[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: lively-OP.png (22 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
lively-OP.png
22 KB, 700x700
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QMs.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. In addition, try to keep tripfag drama to a minimum.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/pV7sdNnv
This link contains numerous writing guides, as well as the addresses of quest related IRC channels.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you aren't on the list, post your twitter here and someone will make sure it gets added eventually.

>QM Topic:
How many little girls do you have in your quest?

>Player Topic:
Which MC do you identify most with?
>>
I think I'll wait for more engaging questions.
>>
File: 1408848265105.png (93 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1408848265105.png
93 KB, 171x278
>>43498410
I fucking love all the ridiculously hot button questions that get posted in the OP.
>>
Real questions:

>QM Topic
What would you say are your main creative influences in your quest running and writing style, be they writing, television, film, etc?

>Player Topic
When was the last time a QM hit you with a choose that left you paralyzed, where you had no idea what was the right decision to make?

>Bonus question
Which was the better psychologist, Frasier or Niles?
>>
>>43498677
> choose

Choice, rather.
>>
>>43498677
>player
a week ago? It's not terribly uncommon.
>>
>>43498677
>Which was the better psychologist, Frasier or Niles?
Seinfeld
>>
So, /tg/, what do you guys think of a Fate/ Quest? I was planning (and writing some ideas for) a Green Lantern Corps one, but i keep wondering if a Fate one would be a better choice.
>>
>>43498834
There's been a lot of Fate/Quests, and I think EGO might be the only one that managed to finish one.

There's just been one other Green Lantern Quest though and... It would have been okay, had the dice gods not looked upon it with hatred.
>>
>>43498834
I'd rather a Lantern quest.
>>
>>43498849
You talking about Magic Girl Lantern Quest? Because that one was shit
>>
>>43498947
I'm saying that the premise wasn't bad, but a lousy audience and poor mechanics made it a never ending carnival of failure.
>>
How often do you get tactical combat? Acting as either leader or telepath directing forces, trying to keep on top of things when you only get to give order every, say, 1 minute of combat.

Does this happen often?
>>
>>43498977
Yeah, mechanics is the main problem i'm facing. I can't find anything good enough that keeps it simple for a GL quest.
>>
File: 1446501864852.jpg (179 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
1446501864852.jpg
179 KB, 599x888
Hey guys, I'm back from hiatus. There will be a Stormtrooper Quest thread tonight around 8:30 CST.
>>
>>43498977
>I'm saying that the premise wasn't bad
And I'm saying you're wrong
>>
>>43498677

Whenever we actually saw him practice on the show (which was rare) Niles blew Frasier out of the water. Not to mention he managed to nail Daphne.
>>
>>43498834
Ooh Green Lantern quest! Do it, that will be fun.
>>
A question for those who've read Wildbows Pact. There was someone doing a quest thread set in that world a while back, anyone know what it was called or where I could find it? May have even been another *chan, but I know I originally got the link here.
>>
>>43499074
Frasier banged Roz. Sure, just the one time but that has to count for something.

Daphne is great, but Roz is a whole other league.
>>
>>43498677
>>QM Topic
>What would you say are your main creative influences in your quest running and writing style, be they writing, television, film, etc?
Youth filled with schlock of both fantasy and scifi varieties. Also, Halo CE when i was nine was the first vidya gaem i ever played, and it was a serious eye opener.
>>Player Topic
>When was the last time a QM hit you with a choose that left you paralyzed, where you had no idea what was the right decision to make?
Regularly? although most of my followed quests have been quiet recently.
>>Bonus question
>Which was the better psychologist, Frasier or Niles?
idunnolol

WHO'S HYPED FOR IRON AND HATE RETURNING?
>>
Liches

How should they be played?

Seems to be some drama in the lingering DASQ about how the MC should act.
>>
>>43499196
Like an old fuck who wants these goddamn kids to get off his lawn, except with the basic strength of a bear despite no muscles, no mobility problems because they can fly, and enough thaumaturgical power to level a city and shatter mountains. Close to All-Powerful compared to puny fleshbags,but usually wants nothing more than to relax in his library. The other option is a world-conqueror, who is a stereotypically schlock BBEG, complete with wacky minibosses and long monologues
>>
>>43499195
I want to know what the spooky secret POV will be.
I'm guessing either a family member, if Page is going for the ASoIaF style of multiple viewpoints from the same families, or maybe the guy who's off leading the Great Company of Valemen.

Or maybe even some Ironborn guy in order to kick off Greyjoy's Rebellion.
>>
>>43499262
our family are a bunch of unimportant nobodies, and i doubt/hope page is killing them off this early. Im betting the guy we sent off in the Company, but an Ironborn works too.

Honestly, i just want regular threads for an extended period, even if they are just once a week things with some weeks off, as long as there isnt any more five-month gaps
>>
>>43499090

This might just be an apples/oranges situation. I see the appeal of Roz, but consider Daphne one of the all-time greats for sitcom hotness.

Anyway, Frasier Quest when?

