[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nuffle loves you edition https://fumbbl.com/ http://bb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
>Nuffle loves you edition

https://fumbbl.com/

http://bbtactics.com/

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl
>>
any suggestions on names for a human team?
>>
>>43486049
body bags
>>
File: 1435201016987.png (280 KB, 363x738) Image search: [Google]
1435201016987.png
280 KB, 363x738
>>43486313
Hey now, human blitzers and linemen are solid.

>mfw punching a black orc's fucking head off on the first block of the game
>>
>Play 4 Gutter Runner Skaven Team
>Queue into orc team with no rerolls and a horrible team comp
>the guy is brand new and gets super unlocky, rolling double skulls on his blitz attempts and his troll refuses to do anything
>feel terrible for this guy and try to teach him a bit and tell him about the cKnoor guide.
>Meanwhile I need to level up my players so I can't take it easy on him
>give one of his players -1 strength since no appo
>5-0 score
Also I rolled a 10 on my Gutter Runner should I got +MV +AV or take a skill?
>>
How does one enjoy this game? I mean, I loved Chaos League but Blood Bowl struggles to keep me interested for one match.
>>
>>43486696
This game is many many many years old

>>43486393
That's nothing, first block of a league killed my witch elf once.
>>
>>43486525
>Also I rolled a 10 on my Gutter Runner should I got +MV +AV or take a skill?
+MV, max movement is amazing, and you can continue him down the path of the one turn touchdown.
>>
>>43486313

>implying human teams are bad

I understand you've never seen a mid or high end human team before?
>>
>>43488269
Humans are probably one of the most undervalued teams out there. Probably because they aren't outstanding or flashy and people just prefer to play with teams that have the flash-factor.
>>
>>43486525
Always +MV, on gutter runners you can eventually get 1 turn tds
>>
How the fuck do you retire a Team in FUMMBL? I never did this, so I have no idea. I just made one to show a buddy of mine the game and I don't want to keep a team that essentially played a rigged game.
>>
>>43488787
Trying to play one myself currently.

I find the best match up is against something like dark or high elves and bretonnians.
>>
>>43490305

Make sure you play in test mode, (look at the FAQ, I think you put test:gamename) in the client. The mods don't like people doing that sort of thing in places that affect your CR.

Though to answer your question, Retire Team is a button at the bottom of your team's roster page, below their Win/Loss record
>>
>>43490495
>>43490495
>The mods don't like people doing that sort of thing in places that affect your CR.
Well, too late for that. It was a Draw anyway, and what are they going to do? Ban the account? Good fucking luck, I mage it a few days ago and there's nothing of value on it.
Can't find the bloody button either.
>>
>>43490674

You should be alright then if it was a draw. I think it's only when you make it obvious with a 6-0 win that they notice. Not that it's the end of the world.

I think you might have to make your team Ready to Play again to retire them.
>>
>>43490766
I sent a ticket, because I didn't find jack shit about retiring in anywhere, so they are bound to know. Either way, I don't really care, I'd just make a new account of they get too pissy.
>>
>>43490843
Well, nevermind, problem already resolved. Quick and reasonable, that's unusual for shit on the internet.
>>
>>43486696

A nice strong dose of anti-pleb medication should help.
>>
File: victorydance.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
victorydance.gif
2 MB, 320x180
bump
>>
>Used to being a high/dark elf authority
>play orcs
>holy shit this is way less frustrating, I can beat people up easy
>then I play against stunties
>realize that while most speedy teams can make quick sp and thus get skills quick, bashy teams can't do it as fast
>realize that when you actually have a choice of strength skills, tackle takes a while to get
>realize what "elf bullshit means"
>also realize high elves are fucking heroic as shit with only 2 people who can really "fight"

I get it now, but even still blodge and elves aren't the boogie men of the game. Chaos must be a bitch to begin with, as you have no skills
>>
>>43495398
I suffered for like 14 games with chaos before I could injure half of their team off the pitch. It's worth it
>>
File: 1345269259272.jpg (80 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1345269259272.jpg
80 KB, 873x627
>>43495398
>that image
>Dong status: Revengance Expansion Pack
>notice the number on the blonde
>sides go out of orbit

