[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
Warhammer: Age of Sigmar General

Return of Archano edition

I repeat, there are zero artwork of goblins/grots and no one care. :'(

>>resources
pastebin.com/sQ5NryL7
>>
File: image.png (12 KB, 382x262) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12 KB, 382x262
>>43513238
First for best faction.
>>
File: AOS Celestant Prime2.jpg (325 KB, 950x700) Image search: [Google]
AOS Celestant Prime2.jpg
325 KB, 950x700
>>43513238

Second for pop pop comets gonna drop
>>
File: AoS Sigmar.png (2 MB, 1421x895) Image search: [Google]
AoS Sigmar.png
2 MB, 1421x895
>>43513238
Why won't the Slann pay RENT!?
>>
>>43513350
Because they're older than him. Sigmar doesn't pay respect to his elders.
>>
So how much were lizards screws over with the new lore?
And think we can expect more releases keeping aesthetics of the races like with how the seraphon are? Or are we going to get major shake ups from now on?
>>
Imgur keeps fucking up for me as I try to upload pictures, it doesn't put them in an album....
>>
>To their labyrinthine minds the past, present and future blur together, though in rare moments of lucidity they bend all their sorcerous might towards the downfall of Chaos.

Slaan are still airheaded....starheaded? Their minds are still clouded but this time they don't have Chaos to blame for it.
>>
>>43513350
Because the Slann created humans, ergo they created Sigmar.

Sigmar is now mooching off them, not the other way round.

>>43513403
Literally everything is the same bar some split ups. Like, Wood Elves, Dark Elves and High Elves are now Aelves, one faction. While Slyvianethi are a forest spirit faction. Nurgle Rotbringers and so on.

Dwarfs are split up, just like they were in WHFB. One 'kind' are supportive of Sigmar and Co, while the other ones can be "bought" for "ur-gold". In short, they're Not!Chaos DWarfs
>>
>ime and their long journey across the void have taken their toll upon the slann.Many have been slain in the relentless war with the Dark Gods, while others have simply vanished, lost to the slow march of ages and the endless battles that wrack the Mortal Realms. However, some live on despite the death of their bodies as spirits trapped within desiccated mortal forms – creatures of celestial magic more than flesh and blood. Greatest among these is Lord Kroak, believed by the slann to be the oldest of their kind. Filled with the light of Azyr, Kroak is a vessel of immense arcane power, and though his body may be withered and useless, battlefields still tremble before his mighty incantations.

It seems that Kroak is not the only mummy Slann.
>>
>>43513590
Yes? It's not like anything has changed much. Everything is pretty much the same as it was in WHFB.

What did you expect? Kroak is GOAT.
>>
>>43513403
All lizardmen but Slann died, Slann attemp to create soldiers from pure azyr energy, shaped with their long ago memory, here come seraphon.

>>43513350
Why pay, Sigmar cannot afford war against Seraphon in the sake of rent. Sigmar ain't a fool like you.
>>
>he saurus have a different understanding of the Sunbloods. They believe the Sunbloods are a fragment from their past, and a piece of the lost war deity of the seraphon remade in celestial form.

Sotek....is dead?
>>
>Countless are the heroic acts of self-sacrifice performed by the Eternity Wardens, but a hallowed few are worthy of legend. Xoat’ar, Shield of the Azure City, choked a Lord of Change with his own broken body to save his master, while Atlor-ke the Unbowed stood sentinel for a hundred mortal lifetimes over the remains of his master Nohekal, until the slann’s magic finally faded. The magical bond between an Eternity Warden and his master is so strong that it endures for as long as the slann lives – a span which is often measured in ages of creation

What do you know? Slann are mortal, though extremely long lived.
>>
>>43513512
It's still having an affect of them.
>>43513657
Rocks are needed.
>>
>>43513710
>It's still having an affect of them.

They are literally inhaling and exhaling massive amounts of Azyr energy which is a powerful Chaos warder and cleanser. It's impossible for Chaos to affect something that protected. Also they live in Azyr where Chaos has no grip or sight.

No, the fault is their own.
>>
>>43513765
Maybe they're just too used to it being like that. One of those mind over matter deals. Also, it's making them flawed. Can't be too perfect.
>>
>>43513705
Ages of Creation... So googled it. Time seems to be about 6.4 billion years (it's based on Earth), so, it says plural "ages", so this must be tens of billions of years.

Such a shame. Chaos will win then, Slann will eventually die, it might take 100 billion years, but they'll eventually die.
>>
>>43513842
But Chaos too will have to die one day.
>>
>>43513856
Chaos exists outside of time.
>>
>>43513765
>>43513790
>>43513710
>>43513512
>being this stupid

The spell still affected the Slann when they left, remember. The Temple Guard sealed the Slann inside and they set off. Malus ending didn't stop the curse they had. Chaos still exists. Chaos caused the curse. So instead of making them sleepy, it muddles things up for them. Remember they no longer have the Geomatic Web for aid. Everything is via Star Magic. So, it's just been flipped, nothing has changed. Instead of the Geomatic (or metric, I forget) web boosting them to awakeness in WHFB, it's now Azyr energy, and instead of being awake, it's not being able to discern present, past and future.
>>
>Greatest among the skink spellcasters, and most capable of all the slann’s servants in matters arcane, are the Starseers. No seraphon are as attuned to their ancient masters as the Starseers, for they are able to understand a measure of the plan that the slann follow, and the great war they wage against the Dark Gods. Starseers are often more aware of the present than the slann, as the skinks’ minds are unclouded by the fragmented memories of aeons. Thus do the Starseers act as guides, finding patterns in the missing pieces of the seraphon’s past and unveiling forgotten truths. Especially potent Starseers are able to travel far from their master’s side whilst retaining a measure of his power. Seraphon armies may even be led by such beings, and they can exert great influence within the MortalRealms.

It seems that old age has down a number on the Slann minds.
>>
>>43513869
No where is stated that Chaos won't die one day.
>>
>>43513896
No country for old frogmen it seems.
>>
>>43513962
40K for example.

Chaos is immortal and undying in the Warp.
>>
http://imgur.com/a/V9AGb

It worked. Also, some reason put an Ork pic in.

>>43513896
Where does it say that? All it says is they have clouded minds, not that they're "down".
>>
>>43513896
>>43514061
done a number*

typo
>>
>>43514033
Chaos is filled with infinite possibilities is it not? Certainly the death of Chaos is one of them.
>>
>know absolutely nothing about Warhammer
>play Vermintide
>want to build a Skaven army

Seriously those guys are cool.
>>
>>43514087
Hiss! REMOVE SKAVEN!

HOLY SIGMAR! BLESS THESE WEARY BONES!

I like to pretend he says HOLY SHIT MAN. Also when Kruber goes "I wish you were an ale" you can hear it was "I was you were a male" Also Verellian is mai Gaelic waifu
>>
>>43514087
fuckin do it, Doug!

