[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinigami Savant Quest #40
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: Seireitei_vector.jpg (211 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Seireitei_vector.jpg
211 KB, 848x480
You are Captain Kusajishi Riku, and you're royally pissed.

The Central 46, or possibly whoever is calling the shots for that organization, has just declared Kuchiki Rukia a wanted criminal. As a former Onmitsukidō commander, you know what that means better than most: if found guilty of a crime, the punishment is usually death or a prison sentence that may as well equate to death. Either way, it means they're now gunning specifically for one of your own subordinates.

“Well, I think this means we're past reasoning,” Yoruichi sighs, rubbing the back of her neck in thought. “Best case scenario is that this really is the Central 46's doing, and we all know how those old bastards are.”

“If they decide on something, it can't be wrong,” you agree. “That's how they rule.”

“We need to talk,” your wife insists, nodding in the direction of your barracks.

After a furtive glance at the First Division headquarters, you nod in agreement. “You have a point.”

The sprint to your quarters, which would take an ordinary shinigami hours or even days to make, passes in mere minutes. The sheer size of the Seireitei sometimes slips your mind with how quickly it passes by for you most of the time, but now that you take a moment to consider it you can see how it is that so many of the Divisions are so... divided. The distances between them are too great, and their organization promotes an insular attitude. You wonder idly if that was deliberate.

“So, what are the odds Rukia comes back on her own?” Yoruichi asks you, seating herself across a pile of cushions. “Slim to none, right?”

“You got it,” you sigh, sitting behind your desk. “She's as stubborn as her brother sometimes, it's easy to forget they're not related by blood.”

Yoruichi stretches lazily in place, searching for a more comfortable position. “So that means Central 46 sends someone after her in less than a day's time. Byakuya, I'd reckon.”
>1/2
>>
File: 23588093_p0.jpg (123 KB, 891x732) Image search: [Google]
23588093_p0.jpg
123 KB, 891x732
>>43540761
“Ichigo's not gonna like that,” you predict. “But he's not going to be able to beat Byakuya... he couldn't even beat Renji at full power the way he is now.”

“So he takes a dive to Byakuya,” Yoruichi continues building off your prediction. “Enter Kisuke, stage left, promising a training regimen.”

That sounds like something Urahara would do. He's already shown some interest in Ichigo, probably because of the unique circumstances surrounding his conception. “And he doesn't come alone. He brings backup: probably Ishida, Yasutora, and Arisawa.”

“They stand any chance in hell?” Yoruichi asks. “You've seen their potential first hand, or am I misreading the situation?”

You think hard about Tatsuki's reiatsu, her technique, and her overall degree of experience. You consider Ishida's youthful stubbornness, and likely degree of training in the Quincy arts received from his grandfather. Yasutora's size and spiritual power are a factor for consideration as well.

“Nope,” you conclude. “They're pretty much screwed if they come here.”

“That's not good at all,” Yoruichi groans, rolling onto her side. “But at the same time they're the ones who can act with no consideration of the potential consequences, while we have rules and responsibilities that limit our decisions.”

“What a pain.”

>You figure we can give them some assistance on the sly? Make sure they get in and out alive?
>With all the commotion they'll cause, Aizen is sure to make his move. We need to be ready.
>That's not quite right. Hollows aren't bound by the laws of the Seireitei either, you know.
>I suppose we'll have to train them up, and give them a sense of what they'll need to do.
>>
>>43540804
>>That's not quite right. Hollows aren't bound by the laws of the Seireitei either, you know.
>>
>>43540804
>>That's not quite right. Hollows aren't bound by the laws of the Seireitei either, you know.
>>
>>43540804
>With all the commotion they'll cause, Aizen is sure to make his move. We need to be ready.
I mean, they made it though in canon, right? Just tell Urahara to give them all an extra boost.
>>
>>43540804
>You figure we can give them some assistance on the sly? Make sure they get in and out alive?
>>
>>43540804
>>You figure we can give them some assistance on the sly? Make sure they get in and out alive?
>>With all the commotion they'll cause, Aizen is sure to make his move. We need to be ready.

Involving hollows is likely a bad idea.
>>
>>43540804
>>You figure we can give them some assistance on the sly? Make sure they get in and out alive?
>>With all the commotion they'll cause, Aizen is sure to make his move. We need to be ready.
>>
>>43540856
I think it may mean outing ourselves in order to protect the two of them. Or introducing appachi, not sure
>>
>>43540870
>Or introducing appachi, not sure

I think it is Appachi and others, however I rather keep that secret for when Aizen springs his trap.
>>
>>43540804

>>
>>43540804
>>
>>43540804
if we reveal the arrancar at all, it should just be for help with training Ichigo and company. but I think that even that's too much-we want them to be complete unknowns until Aizen reveals his hand
>>
>>43540804
>>
>>43540902
it MIGHT be good to introduce them to appachi for the varied training she can give, and to instill the idea early that not all hollows are terrifying monsters.
>>
>>43540804
>>
>>43540804

Hollows are a trump card that we really do not want to play now. Rukia will be fine for a bit and we need to bait out Aizen to do something we can pin on him.
>>
>>43540830
>>43540843

If she gets saved by a bunch of hollows it would imply she and by extension we have have some connection with them, which would be pretty damning.
>>
>>
>>43540761
>I suppose we'll have to train them up, and give them a sense of what they'll need to do.

