[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doublecross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: Doublecross.jpg (390 KB, 669x1016) Image search: [Google]
Doublecross.jpg
390 KB, 669x1016
So I've been running this lately and I was wondering what is some of the more broken stuff just so I can avoid the players (probably accidentally) using it. On a similar note just how worth it are the Trait Loises, we haven't really used those much and at initial glance some of them seem really overpowered while others seem utterly underpowered.

Doublecross general too, I guess.
>>
The problem with double cross is it has A LOT of fluff, I kind of ignored Trait Loises as they were OP. Also angel halo is pretty OP is mixed with the shapeshifting one.
>>
>>43488340
>mixed with the shapeshifting one.
Chimaera or Exile?
>>
>>43489063
Exile. It boosts range for skills at already have a lot of range. making your character almost impossible to hit.
>>
Ouroboros is silly as shit, especially Heretical Law.
>>
Coming in here to ask for the PDFs of this games books. Anybody have them?
>>
>>43489259
Ouroboros is the syndrome that SCREAM "bullshit protag powers" so of course it's silly as shit.
>>
>>43488340
How come I can never find a physical copy of the core rulebook?
>>
>>43489656
It's order-only from Amazon or their website.
>>
>>43489259
>>43489329
Which one was Ouroboros? Was it the "I can copy any other power" strain?
>>
>>43489949
It does more but yes, it's that one.
>>
>>43488340
Trait Loises come at the cost of 'possibly losing your character if you backtrack horribly due to less actual loises' though, so there's that
>>
>>43489987
Except if you pick the one that is just a straight upgrade to an ordinary Lois.
>>
Is Doublecross a good game? Like, in general.
>>
>>43489777
They both say they're sold out.
Unless I'm retarded and you mean I'm supposed to contact Ver. Blue before buying it.
>>
>>43490383
Don't bother with a print copy.
There is only out-of-date errata for it and VBA has ignored any requests to update it, even though the PDF is up to date.

>>43490343
Define "good game".
Could be a lot better.
Could be a lot worse.
>>
>>43490563
That's a shame.
I'll just look for some printing service to make me a booklet out of the pdf I suppose.
>>
>>43490563
Can you post said PDF here? The request thread isn't cooperating.
>>
>>43490664
Booklet?
The core rulebook clocks in at 516 pages,
Granted, a good 100 pages are wasted on atrocious formatting and layout, but that does not change the fact that they're there.
>>
>>43490773
Oh, it wouldn't be ALL of the stuff.

I mean that I usually read the books, writing down what I find to be important, and then print those out or just have them open on my laptop when I'm running the game.

I just vastly prefer having a physical copy. They feel nice.
>>
>>43490723
Exceeds maximum filesize by 185.4 MB.
But Google usually cooperates just fine.
>>
>>43490343
Me and my group really love it!
>>
>>43490343
It suffer from being a very 'gamey' japanese tabletop RPG. On the flipside, it's a decent and enjoyable 'gamey' japanese tabletop RPG so it is what it is. Well that and desu the system seems simple enough that an experienced GM could probably 'patch' whatever issues he has with the game by himself.
>>
>>43489063
whats up guy
>>
>>43492191
How the fuck did a desu end in that sentence?!
>>
>>43492625
wordfilters
>>
So does anyone know if 'Ancient Renegade' is worth anything? Seems like losing bonus die versus slightly faster power level gain doesn't look like a fair trade.
>>
For those who have played, what did you play?
>>
>>43496799
Pure Chimera here. Maxed out Dragon Scales. If the GM didn't prepare for me specifically the entire thing was a cake walk
>>
>>43496799
played a Neumann crossed with a morpheous and Black Dog

pretty much was Chinese Electric Batman
>>
>>43496799
Neumann/Black Dog. Shooting both a railgun and a heavy-caliber sniper rifle at the same time is fun.
>>
>>43496928

Boy, that sounds fun.
>>
>>43496799
I'm playing an Ouroboros Purebreed. It's absurdly OP and I sorta feel ashamed for using it now. I really wasn't expecting it to be as powerfull as it is.
>>
>>43498208
It's really that powerful.
>>
>>43500394
Another player in that game: 18 fucking dice per attack is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>43503059
You don't need Ouroboros for that.
A Chimera Overed can easily match that.
And a Hanuman or Solaris Overed can any other strain exceed that power.
>>
>>43506781
*can make any other strain
>>
Been wanting to play double cross again for a while but can't get a group together.

I've taken to writing short stories about some of the characters I made.
>>
>>43496928
Get out of this thread Hugh.
>>
What kinds of things have people made Renegade Beings of so far in your games?
>>
>>43512213
Android clone of a dead girl. Came to life with a personality nothing like said girl.

Ancient Sumerian armor that possesses whoever wears it.

An Urban Legend of a vampire in an old castle come to life.
>>
>>43496928
But that's how every syndrome works. Whether you go dodge everything, block everything, buff everything, etc.

Shenanigans are the name of the game in DX
>>
Don't have the book, but but the hanuman strain has sound related abilities, right? I
Has anyone ever focused on that instead of the speed?
>>
>>43514131
In the current game I'm putting together, the Hanuman/Black Dog crossbreed is only planning on taking sound-oriented powers so that he can have a "thunder and lightning" theme.
>>
>>43514572
Nice
>>
Has anyone played a pure morpheus?
>>
>>43514696
I was going to have one in the game I'm currently planning, but the player had other obligations.
>>
>>43514696
I have, for a little bit. The game died before I could buy the power that gives me a mech.
>>
>>43506781
This. Even though I do 21d10+8 with any <RC> attack currently on my Ouroboros Purebreed (and also to dodge, both crit at 7). I r-really only made her t-t-that powerfull because I wanted to make sure I'd b-be of use...
>>
>>43517545
How much experience do you have that you can manage that many dice?
>>
I must be using an old edition or have missed a splatbook, because I had no clue that there were more than 13 Syndromes. Seeing how people are talking about Ouroboros, it's good I played vanilla with my group (and it was a blast - I can recommend the game to anyone who hasn't tried it, and it has the smoothest combat systems I've run).
Just so I'm on the same page as everyone else, can someone throw me the book that Ouroboros is in?
>>
>>43520447
Ouroboros is the only extra syndrome and is in the the Infinity Code book.
>>
>>43520447
It's in Infinity Codes, the latest release, and basically the entire point of the book.
I really wish it wasn't as overpowered, personally - I like the idea behind it (copying stuff and buffs/debuffs that you need to hit Overeds before they actually work), but every time it's mentioned it's alongside how overpowered it is.
>>
>>43520532
To put it in perspective, is it less, more or just as ridiculously broken as Iba Souichi?
>>
>>43520802
You mean the guy who, based on the fraction of his full statline we get clocks in at around 800 XP and the books says that's not even his full power? That's roughly more than six times the starting XP of a basic character.
>>
>>43520933
Alright, so it's not as bad as what we already have in canon. It's a different kind of bad, given, but it means I might finally have an excuse to pull in one of the greatest Canon Sues since Drizzt if someone playing an Ouroboros gets shirty.
>>
>>43521168
Well, the main difference is that you don't -play- Edgelord McMurder.
>>
On the subject of JRPGs, the Shinobigami kickstarter went live today (and is already fully funded). Looks pretty good.
>>
>>43521216
Unless you do because your GM is terrible.
>>
>>43521413
Fun fact: unless the super-early translation I saw was horribly wrong, it's possible to do the whole 'IT WAS ME, BARRY!' thing in Shinobigami, and retroactively be responsible for every horrible thing that happened to someone.
Or every good thing, if you desire.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.