[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1271822536385.jpg (97 KB, 640x903) Image search: [Google]
1271822536385.jpg
97 KB, 640x903
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Arms and Armour. Were there any favorite weapons you had in past games/now? What made them symbolic to your character?
>>
>>43506617
Personally, I think it should have it at base, but fair enough. x3 for unarmed is probably too strong, but...eh. Alchemicals always had that weird line where some stuff was directly solar comparable, if slightly more pricey, and whatnot.

And...it's been a rather shitty week for a lot of reasons. So yes, I went into that needlessly antagonistic and angry at....well, nothing, really, so my apologies on that.
>>
>>43506915

I noticed it too believe me, but 3x threshold was far too potent for 3e, and I wanted some progression sense, so I basically made it an add on.

And yes, Alchemicals tended to be a bit more potent than other Celestials (At least comparing to errata sidereals, I don't count Lunars as they're fucked) but a tiny bit under Solars in nearly everything.

And don't worry about it man. We all have shitty times.
>>
File: 1444984081947.jpg (2 MB, 6905x3060) Image search: [Google]
1444984081947.jpg
2 MB, 6905x3060
A Moonsilver-woven (woven Moonsilver?) overcoat with Orichalcum embroidery she made for her hubby who ended up dead before she finished it so she wears it instead.
>>
>>43507016
Oh, while I'm thinking about it.

Transcendet Multimodal Artifact Matrix flat out doesn't work. There are no Art 1's anymore, which is frankly something I don't agree with as a design choice, but Devs gunna devs.

The charm's an E1, but you can only form an artifact of your essence or lower. No Art 1's means...

Simple patch might be making it 2 or your Essence, whichever is higher. Doesn't feel right making it purely E2 charm.

Also, is Auxiliary Essence Storage Unit really...well, worth it? There's not all that many scene longs anymore. And the big ones you'd expect indifferent on, the Perception charms, explicitly have that cut off.

3e has mote expanders being a big deal, but...if anyone was gunna get'm, I'd think they fit Alchies best. Maybe expand what they can be used on at base, like allowing artifact attument, or module expansion? It was a big part of how they just worked in 2e, given their Personal pools are almost totally tied up in charms and all. I don't especially see that changing, but maybe you saw something I didn't.
>>
>>43507295
Of course because she's a Night and horrible at everything (think Tex from RvB; designed to fail at the cusp of success) it's total shit and because of the loss hubby imprinting on it or something it's even worse than usual when defending against those she has positive intimacy for.
>>
Wow /exg/ been dead last few threads
>>
Anyone have a link to that Infernal errata that Vance made for the boards? I need it when reading over Infernal charms.

>>43507319

Noted, I'm making edits to artifact Matrix right now.

"The Alchemical may install artifacts rated at 2 at first, but until her essence increases the artifact’s rating may not be higher than the Alchemical’s Essence rating (EX: Artifact 3 means needing essence 3). Artifact weapons or armour at Artifact 3 may be installed immediately as well."

"Lastly such artifact weapons and armour installed do not gain any attunement bonuses, but may have custom charms building off of them akin to evocations, but are treated as Alchemical charms for all intents and purposes, including charm slots."

Probably may make attunement bonuses still work.

As for ESU, I thought it seemed fair. Attunements eat up a fair bit, and the charm allows you to basically use the spare tank to shift commitments to the spare tank. The allows you to have the potential to get the motes back, but is very difficult in practice.

Motepool expanding charms which flat out gave more motes I wanted to avoid. They made the solar motepool charm tied to all abilities as people didn't want their Conan Solar to be a bookworm to get more motes. I just see it as an uninteresting "Get this or you're stupid" upgrade. Literally all the Alchemical PC's I ever had starting buying ESU once they had the XP, every one.

Shifting attunement to it is something I've been considering, but Resonance Harmonizer is still in there which can potentially knock -5m off all artifacts. My fear is however ESU would become a "Buy this now or you're an idiot" charm.
>>
>>43507759
It's a bit of a struggle, but there tend to be a few charms that are pretty much "Get this, dummy". It's preferable to avoid, but not always possible if you want the thing to work properly.

It was easy for a reason in the old version, the only splat that didn't have it tied to some weird way to regain it via leadership or protecting stuff and junk.

Like I said, I can see where you're coming from, but with most being tied up in personal, Alchies seem to be the one splay where the just flat-out adds motes seems to be both in theme and semi-needed.

If there were more Indef/scene-longs, sure, maybe, but with how few there are...well, not really sure.
>>
>>43507892
Oh, also, it might be a good idea to reword this.

>Expanded Essence Reservoirs (Essence 3, 1 XP): This charm expands the Reservoirs of the
charm and may be purchased up to (Essence x2) times.

Module, not charm, and how much does it expand it BY?
>>
>>43508185

Derp, should expand it by 1m per purchase.

As for scenelongs, I consider them less essential that 2.Xe's "Throw up these or you are a nobody." However I do believe that scenelongs give powerful benefits. Especially MA, holy fuck Shining Point is insane.

I'll think about expanding at work. I made less charms need commitments so you can squeeze in more, and a motepool curse is something Alchemicals always had. I'm not saying everyone should suck the solar D, but I'm leery of giving something unless it's very themetic.

Personally I see ESU as a dead giveway for MA'ists. After Liquid Steel and form, Shining Point stylists have a strong mote regen if on single opponents.
>>
hrmn. if you're a person with a battlegroup can you use strategic combat against an individual?

i remember it being asked somewhere but i don't remember if the answer was an official one or just someone saying stuff. I've been searching but couldn't find it.
>>
>>43507759
>"The Alchemical may install artifacts rated at 2 at first, but until her essence increases the artifact’s rating may not be higher than the Alchemical’s Essence rating (EX: Artifact 3 means needing essence 3). Artifact weapons or armour at Artifact 3 may be installed immediately as well."
Just make it "3 or Essence, whichever is higher" like many Solar charms do in 3e.
>>
>>43505000
One way to do it is as a continuous bid. Contestants continue to trade Charm activations untile they are both satisfied and proceed with rolling. Kinda like
>I activate the Brawl Excellency, +4 dice
>Oh yeah? Then I activate the Dodge Excellency, +3 DV
>Then I activate Fists of Iron! And 2 more Excellency dice!
>Another +1 DV from the Dodge Excellency then
>Okay, fuck you, I'm done spending motes on this, let's roll
Which of course has obvious problems like turning each contested action into a 2 minutes bid war plagued by analysis paralysis as each contestant trie to outdo the other while committing as little resources as possible. Also it creates problems because not everyone could readily accept that you could repeatedly activate a Charm just to add more dice to a former activation for the same roll.
The other option: attacker goes first, then defender. This has the problem that it only applies in situations in which you have an attacker and defender, so we're back to square one for contested rolls (like a race). Also during combat it gives a significant statistical advantage to the defender, in that he can tailor his defenses after having analyzed every aspect of the attack. In 2e this was mitigated by the fact that attack-enhancing and damage-enhancing Charms had to be activated in different steps and you didn't need to spendfor damage before even checking if the attack hit; the same for DV- and soak-enhancers. Now that you have to activate everything before a roll an attacker could get stuck committing a lot of motes toboth accuracy and damage and get bent as the defender concentrates on simply making him miss.