Yuroichi trained chad and orihime at this point, without an additional assist theyre pretty fucked in the early invasion.
>>
>>43540804
>tallying and writing
>>
>>43540986
on the other hand, chad and orihime did fuckall during the invasion arc
>>
Ya know, it would be pretty hilarious if when kenpachi goes after ichigo, we get there at the same time, manage to start an argument with him, let it escalate, and then use it as an excuse to start fighting him, keep him off of ichigo, maybe even make him go into his real shikai.
not sure how viable it is as an actual PLAN but if the opportunity presents itself then we could blame it on the heat of the moment or something. I dunno. You guys tell me if it's retarded or not.
>>
>>43540804
How would the central 46 respond if we had an appeal backed by the head of 3 noble clans, a bunch of Shinigami, and two Sternritter who have written a letter of thanks to the Shinigami in question for saving the lives of several of their children's friends
>>
>>43540986

Kinda hard to get involved otherwise

Kiske should have someone he can hire to train them as needed. He does not have Yuroichi to step forward.

Maybe he just hires one or two of the VIzered for the extra hands.
>>
>>43541014
>No he's MY prey!
>NO HE'S MY PREY DAMN YOU!
>>
>>43541042
>Don't give a fuck
>Signed Central 46 desu
>>
>>43541042
They're Central 46, They wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>43541042

Central 46 could not give any shits.

>>43541045
>>No he's MY prey!
>>NO HE'S MY PREY DAMN YOU!

More like:

Kenpachi: He's my pray.
Riku: I am pissed off and your are the punching bag today Kenpachi.
>>
>>43541045
>I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!

>MY DICK IS SO HARD RIGHT NOW!

>Wait what?
>>
>>43541045
pretty much yeah. maybe then escalate it to

>Come on and TRY it ya weak fuck!
>>
>>43541042
then 3 noble clans, a bunch of Shinigami, and two Sternritter who have written a letter of thanks to the Shinigami in question for saving the lives of several of their children's friends, and us, get sentenced to death
>>
>>43541042
>Sternritter
IIRC doesn't soul society hate the Quincy?
>>
File: 1388399112190.jpg (41 KB, 394x386) Image search: [Google]
1388399112190.jpg
41 KB, 394x386
>>43541075
>>
File: 1413633727918.gif (511 KB, 240x270) Image search: [Google]
1413633727918.gif
511 KB, 240x270
>>43541092
Yes.
>>
Wait, how are we so sure that Bakuya will succeed? He has a seal. Masaaki will wreck him if he attacks Ichigo
>>
>>43541042
They wouldn't care because [spoilers]They're all dead.[/spoilers]
>>
>>43541116
Masaki doesn't want to risk exposure.
>>
>>43541116
She would need to get there in time for one thing. Also not sure she could win even with Byakura sealed.

>>43541140
They might not be this time! They might just be dicks! Huge dicks!
>>
>>43541140
They are probably all dead not certainly all dead.
It would be better if they were all dead though.
>>
>>43541140
nah, Queen confirmed that the real BBEG of this quest is Central 46 and Soul Society's bureaucracy in general
>>
>>43541158
Not sure Bakuya could break her blut while sealed
>>
>>43540804
“Between the two of us and our Divisions, we should be able to keep them out of trouble,” you suggest. “Shouldn't be too hard. What we really need to do is be ready for Aizen when he makes a move.”

Yoruichi nods thoughtfully. “Any excuse to put our commands on high alert, I guess. We could probably even invent a reason if we need to.”

“When they arrive that'd be as good a time as any,” you muse. “It'll probably come down to what our Captain-level fighters can do.”

“And the arrancar?” Yoruichi wonders aloud. “Should we get them involved?”

“Absolutely,” you reply. “But we've got to do it at exactly the right time.”

“Fair point. We can give them denreishinki and call them in easy enough.”

That settles that issue. The real question now is how you intend to actually go about helping Ichigo and his friends once they get here. There are a few options you can think of off the top of your head, and you share them with Yoruichi.

“We can do a few things,” you ponder aloud. “Drawing heat off them when they actually get here for one.”

“I think we can do a little better than that,” Yoruichi suggests. “We can look for opportunities... like you said, we're Captains.”

>Find Rangiku, call your remaining Commandos and bring them up to speed.
>Keep track of events in Karakura town, be ready to take action.
>Speak with the arrancar, let the know in detail what's going on.
>Other?
>>
>>43541210
>>Find Rangiku, call your remaining Commandos and bring them up to speed.
>>Keep track of events in Karakura town, be ready to take action.
>>Speak with the arrancar, let the know in detail what's going on.
these all kind of need to happen
>>
>>43541210

This is going to be so fun!
>>
>>43541210
>>
>>43541210
>>
>>43541210
>>
>>43541210
Should probably give our subordinates and allies the heads up.
>>
>>43541210

Urahara's got Karakura so we probably don't need to worry too much. Getting everyone else up to speed is more important right now.
>>
>>43541210
>>Find Rangiku, call your remaining Commandos and bring them up to speed.
>>Speak with the arrancar, let the know in detail what's going on.
>>
>>43541210
It's time boys!
>>
>>43541210
>Keep track of events in Karakura town, be ready to take action.
>>
Should we talk to the vizoreds or will urahara handle them?
>>
>>43541359
well we'd have to find them first, and they were in Europe last we checked, though that was during WWII I think
>>
>>43541359
Urahara more than likely.
>>
>>43541210
“I'm gonna go take care of something,” you sigh, rising from your desk. “You got any plans?”

Yoruichi rolls off the cushions and stands as well. “Sure do. You'll see soon enough, Riku dear. So look forward to it.”

You find Rangiku eating a snack in the mess hall, and crash into the chair across from her at the table.

