[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: tumblr_nxf0jfuz531qhj858o2_1280.png (226 KB, 850x355) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxf0jfuz531qhj858o2_1280.png
226 KB, 850x355
Watching The Galaxy Burn Edition

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, space liquor and transparisteel appendages.

Previous Thread: >>43440111

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn

Previous Thread >>43519197
>>
>>43534472

Want to watch the original trilogy without any shitty CGI and Lucas "Improvements?"

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5iw1a3dxdcx4/Star_Wars-Definitive_Original_Trilogy

Star Wars, as per VHS release. Just as God intended them to be.
>>
>>43534472
fuck it boys, let's get this started off with a /tg/ related thing: I'm tinkering with the idea of a fleet-scale (that is to say, 5-50 capital ships per side) SW wargame concept, and I'm seeking out suggestions for rules, resolution mechanics (i'm big on percentile, right now) etc
>>
>>43534510
you sir are a saint.
>>
>>43534556

Could straight steal from Firestorm.

There's tFull Thrust that allows you to stat pretty much every fucking ship ever, but it's as complex as battletech. Still, it's something to look into if you're desperate. For models, the Star Wars mini lines had a ship series, though there's not much scale to it, TIE fighters being half as long as corvettes and all. Scale might work better among the larger ships and markers could be used for squadrons.

Not a fan of Armada? Or just want more ships on the table?
>>
>>43534510
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5iw1a3dxdcx4/Star_Wars-Definitive_Original_Trilogy

What improvements did they make again?
>>
>>43534631
>but it's as complex as battletech
I play battletech, with full accountanttech rules.
I've played The Next War.
complexity doesn't scare me, but does it do shields and turbolasers? because star wars' emphasis on a bunch of guns VS big guns is pretty unique as sci-fi goes
>>
>>43534676
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases#1985:_VHS_release
>>
>>43534631
>Not a fan of Armada? Or just want more ships on the table?
both, honestly. I want to be able to basically run an Imperial Civil War Warlords campaign using these rules. to me, if it can't run anything from a corvette duel to a full fleet engagement with Executors and such, than it's not enough
>>
>>43534631
>Not a fan of Armada? Or just want more ships on the table?
Not that anon, but when I got into X-Wing I was expecting to field way more models. I figured 9 or 10 ships would be the average in a game. I like the way the game is now, but my buddies and I play 200 point games a lot more often, simply to get six or seven good ships on the field.
>>
>>43534879
It's not a bad thing to run a bunch more ships. Playing bigger games can be really fun! Heck, half the appeal of epic is to get full flights on the table.
>>
>>43535109
I think you're thinking of squadrons, anon. A flight is four fighters.
>>
File: interceptor fo.jpg (76 KB, 703x366) Image search: [Google]
interceptor fo.jpg
76 KB, 703x366
TIE Interceptor/FO

First attempt at painting anything for X-Wing. I need tinier brushes. Gonna touch up the white, then add bloodstripes.

Can't wait to see if this actually ends up existing.
>>
>>43535523
You are now thinking of a TIE/FOI with tallon rolls AND sengor's loops.
>>
>>43535523
Get the white a bit closer to the edges of the wing sections and then run a bit of black wash over it to show up the cells, after that you might want to dry-brush a bit of white over the top of them. Should look pretty cool
>>
>>43534772
The only change in all this that really pisses me off is replacing of the Vader's Force Ghost.

It makes absolutely no fucking sense to make Anakin young again for that.
>>
>>43535562
>>43535553
Might eventually do up all my TIEs in this look.
>>
>>43535639
Especially because, if you watch them in release order, at the end of episode 6 you go "Who was that third ghost at the end?"
>>
>>43535521
I was thinking more of 4 aces flying together. can you even do a full squadron with the rules in Epic? I vaguely remember limits on what you can bring.
>>
File: poetry explained.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
poetry explained.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>43535523

>>43535639
I think George was trying to hammer in the whole redemption thing

you know like in those fantasy movies how when the bad guy is killed sunlight beaks through and instantly "fixes" all the darkness and bad things, except this is on a force ghost
>>
Hey /tg/ I want to run a game Starwars game with my group set in the Rebellion era and I kinda want a mix of normal characters and force sensitives. Which system should I use?
>>
>>43535791
Age of Rebellion. Mix with Force and Destiny if you need extra Force powers.
>>
>>43535789
There's nothing wrong with redemption, but Vader's showing up at all is sign enough of it. Giving him a rejuvenation treatment is just spitting on grave of the original actor. Well one of them at least.
>>
>>43535820
Thank you anon
>>
One thing I gatta say is that the old movies are real fucking bulky. Not in a bad way but you can tell what time it was filmed in. Nothing bad but still.
>>
File: emergency.jpg (18 KB, 316x238) Image search: [Google]
emergency.jpg
18 KB, 316x238
>>43535891
Sixties and seventies film recordings all have a pretty distinctive look to them. You can usually tell what you're looking at is from that era at a glance.
>>
File: tysen_johnson_01.jpg (374 KB, 1800x1013) Image search: [Google]
tysen_johnson_01.jpg
374 KB, 1800x1013
>>43535891
Revolution for their time, now not so much but still for the 1970's and early 80's they where a benchmark that made everyone sit up and take notice.
>>
Why are the bad guys in Star Wars so much more appealing and interesting than the protagonists? Is it part of this whole poetry thing or did Lucas and his team just make a lucky break when making them up?
>>
>>43536629
I think it's because if you play as the protagonists, there's an idea that only luke/leia/han/lando (canon characters) can be the iconic roles in canon. Whereas if you play as an imperial, anyone can be the backstabbing, vicious bastard that ends up getting choked to death by vader. Or, it's just that the empire has much better visual aesthetics.
You could probably publish an essay about it.
>>
>>43536629
Pretty sure it's because you're an edgelord.
>>
>>43536629
I dunno. It's odd to me since I know Lucas wanted the opposite for the villains he made.
>>
File: FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED.jpg (58 KB, 620x373) Image search: [Google]
FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED.jpg
58 KB, 620x373
>>43537147
Did he? If he did, it failed spectacularly.
>>
>>43536629

>Why are bad guys almost always so much more appealing than good guys?