It's a right mess, I tell you.
>>
Can you use naval combat against a siaka? The leaked version had bonuses for fighting battlegroups, but I have no fucking idea how a siaka actually fights a crew on a boat, and they seem like they're probably better at just wrecking the boat as a Strength action - I don't know how that works either, though.

All naval combat is basically Wits + Sail + Maneuverability. How many Sail charms do you even need? It seems like if you're not boosting that dicepool - which is both attack and defense - you're wasting your time.
>>
>>43509205
Oh, another possible solution: secret bid. Contestants write down in secret what they intend to activate then show it to each other and can't change it. This explicitly contraddicts the rules though.
Or repeated secret bid, in which after each secret bid you do consecutive rounds of secret bidding until both come up with "nothing".
>>
>>43508370
Sure, dead give away for MA users.

Not so much for people that don't use'm.
>>
Could a Raksha use Shaping to turn a guy into a girl or vice versa?
>>
Man. I hate how many ability dots we need and how many we have. I fucked up making my character with Socialize forgetting how important Presence was.
>>
>>43509698
Sure, but why stop there?
>>
Is it retarded to take more than one martial art, especially if they don't synergize?

I was thinking of taking Steel Devil and White Reaper, with Steel Devil being the main focus.
>>
>>43509929
>Is it retarded to take more than one martial art

https://youtu.be/-9HeShH8OBg?t=46
>>
I have a queston.

If the Usurpation by the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded is *WRONG* because the Solars are the rightful rulers of Creation due to it's metaphysical essence or whatever, then isn't the Unconquered Sun's rebellion against Theion even worse? I mean, if Theion is basically Kingship, rather than just some king, then saying he shouldn't rule is like saying that The Eternal Essential Metaphysical Circle From Which All Lesser Circles Are Patterned ought to be square. It's absurd.

So, if Theion is wronged, should redeeming him from imprisonment and madness be the true goal of all heroes, along with punishing the US and his coven of insurrectionists?
>>
>>43510051
Okay

I'm going to do it anyway so I don't have to split between MA and Melee to do what I want
>>
File: 1442821646043.png (54 KB, 121x246) Image search: [Google]
1442821646043.png
54 KB, 121x246
>>43510055
>>
>>43510055
It's not metaphysically wrong. A theme of the setting has always been that might makes right. The Exalts as a collective had the might to tell Theion he was wrong. The DB and Sidereals had the power to tell the Solars they were wrong. Sol saying "oh yeah uh and Solars are the rightful rulers" doesn't mean shit. It's just an excuse for gods that'd be lazy anyway to be lazy because "bleuuuugh not the right masters anymore."
>>
>>43510055
There is no metaphysical backing behind it. There is no clear ambiguity of the right or wrongness of it. 3rd edition removes the ambiguity and practically says solars had it coming to them.
>>
>>43510055
He was basically kingship until they took his other favorite soul and castrated him so he now represents the metaphysical concept of going in the time out box.
>>
>>43510055
Wrong premise: aside from some scarce unfortunate lines the Usurpation was never presented as WRONG, merely as a path that had been taken as opposite to another. And even if it was wrong it would not have been that because of the Solar's right to rule but because it severely diminished Creation and left it unprepared to face the Great Contagion and the subsequent Fair Folk invasion.
As for why Theion was deposed you have two versions there: the one where the gods are heroes who delivered humanity from their tyrannical masters and the one where they are assholes who wanted their turn at the Cosmic X-Box (which I think was not referred to even once in Ex3). Right? Wrong? It ended up being beneficial for humanity anyway.
Turns out that in the world of Exalted there's no black or white morality.
Anyway yeah, I suppose you could make a character who was more concerned with the right to ruling of a rage-crazed inside-out cosmic horror than the wellbeing of the whole of humanity. Why would he ever come to that conclusion and then act on it though is beyond me.
>>
>>43510055
Why stop there?

Isn't Theion's rebellion against Mardukth, Who Holds In Thrall equally unjust?

And isn't the grand treason of Cytherea in the creation of Time even worse?

Join Prince Balor today. Unmake all wrongs. Unmake all things.
>>
>>43509929
I really don't see what the problem would be. It's a pretty expensive way to specialize in two different fighting styles, but it could lead to some wonderful story moments.
>>
>>43510167
I'm playing a dawn, may as well go full fight man.
I figured White Reaper to deal with mobs and Steel Devil for when I need to 1v1 scrubs
>>
What evocations would an artifact Dildo get? What if it had a special history, like if it was used by Scarlet personally?
>>
>>43510164
Wait, what? Where can I read about those?
>>
>>43510184
I was thinking you might fight an opponent who knows you fight one style and moves to counter it, then you bust out your other style and pwn his ass. I love watching those kinds of moments, when some shit-eating bastard thinks he's got the hero figured out and then gets completely wrecked.
>>
>>43510190
Sounds like the kind of thing Fokuf would have commissioned, actually. Would you really want to evoke something that pansy had in his ass?
>>
>>43510276
That's another reason too.
>>
>>43510274
Ink Monkeys stuff I think.
Here http://thor.divnull.com/pub/exalted/ink-monkeys-ultimate-collection.pdf see if you can find it in here.
Mardukth ded by Exalted and is now a Neverborn by the way.
>>
>>43509929

One anon in a previous thread broke down the MA charm synergies for us.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43477034/#43488899
>>
>>43510334
I mean, that doesn't really help when then two styles I want have 0 synergy, I'm just taking them to use separately, depending on the situation
>>
>>43510055

It is one of my big problem playing a Paladinesc Solar in the game. I know I am always wrong, I can't truly get behind it. But at the same time I can't play a Infernal because they are also wrong. The only time I felt I was in the right was a Twilight I played where I actively tried to repair Theion and have him stick a giant boot up the UCS's ass. Never got far enough to actually do it but I loved that character the most.
>>
>>43510466
Have you tried not playing a paladinesc solar?
>>
>>43509255
i don't think you've read the Sail charms, anon. they are fucking RIDICULOUSLY good, you will never win a naval battle against Sail charms ever. ignore all the stupid "little bit faster" stuff and just pay attention to the combat stuff that starts opening up after E1. it's not a good Supernal because it caps out at E3, but all those charms are completely worth it.

ship-rolling juggernaut and ship-razing renewal are amazing capstones. charge a Wyld Hunt fleet, shock and board the admiral's ship, burn all your WP on murder, refresh all your WP on taking out the entire rest of the fleet with your one ship.
>>
>>43510577

>it's not a good Supernal

Isn't it the only thing Eclipses have as an exclusive ability?
>>
>>43510544

Yes? But my favorite archtype is the Paladin. Its what I always want to play and while I have done evil characters in various RPGs if I really want to enjoy myself I play a Paladin or a Knight to a powerful lord. It is just what makes me happiest.
>>
>>43510402
It's not a good idea, no, especially since they're hard-incompatible - you can't just stay unarmed and do both. Honestly this is the kind of situation you would normally stick Melee for. If you're going Supernal, go Melee, it's amazing, and you'll be great at everything.