“It's time,” you tell her tersely. “Call the Commandos to my office, keep it quiet.”

Rangiku stares at you in surprise, before eventually nodding in acknowledgment. “It's gotten that serious? Right, will do Captain.”

A few minutes later your daughter arrives with Kai, Mirai, and Shūhei, who glance at each other nervously as you simply order them to follow you. You lead them down into your training area, open the portal to the Valley of Screams, and look at them calmly.

“Take no action,” you order. “Despite how instinctive it may be to draw your swords, you mustn't do so. Are we clear?”

Kai nods calmly to you, clearly trusting your judgment. But that's not good enough for you. Not now. Not where this is concerned.

“Say the words please,” you insist sternly. “Each of you.”

“Yes, ma'am,” Mirai replies.

Kai gives you a concerned look, then nods again. “Sure thing, boss.”

Eventually Shūhei agrees as well. “Yes, Captain.”

You step through the portal, with your officers following not long behind.
>1/?
>>
>>43541658
“I see you've brought the whole team,” Apacci comments as she looks your officers over. You have to place a hand over the hilt of Shūhei's sword as he realizes what Apacci looks like and tries to draw it. Kai merely stares in shock as his mind processes what he's seeing, while Mirai bows politely.

“Miss Apacci,” she greets quietly.

Apacci nods back to your Fourth Seat. “Good to see you too. What's all this about, Lady Riku? Lady Rangiku?”

“It's finally time,” you reply with a satisfied grin. “It's almost a certainty that we'll need to move against Aizen in the next few days.”

“Aizen?” Kai asks, turning to face you. “What does Captain Aizen hafta do with this? And is this woman what I think she is?”

You shrug. “If you think she's an arrancar, then yes. She is.”

“Nice ta meetcha!” Apacci flashes her teeth. “Don't worry, we won't bite if you won't.”

“She's a hollow,” Shūhei observes blankly. “That chick's a hollow.”

“This one's pretty cute,” Apacci muses, “but short on brains, inne?”

“Forgive him” you wave dismissively. “He's new. Let's go speak with the others, I'm kind of short on time.”

“That bad, huh?” Apacci asks.

“So I've heard,” Rangiku shrugs.

Shūhei still seems to be in shock. “Why am I the only one who sees a problem with this?”

“You'll learn to stop asking questions soon enough,” Rangiku assures him.
>2/3
>>
>>43541816
>“You'll learn to stop asking questions soon enough,” Rangiku assures him.
HAH! I guess we do have that affect on people huh?
>>
>>43541816
>while Mirai bows politely.
>“Miss Apacci,” she greets quietly.

4th seat best seat
>>
>>43541851
Helps that she's met Apacci before.
>>
Oh hey, I actually am around for a live thread of Savant, nice. Hey QoD, everyone
>>
>>43541936
nice to see a new anon who's taken an interest after reading the archives. How do you like it so far?
>>
>>43541816
Once all the arrancar and shinigami are gathered, you explain the situation in detail: Rukia is being brought to the Seireitei as a criminal, probably either at Aizen's behest or to his distinct advantage. You still don't know what his objective is precisely, but you suspect you'll need the arrancar AND Commandos to help keep things from going too poorly. You also explain to Kai, Mirai, and Shūhei exactly what happened more than a century ago with Aizen and the Vizards, revealing to the stunned shinigami both the coverup and the depths of your mistrust.

“I haven't told many people this information for obvious reasons,” you conclude. “Mirai ran into Apacci once years ago, so you knew part of the story. And Kai I gather knew something was going on behind the scenes.”

Kai shrugs. “I ain't too happy about it,” he sighs, “but I guess I can understand.”

“I have nothing to say,” Shūhei decides, “except that I'll see how these arrancar prove themselves.”

“How patronizing,” Halibel counters quietly. “But I suppose that is better than condemnation.”

“There's no time to argue about this,” Rangiku scowls. “We have more important things to discuss, don't we?”

You hand Halibel a denreishinki, and explain to her how it works.

>I'll call you when I have a specific objective I need help with.
>I'll call you in to act in the shadows, when the time is right.
>Only expect a call when it's time to counter Aizen.
>Other?
>>
>>43542000
not new, I'm just generally not around for the live threads on a regular basis. But as I've said before, I enjoy the take on the bleachverse. It's a rather refreshing take on altering canon without being too over-the-top like a lot of Bleach quests tend to end up
>>
>>43542017
>>
>>43542017
Sorry that last one took a bit longer than I expected, had to deal with something in the flat.

Back on track now.
>>
>>43542017
>>Only expect a call when it's time to counter Aizen.
>>
>>43542017
>>
>>43542017

anything else would get us all jumped on by the rest of the soul society, he needs to show his hand or enough of it for this to work.
>>
>>43542017
>>
>>43542017
>>
>>43542017
Pretty much
>>
>>43542017
>>
>>43542017
that's where they step in. Cockblocking Aizen's escape route.
>>
>>43542017
>I'll call you in to act in the shadows, when the time is right.
One of the Objectives may to to hit Tosen with massive overkill.
>>
>>43542017
Yeah, I'd agree with the others, best keep them as a hole card rather than tip things too early. The Commandos can help us deal with things until it's necessary
>>
>>43542017
They are the silver bullet.
>>
>>43542085
I can't wait for the look on his face when Negacion fails
>>
>>43542168
I'd honestly rather get rid of it by killing Maskfingers rather than reveal we were lying about our bankai this whole time.