Because deep down we all want to be the bad guy.
>>
Well /swg/, I'm normally an Imperial player but I decided to fuck around with Rebels today. I wanted to see just how much dakka I could fit onto the warthog Y-Wing and capped out at three attacks per turn. Not too shabby. Gave 'em a hull upgrade to make them last a little longer, and threw a beefed-up Poe to work as a hammer to the warthog's anvil.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!6:135,-1,-1,2:21:6:;6:135,-1,-1,2:21:6:;175:151,-1,148,153:-1:15:

R8 m8's.
>>
>>43537957
Comm Relay's doing next to nothing. It only procs off of Cool Hand and 1 Evade token isn't worth sinking 3 pts into like that. Especially with Poe's pilot ability. Ditch it for something like PtL and Weapons Guidance.
>>
>>43537449
Appearances maybe, but deep down all of the villains of Star Wars are pretty lame.
>>
>>43537957
Poe Dameron + R2‑D2 + Veteran Instincts + Autothrusters
Gold Squadron Pilot + R3‑A2 + BTL‑A4 Y‑wing + Twin Laser Turret
Gold Squadron Pilot + Twin Laser Turret
Bandit Squadron Pilot
>>
>>43536629
If the villains are done right, they can't help but be more compelling than the heroes. Batman's villains are all entertaining without the Caped Crusader in sight, but Batman without them? That takes a great writer or it just falls flat on its face.
>>
>>43537957
If you're going to use BB-8, drop Cool Hand and the Relay for PtL. Roll+Boost+Focus in the same turn is what makes BB-8 good. Otherwise Poe needs R5-P9.
>>
File: swarmada.jpg (1023 KB, 2592x1603) Image search: [Google]
swarmada.jpg
1023 KB, 2592x1603
Hey guys, I have a question, is Star Wars Armade, and Xwing miniatures game, are these two systems compatible to play together?

What's the main difference between the two? Is one larger scale than the other? I'm leaning more towards Armada but i'm not sure...
>>
>>43538535
They have different rulesets, but the most obvious distinction is right there in your image.
>>
>>43538535
Try them both and see what you like more.
>>
>>43537464
I always wanted to be luke skywalker desu
>>
New TV spot is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lp69VrkgI
>>
>>43536629

Not to me, though it's a good thing. What's the point of a good guy when he's got a shitty badguy as a foil?

Star Wars used visual imagery to tell us who the badguys were in the first few second of film, even without the opening crawl. The way he highly contrasts the background and his other soldiers, his intimidating mask and armor... We know who the badguy is already and he didn't have to kill a room full of children to accomplish it. Then he starts barking orders, getting mad, he chokes a guy to death, and later shows he's barely under Tarkin's control. Fuck, the guy almost mocking revels in how much he's a badguy.

Vader doesn't just look like a good badguy, though it's spelled out for us visually very well, he acts like a good one in ANH and TESB.
>>
>>43539168

Ah, so that's what they're using that actress for. Figured her role was something like that.
>>
How would I go about running an imperial-based game using Age of Rebellion rules? I'm thinking something like an elite group of imperial units on the backend of the destruction of the Death Star
>>
>>43539365
Most of the AoR rules work just fine as-is for Imperial characters. None of the character classes are really exclusive to a faction. You will have to modify the Duty rules' fluff to better fit the common motivations for Imperial service, however. You may also want to consider restricting PCs' starting gear on every mission to standard-issue equipment loads.

Certain things are fairly important to include, however. Outside of rare hyperdrive-equipped starfighters, Imperial fighter jocks should always have a home carrier or airbase in the same star system. Elite stormtrooper units should have plenty of artillery, armor, recon, and air support. When the Empire launched its counter-attack on Yavin, they really brought the hammer down. Walkers, fighter and bomber support, siege weapons, and as many stormtroopers as they could pile into the transports. Galactic Battlegrounds even had Vader himself leading the charge.
>>
So i used a R3-A2 Stressbot on a Y-wing with a TLT today. Does the stress effect only happen in the front arc or 360 since the turret is 360?
>>
>>43539654
Only in the front.
>>
>>43539654
Your firing arc is only the printed firing arc on the template. Turret weapons (upgrade or otherwise) let you fire "outside your firing arc", but upgrades like R3-A2 only trigger when you're looking at the target.

Conversely, auxiliary firing arcs (Hound's Tooth, Firespray) DO count for upgrades like Outmaneuver and Tactician.
>>
>>43536012
>>43535973
>>43535891
films from the late 70s/80s were the best films
>>
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!32:72:-1:1:;32:72:-1:1:;34:-1,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;3:-1,149:-1:-1:

still a nub and just messing with my limited stuff[/spoiler
>>
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!75:18,-1,-1,4:-1:-1:;87:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:

What think guys?
Maybe lose a headhunter to Fatten up ol' Corran?
>>
>>43540660
Lose the stealth device on the A's and give the YT some more upgrades yo, maybe some missiles/crew
>>
>>43540778
PtL could be Experimental Interface if you plan to use R2-F2 every turn. That opens up space for VI/Crackshot/Wired.
>>
>>43539544
>Outside of rare hyperdrive-equipped starfighters, Imperial fighter jocks should always have a home carrier or airbase in the same star system.
You could also have them use hyperdrive rings. I don't think there's any canon instances of TIEs using them, but considering that their predecessors the Eta-2s and V-wings did, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that some TIE squadrons used them for special missions.
>>
>>43540998
Or, you know, they just used a Gozanti.
>>
>>43538535

It would eat up soooo much time but I have a fantasy of playing an Armada game and when fighters engage, we go into a separate game of X-wing to resolve it.

It would be similar to how me and my brothers used to play the old edition of Star Wars risk years ago where we would resolves combats for territories within games of Battlefront 2 on the xbox on the corresponding planet map in the game.
>>
File: 1446919045749.jpg (83 KB, 1249x686) Image search: [Google]
1446919045749.jpg
83 KB, 1249x686
>>43541096
Genuis
>>
>>43541048
That ship is an almost perfect mobile base. The only change I'd make to it is replace one of the TIEs with a "civilian" ship to use for black ops.
>>
>>43538192
Nah, Darth Vader is pretty cool if you ignore the expanded universe and prequels.
>>
>>43541048
Sure, but I figured that was covered by "home carrier or airbase."