White Reaper feels a little unnecessary to be honest - if you're fighting Solar-led battlegroups it won't save you and if you're not, not having it won't save them. I dunno. Has anyone used White Reaper extensively that could give better analysis? I feel like if you're good at Melee or Steel Devil you aren't really at a loss versus battlegroups.
>>
>>43510663
I'm going Supernal War.
>>
>>43510466
Paladins are supposed to follow the ideals of Law and Good beyond the call of any divinity.
Theion and his gang created humanity with the explicit purpose of being permanently terrified of the horrors of the world so they would forever pray to their creators for deliverance. They gave them as playthings and sacrifices to the other races of the world. They tortured the primordial human, the Clay Man, to deformity and insanity simply to see what made it tick - despite having created it.
Theion was a Chaotic Evil ruler. No paladin would want him reinstated. The UCS was much more of a Lawful Good ruler (so Lafwul in fact that he could only rebel by proxy).
Of course words like paladin or good or right and wrong have no place in Exalted, but you brought up paladins so I indulged you.

While we are at this, a question:
We know the gods created the Exalted because their geasa prevented them from open rebellion. We know they made Exaltations independent of their will so the Primordials could not order them to never Exalt a human anymore.
Why didn't Theion order the Sun to "Ok, when you see one of your golden assholes newly Exalted nuke them from the sky"?
>>
>>43510623

Well, your "Lord" is probably going to be the Circles Zenith, but you should just give him a few intimacies of protecting the weak, slaying demons, meting out justice, and revering the UCS.

>>43510663

White Reapers main failing is that it's very much a stand alone style; you can technically use it with bayonets attacked to firewands, but there's really no reason to. Really it's whole saving grace is that it's the only MA style compatible with Incomparable Body Arsenal.
>>
>>43510466
>Infernal
>wrong
>ever

A-anon.
>>
>>43510620
Yes, but who cares? Night Castes aren't gonna take Ride or Socialize Supernal, and both of those are great. Also, Larceny and Occult and Presence are great picks. Ephemeral Induction Technique lets you create custom Spirits with Eclipse-keyword Charms; it'll never replace your natives but it's nice to be able to pick up cool spirit-y abilities on the regular instead of having to hunt Creation for the God of Doing This One Thing That Interests You.

Exclusivity doesn't really matter.
>>
>>43510810
I personally think that Supernal should be picked from your caste/favored list. Not just caste.
>>
>>43510810
I'm actually playing a Night Caste whose Supernal is Socialize right now.
>>
>>43510620
yeah. but Bureaucracy and Socialize are potent as fuck and Eclipses can Supernal Presence, so it's unlikely anyone would want to Supernal Sail anyway.

Sail is fine of course, but ultimately it's just a location-specific travel enhancer. Besides, you can easily see another tree being added that deals with airships.

>>43510863
that would be pretty dumb. It would also go against the fervent desire to keep Dawns relevant by preventing everyone else from Supernaling combat abilities.

>>43510870
100% lying, 100% of the time. Or am I?
>>
>>43510702
>Paladins are supposed to follow
God and Charlemagne, in that order.
>>
>>43510897
Basically, he's a super social Solar who never flares so he looks like this super mundane asshole who just is pretty good at his job.
>>
>>43510702
>Why didn't Theion order the Sun
Because
>>
>>43510911
BRUCE WAYNE
>>
>>43510702

>Paladins are supposed to follow the ideals of Law and Good beyond the call of any divinity.

The ideas of Law and Good are tied directly to the Primordials. They made the gods so they know what Law and Good are. Otherwise the gods would not have that concept. And Theion was the King.

>Theion and his gang created humanity with the explicit purpose of being permanently terrified of the horrors of the world so they would forever pray to their creators for deliverance. They gave them as playthings and sacrifices to the other races of the world. They tortured the primordial human, the Clay Man, to deformity and insanity simply to see what made it tick - despite having created it.

This is like saying we create a cow to eat. The cow itself can be killed by a whole slew of animals in our world. We need the cow to eat so we pen and take care of it. Some humans are sick though and torture the cows. I don't recall any of the lore saying Theion actually did anything to terrify the mortals directly. Kimbery was a bitch and a few others. But I think we are giving a bit too much credit to humans. They are more like ants to the Primordials and we let kids use a magnifying glass to kill ants without making a huge deal. We may tell the kids to stop but its not a big deal to anybody. A Paladin is not going to smite a kid for killing ants. But he will probably take the magnifying glass away.

>Theion was a Chaotic Evil ruler. No paladin would want him reinstated. The UCS was much more of a Lawful Good ruler (so Lafwul in fact that he could only rebel by proxy).

>chaotic evil

He was the antithesis of chaos. He is what stands against Chaos. And again he is the least evil ruler Creation has had. The UCS is far more evil then Theion. He usurps the King and then proceeds to sit back and not watch the world burn. At least Theion was so far above humans it was harder to notice their suffering. The UCS seems to at least understand some of the human mindset.
>>
>>43510718

>Well, your "Lord" is probably going to be the Circles Zenith, but you should just give him a few intimacies of protecting the weak, slaying demons, meting out justice, and revering the UCS.

As I said I have done that (Lunar mate to a Zenith Princess) however out of character I know I am acting in the wrong and it bothers me. So it detracts from me getting really into the character.
>>
>>43510897

Yeah? What has Bureaucracy got? Also, what the main difference between Socialize and Presence besides the Persona charms? I haven't given an in depth look to all of the charmsets.
>>
>>43510897
Dawn's anima is pretty good now.
>>
>>43510897
>Sail is fine of course, but ultimately it's just a location-specific travel enhancer

It really is not. Sail's travel-enhance Charms are okay, but its combat Charms are AMAZING, and its first three Permanent passive Charms are pretty close to all being universally-applicable (third one needs you to have something definable as a "ship").

If you ever touch the naval combat system - and it's simple and clean, and the West is fun now - Sail Charms are deterministic of victory.
>>
>>43510946
>The UCS is far more evil then Theion.
I hope you got some good charms for sucking that much yozi dick, Akuma.
>>
>>43511118

>Akuma
>still existing

kek. Also you can't be an Akuma to Theion as he no longer exists.
>>
>>43511016
Socialize is "Guile: the Charmset" and "Read Intentions: the Charmset," and it does those jobs way better than Integrity does Resolve. Read Intentions is super useful because Intimacies are so important now.

The Persona Charms are too good, by the way. If you actually go balls-deep you can literally play a Solar Circle complete with Charms.

Bureaucracy has an utterly worthless "spend chunks of XP to get slightly better deals in the marketplace or something, it will never matter, take Resources 5 instead" introduction, but its actual dealing-with-organization Charms are nuts.

Probably too nuts. Bureau-Rectifying Method lacks some very important qualifiers about having official sanction to investigate an organization; as written, it makes you an honored member of literally anything that has a social hierarchy so long as you're investigating it for any reason.

But in general if you want to play with kingdoms it's great.
>>
>>43510946
Okay, but your "paladin" in this case would be an ant paladin and Theion the kid with the magnifying glass.
You can't reason with him because he's so big and convinced you have no inherent worth or right to be alive and you're just an ant. Taking his magnifying glass is a herculean task and he'll be back with another anyway. You either stick to your idea that he's right in making Hell of your world because he's bigger than you and he's got the glass or try your best to save your fellow ants from being burned alive by making sure he's in no shape to ever take up the glass again.

