[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr (embed)

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
Issue tracker:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues
>>
page 10 bump
>>
Dead thread, post meta girls
>>
File: 1446298513138.jpg (140 KB, 1024x1746) Image search: [Google]
1446298513138.jpg
140 KB, 1024x1746
>>
>>43526721
>would love tenderly, impregnate and have cyber-babies with
>>
>>43527251
>Shitty hairstyle
>"PUNK" written on jacket
>Cyberlimbs aren't chromed
>That slutty skirt
>Using a dirty revolver and not a glorious caseless weapon
You got some shit taste in cyberslits, chummer.
>>
File: 1442906946175.jpg (1 MB, 2328x1688) Image search: [Google]
1442906946175.jpg
1 MB, 2328x1688
>>
File: 31.png (175 KB, 348x439) Image search: [Google]
31.png
175 KB, 348x439
>>43527315
Oh, and,
>No smartgun system
>>
>>43527315
>>Using a dirty revolver and not a glorious caseless weapon
It's an electro-thermal conversion.

And that ass is glorious.
>>
File: 1415432556854.jpg (23 KB, 261x409) Image search: [Google]
1415432556854.jpg
23 KB, 261x409
>>43527358
>still using wires
>doesn't have a cybersafety
Omae, I ...
>>
>>43527429
That ass isn't great. It's like the opposite of great.
And electrothermal is for plebs, caseless smartgunned or bust

>>43527441
>Not using wires
>Being this unstylish
>LaughingCyberpunks.png
>>
File: babelab_pinup_by_rayph-d31xa8i.jpg (214 KB, 768x1023) Image search: [Google]
babelab_pinup_by_rayph-d31xa8i.jpg
214 KB, 768x1023
>>43527468
Sorry to hear you have such poor taste, chummer.
>>
File: 54.png (172 KB, 339x418) Image search: [Google]
54.png
172 KB, 339x418
>>43528004
I'm sorry to hear that you like sluts.
>>
File: 1446372683619.jpg (132 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
1446372683619.jpg
132 KB, 418x600
>>
Is the Nissan Hound the equivalent of a Blackhawk/Huey-class of helicopter? What helicopter is equivalent to the Little Bird?
>>
Dwarf girls?
>>
>>43532366
Wish I had some.
>>
So I was playing some of the Shadowrun isometric games on PC recently and it got me kind of interested in trying out the TTRPG. Previously I'd always been kind of turned off by the cyberpunk + fantasy aesthetic but it seems to work well, aside from "chummer" being one of the most awkward phrases ever invented.

What's the essential background reading for Shadowrun? Can I just jump right into the current edition?
>>
>>43532928
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/missions/background/
This is usually a good start for understanding what you're doing, to whom, and why.

Third through to fifth edition is fine, depending on who you're playing with. If you have a group, go with what they know. If not, find a group and go from there. Every edition has it's quirks and stupid shit.
>>
>>43533253
Cheers m8.
>>
>>43533253
>Third through to fifth edition is fine

oh no you didn't just start that again
>>
>>43533253
>Talking shit about 1st and 2nd edition
You suck at everything
>>
>hosting stalker-esque party using 5th
>story and setting is inspired by roadside picnic
>group enters "zone" where time/space is distorted and stumble across deadly anomalies, mutants, opportunists, science teams sponsored by corps and soon discover various valueable artifacts
>able to go wild with imagination, like a ghost city where gravity is not working and is either extremely high or low, or a city hall entirely run by spirits in an endless cycle of bureaucracy

main story and cause is already done, but the group is much more interested in jerking around at the edge of the zone instead of going further in. what are some good motivators to make them thirsty for the unknown?
>>
>>43533574
money omae
and revenge chummer
>>
File: 1323675359997.jpg (136 KB, 1241x720) Image search: [Google]
1323675359997.jpg
136 KB, 1241x720
>>43533574
Congratulations on getting the setup done.

Anyway, find someone they care about (for better or worse, like a friend/ally or a foe/rival group) or someTHING they care about (dosh, spooky rocks) and just...stick it in the zone. Secret base, hideout, pinned down by mutant pigs, rumored big stash).

Or get them interested in one of the NPCs (see above) and have *the NPC* want to head into the zone. Who better to guide them than a bunch of hard-ass 'runners?

...then introduce the CHEEKI BREEKI
>>
>>43535187
I know the sleeves on this dude say REBEL / CHANGE, but at first glance, I thought they said KEBAB / CHAMPION
>>
File: averageshadowruncharacter.jpg (33 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
averageshadowruncharacter.jpg
33 KB, 500x374
Any less than obvious tips for optimizing a decker character?

It seems that if you're getting codeslinger, Hack on the Fly or Brute Force are the best options (only way to get marks), but what else? What actions are the most bang for their buck?
>>
>>43534340
>money
the problem is, they all are happy with acting and living like hobos
>revenge
should have thought of that myself, thanks. they are just so unpredictable. literally best friends with 2 random npcs (camped with some dwarf in his squad, later saved him from military in suicide mission, no reason to do this, no reward, nothing for story, they just wanted their favorite npc dwarf save, other one is an ork whose squad they wiped and decided to keep him) and working for a guy who won't even tell them who he works for. but when they meet someone who could use their help, like some guy hanging from a bridge surrounded by anomalies, nope, they shoot him and move on.
>>
>>43535306
This is some grim-ass Grandpa DM shit, but give a few plot hooks a try and then check to make sure that the *players* want to have anything deeper than a STALKER-themed playground in which to be chucklefucks. If that's what's making them happy, you're just going to frustrate them and yourself if you keep writing shit that they don't like.

Consider writing hooks that involve their favorite NPCs. Generate a history for those dudes and maybe the players will want to help THEM get revenge on some dudes who fucked 'em over, or maybe help THEM recover their old stash in the Zone.
>>
>>43535187
>Or get them interested in one of the NPCs (see above) and have *the NPC* want to head into the zone. Who better to guide them than a bunch of hard-ass 'runners?

that would probably my best bet, since they already made some friends in the zone
>>
>>43535347
> give a few plot hooks a try and then check to make sure that the *players* want to have anything deeper than a STALKER-themed playground in which to be chucklefucks. If that's what's making them happy, you're just going to frustrate them and yourself if you keep writing shit that they don't like.

true. I know for sure that they enjoy getting in situations where they have to think of creative ways to solve them, and the anomalies give me great room for exploiting this.
when I remember the last time I played with them, they literally went 9/11 on renraku, then settled on an island in the pacific. they were quite fond of fighting a big corp just because they screwed them once.
>>
You know what would be the tightest shit?

A large shadowrun group that has a consistent continuity and characters, with a GM or two running shit on sets days and the occasional pick-up run. Wouldn't that just be great? Maybe some casual RP stuff in the matrix here and there when there's no GM around, stuff like that.