>getting questions from other quest protagonists for your radio show
>juggling family responsibilities with the difficulties of dating in the 90s
>going off the rails and banging Roz in the booth
>>
>>43499589
That'd be pretty hilarious as a quest honestly.
>>
>>43499589
The QM would have to be capable of writing truly god tier pompous rants for it to work.
>>
>>43499589
It has been a long day at work and after enduring a series of unfortunate events involving his family, Frasier finally arrives at the upscale Trou de Merde for his date with the charmingly buxom gallery owner he had flirted with on the day before.

After being seated by the maitre de, a waiter arrives to take the order. After engaging in some witty banter over an entree of fresh oysters, the main course arrives.

Frasier is presented with a dish of Coq au Vin served with a glass of 1963 Domaine Ramonet Montrachet Grand Cru. A fine choice.

The chicken, however, is a little dry.

> return the dish to the kitchen at once
> make a pithy quip on the dish's quality but continue to eat
> explode in outrage at being served substandard food, the last straw after a day of contrived frustrations and faux-pas
>>
>>43499762

Pithy quip to impress our date, preferably invoking an ancient Roman historian in some way. Obviously we don't know the chef is the gallery owner''s brother and that she'll take great offense.
>>
>>43499858
This guy again?
>>
>>43499858
Are you in the correct thread?
>>
>>43499858
its time to stop posting
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-05-06-28-49.png (428 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-05-06-28-49.png
428 KB, 960x540
>>43499858
>>
>>43499589
>>43499762
Who is Frasier?
>>
File: frasier-agrees-to-fight.png (180 KB, 492x371) Image search: [Google]
frasier-agrees-to-fight.png
180 KB, 492x371
>>43500859

A psychologist from Seattle who hosted a call-in show from the mid nineties to early 2000s.
>>
>>43498410
>How many little girls do you have in your quest?
Two if you count the really little girls. Three if you count the one that looks thirteen.
Only two bodies for them though.
>>
>>43498677
>What would you say are your main creative influences in your quest running and writing style, be they writing, television, film, etc?

Band of Brothers, Tigers in the Mud, Infantry Attacks, other such material.

Except for the first though those aren't written to be stories so much as memoirs, so I also go off of unrelated novels for certain parts.
>>
>>43499045
Is it wrong that I think Jar Wars: The Jar Awakens would actually be a better movie than what we're going to get?
>>
>>43499221
>The other option is a world-conqueror, who is a stereotypically schlock BBEG, complete with wacky minibosses and long monologues
Far far more fun than the Pipe&Slippers 'get off my lawn' bullshit that /tg/ laps up
>>
>>43501079

Sometimes the internet falls in love with the idea of subverting an expectation so much they forget why the original version was so widespread in the first place. The lich should be a hardcore motherfucker who smashes shit up, hates the living and spreads doom and death. Make players afraid of him for a change.
>>
>>43499196

With deep existential angst. Being undead sucks, and it doesn't even suck in a fun way. You've got all this arcane power, and you live in constant, unending agony. It's so bad that you wish you could die, but if you die you know that you're going to hell.

You've made a bad fucking bargain and the worst part is you worked SO HARD to become this.
>>
>>43498677

> When was the last time a QM hit you with a choose that left you paralyzed, where you had no idea what was the right decision to make?

All of the relationship stuff in Joker quest. I'm not equipped to deal with that kind of drama, so we picked the worst choices anyway.
>>
>>43501673
>should
Fuck off
>>
>>43501783

>getting so mad over a single word
>>
>>43498410

>QM Topic:

Only one and the joke is that she's got the voice of a 40-something that smokes 2 packs of cigarettes a day. She might also be a demon and is visually based on some cosplayer that no one knows how old she is, But whatever.

>>43498677

>QM Topic:

Neil Gaiman, David Foster Wallace, cheesy-as-shit action flicks and whatever interests me.

>Bonus question:

Niles, easily.
>>
>>43501783
The first post in the chain contained a 'should' and some faggot started sperging out about how all Liches should be all-powerful grandpas. If that was you, you started this shit and you're wrong to boot.
>>
How would you do an iyashikei quest?
>>
Quest concept idea Time!

A young squire is serving under a Noble House and one of its Knights to become a Knight himself some day. However, one day he wakes up with a voice inside his head. This voice knows him and seems to know a LOT about all kinds of things, even events yet to transpire.

With this voice and its both wise and sometimes odd words of advice, the young Squire must set out to discover his fate and save the Realm from a grim future that awaits it should he fail. A quest begins!
>>
>>43502936

I'd play it, so long as it's not a slice of life/waifu quest like archelon's travesty
>>
>>43503002
No, was thinking more Fantasy Hero kinda of thing with dark/grim pieces here and there. Squire turning Hero-kind of tale.
>>
>>43503049

Not the anon you replied to, but I like the idea.
>>
>>43503954
I'll start writing on it. Might do it this weekend.
>>
>>43504047