I recruited one of my best friends recently & he's really embraced the evil super-science aspect of 'em. They have some bitchin' models like The Screaming Bell & HellPit Abomination, & the rules are fun.
>>
File: oHq3zIr - Imgur.jpg (288 KB, 1170x1534) Image search: [Google]
oHq3zIr - Imgur.jpg
288 KB, 1170x1534
>>43510198
>>43510530

Wonder if those planets are Realms.
>>
http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/331

holy shit this looks good

finally got something with non round kids toy armor for chaos
sweeeeet
>>
>>43514940
In one of the books (or WD or something) it talks about how Splume travels "the void" in his Plague Kraken ship. He is no longer a pirate, he's a Space Pirate. He travels between the realms like that, not via gates.

So, it's likely.
>>
File: mark of slaanesh.jpg (108 KB, 660x880) Image search: [Google]
mark of slaanesh.jpg
108 KB, 660x880
>>43515185
Is the MoS on his shield? I can't tell.
>>
>>43515623
yes, it's right next to khorne's
>>
>>43515692
Shame it's very minor compared to the rest of the models nods to Chaos.

Maybe the Wings are Slaaneshi? I can't see anything bout the mount which indicates it's got Slaanesh stuff.

It also has the keyword Slaanesh, so Slaanesh isn't gone. Maybe the "lashing tail" is the part of Droghar which is Slaanesh?
>>
>>43515767
>Slaanesh
>"tail"
>>
So are we going to get a coninuation of lore on the level or at least close to fantasy? Or are we going to be stuck in limbo?

It's one thing to enjoy the game, but having a bit of decent lore or something to go off is nice. Granted making your own up works too
>>
>>43515767

Slaanesh symbol because Archaon does not acknowledge GHR as per fluff.

However lost gods do not help you, so no Slaaneshi head for Dorghar or powers.
>>
>>43515767
Aren't the head of the steed the same heads he has the skulls on his armor? I don't know Archaon fluff, what are those skulls?
>>
>>43513339
Is the Celestant Prime Settra, a random fluff character or nobody in particular?
>>
>>43516831
The blessing of Slaanesh flowed through the Slaaneshi daemons fighting the Lizzies.

Their banners radiated with the power of Slaanesh. Something gotta give.
>>
I swear in every Nurgle artwork there's a daemon with a shit eating grin, is it a common thing?
>>
>>43516913
Nobody.

His story in "Hammers of Sigmar" implies that he was from the Mortal Realms like all Stormcast.
>>
>>43513657
Sotek was not lizardmen warrior deity
I think that is referring to some old ones
>>
>>43517712
It says that the Sunbloods are considered to be avatars of a long lost reptilian war god by the rest of the Serahs

Sotek was a serpent god, yes? Who demanded blood and war sacrifices?
>>
File: wp_ss_20151107_0001.png (250 KB, 768x884) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151107_0001.png
250 KB, 768x884
>>43517746
Pretty much all the old ones may have had something in common with reptiles and/or amphibians since it was stated that they shaped to world to put it closer to the sun and chose the equator in particular to better suit their alien metabolism

Sotek was not called a war god, nor venerated as such, on the other hand there have always been gods of war in the lizardmen pantheon more linked to the aspect of war and to the fact of being lost

Of you want to believe it is referring to sotek go ahead, but it's not probable
>>
>>43517929
Sotek is a vengeance god I think.
>>
>>43517960
Yep, vengeance, blood, fire, sneks and hatred towards everything chaos and everything skaven in particular
>>
>GW and FW sites are back to defaulting to mobile versions
Useless fucks.
>>
>>43513590
>the light of Azyr
It still pisses me off
>>
>>43513350
Because you're a shit accountant, sigmar, that's why.
>>
File: aowpl10-ps_blister.jpg (70 KB, 700x527) Image search: [Google]
aowpl10-ps_blister.jpg
70 KB, 700x527
How do Vestals of Nemesis look next to the real deal? In terms of quality and scale
Witch Elves are one of my favorite models, but these are 1/4 to 1/5 the price
>>
>>43514075
And so?
So if the unending life of Chaos.
Chaos both exists and does not exist, but nobody concerns themselves over the non-existence of Chaos because it simultaneously exists.
>>
so have been out of the loop for some time, is AoS any good? played a lot of WHFB back in the day and am interested in playing this. should I? Or should I stick with the few WHFB players i know?
>>
>>43515185
>>43515623
Wow
Is this Archaon's final form?
>>
is there a link to battletome: seraphon pdf already? :3
>>
>>43517197
For Nurgle daemons, yes.
>>
>>43518348
Yeah, it was linked in the previous thread.
>>
>>43515185
>http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/331
>Archaon
>Slayer of Kings

Sigmar can't even destroy a sword right.
>>
>>43518368
You sure? There were pics and greentexts but I didn't see any mediafire link or redirection to download the thing.
>>
>>43518368
Just went throgh the last post in the archives. I have to agree with>>43518534
no mediafire links 404 file not found
>>
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 640x426
What Age of Sigmar army would look good on moorland basing?
>>
Why doesn't Miniwargaming do Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>43518615
Beastmen.
>>
>>43518655
Four pages of rules and so far no new armies or even models aside form the ones in the starter.
Not much to talk about really.
>>
>>43513705
Its doesnt say they're mortal, it refers to the slaan's remains, ie, his corpse. So we known that after they are killed their magic sticks around for a while at least, and then fades away.
>>
>>43518655
>>43518685
Same with facehammer, Russ won't release new episodes until we see some new stuff to talk about. Fucking GW need to get their shit in gear and bulk release stuff, reboxing old models and a book isn't good enough.
>>
File: steambored.png (8 KB, 54x54) Image search: [Google]
steambored.png
8 KB, 54x54
>>43517204

How fucking thrilling... ugh.
>>
>>43516781
From what I understand, they want to do a continuing story as told through campaign books and editions.

So unlike the old world or 40k, the setting well constantly progress and continue.
>>
>>43518311
Play what's being played on your meta.

AoS is a casual game that can't be played on a competitive level. It's more of a storytelling adventure battle game. It's a completely different game than whfb.

Best thing to do is try it out with a friend. Dont try comparing it to whfb though. Play with the scenarios or battle plans though because regular pitch battles are boring as fuck.

A simple way to balance forces is by wounds.
>>
>>43519513
Certainly seems to be the case.
New Archaon model, just as they're setting up a second war for the Allpoints.
>>
Do we have an ETA on the next campaign book?
>>
>>43519797

Probably not until sometime in the new year. Final weeks in November look to be filled with a second campaign book for 40k, Assassins, and Archaon.
>>
New elfs soon, anons. My gw manager told me about a 'forward plan' with spaced out aos releases. He theorized chaos (with the upcoming archaon) and elves either before or after that.
>>
>>43519906
Actually, there's a rumor saying that after HH it's pretty much all AoS releases

If a second campaign book for 40k and assassins even had to happen, they would not take more than one week each, for the assassins they already have the models and are but a few clampacks to release alongside the assassinorum codex, for the 40k campaign it should be chaotics and tau, the latter already got their toys, for the former who knows, they may even use the chance to release daemonic models for AoS and then just the 40k book campaign to quickly give them 40k rules.
>>
>>43520131
>HH it's pretty much all AoS releases
Until the end of the year, that is
>>
>>43520059

GW managers usually don't know much.