That would be the tightest.
>>
>>43535660
our group is doing something similar. we are too many players when everyone has time, but nobody has time at the same day ever, so we do runs on one week with 3 people, the other week with 5 completely different people, then again with 2 guys from each group etc. 1 main gm, 1 assistant gm. it's kinda fun how we share the stories from our runs and compete with each other for most stylisch shadowrunner.

btw, why only so little greentext stories ITT? they alway give me ideas
>>
>>43535761
>stylisch
German detected

That's always been something I've very much wanted to do, but I don't think I'd have the resources to pull together enough players who can play casually like that, or who want that sort of thing.
>>
I need your help /tg/. I'm planning on making an elven paladin and in considering a background d as a royalist/low level supporter of Lugh Surehand driven into exile when the high prince was, but I can't find much info on it. I've dug through tir Tairngre and System Failure, and I gather the other princes god tired of Lughs Kim Jung il shit and kicked him out.

Another angle I might take is a former paladin who was disgusted with the regime and just left after Lugh was ousted to search for an honorable Lord elsewhere, having decided the land of promise had become too corrupt. I know I don't want to play a racist so this is probably the best way, right? And an Old School paladin is likely an adept or mage adept. Using 4e if that matters, I'll be custom fluffing Bushido as paladins code.
>>
>>43535774
>german
close

> I don't think I'd have the resources to pull together enough players who can play casually like that, or who want that sort of thing
the interesting thing is, I find people who want to play all the time through mutual friends. everyone likes to drink, so all I have to do is get enough beer and everything you need for some pen&paper (about 500 empty charsheets a friend printed for me at work, enough pencils, flipchart paper, free sorted dice out of my million-dice-box as a gift for new players as an entry drug). people get hooked by a comfortable environment. there are weeks when I forget to set a date for the next meeting and they literally start harassing me for it.

the only downside is that I never really played shadowrun by myself. I've been the GM for years now and I always wondered how it feels like from a player perspective.
>>
So, hey, my understanding of insect spirits is that they are not actually insects/related to insects, they're just extradimensional entities who can get a HOLD on things when the shaman thinks of them in that way.

Does that mean there are actual genuine insect spirits out there somewhere?
>>
>>43536451
You're sort of there. Spirits in general aren't related to whatever they're associated with. The qualities and behaviours of the thing they're associated with are what's important.

Dog, the mentor spirit, doesn't have much to do with actual dogs, but it does have a lot to do with loyalty and tracking. Insect spirits aren't really about insects, but voracious hunger, de-emphasising the individual, etc.
>>
>>43536613
It just feels weird that insect spirits are sort of... uniquely evil, when the human idea-space for insects definitely has some positive aspects to it. Honeybees are one of the earliest domesticated species, for example.
>>
>>43536926
They're not necessarily evil per se. They just have a singular nature focused on consuming, breeding, and spreading in ways that are destructive and don't sit well with people. The Horrors are evil.
>>
>>43535282
Matrix perception gets used alot; really depends on the kind of decking you do, are you a silent or loud decker, because control device and spoof are good for silent decking and force reboot and state locking (forgot the term) are good for loud decking.
If your good enough grabbing -go big or go home is a nice quality, saves a couple of rounds work
>>
>>43535761
Is you game setting located in the US, or your own town?
>>
>>43537002
>>43536926
It's also worth noting the non-hive insect spirits like Mantis are almost benevolent.
>>
Do you need a magical lodge to make alchemy stuff?
>>
>>43539739
>Mantis
>benevolent
>>
File: TheCook.jpg (32 KB, 413x406) Image search: [Google]
TheCook.jpg
32 KB, 413x406
>Absolutely never played
>LGS wants to do a Shadowrun Campaign
>Flip through the archetypes and decide on Face so I can bullshit my way though as much as possible without fully understanding the complex magic / tech / combat stuff

Gonna be 3-4 of us I think. What should I know trying to be the party voice of "reason?" Besides being good at diplomacy / talking, what should a Face do?

All I know about Shadowrun is the general setting and premise
>>
>>43539739
If by benevolent you mean they require insect spirits feeding off humans to exist in the physical plane, then yeah.
>>
File: 1446935356345.jpg (84 KB, 290x750) Image search: [Google]
1446935356345.jpg
84 KB, 290x750
>>43527358
No smartgun? Her eyes are clearly glowing the same shade as her gun; she's got some kind of cybereyes and link going on.
>>
>>43529694
Northrup Wasp is probably the closest thing to a Little Bird if you want a small flying vehicle, maybe a Venture if you want passengers.
>>
>>43543060
Frag you talkin' about, chummer? I don't see any wires there.
>>
File: 1446933965925.jpg (225 KB, 811x1250) Image search: [Google]
1446933965925.jpg
225 KB, 811x1250
>>43543174
Don't be obtuse, you know that smartguns have gone wireless. It's like saying that commlinks aren't computers, because real computers are '98 iMacs.
>>
File: Sammie.jpg (73 KB, 467x800) Image search: [Google]
Sammie.jpg
73 KB, 467x800
>>43543292
I got nil idea what you're on about. Last time I checked you gotta' stud in to the things.
>>
Almost all builds I find on the internet have either explosive ammo or APDS, or both. They look like really good ammo (mechanically speaking), but they have the forbidden availability. How big of a problem would that be? Are we talking if the cops find it on you you get a fine/arrested/shot in the face? What if non-law enforcement find it on you?
>>
>>43543993
You'll get fined/arrested/shot, depending on the situation.

Generally speaking, you're not going to be packing EXEX/APDS for everyday carry, though. You're going to be packing it when you're breaking into a secure compound - when you're already committing crimes.

When you're shooting security guards, assassinating mob bosses, or exchanging gunfire back and forth during a running chase down the freeway? The fact that you're using APDS doesn't matter so much - you're fucked if you get captured either way.

During situations other than those, like normal commuting or legwork?

You're probably packing gel rounds, because they're legal and you'd rather not kill folks and draw extra attention anyway.
>>
>>43544085
>gel rounds
Would you carry gel rounds or stick-n-shock?
>>
So, why is it that Shadowrun only has APDS, and nothing like, you know, Steel Core for armour piercing? Most guns in Shadowrun couldn't even fire Sabots due to having muzzle brakes.
>>
>>43544161
>Would you carry gel rounds or stick-n-shock?
Gel. Stick-n-shock is significantly less effective than Gel against anyone with less-than-5 Armor - which is many adversaries when you're in the legwork/everyday phase, especially in areas with hellhounds/devil rats.

On top of that, it's cheaper, and in 5e electricity's effect is a lot less powerful than knockdown's effect.

