>>43546383
No no, Player, that is the front door, the stairs are the other way.
>>43546436
See? Cage Fight! Cage Fight! Cage Fight!
Show that CWSVG (G for Ghost) who's boss.
>>
>>43546436
Break the fucking window, and get the fuck out of there
>>
>>43546436
Well, shit. Prepare combat stance.

How much light is in the cabin? Might need to prep the flashlight or flare if I can't see shit.

Also talk with the stranger. "It's rude to intrude. Then again, where are my manners?"

Gamemaster, is this the part where I can use an actual name from here on?
>>
>>43546504
3 spooks outside, one spook inside. We're marginally safer in here.
>>
>>43546522
I'm sure it's all a prank! We should just sit down and wait for the surprise party. Ghosts aren't real anyway, right?
>>
>>43546570
I think you mean
>They are marginally safer out there.
Right?
>>
Ask the a voice who it is and what it wants.
>>
The cabin is a little dark but you can still see fairly well. The voice upstairs says nothing back. You clutch your machete tightly as you hear footsteps at the top of the stairs. It's one of your friends.

"Just accept your fate. It'll make it end quicker."

You watch in horror as your friend's arms and legs stretch and grow, bones snapping and breaking. His eyes sink into his skull, making it look like two hollow holes. He lets out a very demonic roar and charges down at you.

Now what?
>>
Just a heads-up, my next reply or two might be delayed.
>>
>>43546615
HE IS A FUCKING WENDIGO
GODDAMMIT
LIGHT UP THAT FLARE AND STICK IT DOWN ITS THROAT
>>
>>43546615
>>43546650
Stab it! Stab that D(emonic)CWSVG in the face. With that flare you may or may not have lit.
>>
>>43546615
Man, he really put a lot of effort into his costume! I'm sure he's just trying to pull our leg. Great use of the acoustics of the cabin!
>>
>>43546615
Dodge to my left and swing my machete towards the hostile's neck. He's too far gone.

Also reply, "Why does a soul persist? Because it chooses to. If you want to humor my banter, why don't we just get the words out of the way first?"
>>
>>43546615
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS. WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP IT? YOU ONLY HAD TO LISTEN.
>>
>>43546615
>>43546730
Alright, no time to panic. Let's assess the situation first. Voices, we should work together on this one.

We have a teleporting, giant, skinny creature with hollow eyesockets that is charging us.
It's probably a wendigo like >>43546676
says, but it might be a skinwalker or some shit.

As previously stated, nothing that isn't fire or .50 Spook Eliminator Silver coated can hurt it, so we're better off running or using our flares.
>>
You try to dodge left. However, the creature grabs you with it's extended appendages and throws you at the wall. Hard.

-3 hp
7/10 hp remaining "Some small cuts and bruises"

The creature roars at you again, charging at you again.

Now what?
>>
>>43546676
Can't waste the flare early unless the machete is no-sold.

>>43546709
A heads-on stab might lead to Double KO. The first rule is to stay on guard.

>>43546718
I already told my shitty friend I hate jokes and sarcasm!
>>
>>43546676
Demonic Cannibal Were-Wendigo Star-Vampire Ghosts? Man, these things sure are a mouthfull.

...Brilliant! Bite the fucker's fingers off when he tries to grab you! Man, VOSurvival, you a smart.
>>
>>43546763
Game over man, game over. We are sooo dead.
>>
>>43546770
Carve holy symbols into the wall, light one of the flares and start waving it around, do ANYTHING that might uncover this thing's weakness and then exploit it until it dies.
>>
>>43546763
More stabbings! That, or dive through a window pane like a badass, to go prepare for your dramatic comeback.
>>
>>43546803
Like hell we are. Dodges are not good and he has the reach advantage. We could try to blind him temporarily by using the flashlight
>>
>>43546808
To add onto this, whatever you do, do NOT take this thing on in a head-to-head. It is stronger, faster and tougher than you are.

If you decide to fight, play dirty, using what >>43546831 said.
>>
>>43546770
Man, he's looking pretty pale. He probably didn't take his medicine! I'm sure a little aspirin would fix him right up!
>>
>>43546763
Choice-based damage, no rolls? Well, then.

>his eyes sink into his skull
Instinct tells me to switch on the flashlight and aim it at his "head", if it really is its head. Avoid damage if possible, minimize it if not. Defensive stances.
>>
>>43546831
(OOC) How do you blind something without eyes?
>>
>>43546939
This spook isn't even gonna continue the bantz. What a shame.
>>
>>43546963
He only described that its eyes sunk into his skull
>>
>>43546963
Yeah, I'm wondering, too. Then again, could be some bullshit magic.
>>
(Oh no it is rolls. I'm using a die right now.)