Anyway, back to Exalted, good and evil don't exist. The rebellion of the gods was necessary to allow humanity to live and prosper. The Usurpation was necessary again for that very same reason. The mindset of a guy who put the right to rule of Malfeas above the wellbeing of the entire human race would be really out of place in the setting, except as an extremely brainwashed Infernal.
>>
File: 1405128175505.jpg (215 KB, 864x581) Image search: [Google]
1405128175505.jpg
215 KB, 864x581
>>43511016
>What has Bureaucracy got?
It's got the "fuck your project" Charm, Foul Air of Argument Technique.

It can really wreck an enemy war effort.

All Bureaucracy Charms work on the organizational level with a couple of exceptions, but they're all all super effective.

Taboo-Inflicting Diatribe is, as it always was, crazy powerful in the hands of a clever player.

>>43511016
>what the main difference between Socialize and Presence besides the Persona charms
Socialize enhances Guile (your ability to lie), reading your opponents (i.e. learning their intimacies) and generally focuses on the finer details of social encounters. Plus it has a social counterattack against persuade, which is fucking primo. Its Personas are also really powerful.

Presence is basically sex appeal, magnetism, and uh...persuasion of the other variety. The charm trees. It's the "I charge the china shop" way to engage in social combat.

>>43511031
yeah, but people would still go "muh combat effectiveness"

>>43511117
Salty Dog Method is, in general, worth taking almost regardless of what your locale is. If it's water-related, not taking it is silly.

The attempts to make Sail and Ride valuable by adding more combat Charms is nice and all, but most naval encounters are going to begin or end with a boarding action, at which point you're just fighting normally. Sinking ships is fucking bush league. Any captain who does it with regularity is going to earn the enmity of other sailors. Bad juju.
>>
>>43511209

>Okay, but your "paladin" in this case would be an ant paladin and Theion the kid with the magnifying glass.

I know. I am fine with that. I care more about what is right then how well I fair in the whole situation.
>>
>>43511016
>Also, what the main difference between Socialize and Presence besides the Persona charms?

Socialize is formal social skills and courtly manner. Presence is raw booming force of personality with niceties not a consideration.
>>
>>43511193

Thanks, I'm making a Twilight and I had decided against Investigation and Medicine. Out of curiosity, do you've any recommendations on what one I should NOT take as a caste ability; Bureaucracy, Integrity, or Linguistics.
>>
>>43511252
Presence can also be used in a number of types of rolls. There are a lot of presence charms that combine with Socialize and performance.
>>
>>43511316
There are, but IIRC they usually tie into adding in some of your raw charisma (not always coinciding with your Charisma, mind, but often) to those situations.
>>
File: 1402867728622.jpg (159 KB, 1000x1593) Image search: [Google]
1402867728622.jpg
159 KB, 1000x1593
>>43511316
most of the Abilities have synergies. the one real exception is Craft.

A dedicated Face should have Presence AND Socialize, and also probably Bureaucracy and Integrity as well. If they want to make long-distance social attacks, they'd also need Linguistics.

It's not just "plow through encounters with presence an integrity, lolol" any more.

As has been said several times, social encounters are the most improved part of the game.
>>
btw actual backers, get your shit in fast because the errata collection ends november 11th
>>
>>43511488
They might be able to work with Linguistics at least a few of them are really nice.
>>
>>43511193
Yeah I've got a character who has a persona that is worth 165 XP more than my main character at chargen. I could just switch to my Persona at the very beginning of the game and be sitting on 20 more Charms than my party.

The only cost is picking up another Limit Trigger, no big deal, and the lost of your Supernal which is pretty harsh. But 20 more Charms is pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>43511856
>TFW I wanted to be a jack of all trades.
>Thought I couldn't do this
>Look at personal Charms.
> I literally become several jacks each with a different trade
I don't care if this is broken I really am glad about this.
>>
>>43512185

Is it broken, though? The lack of Supernal means that your circle-mates will probably always be better at their niche than you.
>>
>>43512357
Probably but it gives me multiple niches.
>>
>>43512357
Yeah, lack of Supernal hurts but as soon as you start going up in Essence you have so much more breadth. At chargen you can be sitting at 35 Charms as opposed to their 15. Sure they gotta be Essence 1 but that's 20 more magical tricks you can use that they don't have.
>>
>>43512516
And that just keeps getting bigger because any Charms you have in the real you, whenever you share Abilities with your Persona they get those Charm automatically too.
>>
>>43511218
At the latter bit, that is to be fair basically the universal mode of naval combat prior to the 19th century, with the exception of hyper-specialized ramming ships like the classical Trireme (though not the larger ships of the Hellenistic era). Why sink something when you could take it as a prize?
>>
>>43512544
Personally because there are so many charms too buy. It's possible to do a lot more than the rest of your party without overwriting the party. There are so many charms and so many things no one in the party would be able to do without them.
>>
>>43512646
I honestly do think how powerful Personas are has to be a bug because they are ridiculous. Really need to see if I can bring it to the Devs/Writers attention because hot damn.
>>
>>43511272
Integrity has a couple of nice things (the Charm that lets you convert initiative to Willpower) but it's mostly garbage. However, Integrity-the-ability is super-useful.

If you don't want to play kingdom-builder don't bother with Bureaucracy. Honestly you can probably skip a lot of its ideal uses with sorcerous workings anyway, like, yeah you can make an organization awesome, but there's no Creation-Ruling Mandate system and probably won't be until at least the Dragonblooded book if ever. Huge fuckup on their part IMHO, just needed simple rules like naval combat. Bureaucracy isn't worthless, but right now its best-cases all involve being OUTSIDE an organization that you want to fuck with. It's great for that, like if you need a Wyld Hunt to fuck off or some satrap has your dick hard or you want to undo the entire Lintha Family by next Calibration.

Drop Integrity if you're starting with it at 5 or if you don't need your Resolve maxed out. Otherwise drop Bureaucracy unless you specifically want it.
>>
>>43512689
Yeah there really should just be a hard cap on how many charms they can have. Broad skill-list changes? Fine. That's just small number bonuses changing that don't really come close to the power of charms.
>>
File: Night Caste.jpg (78 KB, 720x1441) Image search: [Google]
Night Caste.jpg
78 KB, 720x1441
>>43512865

Thanks for the input, anon. Despite all the shitposting in the last few threads, they've also given me the most help thanks to guys like you. Have some CharArt as thanks.
>>
>>43512689
Not completely. They do require experience to learn charms. So they won't be as strong as your main personality for a long while. There are also training charm costs.
>>
>>43512544
I'd say this is the tweak to make to fix the thing. Just make them not have all your shinies on top of the massive amount of shinies they get.
>>
>>43513093
I don't mean costs I mean time. Unless there's something that shortens it. Training more than just yourself will take forever.
>>
>>43513093
Out the gate your Persona is worth more XP than your main character.

With the upgrades and such you inherit your Attributes, Willpower, and Merits, which is a pretty significant part of your experience total. Just the Attributes alone are worth around 140 XP give or take 10 or so.

Then you get an odd assortment of Ability dots that can only be spent certain ways, however as long as you built pretty intelligently you can get 5 dots in 3 or 4 things netting around 70 more XP.

