[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: 1446694254449.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446694254449.png
1 MB, 1024x768
No General Up At 4:28am Edition

Links:

>Rules databases

https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

https://kickass.to/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Novels Archive

https://mega.co.nz/#F!vAQkADhB!1RaGDBHigHrd67SvpGHlEw

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V5.pdf

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

FAQ’s
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
File: 1440020172335.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1440020172335.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>tfw you find a post on a miniwargaming club in your area
>from 2009

The search continues.
>>
>>43531344
They have a lot of different units, but the internal balance is pretty bad (1/6 HQs is actually good for example)
>>
File: ordinatus.png (23 KB, 1269x575) Image search: [Google]
ordinatus.png
23 KB, 1269x575
Anybody buy the White Dwarf 91 issue? Well in it, it had a two page 'article' on the Ordinatus engine. It even said it was out to buy. So I went to FW and looked around and it wasn't there. So I emailed them and asked. Got this reply.

I basically asked "has it been delayed for a reason or something? IA14 maybe ;)"

But they didn't give anything away. Shame. When is Doom of Myrema Second Edition due out with the Siege Leviathan Dreadnought and shit? I'm surprised there si no IA14 out either.
>>
>>43531763
>Ordinatus engine
i googled it....

I want to know more about how I can lose friends and make enemies
>>
Posting a planned 1850 Eldar list. I'm hoping it has a decent chance of winning, without being a miserable experience. Gotta hit hard since it can't take hits amazingly well.

++Combined Arms Detachment++

+ HQ (130pts) +

Farseer (130pts) [Skyrunner, Spirit Stone]

+ Elites (335pts) +

5x Wraithguard (335pts) [D-Scythes, Wave Serpent (Holo-Fields, Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Catapults)]

+Troops (374pts)+

10x Storm Guardians (110pts) [2x Fusion Gun]

3x Windriders (81pts) [Scatter Laser]

3x Windriders (81pts) [Scatter Laser]

3x Windriders (51pts) [Shuriken Catapult]

3x Windriders (51pts) [Shuriken Catapult]

+Fast Attack (96pts)+

6x Swooping Hawks (96pts)

+Heavy Support+

Falcons (130pts) [Brightlance, Twin-linked shuriken catapults]

+Lord of War+

Wraithknight (310pts) [Ghostglaive/Scattershield, Scatter Laser]

++Formation++

Aspect Host (471pts) [+1 Ballistic Skill]
5x Dark Reapers (148pts) [Exarch (RL/Starshot]
6x Fire Dragons (142pts) [Exarch (Fusion Gun)]
9x Warp Spiders (181pts) [Exarch (Death Spinner)]
>>
Can I have my fliers at different heights on there stilt?

I have 4 land speeders and I think it is kind of boring with them all at the same height or just two and two. maybe even tilting a little.

They just look so rigid for something meant to be hovering...
>>
>>43531905
I guess you saw the rules? Like 1150 points for a massive template that does S3-SD (depending on unit type) with AP1 (no armour saves by anybody) with Instant Death.

That Garg Creature? SD AP1 Instant Death. That MC? S8 AP1 Instant Death. That Infantry? S3 AP1 Instant Death. Tau Tidewall? SD AP1 Instant Death.

It just deletes things.
>>
>>43532191
They can, but some would accuse you of WAACfaggotry to get better LoS. If they tell you that just go "Well I'm easier to hit now, so it's even".
>>
>>43532258

>wraithknight takes unsaved wound from this
>takes D3 wounds, each of which does D3 more wounds
>>
>>43531763
>>43532258

As a newer player who has only gotten up to 1250 points I can't fathom the game someone would allow such a thing in.
>>
Is it me or as FW and GW website reverted to mobile by default?
>>
>>43532281

But if I have better LoS of them don't they have better sight of me too?

Probably just wont mess with them then...
>>
Chapter Tactics: Raptors (Forgeworld Chapter Tactics, Badab War)

HQ: Lias Issodon (Forgeworld Characters for Badab War) 175

Troops:
- 10-man tactical squad, Grav-gun, Combi-grav, Grav-Cannon, Auspex: 205
- 10 man tactical squad, Grav-gun, Combi-grav, Auspex : 170
- 10 man tactical squad, Grav-gun, Combi-grav, Auspex: 170

Heavy Support:
- 10 man devastator squad, 4 Missile Launchers: 200
- 1 Vindicator: 120 points

Elite
- 3-man Dreadnought Squad 300 points
- 5-man terminator squad: Hammers & storm shields: 225 points

Allies:
- 1 Callidus Assassin, 145 points

Transports:
Rhino, extra storm bolter: 40 points

So far I've tabled three people with this list. In the last one I went up against a Grey Knight player who was nearly crying when I told him that he needed to roll a 7 to bring his warlord on the table.

I do think it needs to be said that space marine players need to get used to throwing grenades and assaulting whenever doing so is beneficial. I run this list like proper "Reasonable Marines". Combat squad EVERYTHING, spread out, Infiltrate 99% of the entire army to counter enemy deployment, and stay in cover.

My first game today was also against Scions. Every, single, time, he deep striked a squad. I threw a frag grenade and charged. They suck a lot in melee. If they were spread out, I throw Krak Grenades to enjoy a single shot with AP4 on the charge.
>>
File: REMOVE FISHES.jpg (67 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE FISHES.jpg
67 KB, 600x620
>>43532337
This is more, I think.
>>
>>43532383
That's what I said. If they complain just go "Well I'm easier to shoot now".

Just do some minor stuff, or make scenic bases.
>>
>>43532347

it was doing that for me too, then I noticed the price were in the british pound and I set it back to Murica and everything good now
>>
>>43532470

Haven't had to go against a knight yet thank god.
>>
>>43532554
They're not as scary as you think. When you see a knight, focus it down on turn 1 with all your anti-tank, and be sure to get your units on the other board quadrants moving up ASAP to get a surround on it.

It's your opponent's job to get his knight in melee with your army, so don't let him. Keep as much difficult terrain between you and it as possible(It can only move 6" through difficult, and difficult stops it dead in its tracks if it tries to go 12").

Cover won't stop it from charging, but you also shouldn't be afraid to sacrifice a cheap unit to it to distract it for a round. Rhinos, Conscripts, maybe even a 5-man tactical if you're feeling frisky. But don't feed it anything that it'll lock combat with unless you have extreme numbers like with Levees, Conscripts, or Cultists.

If you find yourself facing multiple knights, be ready to sacrifice things on turn 2 to delay. Combat squad everything you have, and SPREAD THE FUCK OUT. You need to FOCUS ONE AT A TIME.
>>
>>43532258
No I wasn't able to find the rules.... think this blows vortex deathstrike missles out of the water?
>>
>>43532258

>a massive template that does S3-SD

And probably hits itself and the army it belongs to on the table at that.
>>
File: the_leper_by_mentat0209-d7libc1.jpg (800 KB, 1024x1492) Image search: [Google]
the_leper_by_mentat0209-d7libc1.jpg
800 KB, 1024x1492
>>43532392
you have done well purging the enemies of man but maybe it's time to turn it down since you seem to be slaughtering everyone
>>
>>43532663
>It can only move 6" through difficult
Unlike GC, SHW got a FAQ that allows them to double the distance rolled when moving in difficult
>>
File: 1445464860365.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1445464860365.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>43532664
Here's the rules for the gun
>>
File: DreadKingDakka.png (1 MB, 594x892) Image search: [Google]
DreadKingDakka.png
1 MB, 594x892
>>43532663

I am the Dread Mob player from the last thread. I do not have the Knights stats on hand but I dont think my Rokkits or Grootzookas would scratch it enough.

My 15 Lootas we have to get pretty darn lucky too.
>>
>>43532663
>It can only move 6" through difficult, and difficult stops it dead in its tracks if it tries to go 12"
Per ITC FAQ a Superheavy Walker gets to roll 3d6, pick the highest, and double it when moving through terrain. Just sayin'.
>>
>>43532733
Yea, I need to stop bringing ultra-competitive lists all the time. People will start learning to counter these shennanigans when it comes time for the Raptors to enter a tournament.

Usually if I want to play "Casual", I'll run something along these lines:

> 100 Marines
> Some random chapter master from my box. I've got like 6 different guys, each one with a name on their base.
> 3 Dreadnoughts
> Various equipment to fill out whatever points I have leftover.

>>43532845
AV: 13 12 11, HP5(I think, might be 6), 4+ invuln against whatever the majority of your shooting is coming from. Your rokkits can hurt it decently enough, but your Lootas will be needing 5s and 6s, so they're shit out of luck except to whittle down the damn thing over too great of a time.

If you're running Dread Mob, I would actually advise you to get a good bulk of your Dreads in melee with the knight ASAP. S10 melee attacks can bring one down pretty quickly.