You take on a defensive stance and flash your flashlight into its "eyes". It doesn't seem to have any effect. The creature rams into you, smacking you against the wall again.

-2 hp
5/10 hp "In serious pain..."

The creature attempts to throw a punch at your face.

Now what?
>>
Why didn't you take the gun?! Why?! You could've shot at this thing. And if that didn't work, at least you would have a less painful way out...
>>
>>43546983
More room for one-liners. You got this in the bag.
>>
>>43547011
Dodge it as cleanly as possible, then light a flare!

I really should've taken that gun, fuck.
>>
>>43547052
If you manage to stun it chop its head off please
>>
You duck out of the way of the punch and light the flare. The creature roars in pain, some sparks landing on its skin. It begins to back away from you.

Now what?
>>
>>43547011
Johnny Cage it up! Drop and hack its nuts off with the machete!
>>
>>43547052
I'm sure he won't follow us if we run away! He probably can't even run!
>>
>>43547012
Full regret. Son of a bitch.
And even if my only option were to apply bullet to the temple, I personally wouldn't take it.
>>
>>43547070
Chance! Stick that flare, sparks first, into its "gullet".
>>
>>43547098
Light. This. Shack. Up.
Y'all motherfuckers thought I was crazy back then, but now you see I was right!
We should run after this, though.
>>
>>43547070
Or not. Aggressive advance. Light the fucker up.
"If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."
>>
You jam the flare down the creature's throat. It lets out pained roars, collapsing onto the ground. It then catches flames, spreading through the cabin.

Now what?
>>
>>43547154
Try to take some piece of furniture and use it as a torch, these bastards are weak to fire. For now.
>>
>>43547154
One down, two to go. Get yer hunt on. Also, bust through a window to exit the burning building.
>>
>>43547154
YES. YES.
We've got to run from this haunted cabin. Grab whatever you can as a torch, check the windows for the safest direction, then bust out of this bitch and run until you can't see the flames.
>>
>>43547154
Hey, look at that! He's all tuckered out. I'm sure he'll feel better in the morning. We should see if he has the key to the jeep so we can pick up some new clothes for him, as he seems to have ripped his.
>>
>>43547215
What? Nah, man, I though you knew movies. Stand out front for a while so the burning cabin makes you a flame-shrouded silhouette of vengeance to the DCWWSVGs.
>>
>>43547154
>It then catches flames, spreading through the cabin.
"I regret not asking my dad how to prepare barbecues."

Cabin's gonna go up in flames, time to escape with everything on me after making a makeshift torch. If front door is still locked, bust a window open and leave that way.

How many flares do I have left exactly?
>>
>>43547271
You seem to be misplacing the genre, my reckless friend. We in a horror movie, so we should be running until we find a weapon that gives us complete superiority in combat over these things.
Then, but only then, we hunt.
>>
You check your pocket. You have only one flare left. You then see something shiny on the now burning table. The jeep key. You look at the window then at the jeep key. You don't know what to do. To get the key, you'll need to be quick and run through a wall of fire. But without the key, you may not make it very far on foot.

Now what?
>>
>>43547317
Fire is no big deal. It's pretty cold outside!
>>
>>43547317
We need that key. Without that key, we are dead.
>>
>>43547317
Two hostiles outside. Fighting just one was only luck.

Get the key, see if I have enough time to decapitate the poor "fire eater", then escape the cabin.

If I still have the key, head for the jeep.
Otherwise, combat stance right outside the burning cabin.
>>
>>43547311
It's our movie, we make the genre our bitch. Action-horror. And we have fire and guts, weapons enough.
>>43547317
Heroic leap through flames? Hell yes you are.
Driving outa here with three skulls strapped to the jeep? You know it, son.
>>
You charge through the wall of fire, grab the key, and run outside. Your coat has caught fire. You quickly roll in the snow and put it out. The cabin collapses on top of the creature inside.

-1 hp
4/10 hp "Vision is getting a little foggy..."

You hop into the jeep, turning the key. The jeep turns on. You then take off down the road. You sigh with relief.

You then hear something through the forest. It's another one of the creatures. It leaps out onto the road, trying to block you.