Cool.
>>
>>43502936
>>43503049
>>43504047
I wanna see a Witcher-esque fantasy world with magic excluded.
>>
>>43504736
how?
>>
>>43504765
Think he's talking about dark fantasy.
>>
>>43504794
Monsters but no magic?
>>
>>43504858
>>43504794
>>43504765
Yeah. Dark fantasy with monster but no magic. That'd be neat. In the end it's up to the QM, but even without monsters or magic, a more dark setting.
>>
>>43504858
Maybe humans are just straight up incapable of using magic, or monsters are just... animals. Scary, vicious as fuck animals but animals nonetheless.
>>
>>43502936
>>43504765
>>43504891
>>43504890
Should there be other races than humans? OC races or the cliche fantasy races?
>>
>>43505032
Just humans I'd say. Other races are a little cliche and make the whole "No magic? Really..?" thing a little difficult to swallow imho.
>>
Are there any actual good quests running on /tg/ lately... it seems like all the good qms just quit or something...
>>
File: Sunless sea.png (248 KB, 701x679) Image search: [Google]
Sunless sea.png
248 KB, 701x679
would you like a sunless sea quest?

if so, what would you like to see in said quest?
what should/shouldn't we use from the setting itself?
>>
File: Tears of Anger.jpg (28 KB, 510x286) Image search: [Google]
Tears of Anger.jpg
28 KB, 510x286
>>43505191
>good qms just quit
>Republic Commando will never be finished
>>
>>43505191
i like the fallout quest.

QM is below mediocre though
>>
>>43505191

Running a quest takes a lot of free time, so it's easy to get knocked out of the habit. Moving, a new job, new schedule at school, your real-world social life getting busy, any one of those things can take a QM out of the game.
>>
>>43505191
QMing is a volunteer/charity think. Sadly we don't get paid for running so RL obligations crop up
>>
>>43505555
If I got paid, I'd be doing this every day and really up my own writing quality. lol. Alas, it isn't so and I'm forced to only run twice per week.
>>
>>43505633
One way to solve this problem would be to increase the quest crowd and start patreons for the most popular author.
>>
>>43505700
>Popularity determines how much you get paid
I would drop my OC quest so fucking fast for a Fan fiction quest.
>>
>>43505743
Sorry, you lost me. Are you implying popularity does not determine how much you get paid?
Or do you say that if there enough people for sufficient patreon numbers, you would have dropped your OC for FF?
>>
>>43505700
This is a horrible solution.
>>
>>43505811
"Not ideal" is more fitting I'd say.
Do you have a better one?
>>
>>43505796
I'm just saying that if this was the case, I'd pick up a Fan Fiction quest I could enjoy running solely to get more money.
>>
>>43505835
Not involving money and not turning questing into a business.
>>
>>43505796
He means that running a fanfiction quest would be more popular than any OC quest simply due to the fact that there is already a dedicated fanbase.
>>
>>43505700
Anyone else here have players demand that you make a Patreon?

I'm not going to, but it was a nice ego boost.
>>
>>43506062
>>43505743
Technically, wouldn't that be violating copyright/intellectual property laws?
>>
>>43506108
I think you are right. As soon as you start getting money from a copyrighted property you are legally stealing from them. People can write fanfiction of whatever they want as long as they don't get cash from it.
>>
I ask of you: How do you feel about a quest whose core mechanic is making contracts/pacts with otherworldly beings? Good idea, or a one-way ticket to shadowruns town on the paranoia train?
>>43506108
>>43505743
>>43506062
>Money for IPs that don't belong to you
Can of worms, sire. Can of worms the size of Australia.

>>43505191
Autumn purge. Happens every year.
>>43505032
Human (variant, MAYBE) only settings are far easier to handle. It increases the focus on having to deal with your 'in house issues', so to speak, I'd say.
>>43498677
Hmm. Lovecraft, Poe, the Perry Rhodan series, Shoujo and Josei manga, Lord Dusany, Howard, wayyy too many conspiracy sites.
>>
>>43506108
Not any more than taking commissions for fanart of peoples waifu getting fucked in the ass. You'd get away with it.
>>
>>43506108
That would require someone to care enough to sue you.
>>
>>43505700

I'd start the most pandering waifu-baiting bullshit you can imagine. Watch me cackle and pull down an easy five to ten bucks per month!
>>
>>43506380
>How do you feel about a quest whose core mechanic is making contracts/pacts with otherworldly beings? Good idea, or a one-way ticket to shadowruns town on the paranoia train?
don't we have a couple of those already?

>>43505700
patreons are a bad road if you don't handle it carefully. I wouldn't be comfortable with anything more than regularly pumping out quest-related artwork and commissions until I'm absolutely sure.

MAYBE things like mechanic overhauls and proper bookeeping/archiving for easy binging. POSSIBLY for starting a 2nd or 3rd quest to juggle and deciding what they would be about, but even that is sketchy.
>>
If we ignore Hex, maybe he will go away.
>>
>>43506620
>don't we have a couple of those already?
Most aren't on even ground with the entity or dead.
>>
>>43505191
>Are there any actual good quests running on /tg/ lately

No, not ever

No quest can ever be good, unless the QM quits, then it was the greatest quest of our time and a tragedy that it was taken from us.
>>
>>43506380
>I ask of you: How do you feel about a quest whose core mechanic is making contracts/pacts with otherworldly beings? Good idea, or a one-way ticket to shadowruns town on the paranoia train?