>>43532826
>>43532901
Okay, that's important information for me to know, though that's a tournament ruling. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go up against a knight.
>>
>>43532845
Orks take Meganobz for knights. Hope he whiffs on the D sword. Such is life.
>>
>>43532952
MegaNobz are a bad trade with Knights, and it's all moot if he brings the Thermal Cannon. Damn, come to think of it Orks really are shafted when it comes to Knights. On the other hand I think a Stompa could pretty easily threaten knights at shooting.

But I've never been impressed by Stompas. The last time I ever saw someone bring it, the damn thing rolled 1,1,1 for its minigun right off the fucking bat.

"SORRE BOSS, WEZ FORGOT DA AMMO AGEN"
>>
>>43532845
As a fellow ork player, in general, unless you are also bringing our Lords of War (Including Ghaz). It's an uphill fight. If you got the luck, a single Shokk attack gun hit can remove it, (needs double 6s for the Vortex, which is Str D, and then a 6 to pen it, for D6+6 hull points ignoring invuls). Otherwise, Meganobz to overrun it, or boyz to mitigate it's damage. Mass fire is our best bet to take it out, but the amount of focusing on it leaves the rest of the opponent's army pretty wide open.
>>
File: SleeptightSabaToof.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
SleeptightSabaToof.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>43532929

Thanks, good to know. I am an ork so most things need 5s and 6s.

>>43532952

Here is hoping I never see one then

>>43533003

My list only has 20 boyz and my Big Mek has a KFF.

My best bet is definetly rushing the dreads in.
>>
>>43533098
What is your list, anyways? Because truthfully depending on how you are set up, it actually might be the best bet to ignore it, and throw sacrificial units at it, to try and midigate as much as you can.
>>
>>43533098
Get some Stormboyz, and put your Big Mek on a bike with the KFF. As many boys as you can manage actually. You'd be surprised how hard your opponent would struggle to bring them down outside of bringing Thunderfire Cannons.
>>
File: Sabatoof.png (594 KB, 487x568) Image search: [Google]
Sabatoof.png
594 KB, 487x568
>>43533136

As I said I am new and only have a 1250 list so I doubt I will see a knight soon as I am not going to expand on orks for the foreseeable future outside of any good deals on lootas I see. I need atleast one more for my current list.

HQ:

Big Mek with Fixer Upper/KFF/PK/BP/EA/2Grot Oilers - 144

HS:

7 Lootas - 103

8 Lootas - 117

FA:

5 kanz with 4 extra armor and 5 grotzookas - 240

TROOPS:

3 deffdreads with 6 rokkits and 2 extra armor - 245

3 deffdreads with 6 rokkits and 2 extra armor - 245

19 spanna boyz with shooters a Mek - 130

TOTAL POINTS: 1224
>>
>>43532997

To be honest none of the Ork Lords of War are all that great outside of the Kustom Stompa.

I've been told it's the only one you should be taking outside of the Kill Bursta.
>>
>>43533182

One of the ways I was looking to expand my dread mob was to add a Vulcha Skwad formation.

I was originally gonna buy a FW Meka Dread so my FW Big Mek warlord trait had a better target
>>
>>43533185

>No poorly painted eyes

Why even play orkz?
>>
>>43532997

>Orks really are shafted when it comes to Knights.

Can always use Tank Busta Bombz.
>>
>>43531659
Why not start up a club yourself? You could post an ad on craigslist, your town's subreddit if it has one, and any other local forum/classifieds about getting a hobby club started. Odds are there are some other nerds in your area who also don't have anybody to play with and would like to get some traditional games going also. Would need to find a space to play though, if you have a community/recreation center in your town you might be able to use space there for free.

This guy convinced me to do this if I ever end up in an area with no FLGS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoXj8FB3GeU
>>
>>43533251

I am new to the hobby and dont have anything but a bad army and three pieces of scenery.

With working a full time job with decent overtime especially with winter coming and having a one bedroom apartment I am in no real position to start a club.
>>
>>43533245
How many guys who are limited to 6+ saves(And thus are vulnerable to Heavy stubbers and fire from supporting unit) can you bring to threaten the knight? If you're just bringing one squad in a Trukk, your opponent will just focus them down during the 2-turn approach, so they don't get to participate. I would say to take a Pain-boy, but then you still don't get that to any of the knight's weapons.

Shoot, I bring the same three dreadnoughts to every single game. My LGS's one and only Ork Player loves to bring like 20 Big Meks in his Stompa, so the damn thing's like unkillable in shooting. So I end up bringing it in melee and sacrificing about 300 points of dreadnoughts to give it the "15 powerfist prostate exam"
>>
>>43532929
>Okay, that's important information for me to know, though that's a tournament ruling. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go up against a knight.
Actually, I'm pretty sure GW FAQ'd that, too. Same ruling.
>>
>>43533319
Well if you can get a place to play that doesn't cost you anything it doesn't have to be a major affair, just some guys meeting up to play on the weekends somewhere. Could also include in your ad that the group needs a garage or something to play in to see if you get any volunteers, lel. Who knows, maybe some guy would be interested who has a room and just never thought about it but would love to have a local /tg/ thing going.
>>
>>43533185
Hmn. With this list setup, your best bet is to probably try and throw the kanz AND one unit of the dreads at it, preferably at the same time, so he'll have to split his attacks. 15 Str 7 attacks and 15 str 10 attacks is nothing to scoff at, especially if you can soften it up a little with the lootas. Just a heads up though, it's going to be rough times if you don't take it down in 1 turn in CC, cause after you swing it gets to stomp you back, and can potentially remove 2-3 walkers per stomp. Besides that, try and set up as far away from it as possible so that it has to spend 2-3 turns running at you before you can get it.

>>43533323
you can bring 3 squads of 12 in Trukks, to charge it. Remember they still also all have rokkit shots, with tankhunters so the reroll to pen. And if you take the Ghaz force organization you can have up to 5 of these units.

Also sadly, thats the main way to run Stompas now, as they are mostly just a large bullet soak, unless you take the outdated kustom stompa.
>>
>>43532997
I've had a lot of success using Bully Boyz (3 units of 5 meganobz) against knights

The meganobz cost less than the knights (210pts with a killsaw vs 360pts for the knight) and will usually take it out.

This was against an Adamantium Lance, mind you.
>>
>>43533323

I thought you were supposed to take more than one squad anyway?

Also getting rid of a Stompa is not that hard. A group of Fire Warriors can do that in fact.
>>
>>43533003
Bully boys in wagons with one killsaw in each squad have been my only counter, i have more wins then losses against heavy knight lists, eldar wraith knights are another story though
>>
File: imperialguard.jpg (31 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
imperialguard.jpg
31 KB, 400x500
Guys I need some input on an Imperial Guard faction I'm painting. I wanted to do a sort of "Mining and Construction" color scheme, so hazard colors. The little fluff I've come up with is that they are a regiment of workers first, soldiers second, so they come in and mine planets and battlefields of resources during war and also double as soldiers. Pic related, I plan on giving white hazard stripes to the flak armor and leggings.
>>
File: rick-and-morty.jpg (35 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty.jpg
35 KB, 600x300
During my morning walk, I suddenly had a realization of how much the characters Bellathonis and Xagor from the Path of the Dark Eldar books, reminded me of Rick and Morty, and how much I now wanted a cartoon about the misadventures of the Haemonculi and his Wrack assistant.

This realization made me lake the two characters even more than I already did.
>>
>>43533778

I think the color should be inverse. Only the darker color should be swapped for a light brow almost like the Carhartt brand

His armor would be like his safety vest. Highlight it in a bright silver to mimic the reflective strips of a real one.

Hell I bet they have blue jean technology too.

Try copper weaponry.
>>
>>43532392
>needed to roll a 7 to bring his warlord on the table
H-how?
>>
>>43533952
I'm horrible at interpreting this, would you mind giving an example of what you mean?
>>
>>43533778
I would do yellow/orange helmet and flak armor. I work a lot in this kind of stuff and usually your clothes are just a normal tan, beige, or blue color, with a vest and helmet being the neon colored, obnoxiously bright items to make you easier to see.
>>
So my local GW employee tried to sell me that new 30k board game as an addition to my new 40k Dark Angel army....

Would that even be allowed.