If you wanted to send players on a TIE mission without carrier support, hyperdrive rings are the way to go.
>>
>>43541171
I actually kind of find it interesting, its the only PT spaceship that actually gets love past the movies. It deserves it mind you, Gorzanti is one hell of a nice ship.
>>
>>43541270

Or you could set it late enough in GCW that the PCs might rate some advanced, hyperspace capable craft
>>
>>43541270
Could just give them one of the many hyperdrive equipped variants.

For me though, I love the thought of a lone sneaky carrier dropping off Ties in a system before jumping out until the rendezvous time.
>>
>>43541300
>the only PT spaceship that actually gets love past the movies
Aside from all the Legends material featuring ARCs, Venators, and Acclamators, you mean? Then there was that one time Wedge fought Storm Commando capital ships while flying a Delta-7.

>>43541366
>a lone sneaky carrier dropping off Ties in a system before jumping out until the rendezvous time.
Alternately, assign them to a ship captained by a guy who has a boner for microjumps. It was one of the reasons why Warspite and her fighter complement made the Redemption scenario so infamous among the Rebels.
>>
>>43541319
Yep. The CR-90 is at the very end of RotS (it's actually the same one as in ANH).

The YT-1300 is a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in a spaceport on Coruscant in the same movie.
>>
>>43541402
Awesome, I didn't know about all that, I rather stopped with the Legends EU after the Vong. I'm certain you probably understand.

Though talking about Gorzantis now I rather want to use them with Twi'lek freedom fighters carrying Chir'dakis
>>
File: Char'daki.jpg (143 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
Char'daki.jpg
143 KB, 570x855
>>43541488
>Chir'dakis
The internet has ruined me.
This is the first thing I thought of.
>>
>>43535639
>It makes absolutely no fucking sense to make Anakin young again for that.

It makes perfect sense. Hayden Christensen as his Force Ghost of Anakin signals his restoration and reformation to the person he once was and in a ways washing away all the sins he committed as Vader via him bringing balance to the Force and killing the Emperor. In contrast Sebastian Shaw as his ghost in ROTJ would be more a symbol of healing as the wounds he incurred on Mustafar to become Vader disappear, but still leaving him aged.
>>
File: macho man force ghost.jpg (28 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
macho man force ghost.jpg
28 KB, 500x241
>>43541570
>symbolism
I think you're giving the writers a bit too much credit there.
>>
>>43541570
So you are saying he went back to being a creepy little selfish shit? As opposed to being the man he finally was that was actually willing to sacrifice something for someone else for a change?
>>
Guys I wanna play the old X-wing games on PC, should I get a joystick? If so, which one?
>>
Best rpg system for star wars?
>>
>>43541733

Depends on your needs
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 264x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 264x324
>>43541570
To me it symbolises a slap in the face of the original actor who gave Darth Vader a face.
>>
>>43541680
You just don't get it, don't you?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (256 KB, 1573x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
256 KB, 1573x1600
>try starting Splinter Of The Mind's Eye
>Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio
I can't do it. Not like this.

>>43541730
One with too few buttons, for that classic feel.
>>
>>43541986
1) He is dead. So he doesn't care.

2) Why should it be Shaw and not David Prowse. He was the one in the DV suit for must of the OT. Why does Shaw get more cred than the guy who was in all three movies?
>>
>>43542096
>Young David Prowse as Anakin Skywalker
>Old David Prowse as Darth Vader

We need a time machine, muscly Anakin is much much better than Skinny creep Anakin
>>
>>43542022
He said it how it is. Christensen's anakin was a cunt. That face is the one that murdered helpless children. The face that gave life to rescue his son has been wiped away.
>>
>>43542096
I still feel it's disrespectful. Lets just CGI away all the dead actors because apparently it doesn't matter.
>>
>>43542549
Does anyone have that depressing pic of star trek tos briefing room with all four officers in one pane and only Kirk in the next one?
>>
>>43542549
At least Christenssen played Anakin in two of the movies. I'd say it's preferable and less disrespectful to have him over a guy who just showed up in the last fifteen minutes of ROTJ.
>>
>>43542685
Go eat some midichlorians senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 964x1245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 964x1245
>>43542661
>>
>>43542794
Thank you.

Damn, man.
>>
>>43542685
I'll take 15 minutes of good performance over two movies of mediocre performance.
>>
What if kylo ren was a clone of Darth Vader who decided to finish what his "father" started?
>>
>>43542685
He did a shit job of it. Jar Jar was in three movies, let's just add him in, too!

Yes, that's a fucking strawman. Christensen sucked, and shouldn't have been added in.
>>
>>43542969
You, I like you.

SNAAAAAAAKE!
>>
File: BRRROOOOOOTHER.png (39 KB, 279x213) Image search: [Google]
BRRROOOOOOTHER.png
39 KB, 279x213
>>43542969
Then I hope he and Luke have a fistfight in Starkiller Base right next to or right above the internal mechanisms for its main gun.
>>
>>43542969
WOOOHHHOOOAAAAA
>>
>>43542993
I think it's also Lucas lacking good judgement when it comes to directions social interaction. Out of the original movies the first one is the one with the weakest character interaction.
>>
File: rex tcw.jpg (110 KB, 940x843) Image search: [Google]
rex tcw.jpg
110 KB, 940x843
>>43543062
>You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield. That's why you have to handle this mission yourself. How and where you make it, that's up to you. Now go, Lord Vader! Let the Legend come back to life!
>>
>>43543021
>>43543023
>>43543062
Man, I wasn't even consciously thinking of metal grear. Guess I walked right into that one
>>
>>43543240
SWMGS is our secret fetish.
>>
>>43543312
For a reckless definition of "secret", sure.
>>
>https://amp.twimg.com/v/fae3b8d3-1985-44e3-94c6-c82336b51528
>>
File: 1446634700325.png (442 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
1446634700325.png
442 KB, 640x358
>>43543312
>secret
Smh Senpai desu
I've ran a MGS Campaign in Saga Edition. Just let it in.
>>
>>43543312
I feel like MGSW would be a better acronym
>>
>>43542969
Weren't there rumors that Christensen was gonna show up?
>>
>>43543592
>MGS Themed
Missed a Keyword there
>>
>>43541096

I'm a fan of battles within battles. Using different systems for micro and macro scale.