Then you get 75% of your main character's total XP value which you can use use to buy Charms. On top of this, your Persona inherits any Charms that your main character has that it qualifies for. Now a good chunk of your chargen Charms will be high Essence Socialize to get to the whole Persona muck a muck but any remaining you buy at Essence 1, as long you have buy dots in that Ability on your Persona you get those for free.

The character I currently have is around 480 XP, his Persona is worth 680 XP and has over 30 Charms, double what anyone else will be rocking at character creation.
>>
>>43513145
Your Persona was bought at character creation, most character are assumed to have been Exalted for half a year to a year so training times really don't impact your initial purchases, that's all backstory.

FURTHER purchases, yes it does make mention of that, but even your initial buy in is worth a ludicrous amount.
>>
>>43513489
Unless you use xp, actual xp, for CC you won't have access to any Charms or any new abilities out of the ones the charms give. It gives you abilities. It doesn't give you any free charms. Those take xp and you start at 0 in a normal campaign.

>>43513531
That still doesn't give you XP, there are no rules that give you access to CC dots for persona. Eventually, it'll definitely give you and edge but that much at start. They don't retroactively acquire xp and they don't get 2 xp per 3xp you normally get you purchase or repurchase the followup charm. It's a lot of investment.
>>
>>43513663
Oh thank goodness I was just retarded. I've been parsing the "total experience" as the experience value of your character as a whole because we've always built character using an XP process instead of dots and bonus points and what not so that number was always readily on hand.

I kept looking at it but I never could understand why something was so fucked up.

Thank you, sincerely, for showing me the error of my ways.
>>
So are there ny 3E MUSHs going on? I seem to remember one starting by using the leak, but I can't find anything about it.
>>
>>43513800
Well, I for one enjoyed listening in on this conversation. It got me to look at a charm suite I hadn't actually paid much attention to, and while I doubt I'll have much use for it myself, (in spite of everything, I still want to try crafting) it's a pretty cool set of powers.
>>
>>43509430

People who used ranged attacks and run out of ammo may find the extra ammo useful I suppose, as well as Alchemical scenelongs (Celerity Method) or indefinite (Armour effectively has 0 attunement with Aegis Integration + Resonator Pins)
>>
>>43513800
Don't get me wrong. Eventually when you get more experience it'll definitely be worth it and possibly give one or two personas,at least the charge in one assuming you were smart enough for the charge in one for 75% XP gain, more abilities than what you have for essentially 16 xp per use but it's not going to give you as much as you need for more people.

However, I'd have to say it's very useless if you don't supernal it. Unfortunately. Unless there's a charm down the line that treats every persona as retroactively gaining xp. It's going to be fairly worthless. Not quite worthless but there's no way you'll ever get full benefits.
>>
>>43515399
Well Ignore what I said I should really read charms I purchased better. They already do get experience, in fact it's better to wait on Draw the Curtain because you get more experience as time goes on.
>>
What sort of evocations would a Solar anima manifest?
>>
I need some help here, one of my players want to play as notGil. The problem is that I don't know about fate so I don't know if I can help him, how you guys make a Gil in exalted?
>>
Okay guys. I need to play Exalted. It has been too long. However, my default meat-space group is unavailable. Thus, I turn to you, the internet, to advise me. Where should I go to find a group? I will play or run the game. I just needs me some Exalted.
>>
>>43511245
But it's not right?
>>
I've just realised you can play 3e without a single combat ability and not die.

Noice
>>
>>43515949
Gil's iconic ability is pulling stuff out of nowhere. Swords, booze, more swords, jet chariot, the works. So aiming for melee or archery Elsewhere charms, depending on whether you want him to be using swords or bows primarily. (Exalted doesn't really do Gate of Babylon fire artifact-quality swords like howitzer bullets, but you could probably make something up around Ess 4-5)

He should also steer clear of evocations, since Gil's deal was possession of limitless unique and powerful treasures, but mastery of none. Nearly any other F/SN hero would be evocating all over the place, but not Gil.

He's also a psychotic douchebag, but that's really up to the player until he limit breaks.
>>
File: 1445628660280.jpg (548 KB, 528x1416) Image search: [Google]
1445628660280.jpg
548 KB, 528x1416
>>43515949
Zenith
>>
>>43516321
With favoured Brawl, of course. And Melee/Archery I guess?
>>
>>43516053

Game finders, roll20, sup/tg/ exalted room, or OPP forums.
>>
>>43510897
>that would be pretty dumb. It would also go against the fervent desire to keep Dawns relevant by preventing everyone else from Supernaling combat abilities.

I don't get why everyone's so precious about protecting the Dawn's niche. You don't see Eclipses sobbing into their soup because they don't have exclusive access to Supernal Socialize, Linguistics, Presence and Performance, and other castes are allowed to play social characters.

The issue in 2E was that Dawn's were actually sub-par warriors, because Twilight and Eclipse animas could actually do the job better. That's no longer the case in 3E.
>>
>>43516476
>I don't get why everyone's so precious about protecting the Dawn's niche
Because m-muh punchbag
>>
>>43515949
He must have a lunar mate that is not-enkidu. Being a trap is optional.
>>
>>43516053
>Where should I go to find a group?
>Exalted
>having groups
>>
How would you use Exalted to make Jeeves and Wooster? I'm thinking Jeeves is a Chosen of either Secrets or Serenity and Wooster is some God in Yu Shan, and he's right twit about it, people don't know what he's meant to be a god 'Of' but they know he's prolly important so they pray to him anyway.
>>
Hey guys, fucking retarded question but work with me here.

Am I reading the Eclipse caste correctly when it seems to read that they can only hijack charms of spirits? Does this mean no more DB charms? Can they jack arcanoi?
>>
>>43516737
They can learn specific charms that have the Eclipse keyword. So far that has only been added to Spirit charms.

As books are released and other charmsets are revealsed you will get your answer. Right now I wouldn't hold your breath, but they seem to have ratcheted up Solars being the best at everything between the leak and the release so maybe you'll be able to after all.
>>
>>43516747
>So far that has only been added to Spirit charms
Which requires being buttbuddies with the spirit
>>
>>43516769
Hence Occult, Presence and Socialize being caste abilities.
>>
File: 1445537506153.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1644) Image search: [Google]
1445537506153.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1644
Can an Eclipse'd oath be rescinded?
>>
>>43516747
Interesting. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on that, as I had planned an Eclipse caste who was a dynast and had a uh... unfortunate accident. The idea is that he ended up extorting his local family into keeping the secret (they live in a satrapy in the Threshold) and funding him until he could fuck off and make his own fortunes.

