[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5e Character Creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: senordrow.jpg (41 KB, 1024x495) Image search: [Google]
senordrow.jpg
41 KB, 1024x495
/tg/, assist me in making my next 5e Character, a Half-Drow Warlock to go against the Out of The Abyss module. He is supposed to be level 5.

How athletic am I?
How agile am I?
How tough am I?
Am I smart?
Wise?
Charming?

Who did I pledge myself to? What boom did they grant me?

Any special advice? Tactics I should use?

The party has a wizard (bladesinger) and a rogue (spell-thief).
>>
File: 3533225235.gif (35 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
3533225235.gif
35 KB, 267x200
>half drow
>>
>>43523101
Read the book
>>
>>43523111
Is it bad? I wanted the variant that allowed me to pick Drow Magic instead of Versatile.
>>
>>43523134
What book should I read?
>>
>>43523101
Why of course, valued ally!
Let me help you to begin your epic quest.
Of course, Charisma is your dump stat. You only need that if you want to play a diplomancer, and you already have the half-elf stat bonus.
Instead, put your highest stat in Intelligence. After all, how else are you going to make your Arcana checks when you need to?
Next is Strength, because we want to pick the Pact of the Blade, which is obviously the strongest pact. Make sure to always use another weapon so you can dual-wield with your pact weapon.
We don't need that much Dexterity or Constitution, so feel free to dump those, too, if you're pointbuying.
Perception is practically useless, so don't pick it, even if you have the skills to spare.
If you want to use Pact of the Blade (which we do), you simply must pick Archfey as your patron. Fey Presence is your go-to for intimidating enemies, and is extremely useful.
For spells, pick Blade Ward for resistance when you need it and True Strike so when it comes down to brass tacks you can hit your target, like when an enemy is getting away.
First-level spells we want are Expeditious Retreat for the extra movement and Illusory Script for intrigue missions.
As for invocations, you want to grab Armor of Shadows as fast as you can for the AC bonus early on. It's like a free Mage Armor without the casting!

Since we're dealing with a male half-drow here, you should be a Hermit because you were shunned by both humkans and drow because of your ancestry. Your meditation led you to find your patron, and you believe you have the secret that will fix drow relations with the surface once and for all, with their help from the Feywild.

If you haven't realized yet that this is a troll post, you should probably READ THE FUCKING BOOK (5th edition PHB) like you ought to have in the first place.
>>
>>43523171
It's not bad per se, but a lot of players have baggage about it.

Because of the popularity of the FR novels being drow or half-drow can be a red flag that the person will end up being a bit narcissistic or a prima donna or otherwise use it as an excuse to act out juvenile tortured-soul scenarios.
>>
>>43523101
You should have a talk with your DM about character building, not strangers on 4chan.
>>
>>43523506
I have read all of the core rulebook and scag, but damn if I don't want to make a character just like you said now. Made me chuckle very much so.
>>
File: retard.jpg (45 KB, 381x333) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
45 KB, 381x333
>>
File: thedrowneverends.jpg (154 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
thedrowneverends.jpg
154 KB, 500x374
>>43523562
I am the DM most of the time. When the DM has a doubt he asks me. He wanted to do the OoTA module so I thought sure, let it go.

I am just using /tg/ for my very selfish entertainment. I create so many NPCs and sheets all the time, it's fun letting other people do it for me for once.

>>43523528
Oh, I am fully aware. I would normally be very conscious of people trying to pull the same shit with me. Honestly, just taking it because I can. It was either that or a tiefling for full on cliche.
>>
>>43523101
>Warlock
No. You already have a caster and he'll be better than you regardless.

If you want to be a half-drow, you should have either high charisma or average, because your race makes you hated, and being half-drow makes you even more hated.
>>
>>43524431
Its Out of The Abyss. I expect we will all be dead sooner or later.

Do you have an advice for a class?
>>
File: thoughtsieze.jpg (81 KB, 529x428) Image search: [Google]
thoughtsieze.jpg
81 KB, 529x428
Does anyone even play wild sorcerers?
Does anyone know if they'll add new effects to the wild chart?
>>
File: Now We Laugh.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
Now We Laugh.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>43523101
>Printed 5e module
>Making one character
>Not a stack of backups with a random name generator
>MFW
>>
>>43526006
I did once, up to around level 9 before the group fell apart.
I never actually once rolled on the random affects chart. Not even once.
It only happens when you roll a natty 1 and I just never really ended up doing that at any point from levels 1 to 9.

It was kinda odd, because I was constantly expecting screwball randomness, but instead I played a sorcerer with some fate/luck based powers, and generally just being our group's caster.
>>
>>43526006
>>43526276
To be a truly wild mage you need the DM to houserule so that all spells can trigger a table roll, and use the better table.
>>
>>43526006
Twice.
First time I actually did TPK the entire party in our very first encounter with a random fireball straight after I was done explaining that it was rather unlikely I'd ever get that.
So we restarted the campaign then and there with our same characters.

Next time I played a Wild Sorcerer it was ok.
I only rolled on the chart twice between the levels of 1 through to 7 and got a Modron companion both times.
Then our DM got really sick for several months and by the time he was better we decided to start a new campaign then try to pick up from where we left off.
>>
>>43529419
That's nearly hitting FATAL levels of retardation.
That's not something to be proud of. Ever.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.