[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Tyranids a direct threat to the Chaos Gods or C'tan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Tyranid_hivemind_by_rm2kking.jpg (73 KB, 798x666) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid_hivemind_by_rm2kking.jpg
73 KB, 798x666
Are Tyranids a direct threat to the Chaos Gods or C'tan?
>>
Well Chaos Gods only really exist because they have worshippers, no worshippers = no presence or influence in the material plane
>>
>>43523280
To the C'Tan? No.

To the Chaos Gods? Yes, in a way. They will eat everything that feeds Chaos, therefore weakening it.
>>
Yes, to both. They're eating their food.
>>
>>43523345
Oh wait
>direct threat

I'm a faggot, ignore my post please.
>>
>>43523315
That's the same logic that lead to the heresy.
No, chaos gods don't need direct worship, they are formed and live on the emotions and desires of living creatures.
>>
>>43523326
So if the Tyranids win, wiping all life but their own from this galaxy, then the Chaos Gods would die?
>>
>>43523280
Direct? No
They can indirectly fuck their shit up

In particular, the hive mind recognizes daemonic entities to a rival galactic predator, would surely directly harm them if it was possible to do so in a safe way I say
>>
What happens if the shadow in the warp falls upon the eye of terror?
>>
>>43523455
>to
*as
>>
>>43523455
Well... there are a couple billion galaxies in the universe, and if one or a few dozen go out...
Anyone knows some fluff about Chaos outside the Milky Way?
>>
File: umm.png (5 KB, 85x126) Image search: [Google]
umm.png
5 KB, 85x126
What if the Hivemind evolved to a higher plane of existence, thereby able to challenge the Chaos Gods directly? Is that even possible? Didn't the Emprah do something like that?
>>
I suspect that the current chaos gods would die if the tyrannids won, but due to the nature of chaos new gods would rise in the form of emotions and concepts familiar to the tyrannids, like hunger, and I know at least one of the current gods would simply rejoin that pantheon in a new form.
As for the C'tan.... I'm not sure? I'd put them at the same power level, but they're so wildly different in terms of how their power is distributed that it's kinda hard to compare them. In any one on one fight the C'tan have the advantage of being pretty much gods physically, but at the same time there's just so many tyrannids, and the only so many years in the lifespan of the universe.

>>43523663
eh, that's a humans are special case, no writer would ever consider the tyrannids doing something like that, but I'm sure they technically have the ability to.
>>
>>43523446
They wouldn't die but their influence in this galaxy would greatly diminish and without new souls to torment their interest would lessen.
>>
>>43523280
Not by the C'tan because their influence is restricted mostly to the current galaxy and tyranids come from galaxy different from the one WH40K takes place in. For the Chaos Gods? Possibly. Depending if they have a connection to the Warp they might be feeding one of the Chaos Gods' powers or have created themselves a god born from their desire to only feed.
>>
>>43523421
living sentient creatures you baboon.
I doubt it if one trillionth of all tyranid live forms can think beyond 'rip and tear', and that doesn't help Khorne because they're just animals.
>>
>>43523801
you need souls to make a chaos god. Billions of them as well.
>>
>>43523455
Not to mention the Shadow of the Warp effect causes Daemons to flicker in real space.
>>
>>43524027
I'm sure Slaanesh has a few left from the whole Eye of Terror shenanigan.
>>
>>43523687
The Tyranids would fall apart in a day if the C'tan ever switched on the pylons.
>>
>>43523446
They wouldn't specifically "die" just their influence would fade into nothingness in the shadow of the Nid Hivemind and other Warp entites that they kept in check would probably rebel against them too.
>>
>>43524234
How do you figure?

And aren't they already on, due to the fact that are stabilizing the Cadian Gate?
>>
>>43523663
Nobody truly knows what exactly the Nid Hivemind is because almost everyone that attempted to communicate or even make contact with it suffered major SAN losses or even death. Except maybe Tigurius of the Ultramarines who is supposed to be the only one that didn't go insane after tapping into the Hivemind but what he saw remains an enigma.

Some theories say that the hivemind is actually warp horror itself akin to the Chaos gods just one that is fundamentally different. Other theories say it but a collection of the instinctual patterns of the nid collective superorganism and doesn't really have a mind of its own.

The answer is that we simply do not know. The Hivemind itself may or may not be able to eat warp entities just like the nids eat biomass and one day may eat the chaos gods. But it can happen that it doesn't even care about the chaos gods
>>
>>43523512
No because the 40k fluff deals only with the Milky Way galaxy.
>>
File: Necron kraken.jpg (155 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Necron kraken.jpg
155 KB, 700x700
>>43524316
Those are not all of their pylons just one of them.