I haven't SEEN the persona charms that people are mentioning above, but it seems like the kind of shit that would allow you to live a double life, which would inadvertently be fucking awesome for a dynast trying to cover the fact that he's dirty fucking anathema. Learning DB charms would just be icing at that point.
>>
>>43516789
But why not Lore?
>>
>>43516791
Not unless the Unconquered Sun has an objection.
>>
>>43516791
Not under the anima rules. I've called it a Solar 2 working.
>>
>>43516808
Lore is academia, occult is like a social studies PhD focussing on spirits.
>>
>>43516791
>dat pic

what the fuck?
>>
>>43516834
>he hasn't heard of liartownusa/shittingtonuk
>>
File: 1444923299086.jpg (84 KB, 548x408) Image search: [Google]
1444923299086.jpg
84 KB, 548x408
>>43516809
Shit.
Got Eclipse'd by the group's into marrying the barbarian lord's Lunar daughteru who's full on yandere on the Twilight, and I've got a Water Aspect waifu waiting on us getting back from barbarianland.
>>
>>43516655
I should have specified; I am looking for online groups (or potential players, or whatever). Meat-space options are out.
>>
>>43516873
Timezone?
>>
>>43516862
If you're playing 2e, a Fiend oran E4 Eclipse can neutralise Eclipse oaths
>>
>>43516901
Nah, 3e as it should be.
Oh well.
I wonder if Vanishing From Mind's Eye works...
>>
>>43516879
US West Coast (UTC - 8)
>>
File: FUCK_a.png (43 KB, 249x230) Image search: [Google]
FUCK_a.png
43 KB, 249x230
>>43516932
>>
>>43516932
>>43516946
As in I'm GMT+2
>>
File: heh.png (1 MB, 600x7463) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
1 MB, 600x7463
This is basically like using another PCs Charisma in any other system, right?
>>
>>43516747

Just go Integrity, and the get the new charm from that that lets you learn charms from spirits by beating the crap out of them, and that isn't limited by the Eclipse keyword.

While you're there, as well as getting the Eclipse-anima-but-better, you can stop of for the Dawn-anima-but-better power, too.
>>
>>43517102
>Just go Integrity, and the get the new charm from that that lets you learn charms from spirits by beating the crap out of them, and that isn't limited by the Eclipse keyword.

Which charm is that? There's an eclipse one that lets you learn elipse charms, but this sounds way better
>>
>>43516862
Anon, what is polygamy.

Also, it's your own damn fault, learn to live with it.
>>
>>43517106

Divine Mantle
>>
File: 1432134300213.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1432134300213.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>43516980
Same here, and my IRL group are fucking flakes that can't even tell me they won't be coming.
>>
File: DRINK.png (258 KB, 307x396) Image search: [Google]
DRINK.png
258 KB, 307x396
>>43516769
Or y'know, make a bet with it.
>>
>>43517131
>However, the Exalt may only take Charms from spirits whose nature match one of her Defining Principles, and may only take one spirit Charm for every six Solar Ability Charms she knows which match both the spirit’s nature and the Defining Principle in question.

What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>43517164
If you really care about Gem, you can get Gem's City Father, for example.
>>
>>43517180
Ok. And this part

>Solar Ability Charms she knows which match both the spirit’s nature and the Defining Principle in question.

How do charms match your defining principle?
>>
>>43517189
I don't really know, but I assume if you want to protect a thing, you get combat charms that help you protect, if you want to motivate, you get presence charms, if you want the thing to prosper, you get bureaucracy charms to make it so, etc.
>>
>>43517189

Who knows? But that doesn't really matter, because there's an entirely different criteria for charms you get for beating spirits up - charms that relate to their "station".

And no, that's not defined either.

I hate the new integrity charms :P
>>
>>43517139
>>
File: ANGRY_ORB_NOISES.jpg (14 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
ANGRY_ORB_NOISES.jpg
14 KB, 310x310
>>43517139
>>43517297
What happened to my picture?
>>
File: DRINK2.png (434 KB, 889x218) Image search: [Google]
DRINK2.png
434 KB, 889x218
>>43517150
>>
File: 1445777822652.jpg (292 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445777822652.jpg
292 KB, 1049x1500
>>43517122
Please, if I suggested that to yandere-chan she'd gut me at the spot and water-waifu'd probably punch me then make me sleep on the couch for a year or two

>my fault
I'm wholly blaming the Eclipse for being a dick.
>>
>>43517374
It's your fault for being careless with your oaths
>>
>>43517374
So un-yandere the yandere. You're an Exalt, act like it and figure something out.

And it's totally your fault for accepting the oath.
>>
>>43517380
I thought the Eclipse was trying to shag the tribe's lead huntress at the time.

>>43517383
>So un-yandere the yandere
I'm not into that kind of stuff
>You're an Exalt, act like it and figure something out.
Run and hide like the fucking Night?
Damn straight I will.
>And it's totally your fault for accepting the oath.
Still blaming Eclipse.
Fuck that guy.

Maybe try and point the Lunar into the fact that if she gets the Twilight to help unfuck the situation she can go full Yandere on him and won't have to murder me in sleep?
>>
>>43517447
>I thought the Eclipse was trying to shag the tribe's lead huntress at the time.

And how did this lead to YOU agreeing to marry the chief's daughter instead?
>>
>>43517456
Sarcastic remark in hate-boner discussion.
>>
>>43517463
>being sarcastic while you knew there was an Eclipse nearby

Yeah, this is 100% your own fault
>>
File: 1445748721132.jpg (26 KB, 370x410) Image search: [Google]
1445748721132.jpg
26 KB, 370x410
>>43517475
But he said he was going to try and shag the huntress
>>
>>43517447
Was the marriage the usual 'til death do us part thing, with you swearing to help each other? You might break it if you fail to support her emotionally, physically and otherwise. And she might too.

Eclipse oaths are serious business.
>>
>>43517480
Gimme a transcript you fucking homo
>>
>>43517480
So what? Why wouldn't he? Why do you care?
See >>43517484
>>
>>43517463
>>43517475

Sarcastic remark does not mean the Eclipse can suddenly sanctify it as an oath. You have to hold hands and say it like you mean it.

That's more Verdant Emptiness Endowment from 2e Infernals.
>>
>>43517504
>You have to hold hands and say it like you mean it.

Not in 3e. they can sanctify your words as they pass though the air and they don't even need to flare their anima.
>>
>>43517519
You still have to mean it, it still has to be an actual oath.
>>
>>43517484
I don't bloody remember and I'm on a phone for the weekend
>>43517483
A promise to marry her in exchange for help on murderising and taking over a fortress-city.
Fairly sure and hopeful the kind of marriage is open ended, though he (tribe leader) probably intended for their tribe's marriage thing.
Next time Dawn and Zenith try and drag me to drink with anyone I'll proceed to sneak the fuck off instead.
>>
>>43517537
Says who? The new wording seems intentionally designed to be useable on people without consent or even their knowledge.
>>
>>43517544
Was it something like 'I'll bed the tribe's lead huntress' 'Yeah, and I'll marry the chief's daughter'?
>>
File: 1409744916501.jpg (16 KB, 162x273) Image search: [Google]
1409744916501.jpg
16 KB, 162x273
>>43517549
>the Eclipse sanctifis an oath
she has witnessed
>an oath
Sure, you can do it without them noticing, but it's still an oath.
>>43517544
Ahahaha you fucked up. Never promise what you don't want to deliver.
>>
>>43517576
You say you'll do something, that's an oath. That fact that you didn't mean it is your problem, not the Eclipses.
>>
>>43517576
>>43517585
Oaths have to be solemn.
>>
>>43517576
>the Eclipse sanctifies an oath she has witnessed
Eclipses can sanctify swearing?
>>
>>43517603
Of course
>>
>>43517623
What would you get?
>>
File: WON171.jpg (578 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
WON171.jpg
578 KB, 850x1133
>>43517585
No that's a resolution or a promise. Oaths usually include "I swear" or "I pledge" somewhere in there and are serious. Jokes are not oaths.
>>43517603
No. That's dumb.
>>
>>43517590
>Oaths have to be solemn.