>>43520131

GW doesn't really do new releases in December and there are only three weeks in December with the next 40k book and Assassins taking up at least one of those, if not two.
>>
>>43520180

*there are only three weeks left in November
>>
any scans/photos form new lizardmen battletome?
>>
>>43520131
>>43520140
That probably means repackage old minis with round bases and amazing one click deals that save you a few mouseclicks.
Seriously how cynical has a company to be before coming up with something like one click deals?
>>
>>43520059
Nah, GW managers aren't told shit. That is wishlisting or guessing at least. Not that I would be unhappy to see some elves in the near future.
>>
>>43521486
I'm not sure, I mean, skaven and undead are likely candidates for just repackaging+battletome, we've got a fair share of art and fluff around them, so at least one of them I'd say will come soonish, but I'm expecting some new dorfs to be honest, the 8th ed release had a certain feel of holding back from the start and we already have an artwork of the fyreslayers (and nowadays art almost only depicts actual models, meaning that they're ready)
Without considering that the dispossessed got already mentioned in novels and campaign books as in something obviously near.

About the undead though, since the old rumor of a new model of archaon on chaos dragon turned out to be real after all, we should look forward a bone giant.

they started doing one click deals about the same time the plan for the destruction of the old fantasy setting supposedly got put in motion
>>
>>43521634
They are in the UK, theyre given a decent amount of information about releases for the next while. They knew about the change to round bases for AoS and its skirmish style for months in advance. Or manager ran a skirmish style warbands campaign and encouraged averyone to base them on round bases. Same guy also told me about some of the upcoming boxed sets, HH, deathwatch, etc.
>>
>>43521959
Ok so did he tell you any details about these elves? Any specific kind of elf? New models or just reboxes?
>>
>>43523494
No, If I had that info I would have said it. He hasn't mentioned them. I get the impression they know about the major releases, so they can set up for them, but minor releases like AoS reboxings they find out on a week-by-week basis.

I would put money on elves getting no new models, because Seraphon got none. I think if we're going to be getting new models they'll be major releases, like Archeon.
>>
>>43518282
>How do Vestals of Nemesis look next to the real deal?

They are shorter. Expect less quality in details. Also for some reason they aren't anymore on the AoW shop (at least I wasn't able to find them).
I would have take a pic for you, but I'm in a hurry to go out.
>>
File: 20151107_223109.jpg (156 KB, 930x751) Image search: [Google]
20151107_223109.jpg
156 KB, 930x751
>>43518282
>>43523693
Taken in a hurry with my shitty phone. Please note the vestal is standing on a metal pin for ease of basing.
Hope that helps you.
>>
Hey Fa/tg/uys,
Used to play Fantasy like 3+ years ago, got out because of work, no time has opened up.
Have 2 large armies, Dark Elves and Warriors of Chaos, both around 5k. Wondering how both now fair in AoS. More interested in playing the Dark Elves, have everything but the new Cauldron of Blood, chariots, warlocks and a Dragon; otherwise have multiples of most things.
Advice?
>>
>>43526302
>Advice?
Dunno, have you read the 4 pages of rules yet? It's kind of hard to say 'how they fair' since there are no points or listbuilding restrictions. You basically have to freestyle with what you have and it may or may not happen to be a balanced game.
GW was never perfect but for AoS there is no system in place to provide internally balanced games besides the players agreeing on what they use in the game beforehand.

Some people like to use wounds as rough guideline to plan the scale of the games though that doesn't really work well.

I might catch some flak here, but honestly if you want to go back to fantasy ignore AoS and try 8th Edition if you don't have a problem with a dead and unsupported game, 9th edition if you don't mind unofficial rules, or KoW if you don't have an issue with non GW rules that have more focus on balance than making the games feel fluffy. Just my opinion though of course.
>>
>>43526302
Dark elves are solid and still have options for most roles, but what units do what jobs may have changed. For example black guard and executioners are both seriously tough, as well as very killy, so could conceivably be used as a tarpit with save bonuses from cover and mystic shield. Cold one knights on the other hand don't want to be in a prolonged brawl where their high saves and multiple S4 attacks helped in 8th, they want to be retreating and charging to get the best out of them. That sort of thing.

As the other anon says wounds are a rough and ready way to look at things, but it's best coupled with a bit of list comparison (e.g. having about the same number of heroes, about the same number of monsters/warmachines). 50 wounds is a decent skirmish (1 hero, 1 wizard, 1 monster, 5 cavalry, 2x 10 infantry, say) if it helps. The game is a bit more monster and hero heavy than before, I've found.

>>43526603
I'm not going to jump on you for the spoiler, but it's probably worth him at least trying a couple of games of AoS. If it's not for him, it's not for him.
>>
How would you guys feel if GW released Magic Items decks for Age of Sigmar. Items made for Age of Sigmar to give your heroes just a bit more personality like back in previous editions, Each one named things such as "Vault of the Old Ones.", " or "Lost Treasures of the Duardin." also hearkening back to the old armories.

And they would keep in the fast and loose style of Age of Sigmar with almost all items being able to be used by all armies.
>>
>>43527230
That sounds retarded. Its not a card game, its a miniatures game.
>>
>>43526603
Thanks mate, I liked 8th lots but towards the end it was getting silly. I have read the rules, and it's just so simple...
>>43526977
Thanks too, I've tried AoS and it's not great, but wasn't sure what is worthwhile or not; maybe due to first time playing and non-optimal units.
>>
>>43515185
Fuck that looks metal
>>
File: 1441989993778.png (3 MB, 1900x1147) Image search: [Google]
1441989993778.png
3 MB, 1900x1147
Hey /AoSG/ has anyone used a fog machine during their battles to cover the general table top with a light coat of fog? Sounds strange, but in the books the photoshoots always have fog. I was thinking of trying to recreate that as we play.

Anyone done this before?
>>
File: 1417835840904.jpg (385 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
1417835840904.jpg
385 KB, 2688x1520
>>43530364
>fog machine
don't
>>
>>43530609
wouldn't your minis get damp from that mist
>>
>>43530826
with a fog machine? yes

that's why I said don't

dry ice is safe, however
>>
>>43513238
>>43513339
>>43514940
>>43530364

Say what you will about the game itself but the art and the minis are just god-tier.
>>
>>43519257
>"The magical bond between an Eternity Warden and his master is so strong that it endures for as long as the slann lives – a span which is often measured in ages of creation"

We are given a lifespan of the Slann.
>>
>>43530964
>>43530609
>>43530826
Thanks. I'll look into dry ice
>>
File: mantis.jpg (120 KB, 567x796) Image search: [Google]
mantis.jpg
120 KB, 567x796
>>43523791
Looks like the RagingHeroes Mantis... but worse quality. I didn't think that was possible.