it's not like we never fought against thousands of menos before.
>>
>>43542087
Tozen is Aizen's personal radar dish since Tozen's 6th sense allows him to notice the arrancar's reiatsu if we send them out too early. Ginny is Aizen's personal bodyguard since gin's shikai and bankai is essentially a swordgun and the sheer speed and reflex will make it nigh impossible for any attempts to attack in the open to succeed. Fortunately he's our mole.
>>
File: Kusajishi Riku smug.jpg (14 KB, 650x368) Image search: [Google]
Kusajishi Riku smug.jpg
14 KB, 650x368
>>43542168
>>43542215
>Mfw he slowly turns around and sees pic related.
>>
>>43542215
Oh sure, that works too, I was more thinking of Negacion failing because Surprise Halibel and Co. on the other side, rather than using Riku's bankai
>>
>>43542215
>Maskfingers
I'm trying to remember who maskfingers is. care to refresh my memory?
>>
>>43542017
>>
>>43542218
>Fortunately he's our mole.

I don't think Aizen trusts him and trusts him less then canon.
>>
>>43542282
yeah, he saw Tosen as a tool on the same level as his Arrancar. I did find it weird that he trusted Gin so much in canon though
>>
so what do guys think the odds our that azien is going to frame us for his death and not gin?
>>
Also, somewhat tangentially while we wait in between story posts, what's your guys' favorite kido incantations? My personal fave is Senju Kouten Taiho, mostly cause the name, effect, and incantation all together are badass as fuck. Though Black Coffin comes in a very close second.
>>
>>43542017
“I'll call you as soon as Aizen makes his move,” you tell the arrancar. “Anything else would cause too much chaos in the Seireitei and only end up making things worse.”

“I guess most shinigami still aren't ready to see Captains and hollows cooperating?” Starrk mutters lazily. “Not surprised.”

“It's more like they'd make it out to be evil,” you correct him. “Wish I could stay longer, but for the time being I need to be on hand for anything that might come up.”

“No problem,” Apacci insists. “Besides, you spent a few days over here last week. Not like you're neglecting us or anythin'.”

You say your goodbyes and lead your officers back to the Seireitei.

“Well that went well,” Rangiku muses. “I could have sworn Shūhei was going to flip out, but he really surprised me!”

“Still no guarantee I won't freak out later, once I've had time to think about it,” he admits. “It's gonna take some getting used to, Lieutenant.”

Your cell begins to ring incessantly, as do Rangiku's and the Commandos'. That can't possibly be good.

“That can't be right,” Kai frowns at the screen. “Thirty hollows in the last ten minutes?”

You can sense Rosa's alarm. “That Ishida boy... there's no way. No way he could be so stupid.”

“What did he do?” you demand.

“Well, have I ever told you about this tool we used to use back in the old days called hollow bait?”

>I should go make sure nobody dies.
>I could probably kill them all in person.
>This is an opportunity to force some more strength out of Ichigo...
>Other?
>>
>>43542240
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Hooleer
>>
>>43542326
>>I should go make sure nobody dies.

watch but don't interfere unless things go sideways badly.
>>
>>43542326
>I could probably kill them all in person.
>I'm going to beat the fuck out of ishida
>>
>>43542326
>>>This is an opportunity to force some more strength out of Ichigo...
>>
>>43542326
>Goddammit Ishida
>>
>>43542326
>I'm going to beat the fuck out of ishida
>>
>>43542326
And then beat the stupid out of Ishida. He's an embarrassment to his heritage
>>
>>43542326
>>This is an opportunity to force some more strength out of Ichigo...
>>
>>43542326
>>
>>43542326
>I'll go make sure no one dies
>But this will be a good opportunity to strengthen Ichigo.
>>
>>43542326
>After this is all said and done, I'm gonna drag Uryu by the ear and have a nice long talk with his family after beating the stupid out of him.
>>
>>43542326
and beat the shit out of that quincy kid for being a stupid mother fucker.
>>
>>43542350
>>43542368
>>43542390
>>43542465
Beating Uyru does nothing useful except breed resentment. I'm all for expressing our displeasure, and disappointment, but we can do that without violence. Plus this will give us an opportunity to tell the Ishida clan and Ichigo's family about our past life as a Quincy which might score us their loyalty.
>>
So Queen, has Starrk developed anything fancier than the Cerowolves yet?
>>
>>43542525
>Cue Starrk using pistols to fire Bala buckshot at machinegun speeds.
>>
>>43542525
To this point, he still hasn't shown Riku his full potential.
>>
>>43542525
Cerotigers!
>>
>>43542546
have we even shown them our dual release and bakai?
>>
>>43542525
A mariachi themed resurrecion. Can't get fancier than that.
>>
>>43542546
Admittedly Starrk even in canon is kinda scary when he's paying attention. I can only imagine having something to not be apathetic about has only made him scarier.
>>
>>43542572
Nope.
>>
>>43542525
>>43542550
Cero Direwolves with rapid respawn and machine guns on their backs.
>>
>>43542523
Soken, at least, already knew about us. Dunno if Ryuken did.
>>
>>43542539
5,000 bala per minute, per gun
>>
>>43542574
So a guitar case that fires Cero like it had a machine gun hidden in it?
>>
>>43542572
Briefly. Mila Rose and Sun Sung jumped at the sound of your voice for weeks afterwards.

