[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy Board Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 21
So how many have you ordered /tg/?
>>
File: 1415703921184.png (33 KB, 170x273) Image search: [Google]
1415703921184.png
33 KB, 170x273
>>43520563

I ordered a dozen of the white dwarfs with the collectible pin. I'm gonna be raking in the cash hand over fist selling them on ebays
>>
>>43520563
Just 2
>>
>>43520563
Zwei.
>>
>>43520563
>MFW I wanted a Thousand Sons kit.
>>
>>43520563
>having more than one copy of same boardgame
why?
>>
>>43520563
Non. I'll wait and see if it's good first. Otherwise I can just buy stuff of ebay.
>>
>>43521632
>Multiple boxes of cheap plastic Marines in MKIV armour, until now available only in superexpensive FW resin.

Geez, I wonder that too.
>>
>>43521733
well if people can't afford regular 30k army, maybe they should look after 40k or AoS army? Or get a hobby that fits their buget?
>>
>>43521632
>Caring about the board game.
Anon, please.
>>
>>43521566
Ditto. The Thousand Sons' Beetleborg aesthetic is a little too unique to use with this kit.
>>
>>43521786
Does anyone expect GW to ever make a good boardgame?
>>
File: sloth.png (403 KB, 640x381) Image search: [Google]
sloth.png
403 KB, 640x381
>>43520563

none. Left GW in 2014 and aside from the Assassin Boardgame, I've not purchased anything. I was REALLY tempted to get 2, and put them in the basket, but then I remembered I'm too lazy to paint and build them now, too little space to store them, all my friends quit 40k, I'd sooner have £190 on something else this close to christmas.

Too little too late. 2014 I'd have bought 3 of these fuckers.
>>
>>43521774
Even if you can afford a regular 30k army the chance to buy a lot of marines for less than half their regular price is an awesome deal.
>>
I don't really see the appeal of 30k when compared with 40k. It's just a lot of soap opera with less fun Space Marines.
>>
>>43520563
>So how many have you ordered /tg/?

ZERO

I spent 350+ on Tau instead, i'm done with Space Marines, Xeno's all the way from now on.
>>
>>43521874
Better ruleset in terms of power balance (Admech throw it off, but still), very fluffy in terms of what each legion fields and plays, allows CSM players to actually play their legions without being gimped.
>>
>>43520563
I just want some of that sweet mk4 armor for my templar
>>
>>43521874
It's proof that the main problem with 40k wasn't the core rules so much as codex balance, both internal and external. It's actually pretty genius--"we can't make army lists, so we're going to focus every ounce of our energy on a universal list until it works."
>>
>>43521789
>Thousand Sons' Beetleborg aesthetic
... Isn't that just fancast material?

(Kind of want anything, the TS conversion kit is, what, just finecast of the kit from early 3rd edition? )
>>
>>43522294
Well, GW has made it clear that they don't care about balance and throw in esoteric screwball rules on purpose because they think that's part of the game.
>>
File: A-thousand-sons-cover.jpg (158 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
A-thousand-sons-cover.jpg
158 KB, 940x529
>>43522494
Oh, no, it's from the cover of a Horus Heresy book, A Thousand Sons.
>>
>>43521774
>get a hobby that fits their budget
I think this almost every time I visit this board ...
>>
>>43521774
>buying AoS
Let's be reasonable here
>>
>>43522611
... Needs more impressive crests.
>>
File: Word_Bearers_Omnibus_cover_art.jpg (115 KB, 453x709) Image search: [Google]
Word_Bearers_Omnibus_cover_art.jpg
115 KB, 453x709
Big part of me wants to do Word Bearers
Mainly cuz I can get chaos marine boxes, and have a chaos space marine 40k army with 30k rules so that they DON't suck XD
>>
>>43520563

Getting back on topic, I've only ordered 1. I still haven't finished painting the mere 25 power armoured bodies I already have, so 30 more is plenty. Besides which, it's unlikely that I'm going to be fielding 40+ tac marines that soon, let alone 70. Beyond this it's going to be shit like vehicles and special units I need, not more mooks. I just wish there was a source for mkIV jump packs outside of sanguinary guard.
>>
>>43520563
I only bought one box, and I'm gonna try my hardest to finish it before buying anything else.