Now what?
>>
>>43547418
Dammit man, that sounds like a bad idea
>>
>>43547453
Mow it down. If we swerve, we might crash into a tree, and that would fuck us up even more.
>>
>>43547453
Ok, running it down it's probably not the best option. It may be worth it to burn that last flare
>>
>>43547453
Surely we'll be fine! These things are built for going up mountains! Continue on the shopping run!
>>
>>43547488
We may make it if we have some eurobeat in the jeep.
>>
>>43547453
Lean on the horn. Floor that pedal. Prepare to machete up through the roof when it leaps on top of the car.
>>
>>43547516
Touche, I forgot about the flares. I'm seconding this now.
>>
>>43543073
>>43543073
>>43543073

Please put "Quest" in the OP subject next time so I can filter you.
>>
>>43547674
I will do that, Anonymous. Next time, I will be adding "Quest" to the subject line so you, the readers, will be able to filter this.
>>
>>43547697
(OOC)You know I really like this whole voices of various personalities premise, OP.
>>
>>43547453
Let's light that last flare and keep it in hand, maybe out the window? I have to get those bastards off the road, hopefully long enough to find another area with stuff to use.
>>
>>43547608
Yes, please tell me there's still music in the jeep. I need to cheese this recklessness for all I can.
>>
(I added the voices in to offer their opinions on the choices. The voices decided to be different personalities on their own.)

You light your last flare, driving at the creature. It doesn't move out of the way. It then sees the flare and moves out of the way of your jeep. The flare then suddenly dies. You can hear the creature behind you, now charging towards you.

Now what?
>>
>>43545048
(OOC)Props to voice of paranoia for starting the trend.
>>
There's no question! Run the thing over and then jump out to engage it! If they're foolish enough to take you head on you must fight!
>>
>>43547834
Sick, it's out of the way. Now we floor it until it's nothing but a bad memory. Maybe stop at a truck stop for some more incendiary devices.
>>
>>43547834
(OOC) I feel like it adds to the experience, has a similar feeling of Everybody Is John, which I like.
>>
Get some space between you and it, and then hop at and pop the hood- when it charges you, dodge and try and smash its face into the battery. You may be out of flares but that might work in a pinch.
>>
>>43547834
Now we die! Good bye, cruel world. Coming here was so, so wrong.
>>
>>43547834
It can't be faster than us, there's no way. We should speed up because there's zero chance they'll catch up and hurt us.
>>
>>43547938
This is best.

>>43547834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-v51CQXx2Q
>>
You decide to floor it. You keep driving at speeds at nearly 70 miles per hour. Good thing the roads are all clear though. You then feel someone grab the steering wheel. It's one of your friends.

"ACCEPT YOUR FATE!!!"

Now what?
>>
File: WRONG.png (285 KB, 873x577) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.png
285 KB, 873x577
>>43548120
I was on the wrong page
Of the wrong book
With the wrong rendition
Of the wrong look
With the wrong moon
Every wrong night
With the wrong tune playing
Till it sounded right, yeah
>>
>>43548120
"What fate!? No one's telling me jack shit! If you know something, tell me already!"

And where is he grabbing it from? If the passenger seat, kick him out! If the window opening, roll it up!
>>
>>43548120
He's clearly not in the right state of mind if he's trying to interefere with our driving at high speeds. We should drop him off on the side of the road until he gets his head straight!>>43548176
>wrong
>>
>>43548176
(OOC) On mobile, no idea what happened there.
>>
Your friend tries to swerve the car. He's in the back seat.

"YOU NEED TO DIE!!!"

Now what?
>>
>>43548244
"WHY DO I NEED TO DIE!? YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW CORDIAL I CAN BE IF I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK'S GOING ON!"

See if I can unlock the back doors, roll down the back windows, and eject the guy with sharp turns. Please tell me I have the skills with this jeep.
>>
Your friend doesn't answer your question. You attempt to unlock the back door and open it, but instead receive a suckerpunch to the face.

-1 hp
3/10 hp "Bloodied and bruised heavily..."

Your friend lets out a demonic roar as he lets go of the wheel and tries to grab you.

Now what?
>>
>>43548399
Voices, what do you think? No choice but to send the jeep off a cliff and jump out at the last second?
>>
>>43548490
I'm sure we'll land okay.
(OOC) We seem to be missing some voices...
>>
>>43548490
And it's starting to feel like they have teleport magic up their sleeves, which makes this doubly bullshit.
>>
>>43548528
I also doubt the other one will make a reappearance.
>>
>>43548490
Wouldn't it be better to stay in the vehicle as it crashes? It will be a swift death, much better than being mauled into a mush by the spooks.
>>
>>43548523
Mr. Backseat Driver seems to have cut me off from operating anything in the vehicle, which means I'm thinking about ditching it (hopefully with him still inside).
>>
>>43548605
But, what if he's just possessed?
What if you're killing him?
>>
>>43548605
You have your seat belt; he doesn't. Teach him why that's a bad idea.
>>
>>43548571
Fighting only two of the possible three is not how I'm going to go.

>>43548635
Unless I knew how to exorcise them from the very beginning, they were already dead by the time I met fucker #1 in the cabin.