>writing
>>
>>43542572
no, we only showed them Tenkotsuki bankai and Rosa Hollofication combo. Not the Tenkotsuki and Rosa synchronized bankai combo.
>>
File: El_mariachi.jpg (42 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
El_mariachi.jpg
42 KB, 600x334
Starrk's segunda etapa
>>
>>43542615
>Infinite Gun Works

that guitar case had far too many guns in it. And grenades.
>>
....Great, thanks anons. Now I'm imagining Lilynette becoming a spanish guitar that fires cero music notes when Starrk plays her.
>>
>>43542615
also there is three of them now, and one of them has a rocket launcher guitar.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zo7ibxeMQI
>>
>>43542592
no, each 5,000 rounds per minute per gun.
Each round fires a salvo of 13 bala pellets in a random spread.
2 guns x 5,000 rounds per minute x 13 bala pellets per round = 13,000 balas per minute.
13,000 balas / 60 seconds = 216 balas per second.
108 balas coming out of each pistol in that one second.
That's touhou levels of bullet hell.
>>
>>43542716
>2 guns x 5,000 rounds per minute x 13 bala pellets per round = 13,000 balas per minute.

No, that's 130,000 per minute.
>>
>>43542326
You assure your Division's officers that you'll handle things in the living world, and race towards the Senkaimon. The guards barely have time to register the fact that it's opened before you're through it, falling through the air towards Karakura town. You can immediately feel that the Research Bureau's notice to your Division was outdated: the town is absolutely crawling with hollows of all shapes and sizes. Ichigo seems to be working on a few at a time, while Ishida appears to be taking Sōken's approach of finding a high place and shooting anything that moves.

But between them, they've managed to miss several hollows.

You can feel that Yasutora may be coming under attack soon, but he's away from school. Tatsuki and her friend Orihime are on the school grounds, and are about to come under attack there as well.

Pulling out your cell, you send a text message to Halibel: “Garganta opening in Karakura town, have Apacci push a strong hollow through it. Not a Menos though.”

That should pressure Ichigo towards tapping his true strength, and if it becomes a danger you'll simply kill it yourself. It should come through in the park as well, meaning there's really no threat to the humans living here. It briefly occurs to you that Ishida probably used similar logic to excuse using hollow bait in a residential area, but it's a situation over which you have complete control.

>Go observe Ichigo
>Chew Ishida the fuck out.
>Go see to Sado, he's on his own.
>Go see to Tatsuki, Orihime, and the rest of the students.
>Other.
>>
>>43542799
>>
>>43542799
>>
>>43542799
chad can handle himself.
>>
>>43542758
fuck me. that decimal misplacement.
that updates the numbers to 2160 bala pellets fired that one second with 1080 pellets coming from each gun in groups of 13 from each trigger pull.
>>
>>43542799
Then
Ichigo will probably be fine on his own for a while, time to check on the scrubs since we haven't yet had the time to make them non-scrubby
>>
>>43542799
>>
>>43542799
Tatsuki at least can hold her own at least for a little bit.
>>
>>43542799

Check on Tatsuki afterwards. Once things blow over though
>Chew Ishida the fuck out.
>>
>>43542799
In the following order:
>Go observe Ichigo
>Other: when all is said and done, grab Ishida by the ear drag him to his parents where we'll have a nice long chat.
>>
>>43542799
>>Go observe Ichigo
give him pointers on shunpo to make tracking down hollows easier while hanging back. Like at the academy
>>
>>43542799
Maybe we won't get failhime this time if we get their in time! So she won't awaken her power!
>>
File: 1397195406429.jpg (12 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
1397195406429.jpg
12 KB, 274x184
>>43542615
>>
>>43542860
Funny thing is if I remember right doesn't it play out that Sado managed on his own somehow while Tatsuki got K.O.ed making Orihime step up and use Tsubaki who was only useful that one single time? Or was Chad getting wrecked as early as this?
>>
>>43542799
>>
>>43542907
Don't worry! Chad had Karin to help him!
>>
I hope Kisuke hasn't gotten rusty since he's been slumming it on Earth. We should pay him a friendly beating soon, make sure he's up for everything that's coming.

On a side note, we need to think about stomping Aizen's face into the pavement. I'm thinking put him in a closed space if at all possible, whether through bakudo or a basement, activating Bankai and having us, Yoruichi, and as many Hakuda/Zanjutsu masters as we can manage pile on him.

>>43542799
>>
>>43542799
>>43542837
Supporting this with a side of
>Chew Ishida the fuck out. We should explain with a very calm facade why what he did was dumb as fuck then grab by the ear and take him to his father and mother and let them chew his ass out too.
>>
>>43542799
>>Go observe Ichigo
>>
>>43542907
Something like that, but it's not like it's gonna be exactly the same as canon and besides which we might know that sorta thing but it's not like Riku does.
>>
>>43542638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k
Because cero puns and wordplay. Plus the spanish guitar sections in this song is fucking awesome.
>>
>>43542907
Well this time Tatsuki has more knowledge and can actually do something.
>>
Writing.

If I take a while, I've gone to shout at my retarded flatmates.
>>
>>43543141
Oh dear, what happened now?
>>
>>43543158
Clearly something retarded.
>>
>>43543158
They're the worst undergraduate stereotypes rolled into one. It's seriously so bad I'm going to request a room change tomorrow morning.

Either they go or I do.
>>
>>43543281
That sucks.
>>
File: i know that feel.jpg (59 KB, 571x515) Image search: [Google]
i know that feel.jpg
59 KB, 571x515
>>43543281
>>
>>43543281
Ouch.
>>
>>43543281
Sorry to hear that. I've got a single, so the worst I have to deal with is the LAXBROS across the hall partying on Tuesday night.
>>
>>43542799
You decide that while Sado's situation is grave, an attack at Karakura High needs to take precedence. For now, the Latin giant will have to fend for himself.