By the time I'm done, if...
>new plastic kits are out
I'll buy those, otherwise if...
>units in BaC are released as separate boxes
I'll buy more marines and mix with FW stuff, otherwise if...
>BaC is still for sale
I'll buy another box, sell off the termies and dread, otherwise if...
>nothing is available
I'll start buying stuff from FW
>>
>>43521816
Space hulk
>>
>>43520563
Ordered two boxes at the FLGS; also ordered a Deredeo, some Rapiers and a slew of weapon bits from FW.
Still no clue about the legion.
>Word Bearers
the most interesting and *still* plenty powerful special units, useful generalist rules, fantastic fluff
or
>Death Guard
dead easy to paint, fit the planned theme (footloggers with dread support) and have nasty special rules and units as well as a great RoW
Leaning towards WB right now, but I still can't decide. At least I narrowed it down by tossing out Alpha Legion (too limited) and Iron Warriors (already plenty of those around)
>>
£95. I'll give this one a miss also.
>>
>>43523868
That's like 40 years old or something. That's not really indicative of GW's current rule designs.
>>
>>43524088
New edition has changes that are superior to old game
>>
i'll try and get one of the characters off of ebay maybe, shouldn't be too hard considering you can still find dark vengeance stuff for cheap
>>
>>43524067
Are you actually saying that's expensive?
>>
>>43523221
I kind of want to buy plastic CSM kits and put regular SM packs on them and FW Night Lord shoulder pads. Maybe throw in a smattering of FW terror squad skull heads, or just plastic chaplain heads.
>>
File: 1414926477489.jpg (171 KB, 857x1219) Image search: [Google]
1414926477489.jpg
171 KB, 857x1219
>>43520563
I like that it is suppose to be around for a while, I'll pick it up once I've appropriately budgeted for it. It will certainly be a shelved project for a long time though.
>>
>>43521733
>implying there's anything wrong with people wanting to save money
Are you somehow disabled?
>>
>>43524283
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>43520563
I'll get one, mainly cuz the preator has the same loadout as Erasmus Gold XD that makes me very happy
>>
>>43524210

For a handful of miniatures, and some card. Yes.
>>
Zero, I'm waiting to see if more HH stuff goes plastic. I don't want to be forced into expanding my army by buying only from FW in the UK. I just bought 4 Blood Angels Rhino upgrade kits and it set me back over $100. Plus, I don't really like that HH is strictly marines vs. marines.
>>
>>43524797
>I don't really like that HH is strictly marines vs. marines.

It's not, but that's the best part about it anyway.
Besides, you could use it for 40k.
>>
>>43524797
>Plus, I don't really like that HH is strictly marines vs. marines.

Theres the Imperial Army, cults, Solar Auxilia, Demons, Mechanicum and Knights in addition to marines.
>>
>>43521981
>Le Admech OP
Nice meme kid. The thing that made them OP is now 40 ppm.
>>
>>43520563
I ordered one, May end up getting more after I paint these.
For any Ausfags looking to order, Black cultist has them for $208
>>
>Only have MKIII EC Shoulder Pads
Would this look ok on the MKIV armour? I was going to put them on my Veterans.
>>
File: Matejko_Stańczyk.jpg (224 KB, 1280x948) Image search: [Google]
Matejko_Stańczyk.jpg
224 KB, 1280x948
I'm tempted albeit I'm in the middle of finishing my Blood Angels (and I work on one model at a time, it's more enjoyable that way and I can focus more on the details). And I'm on standby until there are new Dwarf models for AoS.
$150 is nothing to sniff at.
>>
>>43520563
Not interested in the game, I just want some of dat mk4 armour. Fok yeah.
>>
>>43526382
Why not order MkIV shoulder pads and save the MkIII for other stuff?
>>
>>43520563
Mostly I just want that sexy, sexy plasma pistol. Don't care for the rest.
>>
>>43526854
box comes with 3
>>
We have any idea when Space Wolves are getting their 30k shit?
>>
>>43527003

Shortly before or with Prospero, which isn't coming for a while.
>>
>>43527003
Same time as 1kSons
So never.
>>
>>43520563
Are the tacs and termies reposable? The fixposed contemptor kinda make me off really
>>
>>43527271
>Are the tacs and termies reposable?