Sounds great, that's basically exactly what I was asking for when I made this post:

>>43499089

So if you want any inspiration etc have a look at https://pactwebserial.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
>>
>>43506108
Depends. Anime producers usually don't care at all about that sort of fan infringement, viewing it as a sort of free advertising. That's why there's so many doujins out there; it's a moneymaker, not just a fun personal project.
>>
how does /tg/ feel about anything-punk? Thinking on making a desertpunk quest but dont know if people would watch that
>>
>>43507206
>Sounds great, that's basically exactly what I was asking for when I made this post:
>
>>>43499089#
>
>So if you want any inspiration etc have a look at https://pactwebserial.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
You made the mistake of assuming anyone cared about Widlbow's work beyond Worm and the failure that was PRT Quest. Even on certain sites that care more there is very little discussion of Twig/Pact and most just go back to statting up Tinkerers or whatever.

It's like trying to talk about Drew Karpashyns novels. Many people probably liked KOTOR and what he did for Bioware before getting kicked but don't give two flying fucks about him beyond that.
>>43507583
HA! Memes!
>>
>>43507629
I suppose so, although I think the Pact universe is pretty interesting and has the potential for some good quests.

> PRT Quest

That's actually what I was looking for. Oh well.
>>
>>43507708
>I suppose so, although I think the Pact universe is pretty interesting and has the potential for some good quests.
They always say that about a hundred different settings but writers seem entirely uninterested which means they won't happen.
>>
>>43507206
>So if you want any inspiration etc have a look at https://pactwebserial.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/
I found this completely insufferable. I'm probably not the intended audience.
>>
>>43506091
If you're anyone but HQQ I'm going to be very disappointed
>>
>>43507751
I was thinking more the magic system, karma, oaths, and literal pacts with non-human entities. Each to their own though, it was difficult to get through at times I agree.
>>
>QM gets a job
>don't worry guys, runs will continue soon!
>no updates for over a month

the-they'll come back, right?
>>
>>43507841
Depends on the QM in question. There are varying degrees of commitment to their quests from person to person.
>>
>>43507900
they were pretty dedicated and regular... until they got a job.
>>
>>43501070
Probably.

I'm not expecting to get anything amazing, but it'll still be better than the prequels. Star Trek was better than the Prequels so it shouldn't go downhill from there.
>>
>>43498410
>QM

...One? Yeah, one.
>>
So I've heard that tangfag is thinking about trying to run EvaQuest again. What do you guys think about it?
>>
>>43508610
Is this the one where the QM is aping planefag with a grizzled SEAL posted at NERV?
>>
>>43508610
Ehhhhhhh. Was not a fan of where the last one went.
>>
>>43508621
Yeah.
>>
>>43508610
I'd be down, did he give any other details?

Wouldn't mind going as a pilot this time.
>>
>Picture's origin unrelated. Just found it fitting.

Dark, gritty fantasy setting. Monsters, Magic (Both arcane, holy, necromancy, and blood), corrupt elvish highbornes, enslaved dark elves, bitter gnomes, secluded dwarves, and human kingdoms in ruins with only a handful of humans still wandering the lands, looking for a home.

You are a Death Knight and at the behest of the Necromancer who gave you immortality through undeath, you guard an imprisoned Demi-godess. However, one day a band of 5 Heroes assaults the magical prison. They slay your master and defeats you with their combined might. Although the Demi-godess is grateful to them for releasing her, she quickly proceeds to kill them all and flees.

On the verge of falling into darkness due to your master's untimely demise, you have to choose which one of these 5 heroes that you will resurrect into undeath. You only have enough knowledge to raise one of them. You will have to form a pact of servant and master with that former Hero to sustain yourself and them.

Hated and feared wherever you go, the two of you must traverse the world as you hunt down the free Demi-godess, no matter who gets in your way.
>>
>>43508633
>>43508650
So it is?

Yuck.
>>
>>43508742
I'm down with that.
>>
>>43508650
>>43508610
It might have a fanbase but I'll hate it
>>
>>43506380
Worms the size of Australia?!

Gods among us...
>>
>>43508873
I'm really hyped about this idea, so I'll start working on it and have it up either this weekend or the next!
>>
>>43508742
>enslaved elves
I hope you have insurance, because i just yawned so hard my jaw dislocated thanks to your reckless posting of shitty ideas and I'm sending you the bill.
>>
>>43509054
Then that's your opinion. Thanks for your useless input though. I'll still be here if you want to give proper criticizing input.
>>
>>43506681
Or maybe he'll run his goddamn quest
>>
>>43508742
Gotta be honest, that doesn't sound like a good idea. Not that it couldn't be done well with a great deal of forethought and polish by the right writer, but in a quest medium it'll quickly fall apart into either ridiculous heapings of edge or /tg/ trying to be the good guy, there will be no middle ground and if you try to maintain one you will quickly find your thread filled with cries of railroading.
>>
>>43509383
in this case, I think it's got promise.