He knows I am building a bike army....
>>
>>43534014
There's no reason you couldn't use the models in the 30k set in a contemporary DA army

They'd just be using older equipment, but they all look like what they are, the only issue would be the Apostle, which doesn't really have a modern equivalent (maybe a chaplain?)
>>
>>43534014
The models from the 30k board game are the same scale as 40k and 30k. They can be used, though if you're doing a mostly bike army they won't do you much good.
>>
File: jacket and vest.png (309 KB, 681x418) Image search: [Google]
jacket and vest.png
309 KB, 681x418
>>43533993

I assume you know what blue jeans are but that was more of a joke suggestion, though I suppose could be a thing.
>>
File: imperialguard(1).jpg (29 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
imperialguard(1).jpg
29 KB, 400x500
>>43534087
>>43534003
>>43533952
How's this?
>>
File: 625px-Lamenter_Space_Marine.jpg (95 KB, 625x599) Image search: [Google]
625px-Lamenter_Space_Marine.jpg
95 KB, 625x599
Hi guys got a bunch of space marines I've picked up because I've gotten some bizarre obsession lately with Lamenters. Don't know why since I haven't played in years, but dammit I wanted to paint them so whatever.

I'm wanting to have at least a halfway decent army composed mostly of the models I already have, which are the following.

40 tac marines (20 already built as two 10 man combi plas, plas, missile squads, 20 unbuilt, all are the new boxes)
40 assault marines, 20 assembled as 10 man squads with 2 meltas apiece, 20 getting stripped down and completely rebuilt
One regular ol dread
10 death company as two 5 man squads with fist apiece
5 Vanguard vets built with random loadouts for use as Captains/sarges (TH/SS, Relic Blade, Power Axe/SS, Power sword, BP/Chainsword)
2 standard old rhinos.

I would love to get a couple more dreads, especially since it seems like people are always getting rid of them cheap and I love their look, and maybe some devestators. I really love seeing space marines on foot so anything that makes them work well on the ground would be sweet.

If at all possible, I'd like to keep forgeworld and formations to a minimum, just to make it less rules to keep track of and acquire. I'd also like to avoid drop pods, just because I don't want to spend $30 on something that merely gets plonked on the table and sits there all game. I'm working on getting the space marine and blood angels codexes as well. Any ideas how I could run this? I don't have to run everything at the same time, I'd just like to have a list that wont fold like wet cardboard in case the place I play at turns out to be very competitive.
>>
>>43533786
"Master Haemonculi Bellatohinis! The council of Black Descent sentences you to the machine of unspeakable doom, which swaps your conscious and unconscious minds, rendering your fantasies pointless while everything you have known becomes impossible to grasp! Also, every ten seconds it stabs your balls!"
>>
File: Unnsamed Dredd Face.png (516 KB, 453x458) Image search: [Google]
Unnsamed Dredd Face.png
516 KB, 453x458
Help me name this dreads stupid face.
>>
>>43534139
little bit brighter would be good, but you're on the right track for sure.

Have you thought about other ways to tie into this theme, such as sticking dozer blades on your vehicle and giving them tools on their belts?

I bet a good entrenched theme to play off their construction focus would look great. Stuff like lots of sandbags, flakboard, barbed wire, etc. etc.
>>
>>43532845
>>43532952

Ork's best answer to Knights is Tankbustas. We can knock hull points off on a 5 or 6 on the way in, then in melee it's Melta Bombs everywhere. And don't forget rerolls everywhere thanks to Tank Hunters.

Even if the Knight does hit home with the D, it won't kill too many tankbustas before they have a chance to swing, since D does wounds per model. Hit once and did 6 wounds to one model? Cool, that's one dead Ork.

The downside is the same as all our options: the squad is almost certainly dead taking it down. If the Stomp attacks don't get you the explosion when it dies almost certainly will. Comfort yourself by thinking that a) Tankbustas are cheap and b) This is exactly how they want to go out.

>How many guys who are limited to 6+ saves(And thus are vulnerable to Heavy stubbers and fire from supporting unit) can you bring to threaten the knight?

Take multiple smaller squads. Make sure the table has LOS blocking terrain. Run a Blitz Brigade. Pray to Gork (or possibly Mork).

The plain and simple fact is that we don't get the same tools other armies do. We don't get the luxury of dropping pin-precision perfect squads of meltas down next to a target and squeezing the trigger until it goes away. We don't get Salvo grav on S&P/Relentless platforms; hell, we don't even get grav. Or Haywire.

Any option we have that can deal with the knight is inherently flawed. It's just something we have to live with.
>>
>>43534189
As far as tools on their belts, I'd have no idea how to go about doing that, I'm a first time player so I'm still getting used to stuff. I've put together a good chunk of my cadians and haven't painted them yet though. I figured Ogryns/Bullgryns would also fit in with the theme very well, seeing as how they would probably be good at heavy lifting.
>>
File: saftey AM.png (109 KB, 316x500) Image search: [Google]
saftey AM.png
109 KB, 316x500
Are you using paint or is there a template?

The bottom is pretty close but the armor needs to be a brighter more neon orange.
>>
>>43534245
I'm using this template m8
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/igpbeta2.php

Also what should I color the insignia on the helmet and chest?
>>
>>43534183

>I 'as no gob and must WAAAAAGH
>>
>>43534183
Rusty 'Rencha
>>
>>43534273

totally make the sergeants have neon green armor as that is how we spot supervisors on sites, blue highlights around the reflective strips signifies probation.
>>
File: IMG_20150625_154733_227.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150625_154733_227.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>43534283
>>43534286

Here is his full body.

DISCLAIMER: I paint like shit and don't really care anymore.
>>
>>43534335
Mind giving a pic as an example? Because I like this idea alot
>>
File: Mt.Dreadmore.png (2 MB, 3120x456) Image search: [Google]
Mt.Dreadmore.png
2 MB, 3120x456
>>43534357
woops thats a huge image.

So is this one
>>
>>43534362

Just google safety vest for the colors... its just a highlighter green of the same vest from the other pic I made for you.
>>
How many vanguard skitarii is too many skitarii?
>>
>>43534739
>>
continuing
> 43525756
Under the assumption that the Lion was a brilliant strategist and a bit too long out in the wild as a "child", the conclusion that he wanted to side with Horus makes sense.
As long as there is no evidence for proof or disproof, it is not more than an accusation.
That the Dark Angels are keeping their past in secret and catch the Fallen step by step, does not look too good for them.
They could have said after the HH "well, we had 100 heretic leaders and 10000 under their command but we crushed them and will hunt the rest down until end of time and it was the Alpha Legion's fault!1!!", then split up into their successors and nobody would have been mad. I doubt that there is any chapter without traitor and any traitor legion without loyalists. So the DA must be hiding more.
The chapter today is nothing more like the other SM chapters, except for an especially fanatical first company and a manipulative leadership organized in secret circles.

The only thing not backing up the Fallen = Loyalist story is the Warp storm taking them away. But under the assumption that the Lion was a Chaos man it could also have been him causing it.
>>
>>43534739
Never enough
>>
Question. When fluff refers to "Battle Titans" does that mean Reavers, Nemesis and Warlords? Or does it just mean any titan that isn't Knight Titan?
>>
>>43534162
Run them as Lamenters, obviously (Forge World has they rules) and you can get a Captain to run as their CM (he's not bad iirc, rules on FW).

At least you don't suffer the Blood Angels Codex curse of having 2A base Dreads, not Grav Cents, no Grav Devs. As you just run Lamenters using the vanilla codex, which has all the goodies in. So, that's only the chapter rules from FW you need (and why would you be playing Lamenters if you didn't use these rules?) and maybe the Chapter Masters rules.
>>
File: 1402232210443.jpg (78 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1402232210443.jpg
78 KB, 450x600
>>43535133
>Lamenters have their own FW rules
>MFW

WHAT. NOBODY TOLD ME THIS.

I knew about the chapter master, he'd be fucking perfect for me if I could just take a goddamn jetpack on him. I'll probably convert him up anyways though, the dude sounded like a badass last time I read his fluff.

Where would I find the Lamenters rules from FW? Do you know which book it's in? Should be the badab war one right?
>>
>>43534335
We use helmet colours. White for supervisors, blue for specialists(electrician, plumber), orange or yellow for regulars.
>>
>Go to Forgeworld site
>Everything is getting bundled with the new plastic box
>FUCKING EVERYTHING
>They're already making upgrade packs for different legions to bundle with the box
>http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/FW-Home?mobile=false

I FUCKING KNEW IT
>>
>>43535180
Wait. Never mind. They have to use everything BA's have, not vanilla. Sorry.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Forge_World_Space_Marine_Chapter_Tactics_V2.pdf

As for the CM rules.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Forge_World_Space_Marine_Badab_Characters_V2.pdf

Sorry to get your hopes up.
>>
What's the best way to combine GK and Red Scorpions for competitive play? Do you attach Draigo with Loth and 3 Grav Centurions?
>>
>>43535225
>I have to type ?mobile=false every time now cause both sites are defaulting to mobile

I emailed GW and asked them what gives. It's depressing.
>>
I don't really understand the sideways brush helmet. It looks stupid...
>>
>>43535286
Romans did it
>>
File: M2TW6069.jpg (33 KB, 413x480) Image search: [Google]
M2TW6069.jpg
33 KB, 413x480
>>43535286
that thingy? It looks alright if you like Ultramarines and their Roman legionary look.
>>
File: WP_Magdeburger_Husaren-Kdo.jpg (2 MB, 1772x2303) Image search: [Google]
WP_Magdeburger_Husaren-Kdo.jpg
2 MB, 1772x2303
>>43535286
everything looks silly to someone else

>>43535060
wait, then who were the actual heretics? the lion for wanting to join up with horus? the fallen for being tricked jumping into the warp?
>>
Could an heretical Techpriest defect and form a cult in the Tau Empire? For conversion purposes.
>>
>>43535286
>Why are Space Marines, based on Roman soldiers, have leaders who wear Galea Helmets? Looks stupid!