There needs to be simplification, though. Teams might be given stock standard armaments and generic pilots for standardization and simplification, or special markers given to some that have a named character flight leader.

Also, this would have to be in someone's home, on a table that doesn't change much, probably with a whiteboard for keeping score, and played over one very long day or multiple days in increments.
>>
>>43543603
Good point, MGSW is much better.
>>43543592
>>43543592
Never said it was a well kept or unacceptable secret, its too much fun for that.

Also, any chance you will give us a rundown of your campaign?
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 232x217
>A WEAPON TO SURPASS THE METAL GEAR
>>
>>43543904
>wasteful military spending
>>
File: adam.jpg (86 KB, 1366x720) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
86 KB, 1366x720
Why am I laughing, /swg/?
>>
File: KOTORguide.jpg (242 KB, 598x665) Image search: [Google]
KOTORguide.jpg
242 KB, 598x665
>>43543958
Considering how technologically stagnated star wars seem I think it was worth it just to try something new
>>
File: 1446827264617.jpg (106 KB, 1044x457) Image search: [Google]
1446827264617.jpg
106 KB, 1044x457
They're burning would-be Jedis, right?
>>
>>43543975
Because you thought Anakin killed all the younglings
>>
>>43543985
the starforge or even centerpoint station were better uses of their resources
>>
I am now convinced Poe Dameron does not exist.
>>
>>43544069
Centerpoint station was built by Killiks.
>>
File: Malachor_V_Destroyed.jpg (18 KB, 437x273) Image search: [Google]
Malachor_V_Destroyed.jpg
18 KB, 437x273
>>43544069
Starforge and Centerpoint were made by ancient aliens though
The Death Star is good ol human engineering
>>
>>43543904
It's a hangar the size of a small moon with a weapon that destroyes planets. It's there to scare people into submission, not because it's practical.
>>
>>43543904
>>43543904
>>43544139
>>43543985
Making a dozen Eclipses instead of the Death Star would have been way better.
>>
>>43543724
It was a retelling of MGS1 and 2 with a StarWars skin. I'd storytime it if you'd like, but it might take awhile.
>>
>>43544250
It would make for a less fun movie. It was also conceived during the Cold War, so people were okay with the notion of doomsday weapons arms race.
>>
>>43544250
Based Moti.

It was Moti, right?
>>
>>43544366
Motti? The guy who got Force choked by Vader in A New Hope? He fucking loved the Death Star. Thought it was invulnerable.
>>
>>43544414
I thought death star was Tarkin's idea. Moti was choked for mocking Vader's reverence for Force
>>
>>43544466
It was Tarkin's idea, but Motti still liked it. The choking had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>43542096
>Why should it be Shaw and not David Prowse. He was the one in the DV suit for must of the OT. Why does Shaw get more cred than the guy who was in all three movies?

Because Davis Prowse is actually a pretty bad actor and didn't contribute anything to the character beyond his intimidating size. They replaced him with Shaw for the unmasking scene because they wanted an experienced actor for such an emotional moment.

In Empire and Return of the Jedi, they actually put the stunt choreographer in the Vader costume to film the lightsaber duels because Prowse kept fucking up and breaking the props.
>>
>>43542549

Just going to Stalin-esque erase people from history with carefully doctored photos.
>>
>>43543975

>Do you Katarn?
>>
>>43544108
Where did R5-P9 touch you?
>>
File: Uglies_zps7cca3d31.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Uglies_zps7cca3d31.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
How would you do Uglies in X-Wing?

Just stat them as Scum equivalents like Chir'daki being Scyk and Y-Ties being pirate Y-Wings or Z95s or something?
>>
>>43543975
At a glance it looks like it's Aiden "Small guy" Gillan
>>
>>43544861
Funny you bring this up, I was trying to come up with a point-system for custom ships while failing to sleep last night.

Best I've got so far is like this:

>ships start at 0 points with 1 in each stat
>pay the increment for each increment (so if you wanted ATK3 it'd be 5pts)
>you get 13 white moves (no Koiogran/Segnor/Tallons). Changing a move to green costs a point, red moves don't cost anything but they don't count against the 13-move cap.
>All ships get focus for free (you can lose it to gain a point) and one other free action, but actions cost a point after that
>ships come with a free mod slot, upgrade slots are a half a point each (round down if final cost isn't an integer)
>PS is 1pt per, having a pilot ability is 1pt
>>
>>43544979
Also, ships HAVE to cost at least 12pts.
>>
File: they both suck.jpg (40 KB, 800x417) Image search: [Google]
they both suck.jpg
40 KB, 800x417
>>43543975
Lenny gets a gig
>>
>>43541856
Not him, but explain?
>>
>>43543975
>The queen has cursed this land!
>Weselton! It's Weselton!
>>
Are there any good only 3 A-wing lists? Just bought one today and used it in a twin A-wing+Y-wing and a HWK list. Now im curious if there are any good builds for 3 A-wings
>>
>>43545198
Generally they don't do enough damage to run them solely, unlike Interceptors.

That said, you can probably pile PtL+whatever on Tycho and Jake and run them with Prockets.
>>
File: Deathraven 1_zpsyoqeuond.jpg (145 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Deathraven 1_zpsyoqeuond.jpg
145 KB, 800x600
>>43544979
>>43545005

Tried it out yet, write up a document for it? See if you can stat out ships for it and see if they match what's out already. Might be we're unravelling their own formula for how they stat up ships.

I'd be fine if it's a point or two overcosted for uglies. They're not meant to hold their own against standard fighters, and if they're as cheap as TIEs then quantity gives them a value of their own. I would like to see some standardized homebrew stats for the more common uglies, though.
>>
>the hidden smile you get when the participation prize is the one crew card you wanted to buy in an X-wing expansion.

Played my very first games of X-wing yesterday. I lost two games, won two games, and now I am probably addicted.

Got a question about how Push the limit BB8 Poe Dameron works. In short is this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WK83pDdkg ) legit?

In detail can Poe activate BB-8's free barrel roll action by revealing a green maneuver, immediately push the limit to get a stressed free action after the free BB-8 barrel roll, complete his green maneuver clearing the PTL free action's stress, then use a regular activation phase action getting a total of three stress less actions?
>>
>>43545473
Haven't tried it yet, I literally just came up with it at 3am last night.
>>
>>43543975

Because once again the 'Luke is Kylo Ren' people are proven to be idiots?