They never had to be. In 2e you could clasp two people's hands together and force them to say the words at swordpoint and it was still a viable oath.
>>
>>43517632
>No. That's dumb.
>no fun allowed

Why is she purple? And why is the boat troll from Heavy Metal 2000 in the background in the second panel?
>>
>>43517641
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/
>>
File: 1445768563331.png (324 KB, 459x390) Image search: [Google]
1445768563331.png
324 KB, 459x390
>>43517648
TES/Exalted the Comic
>>
>>43517447
Find a Fiend and make them lift it for you.
>>
>>43517666
No Fiends in 3e.
>>
>>43517677
Psh. Handwavium, Inc.
>>
>>43511488
I love this picture. It is far subtler than the 7 foot tall naked abominations we usually see. I can imagine an outcaste DB like that.
>>
>>43517682
Not only are there no Infernals in the core book, the devs have confirmed that the 2e castes won't exist for them. There will never be a Fiend.

But yes, handwaving a really powerful spirit lifting the curse would work.
>>
File: thisisstupid.gif (40 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
thisisstupid.gif
40 KB, 650x650
Would you rather read of an Eclipse or Night that's turned into an archeologist?
in a HP/Nasuverse mashup with Dresden Files stuff smattered about of an abomination of a setting
I know it's pic related, and?
>>
>>43517648
The 36 lessons of Vivec practically ooze from everything.
Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>43517722
Night.
Drop the crossover (there are no good Exalted crossovers, except Green Sun Illuminates the Void) and it's cool. A multicross is even worse.
>>
>>43517732
Electric Princess Style
That one 40k/Exalted thing with the Guardsman exalting
That one Exalted/Worm thing by that ex-blizzard writer
>>
>>43517633
No, I mean that the definition of the word oath requires that it is solemn.
>>
File: 1442904334024.jpg (208 KB, 912x688) Image search: [Google]
1442904334024.jpg
208 KB, 912x688
>>43517732
>except Green Sun Illuminates the Void
Second part of the trilogy when
>>
>>43517753
>ex-blizzard writer
isn't he still with blizzard?
>>
>>43517648
What is it that this guy smokes when he comes up with the creature designs?
>>
>>43517753
>That one Exalted/Worm thing by that ex-blizzard writer

Decent, a little slow.

Didn't know the two others. Will try.
>>
>>43517776
I dunno, tvtropes said ex as far as I remember.
>>
>>43517753
>Electric Princess Style
Didn't that guy have that Exalted/NGE thing with Asuka as Infernal and NERV being an Exaltation research thing or something?
I liked it, pity it died in like 7 chapters or something.
>>
Mastery of the Thousandfold Arsenal
Cost: -; Mins: Melee 3, Essence 1; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Lawgivers are proficient with every weapon imaginable, using whatever is appropriate for the current situation.

This Charm permanently enhances weapon tags, granting the following benefits:
The Solar’s withering chopping attacks raises the raw damage of an attack by 5 and his decicive chopping attacks ignore 4 points of Hardness
The Solar’s withering piercing attacks ignore 7 points of soak.
Weapons with the shielding tag increase their parry bonus by one while used by the Solar
The Solar’s Smashing attacks may knock the target back one range band and knock them down, if the Solar wishes

At Essence 3+, this Charm upgrades, granting the following additional benefits as long as the Solar is using a weapon he has a speciality for:
The Solar’s Chopping, Piercing and Smashing attacks no longer lower Defence or cost Initiative as long as they hit.
The Solar gains 2 additional Initiative dice on Disarming gambits while using a weapon with the Disarming tag
The Solar may deal normal damage with Shield weapons and may ignore the flurry penalty to defence if flurrying a Full Defence action with a shield-tagged weapon

Yo tg, judge my homebrew. Idea is to make tags on weapons matter more.
>>
>>43517892
What about decisive piercing attacks?
>>
>>43517900
Decisive piercing attacks aren't a thing. You can only make withering piercing attacks.

I mean, I guess I could invent one.
>>
>>43508733
You can't. It has to be mass combat on both sides, see the strategic roll section.
>>
>>43508733
I asked that, the answer was yes since an individual is a size 0 battlegroup.
>>
>>43517931
That sure as shit won't be the official answer, based on how stratagems work.
>>
File: TESCripes.png (41 KB, 1038x669) Image search: [Google]
TESCripes.png
41 KB, 1038x669
>mfw I realise Exalted has Enantiamorph everywhere
>>
>>43517962
All but 1 of the published stratagems ae useless on individuals so it's ultimately pointless. However a lot of War charms let you use custom stratagems, so it will be useful there.
>>
>>43517699

We still have an iconic not!Slayer, though.
>>
>>43518049
I only see iconic breasts.
>>
>>43516932
I can play with you, whether as an ST or player. What kind of game are you looking for?
>>
>>43517978

It doesn't even matter about stratagems - War God Descendant, for instance, will only activate when you're making a strategy roll, despite the fact that they'd be extremely useful in a standard combat.

I really wish there were more War charms that were useful for battlegroups in straight-up fights, rather than strategic ones - the former come up a hell of a lot more than the latter.

Also, would be nice if less of the charms focused on rallying, given that the charm to permanently give your troops perfect morale is quite early on for a Supernal War.
>>
>>43518049
>Marquise Spinneret Mindfang
What are you doing here?
>>
>>43518164
Mindfang didn't wear see-through silks, nor was she quite as busty, but I can see the resemblance.
>>
>>43507759
http://pastebin.com/tYdq1dji
>>
>>43518273
Why use this errata instead of the official one?
>>
>>43518298
Less terribadwful
>>
>>43518307
Do you completely throw out the official one and replace it with this?
Why is it better, what was wrong with the official one? Who is Vance?
>>
>>43518319
>Who is Vance?
The man who killed your father
>>
>>43518333
No.
I AM your father.
>>
File: 1446005212538.png (307 KB, 648x450) Image search: [Google]
1446005212538.png
307 KB, 648x450
>>43518342
>>
>>43518357
>definately
>>
File: 1446402815342.gif (335 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1446402815342.gif
335 KB, 500x280
>>43518375
>>
>>43518378
Oh, I understand quite well.
>>
>>43518333
Seriously, though. Can some answer my questions?
>>
File: 1443080666657.jpg (85 KB, 379x249) Image search: [Google]
1443080666657.jpg
85 KB, 379x249
>>43518385
>>
>>43518400
Vance is the real name of TheDementedOne, one of the writers
>>
>>43516683
Well what do ya know, everyone here hates PG Woodhouse.
>>
>>43510702
>Why didn't Theion order the Sun to "Ok, when you see one of your golden assholes newly Exalted nuke them from the sky"?
Because he couldn't. In 2nd edition, the Incarnae had a geas that kept them from attacking their masters but nothing else.
>>
>>43516834
It's obviously an example of the Lore 'Fact Declaration' ability.
>>
>>43512562
Yep. Sinking a ship without good reason is the kind of shit a pirate does when they want to enhance their fearsome reputation. Everyone else simply captures it as a prize. They're valuable, after all. If you're playing a Sail-centric character, taking Boarding Actions as a Sail specialty is basically a must.
>>
>>43516476
>I don't get why everyone's so precious about protecting the Dawn's niche.
Hey, I'm not the one insisting it must be done. Just answering the question based on what the devs have said.