>>43533330
>Slann get magic from stars
>The time it'd take for all stars to die out in our universe is trillions of years
>Slann have a life span of trillions of years

Shame that Chaos is infinite. They have to get a move on.
>>
>>43527230
I always thought they would. But it wouldn't be 'decks'. It would be a rule book about all the factions and the way their gear is made and shit. Then a selection of stuff to choose from. Maybe the Dwarf Style "Make your own weapon", which I fucking loved about the Dwarfs.

So, who knows, but it won't be soon.
>>
>>43533330

We are given a measurement of the span, not the point of death nor its cause.
No slann has ever been mentioned of dying of old age.
A slann may live for billions and billions of years, get killed by a sword and still its lifespan would have been measured in ages of creation.
>>
>>43535529
I think Carnac is the likely cause. He tries to twist things to fit his head-canon.

The problem is, we're left with less Slanns than we had in WHFB. Which sucks anus. I had hoped for a Mazdamundi character, but no...
>>
>>43533330
>As long as the Slann lives
>The lifespan of a new Guardsmen in 40k is 17 hours
>THEY ONLY LIVE FOR 17 HOURS GUYS GOD!

Nope. It just means that the Slann often survive billions of years and then loses the life to an enemy. Read the text again. It specifically talks about a Slann dying and the EW standing over him until he died. That's what it's talking about.

You're also missing the point that EW's can live billions of years too. In fact, they didn't die of old age in WHFB. So, if Slann CAN die of old age, but EW can't. What's the point?

So it's not talking bout the age of the Slann in terms of old age, but in terms of how long they survive battle and shit.
>>
>>43535618
>You're also missing the point that EW's can live billions of years too. In fact, they didn't die of old age in WHFB.

Source?
>>
>>43523669
>Elves got shit loads of new models
>so did Lizardmen
>I KNOW! LET'S GIVE THEM EVEN MORE!

Fuck. Guess Lizardmen are just not popular enough.
>>
>>43535632
The same fucking comment, fagit.

>"The magical bond between an Eternity Warden and his master is so strong that it endures for as long as the slann lives – a span which is often measured in ages of creation"

>bond BETWEEN an Eternity Warden and his master is so strong that it endures for as long as the Slann lives
>MEASURED IN AGES OF CREATION
>AS LONG AS THE SLANN LIVES

Therefore, the EW cannot die. Furthermore, EW's are creations of the Slann's magical powers, so how the fuck can a being made up of magic 'die' of old age? Daemons don't die of old age.
>>
>>43532350
The mini are objectively very well done but often suffer for uninspired design choices and lack of textures.
I'm reserving final judgement for when they release Orcs, elves and dwarfs though.
The art, apart from a few exceptions, has horribly done proportions, composition and anatomy, not a few pieces suffer from obvious lack of time and money invested visible in multiple copy paste and less and less attention to everything that is not the immediate focus.
If you think the quality of the art is good you haven't lurked enough to know what was before. In AoS it barely reaches third party levels of quality.

The quantity is nice though.
>>
>>43535669
I meant source about the EW not dying of old age in WHFB.

The Wardens are memory daemons now but what about before?
>>
>>43535696
Just remembered something.

All the lizardmen, except some of the Slann, died in the aeons long journey in space.

So either they died out of old age or died out of thirst and hunger. Pick and choose.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151108_0002.png (187 KB, 768x284) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151108_0002.png
187 KB, 768x284
>>43535696
>>
File: wp_ss_20151108_0001.png (86 KB, 768x298) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151108_0001.png
86 KB, 768x298
>>43535796
>>
>>43535696
>>43535719
WHFB. Under Saurus. The fluff said "never been known to have died of old age". It's in 7th and 8th.

They probably died of hunger and thirst. We do know they need to eat, as one of the words the Saurus can say is "hungry". We also know Skinks had farms and shit to run.

If they died of old age, then that changes things, but would need to see the source for it.
>>
>>43535796
>>43535811
So...there was no certainty about if they can die of old age or not. Like Orcs, they often die on the battlefields before they can live out their natural lifespan.
>>
File: wp_ss_20151108_0003.png (371 KB, 768x385) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151108_0003.png
371 KB, 768x385
>>43535811
>>43535719
That's another asspull: Saurus can stand vigilant for thousands of years immobile, without even blinking and they die of old age or hunger? Bullshit. I prefer to believe they all died before moving on at this point, or died specifically to be reawakened as spirits, I don't know.
>>
>>43535818
If they died out of hunger, it means that the Lizardmen were incompetent in not stacking their exodus ships with enough food for the journey.
>>
>>43535833
It is unknown for humans to fly.
That means they can and eventually will obviously.
>>
>>43535866
Slann were too busy slitting their wrists. The other Lizardmen were created to serve the Slann. Them dying means nothing to them.

It's just a way for GW to basically create the same fucking setting (Slann are small in number, others are made to serve them, they're trying to do a big plan, they're constantly befuddled by stuff but when they do see clearly they rape shit). Everything is the fucking same for them just slightly tweaked.

Slann surviving is all that mattered to the Lizrdmen and they did. Job done.

>>43535847
>>43535833
Saurus don't die of Old Age. But Skinks do. Read the 8th Edition fluff text of Tehehuain. It specifically says that he reappears despite living far longer than a Skinks natural lifespan. It also says that it took "generations of skinks" to cut the slab of stone for Gor-Roks shield.
>>
>>43535976
None was arguing about the skinks though.
>>
>>43535976
>Them dying means nothing to them.

Before they were saturated in Azyr energies, the Slaan had no way to bring back the Lizardmen. No way to fight the war against Chaos.Plus the death of their armies made their ships vulnerable for attack by space monsters and pirates. I think they would care about that.
>>
>>43536032
I know, I just didn't want it to get into this bullshit where Carnac or somebody brings it up to make a point to try and "win". By going "Hur dur Skinks die of old age so that must mean Saurus do as well huerp de derp"

>>43536033
Yes? The Lizardmen didn't care they died. They were tasked with serving the Slann. They served the Slann. They had no other purpose. Them dying meant nothing to them. The Slann, being emo, didn't do anything until they decided to fight back and used the stars powers.

>space monsters and pirates

Source of these things?
>>
>>43536157
>Yes?

It was dangerous to leave the Slann alone in their ships. They should have continued to live to serve them and protect them.

>Source of these things?

Whathisname the Nurglite character from Glottkin with Kraken tentacles coming out of his body now has a void kraken fortress he uses to travel worlds and realms.

The Argentinian Star Drake, who is Dragonbro's son, is a Chaos tainted space monster that is more powerful than his father. What if he found the Slaan instead of his father?

Space is dangerous.

Al
>>
>>43536235
1. Splume was too busy fighting to do anything. Furthermore, it just says his Kraken travels between the realms, it does not say how far it can go. The same problems would face him.