When you arrive at the school, the scene is one of obvious destruction. Windows are shattered everywhere, and glass litters the ground. You can also feel a disturbing spiritual presence all around you, somehow diffuse in nature thought clearly foul in character. Students mill about listlessly... that's when you notice that each of them has been hit by a seed of some kind. These have dug into their flesh and seem to be corrupting their minds and spirits.

Hurrying now, you find that the hollow has re-emerged to confront Tatsuki and Orihime... the latter of whom is tearfully gripping Tatsuki by the neck. You can see a seed sticking out of the back of her neck.

“What... are you... doing...” Tatsuki gasps at her friend. “Ori... hime...”

The hollow cackles to itself. “Oh my, what a lovely sight! I do abhore violence, but it's always so touching to see such a betrayal!”

“You... bitch...” Tatsuki growls, seemingly unable to bring herself to strike her friend even in self-defense. “What... have you...”

“My seeds allow me to twist the minds of weaklings like her to do my bidding,” the hollow explains with a cruel laugh. “Though you did well to dodge them all thus far. I could have sworn that last barrage would have hit you at least once. How puzzling... oh well.”

>Step in, break Orihime's hold on Tatsuki. Give her an opening.
>Explain to Tatsuki that she has to decide for herself. She has the strength.
>Strike the hollow down yourself.
>Distract the hollow, but allow Tatsuki to do the work.
>Other?
>>
>>43543417
>>Explain to Tatsuki that she has to decide for herself. She has the strength.
>>
>>43543417
>Step in, break Orihime's hold on Tatsuki. Give her an opening.
>>
>>43543417
>Explain, let Tatsuki reach for her inner strength, but be ready to step in if needed.
>>
>>43543417
>>
>>43543417
>>
>>43543417
It's sink or swim Tatsuki.
>>
>>43543417
Put that bitchass Hollow in a headlock while we're at it.
>>
>>43543417
>>
>>43543525
>Put that bitchass Hollow in a headlock while we're at it.
but that's intervening. We want to see what she can do by herself without assistance.
>>
>>43543417
>>
File: 1432605161350.png (399 KB, 527x842) Image search: [Google]
1432605161350.png
399 KB, 527x842
>>43543417
“Who are you?” the hollow demands coarsely as you step out of the shadows.

You glare at it in disgust. “Shut your filthy mouth, I'm not here for you.”

“Tatsuki,” you continue. “Why are you hesitating?”

The girl manages to choke out something that sounds like it was intended to be a response, but you can't quite understand what she said.

“You have the strength,” you tell her. “You know what you have to do. If you don't do it, none of your friends will survive the day.”

“Is your resolve this weak!?”

With a grunt of exertion, Tatsuki drives her elbow into Orihime's chest. The orange-haired girl's grasp on her friend's throat relaxes, and Tatsuki manages to send her sailing through the air with a well-practiced shoulder throw.

“How dare you do such a thing to my toy!?” the hollow roars, opening up with a barrage of those seeds.

Tatsuki dashes straight ahead, sidestepping most of the seeds as she advances.

“She's not your toy!” the girl bellows, leaping into the air with her fist cocked back. Much to your surprise a pair of seeds apparently pass clean through Tatsuki's body as she closes the last few meters to her enemy, and slams her fist into the holow's mask hard enough to crack it badly. But she's not satisfied with one strike, and as the hollow cries out in pain Tatsuki continues to punch, kick, and generally pummel the mask. The recoil from each strike serves to keep her from falling away from her foe until the hollow comes crashing to the ground.

As you expected, both the hollow as well as its infernal seeds rapidly disappear into thin air.

>Examine Tatsuki... how did she do that?
>Reassure Tatsuki that her classmates will be fine, take her to watch the rest of the show.
>Other?
>>
>>43543738
>Reassure Tatsuki that her classmates will be fine, take her to watch the rest of the show.
We'll leave her incorporeality for Urahara to figure out.
>>
>>43543738
>>Examine Tatsuki... how did she do that?
>>Reassure Tatsuki that her classmates will be fine, take her to watch the rest of the show.
>>
>>43543738
>>
>>43543738
>>
>>43543738
This bears researching!
>>
>>43543738
>>
>>43543738
IT'S FUCKING PHASING! AT LAST!

also
>>
File: They never made it back.gif (2 MB, 615x413) Image search: [Google]
They never made it back.gif
2 MB, 615x413
>>43543785
>IT'S FUCKING PHASING! AT LAST!
>>
>>43543738
>>Reassure Tatsuki that her classmates will be fine, take her to watch the rest of the show.
>>
>>43543738
>>
>>43543738
was that fucking shun goku satsu?
>>
>>43543785
PHASEBROS WIN!
>>
>>43543738
>>
>>43543738

Every member of this weird little group of anomalies is going to need some serious examination, and we're going to want Kisuke dealing with most of that stuff anyways.