Next you'll be complaining that the Emperors Children wear purple, it's not like they're based on ERE/Byzantine.
>>
>>43535419
Yes, but it wouldn't last long. Tau laugh at the notion of machines having souls/spirits. In fact, in the Kauyon book, Shadowsun comes to the conclusion that putting dead guys into missiles to help guide them better is the soul they're talking about.

They don't know about the Machine Spirit, or the C'tan, let alone Void Dragon under Mars controlling all the weapons that the Imperium use (if you don't treat it right, it won't work, because the Void Dragon is pissed off. If you treat it right, it will work, cause it's worship and that's what he wants. It's one of the reasons the C'tan became Pokemon for Necrons, cause if this fluff was stated people would be like "Then why doesn't the VD just make all weapons misfire when fighting Necrons?", so this explains why their weapons still work against Crons.)

So it would be stamped out. No cult would ever form and last. But, it could still work. Just make them super careful about it and make the whole worship then super secret.
>>
Does anyone else think that the GW MkVI is better than the FW stuff? They have those little panel lines on the legs, the lack of which has always bothered me on the FW. They look so plain without them.
>>
Been looking for foam fucking everywhere around me. Only place I can find some foam is from a place where it's $25 per sheet. At that cost I might as well buy a GW case.

Anyone in AU buy foam for their own cases? Where do you get it from?
>>
>>43535419
There are mention of Gue'vesa tech priests in the Tau Empire ("Fire Caste" novel). He can do whatever he wants as long as his actions and beliefs are not threats to the Greater Good or the Tau.

>>43535486
Which is exactly what a machine spirit is.

You are confusing a War spirit with a machine spirit. Just a second I am going to copypasta their definition.
>>
>>43535543
Iskandor Khayon explains the "Machine Spirit".

>A machine-spirit is the incarnation of that most precious of unions: the literal bond between mankind and the Machine-God. To the tech-priests of the Martian Mechanicum– that purer, worthier institute predating the hidebound Adeptus Mechanicus– there is no more sacred state of being than this divine merging.

>Most machine-spirits are nevertheless crude, limited things, formed of chosen biological components kept alive in a synthetic chemical stew, then slave-linked to the systems they will spend eternity operating at the behest of inloaded programming. In an empire where artificial intelligence is unrivalled heresy, the creation of machine-spirits keeps the vital human spirit at the core of any automated process.

>At the commonly held peak of this technology are the war machines of the Space Marine Legions and the Martian cults, allowing warriors to fight on past mutilation and death within the armoured shell of a cybernetic warlord. At the more mundane end of the spectrum are the targeting assistance arrays of battle tanks and gunships, right through to the secondary cognition engines of city-sized warships sailing the void.

>But other templates exist. Other variations on the theme. Not every invention is created equal.

-From the Talon of Horus
>>
>>43535367
Depends on whom you ask.
Astelan from the Fallen said that the old members of the legion who were created by and served the Emperor himself observed distrust from the Lion who replaced their troops with fresh Marines from his geneseed, put the old members back on Caliban and kept them in ignorance.
So they fired at their fleet as it returned because all they had were rumors about treason within the legions and civil war and there was doubt why such a brilliant strategist and fast attacker came too late for the siege of Terra.
They consider themselves still loyal to the Emperor and the Lion's actions made him very suspicious.

If you ask the Inner Circle they will say that they were on their way to help the Emperor as they brethren attacked them which must have been the influence of Chaos. Retreating into the warp is proof of their dark pact.

If you ask Cypher or the Grand Master they probably say: that was all a huge misunderstanding and we should have talked. Well, shit, the DA now need to cover up their mess, especially after the empire became a dangerously ignorant, religous inquisitorial nutbag force.
>>
>>43535568
Sorcerer Iskandor Khayon defines War-Spirits(Weapon Spirits)

>Weapons have souls. The Martian Mechanicum has always known this, with their rituals to honour and appease the machine-spirits of their guns, blades and war engines. But a weapon’s soul reflects in the warp, as well. The very moment the stasis field collapsed and allowed the Talon back into reality, the weapon’s spirit– a thing of inconceivable predation– clawed at my mind.

>from the killing blades to the fat-mouthed gun barrels parasitically bolted to its back. Corpse-stink, thick and hot and choking, emanated from the bloodstained blades in a choking aura. The dried, rich redness on the curving scythes pressed at my eyes with oily, liquid pressure. The weeping lament of a mourning father and a dying god was a screaming roar in my ears, sinking into my skull. Every single cut, scrape and dent upon the weapon had been earned on a battlefield where brother fought brother.

>I was half a dozen steps back before I even realised I was moving, one hand pressed to the side of my head to contain the stabs of pressure pulping my brain meat. My vision swam, blurring into uselessness. I gagged on the reek of genetically purified blood. Its taste drowned my tongue. My axe clattered to the deck without me remembering I had drawn it.

>‘Well, now.’ Abaddon’s voice came to me from a great distance. ‘What a sensitive creature you are, Khayon. Much more attuned than I realised.’

>Mercy came, but not swiftly. The assault against my senses retreated, going grudgingly back like an ocean’s tide. I pulled breath into my lungs, feeling them expand in my chest. The air still carried that gene-forged death scent, but it was no longer ravaging me.

-From Talon of Horus
>>
File: Soul of metal.png (372 KB, 708x306) Image search: [Google]
Soul of metal.png
372 KB, 708x306
>>43535583
Forgot my picture
>>
File: 1445227677318.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1445227677318.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>43535543
>be a rebel tech priest
>finally get away from the stagnate imperium of mankind
>join up with the hot shot race that actually invents things
>no more skulls everywhere
>no more midnight fist fighting sessions
>no more machine chatter
>no more beer
>giant robos aren't clanky
>>
>>43532392
Points for Raptors, negative points for illegal army; Tac sarges cant take an auspex

Other than that I like your style.

>>43533983
Assassin+Issodon. I rule it as it cant be worse than a 6+ personally. And i've played that combo before.

>>43533384
They did
>>
>>43532007

Wow, I'm surprised you didn't get chased off the board/thread by all of the angry autists who hate Eldar. But, as the runes of fate would have it, you ran into me instead.

>Take out the Storm Guardians, they are trash.

>Get an Exarch in the Swooping Hawks Squad, one of their main crucial benefits is not scattering when they deep strike for pin point precision, and only the exarch allows you to do that.

>Dark Reapers are tricky. First of all, you should give your Exarch the EML as right now you have very, very little in anti-air. Consider giving them all Starshot missiles or if not, just removing them all together for a

>Crimson Hunter Exarch for superior anti-air, move the Swooping Hawks to the formation to retain the +1 BS5

>I think generally Wave Serpents are superior to Falcons based on the TL and the Serpent Shield, I'd consider that switch
>>
>>43535637
>tac sarges can't take auspex

you sure about that? My codex says they can
>>
>>43535652
i think people are tired of arguing or being upset from the other threads
>>
>>43535499
i prefer no panel lines on the FW mkiv, they're annoyingly fiddly to paint for me
>>
>>43535673
Unless your codex says "May take items ... Special Issue Wargear" or has a "may take an auspex line" scribbled in the margin with an arrow, then yes
>>
Which would be cheesier and/or more competitive for my next army: Eldar Wraith Host with Dark Eldar allies (with Raiders and Webway shenanigans), or a GK/Red Scorpion Draigo+Loth Centstar? GK is my first army and I was considering buying the Betrayal at Calth set next week. The GK/RS army would be a lot cheaper moneywise overall, but the Wraith Host with Dark Eldar would be more unique for my meta.
>>
>>43535652

Wow, you're right. I meant to have the SH Exarch in there instead of the sixth dude, but I guess I spaced. I'll take a look at the build and your other suggestions, thanks.
>>
>>43535726
the first option because it's more consistent then relying on reserves and psykers. centstar might be good for putting down a lot of grav but it pales compared to non scatter deepstriking D flamer units
>>
>>43534940
>>43535088
Polar answers.
>>
File: 1438427541821.jpg (21 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1438427541821.jpg
21 KB, 350x277
I want to convert some helicopter/flying thing kits into Ork helikopters

and no not deffkopters, these the FW model, so they can be a decent sized transport

any ideas? Or kits you know of?
>>
>>43532836
It requires a target AND line of sight to first said target. So either break Los properly, or just keep most of your army away from your flanking ghostkeels, whom it cannot target because it then gas to snap fire, which isn't allowed with templates.