2. That Star Drake is part of the realms cycle. He's part of the falls. He eats the sun which allows shit to set. As for being more powerful than his father. This is not fact. Dracolian went to fight his son to keep him occupied, not to kill him. Yes, he retreated with bad wounds, but he didn't want him dead, just distracted long enough for them to climb the falls. Give me a source which says he's more power, not what you're assuming from a sentence. He isn't going to go into space looking for shit when he doesn't do that. Read the fluff.

Space is dangerous... And? They're in giant fucking spaceships.

Give me some proof that there are so many threats out there that could penetrate the fucking spaceships (in a fantasy setting) and then butcher the Slann.

Cause, guess what mate, it didn't fucking happen, did it? Otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Stop making shit up, fuck sake Carnac.
>>
>>43536446
>1. Splume was too busy fighting to do anything. Furthermore, it just says his Kraken travels between the realms, it does not say how far it can go. The same problems would face him.

Too busy? How do you know that?

The Realms are disconnected by space. If he doesn't use the gate realms this means he has to cross space, like the Slann do to travel around the realms.

> That Star Drake is part of the realms cycle. He's part of the falls. He eats the sun which allows shit to set.

A part of the cycle or did he make himself a part of the cycle at the behest of his new masters? The rest of your post is assumptions based on nothing.

>Space is dangerous... And? They're in giant fucking spaceships.

That can be attacked.

>Cause, guess what mate, it didn't fucking happen, did it? Otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Luck.

>Stop making shit up,

You first because you made a ton of shit up in that post,
>>
>>43523791
Thanks for the trouble. It looks like I won't be getting them then. They had been out of stock for a while already IIRC.
>>
>>43536550
>Your post is assumptions based on nothing.
>Space is dangerous.
>Luck.
>Stop making shit up.

Am I the only one finding this ironic?
>>
File: assburger.png (2 MB, 801x1126) Image search: [Google]
assburger.png
2 MB, 801x1126
>The Cauldron takes the form of a huge pot made of solid brass
>Their umblemished skin is pale as milk and their hair is white as ice

>Model designers/sculptors in charge of knowing and respecting fluff
>>
>>43536734

Seems like more a problem with the painters rather than the sculptors.
>>
All I want to know is what happened to Araloth, his daughterfu, the Pale Queen replacement, and the sanctuary .

The Elven cycle that has been going on since creation began, how does it fit into AoS?
>>
>>43536754
The painter is a sculptor
>>
We still haven't a link for the Seraphon Battletome, right?
>>
>>43536894
Seems so
>>
>>43536894
Support the hobby.
Piracy hurts us all.
>>
>>43536757
It was a lie, the last background work of ward, it will get forgotten and replaced by something else when the time of elven update comes.
>>
>>43536922
No, the people who pirate wouldn't be buyers anyway.
>>
>>43536894
Why didn't anyone ask the leaker from previous thread for a link?
>>
>>43536922
>>43536940

I just haven't enough money right now and I want to read it. I'll take it for my collection later.
>>
>>43536967
It's not really worth reading. Most of the interesting fluff bits has been already copypasted here.

The rest of it is unit descriptions and two battles against Slaaneshi daemons and a Bloodbound warband.
>>
Guys I need some clarification, is this video accurate of what the lizardmen and slann did during the end times?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6AHtM8qKM
>>
>>43534733
>>43523791
>>43518282
It's a shame they went to such lengths to hide how heinous the vestals actually look in person, I would have bought some otherwise.

I am also a fan of the exposed breats.
>>
>>43537148
No
>>
>>43536634
It's Carnac, he's a shitposter.

>>43536550
The ironing is palpable.

>Too busy

Age of Chaos and the fact there is no mention of him attacking Slann Temple Ships. Post that happening.

>Part of the cycle or did he make it
Fact: He is part of the cycle. You're assuming he became it on orders. Even if he did, it means nothing, he wasn't able to go out looking for spaceships to attack. He fell to Chaos during the Age of Chaos. Therefore, the Slann were already 'safe' in the heavens. So, you fail there, friendo.

>That can be attacked

Proof? No? Okay, then assumptions :)

>Fact: It didn't happen
>L-luck!!

Or the Slann had weaponry to use or were mighty enough to defend it even without an army. See, I'm making an assumption here. Just like you are. Fact is, they didn't die.

Fuck off Carnac. I can't believe you're so autistic you don't know that people hate you.

>>43537290
Yeah. If you want exposed breasts/cheesecake models, then RagingHeroes stuff is slightly better.
>>
>>43536940
>>43536967
It was Carnac anyway, his views are invalid automatically.
>>
>>43537543
>Age of Chaos and the fact there is no mention of him attacking Slann Temple Ships. Post that happening.

Age of Chaos happened AFTER the Age of Myth. What are you taking about?

>he wasn't able to go out looking for spaceships to attack.

You know this how?

> He fell to Chaos during the Age of Chaos.

You know this how?

>Therefore, the Slann were already 'safe' in the heavens. So, you fail there, friendo.

They were flying in space until Dragonbro found them and guided them to the Mortal Realms DURING the Age of Myth.

You are one who failed.

>Or the Slann had weaponry to use or were mighty enough to defend it even without an army. See, I'm making an assumption here. Just like you are. Fact is, they didn't die.

Except it' stated that the Slann are not suited for tiresome process of combat.

>Fuck off

Never.
>>
>>43537875
>Except it' stated that the Slann are not suited for tiresome process of combat.

There's this thing called magic.
>>
>>43537875
Dracothion was traveling with sigmar during the age of myth, also dracothion didn't know of the end of the world when he met the slann because he found out about that talking with them.
It means that they arrived before sigmar and the burning core of mallus.
>>
File: img550588800bb1d.jpg (685 KB, 2636x1480) Image search: [Google]
img550588800bb1d.jpg
685 KB, 2636x1480
>>43523791
>>43537290
With some painting skill it is still possible to have a nice unit.
Altought you buy vestal for price, if you want quality GW are better.
>>
>>43538315
Which most of the time they can't use very well because they are kinda senile due to the past, present, and future mixing in their brain.

>>43538499
Remember what happened in the End Times? Sigmar forgot who he was and lost his memories when he fell into the void. So no wonder he couldn't tell his tale Dragonbro about what happened. As for the Slaan, they infected Dragonbros mind with their grief and sadness, and their memories of what happened in the World-that-was.

Age of Myth, IIRC started when Sigmar reached the Realms.
>>
>>43538500
>Grey skin
>Grey hair
>Grey armour
>Grey bases
>>
>>43538500
Oh my god, is that what theyre like painted? Those are fucking hideous. Like jesus christ. Likr i get they are much cheaper, but holy fuck they are ugly.
>>
>>43538863
I think it's the lighting and paintjob which are shit.
>>
>>43538892

Its all shit. Everything.
>>
>>43538892
Those faces though.
>>
If two factions get new models at the same time who jobs?
>>
>>43540326
everyone else
>>
>>43540378
So the Sigmarines will job to both Lizards and Chaos if Lizards get new models?
>>
>>43540923
>lizards
>new models
>>
>>43536757

Will probably be touched on when the Elves get their update.

