[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duel Masters General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
File: BombazarDragonofDestiny.jpg (26 KB, 222x307) Image search: [Google]
BombazarDragonofDestiny.jpg
26 KB, 222x307
Saw the old was gone, so I thought I'd make a new one.

Resources:

OCTGN (for playing and building decks):

http://www.octgn.net/Home/GetOctgn
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OCTGN
http://octgngames.com/installing-games/

Installation process is explained in the third link. There are two feeds for Duel Masters, TCG and OCG. We're starting by playing TCG but will likely move up to OCG once more anons participate.
>>
>>43503201
First for banning this sick filth
>>
>>43503768
I would be up for banning him as well.
>>
>>43503801
I mean, could we make our own ban list just for the TCG general?
>>
>>43503826
I would be down for that.
>>
>>43503861
I don't know how other people might take it.
>>
>>43503896
Guess we should wait to see if other people agree.
>>
>>43504171
Strawpoll
>>
Anyone down to play test in a bit?

I wont be on long but I can probably get a game in or two
>>
Bump, anyone down for a game?
>>
>>43509351
I would, but I haven't built a deck yet
>>
Is there anywhere to look at deck builds?
>>
>>43509463
Apparently the wiki, but I can't confirm.
Just make some shit yourself, no one really knows the meta.

>>43509421
Make one, I'm just trying a campy gimmick deck
>>
>>43509479
>>43509463
On the wiki, if you look up deck archetypes, it has a list of recommended cards.

Most of them are OCG, however.
>>
File: FunkyWizard.jpg (92 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
FunkyWizard.jpg
92 KB, 500x685
>>43503201

Thank you anon, I was neglectful in not putting up a fresh general.

Has Bombazar really been kicking ass lately? I didn't play today.
>>
>>43515356
No he's just gay in general.

It's regardless if people use him.
>>
A game's up if anyone wants to play.
>>
Everyone is on the TCG ? I Installed the OCG since the card pool is way larger, plus I thought we could just restrain ourselves to the first expansions to grasp the basics
>>
I just threw together a deck (not sure if it's any good), if anyone wants to play with me:
4 Angler Cluster
3 Candy Cluster
2 Candy Drop
2 Cosmic Nebula
2 Fort Megacluster
3 Kelp Candle
2 Marching Motherboard
4 Marine Flower
1 Scout Cluster
2 Siren Concerto
3 Sopian
4 Spiral Gate
3 Stained Glass
2 Submarine Project
2 Transmogrify
1 Warped Lunatron
>>
Wait is this the original game from like 2006 or a new incarnation?
>>
>>43517728
original game is still going in Japan, although it's English version died years ago, however people still translate the Japanese sets(they did release a newer English version called Kaijudo about 2 years ago, but to be frank compared to the original it's crap for multiple reasons, including it being intentionally incompatible with Duel Masters)
>>
bumpan for games
>>
File: Dmr13-vv1b.jpg (165 KB, 387x543) Image search: [Google]
Dmr13-vv1b.jpg
165 KB, 387x543
>>
>>43516608
fiiiight meeeee

That means host it
>>
>>43522365
Not that anon, but I'd be up for playing you if you want.
>>
>>43522601
give me a second to hop on, host it up
>>
>>43522601
Oh shit you're playing OCG?

I only have a tcg deck
>>
>>43522771
Well, I'm playing TCG, but suddenly a few games popped up. :\
>>
>>43522601
I am that anon, I've adjusted my deck a bit (splashed black, etc)

>>43522786
I'm new to OCTGN an the lobby seems empty.
Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>43522817
No idea. It seems there are a few peple playing the OCG right now, so...
>>
>>43522817
>>43522886
... I forgot to log in.
>>
>>43522988
Well, I'm in a game with another anon at the moment. I saw your game pop up, but you may be waiting a while. Sorry about that.
>>
>>43523032
Right, I'm done with that game now, if you're still around.

Bomb Blue too stronk
>>
ALRIGHT

Official ban list strawpoll, please vote if you plan on playing with us, it's more so important while we are playing the TCG version.

http://strawpoll.me/5947194
>>
>>43503201
Anywhere I can look up basic rules? I could use a third card game for when bored of YGO and MtG.
>>
>>43523714
The wiki, check it out.

We'll put it in the OP next time.
>>
Any tipps for my deck? This is what I was using in the GBA games a long time ago and it seems to work fine but it could probably been improved with the cards of the later sets.

>White
4 Holy Awe
>Green
4 Mana Nexus
4 Bronze-Arm Tribe
>Blue
4 Aqua Guard
4 Aqua Hulcus
4 Aqua Surfer
2 Crystal Paladin
2 Unicorn Fish
4 Emeral
4 Corile
4 Illusionary Merfolk
>>
>>43523849
Emeral and Uni Fish aren't really that good. I know Fish functions as a kind of removal, but at only 1000 power for 4, it's a bit of a letdown. You're probably better off just using Spiral Gates instead. The fact that you have no Spiral Gates baffles me, since it's basically an auto 4-of in any Water deck. Lancer is a hell of a lot better than Paladin and I assume Guard is only in there for easy evo fodder which means you don't really need 4 of them. Corile is better than Uni Fish at the very least, but only slightly. You could probably do with dropping that to a 2 of.

