[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Magazine is idiots. What are the REAL best D&D adventures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: cover_500x680.jpg (189 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
cover_500x680.jpg
189 KB, 500x680
Dungeon Magazine is idiots. What are the REAL best D&D adventures of all time?
>>
In b4 pathfags shit the bed
>>
>>43517031
The Night Below
The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
How the Mighty Are Fallen
The Keep on the Borderlands
>>
File: dark-tower1.jpg (189 KB, 583x770) Image search: [Google]
dark-tower1.jpg
189 KB, 583x770
'Nuff said.
>>
>>43517210
I don't get this.
>>
>>43517031
>>
There are actually some really good third party ones now. Are you talking WotC/TSR only or other sources as well?

Note I'm not talking about Pathfinder's AP things here, which are almost universally shit.
>>
>>43519925
>Are you talking WotC/TSR only or other sources as well?

If there's a game from some other source that's better than anything WotC or TSR came up with, it would be a great shame if it were denied a mention.
>>
>>43519428
It's actually not that hard to get. Way easier than its reputation.

Still fun, though.
>>
File: DFDcvr.jpg (131 KB, 469x656) Image search: [Google]
DFDcvr.jpg
131 KB, 469x656
>>43517031
>>
>>43522875
Oh hey cool, your opinion can fit right in on the new board hiroshimoot made for quests
>>>/trash/
>>
>>43522959
Entitled 3aboo or Social justice warrior?
>>
>>43522959
Are you serious? The DFD rewrite is pretty sick, what's your problem with it?
>>
There are a fucking ton of adventures that have been published after 1990.

But for some reason, the "best ever" were only published before 1990.

Most of which are actually fucking dogshit. Like, I appreciate the effort, but fuck White Plume Mountain. It's not a good module.
>>
>>43517055
Add Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to that list and it is a mighty fine one.
>>
>>43523087
Well, name one good adventure that was published after 1990. Otherwise your comment has no relevance to it.
>>
>>43523156

The Final Stand.
>>
>>43523156
Last Breaths of Ashenport
Shut-In
Pretty much all of Age of Worms
A bunch of the Shackled City parts
Slumbering Tsar
Does Ptolus count? I'm gonna say Ptolus.
>>
>>43523156
Almost everything Goodman Games has put out.

Shit, Dungeon Crawl Classics is OD&D if you could go back in time and make it knowing what we know now.
>>
>>43517055
>The Night Below
I'm in the middle of the Night Below right now. I'm a bit disappointed in the second book so far. It has Final Fantasy levels of grinding
>>
>>43519642
Was it usual for them to depict female dwarfs as bearded women?
>>
It was that one for Dark Sun,

The Valley of Dust and Fire

People say Tomb of Horrors was bad, no, no this is far worse. One of my favorites in that we really did try our hardest for a long time to actually do something with it. Its just a really fond memory of a summer of a bunch of nerds going "Man we gonna fuck this dragon up EVENTUALLY right? I mean we got bone spears and shit"

My question is, has anyone actually somehow beaten the dragon in this?
>>
>>43519642

>dat wizard boner
>>
>>43523602
Doesn't that one have metaplot-based DM-fiat "no, you can't beat Boris" stuff in it to stop you beating the dragon?
>>
>>43517031

Anyone got any links to good adventures preferably for 2nd edition 3.5 or pathfinder. Official ones? PDFs?

I want to get back to playing D&D but I haven't the time to write my own material currently.

Also adventures with a big story arc through many levels would be great.
>>
>>43524041
Queen of the Spiders is pretty decent. It starts off weak and ends weak, but the middle point is some of the best D&D there is.
>>
>>43524311

Which edition? and where would be a good place to get it?
>>
>>43524336
1st. I dunno where to look for it: I've had mine forever.
>>
>>43523934

Yes, you cannot kill them. You can make them retreat but its hard as fucking balls.
>>
>>43524041
The PDF share thread has links to huge 1e and 2e archives: >>43467620
>>
>>43527259

Thanks
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.