Yes.
>>
>>43527003
>>43527090
>>43527095
Hey guys anybody up for an argument about whose Primarch did nothing wrong?
>>
How many of you are going to shell out the $340 for the FW legion specific kits? How many of you are going to fuck around with transfer sheets? And how many of you are going to freehand those shoulder pads like a boss?
>>
>>43526835
Because I already have the MKIII shoulder pads.
I guess it will make them look unique and they'll blend in a bit better with my Chaos Marines.
>>
File: 1382436373169.jpg (11 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
1382436373169.jpg
11 KB, 193x261
>>43527314

Neither, it's the Emperor's fault
>>
>>43527271
The marines are almost exactly the same as the FW version, looks for the sprue pics
>>
>>43527314
>Primarchs did nothing wrong.

All of them did something wrong.

But if it's Leman Russ vs Magnus, let's be realistic.

Leman Russ followed orders, he wasn't so bright, but he followed orders.

Magnus did stupid Sorcery shit for a dumb reason.
>>
So I did the math and the boxed set from GW is cheaper than getting the equivalent models from my favourite recaster. Only downside to buying the box is that the Contemptor is snapfit.

I'm in it for the savings so I guess I'm getting two Battles of Calth.
>>
I was thinking of buying two boxes and running them as Red Scorpions. 60 foot slogging marines with FNP...it's like a Green Tide for the Emperor.
>>
>>43527314
Ferrus Manus did probably the least wrong, on account of receiving a viking crew-cut before he had munch chance to.
>>
>>43527294
>>43527967
Ah, that convincing, i thought it will be black reach tier fixpose again.
Thank you anon
>>
>>43528122
He for the most part just stayed out of the way and did his job didnt he?

Besides not instantly executing Fulgrim, what else did he mess up?
>>
>>43528106
A green tide with one attack each
>>
>>43520563
None. Got Guard in 40 and Army in 30. Don't need no muhreenz, cuz I'm a strong, independent guardsman.
>>
>>43524280
seconded. Painting marines isn't the most exciting thing.
>>
This many.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>43524723
Oh man, you must love Shadow for solaq then
>>
>>43531157
goddamn this really puts it into perspective on how good of a deal this new set is. I mean sure I could buy a bunch of tac squads on eBay for 10 bucks from the Dark Vengeance sprues, but you can't really work with them...and these new models look fantastic.
>>
>>43531157
That's $240 here in Australia, fucking $20/mini

But I want that fucking captain. Why couldn't it be a deal like Deathstorm was?
>>
>>43528012
>So I did the math and the boxed set from GW is cheaper than getting the equivalent models from my favourite recaster.
By equivalent models do you mean ones from FW or the ones from GW?
>>
>>43531336
>Why couldn't it be a deal like Deathstorm was?

Because then it would compete with the HH box.
>>
>>43532059
Maybe, but then I would have bought both instead of a HH box and separate sternguard.
>>
>Get excited because I think this will kick up HH in my area
>Literally everyone getting it for vanilla 40k marines
>Remain the only person in my area with a 30k army

Oh well, I guess Its still a good deal to pad out yet another legion
>>
I'm waiting until the Contemptors go up for sale on ebay. Then I'm buying 3 of the motherfuckers. I can konvert them with FW arms later, but I guarantee they'll be cheaper than a hunnert twenty dollarydoos.
>>
>>43534667
If you're building Space Marines, just buy the whole set DESU senpai. three full tac squads, 2 characters, 5 termites, and a dread? This is one of the best box deals Gee Dub has ever released in terms of cost per mini. Blows the hell out of a battle box.
>>
>>43535172
does all caps DESU translate to all caps DESU?
>>
>>43535405
neat
>>
>>43535405
I typed the lower case tee bee aitch

It gave me all caps DESU

And eff ay em became Senpai
>>
>>43534475

Gonna be a lot more MkIV marines in loyalist armies from now on. Since I doubt anyone is autistic enough to strip all their marines so they can evenly distribute MkIV parts besides me.
>>
File: its magic.jpg (79 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
its magic.jpg
79 KB, 720x479
>>43535418
err, wait, I might have all capsed it. I don't remember.