And honestly? If you think this is a solution to Tau, ypu are proof of how retarded some people are. Most Tau players realise how strong Tau are, and balance their armies at least somewhat. If they start throwing 200 points at a moving aegis defense line with a novel reflect ability, and your immediate reaction to this is field this abomination... Can you say Riptide and ghostkeel spam? Because I know you think this instant death shit makes it clean table with riptides, but it still allows invuls. Or tons of crisis suits with shield generators.

You are essentially just starting a cheese war. Even if it is a faggot fielding millions of riptides in the first place, there are better options than this shit: don't fucking play him, you Autistic manchild. This isn't a dickwaving competition.
>>
>>43535987
I just posted the rules for people to look at, calm your tits
>>
>>43535543
>>43535568
>>43535583
I'm not confusing anything. There are conflicting theories on what the machine spirit is. Some say it's a left over from AoS and it's "ghost in the machine" which needs to be appeased or it'll fuck your day. While the recent (and new trumps old, remember, so the Mechnicum novels trump Talon of Horus) that the machines are all controlled to some degree by the Void Dragon.

The truth is said that the VD controls machines and every design the Mechanicum has ever done has been a dream caused by the Void Dragon.

Read the Adeptus Mechanicus series. It tells you it's the VD doing it. Nothing else. The secret tome holding this knowledge also got stolen, possibly by Necrons.
>>
>>43535627
B.A.D.S.P.E.C.I.A.L.S.N.O.W.F.L.A.K.E

0/10, Shit character design
>>
>>43535987
>implying riptide spam is bad move
>>
>>43536108
Talon of Horus is newer than "HH: Mechnicum", and the rest of the Admech novels make no commentary on the origins of machine spirits or the Void Dragon.

In fact, ONLY "HH: Mechnicum" mentions the Dragon and his relationship with the cults there. The novel says nothing about the Dragon controlling machine spirits. It only says that his dream inspired the humanity and that's it.
>>
>>43535987
You sound like a disgruntled tau player, m8.
>>
>>43536173
No son, these.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/139004-adeptus-mechanicus
>>
Hey /tg/, I'm pretty new to 40k (well, new to the tabletop aspect of it anyway) and was just doing some light list building for an army I'm slowly building towards, and I would appreciate your advice. Local meta is mostly vanilla Marines, although Tau/Chaos/Nids are common. Got the occasional Eldar/Harlequins player too, a few GK players, and one guy who plays Elysians. Most of the guys at the local club are laid back, but we've got a few completely competitive assholes.

Anyway, I'm looking for some advice if that's alright. Here's the first 1000 point list I've written up:

> Legion of the Damned Detachment: 380 Points
Legion of the Damned Squad, 4 Legionnaires (1 Plasma Gun, 1 Plasma Cannon), 1 Sergeant (Warlord) with Combi-Grav, Power Lance & Animus Malorum: 215 Points
Legion of the Damned Squad, 4 Legionnaires (1 Flamer, 1 Heavy Bolter), 1 Sergeant with Combi-Grav, Power Sword: 165 Points

> Inquisition Detachment: 274 Points
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, Power Armour, Combi-Melta, Needle Pistol, Psychotroke Grenades, 3 Servo Skulls: 82 Points
Henchmen Warband, 4 Acolytes with Bolters, 1 Acolyte with Power Armour and Storm Bolter: 37 Points
Henchmen Warband, 3 Acolytes with Bolters, 1 Acolyte with Power Armour and Bolter: 35 Points
Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron, 2 Sponson Heavy Bolters, Lascannon: 125 Points

> Flesh Tearers Detachment: 346 Points
Sanguinary Priest, 2 Inferno Pistols, Melta Bombs: 91 Points
Tactical Squad, 4 Marines (1 Meltagun), 1 Sergeant with 2 Inferno Pistols and Melta Bombs: 115 Points
Drop Pod, Locator Beacon, Isstvan 5 Legacy of Glory: 65 Points.
Aegis Defence Line, with Comms Relay: 70 Points
>>
Continuing from >>43536200

Alternatively, this is the other 1000 point list:

> Legion of the Damned Detachment: 260 Points
Legion of the Damned Squad, 6 Legionnaires (1 Plasma Gun, 1 Multi Melta), Legionnaire Sergeant (Warlord) with Combi-Grav, Power Lance & Animus Malorum: 260 Points

> Inquisition Detachment: 249 Points
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, Power Armour, Conversion Beamer, 3 Servo Skulls: 87 Points
Henchmen Warband: 3 Acolytes, 1 Psyker, 1 Acolyte with Power Armour and Bolter: 37 Points
Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squadron (from Imperial Armour 2), 2 Sponson Heavy Bolters, Lascannon: 125 Points

> Flesh Tearers Detachment: 371 Points
Sanguinary Priest, 2 Inferno Pistols: 91 Points
Tactical Squad: 4 Marines (1 Meltagun), 1 Sergeant with 2 Inferno Pistols: 110 Points
Drop Pod, Locator Beacon, Isstvan V Legacy of Glory (also from Imperial Armour 2): 65 Points
Drop Pod: 35 Points
Aegis Defence Line, with Comms Relay: 70 Points

> Skitarii Maniple: 120 Points
Vanguard, 4 Vanguard, 1 Sergeant with Conversion Field: 65 Points
Vanguard, 4 Vanguard, 1 Sergeant: 55 Points.

Generally speaking, I've written up these lists to over-use reserves and deep striking since I like those particular mechanics. Sanguinary Priest and Tac Squad go in Isstvan Drop Pod for dead-on accurate placement turn one 5-Shot melta strike at the most valuable target, Combi/Needle Inquisitor rides shotgun with these guys. Acolytes hold back at the ADL manning the comms relay so the Legionnaires and the Valk have a good chance to come in on turn two. Got a Locator Beacon (and Servo Skulls as a backup) to allow the Legionnaires to have accurate deep strike, so they can start within a decent range since their movement range is pretty garbage. Anything left back at the ADL breaks away once Legionnaires and Valk are on the table, and start moving towards any backfield objectives.
>>
>>43535987
>Someone uses onr tau thing as an examonr out of many to show str
>must be talking about hard countering my army
>FullAutismActivate.swf
>>
Continuing from >>43536200, >>43536211

The only thing I'm caught up on is whether it's worth swapping out one of the Legionnaire squads for some more bodies on the ground in the form of the two fairly light Skitarii Vanguard units (one to be accompanied up field through a Drop Pod), and whether or not the Combi/Needle Inquisitor would be best swapped out for a Conversion Beamer Inquisitor to also man the ADL and take pot-shots at whatever is up the other end of the board. That would be the only source of S10 in the entire army, which would be rather helpful in threatening shit like Iridium Buffmanders. Also considered taking a single Henchmen Psyker for some incredibly minor psychic action, but I'm not sure if it's worth it, and if it is what table would be worth rolling for a single ML1 psyker. I'm thinking Divination might be worthwhile, since Prescience looks to the the only useful primaris power for this army list.

If you guys have any particular advice, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>43536214
Example*
>>
>>43532332
Doesn't work that way.
>>
>>43535987
Holy fuck, you're one mad motherfucker.

Riptides would be Instant Death'd. Ghostkeels can only use their counter measures once (3 times if you buy 3 in a squad) and that means fuck all if I can just target something else nearby that covers your Ghostkeels. Viola, you cannot pop your counter-measures to make me not shoot, as I'm not targeting them.

>still allows invuls

For stuff with shield generators, sure. I'm sure those 5++'s will save you forever. If you're a Garg or Building/Fort you're hit with D and if a 6 is rolled, then no, you don't get any saves. Then you're killed.

It deletes things from the table. Oh, what's that? It reduces shot strength of every weapon fired at it by 1? Oh and it also makes any roll on the Destruction table -1? So you can never get the ignores inv result? But that's after -3S -3Roll on first turn and -2S -2Roll on second turn. So your S10 shots become S7 shots. Against a 14/13/13 HP14. Have fun. Especially since there is going to be Tech Priests nearby repairing it.