>>43536761

Eh, it's a personal model.
>>
>>43540978
If GW thinks they can make more money by making new Lizard models, let there be new lizard models. Even if it's a slightly altered version of existing models.
>Lord Kroak with no fingers
>It's new, nerds. Buy it.
>>
>>43513535
>Wood Elves, Dark Elves and High Elves are now Aelves, one faction
[breathing heavily]
>>
>>43541062
I'd like to see new knights and heroes (particularly a BSB), but it's not happening.

Anyways in the event two factions get new models at the same time, it's time to crack out the chaos demons, orcs, dwarves, elves, or whatever to job.
>>
Sunclaw Starhost
1 Saurus Sunblood
3 units of Saurus Warriors
Warriors gain +1 attacks with Jaws
Celestite Clubs/Spears become Rend -1 and Damage 2 vs Chaos Daemons
Eternal Starhost

1 Saurus Eternity Warden
3 units of Saurus Guard
+1 Save for Guard when within 10" of Warden
Celestite Polearm Damage increased to D3 for following combat phase if Guard unit does not move/charge that turn
Firelance Starhost

1 Scar Veteran on Cold One or Carnosaur
3 units of Saurus Knights
+3 to Charge rolls for any Knight unit within 10" of their Scar Veteran
Deal an extra Mortal Wound for any wound roll of 6+ on any celestite weapon used in the combat phase following a charge; this rule is cumulative with the lance rule
Shadowstrike Starhost

Rename of Skink Patrol battalion
Now lets you choose between Starpriest or Skink Priest
Thunderquake Starhost

Engine of the Gods or Troglodon
Two units from the following list: Stegadon, Bastiladon
(One unit of Kroxigors) or (One unit of Razordon/Salamander and one unit of handlers)
EoTG/Troglodon can either be swift (re-roll failed charge and hit rolls) or savage (re-roll failed wound and save rolls); units from this formation within 8" of EoTG/Troglodon also receive this effect
Each model from this formation heals a wound during the hero phase; increased to D3 wounds if model is within 10" of any Slann
Starbeast Constellation

1 Saurus Oldblood on foot or on Carnosaur
1 Skink Starseer
All 5 formations above
Bypass battleshock for all units
Oldblood can use command ability regardless of whether he is your general; any other hero from this formation can use their command ability as well if they are within 20" of him as well
>>
>>43541152
temple guard formation's ridiculous
eotg one's also okay

the rest are kind of shit
>>
>>43541375
The skink battalion still pwnz.

>>43541152
All battalion have no Slann? That is weird.
>>
aos is shit
shit setting
no rules
>>
File: Dingle.png (810 B, 24x24) Image search: [Google]
Dingle.png
810 B, 24x24
>>43541627

Here's your (you).
>>
>>43541110

It's pretty obvious they're going to split, probably High Elves with Tyrion and Teclis, Dark Elves with Malerion and Morathi, and Wood Elves with Araloth and his daughter.
>>
Will there eventually be a Tzeentch equivalent of Khorne Bloodbound? Trying to figure out if I should wait till they release something like that or build a WoC+DoC Tzeentch army along with what I am planning as a Thousand Sons + DoC Tzeentch army.

>>43541627
AoS is brand new and totally different from WHFB. Make determinations off only Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound as they have gotten complete support only so far.
>>
Just bought a bunch of dark elves for my birthday. I think I've made a terrible mistake.
>>
>>43542033
Yep. OTHER people are meant to buy you things on your birthday. Do try to get it right next year.
>>
>>43538500
I've seen much better models painted by Awaken Realms. These are horrible.
>>
>>43540326
The bad guys on the small scale
The good guys on the great scale
>>
File: 1371671073320.jpg (14 KB, 466x447) Image search: [Google]
1371671073320.jpg
14 KB, 466x447
>>43542076
>>
http://expirebox.com/download/a76076374ba665fb4b06576fab358853.html

Call of Archaon - Trial of the Chosen 48 hour upload
>>
>>43541375
What's wrong with the regular Saurus formation? It takes a good unit and makes it better!
>>
>>43544356
>saurus warriors
>good
Even the cavalry formation is better, not that anyone in their right mind would buy three units of the ugliest cold ones in existence.
>>
>>43542583
Why do the bad guys job on a small scale?
>>
>>43545132
Because jobbing the bad guys on a large scale would ruin the premise of grimdarkness of the setting and the image of the bad guys as serious threats (see how abbadon is seen, even if ironically by the fans, to the point they've got to retcon all his previous crusades into tactical victories).
Good guys can manage to go on with pyrrhic victories, small hopes and relatively very strong imagery of power on a small scale (like, you know, a space marine smashing heads and hacking bodies to bits, fighting in a sea of tyranids is totally a badass and awesome power fantasy itself, but on the great scale of things he's still going if not to die, to lose the battle)
>>
>>43546123
>Good guys can manage to go on with pyrrhic victories
>pyrrhic victories

Storm of Blades in a nutshell.

"Hurp durp Stormcasts can't die"

They seem to ACTUALLY die A LOT in the books for not being able to die, lol...
>>
>>43543775
Thanks man, how did you get it in a PDF format?
>>
>>43537148
lol wut the hell is that?
>>
File: SETTRA DOES NOT KNEEL.jpg (337 KB, 1000x1283) Image search: [Google]
SETTRA DOES NOT KNEEL.jpg
337 KB, 1000x1283
So where should i start with AoS?

I've always loved the looks of the tomb kings, and I love settra as a character. I'm very torn between them, the ogres, and the dwarfs. All of them appeal to me visually, but I'm just concerned about their playstyle. I'm an Ork player in 40k, and I'm wondering how different the play style of these guys will be from the army I'm already familiar with.

I'm not particularly interested in the horde style races, and I'm on a budget as well, so the less models I need the better.

Which of these would be the best for getting into the game with?
>>
>>43549596
If you wanna get into it NOW, your only true options at the moment are Stormcast Eternals or Khorne Bloodbound since AoS is very new at the moment and only those two have the level of support you are expecting for a faction to have.
>>
>>43549629
But every faction has its own compendium for units don't they? I mean they already have established rosters, and as this game grows more support will be added right? Besides it won't be the end of the world if i need to buy some trays and switch over to 8th ed, considering I already have friends that play that. I'm just interested in the mechanics of AoS
>>
File: warhammer-aos-tomb-kings-en.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-aos-tomb-kings-en.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43549596
>Which of these would be the best for getting into the game with?
If you don't want a horde, probably ogres. Dwarves are gunline city and don't have monsters to pad out wounds for cheap. Tomb Guard, the Necrosphinx and those snakemen/snakeknights are decent, new and durable, however. The sphinx has the benefit of coming with a prince on foot in the box as well.