In 4e, though, stick-n-shock is literally the only ammo type you should ever use because electricity's effect in 4e really is that good.
>>
>>43544176
Shadowrun's discarding sabots basically are hard-metal-core ammunition. It's a tungsten needle inside of a normal bullet, not an actual sabot round.
>>
>>43544293
Then why is it called APDS? Just because it sounds cool or something?
>>
>>43544401
Because the writers don't know what a sabot is, or what 'discarding' means in-context, aside from that it's a hard metal round suspended in some kind of less-solid material for some reason.

A classic case of the writers failing to be experts in a field they're writing about.
>>
>>43544456
So, in the same sense that a High Velocity modification in Shadowrun just makes the weapon have a higher rate of fire?
And >CLIPS
>>
>>43544401
Yup. Same reason they get all persnickety about clips. APDS sounds cool, and it's what tanks use to break through armour, so that must be cool, right?
>>
>>43544482
Exactly.
>>
File: 1435574286866.jpg (83 KB, 686x1280) Image search: [Google]
1435574286866.jpg
83 KB, 686x1280
>>43532366
Only one I have.
>>
>>43544497
See, if they wanted to be real cool, they could have gone with APFSDSDU (Armour Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot - Depleted Uranium), now THAT'S cool.
>>
>>43544497
Yekka, Chummer allows pure Adepts to take the Summoning/Unsummoning/Binding. But you need to be a MysAd or full 'Mystic' to have those available at chargen.
>>
File: Neo-Anarchist.png (485 KB, 515x737) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Anarchist.png
485 KB, 515x737
>>43544555
Can you not put points in those even if you don't use it? I think it's Street Grimoire that mentions using those skills for academic purposes.
>>
>>43545039
I'd imagine for an Adept they would be Knowledge Skills.
>>
>>43535282
Hack/Brute for 1 mark, then Spoof to make things happen.
>>
>>43544555
Hrm. Are any of the magically linked skills actually available to adepts? I'd assume Assensing?
>>
How are Deckers intended to upgrade their gear? A decent cyberdeck is in the hundreds of thousands, meaning even with maximum penny-pinching it would take a ridiculous amount of runs to afford one. Are they just supposed to hope the plot makes sure they run into a better equipped enemy decker to pilfer from?
>>
>>43545629
Assensing is, yeah. They can make foci too - whatever skill that falls under.
>>
File: azog the tax filer.jpg (97 KB, 1215x657) Image search: [Google]
azog the tax filer.jpg
97 KB, 1215x657
>>43540825
First thing's first: You're not the voice of reason
You're the voice of Please Don't Shoot Us Despite The Fact We're Assholes, which has varying levels of success depending on your/your group's attitude and experience. If this is a proper Shadowrun, you'll have some chances to shine. If these are DungeonFinder neckbeards, You're Gonna Have A Bad Time.

It's really easy and common to layer the Face role onto another archetype, so study up on what interests you.

The Face, apart from handling negotiations and business, is a social hacker. Bluff and disguise your way into restricted areas, fast-talk passcodes and access out of VIPs, and blend in or stand out from a crowd as needed. Unlike other archetypes, the Face has the potential to get close to targets without the immediate threat of violence, which puts them in a unique position to use stealthier weaponry like hidden melee weapons, holdouts and tasers, even magic spells or unarmed combat.

That said, the Face is not necessarily a weenie or a pacifist, he just keeps his talons hidden. You will want to have a Plan B of sorts, and it's a no-brainer that if you take some sort of augmentation or magic ability, you'll want some of the extra functionality each brings.

You should find out which edition of Shadowrun your group is playing so you can start reading the appropriate books and mechanics. In general, a Face relies on the skill groups of Influence, Stealth, and, in 5e, Acting. Secondary groups include Electronics, Cracking, and Athletics, for opening doors where words inevitably fail you.

Don't expect not to deal with magic/tech/combat just because you're charming; in fact, expect more of it because you're going to get into the thick of things so you can, hopefully, disarm or sidestep them on your team's behalf. You need to understand the threats and obstacles you'll be facing and judge when and where your skills are appropriate.
>>
>>43545702
>How are Deckers intended to upgrade their gear?
Buying new software, buying new addons and gadgets, and buying cyberware that gives them better stats to have better dice pools. Beyond a certain point, a 'better' cyberdeck is super irrelevant.

If they MUST get a better deck, they're supposed to steal it.
>>
>>43545702
Data Trails includes methods for upgrading your gear's attributes. Aside from that yeah, pretty much it's expected that you'll loot a better decker's gear and hope he didn't set a bomb in it.
>>43545760
Bleahhh. Okay, I might have to do some different shit with that then. Dagnabbit.
>>
>>43540825
You negotiate payouts, you use teamwork stuff to coach the combat autists that they're not supposed to drool in front of the Johnson.

You remember that you need to be able to do more than social but that social is still a huge contribution. And more importantly, you look swank and keep that pistol tucked in in case your teammates screw up anyway.

>>43543548
>2074
>Talking like a Redmond Rat
Go to sleep grandpa
>>
>>43545802
Or DIY it with Data Trails' crafting rules. Just buy up cheap hardware and disassemble them into electronics parts packs.
>>
>>43543292
>implying people don't throwback or skinlink it up
>>
>>43545908
>skinlink
The dumbest fucking thing that 4e provided us.
>>
>>43545908
Did 5E re-add skinlink or is it just houseruled in because the idea that an insanely common tech that currently-existing items have would have disappeared overnight was too retarded?

Also I don't get why people are so attached to the shitty PG slang. You can argue it should be more like Neuromancer than GitS all you want, but you're never to make a good case that this means we should all speak like Clockwork Orange extras.
>>
File: no big loss.jpg (922 KB, 1770x1140) Image search: [Google]
no big loss.jpg
922 KB, 1770x1140
It hurt a little to make this. Share my pain.
>>
>>43545930
>technology that could be feasible with relatively current technology
>dumb
And this is why, above all, GitS and late Gibson > fucking neuromancer if you want to make cyberpunk. Of all the things cyberpunk clings to, the trappings of 80s tech should be the least important compared to "YOU ARE A DOWNTRODDEN NUMBER IN THE FUCKING MACHINE". Otherwise we end up like slightly more techy cogheads.
>>
>>43545996
>Not knowing 80s cyberpunk has different themes and it's a matter of preference
>Thinking that Ghost in the Shell is cyberpunk
>Liking late Gibson
>Not knowing Hardwired is the greatest cyberpunk
Fucking step your game up.
>>
File: 1437957162857.jpg (193 KB, 1131x1600) Image search: [Google]
1437957162857.jpg
193 KB, 1131x1600
>>43546096
>Hardwired is the best

>Not Altered Carbon
New is good
>>
>>43546207
>Wanting a completely different genre from what cyberpunk was
Also that picture looks stupid
>>
>>43546096
The Peripheral was really good. It's definitely not the same flavour as something like Neuromancer, but was definitely worth reading. Zero History had a really neat vibe to it, too, though it lost its way for a while. I based my current Shadowrun campaign on the idea of textile manufacturing, though, and it's been a lot of fun.

