[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say a Space Marine runs out of ammunition. Does he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Space Meringue.jpg (33 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
Space Meringue.jpg
33 KB, 400x387
Let's say a Space Marine runs out of ammunition. Does he pick up a random weapon on the floor and keep shooting with that? Would he be trained to do so, if the weapon isn't of Imperial origin? Is he even allowed to do so?
>>
>>43514154
If he runs out of dakka, he gets mowed down by da boyz dat doesn't.
>>
File: Chainsword_Schematic.jpg (54 KB, 422x458) Image search: [Google]
Chainsword_Schematic.jpg
54 KB, 422x458
>>
>>43514154
>Does he pick up a random weapon on the floor and keep shooting with that?
Depends on the chapter
>Would he be trained to do so, if the weapon isn't of Imperial origin?
Depends on the chapter and author writing.
>Is he even allowed to do so?
See above
>>
I imagine a space marine would be willing and able to pick up and use weapons of imperial design. A lasgun may be inferior to his bolter but I think he'd use it if it was his only realistic option.

Now if the weapon is of xeno origin (not even chaos tainted or anything, just of xeno origin) it probably depends on the specific chapter or marine. I think the typical marine would rather try his luck with his bare fists/combat knife or even die than pick it up and use it. There might be some willing to use non-tainted weaponry in an emergency situation, but I think they'd be in the minority.

Chaos tainted shit though? Hell no. I mean unless they're already a heretic. Then yeah I guess that shits okay with them. They probably have zero qualms on the xeno weapons too.
>>
>>43514154
They have some weird pouch or some shit that lets them grab magazines full of ammo straight from Mars or some stupid bullshit like that.

They don't run out of ammo.
>>
Assuming there are weapons on the ground that he can actually use with his big meaty hands, probably. Otherwise, there's always his combat knife. Chances are he's either deployed somewhere he can resupply without enormous trouble or he'said brought a fair bit of extra ammo, though.
>>
>>43514219
That being said I could be forgetting a chapter. There's probably at least one chapter who's perfectly fine with wielding xeno weapons all they fucking want. They sorta self govern so even in the imperium there aren't a whole lot of folks who are going to tell them no
>>
There are combat knives. Actually, is there any indication of how long a chainsword or powerweapon can go without needing to be refueled or recharged?
>>
>>43514154
Their Fingers in their Gauntlets are Literally too large for most Non Specially made Firearms to handle.
An one would assume with their Armour toughness and size They could PUNCH most enemies to death.
>>
>>43514243
Do you mean the Deathwatch?
>>
>>43514515

Deathwatch, chamber militants of the Ordo Xenos, given sanction by the Inquisition to not only contain and destroy dangerous Xenos threats, but also to recover artifacts and wield them when deemed acceptable or appropriate.

Everyone else would rather use their armored gloves to beat the enemy to death than pick up a xenos weapon. Though they could easily reach for a combat knife first. There's a long line of accepted use of using Ork weapons, but that's because Ork tek is most often too crude to have much of an insidious xenos influence and the most common version are just janky versions of Imperial machinery or even just crude sharpened metal blades.
>>
>>43514730
Only the most puritan of chapters would refuse to use xenos weapons if the situation required it. It's a choice between:

a. Dying with your duty unfulfilled
b. Killing the filthy xenos with his own weapons so that you can survive to pray for forgiveness later.
>>
>>43514219
> A lasgun may be inferior to his bolter
The correct option is to gather them in a backpack, and use max power shots to burn them out in 1-2 shots.
>>
>>43514276
I'm assuming internal fusion engine, unlimited power
>>
>>43514730
Provided the ork weapon actually works when someone else tries to use it.
>>
>>43514154
>out of bolter shells
>picks up lasgun
>cannot fit big meaty claws astartes-pattern fingers under teeny tiny trigger guard
>accidentally mashes trigger with power fist
>drops it and pretends he found it that say
>guardsman is later blammed by commissar for improper weapon care
>and for actually surviving the battle
>nearby Astartes sweats nervously
>>
>>43517134
Now I'm imagining a Space Marine cackling in Imperial-sanctioned glee and pulling overcharged lasgun after overcharged lasgun out of a sack, blasting one or two cultists before cracking another's breastplate with the thrown rifle.
>>
>>43517246
Plasma guns are the best grenades.
>>
>>43514154
Ideus, former captain of the Ultramaroons died when he triggered melta charges by firing a nightlords plasma pistol at them, completing his mission.
>>
File: I cast fist.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
I cast fist.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>43514219
Lasgun is 1d10+2 damage
Space Marine fist is 1d10+SB Tearing
the fist is actually better
>>
>>43517415
You can't fist someone at a distance
>>
>>43517424
Its easy to throw someone. Thats how we killed a Lictor alpha, We threw our Assualt Marine at it.
>>
>>43517464
Couldn't he just have used his Jump Pack?
>>
>>43517490
no because he decided that scout armor was better with a thunderhammer....