DESU desu.
>>
>>43535421
If I'm seeing it right they're snapfit, so distributing the parts, while possible, will probably suck ass.
>>
I ordered 1 box. Part to support my FLGS, but mostly for getting massive hard-on when I realised I can model those guys to be Istavaan III loyalists after 1-1½ months of fighting. Im gonna have shit to do for next 6 months with that project.

I love HH-aestethics, but until this point models have been little too expensive for my tastes. I dont even play WH anymore, I just like painting and modelling marines.
>>
>>43535446
Marines and termies are not snapfit. Built couple of those yesterday at my LGS to help the owner get his demogame up.
>>
File: Iron Horns.jpg (6 KB, 134x184) Image search: [Google]
Iron Horns.jpg
6 KB, 134x184
>>43535471
Oh shit nigger it''s about to get rilly rilly reel. All those Iron Hands parts I haven't placed yet are about to find a new home.
>>
>>43535431
>>43535418
>>43535405
Do we have a list of all the words that are getting substituted now?

I know kek is a no-go
desu is right out.
senpai won't notice me
Is there any other cancer that's been excised?

What about ayyy lmao
>>
>>43520563
Two. I'm going to flesh out my 30k RG and Carcahrodons

Also I love FWs bundle that has three copies. it's like they're saying "We know theres a board game in there, but we also know you dont care. Here's minis."
>>
these models are gorgeous

anyone have pictures of what they look like on the sprue?
>>
>>43535786
https://youtu.be/GpOZ98QLOXQ
>>
>>43535827
!!!!

My poor bank account

please forgive me
>>
File: Dreadfleet.jpg (90 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Dreadfleet.jpg
90 KB, 873x627
>>43521816
I guess I'm the only one in existence that liked Dreadfleet and wish they did a whole lot of new ships.
>>
Is this going to be a limited run or will it be around for a while?

I'm heading to basic soon and can't buy that shit for like three months. It's a good fucking deal too.
>>
>>43535533
I didn't even know what words set off the filter because apparently I never use them. I guess I'm out of touch with the cool young kids in the 4chan threads these days.
>>
>>43536498
This is gonna sell very well, GW will make expansions. I can see the Horus heresy Isstvan, Prospero, terra, etc
>>
>>43536577
I'd just like to pick up this kit of a ton of fucking models for $150 before they go into squad kits or something. I'd like to be able to take the deal before you can only buy them separate for 5x the price.
>>
>>43536321

You must be, my FLGS still has a box or two collecting dust on the shelf.
>>
Those that have read the white dwarf/had a practice game in store, what do you think of the board game's rules from what we know so far? I know, that's not the actual reason 99% of people are buying the set, but thought it may be interesting to discuss briefly (and this is probably the best thread for it).