Don't get mad just because it'll remove dozens of models given the chance. And even if you new it was going to be used ahead of time, you'll be forking out points for ++ saves too.
>>
>>43536255
How does it work then? Instant Death on a unit that can't be Instant Killed means it takes D3 wounds instead. The Destruction Table mentions various amounts of wounds being removed depending on the damage roll. So you roll on that table first. Getting the roll. Then you roll because Instant Death rule applies.

But, if you've got GW sources telling you otherwise, please post them.
>>
>>43536192
Yes, these. I don't recall anything said in them about the Void Dragon controlling machine spirits.

Only the final book of the series just said that there is a C'tan shard on Mars and that's it. Do you have copypastas from the novels to prove me wrong?
>>
>>43536297
I think its per wound. So if you got the full d6+6 wounds and then roll a 6 on the table 12 times, thats 48 potential wounds per model that is a gc.
>>
File: Last_Chancers.png (868 KB, 638x257) Image search: [Google]
Last_Chancers.png
868 KB, 638x257
What's your personal favorite 40k story series/arch/book?

Mine has to be The Last Chancers, 40k version of The Dirty Dozen? YES.
>>
>>43536301
I didn't say machine spirits. I said machines. The Void Dragon controls machines.

Either way, I'm out. You win. I'd need to read the whole lot again and I read them when I couldn't sleep so I can't remember much. All I can remember is the VD controls the machines, he influenced the dreams of the creation of these items and he can control them if he wants.

If not, then, doesn't really matter. The result is the same in reference to the Tau not liking it. Machines don't have souls, worshipping them does nothing.
>>
>>43536382
>The Void Dragon controls machines.

No more than any other C'tan and that's not stated in the novel by the way.

And yeah you should get re-reading.
>>
>>43536346
The Deathwatch BL book was really good
>>
>>43536267
You can fire the sonic wave as a snapshot as it isn't a blast or template weapon anyway
>>
This narrator sounds hilariously over the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XboWz0UeKvQ
>>
>>43536398
Not him, but isn't it stated for awhile that the VD has "power over all machines" when he's fully formed?
>>
>>43535511
Clark Rubber, mate

I use the Convoluted Foam Squares in an attache case.

sometimes I pretend I'm a secret agent
>>
File: gosdisgust.gif (2 MB, 245x219) Image search: [Google]
gosdisgust.gif
2 MB, 245x219
I just read about the lamenters space marine chapter for the first time. I am a newer player.

Why exactly does everyone hate them? Makes little sense.

Also,

>mfw I find out what A Salamander looks like under their helmet.
>>
>>43535987
Do note that its not a Blast or Template weapon. It can fire snapshots. Ghostkeels are dead on 2+.
>>
>>43536727
Fuck, didn't even think about checking them.

Thanks mate.
>>
>>43535948
I've seen some very nice conversions made out of Dark Eldar raiders - they're about the right size.
>>
>>43536753
>>43536412

Oh. Sonic weapon is AP2, only the cannon is AP1.

Either way.

>>43536747
Part of the Cursed Founding. They're Blood Angels so they have idiosyncrasies that put people off. Just like Raven Guard and Iron Hands.

They turned because they were treated as equals for once. But were too stupid not to quit when shit hit the fan. They're the closest a Blood Angels Successor has gotten to Chaos. I think. I don't think any have gone Chaos, but I'm probably wrong. Were the Red Corsairs BA? I can't remember.
>>
File: hahaha.png (95 KB, 147x261) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.png
95 KB, 147x261
>>43536727
>sometimes I pretend I'm a secret agent

I'd like to have a beer with you anon. Or a game.
>>
>>43536755
All good friendo, they're not that cheap at $20 for a 500mm x 500mm square, but you get them and a cheapo attache from Neds or something then they can store more minis for less than even the smallest GW case.
>>
>>43536790
If you're ever down Adelaide way I just may take you up on that offer.

Drunkhammer is one of my favourite 40k variants.
>>
Can Guardsmen really only take 1 special weapon per infantry squad? Shit. I just got a lot of models and a lot of them have plasma and flamer.
>>
Why hasn't the blood angel chapter been disbanded for having that weird black rage defect?
>>
>>43536822
Sorry ;_; I don't think I'll ever be there.

In fact, I'd take a game with anybody, being bed ridden sucks. 6 years end of December... 6 fucking years. Well technically 7.

Anyway, people like you are the reason I like hobbies. It's one of the things that keeps me going, hoping to find cool friends to do cool things with before I get old and die.
>>
>>43536857
Yes but to compansate that Platoon Command Squad, Special Weapon Squads, Veteran Squads and Company Command Squads can take 3-4 special weapons.
>>
>>43536872
Just realized that sorry, haven't got the Codex yet and just reading on my iPhone.
>>
How many points before people starts deploying 1 or 2 flyers? Generally, how much S and AP do you need to take them down.
>>
>>43536878
No problem. Its usually better to stack those weapons on those squads anyway instead of infantry squads.
>>
>>43536882
You don't usually need more than one AA source to deal with most flyers, you don't have to kill them just keep them jinking and you cut the effectiveness right down
>>
>>43536865
I'm sorry to hear that anon, that sucks.

Can you paint in bed at least? You could crank out a fair few projects in 7 years.
>>
>>43536859
Because they're one of the best chapters around. Only Ultramarines have a better record than them. Also, the fact that billions of humans would riot, since they worship Sanguinius as well as the Emperor. You remove the guys sons and they'll be pissed.

Blood Angels care about the little man. While the likes of Iron Hands don't give a shit.
>>
>>43536909
I tried. It didn't work. Not only that but my hands shake and it's hard to stick things together let alone paint them. It's made worse by the good ol' intention tremor that people get, you know, like trying to thread the eye of a needle.

I've got a huge Lizardmen army to do, but since they've been rebased I've kinda lost my will to do it, what will remained.

Time will tell. Last time I played 40k was 15 years ago.
>>
>>43535440
It just makes them look, I don't, not aerodynamic. Having brush going back-to-forth looks better in my opinion. What's the point?
Besides EC makes purple look good. And this is from an IW player
>>
>>43536947
Way of denoting rank and being able to spot the person during battle. I think Romans did both. Both back to front and side to side, but I'm not a historian.
>>
>>43536822
No way! Adelaidians who play 40k? Not something I hear often
>>
>>43537149
I was there two years ago during holidays, there is a GW inside a mall in the downtown , isn't it ?
>>
does anyone have a good picture of the sprue of the hero thats not the one in terminator armor from the horus heresy box?
>>
>>43536822
Family and friends in Adelaide, don't go there often though.
>>
>>43535499
what weapon is this? Is that a melter?
>>
>>43537360
Yep, thats a Meltagun.
>>
File: IG2.png (57 KB, 676x1123) Image search: [Google]
IG2.png
57 KB, 676x1123
Not sure what the preferred method of putting lists up is, but this is all the IG I have so far. Wondering what I should go for for my next buy?
I was thinking probably either some command personnel for my command squad or some character commanders (Creed, Yarrick etc.)

Also, is it better to have the HW teams by themselves or just attatched to platoons as I currently do?
Also have Dark Angels I could use an attatchment force, would this be worth using with IG or is it better to go straight IG?
>>
>>43537501
Better to have the HW teams by themselves
>>
>>43537501
If you're doing combined squads, get priests to avoid falling back and survive longer if you get assaulted.
If you're going to 1000 points, you need more tanks. Something with strong AT power like a Manticore/Deathstrike will do. Try and get some goodies for your company command squad like a Lascannon to benefit from that BS4.
>>
>>43537149
There's actually a fair few of us, we all frequent the GW in the mall (in the CBD), since it's really the only place to play aside from at home.

>>43537172
Yup, I used to work there actually.
>>
>>43537572
Do you mean a Veteran Heavy Weapons Squad for company command with a lascannon? Would it be better to get some more infantry and make, say, 3 platoons with 20 troops each or just pit all 60 into one platoon?

Also yeah looking to get some more second hand Leman Russ tanks and I'll look into a Manticore. I'm pretty new to 40k and Deathstrike seems to have a lot of special rules attatched I"m not familiar with.
>>
Did Mankind (during the Dark Age of Technology), Necrons, or Eldar ever sent ships to colonize other galaxies? Just in case.
>>
Hi guys,
my friend recently got a 'nid army and we played our first game. his HQ is a hive tyrant (i think) modelled in such a way so that it's propped up on it's tail. at one point in our game, he said it was changing from swooping to gliding, and so it's profile (i was shooting at it with a russ) was actually lower then the model, and so i couldnt draw LOS over a building. His logic was that in 'landing' it's model became lower for purposes of line of sight. when I contested this, he said 'well why even have the tail, everyone would just model it without for advantage'.
I dont think there's any rules backing his interpretation, all i can think of is 'you dont draw LOS against wings or weapons'.
is there something written somewhere I can show him so we at least dont have to argue this every game?
sincerely,
some guy
>>
>>43537631
Put a Lascannon into your command squad. Then constantly spam "On my target" and "Take it down".
I didn't say, before but if you fire the main gun on your Leman Russ, the other weapons will be hitting on 6s because the gun is ordnance. It's best to just leave the Tank with a hull heavy Bolter or Flamer.
>>
>>43537851
Cover is determined by model covers, as per the rules. However, you can't draw LoS to something by like. It's flag or antenna or something.