As long as it doesn't try to touch on other titles like Tate and I dunno, super edgy stuff like Akame ga Kill.
>>
>>43509408
Don't forget to include the requisite use of the words fuck and cunt in every sentence, and make sure your quest is above the legal minimum for whores. You don't want your gritty fantasy license taken away.
>>
I've been in the mood to run an XCOM Quest lately. If I end up doing something about it, would /tg/ prefer playing the Commander or the guys in the field? I figure the guys in the field would be more fun, but the whole point is for them to get killed off in suicide missions, so the Commander seems like a more playable option.
>>
>>43509457
now you've gone past jaded and well into NO FUN ALLOWED

>>43509468
Commander if the MC remains constant, in the field if you have accepted from the start that you're going to go through rosters of MCs.
>>
>>43509510
Well, since the pitch hit pretty much every note of the babby's first dark fantasy playbook, I'm assuming it will be full of whores with tourette's. Except for the dark elves, presumably they'll just be calling people "massa" a lot.
>>
>>43509054
>>43509457
>>43509546
All this hate, lol. Makes me want to run it and prove you wrong even more. Thanks for the motivation, mate.

>>43509383
Other quests have held themselves in the grey zone/middle ground and not become edgy, but still kept it dark. It is possible if done right, but I can understand you and see where you're coming from on this. I'll be sure to put more thought into it, but before hand and during the quest. Thanks.

>>43509408
>Akame ga Kill.
Yeah, I don't have any plans to make it that dark or even force it in that direction. It's a cruel world, but in the end, it's up to the players how they react to it.
>>
>>43509468
Well, you could have the MC be the one rookie who got lucky with crits and actually survived long enough to become a power-armored plasma-spewing badass.
Or, you could have the players control the Commander for deciding on broad strategy, assigning research, negotiating with the council, desperately trying to remember his combat training during base defense, constructing the base, and all that stuff. When a mission comes up, players would assemble the team to deploy from the barracks and select the squad leader, who becomes the viewpoint character for the duration of the mission.
>>
>>43501869
>David Foster Wallace

I was going to say something but since running a quest generally involves a gajillion pointless characters with no obvious end to the plot in sight, carry on.
>>
>>43505232

I'm not sure what I would want that I don't get from playing Sunless Sea. But it is a nice setting.

>>43506890

I wonder if killing my quest would finally get people to notice. :^)
>>
>>43507278
Some producers seem really uptight about stuff like that appearing in the west, though. It's not too rare to see some copyright holder (not the actual creator) get butthurt about western fans using their material for something, even though without that there would hardly be a western otaku fanbase in the first place.
>>
>>43509793

Don't forget bullshit introspection that amounts to nothing and semi-colons EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>43509931

I wouldn't accuse him of something my own writing is guilty of.

I enjoyed DFW's prose but it, like everything else about the man, seemed part of a carefully machined persona and body of work designed to climb to the top of the literary heap rather than actually be something truthful, almost as those his whole career was part of some kind of ongoing Infinite Jest.
>>
>>43506380
>I ask of you: How do you feel about a quest whose core mechanic is making contracts/pacts with otherworldly beings?
You mean like Totemist Quest, Life Quest, Binder Quest, Soul Quest, and that other one that was really short lived I've forgotten the name of?
>>
>>43509620
>lol
baka senpai desu
>>
File: 1437042542355.gif (817 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1437042542355.gif
817 KB, 500x281
>>43510234
>baka senpai desu
>>
>>43510207
Or Banished quest. A fair bit of contract making with otherwordly shit going on there.
>>
>>43510463
Doesn't revolve around it like the others do/did, though. Plus I listed one of Soma's quests already.
>>
Are decent smut quests still a thing, or did people give up on those as impossible? Will no one else dream the impossible wet dream?
>>
>>43510483
Yeah I figured it deserved an honourable mention though. Which other one was Soma's?
>>
>>43510599
Life Quest.
>>
>>43510570
What are the factors for decent, anyway?
>>
>>43510616
Appeals to his fetishes
>>
>>43510570
Most of them were shit and they kept getting banned, doubly so after the wst was canned. Some quests pastebin Leeds, but even then they're usually either few and far between or shit.

Just use akun if you want to do smut.
>>
>>43510616
Well fo- >>43510630 Yeah pretty much.

So are there many diaper/spoiler] quests?
>>
>>43510639
Nyet.
>>
File: reactions.gif (3 MB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
reactions.gif
3 MB, 400x255
>>43510639
>>
>>43510639
yeah, if you only care about the subject matter, go to akun. Pretty sure they have one or two that cater to that.
>>
File: 1437798857529.jpg (149 KB, 1146x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437798857529.jpg
149 KB, 1146x1080
>>43498677
Tomino, Urobuchi, Nasu, Hideaki anno, Franz Kafka, Haruki Murakami, Edgar Allan Poe.
>>
>>43510616

I always thought that writing one where players genuinely cared about the characters and story beyond the fetish setpueces would be an interesting challenge for a writer. I don't know if I ever saw one that didn't just dissolve into skub.
>>
>>43510762
>Anno

kek
>>
>>43510765
The easy answer is to just not have fetish set pieces options from square one. The approach tends to end in common denominator fantasy porn often, but at least you can be more free to shape characters or story.
>>
>>43509620
Oh boy, it looks like we got another Trombone Tooter
>>
>>43510680
>>43510682
>>43510694
Wasn't me senpaitachi desu.

