[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted - Guardian Beast Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
> What is this?
A year ago, I ran a short arc of this quest on tg, which petered out because my attempts to create a simplified dice-based version of Exalted's Charms for quest-usage overwhelmed me and killed my interest in the story. It was my first quest, and one I'm still fond of —I still get asked about it, and so I'm planning a return. This thread is just something I'm putting up here in order to gauge interest/answer questions/get called a faggot for.

The archives of the previous quest are here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Guardian%20Beast%20Quest

> tl;dr
MC is a serpent-totem Lunar who's spent the past gods-know-how-many-years in a state of feral rage. He's only recently been recalled to sapience by encountering the reincarnation of his long-dead Solar mate: an Abyssal named Ashen-Tome Scholar, who's on the run from something. He resumes his role as her protector as he tries to uncover the mystery of his missing memories and what exactly *happened* between them during the First Age.

Also, he just might be an out-of-control monster, but that's hardly unusual for Lunars.

> still tl;dr:
MC = surprisingly urbane feral barbarian beast-man god-monster
Mate = qt3.14 Abyssal NEEEERD
Au pair = beautiful, untrustworthy cocktease Fair Folk noble

They fight [s]crime[/s] EVERYBODY
>>
>>43512088
So, interested? Questions? Am I a faggot?
>>
>>43512088
Interest.
>>
>>43512095
very much interested, was there when it first ran and would like to see it again as long as it doesn't go full crunch as I've never played Exalted before, prefer the story side of things
>>
>>43512363
That's great to hear. I was worried that we'd hit Page 10 without a peep!

Is there anything in the recently-released 3rd Edition I should be looking at, you think? Any sort improvements to the setting/splats that people would want included?
>>
>>43512431
Yeah, the crunch sort of killed me the first time I was trying it. I'm still trying to find a happy medium between full narrativism and something sufficiently crunchy that players have something to interact with re: system and character development.

Or should I junk crunch entirely, do you think?
>>
>>43512437
>>43512459
I don't think most things Exalted translate well to the quest format in regards to crunch at least
>>
>>43512477
Yeah. I was originally planning to use a variant of the Lady Blackbird system (the awfully-named Lady Raiton, with crunch details here: http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Lady_Raiton), but even that might be way too crunchy for a quest format.

I might just do a simple d20 with Essence expenditure for bonuses or the chance to circumvent dice rolls with Essence.

Do you think people would be amenable to doing it over at Akun, or does Akun get a lot of hate here?
>>
>>43512088
OH SHIT.

THIS IS BACK.
>>
>>43512591
Not just yet, but soon, sweet Sidereal.
>>
File: file.png (645 KB, 649x800) Image search: [Google]
file.png
645 KB, 649x800
>>43512597
>sweet Sidereal.
Sorry Delacroix, but you won't be running this quest any more.
>>
>>43512459
nah don't junk it entirely, some crunch to help with combat and mechanical character progression can help, though too much and yeah it gets bleh, I kind of like how EF does Exalted Quest, though I don't get involved in the crunch side there

personally I think the crunch should be a guide, to help you run the numbers side of things, and not be a dead set "this is what you must do" thing, a tool, not a crux
>>
>>43512550
>Do you think people would be amenable to doing it over at Akun, or does Akun get a lot of hate here?
Eh can be good can be bad, depends on what crowd you attract, you'll thoroughly want to keep the smut crowd away on akun, they destroy quests like nothing else, but otherwise, it would be fine in either place though the scheduleing there would be easier for some to make it without having to find time to sit down for threads.
>>
>>43512686
>they destroy quests like nothing else
And yet there's a huge amount of active smut quests? More active than non-smut ones? What?
>>
>>43512645
I can't take that pic seriously after having seen this one.

>>43512653
> a tool, not a crutch
My sentiments exactly.

>>43512686
> smut crowd
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm already doing a smutquest on there, and one's enough for me. I might have time over the next couple months to sit down for quest-threads, though, and I do miss tg.