By this logic, your friend is a faggot.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (45 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
45 KB, 1152x648
>>43537874
to clarify, he wanted me to agree to drop his models 'actual position' by the height the tail had boosted, since he had 'landed it'. it had been in gliding the entire time, so i wasnt even sure what he meant by 'landing'. hes the kind of guy that argues a unit having two guns modelled and 'twin linked weapon' in it's profile means it's two twin linked guns, as well as forgetting to pay the extra 100 points for the additional two zoanthropes in a squad of 3.
>>
>>43537851
Yes, your friend is a faggot. You can model a Flyrant on the ground, but doing it for advantage (and not just because you prefer the model) is bullshit to the max. The Flyrant can already gain a 4+ cover if his left feet is on a ruin base even if he's flying, so even more bullshit.

This is like those guys who argued that you can't draw los to bikes and cavarly because the bike itself is "equipment" and not the body, so if you can't see the rider itself is out of sight.
>>
So with a new IA book and Eldar Corsairs coming up I'm really considering starting a jungle/forest themed space faggot pirate army.

I've always loved the aesthetics of Dark Eldar, but been a bit put off by the extreme edgyness and their weak rules, regular Eldar seem like a bunch of annoying faggots, but Corsairs are right up my alley.

So are there any corsairbros with experience what's a good way to set up a list? Since they seem able to take both DE and Craftworld eldar weapons, what are good combos? Are Splinter Cannons good on bikes? Are Falcons good? I've never played Xeno stuff or fast armies before, so it'll be a big change.
>>
>>43537851
I remember a cheesy technique was to build your models as low as you can so they can benefit from medium-sized covers.
I don't know if that's still allowed though.
>>
>>43537920
Never take Splinter weapons over Shurikan ones.
>>
>>43536039
This wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the sperg that keeps shitting up these generals with "MUH ORDINATUS" when it is pretty obvious it isn't actually that good.
>>
>>43538019
>>43537920
Do not listen to this faggot.
>>
>>43536214
If you want to shittalk, you should at least ATTEMPT to make a coherent message.
>>
File: wb.jpg (65 KB, 559x506) Image search: [Google]
wb.jpg
65 KB, 559x506
>>43535499
I love the backpacks with swords.
>>
Do you have to deploy the auxiliary detachments as part of a "decurion contingent", or can you field them individually?
>>
>>43536267
Jesus christ, stop talking, because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, AND you clearly didn't read the message you replied to properly.

Riptides get insta death'd, sure, if they fail their 3++. Considering the cost between the models, that is a lot of riptides you can bring, and even with an apocalyptic blast marker, you still need to target something, and someone with even half a brain could just position his units so you would have to spend the entire game trying to hit everything - and you still have a 3++ save to punch through, and even the 2+ to wound can fail.

Nobody would ever place their ghostkeel in a way that you could indirectly target them through something else. If someone does do that, you don't need the ordinatus, because then you could probably table them no matter what.

This thing is a nightmare for GCs and superheavies, but against infantry with invuls, or even an MC like the Riptide that had a 3++ save, it is no where near as powerful as you make it out to be, not for that point cost.

Also remember how expensive it is
You are assuming people will try to kill it as the first possible action. That is pointless. Kill everything around it, and finish it off last. Or don't, and just grab objectives.

Besides, I think you are overestimating how durable this would actually be in a real game. From your message, it doesn't sound likr you actually play the game, to be honest.
>>
>>43536200
>>43536211
>>43536220
too much wrong with these lists for anyone to bother commenting, search the tactics pages on 1d4chan and go from there.
>>
>>43538271
The ones that are formations in the book can be fielded individually. The other ones can't.
>>
>>43536859
first founding gets you many perks, also Sanguinius is like the imperiums version of father christmas IIRC
>>
Which army has the best access to eternal warrior? Everything seems to either have insane amounts of Strength(or just straight up strength D), or straight up instant death, and I am looking for an army less susceptible to it all.

And I don't particularly want vehicles/walkers
>>
>>43537920
Damn, you sound exactly like me right now! I've decided that jump corsairs with some fire dragons (also what's the fluff on different paint schemes for eldar exiles? I want to paint them up as punks/2nd ed eldar but I don't know how fluffy that is) in a raider/wave serpent with the prince also being in a raider alongside a retinue which I'm not too sure of yet.

I don't think you should take it too seriously, they're looking to be a powerful army anyway so middling choices shouldn't gimp you.
>>
>>43538019
You saying Rending-lite assault gun is better than 4+ wounding bolter?
>>
>>43538141
How would he grab the sword from its sheath?
>>
One question, chaos space marines are powered by demon shit? if so, would it be correct to say that they are superior/stronger than regular marines?
>>
>>43538722
Nop.
>>
>>43538722

Individually, they are, but also much less organized. On the tabletop this is represented by giving them an extra attack. But Chaos makes them undisciplined. They lose Combat Tactics and They lose And They Shall Know No Fear rules.
>>
>>43538699
shush you
>>
>>43538759
ah thanks
>>
>>43538699
Clearly it's for someone else in his squad. Before close combat is expected they all form a ring and take their combat blade from each others backs.

No you're right it's a bad place to put it.
>>
How do you deal with flying tyrants and mawlocs in a IG gunline?
>>
>>43538759
>On the tabletop this is represented by giving them an extra attack
What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>43538987
Buy AA, spread your units and kill the Lictors if you have move within 6"
>>
>>43538987
Does he have more than 2 flyrants?
Then just don't play that faggot.
Otherwise your best bet is vendettas, or sabres with lascannons
>>
>>43538699
lift his left arm and grab the weapon with his right hand through the armpit.
Or release the magnet, turn around and catch it in the air - Marine style.
>>
File: ultramuhreens.jpg (70 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
ultramuhreens.jpg
70 KB, 600x620
Plastic Iron kits when?
>>
File: 100 points of whatever..png (64 KB, 676x1318) Image search: [Google]
100 points of whatever..png
64 KB, 676x1318
Finally trying to start up a marine force.
Want to a real tanky mother fucker.
Recently bought the models to make pic related.

Now, i have no idea what to give anyone as ranged weaponry. Anything i should add ?

Once i've built and painted most of it, i plan to add a thunderfire cannon or two once the next paycheck comes int.
>>
>>43539299
Why tactical squads rather than bike squads as troops? You seem to have slightly wimped out on carrying the theme through all the way.

I love the hussars command squad though. Top work.
>>
File: Bluhd Angells.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Bluhd Angells.png
2 MB, 1440x900
Is the novel Mega down, or is it just me?
>>
>>43539337
Mostly because i'm slightly drunk and didnt think of it.

And thanks, going for a middle eastern cavalry theme with my chapter, with the main bulk being a scary giant cavalry charge.
>>
>>43538412
Play Horde armies bruh, like Renegades & Heretics.

"Oh you got D-guns? Cute, I have 200 Fearless ob.sec models at 3points each, go ahead"
>>
Does GW sell skimmer bases? I searched using "skimmer base" with no result. What should I call it?
>>
>>43539437

Have you thought about searching flier or just base and browsing, what are these for? Do you know the size you need?
>>
>>43539437
They call them flying bases. Don't ask why.
>>
>>43539371
it's been down for a while
>>
File: 1.png (183 KB, 1010x877) Image search: [Google]
1.png
183 KB, 1010x877
>>43539437
They call them "Flying" bases.
>>
>Renegades & Heretics
Would people give me shit if I used these as Renegade Infantry? I hate the FW ones and the plastic Cultists are equally unappealing
>>
>>43539404
That doesn't help much against large blasts ignoring cover. I am not picky, I just don't feel like spending 20 each movement phase.
>>
>>43539476
You could make angry looking Cadians.
>>
>>43539468
>>43539462
>>43539463

They are for landspeeders, I do not have a reference so I am guessing 60mm?
>>
>>43539478
>I am not picky, I just don't feel like spending 20 each movement phase.
20 MINUTES. My phone deleted that word for some reason.

Is there really.no army with even somewhat reliable access to eternal warrior? That is kinda dumb, considering how much instant death and strength D there is in this game.
>>
>>43539476
IIRC those guys are about marine sized, so that could be an issue. Other than that I don't see a problem.
>>
>>43539520
>about marine sized
#allnatty
>>
>>43539476
They're lacking firearms, which might be a problem.