>>43544019

Without Midichlorian tests, everyone is a potential Jedi!

>>43544366
>>43544414
>>43544466
>>43544492

It was based Tagge who questioned the Death Star and wanted to put more faith in the starfleet. Which is why he gets promoted to Grand General by Palpatine after the Yavin fiasco in the new Marvel comics.
>>
>>43545198
Any three A-Wing list is either going to run them cheap as prototype blockers with chardan (15pts each), or run greens with two EPTs and Autothrusters, possibly with Prockets or some kind of missile. Or will be an Ace list with Tycho and Jake and whoever, that makes up for the low end damage with EPTs like Outmaneuver or Predator, and/or missiles of some kind.

In most cases, you can run three As with somehing else just fine. But generally they rely on their missile slot to have hit hard against whatever their 2dice won't work against.
>>
>>43545473
The official formula actually was deconstructed way back when, but it hasn't really applied past Wave 2 or 3 and it seems that they do a lot of play-test cost tweaking so any formula we found wouldn't necessarily hold up.
>>
>>43545198
>>43545550

What about 3 A-wing aces and a hard hitter of somekind?
>>
>>43545085

One of these days, I'll save that flow chart.

Basically, depending on what you want out of your game, you should pick different systems, they do different things. If you like d20, and you want big heroic PCs who do big things (especially Jedi), SWSE is pretty good - it also has support for stuff like KOTOR or Legacy. WEG is supposed to be solid if you don't want to play Jedi or like d20, and like the earlier eras of EU. FFG system is great if you like a more cinematic play, especially for the OT-era stuff. And it actually balances Force and non-Force PCs pretty well, but you have to get used to the dice system and handle it's quirks with stuff like space combat (especially fighters) and if you want to play outside of IV-VI era, you have to make up a decent amount of your own stuff.
>>
>>43545580
I am about to join a WEG game. What sort of quirks can I expect to see from the system itself?
>>
What's a good place to watch Rebels?

I'd rather stream than download.
>>
>>43545625
Have you tried googling it?
>>
>>43545578
I meant Two A-wings also What is a PtL?
>>
>>43545517

I would love to see what comes of it if you decide to type it up.

I am also kind of impressed with how efficient this spread of uglies is. Normally, kitbashing leaves extra bits lying around, but here it seems like every piece of the ships is used just like how the Native Americans built starfighter.

You put in:
>1 Y-Wing
>1 X-Wing
>1 TIE Fighter
>1 TIE Interceptor
And you get out:
>1 Y-TIE
>1 X-ceptor
>1 TYE-Wing
>1 Chir'daki

>>43545560

Well, it's something we have as a basic framework, and playtesting can knead out the bugs and tighten down the build-rules. I'm sure some anons would be happy to playtest the ugly system and offer suggestions. We might even be able to make a version of the ugly generator for X-Wing if we tried hard enough.

>>43545705

Push the Limit. Pretty good card for stress if I've gathered right.
>>
>>43544979
So... For a Z-95, it'd be 8pts for stats, +4 for green maneuvers, +1 for PS 2 Bandit, total 13 on your setup (+1pt over standard).

An X would be 14 for stats, +4 for green maneuvers, +1 for PS 2 rookie, +0 for astromech (1/2 round down, for total of 19pts.

I'm thinking it might need to be a full point for each upgrade beyond the first, with certain upgrades definitely worth a point regardless.

Also, B Wings end up with 24 pts out of stats alone, so res maneuvers have to count for something.
>>
>>43545674
Found about 20 websites, all with the videos dead.

>>43545705
PtL is short for Push The Limit, an Elite upgrade that lets the pilot make an extra action in exchange for getting a stress token. Very good on Interceptors and A-Wings.
>>
>>43543699
>>43541096
I'm incredibly interested in this, but I agree simplification is absolutely necessary
would the health of a squadron in Armada correspond to the number of fighters during combat? if so there'd have to be a certain engagement zone for these combats to take place, like say 2 TIE squadrons engage an X-Wing Squadron they should be resolved at the same time
maybe the squadrons could be the PS4/3 generics for the ships? if this is the case the X-wing has a huge advantage over a squadron of TIEs without fire support from a capital ship
>>
>>43545491
>In detail can Poe activate BB-8's free barrel roll action by revealing a green maneuver, immediately push the limit to get a stressed free action after the free BB-8 barrel roll, complete his green maneuver clearing the PTL free action's stress, then use a regular activation phase action getting a total of three stress less actions?
Yes he can! All part of Poe being a fucking baller. Used that setup today, makes him as unpredictable as a Phantom.
>>
>>43545753
That's funny, it gets the actual predicted MathWing costs for X/B-Wings as opposed to the FFG costs.

I wonder if hull/shield costing needs to be a little different, because it seems like that's what's bumping the B up.

Also, green 2-forward should probably be part of the free starting maneuvers, since EVERY ship has it.
>>
>>43545864

Shields could be taken out of the equation, or mitigated to a degree. These are uglies we're talking about. They could spend their Modification on a Shield Upgrade if they want janky shields, although some have it naturally from their base components.
>>
>>43545753
Missing the torp slot on the X-wing?
OH, that's what I forgot to mention.

You can remove a /white/ maneuver entirely to get a point back, so adding a red maneuver to that slot doesn't cost more. With that, the B-Wing ends up at:

>5pts for atk
>5pts for hull
>14pts for shield
>1pt for extra action
>2pts for upgrade bar(system, torp, torp, cannon)
>5pts for maneuvers

32pts for a PS1, which is grossly overcosted.

Maybe we can drop hull/shield costs to 2pts/per, which is:

>5pts for atk
>4pts for hull
>8pts for shield
>1pt for extra action
>2pts for upgrade bar(system, torp, torp, cannon)
>5pts for maneuvers

25pts for a PS1 B-Wing, which isn't out of the realm of uglies.
>>
>>43546095
Now let's try an Interceptor.