We don't really know what happen. Necrons are supposed to have technology that can hack the whole setting they just don't use any of it because plot.
>>
>>43524316
A few of them are, but the complete network was designed to shut off the warp entirely and the Tyranids depend on the warp almost as much as Chaos.
>>
>>43524316
Nids need the warp to work as a hive mind. Pylons turn off the warp. Making big enough pylons sever the warp. Make pylons, destroy hivemind.
>>
>>43524579
>Making big enough pylons sever the warp. Make pylons, destroy hivemind.

Now try to explain those Necron construction teams suddenly popping up on human worlds in hive mind's path. Ordo Xenos would go crazy trying to figure out why they're making architecture rather than war.

On a more serious note, this sounds like a plan the Silent King could probably work on (wasn't Szarekh's endgame killing off the Tyranids?). As to why he's not doing it, either he can't because he doesn't have tech/crypteks/resources, can't because it wouldn't actually work or can't because plot.
>>
>>43524769
Szarekh is mostly still trying to unify the Necrons first. Removing the Hivemind is helpful, but theres still the physical Tyranids themselves, which while easy to do, still requires a lot of actual Necrons. Further more, the Necrons( or at least Szarekh) want mortal bodies with souls. Using the Pylons too much would ruin that plan.
>>
>>43524769
>why they're making architecture rather than war
Maybe they're constructing additional pylons?
>>
>>43525057
kek
>>
>>43525057
If the skelebots ignored civillian populace during their civil engineering projects, it would seem pretty unnecrony. That's what I meant by OX going crazy.
>"Why aren't they murdering us?! Should I call the Astartes?!! Why aren't we being murdered?!!!"
>>
>>43523280
Theyre a threat to both, enough Nids could take down a Ctan, would need to be thousands of hive ships to solo a single ctan though mind you!

Theyre a threat to chaos because theyre eating all their "food"
>>
>>43525370
All I see is an inquisitor slapping a necron which is just ignoring them and screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?! TALK, DAMN YOU, TALK!"
>>
>>43525724
Now I can see it too, and it is gloriously hilarious. "Kek" doesn't even begin to describe it.
>>
File: Citation Needed XKCD.png (29 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
Citation Needed XKCD.png
29 KB, 300x163
>>43524579
>Nids need the warp to work as a hive mind.
Except the Warp and the Tyranids are incompatible. Shadow of the Warp happens and cuts off worlds.
>>
File: 1434392855666.jpg (39 KB, 544x435) Image search: [Google]
1434392855666.jpg
39 KB, 544x435
>>43523280
>Implying that the hivemind isn't the chaos god of the primal instinct to feed that would inevitably develop in the warp of any galaxy where life evolved but sapient life didn't.

I'm fairly certain "The Great Devourer" is a chaos god from a part of space where the warp reflected a fundamentally different reality. It won its great game, and is coming to win this one.
>>
>>43523512

makes you wonder why the nids came here anyway.

>>43526836

interesting idea, but what if the nids were fleeing something?
>>
>>43527231
They are fleeing something: galaxies that they've eaten.
>>
>>43525865
You mean to tell me the Shadow of the Warp isn't the Hive Mind's presence?
>>
>>43527231
>makes you wonder why the nids came here anyway.
I recall something about them finding prey by their psychic mark in the warp. Then there's the Astronomican and I'm sure you can put 1 and 1 together from there.
>>
>>43525865
Its called a shadow in the warp because there are so many Tyranids that manifesting anything else that ISNT Tyranids is impossible
>>
>>43523446
Disregard other posts, yes, they would die.

Chaos is the result of the conscious and subconscious thoughts of all races with souls. If those races go extinct, chaos stops. Gradually, the warp calms and goes back to its pre-chaos state.

Other posters are confused because the idea that chaos is fed by worship is wrong - but that doesn't mean chaos can survive independent of mortals.

>>43523687
>Implying the Hive Mind isn't the Chaos God of Order
>>
>>43523512
The only thing we know is that probes sent outside the Galaxy have heard Orks.
>>
>>43523663
Maybe it already did that. The Hive Mind ocurred when pre-tyranids ate the warp itself in their galaxy, and brought it with them.

The Shadow in the Warp is what happens when a Warp superimposes upon another.

And that's why tyranids can use so much psychic powers and telepathy for their benefit. And the zoanthrope is simply a new breed better adapted to the local warp conditions.
>>
>>43523446
Well yeah, the win state for the Tyranids, just like the win state for almost every other faction, would mean that by definition every other faction would lose.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.