>>43512703
Presumaby he means 'derail'. Not that it doesn't happen here —waifufaggotry is pretty much smutfaggotry with an NC-16 filter.
>>
>>43512088
hey man, welcome back. Missed this quest. Next thread when? Got a twitter?
>>
>>43512703
Most quests that would be NSFW in nature that may potentially feature romance and a sex scene or two make the mistake of putting the smut tag on, which immediately derails the quest down the fetish rabbit hole.
>>
>>43512720
>I'm already doing a smutquest on there
What? Where/
>>
>>43512733
>which immediately derails the quest down the fetish rabbit hole.
No it doesn't. The GM has to be an absolute retard who doesn't know how to GM to suddenly let control of his quest go down the toilet like that.
>>
>>43512728
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Probably Monday morning, Hong Kong time. I, er, I'm not sure what that is for you guys. Two days from now at a couple hours earlier than this?

Twitter is @DelacroixQM

>>43512734
Rise of the Tomb-King (http://anonkun.com/stories/rise-of-the-tomb-king/A6F9TDB74NoycFhTX/lore/yK9jwkqbeYbGsip22). aka "Shouta Gilgamesh revives desert kingdom while fucking kemonomimi".

Although we've kinda moved past the 'shouta' part.

>>43512747
I'm trying to control the smut factor by having non-interactive smut scenes that I write as omake separate from the actual plot. So far it's been working out well.
>>
>>43512747
Yeah, and it happens an astounding amount of times.
>>
>>43512821
Er, don't quote me on this, but I've found a lot of Akun QMs come off as being a lot... younger than the ones on tg. Less mature content, much less sophistication and finesse in the prose. Like... high school kids instead of adults.

So it's not surprising that things kind of get out of control.
>>
>>43512880
Yeah, seems that way to me, those who QM there from /tg/ tend to run a much tighter ship
>>
>>43512946
Moderation here is random while akun has freedom of content as its goal.
>>
>>43512946
>>43512969
It's not just the moderation; I think the tg crowd is just generally tougher and harder to please.

I'd like to think it's because we're more discerning. /monocle
>>
>>43512088
Care to remind us of what exactly happened and were doing when it died?
>>
>>43512990
You also have hard limits while running here. Schteel runs his Akun quests like he's here, and it works great. The main difference for his is better separation of the story, polling, and discussion.
>>
>>43513342
Rescued Ashe (our mate) from a DB Wild Hunt, rescued a small village from being terrorised by beastmen (and they subsequently adopted our worship); we allied ourselve with a Fae knight, killed a monstrous, mutated river dragon (and stole its form), and then Ashe built a boat in a day with her bare hands.

We're now sailing North-to-South, towards the White Sea, Gethamane, and Nexus, with Sijan as Ashe's final destination.

We're not quite sure why.

>>43513374
> Schteel
is a different breed of QM, I think. I really should look at some of his quests; what exactly do you mean by "like he's here"? Is there a particular /tg/ style of running quests (besides, you know, better English and less random smut)?
>>
>>43513880
Keeping up a certain pace of writing and options timing, running in distinct blocks like if the thread is gone when done, etc. One of the biggest flaws in Akun quests most of the time is that it's lazy as hell, one week's updates might be a single voted result here.
>>
>>43513950
Ah. Yeah, I noticed that using the Live sessions well helps a lot. I tried running another quest, the Vicar of Lichfield, via regular but non-live updates, and that moved slow as molasses.

I might try returning GBQ to /tg/, if only because I miss the activity here :)
>>
>>43514034
I was asleep when you made this thread, so I'm saging since this hasn't been active for a while, but I'm the guy who bothered you about it on Akun and I'd like to restate my interest in a revival of this, even if the times you run it might not be the best for me depending on when you have time for it.
>>
>>43516804
It's great having a fan :)
>>
>>43512095
I'm interested. You're a faggot too. This is 4chan after all. We're all fags here.
>>
>>43512459

If you're confident in writing you could go full fluff, but I'd say some crunch is good. EF has a good balance, but if you have trouble with that I'd say go FATE Core or something.

Hell, easier than what I'm planning to do with full crunch.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.