Still, I bet you could get loads for cheap off of ebay thanks to the starter set.
>>
>>43539476
They come on 32mm bases and because some of them are doing the splits they might look a bit odd on a plain 25mm base. I'm currently painting some of these up to use in my Renegade army, and I'm planning on using cork as rocks, strengthened with a glue/water mixture, to make some small extentions on the 25mm bases so they fit.

Other than that they work well, they are bigger than regular 40k humans but Chaos has always had beefier dudes (actually a Fantasy thing but fuck that detail)
>>
>>43539299
At 1k points? Drop the shield eternal and storm shield, take the burning blade instead. You also don't need the gorgons chain at 1k points.

With the points saved, you should be able to swap the tacticals to bikes, give them power lance sargents and melta bombs, then left over points is melta bombs on IC's first, then other stuff.

Otherwise looks great, nice theme. Would love to do it myself sometime.

>>43539478
>20 minutes each movement phase
How? You simply measure the front ranks properly and then move everything up in formation. How else can a man get 150+ guardsmen up the field in under 5 minutes?
>>
>>43539520
>IIRC those guys are about marine sized
Who isn't in this game
>>
>>43539584
FW IG?
>>
>>43539478
>>43539499

Blasts are a problem as it takes more time spreading out a horde army yeah. You could use Void Shields to protect your army, but they disappear from just being Hit by a D-weapon, so...

Eternal Warrior is actually pretty rare and reserved for special character models. You'll never find it on a regular multi-wound infantry/beast.

Best way to protect yourself against all the shooting is playing with a lot LOS-blocking terrain, utilizing it, etc.
>>
>>43539595
FW make their guardsmen smaller than GW does.
>>
>>43539631
>Eternal Warrior is actually pretty rare and reserved for special character models.
Meanwhile, S8 or higher is everywhere. That's pretty lame, honestly. Should remake instant death to d3 wounds at most, though that wouldn't help much against strength D, which is also everywhere.
>>
>>43539631
bringing back the old LoS rules would fix so many problems
>>
>>43539575
Bikebro here.
Might try out what you said.
Why is the gorgons chains not needed at 1k points ?
I'm very new to space marines so i have no idea about any of this.
>>
>>43539679
>S8 or higher is everywhere. That's pretty lame
Tell me about it. Tyranid Warriors and their ilk would be a solid choices if they wouldn't get blow sky high by Battle Cannons and the like.
>>
Yesterday I asked about Salamanders as I am looking to start.

I bought Vulkans model since it looked sick and my friend who is getting me into this said I could use that as any HQ I want within reason.

I also picked up four boxes of Tactical Marines.

We hashed out a list for about 1250 so I can actually use Salamander tactics.

I used his spare Eldar army the other day and got two games in.

Anyway here is the list we came up with for Salamanders - 1250:

Vulkan He'stan (190pts)

_________

Dreadnought (145pts)
Multi-melta - Power Fist + Heavy Flamer

Drop Pod (35pts)

_________

Dreadnought (145pts)
Multi-melta - Power Fist + Heavy Flamer

Drop Pod (35pts)

_________

Sternguard Veteran Squad (220pts)

4 Veteran w/ Combi-Meltas
Veteran Sergeant (57pts) -
Combi-melta (10pts), Power Fist (25pts)

Drop Pod (35pts)

_________

Tactical Squad (260pts)

9x Space Marines - Meltagun (10pts), Multi-melta (10pts), Seargen w/ Combi-melta (10pts), Power Fist (25pts)

Razorback (65pts)
Extra Armour (10pts), Twin-linked Heavy Flamer

________

Tactical Squad (260pts)

9x Space Marines - Meltagun (10pts), Multi-melta (10pts), Seargen w/ Combi-melta (10pts), Power Fist (25pts)

Razorback (65pts)
Extra Armour (10pts), Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
>>
File: for-what-purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
for-what-purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>>43532392
> squadding Dreadnaughts

You're allowed 3 elites in the FOC to remain Battle-Forged, so you are probably better off splitting that 3-dread squad into a 1-dread and a 2-dread, no? To avoid wounds spilling over onto other dreads?
>>
>>43539888

Wait you are starting a 1250 game with three models on the board and one of them is your warlord?

Back to the drawing board kiddo.
>>
>>43539888

I agree with >>43539905 atleast put the Stern in a razorback or something and put Vulkan with them or he is going to die turn 1 every game.
>>
>>43539905
Vulkan is clearly going in with the sternguard, genius.
>>
As a complete noob SM player, can anyone quickly tell me what units have acces to apothecaries or FeelNoPain in any form ?
>>
>>43539989
If you play iron hands or red scorpions, all of them.
>>
>>43540027
Well besides the obivious chapter tactics.
I plan to usse iron hands anyway, but i want to know wich units i can boost the fnp on even more.
>>
>>43539437
>>43539495
The 32mm ones are good for tau drones/small jetbikes or similar. The 60 mm ones are good for deffkoptas/DE raiders and bigger stuff.
Just check if you need the version with the ball on top or the one without.
>>
>>43540038
Ah, so you're a powergamer. Look it up yourself, powergamer.
>>
>>43539729
Honestly, at that point value in a normal game it's just excessive. You will be fine without it. Please note most "GOTTA TAKE X" stuff is for min maxers. Since you're clearly not going to be playing against hyper min maxed netlists, there's no need to take the chain or the shield eternal.

Make your army and list more fluffy, you'll not only get more games but be happier.

Also it might be prudent to add a melta gun or two to the tactics/normal bikes if you add them. Primarily for destroying big tanks. Otherwise with all the lance action and boltguns, you look good.

The burning blade is supposed to be some massive sword, so it can easily be a lance at that point, fits your army more, also helps it's a great AP 2 weapon.
>>
>>43538106
Ordinatus with sonic-doohickey is hideously good... but not for its point cost. There is no denying its power but its costs reflects it.
>>
>>43540108
Not really, but whatever.
Just want the tankiest marines as possible since i'll be playing with a low model count anyway.

>>43540110
Ah fair enough. Might magnetize and try out different things then. I don't wanna minmax, i just want fun games.

What's the stats on the burning blade again ?
>>
>>43540038
Read your fucking codex

Only Command Squads can get an Apothecary. Otherwise, the only way you're getting FNP is from Librarians getting lucky on the Biomancy table
Worth noting that Cassius, the Ultramarines Chaplain SC, has FNP, but he doesn't give it to his squad
>>
>>43535583
Huh. This truly bad ass fluff.

Can someone explain what's going on in the rest of this scene?
>>
>>43540175
>Huh. This truly bad ass fluff.
How? I'm not seeing it, and he's a Sorcerer. He knows nothing on machines. Trust a tech marine or a Warpsmith.
>>
>>43539888

Putting Vulkan and the Stern in another Razorback would be fine and by my math your total is 1220 so you can take out the drop od and ut in another Twinlinked Heavy Flamer Razorback.

Early deepstrike or artillery may ruin your day but with all the melta you have you certainly understand what you want to be doing.
>>
>>43540046

I need them for Land Speeders, how do I check?

I bought them used with no stands. Two have a clear plastic cone under it the third just has a dot that I assume is where the cone shouldve been.

Besides the no stands, two missing passenger torso and god awful paint jobs I think I did well for $20
>>
>>43540241

I thought deepstriking with Vulkan and Stern would pack a good punch aren't razorbacks a bit slow and poopy for my HQ to ride in?

Again this is from a new player perspective so just pretend I am the devil's advocate instead of an idiot.
>>
>>43540158
Well Blood Angels have Sanguinary Priests in their HQ-slots and they give away FNP to their squads.
>>
Can someone tell me what this final tau book is about as in whats in it?

Also release dates?
>>
Hey /tg/, let's say an opponent goes against you and says he's fielding ultramarines for a 40k game. When he's done setting up, you notice that all he has are mkIV marines painted alpha legion, hydras and all. When you ask him about his army, he looks at you bewildered and says "What? Those are clearly ultramarines." and continues the game. Next week, you notice he's playing "Crimson Fists" with the exact same army, and "Iron Hands" the next. How would you react to this. I plan on doing this with the plastic heresy marines, also using them as normal CSM
>>
>>43540484

>justspacemarinethhings.jpg

As long we are on the same competitive level and you tell me before the match its your choice.
>>
>>43540484
Make a banner or something for each chapter, just to be pplite and show off what they really are at a glance.
>>
File: 1243682709.png (51 KB, 267x289) Image search: [Google]
1243682709.png
51 KB, 267x289
>>43540484
I mean whatever, but I'd probably react more favorably if you just said you were using ultra/fist/raven guard/CSM/whatever tactics.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.