Download the army rules, scope out miniatures on ebay or other online retailers for a bit of a discount and shoot for 60-80 wounds. Ignore chaff units like basic skeletons, riders and chariots. They are terrible in almost every case. Stick to elite infantry, multiwound models, characters and monsters.

spitballing a casual TK list at 60 wounds, I'd do something like;
>Tomb Prince (in the necrosphinx kit)
>Liche Priest
>20 Tomb Guard
>3 Sepulchral stalkers
>Necrosphinx

That'll still be like 200 bones before factoring in any discounts, but any starter army will probably hit at around that much.

AoS is meh as fuck depending on your local scene. Scope that out before buying anything
>>
So if I have a Lizardmen battalion box, skink priest and a Saurus Oldblood. What else should I gun for to flesh out my army?
>>
>>43549629
Yeah this is pretty blatantly fucking wrong.

Sure the lore has only covered little now, but as far as gameplay, the entire miniature range has free rules. People still play fucking bretonians and enjoy the game. Don't feel limited to just the races being covered currently.
>>
>>43550151
Are those basic units really useless? Are they just vestigial rules for flavor and stuff?
>>
>>43550600
Yes.
>>
>>43550664
And how exactly does magic work? Is there a big compendium of all the available spells? I notice in the liche priest profile that they know death magic.
>>
>>43550744
Read the PDF I linked. It lists what spells he knows. Certain units will also unlock more spells for wizards in the army.

Arcane bolt and mystic shield should be in the four pages of core rules on the GW site.
>>
>>43550847
Alright thanks a ton man. What about ogres? What am I looking at with them?
>>
>>43551044
No clue, dude. Most of their units (including basic bulls) are at least decent, and with four wound infantry you'll nee a hell of a lot less of them.

Beyond that I can't say much, since they've never interested me a whole lot.
>>
>>43551044
I've never faced them, but people are reporting that wound for wound they dominate because their attacks are all multi-wound attacks. I've seen wound-limit battle reports that come out pretty close though, so ymmv, but you will generally have a lower model count than your opponent (even against stormcast eternals), which that alone and provide some disadvantages against higher numbered opponents depending on the scenario you guys are playing.

speaking of which, don't judge this game on your first game. Your first game is likely to be a standard pitched battle, where you are learning the rules and the flow of gameplay. Pitch battle are generally pretty boring. Make sure your next games are mostly using the battleplans from the big books and such, those are where the game gets more fun.
>>
Hi
How many uniforms and heraldry books were there? Empire high elves and skaven only?
>>
how do you think GW would react (if at all) if Total Warhammer sells exceedingly well?
>>
>>43550600
>>43550664
Yes or no. Depend on your comp and battleplan. Objective hold like The Watchtower favor chaiff archer like skeleton archer ;p.
>>
>>43551784

How many Stormcast Eternal chambers are in Total Warhammer?
>>
>>43551784
Rejoice in the fact that they are making money off of it, then continue on with business as usual with AoS.

GW doesn't likely expect total war to change anything, nor do they plan to change anything regarding its success.
>>
>>43551922
I'm guessing it will be freelc?
>>
>>43551572

Yes

>>43551784

Happy for all the money they'll make off the royalties.
>>
>>43546598
Online Ebook to Pdf converter
>>
>>43550600
If you use one of the comps from the OP then basic troops become a lot more useful. I especially like the humble dwarf warrior who becomes immune to bravery rolls from his BSB, forms a shield wall and then becomes a brick wall of ablative wounds for your ranged and artillery units. And they are very cheap pointswise!
>>
>>43549596
what country are you in? the bigger markets tend to have an online store of choice for ~20% off, otherwise watch the secondhand markets.

>>43550151

sounds like you're leaning towards Tomb Kings, if you like the models then you can find a way to make them work for whatever Comp. you're playing. Play whatever you want to paint & get excited to field. Shop around.

>>43550310

The Battletome? Either a Skink or Slann Wizard? Your favorite monster? Ripperdactyls? Kroxigor? Whatever looks fun to you! That's the whole point!

There's no netlists for AoS, guys. Get the models you want, b/c Comp.'s like Clash, Wounds, then tourneys, & Battleplans weigh everything differently.
>>
>>43551784
Be happy.

Maybe allow FFG to keep making the RPG.

AoS is just a wet dream for their modellers though.
>>
>>43551345
As a dorf player who recently fielded an all slayer army, I find Multi wound stuff is usually handled well by alot of armies, it's just a clinch pick.
>>
>>43556874
>AoS is just a wet dream for their modellers though.
Designing all those dude with armor sure looks like fun
>>
Would a 'War-Statuary' Tomb King army be alright?

Necrotects, Tomb Scorpions, Ushabti (both melee and ranged), etc
>>
>>43558799
If it looks fun to you, then yes. Don't worry about power levels my man, this is just a game.
>>
>>43558818
I've always liked ushabti, you see, but I've never used them in 8th because they just weren't very good.
>>
File: ushabti.png (337 KB, 1193x659) Image search: [Google]
ushabti.png
337 KB, 1193x659
>>43558910
Well lets take a quick look at the stats.

They have 4 wounds a piece, and on top of that their saves are higher against chip damage from ranged weapons. It seems like they'd be better ogres, or at least their equal. The rend on their weapons is very nice too, not to mention the summoning capability. I've never seen them fielded (there are no TK players in my store) but on paper they seem decent.

Why don't you proxy all the models first if you don't have them already just as a test? Remember that fun>viability.
>>
>>43559023
I've got some ogres lying around I could use as stand-ins, leadbelchers for great bows ironguts for great weapons, to see how it goes.

Thanks anon!
>>
>>43552874
>sega
>creative assembly
>freelc

HAAHHAHAHAHAHA

THEY'RE GOING TO SELL YOU CHAOS WARRIORS AS DLC IN TWW (or WTW if you prefer)

AND THEN IN THE SEQUEL, THEY'LL DO IT AGAIN.
>>
File: MorathisPersonalGuard.png (646 KB, 1280x872) Image search: [Google]
MorathisPersonalGuard.png
646 KB, 1280x872
>>43519490
They just can't win. Either they bring back old characters and the fans go "Why won't anyone stay dead?!" or they don't and the fans go "Why should we give a shit about this character?"

Also, how do these look for a pair of SDK lists? I'm likely to face off against either Dwarves or Chaos (A mix of Bloodbound, Daemons and Warriors)

+ 1834/1850 Stormcast +
Heroes:
Lord Celestant on Dracoth (186)
Knight Venator (165)
Teclis (116)
Lord Relictor (118)

Units:
5 Decimators w/ Starsoul Mace (219)
5 Judicators w/ Bows + Shockbow (155)
10 Liberators w/ Warhammer + Shield (230)
10 Liberators w/ Warhammer + Shield (230)
5 Prosecutors (175)
5 Retributors (240)

And the other list:

+ 2000/2000 High Elves +

Heroes:
Teclis (116)
High Elf Prince on Purebred w/ Shield + Lance (113)

Units:
20 Archers (240)
10 Phoenix Guard (220)
9 Swordmasters (189)
9 Swordmasters (189)
5 Dragon Princes (175)
5 Reavers (155)
5 Reavers (155)

Monsters:
Frostheart Phoenix (222)

War Machines:
Bolt Thrower (113)
Bolt Thrower (113)
>>
>>43518655
pandering to 40k fans because they spend money on the patreon
>>
File: Wargaming.png (1 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Wargaming.png
1 MB, 1200x675
>>43518655
Honestly? Not a lot of people come in to play it. They hate having purely in-house affairs, because that can be bland real fast, so they rely on visitors to get their games in. Nobody wants to come in to play Age of Sigmar, so they don't have many Age of Sigmar vids.