My fetish is arguably worse. NTR.
>>
>>43510957
Diapered NTR Quest when?
>>
>>43510957

I don't think you're going to get much traction from /tg/ with that. The Internet seems to fear that the way our ancestors feared bears and crop blight.
>>
>>43511020
>not fearing bears and crop blight

Where I'm from, bears are the enemy, even worse than the Russians, and crop blight is a punishment from God for not killing enough Russians.
>>
>>43511020
>fear
More of despise it the way our ancestors despised man eating bears and Those Guys From The Other Valley
>>
>>43510950
One can only hope. I fear that Trombone Tooter's shitness may never be rivaled in 4chan's lifetime.
>>
>>43511086
Evert community needs its legends I suppose
>>
>>43511047
ohaiyo ukraine-chan
>>
>>43511108
but we already have EGO tho
>>
>>43511047
What about bear blights? Or blight bears,
>>
>>43511113
Ukrainian Quest when?
>>
>>43511139
Legends, as in multiple. Besides, EGO is more of a Sisyphean figure and q long and storied chronicle of self-induced failure.

TT's tragedy is more Icarian in nature, for he burned bright and fast and fell oh so spectacularly.
>>
>>43511139

We should also take a moment to remember NORG now and again.
>>
>>43511145
Blights of bears that ruin crops? Jesus, Olga, and Vladimir the Great preserve me. Anon, you know not of what you speak.
>>
>>43511195
Or ruined crops that give rise to bears as they rot away.
>>
>>43511151
>ukrainian quest written by actual ukrainian with a good grasp of english, an extensive knowledge of /k/, and the capability of weaving the current political situation with some supernatural horror elements of Ukrainian/Russian lore

Why do I want things I can't have.
>>
>>43511248
Because no one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful

Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful
>>
>>43511248
Because I'm on furlough for a week, Anon, and then it's back to the war.
>>
>>43508742
So Guardian Heroes but you are the undead hero and you ressurect one of the 5 heroes that came your way?

You better get someone that will not backstab you near the end of the game like in advance guardian heroes.
>>
>>43511292

I fucking knew your suicide was bullshit.

>>43511310

:(
>>
>>43511369
>your suicide
Whuh? I was just quoting some They Might Be Giants, m8
>>
>>43511437

Oh, think nothing of it then. plz excuse.
>>
File: 1446835364745.jpg (227 KB, 728x1096) Image search: [Google]
1446835364745.jpg
227 KB, 728x1096
StarWars Another Hope Quest: 0 is up. First Quest, so hopefully this goes well.
>>43511547
>>
>>43509383
>we'll have a rotting skeleton waifu

>Just like in muh SKELETON WARRIORS cartoon but less metal
>>
>>43510902
I had an idea that would basically be SoL + worldbuilding + husbandos in a "It gets better" hard science fiction universe with the personal goal of having /tg/ fuck at least one.
>>
>>43511616
Use Notepad+ and text wrap. Or just work on your formatting.
>>
>>43511652
The fact I'm on mobile doesn't really help. It's spacing isn't really indicative of what it looks like on a normal screen. Still, I can't say I disagree with you.
>>
>>43511616
>choose name
I'd let it die.
>>
>>43511714
Why so ?
>>
>>43511707
Don't run a quest on mobile. That just screams headaches for both you and the player.
>>
>>43511707
>mobile
Dude.
>>
>>43511724
>chargen

We've gone over this week after week, month after month. Just look in the archives.
>>
>>43511724
Not him but personally I'd rather play an established, focused character with some personality than a blank slate. That way you don't have players trying to take the character in 20 different directions. Just my opinion though.
>>
>>43511736
>>43511744
It's not really my choice to be honest. I rather use my toaster, problem is that it's charred husk due a friend of mine.
>>
>>43511789
Then hold your ideas until you can get something better than a mobile. /tg/ ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>43511775
I see. I thought the opposite, that the players would get more invested in a character that they had input in its creation.
>>
>>43511814
True, but.. This is an idea I've been holding on to for a year and a half. Im slightly hesitent about putting on hold.
>>
>>43511836
obviously you've never been on /tg/ or at least in a quest with character creation
>>43511869
>year and a half
then hold onto it for two more weeks dumbass
>>
>>43511836
Like I said, my opinion. I just prefer having something to work with you know?

Another thing about chargen? Prospective players might just leave if the option they wanted isn't chosen. Specially the gender vote.