Time for my final answer:
First, I'll crouch low to avoid getting strangled. Then, lock all other doors and open my own door such that the terrain can rip it out for me.
Direct the car towards a cliff edge.
And finally jump out my open doorway, hopefully with fucker #2 still inside.
>>
>>43548605

Slam the fucking brakes. He'll be in a world of hurt, considering the speed you're going.
>>
>>43548685
I'm assuming he actually rooted himself into the car while in my blind spot. A sharp brake won't disengage him if he did it properly.
>>
You crouch down, ducking the creature's grasp. You then lock all the doors except your own and drive towards a cliff. You then quickly jump out of the car, slamming into multiple things.

-2 hp
1/10 hp "Barely conscious..."

The car drives over the edge with the creature inside. You hear it roar before it's interrupted by the car exploding. You attempt to get up, before you fall back down. Your leg is broken. You can clearly see the bone.

Now what?
>>
>>43548755
Well shit, we're living on prayers now.
Make a splint, find somewhere to hide until daybreak I guess?
What time is it, and how far is civilization?
>>
>>43548755
Ah, the Pinto variant.

Mangled leg, huh? Obviously I'm fucked at this point, but let's see if I have time to bandage it up and set it with a branch or something.

What stuff do I still have on me?
>>
>>43548796

If we still have a flare, grab a sturdy stick and fashion a makeshift spear, with the flare on one end. Lets us stab any of our friends from a safe distance.
>>
>>43548849
I think we used our last one back in the car to get the 'digo out of the way.
>>
>>43548755
'tis but a flesh wound. I'm sure it'll heal up. Maybe our friend will bring back the jeep later.
>>
>>43548849
We used the last one shooing fucker #2 off the road, but it was wasted because he got inside anyway.
>>
All you have left is your machete and flashlight.
>>
>>43548928
Well sheeit. It's 108 miles to Chicago, we have no flares, a flashlight, a machete, it's dark, and we broke out leg.
>>
>>43548964
>>43548921
The name of the game is best 2/3 right? Surely our final friend will admit defeat and the hidden camera crew will come out and front our medical bills.
>>
>>43548808
Yup, first aid on our leg, then hoofing it down the road with minimal pain.
>>
jam the flashlight onto a tree branch, use it to lure your last friend, hide nearby and ambush them with the machete
>>
You look around, finding a small sturdy branch. You tear a piece off of your shirt and put your leg in a splint. You then grab a larger stick and prop yourself up on it. You then hear a familiar noise. Loud footsteps. Charging towards you.

Now what?
>>
>>43548964

The poor Wendigo Cannibal Star Vampire Ghost almost has a chance now.
>>
>>43549067
Dodging is surely not possible.

Gotta make this last attempt count. Use the force of the guy's charge against him by aiming the machete to slice him right through the neck.

Really wish I had taken the gun.
>>
>>43549067
Break our walking stick into the shape of a cross I guess, only God can save us now.
>>43549189
Use the stick with your other hand , lean it like a pike so he impales himself.
>>
>>43549067
It's just a deer.
>>
You ready your machete and slice forward. The creature runs past you before you hear its head roll off its neck and hit the snow. You sigh with relief. Suddenly, you feel something stab clean through your abdomen.

-10 hp
0/10 hp "Life leaving your corpse..."

As you take your final breathes, you see your killer get inches away from you ear. He chuckles.

"Game...Over..."
>>
>>43549073
>Almost
Right you are, m'boy.
>>43549067
Final Round! Underdog rising finale music time. Take the initiate and attack first. No way he would expect that.
>>
>>43549291
Well shit. It was a good run, I suppose.
>>
>>43549291
Wait, what? They cheated! Beheading is an instant round win. I demand a rematch!
>Nosoundinspace.png
>>
Congratulations, Player. You made it to the end of the game without dying.
>>
>>43549291
We decapitated the deer!
>>
>>43549343
>without dying
Wait, wut
And no final reveal about why those no-nonsense spooks wanted me dead? I didn't even get to enjoy the bantz!
>>
>>43549343
I liked this game OP. Do you have different scenarios for other games?
>>
I have many different scenarios, many different enemies, and many different games. And I'm glad you enjoyed it.

But now that this has come to an end, I'm afraid I must take my leave now.

Good night, sleep tight, and keep an extra flare on you.

-The Gamemaster
P.S. I will try to be on here tomorrow with a whole new game on /tg/. So keep an eye out for a post from me with "Quest" in the title. Add a filter if you need to.
>>
>>43549468
>Good night, sleep tight, and keep an extra flare on you.
One extra? Hah! A real man keeps at least FIVE on him at all times!
This Voice will be less vocal tomorrow, but this was great fun.
>>
Awsome game guys, we all did a great job together!
>>
>>43549468
Thanks for hosting! I look forward to further games.
>>
>>43549468
This was pretty good. I'll be looking forward to the rest of your stuff.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.