I'd also probably splash a bit mroe Light in the deck, maybe a few Magris for extra Hulcus effects and that'd let you use stuff like Glais Mejicula, which when paired with the amount of card draw your pushing, would make your shields nigh-untouchable.
>>
File: aquavehicle.jpg (37 KB, 320x443) Image search: [Google]
aquavehicle.jpg
37 KB, 320x443
Is there anything redeeming about this card?
>>
>>43526720
It's a cheap-ass Liquid person. Remember that unlike digital, you didn't have access to all the cards. So, this being common meant it was easy access evo fodder.
>>
>>43526769
Probably. I'm setting up a TCG on OCTGN atm if you want to play.
>>
>>43527040

Actually, I'm gonna take a walk. If anyone responds to this post while I'm gone, I'll set the game up again.
>>
>>43527165
I got deck for you gayboi get on
>>
>>43527805
It's set.
>>
Anyone up for some games?
>>
Check the lobby, anon.
>>
File: basedvorg.png (397 KB, 333x493) Image search: [Google]
basedvorg.png
397 KB, 333x493
Based Vorg, savior of my deck.
>>
>>43523533

i'd like to change my vote to banning Bomby btw, that shit is mega OP if you're not prepared.
>>
>>43530223
Suddenly voting no banlist seemed stupid, didn't it?
>>
>>43530223
I feel both sad and proud that it's likely I'm responsible for the whole Bombazar controversy.
>>
>>43530303

:'(

>>43530366

At least I beat your other deck. Narrowly.
>>
>>43530430
Bomb Blue is pure, refined Tier 0 bullshit, so don't feel bad. I've just been wrecking anons like crazy this past 2 days, because the deck has like no weaknesses and everyone else is playing little pet decks. I feel kinda dirty for playing it, but then I think if plebs don't want to play best deck, then they should expect to lose.

Seriously, though. We need a banlist. I mean I play Bombazar and even I want it banned. Winning this much just isn't fun.
>>
>>43530642
inb4 40 shield triggers
>>
>>43530909
Honestly, it gets fairly obvious when 40trigger.dek is being run and if that's the case you just skip town on killing with Bombazar and just use one of your other wincons instead.
>>
File: 36STs.png (875 KB, 1021x643) Image search: [Google]
36STs.png
875 KB, 1021x643
>>43530935
Probably, but I'm 2-0 against ecch1's Bomb Blue deck.
>>
>>43531480
Look at the gay shit though.

Bombazar is pretty much going to be in every deck unless we all agree to ban him
>>
>>43531622
Ecch1 here. You're welcome. Stay salty.
>>
File: 2-1.png (3 MB, 1920x1045) Image search: [Google]
2-1.png
3 MB, 1920x1045
>>43531622
I just lost the 3rd round against his Blue Bomb.
But it was almost close.
>>
>>43531480
And then I you went and bragged, so I had to wreck you. But naw, man, you've been a fun playing partner today. Hope to play you some more down the line too, if activity ever picks up.
>>
>>43532265
The power of Soderlight and Kelp Candle compels you!
Back! Fowl beast of the waters!
>>
>>43533694
Haha, my Revival Soldier laughs in the face of your Soderlight!
>>
File: MiraculousPlague.png (717 KB, 655x607) Image search: [Google]
MiraculousPlague.png
717 KB, 655x607
>>43533723
/hisses loudly
>>
>>43524866
Really, dude? Unicorn is much better than spiral gate here, the deck looks like a beatdown. And as for Lancer being better than Paladin...yeah sure say that when you're facing Petrova powered blocker swarms. Emeral is friggn' important for setting up that Awe or Surfer in shields.
Apparently you're under the impression that more power=better, eh?
>>
>>43523849

>>43534336
> Unicorn is much better than spiral gate here,
This is true exactly never.
Unicorn is way to expensive for what it does.
Spiral Gate is more cost effective and has shield trigger.
They can EASILY play a more efficient creature along with Spiral Gate if they need to.
Better to win with 2 cards in your hand than lose with 8.
> the deck looks like a beatdown.
All the more reason to not waste mana of overcosted clutter.
Actually, on that note take out the Aqua Guards.
Hulcus (and Surfer) will be enough to consistently get you evolution off.
If you're going to use dedicated chump blockers AT LEAST use Kelp Candle.
> And as for Lancer being better than Paladin...yeah sure say that when you're facing Petrova powered blocker swarms.
And watch them not quite die and put every single blocker back out.
In any situation where Paladin has a chance to outshine Lancer, either Lancer behaves more consistently or you were already going to win.
> Emeral is friggn' important for setting up that Awe or Surfer in shields.
12 shield triggers aren't enough to justify Emeral.
If he were running 4 Spiral Gates on top of that, it still wouldn't be worth it.
100% of Emeral's shield's are going to be attacked at last. Always.
Emeral's ONLY redeeming feature is that he's a cheap Cyber Lord to enable Illusionary Merfolk.
Yo would be better of swapping him for 4 Hypersquid Walter, which would card draw AND enable card draw.
> Apparently you're under the impression that more power=better, eh?
No, he's under the impression that better=better. Eh.
>>
>>43523849