I've talked to them about it, and if I had money for travelling, I'd go up there and help fix it. As it is, I'm sort of thinking of saving up anyway.
>>
>>43560251
Freelc has been announced though, we're getting an entire Warhammer army for free.
>>
>>43561106
probably bretonians since they're just the empire peasants and knights, minimal modelling and texture work from sega
>>
>>43561915
Yeah they're my main hope, I'm also kind of hopeing that we'll get Bretonnians shortly after release and that the FreeLC will be someone inconsequential like Beastmen or Night Goblins or something.
>>
I really really want to get into game but i have no idea what the hell i want to play.

Tomb kings: we dont suck anymore
Dark elves: great models but dont want to play witch cult
Stormcast: freaken paladins
Vc: cause nagash and spooks mcgee
>>
>>43562846
Witch Cult is the weaker path of deldar

Strong path is executioners
>>
>>43562926
Exactly. Dreadlord
Warrior blocks
Excusioners
Cold one knights
>>
>>43562846
Stormcasts are the safest bet for sure.
I sure ain't upgrading my army until things settle down.
>>43562926
Literally what. Did you read the Cauldron and Hellebron rules? A single WE can hit harder than four executioners if properly buffed, plus dat +5 save. Executioners are also Har Ganeth-core anyway.
>>
>>43562846
well see whats played in your local meta. try to do a grand alliance that is not played there

the grand alliances are order, chaos, death, and destruction. see what's played the least of and pick a faction within. this is great for when you guys decide to do narrative leagues or campaigns, because it sucks if there are too many players doing order, or whatever
>>
>>43563011
60 bucks is still 60 bucks lol
>>
>>43563011
>I sure ain't upgrading my army until things settle down.
When the hell are you expecting things to settle down? Like, how much longer?
>>
>>43563057
Death and destruction have no one.
Its 4 stormcast
2 duradin
1 khorne
1 nurgle
>>
>>43563083
that answers your question. pay tomb kings or vampire counts
>>
>>43563119
>>pay
Yes with my bones
>>
File: Capture.png (658 KB, 535x389) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
658 KB, 535x389
>>43563072
1 unit release that doesn't look too radically different + 1 campaign, some more pictures of rebased 'heavy metal armies in White Dwarf, I dunno. Those "aelf" tags and End Times models don't make me feel safe. Neither does this (even if they just playin).
I doubt they're going to scrap whole armies, but they may change the theme too much.
Quoting their latest annual report:
>Secondly, I will review our product range.We believe this is long overdue:it is time for a resetting of the ranges. Not tweaking here and there but a top down reassessment
>>
>>43563408
That's a nice scheme.
>>
>>43563408
Is it fair to assume armies we have seen pics of in wd and visions won't be changing? Surely they wouldn't publish or encourage staff doing armies and units that will be overhauled in the near future?

Following this logic, Ogres, TK, VC and Dark Elves are all safe right?
>>
File: Harbingers[1].jpg (290 KB, 887x896) Image search: [Google]
Harbingers[1].jpg
290 KB, 887x896
>>43563811
>VC
it wouldn't be crazy to assume they'll be getting a lot spookier
>>
>>43564032
>spookier
That's not spookier. That looks like from a He-Man cartoon.
>>
>>43564032
Not exactly what I would call spooky. Hell, most of the End times stuff and ALL of the AoS stuff just seems over the top and kinda corny. I mean, I understand that WHFB was never super-serious to begin with, and I wouldn't want it to be. BUT this just feels like, I dunno, almost like World of War craft or something, just over designed and cartoony. Quality sculpts? Perhaps. But they just lack style
>>
>>43564475
Or a thing straight out of WoW
>>
>>43564539
I enjoy the new aestethic. And Warhammer+ Warhammer 40k has always been silly. It went from more silly to less silly over time but the original game had a lot of slapstick
>>
File: Fonz seal of approval.png (279 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Fonz seal of approval.png
279 KB, 480x480
>>43541152
Cheers man, was wondering how to start my Seraphon/Lizardmen collection in earnest. Muchos gracias!
>>
Daily check: Battletome Seraphon anywhere? :)
>>
>>43565322

Why don't you go order the limited edition book and help support Age of Sigmar™ you egg sucking dog
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x298
Models when
>>
>>43549596
I might used your orks as proxy for orruks

Right now tomb kings themselves might not be a real faction but they might be brought back as something else
Like the kings now have there golden bodies that were promised to them and all metal theme
>>
File: n7.480x480-75+(1)[1].jpg (72 KB, 480x351) Image search: [Google]
n7.480x480-75+(1)[1].jpg
72 KB, 480x351
>>43565971
Something like this perhaps?
>>
>>43566058
No matter what they do everyone's going to make the comparison, so why not?
>>
>>43566072
Parallels with 40k factions have always been there, Tom Kings probably influenced Necrons a lot (or maybe it's just the common egypt theme), nothing wrong with that. I just wish hordes of skeletons don't stop being a thing, they're a staple. VCs have so many different units that pure Jason and the Argonauts skellies are a bit diluted.
>>
>>43566305
>Parallels with 40k factions have always been there, Tom Kings probably influenced Necrons a lot (or maybe it's just the common egypt theme), nothing wrong with that.
Original Chapter Approved army list and models of that era had the lord with the headdress and the scrabs. The 3rd edition codex and revival really toned that down and went with a terminator look instead. Sure the scrabs were still there and the monolith looked vaguely pyramid shaped but nothing there I'd say that tied them closely to any kind of egyptian flavor.
The next iteration just made them flat out Tomb Kings in space. Which felt like total creative bankruptcy to me desu.

Though on the topic of changing armies: I know that GW only wants artwork with actual models in them. One of the newer pieces was Chaos against undead. So if you have a peek at those dudes you should have a good idea at what gw has planned for undead in the future.
>>
>>43513350
Because you'd only waste the money on more comets. You have enough comets, Sigmar. You have all the comets you could ever need.
>>
>>43563408
These new elf models? Love the flamboyant witch in the middle.
>>
>>43567002
She's the death hag from the blood cauldron
>>
>>43546123
What's the worst that could happen if just once the bad guys job on a big scale?
>>
File: Abaddon Armless Wonder.jpg (256 KB, 1434x1662) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon Armless Wonder.jpg
256 KB, 1434x1662
>>43567242
>What's the worst that could happen if just once the bad guys job on a big scale?

Son let me tell you about something called the Black Crusades...
>>
>>43567242
Failbaddon and his lack of respect from the fanbase.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.