Of course, Holden and Morke are liars. So..
>>
>>43518706
>Of course, Holden and Morke are liars. So..
So what? So they have some other nefarious reason for making supernals caste-only and giving only Dawns combat caste abilities? Or maybe it's just that and some of their decision are based on desing choices some parts of the community disapprove of? Like the XP/BP split that's so worn out Holden himself said that he's sick of seeing it?

But nah, better spew shitty memes.
>>
>>43518883
>But nah, better spew shitty memes.
>inb4 'ok holden'
>>
>>43518883
Nigga's sick of seeing it because he gets so thoroughly castrated every time it comes up. He's never actually been able to defend it properly once.
>>
File: 1402209897861.jpg (189 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
1402209897861.jpg
189 KB, 675x900
>>43518883
>Like the XP/BP split that's so worn out Holden himself said that he's sick of seeing it?
>>43518921
>He's never actually been able to defend it properly once.

It's indefensible. He took the position because certain people he realizes are smarter than him said they'd much prefer a flat XP system like nWoD's.

Remember, Holden was making the greatest RPG of all time and it was going to change everything.

In a way, it did. Nobody believes him any more.
>>
>>43518921
What I'm saying is, Hold and Morke can be obnoxious, arrogant and just unpleasant to interact with but some people take hating on them way too far. They are not actively malicious for the game, just opinionated and somewhat entitled so when they make decisions that people don't like (again, XP/BP split) it's because it works for them and not because they are "liars". That's just a shitty meme that honestly bores me, because people say it like it's some kind of profound truth they have to share with people.
>>
>>43518973
>Remember, Holden was making the greatest RPG of all time and it was going to change everything.
Just look at this. Look at this shit. People honestly belive in this. Not in "Holden thinks that BP/XP is alright because it easies specialization" but in "Holden is a Reptilian Jew who signed pact with the devil to ruin Exalted forever".
>>
File: My_african_american_gentlemen.gif (1 MB, 245x127) Image search: [Google]
My_african_american_gentlemen.gif
1 MB, 245x127
>>43518676
>>
>>43510190
>What evocations would an artifact Dildo get?

+1 to orgasms. And one charm at Essence 3.

Questions beginning with 'what evocations...' are a lot more boring now, anon.
>>
>>43519020
ok holden
>>
>>43519059
>Questions beginning with 'what evocations...' are a lot more boring now, anon.
Why do you say that?
>>
>>43519020
>boohoo reality has revealed my hero as a fraud
Stop being such a pathetic fuck, anon.
>>
>>43519068
Some people are butthurt that Evos aren't 20+ self-contained Charm trees that grant them access to Solar powers from abilities they don't want to invent in anymore.
>>
>>43519084
Holden isn't my hero. I don't even consider him an especially talented writer or anything. They have made mistakes in this edition and that's undeniable. But some people are ridiculous and that's also beyond any dobut.
>>
File: 5wpm.gif (2 MB, 450x258) Image search: [Google]
5wpm.gif
2 MB, 450x258
>>43519106
>baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaackpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
>>
>>43519106
I don't think Holden and Morke are evil super-Jews out to fuck everyone.

I do think they are prone to making incredibly fucking stupid decisions based on stubbornness because someone on a forum somewhere called them a name. BP/XP split isn't in question of being bad. Holden isn't defending it because he thinks it's good, he's defending it because it's his hill to die on.

He seemed like a much more pleasant person pre-3E. Morke was always an asshole but Holden was like the Exalted PR guy, always diplomatic, always honest about where the system was fucked, never a harsh word even when someone was really being a bitch, wrote the raksha errata for free et cetera. Then 2E started ending, they presumably all started collaborating, suddenly he's got these rants posted on various forums and he's echoing Morke's vitriol and even freestyling some of his own, unapproachable, unmovable, BP/XP must remain.

I am like 90% positive he said prior to 2E's end that BP/XP was horrible, same as every single other person. I don't know he turned into such a bag of dicks, but he is now, it sucks, and like Morke he's making petty, irrational decisions about how he handles the fanbase. In this case embedding legacy garbage into a game just to say "fuck you" to trolls, and in the process everyone else.
>>
>>43519193
>I do think they are prone to making incredibly fucking stupid decisions based on stubbornness because someone on a forum somewhere called them a name.
kek

> Holden isn't defending it because he thinks it's good, he's defending it because it's his hill to die on.
molehill, maybe

>He seemed like a much more pleasant person pre-3E
I'm now convinced this was a Persona he wore to get the chance to write his own legendary rpg

>suddenly he's got these rants posted on various forums
True colors.

>I am like 90% positive he said prior to 2E's end that BP/XP was horrible, same as every single other person
100% positive he did. But as you noted, he now has to convince everyone it was 100% the correct decision. When it's still a trap. Also it's clear he has some trouble with math.
>>
>>43519261
>I'm now convinced this was a Persona he wore to get the chance to write his own legendary rpg

People aren't RPG villains. It's more likely that being one of hte main writers for Ex 3 got to his head.
>>
File: 1303713385693.jpg (102 KB, 640x615) Image search: [Google]
1303713385693.jpg
102 KB, 640x615
Can someone explain this xp/bp split to me?
>>
What kind of shaping rituals would one have when learned from a Neomah?
>>
>>43519315
>People aren't RPG villains
But Hamsters are.

Checkmate.
>>
>>43519341
The devs want some things to be cheaper/more expensive in chargen than in actual play. This results in effective xp differences between multiple fresh-outta-chargen characters.
Many dislike this.
>>
File: 1302397175750.jpg (355 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1302397175750.jpg
355 KB, 1000x667
>>43519397
Ahhh. I didn't realize there was name for that dumb shit.
>>
>>43519341
Characters out of chargen can be worth different amounts of XP depending how they spent their BP. That means there are more optimal ways of spending your BP and some people can be behind if they don't follow them. That also means that, generally speaking, maxing several traits and leaving others so you can raise them for cheap later is the best way. If everyone in your group optimizes or no one does it much then it's no that big of a problem.
>>
>>43510968
>however out of character I know I am acting in the wrong and it bothers me. So it detracts from me getting really into the character.

u dumb
>>
>>43519346
Sex, making babies, dancing
Extra benefits could be said baby making, bonuses to dance, transforming your body?
>>
>>43519645
Also get random/some physical characteristics of Neomah like brass fingernails or lose the hair or something?
>>
Supernal'd Occult can, if at Occult 5, learn Solar Circle Sorcery at Chargen?
>>
>>43519812
Supernal'd Occult can, if at Occult 5, explicitely NOT learn Solar Circle Sorcery at Chargen
>>
>>43519816
Cool, and Celestial?
>>
>>43519834
Please be joking
>>
>>43519840
Sure
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.