>5pts for attack
>5pts for agility
>4pts for hull
>2pts for extra actions
>dial has 14 white maneuvers, so can't quite do it, but it's 7pts of green

Hmm, maybe hull at 1pt/per, shields at 2pts/per
>>
>>43545858
>Yes he can! All part of Poe being a fucking baller. Used that setup today, makes him as unpredictable as a Phantom.
Yesssssss. He was hands down the top pilot of my list, and everyone but one expert player I flew him against didn't believe the BS Poe was able to pull off.
>>
>>43545744
>tie-wing with essentially a dollar sign on the wing
>>
how's imperial assault?
>>
>>43546321
pretty gud

I'm waiting for TFA sets. I want some flame thrower troopers!
>>
Is munitions failsafe a good upgrade for a single ace A-wing running some proton rockets or other rockets?
>>
>>43546562
Not when Autothrusters exists.
>>
>>43546562
>failsafe
>on 5 dice proton rockets
>>
>>43546562
Munitions Failsafe works best with shit like Flechette Torpedoes because its effect doesn't care about hitting. Prockets have a VERY high chance of hitting, and they're best used against a ship with 0-2 evade die. If you have a reasonable chance of missing you're shooting at the wrong target.
>>
>>43546264

CREDIT CREDIT CHITS Y'ALL

PEW PEW JINK JINK MOTHA-JUKKA
>>
I want to do a "Man from UNCLE"-style short campaign set during the Clone Wars. The gist of it is that the plans for a CIS superweapon (which just happens to be the proto-DS we see in AotC) gets stolen by a Republic Spec Ops team, who proceed to go rogue and team up with a rogue member/faction of the CIS. They are determined to sell the services of this planet killer to the highest bidder.

Que the two intelligence communities of the Republic and the CIS freaking out and coming across the table to make a joint task force to recapture the superweapon and defeat the big bad behind it. The briefing also comes with the caveat that they must retrieve it for their respective masters at all costs.

So /tg/, would you play it?

And how does a battle aboard a CIS capital ship equipped with one of the DS' superlasers sound as a finale idea?
>>
>>43546562
Keep munitions for ships that aren't using that mod slot, but are taking torp/missile ordnance. Like Zs, or B-Wings like Nera, etc.
>>
File: prime time players.jpg (73 KB, 543x361) Image search: [Google]
prime time players.jpg
73 KB, 543x361
>>43547007
MILLIONS OF CREDITS
MILLIONS OF CREDITS
MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF CREDITS
>>
>>43547248
>And how does a battle aboard a CIS capital ship equipped with one of the DS' superlasers sound as a finale idea?

Isn't this just the Malevolence?
>>
In X-Wing, would Turr Phennir's free mobility or Carnor Jax evade stopping be better at combating a fat han set up?
>>
Will there be post Force Awakens material for the RPG?
>>
File: Sun_Crusher-NEGWT.jpg (149 KB, 600x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Crusher-NEGWT.jpg
149 KB, 600x1024
>>43548577
probably not for a year or two after release at least
And theres a fair chance never for the current Fantasy Flight rpgs they might opt for a new set rather than just a new splat book to try to jam it in
>>
>>43548577
Probably. In what form? Nobody knows. Could be as little as a handful of items/gear/species statted out, could be supplements or even a core dedicated to it.
>>
>>43548464
Carnor Jax has the edge against a Fat Han. Turr Phenir wins out against things without turrets, and a lower PS, as he can arc-dodge after shooting.
>>
>>43548658
I wish that the small cover version of the sun crusher was the real one. that one does not even look very imperial
>>
>>43548714

I thought as much but I just thought I may have been underestimating the chasing power of Turr, but thanks.
>>
File: Explain Further.jpg (61 KB, 648x535) Image search: [Google]
Explain Further.jpg
61 KB, 648x535
>>43548719
>the small cover version of the sun crusher
>>
File: Sun_Crusher.jpg (118 KB, 652x542) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Crusher.jpg
118 KB, 652x542
>>43548840
this one right here.

not really that big on the cover, but I like it for a few reasons:
>saw it first and was a mystery ship
>fits imperial design closer
>makes more sense as a torpedo launcher array with that pointy tube up front
>allows turrets more coverage, since that was one of it's main defenses before the super dense armor
>looks menacing
>>
>>43548956
That looks even less imperial than the Icecream cone ship. At least the Icecream Cone has imperial looking doors and stuff.
>>
>>43548956
I agree, I like this one better, it has on old school Asimov feel to it.
>>
>>43549080
Tricky ting with that image is that it is only 2 inches wide.
>>
>>43546167
The higher your agility the more you pay for each point of Hull and Shields. Adding 1 point of Hull to a Y-Wing would cost less than adding 1 point of Hull to a Tie Fighter since the Tie is likely to get significantly more value out of it.
>>
>>43549203

Makes sense, slow ships paying less for armor and fast ships paying out the nose for it.
>>
>>43549203
So, do the agility value first, then pay A points for each h/s point, where A is the final agility value?
>>
http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/350133/test Sort of stumped on what to add with the 20 points. Maybe change the HWKs Blaster to a TLT and add a Z-95? Or remove the X-wing and make it Luke with R2D2. I'm working with a limited selection of things for the upcoming tourrnament. Limited by my own collection(Orignal Starter,Rabble Aces,Two A-wings,Falcon,Headhunter,K-wing,HWK-290,Y-wing) Any ideas what kind of shenanigans i could do with the selection of ships i have? I AM planning to get Rebel Transport set a few days before the tournament so any shenanigans included in there is good too. Or a BB8 since i got one for free.
>>
Do you think anyone would care if I used the T-65 X-wing (X-wing core game X-wing) as a proxy for a Red Squadron Veteran T-70 X-wing (The Force Awakens core game X-wing)?