I thought it looked like it could be quite good fun as a variation on 30/40k, and especially as a variant on kill team type games, and it did look pretty tactical. My biggest issue is probably the boards, they're so detailed with artwork that it's hard to tell what's terrain and what isn't, you're almost better off playing on blank white paper with the impassable and cover hexes marked out as that's the useful information on them.
>>
>>43536577
unlikely seeing as they keep one box set for years like Dark vengeance because they get these produced at high volume production facilities in china and not in Nottingham and in the case of dark vengeance the only mini from the box they made stand alone with 5 of the cultists. I would imagine this box will stand the mainstay HH entry point and they will release some of the more mainstream HH prodcuts in plastic. they have already mentioned 30k rhinos seeing how popular terrain is selling in AOS I think they might do terrain too. basically any thing that makes sense in plastic I hate to say it but its possible they are doing this because FW is switching to 3D modeling primarily for every thing the entire Solar Aux range is 3D printed beside the heads. I seriously wonder if FW had great 3D models for sisters of silence and stuff and GW decided you know what.. lets make these in plastic even thou they will have less detail.. that will be really sad if that's the case.. but could also be great if they follow the trend of upscalling things from 32mm and AOS... I hope we see larger than scale shit to show off the detail plastic can do.. plastic really does need to GET bigger ... im almost disappointed that the 30k box isn't truescale but the wider poses on the legs will do and it does look good quality. its really hard to say what they will do with 30k.. but I think it might be slow and steady switch of FW stuff to plastic with a emphasis on stuff that can also be used in 40k which is still the lead game system the rhino for instance is really a 40k update as well.. etc.. if some thing has heaps of kits and addon kits and options from FW I doubt it will come out in plastic but if its sort of neglect or done badly I think it will.. Plastic thunderbolt is rumored also its interesting we haven't heread about the stormegal in a while It would be amazing if they gave up on that resin conversion job form the thunder hawk and just when with plastic. but no?
>>
>>43538539
honestly I think this might really be sort of a one off HH is there biggest asset and they need money this year.this product is clearly for the demand that exists and is very tailor made for the desires of fans unlike other products they have made recently like they made a big risk with AOS and then do some thing really safe with this. while I do agree this will replace LOTR on the website and in shops really there was like basically no LORT shop in shops beside one box set or so.... it was all direct only and that's just going to be like this but it will be FW links etc. basically this box set just gives them a excuse to link to the FW site more directly on the main site and maybe finally give FW more factory space or a new location which would be GREAT.
>>
MUST RESISSSSSSSSSSST!
>>
>>43538876
They're comparably cheap but don't look as good as the FW resin.
Personally I'd also prefer to mix various armor mks and not do a mono army.
Also I've spent way more than I should on GW stuff already that I'll propably never gonna use anyway.
That's my reasoning for not getting any of that.

I'll just wait and see what trickles through to ebay. If I can make a good deal I might pick a few up for a few bucks, but I have no interest in the whole package.
>>
>>43540171
>They're comparably cheap but don't look as good as the FW resin
After an hour of washing, cleaning and several replacements maybe
>>
>>43540214
Yeah resin requires some clean up sure.
But the sculpts are more proportionate imo.
The plastic kits look a little 'fat' particularly in the legs. Thing is you can't have the undercuts you get around the kneepads and the like with plastic.
>>
>>43540256
>The plastic kits look a little 'fat' particularly in the legs.

FW ones looks skinny as fuck. These are suppose to be dudes who did not skip leg day, wearing an armour with multiple layers from inner suit to synthetic muscles and servos to heavy armour plating. You do not get skinny legs with all that.
>>
>>43540256
>The plastic kits look a little 'fat' particularly in the legs.
That's a good thing. I like FW's designs and poses, but GW does marine proportions right.
>>
>>43520563
I ordered it to start my new Thousand Sons army.
>>
>>43520563
None because GW can't be assed over delivering to Croatia.
>>
>>43540394
Wait, if they don't deliver products in your country, how can you play this game?
>>
>>43540328
>>43540353
Well there are some pretty distinct differences between various mks so I don't really consider that an issue.
Mk5 for example had most upper body strength but were also prone to overheating because of that.
I like that extra bit of flavor. Considering Thunder warriors didn't have powered legs at all it stands to reason the earlier mks were not quite as much augmented in the legs.
>>
>>43527993
>Magnus did stupid Sorcery shit for a dumb reason.

Warning the Emperor about Horus going to betray him is stupid?
>>
>>43538876
This is why I don't get why they made it a board game. Pretty much everyone will buy this for the miniatures and throw the excess stuff to rot in a damp corner. Oh you could say that the extra stuff will bump up the price, but it is already a sweet fucking deal, why not just ask the same they are now for just the models and leave the other stuff out?
>>
>>43524067
*retail price
More like 75 if you look around
>>
>>43540421
Second hand and recasts?
>>
>>43531506
FW recasts.
>>
>>43540455
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/
http://elementgames.co.uk
>>
>>43540394
Order it from another seller?
http://www.fantasywelt.de/product_info.php/info/p35391_The-Horus-Heresy--Betrayal-at-Calth--ENGLISCH-.html

>>43540421
By not ordering directly from GW (as nobody should since its cheaper everywhere else)
>>
>>43540455
Are you literally retarded? Have you heard about independent online retailers? Fuck, you could even order from amazon or from an ebay power seller
>>
>>43536321
Rejoice anon, there's a vidya coming. Yay.
>>
>>43540444
because that would make people ask why don't they lower their prices overall.
>>
File: 1408516472940.jpg (92 KB, 400x489) Image search: [Google]
1408516472940.jpg
92 KB, 400x489
>>43540466
Okay.
>mfw based chinaman gets his hands on this models
His recasts of plastic models were always his finest and these will probably be cheaper to boot
>>
>>43540562
>Are you literally retarded?
Yes
>>
>>43540428
Thunder armour was not powered in the legs. It also wasn't sealed and a number of other features were lacking in it.