>>43546207
I didn't know anyone else knew about Altered Carbon. What else have you read lately?
>>
File: cyberpunk is not dead.jpg (404 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk is not dead.jpg
404 KB, 1280x1256
>>
File: 1445733574447.png (1011 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
1445733574447.png
1011 KB, 1280x1256
>>43546614
>>
>>43545996
It's not dumb because it's not possible. It's dumb because the specific way in which it was executed was idiotic. Paranoid assholes spamming ultra-cheap skinlinks onto everything that could take them like they were going out of style. Wifi-enabled skinlinked bullets shot into people to try to get a connection to their PAN.

It was fucking stupid, because they were brought to us in the worst, laziest way possible, instead of having actual thought put into them with an appropriate in-universe place.
>>
>>43546096
>Hardwired
Utter trash.

Still, it's what inspired the Control Rig.
>>
>>43546096
Honestly I use so many non cyberpunk inspirations that I can't really speak.

>>43546207
>fixer
>only 24% organic
That would wreck the guy's social limit.
>>
>>43546838
I bet you're only saying that because you're a dirtboy
>>
>>43546868
Shadowrun is less of a Cyberpunk setting and more a kitchen sink setting anyways. Atleast newer shadowrun is that way.
>>
>>43546819
>skinlinked bullets
Well yeah that's kinda retarded. I mean, I'm not even sure how it's justifiable, it took a full upgrade slot to skinlink a gun.

Also this is possibly stupid, but does the smartlink implant provide its own image link as a discrete implant or do I need something more?
>>
>>43546926
>does the smartlink implant provide its own image link
It does not give you Image Link, but it also doesn't require Image Link. It functions autonomously of it.
>>
>>43546868
>That would wreck the guy's social limit.
You get Social Limit from a well-tailored suit and tailored pheromones, not Essence.

Hell, you only lose an average of 1 Social Limit per 3 Essence lost.
>>
>>43546898
Oh, I know, my next game will probably throw in a bit of Club Dumas, and a side of Conquest of Bread, none of which are remotely cyberpunk.

>>43547047
I've honestly never taken pheromones, even with an orc face (went social adept) because I'm mostly worried about the repercussions my former GM would possibly have in store for F-rated implants.
>>
>>43547322
>F-rated implants
>bioware getting detected literally ever
Anyway, they're only R in 5e, so that solves your problem entirely.
>>
>>43547352
UM... UHH
BIOLOGICAL ANOMALY DETECTORS?
>>
>>43547559
Yeah, nah. Bioware's inability to be detected by scanners is one of its main advantages over Cyberware. I mean, that's the only reason to ever take things like Bone Density over Bone Lacing, for example.
>>
What are some famous people or creatures you could use for costumes in 2075?

I'm trying to make a list of em.

Johnny Spinrad
Dunkelzahn(Living or Zombie variant)
Howling Coyote
Maria Mercurial
Go-Bots(Transformers really never picked up in the Shadowrun universe clearly)
>>
>>43547629
Not really scanners, but like, I'm pretty sure they'd be detectable with a detailed physical and I was party damsel in distress at least once.
>>
>>43547677
A detailed physical as in "turn your head and cough"? I don't think so

You'd need a mage to stare long and hard at the person with astral sight to detect bioware, right?
>>
>>43547710
>You'd need a mage to stare long and hard at the person with astral sight to detect bioware, right?
It could probably be detected with an ultrasound or other in-depth medical imaging scan, but you'd have to already know what you were looking for beforehand.
>>
>>43547642
I imagine a lot of the dragons would get play; don't tell you can't imagine the 2075 equivalent of a fedoralord wearing a Lofwyr costume and walking around saying, "just as planned!"

As well, I can see friends going as Damien Knight and Arthur Vogel and taking potshots at each other all party. In the same vein, there's got to be a Villiers Family mask pack, complete with backstabbing knifes.

There's lists of Urban Brawl teams scattered about, sports figures are always popular. And politicians are also good fodder; there's definitely someone dressed as Kenneth Brackhaven with fake credsticks pouring out of their pockets.

JetBlack probably still has a few imitators floating around.

Nadja Daviar with a stuffed dragon on her shoulder.

Gary Cline, CEO of Horizon, has got to be popular among orcs who don't want to go as some kind of monster or Neil the Orc Barbarian.

Pulsar the AI, if you've got some wiz AR skills.
>>
File: Cringe.jpg (23 KB, 367x530) Image search: [Google]
Cringe.jpg
23 KB, 367x530
How do you guys make fixers react to Shadowrunners who wear shit exclusively to look cool? Like a Shadowrunner using a Katana. It isn't that great from both a practical and a rules perspective. A combat knife is much more effective and easily concealable for a Shadowrunner. Would it make sense for a fixer to be like "oh god this guy's a fucking retard" when he sees a guy like one in pic?
>>
>>43548540
My guy is so much more practical.

He has a spear!

A collapsible spear but a spear none the less.

Eat shit you get -4 dice on your defense chummer
>>
File: 1437953244178.jpg (65 KB, 510x864) Image search: [Google]
1437953244178.jpg
65 KB, 510x864
>>43548540
>implying that Jap Johnsons don't appreciate the weapon used properly
>implying the older fixers don't like the nod to tradition
>implying that it's not still a good choice for melee

There are plenty of sams and adepts who don't look like your pick, using a katana because it's a practical weapon for fighting. Obviously if you show up to the meet with a sword, it's sending a certain kind of message; you don't generally wear obvious weapons to the meeting anyways (other than maybe a discreet pistol, depending on venue).

If a guy shows up dressed unprofessionally, they'll be treated unprofessionally unless they've proven they're just sartorially quirky but still very good at their job.
>>
>>43548540
It depends on the shit worn to look cool

Katana and trenchcoat will probably get an exasperated sigh from the fixers I roll with.
>>
>>43548540
Yeah, all runners should be nofun tacticools. Preferably with no relation to punks.
>>
>>43548743
My fixers also have an exasperated sigh when people showing up with tacticlol gear honestly. There's nothing more conspicuous than all this mall ninja shit.

Most Johnson don't want the kind of attention dressing like that brings anymore than they want the attention of an unconcealable katana.
>>
>>43545982
I still don't get that joke.
>>
>>43548953
honestly teh dickwolves one was funnier
>>
File: 1438983441634.jpg (109 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1438983441634.jpg
109 KB, 500x750
>>43548852
>My fixers also have an exasperated sigh when people showing up with tacticlol gear honestly. There's nothing more conspicuous than all this mall ninja shit.