I have the cards, bases, and even the minis. But I just want to use the old X-wing, because I like having a red paint job for a red squadron ship; and because the color scheme fits in with the other rebel ships I want to use in the list (K-wing, rebel aces B-wing).
>>
>>43550962
Nobody will care if it's non-Tournament, unless they've got a stick up their ass. It's against the rules otherwise.
>>
>>43551040
>proxies are against the rules
What the fuck's up with that?
>>
>>43551040
Thanks, so now I'm wagering on my opponent's autism being less severe than my own autistic need to fly similar paint scheme/era star fighters.
>>
>>43551358
you could wait for the new expansion to hit, and repaint the T-70 to the red scheme
>>
File: Black-X-Wing.jpg (65 KB, 944x620) Image search: [Google]
Black-X-Wing.jpg
65 KB, 944x620
>>43551393
I might just end up doing just that, since I already plan on getting the T-70 expansion. Although, if I end up attempting a repaint, Poe's black and orange T-70 looks really cool too.
>>
>>43551533
if Disney has a say, they will make it available
>>
File: rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg (856 KB, 1050x976) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron bacta war colors.jpg
856 KB, 1050x976
>>43551568
>tfw still no glorious Bacta War T-65s
>>
>>43551568
It's probably going to be bundled in with an epic ship. Keeps it from being too common, especially in a single person's list, and gets people to be more willing to fork over for an epic ship if they'd otherwise not.
>>
>>43551634
start hammering the mouse for it. If enough are willing to pay, they'll lovingly craft it
>>
File: galm team3.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
galm team3.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>43551721
>start hammering the mouse for it
I doubt that there are enough Rogue Squadron fans left in this world to convince FFG to churn out an entire Bacta War set, especially given the T-65's current status in the meta. A pair of custom Wedge/Luke T-65s would probably be more financially feasible, but the problem is that only Wedge ever flew with a custom paint job in Legends.
>>
>>43544979
Hull & shields end up undercosted on agility 3 ship by this method

3 attk, 3 agi, 1 hull, 2 shields is just 12pts for stats
>>
File: Really, REALLY.gif (998 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
Really, REALLY.gif
998 KB, 500x264
>>43545625
No idea, I thought I saw it on Netflix or Hulu recently, but I checked and it's not actually there. Which sucks because clone wars *is* there on netflix.
>>
>>43551809

We've been hammering it out. Looks like Hull and Shield is going to get cheaper for ships with low AGI and more expensive for ships with high AGI.
>>
>>43551652
Fortunately if it's a TFA huge ship I expect I won't give a shit about it.

If they really wanted my money they'd release a damn Gunboat.
>>
>>43551809
>>43551970
Unfortunately with "pay A per h/s point" this doesn't really change.
>>
>>43552324

Mel Miniatures, my friend. Not sure, but that one might have a tentative stat card already.
>>
>>43552486
I can give you 8:1 odds that Mel's statcards are shit, 15:1 that an FFG model would be vastly superior (and save me the pitfalls of being shit at painting), and 14:1 that it wouldn't be playable due to locals being retarded about non-official stuff.
>>
>>43552539

Never tell me the odds.
>>
>>43545491
I've tried that, it was fun.

I prefer R5-P9 on Poe though. Using that focus that you camp all combat for a free shield is pretty awesome.

BB-8 is awesome on Blue Ace. You can basically turn around in place.
>>
how is the community on TTS for xwing? i'm scared of people that are autistic enough to put up with tts to play.
>>
>>43553061
>I prefer R5-P9 on Poe though. Using that focus that you camp all combat for a free shield is pretty awesome.
It looks amazing on paper, but I'm wary of buying any of the epic ships.

>"BB-8 is awesome on Blue Ace. You can basically turn around in place."

>Immediately pulls out the T-70 mini, dial, and maneuver templates.
>Checks firing arcs
>Yoooooooooooooooooo
>Starts writing BB-8 Blue ace into lists.
>>
>>43553504
>It looks amazing on paper, but I'm wary of buying any of the epic ships.

I just played Poe with R5-P9, autothrusters, and VI yesterday in an event.

The T-70 can arc dodge well, so Poe's generally not getting hit every turn, and basically getting a shield back each turn keeps you topped off.
>>
File: kyloford.jpg (267 KB, 1863x933) Image search: [Google]
kyloford.jpg
267 KB, 1863x933
>>
>>43554157
I guess they were going for "bad smudge tool" when they did casting.
>>
>>43553273
Just use VASSAL.
>>
>>43554157

Plot Twist: All the new characters are Han Solo's children.
>>
>>43554859

Even BB-8.
>>
>>43554859
>>43554891
And the new TIE variant
>>
>>43554859
So is Chewie their mother?
>>
File: Bespin Tibanna.jpg (74 KB, 547x800) Image search: [Google]
Bespin Tibanna.jpg
74 KB, 547x800
>>43554859
Someone dodged that fatherhood bullet!
>>
>>43554891
R2D2: Bee-dooo beep
Han: I know
[Han lights up a deathstick and puts his arm around the droid.]
>>
Anyone playing a good campaign of the RPG? Stories to share?
>>
>>43556046
I'm running a game for my crew using GURPS, only OT and Thrawn Trilogy cannon. They're new Jedi just discovering the "Phantom Meance" of the Clone Masters trying to take control of the Galactic Senate. Story time incoming.
>>
Can people give advice on whether my build will be too strong? This isn't shadowrun, I don't want to be destroying everything. Starting drall marauder, 4 brawn 4 int, going into doctor for pressure points then once I have the xp force sensitive exile, gambler and gadgeteer.

The idea is to have a riot shield and just run up and punch people in the face for brawn+ranks in medicine strain ignoring soak.
>>
>>43556143
The whole Pressure point thing, its pretty much cheese when people focus around it.
Against droids, vehicles and probably very heavy carapace types of armour I'd more or less say it does nothing. That and being a midget I'd probably need someone knocked on their arse before you could do it to some species unless you're sinking teeth into their groin or something horrible.

As a long suffering GM, I'd also wonder why 'marauder' for such an intellectual species would have happened and expect some kind of exceptional back-story.
>>
File: clip (2015-06-10 at 06.30.55).png (1 MB, 2100x2400) Image search: [Google]
clip (2015-06-10 at 06.30.55).png
1 MB, 2100x2400
I'm making a character for an EoTE game and they're supposed to be a sneaky infiltrator fucker. However, the actual spy infiltrator specialzation is full of melee ninja shit, and very little about infiltration (unless it's the 'nobody can see you if they're dead') kind, not counting the skillset it gives you.

How do I make a sneaky infiltrator person in EoTE, if I wanted Stealth and Deception as class skills and talents that aren't for facebeaters?
>>
>>43553504
The hard 1 is white not green
>>
>>43556986
Well Infiltrator/spy is AoR, its a bit different.
You want EotE sneaky fucker- you want the Smuggler Thief career, its actually a pretty all-round awesome line for what it gives you.
>>
>>43556986
The Thief tree in Smuggler career is more for a stealthy, sneaky type than an assassin ninja type.
>>
File: robot tiddies.png (1 MB, 736x1102) Image search: [Google]
robot tiddies.png
1 MB, 736x1102
>>43557033
>>43557071

I forgot to mention that all books (other than the jedi one) are open for this.