>>43534336
>>43524866
> I'd also probably splash a bit mroe Light in the deck, maybe a few Magris for extra Hulcus effects and that'd let you use stuff like Glais Mejicula,
Absolutely this.
It also slightly redeems your dead-draw Holy Awe's by letting them color fix.
> which when paired with the amount of card draw your pushing, would make your shields nigh-untouchable.
And on that note, if you draw a Mana Nexus just use it as land.
It's even worse than Emeral at providing opportune shield triggers.
And wasting 4 mana on it will set your beats behind your opponent, which is tantamount to a death sentence without some VERY lucky shields.
>>
>>43523849
>>43534336
I know you don't think it, but trust me, I know my shit. There are quite a few people who would back me up here, especially if they knew who I was (inb4 a faggot or some such). Better cards are just, y'know, better? Why would you run Shock over Lightning Bolt? You wouldn't. If you'e running Water in a deck, you START by adding 4 Gates. It;s just what you do.

>>43535053
>>43535100
See, now this guy gets it. although yeah, looking back I can't really see the point in the Nature splashes here either. BAT ramps into absolutely nothing and only seems to be in here to combo with Nexus which you clearly overvalue for its "trigger fixing" when 9/10 those shields will just get broken when it suits your opponent since they know what they are or if you're boss like me and you splash Pokolul then those Holy Awes don't mean shit, son. If you MUST ramp, then why not just use Faerie Life? Same effect, but cheaper and has a shield trigger, since you clearly have a boner for them so it's right up your alley.

You claim it's a beatdown deck and yet you're not using any good green fatties and you opt of Paladin over Lancer? Yeah, that's not beatdown. It's just trash.
>>
>>43535053
>>43537809

You know that decks like >>43523849 were the most common meta decks in the OCG until the hall of fame (which limited Emeral) was created?
>>
>>43538174
So instead of actually trying, you just copy/pasted deck lists from the OCG on the assumption that it's good? Even in the OCG, Lancer was used more than Paladin. Not to mention, if we're talking OCG here, they had fucking Astral Reef, Cyber Brain and Aquan. The TCG doesn't. They used BAT because they wanted to actually ramp into something, namely Barkwhip or Fighter Dual Fang. The OCG meta was VERY different from what the TCG ended up being and this is for the TCG, so don't think just copy/pasting decklists from overseas will get you somewhere because it won't.
>>
>>43538254
>>43538174
Oh, and I forgot to mention, you know what else got restricted by the Hall of Fame? FUCKING SPIRAL GATE.
>>
>>43538289
The original March 15, 2004 Hall of Fame had only.
>Astral Reef
>Cyber Brain
>Deep Operation
>Emeral
>Streaming Shaper

(Funny that it's 5 blue cards)

Spiral Gate was added to it 6 years after in May 15, 2010.
>>
>>43538438
And notice how we didn't get 4 of those cards. Emeral is just good by itself because it got put on the list. It got put there, because it's good with the 4 other cards. Also, Aquan (yet ANOTHER card the TCG didn't get) got hit a few months after, to boot. This is just even more evidence that supports my point that the TCG meta cannot be equated to the OCG meta and just because something got put on a list doesn't suddenly make the card good in the TCG.
>>
>>43538529
I just realised I mistyped. I meant Emeral ISN'T just good by itself. Herpderp.
>>
File: Dm4-2.jpg (94 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
Dm4-2.jpg
94 KB, 400x560
>>
>>43543486
>4000 power body
>No summon sickness
>Only 2 fucking mana

The second effect must be a serious drawback, right?
>>
File: AstralWarper.jpg (58 KB, 435x611) Image search: [Google]
AstralWarper.jpg
58 KB, 435x611
>>43543752
You get to draw 3 cards. This is the bullshit that is Astral Reef. Notice the moonrunes. That's because it was never translated for the TCG and with good fucking reason. We got pic instead.
>>
File: Dmc58-3.jpg (145 KB, 400x560) Image search: [Google]
Dmc58-3.jpg
145 KB, 400x560
Image bumping and also lurking for games.
>>
File: 250.jpg (24 KB, 250x345) Image search: [Google]
250.jpg
24 KB, 250x345
I once had Pic related as a foil card, but back then when I got it I was so young I didn't understand shit about the game. It became my favourite card because it was so cool and shiny. But here's the real question, is it any good? Is it useful in any decks? Im really curious now and want to know is it just a shit card or not.
>>
>>43546779
It's a shit card. Attack power hardly matters for unblockable creature and blue has some for only 3 mana.
>>
>>43546779
It's... yeah, it's pretty shit. It's just a quasi-vanilla that will likely just get removed once you drop it on board meaning you wasted 6 mana to do nothing. Even then, once you swing in once, it'll likely just die from an attack from your opponent.
>>
>>43546879
>>43546893
Well, at least I know now. Thanks guys, you were a Great help.
>>
On that note, anyone up for playing a few games?
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.