This. Honestly, it's a lot better to have a meeting with someone who has some flair to his style without going overboard than someone who thinks dark suits and sunglasses are the only option. It screams, "I learned this from a movie," way more than someone wearing green synthleather pants.
>>
>>43549072
This is a runner my next game's main fixer would like (except maybe the gun being carried in the open, she runs an orphanage/street clinic and doesn't like her runners to track mud or pigs inside the place)
>>
>Not having your fixers appreciate maximum style
>>
>>43549137
Big hoody pocket for a reason, omae; shove it in there and you're all good.

The extra microgrenades are just... a fashion accessory.
>>
>>43549220
Yeah, they're filled with Kool-Aid!
>>
>>43549230
In gaseous form, for maximum deliciousness dispersal!
>>
File: oSl4tWd.jpg (449 KB, 883x1280) Image search: [Google]
oSl4tWd.jpg
449 KB, 883x1280
What's the best secondary role to play alongside a utility mage? Working on a character who's a professor at a minor, drastically underfunded public university, probably going to end up as something along the lines of magical forensics the way I've been taking them. Some social skills are a plus, but we've already got a face/sam, which is our only other confirmed character. Any ideas?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>43549270
If you want to expand the forensic angle, he could have some investigation skills, bit of codebreaking and lockpicking. With Improved Invisibility you've got a solid ad-hoc infiltrator.

You must make the picture related.
>>
>>43548690
>>43549072
Anyone have more art like this?
I like it when the ware is more understated
>>
>>43549328
Infil is the side I was looking at, my original character was an infil but I never got to use her. I'll take a look at Improved Invisibility.

Is Manablade as OP as it seems to be?

Pic still unrelated, because no good art of Shadowrun mages apparently exists.
>>
>>43549535
>No good art exists
That's because you're looking at the new editions, which have horrid art.
>>
File: 1437959664195.jpg (105 KB, 580x1500) Image search: [Google]
1437959664195.jpg
105 KB, 580x1500
>>43549535
Manablade is pretty fucking schway, as long as you have the Blades/Clubs to back it up.
>>
File: 1437207705293.jpg (50 KB, 679x1211) Image search: [Google]
1437207705293.jpg
50 KB, 679x1211
>>43549532
I'll throw up what I have.
>>
File: 1437261440421.jpg (487 KB, 2000x1013) Image search: [Google]
1437261440421.jpg
487 KB, 2000x1013
>>43549766
>>
File: 1437953153937.jpg (118 KB, 1024x1463) Image search: [Google]
1437953153937.jpg
118 KB, 1024x1463
>>43549785
>>
File: 1437953367036.jpg (43 KB, 500x788) Image search: [Google]
1437953367036.jpg
43 KB, 500x788
>>43549814
A mage for our friend.
>>
File: 1437955573610.jpg (205 KB, 630x900) Image search: [Google]
1437955573610.jpg
205 KB, 630x900
>>43549833
>>
>>43549664
I still end up shit like Benjamin Carre's non Star Wars stuff a lot more than actual SR illustrations in game. 5e's art is unredeemably shit most of the time, but a lot of 1-4 is also pretty bad.
>>
>>43549833
That's actually *really* close to what I had in mind, dude. Thanks a ton. It's not perfect, but unless I go to the drawthread for something, it'll work.
>>
File: 1438534034859.png (532 KB, 736x944) Image search: [Google]
1438534034859.png
532 KB, 736x944
>>43549859
>>
>>43549535
As is, manablade is moderately ridiculous. >>43549881
What did you actually have in mind?
>>
File: 1438966739296.png (521 KB, 731x1300) Image search: [Google]
1438966739296.png
521 KB, 731x1300
>>43549883
>>43549881
Glad I could help.
>>
File: 1438982037170.jpg (147 KB, 625x859) Image search: [Google]
1438982037170.jpg
147 KB, 625x859
>>43549924
Understated, and modern. I love living on the edge of the future.
>>
File: 1439566252843.jpg (147 KB, 1280x699) Image search: [Google]
1439566252843.jpg
147 KB, 1280x699
>>43549946
>>
File: 1445989775779.jpg (203 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
1445989775779.jpg
203 KB, 1024x684
>>43549902
My mental picture was actually based off a professor I had before, heh. Kind of hard to describe. But older, scruffier. And probably not in a suit.

Unrelated subtle 'ware tax. For some measure of subtle.
>>
>>43549860
If you want just good general Cyberpunk art 2020's books usually suffice
>>
>>43549946
Gotta love the dedication to fantasy roleplaying on /tg/
>>
File: 1442028948481.jpg (41 KB, 387x750) Image search: [Google]
1442028948481.jpg
41 KB, 387x750
>>43549969
>>43549974
A professor not in a suit? What, shirtsleeves?
>>
File: 1442039675362.jpg (127 KB, 736x973) Image search: [Google]
1442039675362.jpg
127 KB, 736x973
>>43550003
>>
File: 1442251893514.jpg (369 KB, 825x1150) Image search: [Google]
1442251893514.jpg
369 KB, 825x1150
>>43550026
>>
>>43549946

This is 2015.

The future was a decade ago.

Get it?
>>
>>43549974
So like Harry Dresden or something?
>>
>>43550048
Everytime I see that picture, I just can't help but to think how terrible the texturing on it is, and how shitty that dog looks. I also can't tell if it's bad CG, or just awkward 2d art.
>>
File: 1445446770081.jpg (280 KB, 1016x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445446770081.jpg
280 KB, 1016x1080
>>43550048
While I'm dumping, any recommendations for a Heavy Weapon for a troll? I'm going blades adept, and I was thinking a Krime Wave with a smartlink for a cheap backup weapon.
>>
File: 1445738936226.jpg (84 KB, 540x1005) Image search: [Google]
1445738936226.jpg
84 KB, 540x1005
>>43550003
Actually, going through my images, I think a suit would work. This is more along what I had in mind, and hey, who needs magic to actually be visible in the image in question?

>>43550086
I'm actually not familiar with Dresden Files besides a very basic understanding, but the dude's got style, so yes. That could work really well. Or look really dumb as hell.

Hm, novice runner whose only exposure to runners is the overglorified trid shows... "Dumb as hell" could work...
>>
File: 1445825597444.jpg (122 KB, 779x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445825597444.jpg
122 KB, 779x1024
>>43550135
>>43550157
Hey, Hermetic in a duster is an honoured stereotype.
>>
>>43550181
Honored stereotype indeed. I'll have to do a little more work with it, as it is I'm just theorycrafting while I procrastinate on exams.