Ruffle her hair while we're at it, she did good.
>>
>>43543738

Reassure while stealthily examining her.
>>
File: 1430630378771.gif (1 MB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1430630378771.gif
1 MB, 260x187
>>43543813
>>
>>43543738
>Examine Tatsuki figure out how she did that.
>Reassure her classmates
>Check on Orihime
>Tell both of them to go to hat and clogs, give dorections if needed.
>Go check on Sado
>>
>>43543738
>>
>>43543738
>>
File: Bad anon.gif (2 MB, 275x244) Image search: [Google]
Bad anon.gif
2 MB, 275x244
>>43543847
>Ruffle her hair while we're at it, she did good.
BAD ANON! ONLY GIN GETS THAT!
>>
>>43543738
>Other?
Off to Isshin's clinic (or Ryuuken's hospital, if there's room shortage) for the Hollow victims. And do the examination there and to see if Tatsuki's still up for checking in on everyone else.
>>
File: 1429336216546.gif (215 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1429336216546.gif
215 KB, 400x225
>>43543785
>>43543800
>>43543813
>implying it's something so mundane
>>
>>43543930
LET THE PHASEBROS HAVE THIS MOMENT KING
>>
>>43543930
>The joke
>Your head
>>
>>43543930
>Not calling that Laughing Scientists.gif
>King, pls
>>
>>43543930
Dammit king this is a glorious day for phasebros! Let us have our celebration before it goes to shit!
>>
>>43543930
hey king is this event a bit more sever than in the anime due to riku and Inari having been in the area recently ?
>>
>>43543964
>>43543990
Yeah, sorry. I don't get it either. If it's a reference to some other quest, keep the jokes to those threads instead.
>>
Considering how Ishida reacted to a Captain being in town, I wonder how much we can fuck his head by telling him the truth about a couple other things.

Like the two Captains who've been in town all his life without him noticing, being Ichigo's aunt, and both being his and Ichigo's great-great-...-aunt, or cousin umpteenth removed.
>>
>>43544147
Just have Rosa lecture him.
>>
>>43544147
Nah save it for after or during SS invasion.
>>
>>43544147
Isshin knows where his adopted sister though I agree it would be hilarious if Rosa was an ancestor of Ichigo or something close
>>
>>43543738
You look Tatsuki over quickly as she rushes to her friend's side. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. It's as if she simply wasn't there when the seeds would ordinarily have hit her. You can also sense that Sado's fight has ended as well, with the quiet young man having apparently won without your help.

“There are almost too many ways that could have occurred,” Tenkotsuki cautions you. “Until we see more of her ability in action, we have no way to know for sure what she just did.”

Admitting that you sword has a fair point, you tug on Tatsuki's collar to get her to stand up.

“Is she going to be alright?” Tatsuki asks you anxiously.

You nod. “They all will. When that hollow disappeared, so did its seeds... though depending on where they got hit, some of them will be aching for a while. Now, follow me.”

“Wait, why?”

“We're going to go watch Ichigo fight.”

With Tatsuki thrown over your shoulder for convenience, you dash off towards the park where a the fabric of the living world has weakened, allowing for the massive hollow intrusion. You can see in the distance Ichigo and Ishida have just arrived, as have Rukia and Urahara at a different spot at the edge of the park.

Suddenly, space begins to distort more severely. Time to see what Apacci got for you.

"What is that?" Tatsuki asks nervously, feeling a massive reiatsu pouring through the garganta.
>1/2
>>
File: Noooooooooo.jpg (329 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Noooooooooo.jpg
329 KB, 1200x900
>>43544147
>"Guess what this means, boyo!"
>"....what?"
>"You and Ichigo are -related-!"
>Ishida's face when
>>
>>43544233
Rosa's bloodline died with her anon.
>>
>>43544252
...yes, and? That doesn't stop us from fucking with Ishida.
>>
File: 1442184391262.gif (442 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1442184391262.gif
442 KB, 500x283
>>43544270
...Good point.
>>
>>43544252
The Quincy Purebloods are probably pretty inbred. So Riku is probably distantly related to all remaining pureblood quincy.
>>
>>43544252
Rosa lived in the late 1700s between 1770 and 1800. she could've easily had kids around that time period.
That and >>43544270
>>
>>43544252
Technically they're related even without us in the picture. Ichigo's mom is a Quincy, and is something like Ishida's dad's second or third cousin.
>>
>>43544317
given that Masaki referred Ryuken as "sensei" and Ryuken's the current generation of Sternritter, Masaki is something like an apprentice of Ryuken.
>>
>>43544317
Oh sure, but leading off with "I'm Ichigo's aunt" means we can bully Uryu as a family member, and that's just gravy.
>>
>>43544201
It seems reasonably likely. Uryu's Dad and Ichigo's Mom are both purebred Quincies, given the limited number of them and all the arranged marriages that would've gone on, there's probably a familial connection somewhere between them.

You might have to go back a pile of generations to link Rosa with the Ishida and Kurosaki lines, but it's enough to justify fucking with them.

>>43544216
Is Chad around or is the poor guy going to miss this.
>>
>>43544344
Actually, she was probably referring to Soken Ishida. And Masaki's probably in the Sternritter as well, since there's an estimated 24 active quincies, though I'm willing to bet that number's low.
>>
>>43544216
“Dammit, girl!” you shout at Apacci through your denreishinki. “I said NOT a menos!”

“The hell are you on about?” Apacci demands in return. “Wait... dammit, Lilynette! Why didn't you tell me we got a call!?”

Wait... so this Gillian wasn't pushed through into the living world by Apacci? Is it even possible that it got here on its own?

“The hollow bait isn't that strong,” Rosa replies. “This would be really bizarre if it all happened by accident. My guess is someone else is behind this.”

“Wait, you arranged this?!” Tatsuki shouts in disbelief.

You shake your head. “No, it's Ishida's cock-up that's doing this. I just arranged to have a stronger hollow appear to push Ichigo a little, but my contact didn't come through. This Gillian is someone else's doing.”

“Gillian?” Tatsuki asks. “What does that mean?”

“A Gillian is a special class of hollow,” you explain, “rarely seen in the living world. It's the result of hundreds of hollows all devouring each other, fusing their spirits and losing any final traces of thought. Their intelligence is even below that of an animal, barely aware of their own surroundings most of the time.”