All the other marks had them. Mk. 2 and 3 didn't have skinny legs. So you saying the Mk. 4 skipped on leg stuff and it's just a skinny suit down there?

>Mk5 for example had most upper body strength but were also prone to overheating because of that.

This in the HH books? What page and in which one?
>>
>>43520563
None.
I play dark angels and wanna wait for the lion to come out
>>
>>43540582
These are already at recast-level price, though. In plastic.

I get penny pinching when you can, but if you're that strapped for cash you might want to hold off on the hobbying for a bit.
>>
>>43540582
>being so poor you need discounts on discounted models
>>
If it had been MkII or III armour I may have gone for it but they're not that different to current marines so I'm saving myself money by not getting it! £95 is quite a bit for a game, though you can get it on discount. The game itself is apparently pretty poor I've heard. Figures are good though.
>>
>>43540637
>>43540616
Hey there, GW employee.
>>
>>43540637
You don't get nor stay rich by throwing your money away.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 260x260
I pre-ordered it even though I play Dark Angels and they apparently prefer MKII armor....
>>
>>43540616
Honestly I'm not going to even buying them since I have no interest in 30k or marines in general

>>43540637
Such is the life of a poor man :^)
>>
>>43540637
But seriously, even if I were interested in this, I wouldn't buy it because I don't want all that extra board game stuff that comes with it
>>
>>43540658
I really don't get all the elitists on this site that pride themselves in paying full price for toys. If I have a certain budget for Warhammer stuff, I'd rather get eBay and store discounts so I can either buy more Warhammer or have more disposable income for my other hobbies. When it comes down to it...it's all just fucking toys, and whether your opponent paid full price or bought them secondhand on eBay or through a recaster won't really change anything on gameday as long as they're painted to tabletop quality and everybody's having a good time.
>>
>>43540658
ey fuck off shithead

>>43540690
Well okay then. Still, this is one release I just don't see the point of recasting unless you're slapping some onto a larger batch order.
>>
>>43531336
[email protected]

Go get his catalog from the yoyhammer subreddit and buy the captain for 5$. Quality will be a little less, but with some work that won't matter. Chinaman doesn't care that you live in china, the price he quotes in his catalog is the same for the entire world.
>>
File: premium-shit.png (38 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
premium-shit.png
38 KB, 578x712
>>43540714
>I really don't get all the elitists on this site that pride themselves in paying full price for toys.

I think the psychology of it is perfectly understandable.

Personally, if I really need something fast, I'll pay GW money for it at the LGS, but 99% of the time I'll look online for larger orders. Or just non-GW stuff. Sometimes I get something for cheap, sometimes I might end up paying more than for a GW kit, but at least I got what I wanted.
>>
File: USA.png (257 KB, 313x398) Image search: [Google]
USA.png
257 KB, 313x398
Is the 10-15% discount you can get online worth the shame and guilt of playing regularly at a store with models that you acquire elsewhere?
pic related, how I imagine store owners feel when they see you field your new unit
>>
>>43540837
>playing at a store
>>
>>43536498

It's not limited in the short term, but there are rumors it only has a 6 month shelf life before the contents are packaged in to separate kits.

>>43536577

I've also seen rumors of there being supplements for this game, though I'm not sure what all that entails.
>>
>>43540837
>"Huh"
>>
>>43540837
I live in California and my LGS prices are marked up even higher than the GW site, and that's before sales tax. So yeah the 20-25% discount I can get from large orders would make me feel like a retard for buying it all at a store.
>>
>>43540837
>Is the 10-15% discount you can get online worth the shame and guilt of playing regularly at a store with models that you acquire elsewhere?
There's shame in that?

