[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Numenera thread. What locales have you adventured in? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10
File: Wields-Magnetism-Yanner.jpg (376 KB, 1856x1215) Image search: [Google]
Wields-Magnetism-Yanner.jpg
376 KB, 1856x1215
Numenera thread.

What locales have you adventured in?

Is Intellect the OP stat since so few creatures have Armor against those attacks?

Does anyone have the Into The Night PDF?
>>
File: 1446933271125.gif (737 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1446933271125.gif
737 KB, 200x250
Holy shit, people actually play Numenera?
>>
>>43529771
Err, yes? Where do you think you are, /sp/ or something?
>>
A Numenera thread?! Unheard of.

I've been in a campaign for half a year now and I'm really enjoying it.

Intellect is good, I run a Nano who Talks to Machines, but I haven't run into it being too OP. I dump pretty hard into it which leaves my might and speed pools pretty low. My current campaign is all over the place, we ran the Devil's Spine adventure for a while and that went hilariously off the rails and now we're in completely homebrew territory, my DM is pretty great. Currently headed west from the Cicalian jungle to the cloud crystal skyfields.
>>
>>43530377
Awesome! I'm looking for a Num campaign myself.
>>
>>43529771
No. This thread is a trap intended to catch inelegan/tg/entlemen poseurs who think Numenera is acceptable.
>>
Never played it, but perhaps I'll run it eventually. Setting is nice, but runs head-on into "loads of random bullshit that looks cool but completely destroys any sort of consistent feel to the setting".

Not a fan of how they handle classes, either. For a setting with as much crazy bullshit as this, I'd expect things to be more open-ended.

Though, that's all easy enough to fix with a little work.
>>
File: 1446774030008.jpg (160 KB, 1024x1314) Image search: [Google]
1446774030008.jpg
160 KB, 1024x1314
>>43531238
>loads of random bullshit that looks cool but completely destroys any sort of consistent feel to the setting

I partly agree, there's a lot of randomness and some of the random artwork doesn't help give a unified feel to the setting, but the concepts of numenera, cyphers and class powers helps to stitch things together.

I'd like to add more stuff about phase worlds, the datasphere and bioware to it.
>>
>>43531745

Party of me wants to run it like Planescape. All these ridiculous possibilities beyond what you can even count, but filtered through a more stable framework that allows all those disparate pieces to come together and interact.
>>
File: 1321121075918.jpg (39 KB, 413x648) Image search: [Google]
1321121075918.jpg
39 KB, 413x648
>>43532064
Part of me wants to run it in Rifts. Wouldn't that be wild?
>>
What is this game actually about? Sci Fi/Fantasy? I only ever hear people talk about how unplayable it is, never what the game is actually about.
>>
File: !1293518154728.jpg (425 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
!1293518154728.jpg
425 KB, 1024x768
>>43532762
It's a far-future science fantasy world based on novels like Viriconium, The Book of the New Sun, Aeon Flux and similar stuff.

Basically you're on Earth where mighty galactic civilizations have come and gone and now you're a peasant who calls a plasma rifle a pyrolance. Forgotten technology is so advanced it really is indistinguishable from magic.

It's definitely playable, don't know why anyone would say otherwise. Rules are very light but balanced and comprehensive.
>>
>>43532892
huh...is it class based? multi racial or just humans?
>>
File: Numenera Players Guide.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Numenera Players Guide.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43532920
Class-based (basically Fighter/Wizard/Thief) but with a lot of skills/powers/racial modification options that provide a lot of permutations.

Have the basic player's guide.
>>
>>43532999
Thanks I will give this a try ad see if my group is interested.
>>
I find the Steadfast to be the most boring place in the setting. It's basically a bunch of fantasy kingdoms with magical powers (butnotreally, loltechnology). I understand that every setting needs a place of civilization where PCs can rest and replenish, but I'd have preferred a bunch of scattered city-states instead of actual medieval kingdoms.
>>
File: strangler.jpg (150 KB, 800x477) Image search: [Google]
strangler.jpg
150 KB, 800x477
>>
File: ThomTenery_KeysToDecember.jpg (693 KB, 685x1100) Image search: [Google]
ThomTenery_KeysToDecember.jpg
693 KB, 685x1100
>>
Was thinking of running Endless Legend in the Cypher system. Might be fun.
>>
>>43529771
I've had the book for about seven months now, mainly because I love settings like Numenera where it heavily mixes science fiction and fantasy, and the concept of it being a billion years in the future is really cool, and great fodder for developing a storyline.

I don't think I'll get a chance to play it in the near-future, though, since I'm currently GMing an Iron Kingdoms game, and my group has our next two games (Pathfinder and Dark Heresy) already planned, so we're set for the next year or so.

But oh well, at least the book is fun to read, and I do enjoy planning for it. I've toyed with the idea of running a campaign where almost all major sci-fi franchises happened (to a point), and have the characters come across things that range from phasers and spice to chainswords and MJOLNIR armor.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of into the night?
>>
>>43529729
We had a near 300 post, 30+ people Numenera thread going on all this week that had zero troll posts.

Couldn't you, y'know, give it a while before making another?
>>
>>43534953
mah nigga, when I played Endless legend first thing I thought of was Numenera
>>
>>43535714
Speaking of this, does anyone have a PDF collection overall of the game?
>>
>>43539305
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:20DDF78FD2CA6328FC85B948ED68470251AD4B0E&dn=numenera+collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337
>>
File: capy_city_drift.jpg (294 KB, 796x464) Image search: [Google]
capy_city_drift.jpg
294 KB, 796x464
>>43538479
>give it a while before making another?
Why, is there a shortage of thread online or something?
>>
>>43540003
Sometimes it's nice to enjoy the afterglow instead of trying to force threads until they die out.
>>
Been mastering it for a month or so, completely homebrewed campaign in which big monkeys and various astralopitecus species invade the world fighting with ancient roman empire weapons and strategies, even names (Caesar, augustus, Scipio and such generals).
The objective is the players struggling to run away from the monkeys, sometimes fighting them but never being able to win completely, until they get to the beyond and find a way to defeat them.
Players love it and sessions are great times, problem is I can't manage to give it it's own taste and I find a lot of times having a "fallout with some more magic/weird stuff" setting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.