“It feels like I'm being smothered!” Tatsuki exclaims.

>You're in no danger. I eat things like this for breakfast sprinkled over toast.
>Ichigo can handle it... probably. If he can't I'll kill it.
>We're not the only ones observing. Just watch for now.
>Other?
>>
>>43544395
Shh, be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting Aizens
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544395
>You're in no danger. I eat things like this for breakfast sprinkled over toast.
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544395
>>We're not the only ones observing. Just watch for now.
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544395
>>Ichigo can handle it... probably. If he can't I'll kill it.

Also doctors are referred to as sensei in Japan
>>
>>43544395
>I eat these things for breakfast, you're fine, plus I'm pretty sure Ichigo's got this, and we're not the only ones watching whats going on.
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544395
"If you're feeling choked by the Gillian's spirit pressure, just stick close."
>>
>>43544146
It's a reference to Homeless Mutant Quest, a story based in the Marvel universe about a mutant hobo who gains powers from those he encounters. Players can vote on what powers he can unlock through the use of X-points. Phasing has been a power that's slipped through a certain minority of voters' grasp since the beginning threads and has since become a running joke every power vote.
Phasebros are basically the comically-beaten underdog character.
>>
>>43544395
>brb, doing a thing
>>
>>43544395
>Other:
Stick close if you don't like the sensation, the spiritual pressure Gillians put out is tiny compared to the more dangerous class of menos.
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544395
>>
>>43544391
Well yeah: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_diaspora If the Quincy have an equivalent to the Wanderriech in this timeline, its probably based in LA.
>>
>>43544485
>who gains powers from those he encounters.

He doesn't, though.
>>
>>43544506
>thing accomplished
>writing
>>
>>43544646
It's kinda how it works. He met Webhead and got the option to get his wall-crawling ability. Same with X-23 and her healing factor.
>>
>>43544737

Then who would he meet for poison hands?

Or phasing?

And they were available from the start, so it wasn't "Meet people and copy their powers.".
>>
>>43544737
that was pure coincidence because players thought it was funny
>>
>>43544737
>>43544791
JJ mutates powers spontaneously, its just coincidence that players happen to vote for things people we just met had.

Like taserhands with Noriko.

People then had a laugh and brought up "We steal powers!". Apparently someone took it seriously.
>>
>>43544840
>its just coincidence that players happen to vote for things people we just met had.

I know.

And people taking it seriously annoys me.
>>
>>43544840
>>43544791
>>43544838
To be honest, I'd never realized they were options before we met the relevant people. It's been a helluva long time since the beginning chapters.
>>43544869
Maybe make room for the possibility they didn't realize it was just coincidence like my case was before you get annoyed?
>>
>>43544725
“Don't worry about it,” you insist. “I could put you in a coma with my reiatsu, that thing isn't even a threat.”

Tatsuki stares at you in shock. “Wait, you're telling me you're that strong? Then why don't you go help Ichigo!? He's your nephew, isn't he?”

“He is,” you reply. From your vantage point you can see that Urahara has restrained Rukia, preventing her from helping as Ishida fires ineffectual arrows at the Gillian, before finally resolving to strap Ichigo's oversized zanpakuto to his head. Clever, he's using Ichigo's out of control reiatsu to generate a more powerful reishi bow... maybe even powerful enough to injure that Gillian.

“You may not realize it yet, but Ichigo has massive potential,” you explain. “From both sides of his family. It may even be enough to reach my level some day... or rather, maybe up to my ankles or so.”

“Such humility.”

“Shut up.”

As the Gillian charges a cero, aimed at Ichigo and Ishida, you watch your nephew grab his sword and charge the giant hollow. His reiatsu builds to a fierce level, not out of line for an ordinary seated officer.

“Hold on tight,” you advise Tatsuki as Ichigo's reiatsu clashes with the cero blast, whipping up a massive whirlwind as he sends a slash right up the Gillian's side. Not bad, kid... not bad at all.

The Gillian begins to retreat, and you send a text message to Apacci that all is now well.

“That's the level I have to reach,” Tatsuki frowns, deeply concerned by what she's seen.

You shake your head. “Wrong. You need to surpass that level.”

>I can take the time to teach you.
>Go to the Urahara shop. Tell the manager Riku sends her regards, and a student.
>Speak to Ichigo's parents. Tell them you've made your choice.
>Other?
>>
>>43544869
it annoys me when people argued fro us taking a power because we just met someone with it, otherwise it was sort of fun.
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>Go to the Urahara shop. Tell the manager Riku sends her regards, and a student.
>>
>>43544938
>>Speak to Ichigo's parents. Tell them you've made your choice.
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>>I can take the time to teach you.

>>
>>43544938
>>Go to the Urahara shop. Tell the manager Riku sends her regards, and a student.
>>
>>43544938
>Drag Uryu to his parents and have a chat/chew Ishida out.
>>
>>43544938
Either of these, But we REALLY don't have the time ot teach her.
>>
>>43544938
>>Go to the Urahara shop. Tell the manager Riku sends her regards, and a student.
>I might be able to teach you something every once in a while, but there are other things I have to focus on.
>>
>>43544938
I think he'd be best to train unusual powers that and she has the will to fight (the lack of) which was always a thing that pissed him off.
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>Other?
>I'll try and take up some of your training, but Urahara has a lot fewer responsibilities.
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>I can take the time to teach you.

We can teach her during our visits here and have Urahara teach her when we're busy.

Ichigo will probably get trained by his parents...
>>
>>43544938
>>
>>43544938
>>I can take the time to teach you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.