Please send help, and/or knowledge hardwires.
>>
File: 1445826037814.jpg (263 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1445826037814.jpg
263 KB, 900x1350
>>43550181
>>
File: 1446676197031.jpg (402 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1446676197031.jpg
402 KB, 1280x1280
>>43550201
>>
File: 1445914182295.png (2 MB, 1300x3394) Image search: [Google]
1445914182295.png
2 MB, 1300x3394
>>43550221
>>
File: 1446932253493.jpg (133 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1446932253493.jpg
133 KB, 736x981
>>43550221
>>
>>43548690
The older fixers aren't that old. Adepts use like customized magic weapons though no? I only really see a Red Samurai unit's CQC specialist viably wielding one.

>>43548643
Spears are pretty damn practical in terms of melee weapons though. Collapsible, and it's good for a runner.

>>43548743
Well, runners shouldn't dress/equip in such a manner where everyone and their mothers can recognize them as Shadowrunners.

>>43548852
>>43549072
You guys know what's up. Flair and cool looking shit's fine. But some impractical movie shit...it screams "look at me everybody I am a shady guy!"
>>
File: reaper_by_adriandadich-d7538m8.jpg (315 KB, 600x1200) Image search: [Google]
reaper_by_adriandadich-d7538m8.jpg
315 KB, 600x1200
I'm looking for pictures of an female Indian street Sam.
>>
File: 1446932377245.jpg (119 KB, 786x1017) Image search: [Google]
1446932377245.jpg
119 KB, 786x1017
>>43550237
>>
Any advice to running a game set at the beginning of magic's return?

Basically, as close to modern day as would be possible, while still including elements of decking/magic, etc. I've been reading up on modern internet magic resources, to get an idea of what the magical cultures of the time would look like.
>>
>All these matte whites and blacks on cyberlimbs
Have none of you a concept of style?
>>
>>43550269
>>43550244
>The older fixers aren't that old.
Depends on your definition of 'old'. Pretty likely you can find someone who's been working the shadows for 25 years, running a bar or working with a corp or crime family that keeps him in circulation.

A big rolodex is a powerful tool, and for someone like an elf it's null problem to remember sending runners to go mess with the first batch of concrete poured for the Renraku arcology.
>>
>>43550263
>>
File: 1445357702998.jpg (161 KB, 900x1353) Image search: [Google]
1445357702998.jpg
161 KB, 900x1353
>>43550286
Matte black is "good" for stealth, since it's dark and all. Plus blends well with black clothing (see: suits).

Matte white is "good" because Apple. And other reasons, but nowadays I'm pretty sure it's just drawing off Apple. Frag that, matte white just sucks.

Flesh tones are nice for concealment.

Chrome is WAY too flashy.

What would you call "style", then?
>>
>>43550286
The specific request was 'understated ware'.
>>
>>43550376
White and black is nice because a lot of fashion is going for monochromes, although some fashion designers do make colorful clothes thank god.
>>
File: Obidancer.png (297 KB, 385x800) Image search: [Google]
Obidancer.png
297 KB, 385x800
>>43550381
>>
File: urban_sprawl.jpg (40 KB, 250x579) Image search: [Google]
urban_sprawl.jpg
40 KB, 250x579
>>43550412
>>
Okay, honest question, what do you think your archetype and metatype would be?
>>
>>43550669
Half of /tg/ would be decker/human.

More accurately, wageslave/human.
>>
File: 1446932453868.jpg (214 KB, 1200x768) Image search: [Google]
1446932453868.jpg
214 KB, 1200x768
>>43550669
Honestly? Wageslave, human.

If I had to actually be a runner? For preference, rigger; I'm scared of getting shot, but I don't mind getting ware so I can have a robot get shot for me.

>>43550707
I dunno, half of /tg/ would imagine themselves as deckers {the others would be mages}, but how many of us are actually good with computers? Unless it's 4e scriptkiddie rules, none of us have the chops to begin to understand that role.
>>
>>43550669
>>43550707
But how many of them could claim to be Magic 5-6 Awakened?
>>
>>43550759
Yeah, if I had to actually *pick*, either rigger or (if Awakening is an option) strong Awakened. Wage mage life, yo.
>>
>>43549328
Does anone else think this pic looks incredibly lifeless?
>>
>>43550707
>tfw an elf irl
>>
>>43550851
Prove it.
>>
>>43550795
>43550795
Statistically, 1-2 of us would be 5-6 MAG awakened, unlikely as it is.

>>43550669
Realistically? Human Wageslave
Preferably? Conjurer, the idea of talking to spirits and traveling the Astral Planes gets my metaphysical dick hard
>>
>>43550823
Hell, I'd happily be a shitty mage. Priority D, Aspected 2, spend my time making little foci in a nice workshop. I'd like that life.

>>43550851
Fuck off, Ehran.
>>
>>43550851
Fuck off Harlequin.

So, how about that Rigger book? With the way CGL pitches its releases, we should be looking at a Christmas release.
>>
So we're playing Shadowrun and we're all having a pretty good time, except our Rigger. He's unclear on what his role is supposed to be and what he generally does. Can anyone help with this?

Also we have gotten into literally 1 fight in 3 runs and that was us snatching a guy off the street. This feels like it's way below norm.
>>
>>43550669

Probably dwarf wageslave. I only say dwarf because I'm hairy as fuck. I'd like to be a Rigger or Technomancer, then probably get involved with cyber security or something.
>>
>>43550827
It puts alot of life into my dick.
>>
>>43550914
Riggers make for amazing Recon and get-away drivers. Flying Eyes n Rotodrones.
>>
>>43550914
Riggers are great at enhancing others.

Need to track someone, or get intel about what's inside a building? Rigger sets loose the eyebots.

In a fight? The drones are there with AKs covering the real heavy hitters.

Need to get from one place to another? Stud in and race at max velocity past every go gang in the sprawl.

It helps to be a rigger if you have something else you specialize in, an area where you can shine yourself instead of just helping others succeed. A lot go street sammy, some prefer decker.

And that is a below-average number of fights, but it might just be that you're doing very well with the legwork. Or the GM is shitty at security. Either or.
>>
>>43550669
Human, maybe elf, preferably a sammy or rigger, I know i'd want to work with this setting's tech as much as possible
Oh man, I would make some crazy shit as a rigger
>>
File: daisy___lms_by_adlovett-d5y2qy6.jpg (166 KB, 692x1153) Image search: [Google]
daisy___lms_by_adlovett-d5y2qy6.jpg
166 KB, 692x1153
>>43550934
Is it a cyberdick?
>>
>>43550376
Superchrome or bust, chummer. Flesh tones are for chumps, white is "m-muh apple footur" and black is for boring people.