>>43511869
Well good luck to you then.
>>
>>43511895
Well, let's see what happens, if it crashes and burns, then I have literally no one else to blame but me.
>>43511888
Now, that would a great fucking idea... If I weren't a goddamn poorfag.
>>
>>43505232
If you, unlike failbetter games, let me bang a Devil I will play this quest
>>
>>43512015

Even if you can type quickly on mobile, it's a headache to go back and do an editing pass in. You don't want to lose players because of crappy autosuggest or accidentally using the word "excited" the times in a sentence or any other writing flaw that you could have avoided.

>tfw writing this advice on my phone
>>
>>43511638

Run it. /tg/ can never have enough husbandos.
>>
>>43512326
I'm already feeling it. Although, I pre-typed somethings, so hopefully, that will help immensely.
>>
>>43512590
Seriously, a second-hand desktop toaster is literally available for 60 ausbucks, and they'll be cheaper pretty much anywhere that isnt completely third-world.
>>
anyone else excited about the big space battle incoming in DASQ?
>>
>>43512749

Me.

The anon who invented undead space crabs is a fucking genius btw. It wasn't even me.
>>
>>43513006
are they giant enemy crabs?
>>
>>43498410
>QM Topic
Uh, well, technically one? Pandora isn't organic, let alone human, but she's pretty much a little android girl.

Pandora Quest is up! >>43512918
(You are the head researcher at a government facility. Your sole responsibility is to teach the world's first autonomous AI, nicknamed Pandora, about life, the world and her existence.)
>>
>>43513025

We're pretty clearly the bad guy in this universe so I'd say yes
>>
>>43513025
Oh man what if we make crab shaped ships that latch onto an enemy ship, snip off engines and chews through the hull to vomit a boarding party into it
>>
>>43513006
>Interstellar Zombie Crustaceans
Mother of God. I need to read this quest.
>>
>>43513303

They explode too, so there's that.
>>
>>43513347
Some are electrical

Undead exploding, electrical crabs that float in space as anti-ship mines
>>
>>43512749
What does DAS stand for, if I may ask?
>>
File: 1367631779972.jpg (122 KB, 392x468) Image search: [Google]
1367631779972.jpg
122 KB, 392x468
>>43513347
>>43513369
Sign me up.
>>
>>43513388
Death Among the Stars Quest. It's on suptg. There's a thread tomorrow
>>
>>43513405
exploding zombie electrical crabs in space? Fuck yes I'm going to start reading.
>>
>>43513450
MC is an ancient-evil Lich that used to be a fleet commander in a giant undead armada
>>
>>43513480
Sounds awesome.
>>
>>43513389
I can't stop cackling evilly while reading this. This quest is scratching and soothing an urge to be unabashedly evil that I wasn't all that aware of.
>>
File: 1372825888484.jpg (63 KB, 476x621) Image search: [Google]
1372825888484.jpg
63 KB, 476x621
>>43513102
>Giant crab ship that grapples enemy ships
>Vomits even more exploding crabs into the ship
That's bloody genius.
>>
Does anyone know what happened to the Metal Gear Solid quest? The QM ran 2 really good episodes then dropped off the face of the Earth.

His twitter account is :
https://twitter.com/PoiTimes
>>
>>43515105
Dead
>>
>>43498677
>Player Topic
Far from the last time, but I always enjoyed MARS's choices. Some of the successful choices felt like real dodged bullets.
>>
How many quests have ninja or ninja equivalents, and are they any good?
>>
File: crossedfingers.jpg (3 KB, 89x126) Image search: [Google]
crossedfingers.jpg
3 KB, 89x126
>>43515147
Mhm.
Thanks.
>>
putting in a recommendation for the phantyquest thing going on
completely different from the normal quest format, it's fun
>>
>>43515857
It's the /co/ waifu & wish fulfillment thing right?
>>
>AC-GUY is going to sufficient velocity
Why has he turned from us?
>>
>>43516775
>AC-GUY is going to sufficient velocity
Is he going to run AC Quest there?

No? Then I don't care.
>>
>>43516852
>AC Quest
I NEED THIS! Especially during WW2.
>>
When the hell is Warlord running? I feel like I've missed my fix.
>>
I have a problem with a quest I am planning.
In it, one of the characters is constantly sleepy, sweaty, has a headache, gets tired easily, and feels needles on her extremities, "Feels something banging on her chest" (Tachycardia), and sometimes pukes after exerting.
Her problem is that she is low in sugar, actually, but she and everyone else are incredibly ignorant (One knows how to count and that's it) and have no way to find a medic.
My problem is that ignorance. The players will instantly assume that she has a LETHAL DISEASE, and may even go as far as to say "No don't give her candy it'll be worse", and because of reasons she herself doesn't even know what sugar is.
A character who can read will appear and there is a library, but by the time they find him (Something that may even not happen if the players don't do it) I fear she may have died from a hearth attack.
How could I show what her problem is? I was thinking I could do something like "She smells something sugary and has a instant need of it", but I feel it'd be too easy in that case.
>>
>>43519117
so what if players fuck up? Just let them worry as long as she isnt dying, and have her make her own candy during downtime if its that much of a problem
>>
>>43519117
I think it may be better for players to assume it's something it isn't if that's what they'll do. If they don't bother trying to find out what exactly is wrong, they deserve what's coming.
>>
>>43517847
Looks like he's running tomorrow.
>>
>>43516566
there's bits of that, but its more of a ghost mafia missing person mystery
>>
>>43519145
My problem is that I am not giving them the tools to find out. No one at their reach has medic knowledge, and the library won't be useable until finding a character that isn't really relevant in she getting better. It feels a bit too much like a Monkey Island tier puzzle for me.
>>
>>43505232
Well I'd either want to go around in Fallen London, or become a captain.
>>
>>43519117
So I replaced sugar with semen, and I think I'm onto you, you little prick.
>>
>>43519215
What?
>>
>>43519117
>I was thinking I could do something like "She smells something sugary and has a instant need of it", but I feel it'd be too easy in that case.