For being a sneaky fucker, would I want a 4 in Agility, or can I spread that out to three 3 characteristics instead? It's really hard to judge.
>>
I want to know why people play Siths like complete edgelords, holy shit.
>>
File: EotEStealth.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
EotEStealth.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43557091
Here's a quick infiltrator stealthy Smuggler/Thief build for EotE that might work for you.

No gear or Obligation/Duty stuff added. Just stats, skills and talents.
>>
File: EotEStealthBothan.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
EotEStealthBothan.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43557165
Also, if you want to game the system even more towards stealthy, thiefy, infiltrator character, pick Bothan instead of, say, Human.

They're a bit shittier in combat, though.
>>
>>43557097
There's plenty of ways to play a bad guy without being a nihilistic, fedora-tipping asshole. Unfortunately, most require the player to be semi-imaginative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ9WT6yKcGs
>>
>>43557097

Mostly because being a Sith is being a pretty damn edgelord guy.

You can be a Dark Jedi without being a Sith (See: The Imperial Inquisitors) and that tends to come with a lot less edgelord baseline.
>>
>>43557274
>>43557165
These are helpful. Thanks.
>>
>>43557443
Maybe my interpretation of the Sith code is flawed. We are playing an empire campaign in the Old Republic era. My Sith tank is ruthless, but not exactly edgy. For example we took over a republic outpost, and found some civilians inside. My character left them alone, because they weren't exactly a worthy opponent, and killing them wouldn't have improved his skills. Meanwhile my other Sith companion zapped them for shit and giggles.
>>
>>43557566
The Sith code is all about using the Force and Dark Side to become stronger.
Nothing about the code advocates for either being or not being an edgelord.
>>
>>43557639

A lot of it, at least according to new canon, is also about a fear of death and it's complete rejection.

It's part of why the Inquisitor in Rebels wasn't a Sith. He was capable of imagining something worse than death.
>>
File: Mr Stinky.jpg (169 KB, 627x931) Image search: [Google]
Mr Stinky.jpg
169 KB, 627x931
>>43557165
>>43557274
Falleen could be an interesting choice if he wanted to go into more of a 'Face' role later on as a 2nd career.
The species pheromones for 2-strain giving a full upgrade to Charm, Deception or Negotiation is pretty sweet. Otherwise Human is generally a pretty easy way of getting a fairly versatile character right off the bat with the 2 free skills
>>
>>43557443
Nothing wrong in playing a Sith in itself. It all depends on how you play the character.

For example, you if you'd play a character who manipulates politics in the shadows, engineering a galactic war, the extermination of the Jedi, and rise of your Empire with your apprentice. Someone who has reasonable goals, solid plans, and skills to execute them. I wouldn't call that character edgy.

However, if you'd play a super angry warrior named Savage Oppress whose only goal is to angrily butcher civilians and kill both Jedi and Sith, and to seek out even angrier cyborg brother, then I'd call that edgelord of the Sith.
>>
http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/350340/testfing Made a thing. Gonna try it soon. I feel this list lacks enough bite but Han with all the rerolls/Changing things to hits might be pretty good at causing damage. A-wings are there to block or be annoying.
>>
>>43557679
What's the consensus? 4/3/2/2/2/2 or 3/3/3/2/2/2 when it comes to characteristics?
>>
>>43557338
Hondo is the best.
>>
File: Eye-Frank_Herbert.jpg (28 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
Eye-Frank_Herbert.jpg
28 KB, 316x475
Are Dune stories a good inspiration for space trade type campaigns in (FFG) Star Wars games?

Im thinking of picking up pic related somewhere for some examples of space trade intrigue.
>>
Does any anon have a copy of the PDF for Death Watch and Mando Peacekeeper rules for the FFG RPG? Would be greatly appreciative if someone could link it.
>>
>>43559101
Well, Dune does do the fantasy-leaning SciFi with assorted melee weapons. So you can probably scrounge up something there. It may be a bit high level though for Edge of the Empire, as you're looking at the Imperial crown being juggled around as people gamble with all of humanity's FTL capacity, amongst other things.

I have no idea about Herbert's none-Dune books. Judging by the cover there'll be some similarities though.
>>
>>43559086
I wonder if he's talking about Obi-wan, Ashoka or those younglings.
>>
>>43559867
I think Obi-Wan. They had a good back and forth in TCW.
>>
>>43557802
If you plan to use Marksmanship often you don't really need Luke. I recommend this: https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!86:18,72:7:15:U.27;36:12,-1,21,-1:2:-1:;32:72:-1:15:
>>
Tfw love the E-wing in XWM but it's so flawed like in the EU
>>
>>43560209
What is wrong with it?
>>
File: hk_assassin_droid.png (216 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
hk_assassin_droid.png
216 KB, 300x465
>>43546321
I really like Imperial Assault. Campaign mode is a lot of fun and getting more variety as expansions are released. Skirmish mode is getting deeper and more competitive with every expansion.

With the next wave, I can't decide if I'm more excited for the HK Assassin Droids (pic related) or Leia.
>>
File: T70XWing-Fathead.png (1 MB, 2652x1573) Image search: [Google]
T70XWing-Fathead.png
1 MB, 2652x1573
Goddamn is the T-70 sexy. Like a more polished design of the starfighter we all know and love.

Also that paint job.
>>
>>43560630
I honestly just wish it didn't have the weird front-back split on the s-foils.
>>
>>43560647

It's growing on me. It fits together more seamlessly instead of sandwiching the the wings together. I'll admit it's a little weird, but it seems in keeping with this design being a sleeker, lighter, more agile beast than its old reliable predecessor. Same with how those engines are how halves that fit together into a whole.

Gives me the impression of a larger, better Z95 with a couple of extra guns. A Bengal Tiger to the T-65's Siberian.
>>
>>43560630
BB-8 is still a fucking stupid design
>>
File: 28efbb152a_532x600.jpg (135 KB, 532x600) Image search: [Google]
28efbb152a_532x600.jpg
135 KB, 532x600
>>43560703
If it works in real life why wouldn't it work in a space fantasy?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.