If you aren't superchromed (Or with atleast some flashy plating) you're doing it wrong. Fleshweave is also acceptable.
>>
File: Self-Medicate.gif (847 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
Self-Medicate.gif
847 KB, 300x204
>>43551052
>that scan quality
>>
>>43550669
I fit an elf so I always imagined I could feasibly express as one. I know I'd probably turn into an all-out transhumanist though. I don't like the IRL philosophy myself, but god knows I'd stick as many metal bits into my body as my essence (and wallet) would let me.
>>
>>43551084
Yeah, it's the best I got, sorry. You know how it is with old books.
>>
>>43550669
I'd like to be a shitty aspected magician who could only summon weak ass spirits.

If I can't, then some shitty wageslave(if I can manage that) who blows all of his money on augs whenever its possible.
>>
Follow-up, what would be your ideal team, taking your archetype into account?
>>
>>43551868
Ideally I would not be a runner. I don't want to be eaten by ghouls because the decker was an autist, again.
>>
>>43550669
>what do you think your archetype and metatype would be?
I'd probably goblinize. Ork or troll, and some kind of wageslave. I have a fondness for comfort, a disinclination towards violence, and my ideals are pragmatic, not lofty. I'd sell out for a desk job and never look back.
>>
>>43550914
Follow up question, I've heard people say if the DM doesn't understand magic it's way more powerful and if they don't understand decking its way less powerful.

Can anyone clarify this? Because as far as we can tell magic (especially using spirits) is like a wrecking ball and decking is very helpful but alot of it can be accomplished with magic (invisibility) to get past cameras etc.
>>
>>43550669
Probably elf mage/shaman. I'm not exactly sure how being a history major really translates into Shadowrun.
>>
>>43551868
A barely auged street sammy and a mediocre decker so we can do low paying jobs and spend all of our money on alcohol and tech.
>>
>>43551868
I would probably try to have a day job, but considering that due to life story I'd probably have fallen through the cracks (I had way too many bureaucratic fuckups and an apparently unspellable last name), chances are I'd be SINless at some point or other.

Also Shaman, Rigger, Hacker, Face were like the main roles my last party had, with everyone at least competent with one kind of gun and things went fairly well.
>>
>>43552053
>History Major
My Nigga, whats your specialization?
>>
>>43552086
I don't even know man. I just finished my first mid-terms. There's so many time periods, areas, and concepts that I find interesting. Trying to narrow it down is fucking killing me.
>>
File: 1445741562317.jpg (351 KB, 1280x1684) Image search: [Google]
1445741562317.jpg
351 KB, 1280x1684
>>43552121
Its okay, chummer. Your undergrad should be all about exploring every topic that interests you.
>>
>>43552071
PCs are assumed SINless, omae :^)
>>
How do I get my players to roleplay more?
>>
>>43552245
Make the setting and its characters interesting enough for them to actually be emotionally invested.

If your characters aren't roleplaying, you're either doing a shitty job as a GM of presenting the world to them, or they weren't interested in roleplaying in the first place and there's nothing you can do to change it.
>>
>>43552179
I know. There's just a lot of pressure to make decisions.

That said, there have to be regular people who are scholars/intellectuals in the Shadowrun universe so I guess I would just be that. Maybe I'd be a magical historian, because that would be fucking cool as shit.
>>
>>43552245
Don't ask them "What do you do", ask them "What do you say"
>>
What do you do if you want to pop one the other players heads off their shoulders?
>>
>>43552485
Use a sniper
>>
>>43552336
If I was a magical historian in Shadowrun, I'd probably go hardcore marxist/anti-great-man just to spite some of the immortal elves.
>>
>>43552503

Mys adept who uses the channeling metamagic. He doesn't have an attribute lower than 8, and could get hit with a tank and keep walking (not shot by a tank, but have a tank dropped on his head)
>>
>>43552540
Sniper and a background count.
>>
So, /SRG/, is it possible to play a Corp in Shadowrun?
>>
>>43552842
Face with SINner and lots of high-Connection Contacts.
>>
>>43552842
The fuck is a corp supposed to actually do? Be the face?
>>
>>43552842

Literally Mr. Johnson.
>>
>>43552029
Things like proper use of object resistance, background counts, dual natured flora, paracritter security, astral observation, etc make magic a lot harder when things aren't in your favour - but require knowledge to bring to the game.

Hacking in the hands of a good GM can open up a lot of potential uses that a less experienced GM won't think of, or may shut down due to perceived inability to handle the situation that would evolve.

There's more to it, but I think that's the gist.
>>
>>43552909
The corp is the resources guy. Cyberpunk 2020 doesn't follow the same archtype stuff as Shadowrun.

You have Rockerboys for the "Face" (Or closest thing to it). Fixers sort of secondary, but Fixers specialize in getting stuff. Corporates are more for resources, stuff like corporate vehicles, hit teams, getting some extra stuff here and there. The thing is, unlike the fixer, who gets you stuff permanently (Which of course you pay Euros for), Corps generally get it for free, but for a small amount of time, and under the watchful eye of their parent corporation. Playing a corp is like playing a "Face" focused on having lots of favours and more subtle manipulation.
>>
>>43553000
In addition, Fixers are much more suited to hitting the streets, while having a Corporate is far better when you're dealing with corpzoners and other highclass people.
>>
>>43552842
Yes. Very easily.
Well, given your group aren't a bunch of radical anti-corp anarchists and you can't adequately keep that from them.
>>
>>43553084
But could you have the whole "Corporate resources" thing? Would it be something that would have to be specially worked out with the GM?
>>
>>43553100
Those are your contacts.
>>
>>43553100
It's possible to do in SR through contacts and favours (there's a favour rating table in the core book, and more stuff on contacts in run faster), but you won't be doing it for free - you'll have to do return favours or pay for them.
>>
>>43553161
So, I suppose take a security team, a guy in PR, a corp Decker etc, as contacts?

>>43553172
I can see the returning favours and such, or paying off people. As a GM, how do you think someone playing a corp would be handled? Would they be running their own pet projects, or taking orders from their superiors, or what? I imagine one would have to be a fairly good player to play a Corporate in Shadowrun (Just as you have to be a good player in 2020 to play one. Takes a lot of initiative, drive, and world knowledge.)
>>
>>43553172
That said, it's important to remember how much the information you learn in the Shadows is worth to your Corp.

It's basically insider trading, but as a Shadowrunner.
>>
>>43553172
"We'll do this job for you, and in exchange we get that piece of gear for two jobs worth of time. Deal?"
>>
>>43553211
>So, I suppose take a security team, a guy in PR, a corp Decker etc, as contacts?
Then those are the people you know. I would suggest saying your character is some sort of "infiltrate the Shadows" program by one of the Megas, and take a high-rating contact to represent that guy as your primary contact back in your Corp.
You can either use him to network other contacts for you to use, or just take them yourself.