It was basically Predator the mission that session. Till youknow, projectile Assualt Marine
>>
File: Dwarf toss.gif (495 KB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf toss.gif
495 KB, 500x204
>>43517510
>Brothers... Toss me!
>What?
>I cannot reach the xenos on my own, toss me!
>...
>Just never mention it to the Inquisitor.
>Not a word, Brother!
>>
>>43517415
Clearly we need to invent a gun that shoots fists then.
>>
>>43517360
Yeah but chaos SM or renegades still use imperial tech.
>>
File: 069.jpg (653 KB, 1066x1488) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
653 KB, 1066x1488
>On its initial founding, this Chapter was known as the Fire Claws and fought primarily in warzones surrounding the Eye of Terror, fighting alongside companies of the Cadian Regiment. When the Emperor's Tarot revealed the existence of a badly damaged space hulk emerging from the warp near the Forge World of Stygies in Segmentum Obscurus, the Fire Claws mobilised to intercept it. The hulk, codified as the Captor of Sin, contained a renegade warband led by a Tzeentchian Chaos Champion known as the Excoriator. The Space Marine strike cruisers crippled the vessel as it entered the Stygies System and Terminator Assault Squads led by Librarian Decario and the shadowy figure of Inquisitor De Marche stormed the vessel. Realising they were doomed, the renegades made their stand in a cavern sized engine room where furious battle was joined and Decario and De Marche fought the Excoriator.

>The Champion was a mighty warrior and carried a weapon forged in the heart of the Eye of Terror, a terrible Daemon sword, with the essence of a greater daemon bound within its steel. The Inquisitor hacked at the Champion with his power axe, but the unnatural armour of the Excoriator was impervious to his blows. The Chaos champion retaliated, his daemon weapon easily cutting through De Marche's armour and grievously wounding him. With one strike, the Excoriator shattered Decario's force sword and laid open his Terminator armour. Decario staggered, but struck back with his power fist, ripping the Chaos Champion's sword arm from its socket in a welter of blood.

>Even mortally wounded and unarmed, the champion fought with hideous ferocity, smashing the Librarian to the ground and slaughtering four Terminators. Decario muttered a prayer to the Emperor, grabbed the nearest weapon to hand and struck out at the Champion. The Excoriator's head was chopped from his shoulders and Decario realised he had picked up the daemon sword, killing the champion with his own weapon.
>>
File: 070.jpg (628 KB, 1069x1495) Image search: [Google]
070.jpg
628 KB, 1069x1495
>>43517873

>Decario was filled with a sense of utter purpose as he wielded the Chaos sword, and instinctively felt that this was a weapon that could be turned against the forces of Chaos. The wounded De Marche cautioned the Librarian to put the weapon down, that only he was trained to handle such artefacts. The Librarian handed the Inquisitor the weapon and the Space Marines returned to their ship, leaaving behind an Adeptus Mechanicus survey team to search the hulk for the reamains of any archaeotech.

>De Marche explained that he also believed that such weapons could be used to fight Chaos and should not be destroyed out of hand as was current policy. With the aid of Decario, he was able to convince the Fire Claw's Chapter Master of this and under De Marche's guidance, the Fire Claws embarked on a crusade to explore the worlds around the Eye of Terror and uncover more such relics. Over the decades that followed, many such artefacts were discovered and the Fire Claws Chapter became known as the Relictors.

>However, it was only a matter of time before the practice of the Relictors using Chaos weapons in battle became known to others. A cell of Inquisitors, backed up by no less than four Chapters of Space Marines and an Emperor class battleship descended upon the Relictor's fortress monastery and demanded they hand over De Marche and all recovered Chaos artefacts or be destroyed. Faced with destruction the Chapter had no choice but to obey. As penance for dealing with heretical weaponry the Chapter was despatched on a century long penance crusade. De Marche was taken by the Inquisitors and executed as a heretic. As part of their crusade, the Chapter has deployed all ten companies to Armageddon, with a greater concentration of forces in the Equatorial Jungle, particularly in the region surrounding Angron's Monolith.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001119165100/http://www.armageddon3.com/English/Campaign/Troops/relictors.html
>>
>>43517878
>Hey guys this guy is actually doing pretty well with all these chaos weapons
>Let's kill him and disband this highly effective chapter
Warhammer 40k logic everyone.
>>
>>43517935
Better that than the chapter turning en masse and you then have a highly effective warband in what was thought to be protected territory holed up in a fortress armed with powerful chaos artefacts. Which was a very real possibility.
>>
>>43517976
But that doesn't excuse how retarded all of warhammer 40k is.
>>
>>43518004
Yea it does, Chaos is some crazy shit, you gotta stop that before it can get anywhere or you can't stop it from getting everywhere.
>>
>>43518004
Oh yes. It is a very silly place based on metal album cover art. Not all of it is silly, but a lot of it is very silly indeed.
>>
>>43514219
although a space marine finger would be too big uness he spased the trigger guard to actually pull the trigger.
>>
>>43518927
smashed
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.