realistic though, when your body needs to eat something in particular, smelling it will make you very hungry.

The characters mind may be dumb as a brick, but her stomach knows what she craves.
>>
>>43519215
So...

I have a problem with a quest I am planning.
In it, one of the characters is constantly sleepy, sweaty, has a headache, gets tired easily, and feels needles on her extremities, "Feels something banging on her chest" (Tachycardia), and sometimes pukes after exerting.
Her problem is that she is low in semen, actually, but she and everyone else are incredibly ignorant (One knows how to count and that's it) and have no way to find a medic.
My problem is that ignorance. The players will instantly assume that she has a LETHAL DISEASE, and may even go as far as to say "No don't give her cock it'll be worse", and because of reasons she herself doesn't even know what semen is.
A character who can read will appear and there is a library, but by the time they find him (Something that may even not happen if the players don't do it) I fear she may have died from a hearth attack.
How could I show what her problem is? I was thinking I could do something like "She smells something semeny and has a instant need of it", but I feel it'd be too easy in that case.
>>
14013>>43519117
Has she never eaten fruits or berries or literally any other sweet thing?
>>
>>43519239
>"No don't give her cock it'll be worse"
That's completely unrealistic, players will never say no to giving someone the cock
>>
>>43519239
>she is low in semen

Now this just seems like the dumb little futa has a low sperm count or something.
>>
>>43519235
Yeah, I'll go with that. I want to go for a no-sierra-bullshit style from the start, and it is the most reasonable solution.
>>43519239
Are you memeing me?
Because it sounds like you are memeing me.
>>43519244
Pretty much.
She is 30 days old
>>
I dunno, this quest could go places, anon trying to play a feMC that literally needs the cock to live.

I can see showdowns between anons who want to play pure girl trying to fight her addiction and those that just want to slut it up.
>>
>>43519272
>Pretty much
What has she been eating this whole time, what do you expect the MC to be eating during the quest?
>>
>>43519320
>What has she been eating this whole time,

Soylent Green dick
>>
File: avatar2.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
2 KB, 125x93
>>43511248
Sit tight anons, grab your SVDs, your x54r and a can of conserva and squat in the ready position! We'll soon carve ourselves a little slice of the Crimea
>>
>>43519320
>What has she been eating this whole time
The researchers gave her stuff without it because she wasn't supposed to live more than two months or so anyway.
The party will eat whatever food they can find.
>>
>>43519348
Like intentionally?

For what purpose, did they not care what she ate?
>>
>>43519291
inb4 Yurifag hijack anyway
>>
>>43519495
>>43519291
Didn't this scenario already happen in some succubus quest a while back? The MC was withering away and dying because /tg/ refused to have any sexual contact with a dude.
>>
>>43519548
I would not be surprised, /tg/ is very straight even when roleplaying
>>
Hey guys.
I have been wanting to make a Killzone Quest where you play as a Helghast, but it's set during/after Killzone Shadow Fall.
How do you think I should do this? I am very new at QMing.
>>
>>43519548
>The MC was withering away and dying because /tg/ refused to have any sexual contact with a dude.
Like they did this knowingly?
>>
>>43519750
Yes, plenty of lesbian relationships, but they refused to have sex with any guys despite the fact that the QM outright stated that doing so was how the MC sustained herself.
>>
>>43519581

Go for it. Here are some tips:

Don't give full players full control over character generation: give some basic trait options but nothing further. Get your first thread moving quickly.

Also you'd want to explain the setting a little, I'm not familiar with Killzone and likely other people haven't played the games either.
>>
>MiG QM said no sequel was planned
>guy who said he was making one never did
>tfw might have to do it myself

Which one would you be more interested in
>picking up right after MiG as the Penguin or Riddler's replacement
>Brock joins the Suicide Squad
>sequel in the Batman Beyond universe with Brock and Deula's kid
>>
>>43519117
You're just as likely to run into the opposite problem where some anon will immediately recognize the symptoms and use OOC knowledge to help her
>>
TempDM if your out there your doppelgänger quest was awesome
>>
>>43519291
>implying it wouldn't just lead to a shota harem
>>
>>43519864
>OOC knowledge to help her
That's what I am hoping for. The anons are quite literally voices in the characters' heads that they were told to ignore.
>>
>>43519883
>shota
>implying their semen has enough manly energy to feed a succubutt
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.