Ultimately your goal is to increase the profit of your Corp by feeding them important information you garner through Shadowrunning. However in doing so, you need to get stronger and make your Running team better. Perhaps your Corp will also have to take a hit or two through the sabotage of certain projects (albeit you tipping them off so they can somewhat minimize damage) for the ultimate payoff.

It's like the Judas quality, but you never intend to betray your team.
Instead you're basically making them employees of your Corp, without them even knowing.
>>
>>43553289
Ah, right, I completely forgot that openly saying what corp your affiliated with, or even being a corp in Shadowrun is a big no-no.

I suppose something like that could work, but you'd have to explain the corporate resources and such somehow to the rest of the team ("I TOLD YOU GUYS I'M JUST A REALLY GOOD FIXER"). And I can't help it, but as a Corp I'd certainly be tempted to use the team for my own profit within the corp (As the thing I posted said, promotion by assassination isn't uncommon, as is sabotage.)
>>
I'm kinda interested in the idea of building a rigger, but I really don't know where to begin. What essentials should every rigger should have?
>>
Whats the best way to play a magical girl.
>>
>>43553437

6 magic, 6 in the Sorcery skill group.
>>
>>43553356
Then don't use overt Corp resources, or lie about their method of acquisition.
That useful data? Got it off a Data Broker.
That Red Samurai just took out a tangential target? Yeah, I tipped off KE about them having stolen that new prototype, and let corruption do the rest.
This Deck? Second-hand, and full of Spyware. It's good enough for the mission, but then we've gotta ditch it.

Basically you're just like every other Fixer, but you work for a Corp.
>>
>>43553401
Quickbooks
>>
>implying we all don't work for the corps in one way or another
>>
>>43553465
I suppose so. It would still be neat though to do stuff that just helps further your career, not sure how the GM would handle that in terms of position within the corporation though. But the idea of covertly using the party to get promotions and sabotage the competition makes me giddy. Because as well all know, half of every corp's problems are infighting.
>>
>>43553496
Exactly!
As said in Cyberpirates, Runners are little better than prostitutes who come running when the Corps call.
>>
Is it possible to do Elemental Aspected Mages in 5e, like, say I'm running an Air Aspect Druid, only able to cast illusions and summon air spirits?
>>
>>43553529
>But the idea of covertly using the party to get promotions and sabotage the competition makes me giddy.
Not really possible.
Leading a double-life is bad enough.
Actively manipulating your team for personal benefit without them noticing?
You're going to get caught, then fed feet first into a woodchipper.
>>
>>43553530
>implying
I'm really glad there's independent johnsons and hooding runs in most of the vidya
>>
>>43553547
How are they going to know its for your gain when you say you got a job to steal some design documents from Ares, or know that the guy they extracted was actually the one fighting me for that promotion?

And if they did happen to find out, what's it to them? They still got paid, and the only difference is the one gaining the benefits is running with them.
>>
>>43553584
When you're working that close to home, it's quite likely your face will turn up in related materials.

>What's it to them? They still got paid.
Many people don't like being lied to.
Runners especially.
I've had groups who've dropped everything for some Pro Bono "life ruining" on someone who left out a few contextual details of their contract.
>>
>>43553629
>When you're working that close to home, it's quite likely your face will turn up in related materials.
Hmm, you've got a point with that. You could just outright tell them you're with a corporation, I'm sure that could work. That's typically how it's handled in 2020, atleast. You pay them, and your pay comes from your supervisors or the various things you get out of the jobs.
>>
>>43553584
Shadowrunners, as well as the rest of the underworld, distrust anybody associated with corporations. Though it really is up to the players to be as retarded as the fluff expects them to.

>>43553529
The GM would likely have you backstabbed by someone within the corporation by the end of your promotion quest.
>>
>>43553683
>The GM would likely have you backstabbed by someone within the corporation by the end of your promotion quest.
See, that's why when playing a corp, you need to be ultra-paranoid. And really, that would be an acceptable end to a character.

Are you trying to say it's a terrible idea, or, just pointing things out?
>>
>>43553674
Doesn't go down too well in SR. Inter-corporate skirmishes can be pursued through courts, forcing the initiating corporation to recompense for damages, lost profit, etc.
>>
>>43553820
Hmm, damn. I guess the corporate world in Shadowrun is a little less cutthroat and personal than 2020's. Doesn't seem like Corps are all to involved in their shenanigans, as opposed to 2020 atleast.
>>
>>43553898
No, it's just as cutthroat and personal, they can just legally pretend it's not.
>>
>>43553910
I worded that poorly, sorry. It's the same in 2020, they can pretend they're not doing anything extremely illegal, and PR like madcunts. Maybe, the term is less involved for corporates? Because from what it seems, you would have a lot of troubles playing a corporate junior executive in Shadowrun, where in 2020 it is relatively easy to set up such a scenario.
>>
>>43550669
Given how much taller I am than my family and most people around me, probably an elf or troll. If not awakened I'd probably just be an elf wageslave(and racist against roundears) or a troll... probably a homeless troll. I'd probably end up as a ganger or Street Samurai if I could scrounge up the money.
>>
What's the difference between a mystic and physical adept? Just that mystic adepts can cast spells too?
>>
>>43554146
Yeah, that's it.
>>
>>43554243
Huh.

...And why would I ever want to play a mage if mystic adepts can cast spells just as well?
>>
>>43554268
Because being an adept instantly makes you an asshole for playing the most broken thing in Shadowrun
>>
File: quickly.jpg (37 KB, 500x575) Image search: [Google]
quickly.jpg
37 KB, 500x575
>>43554290

Goddamnit.

I just want to be a mage that can do nice things ;__;
>>
>>43554290
It's not like he mentioned being a Pixie Mystic Adept, anon.
>>
>>43554347
>>43554357
Really, if it weren't for people bitching, I would ban adepts from my games. Because Jesus they are off the chains in the worst way possible.

I've never even read about pixies but I'd ban them too because god damn like people don't play dumb enough stuff in my games.
>>
>>43554268
In theory, you're splitting your karma requirements between the two archetypes. In 4e, you were buttmurderraped due to having to split your Magic; in 5e that's no longer the case and you just buy PP with Karma.

Since adept powers usually don't do much for spellcasting/summoning, it's assumed you'll be spending Karma upgrading not just your magical skills but also whatever skills are supported by powers.

But even given all that, plus sustaining penalties, your temporary buffs and general ability to FUCK EVERYTHING with spells plus your permanent, passive bonuses to whatever you do turn you into Shadowrun's Clericzilla.
>>
>>43554388
>Highass Willpower
>Highass Charisma
>Highass Agility
>1/2 BOD
>1/2 STR
>Concealment

Less absolutely broken once CGL got their shit together and told us what Vanishing actually did in the god damn Missions FAQ of all places, but still pretty damn broken.
>>
>>43554347
Be a mage who spends skills on doing nice shit and with 1 point of ware?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.