>pic related, how I imagine store owners feel when they see you field your new unit
Nigga, are you married to that shop keeper or something?
>>
>>43540837

It is just polite if you at least buy other things from him. Paints or something.
>>
>>43540837

Do they ever get a salary increase for selling more? If not, why should they care?
>>
>>43540886
>"Well I be a monkey's uncle."
>>
>>43540940

FLGS aren't exactly rolling in untold profit and most seemingly allow anyone who comes in to play for free, unless said play involves the purchase of product or is other dictated by the game supplier, Magic with drafts and FNM being an example.

There is shame if you can actually understand the plight of the store owner and realize that by buying elsewhere and just using the store to play, you're essentially a freeloader.

It's really why miniature games at least shouldn't talk shit about those who play card games, because it's usually the card games which are keeping such stores in business.
>>
>>43540837
I play in my house, in my dedicated room to games, with my brother, friends and sometimes our gfs/bfs. So, don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>43522611
I love how that picture makes the Sons the Israelites leaving Egypt and ?Ahriman? Moses.
>>
>>43540582
I don't use Zanchui for resin recasts anymore (bad experience with DKoK infantry), but I'm sure his recasts of these plastic kits will be great as usual.
>>
>>43541118
>There is shame if you can actually understand the plight of the store owner and realize that by buying elsewhere and just using the store to play, you're essentially a freeloader.
That's why you support your FLGS but feeling shame because you bought a dozen of gaunts from another store is just stupid
>>
>>43540837
Our local LGS has been cutting down on GW models anyway. I know that the deals GW offers are utter shit. Basically, if you want to make any sort of margin, you'll have to dedicated vast quantities of your store, if not all of it, to GW merchandise. The less space you dedicate to it the less of a deal you get. Our store makes good enough money selling other shit from MtG to comics, so they don't need GW's pennies. They still got plenty of tables, because it brings in customers and the owner likes to play himself as well.
>>
>>43541118
>It's really why miniature games at least shouldn't talk shit about those who play card games, because it's usually the card games which are keeping such stores in business.

so they make money off of cards, and not minis

then why feel bad for buying minis online then?

especially given that most stores only stock GW (which is going down the shitter in terms of fantasy/aos) and PP. Maybe a few others like Infinity or Malifaux.

One store I know that sells minis (along with comics, boardgames, rpgs, and cards) sells ZERO historical models (fucks sake they even sell Heavy Gear!). what the fuck am I suppose to do then?
>>
File: chinaman.jpg (18 KB, 344x480) Image search: [Google]
chinaman.jpg
18 KB, 344x480
Anyone seen Chinaman lately? Seems like a good time for him to appear.
>>
>>43541835
Sorry GW, he died yesterday
>>
File: gaga.gif (899 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
gaga.gif
899 KB, 500x252
>>43541878
Me no Gee Dubs
>>
>>43541426

I wasn't really talking about one off purchases, but those who buy almost everything online and just use the stores to play, at most recompensing them with what amounts to pennies in other purchases.

>>43541664

It's different if the store doesn't sell your product, but honestly if the store doesn't sell X product I don't even know why there would be a sizable enough number of people playing it there in the first place. Stores catch on pretty quick that if there is a customer base they can tap into then maybe they should start stocking that product.
>>
>>43541915
Can't fool me, red-shirt
>>
>>43524556
Seriously, this (>>43524283) guy is a moron.
>>
>>43540984
Because sales keep stores open.
>>
False God's Audio Book - Anyone got it? Can't get a decent torrent :(
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>43540714
Rich bastArd here... Normally I love to Jew people down for a good deal. But I also like to support My local GW store so that I have a nice clean place to play.
>>
>>43542111
Magic sales keep store open.
>>
>>43520563
None, I'm a resin fag and basically have what's in the box set for 4 different legions already.
>>
>>43540837
> Oh, I frequent a couple different stores
> Oh, I got these online
Or, if you're too chickenshit
> durr it was a burfday prasnet.
>>
>>43540421
There's is a few independent stores an hour or more of driving away, this was the first time I actually went to order from GW.
>>
>>43540597
>This in the HH books? What page and in which one?
There is a WD article on all the armor marks.
Nr. 129 in uk numbers if I'm not mistaken. Should be in the Mediafire Library of WDs.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.