Its funny how beastmen are both the most unsettingly faction in fantasy and yet can be the most arousing...
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-06+at+05.18.12).png (636 KB, 927x311) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-06+at+05.18.12).png
636 KB, 927x311
>>43495576
well they're certainly a bit more presentable than the classic interpretation of slanneshi beastmen but I wouldn't go that far.
>>
>>43495672
Well I mean they would make them like that pic if they had better scupts back in the 80s...
>>
>>43488787
The challenge that human teams face is that their average stats and typical skills access makes them enablers for the other team's coach.

What I mean by that is they are easiest to beat just by playing your own team to their own natural strengths - ie: the way you ideally want to play with your team anyway. So Elves can out-pass them, Dark elves can run around them, chaos can out-kill them. Even stunty teams will have fun dodging through their legs and fouling them up.

One of the challenges of Bloodbowl is learning how to mix and match tactics so that your team roster's strengths will not be nullified by your opponent's defences. Humans find it difficult to negate any team's primary strategy, which is why they can be tough, reliable ball handlers, but will usually under-perform at any team value.
>>
>>43497096
hand sculpted 80s lead models > CAD injection mould plastics >>>>>>>> your mum
>>
>>43486830
You want "that's nothing" huh? How about "first block of the game killed my Beast of Nurgle, and it was a stunty blocking it, too"?
>>
>>43498347
>will usually under-perform at any team value
They're quite good at low TVs and become progressively worse just like Zons.
In the beginning, most teams that will at some point outperform Humans at their given style of play don't have enough skills to really do so, so the Humans' cheap RRs and full set of skills plays a proportionally greater role. Also, at first the average statlines won't be as bad as against developed teams.
>>
>>43498781
Thats nothing, when I was new to BB, throw first block of the game with Kroxigor, roll double both down, nope, re-roll, loner passes, re-roll into dub skull. Armor break, Injury, Krox kills itself. No apo cause it was my first game with the team.
>>
>>43498876
Welcome to Blood Bowl - Remember you're here forever
>>
Why the fuck would you start your turn with your big guy if he doesn't even have block, looks to me like you were just asking to get fucked
>>
>>43498897
I was new to the game. Like I said, noobs make noob mistakes. I've learned a lot since then, or atleast I hope so since I've been playing since Legendary Edition and Chaos Edition.

I know that makes me a noob still to most people, but for the most part I try to manage my risks.

>Tfw Nuffle still gives you games where you roll 1/36s every turn.
>>
Why are Lizardmen so mediocre?

I'm trying to forge a decent Lizard team but its hard going.
>>
>>43499117
Because you're bad?

Lizardmen are one of the few teams you could make a strong case for being overpowered.

6 players above ST3 is abnormally strong.

Any players with MA6 and ST4 is abnormally fast.

Access to MA8 players puts them in the top 4 fastest teams.

I tend to disagree with anyone who says AG1 balances this out, because it doesn't really. The difference between AG1 and AG2 is minimal in terms of how it affects your play style, compared to the difference between AG3 and AG2.

With AG 3 you will be a proficient ball handler, and if pressed will take a dodge roll.

Whereas at AG 2 you are going to assume you will fail at both, and adjust your strategy accordingly. Which means you play like an AG1 side anyway.

So really, lizards are easy. They are comparable to an Ogre tram in their split big guy/stunty lineup. But an Ogre team with all the nega-traits taken out.

Personally I wished they had swapped statlines, so that regular line ogres were ST4 and basically saurii, and snotlings were like skinks. Ogres are an old school Bloodbowling race, whereas lizard fluff is just crap.
>>
>>43499226
People need to stop whining about lizardmen,they are good and easy to use,but they can be countered,stop it
>>
>>43499930
Where's the whining? That post made a lot of valid points about the roster. Just look at the statline and see how so many official tournaments always have lizardmen among the top placed two or three teams. There is not really any discussion to be had ovber whether lizardmen are a team that is easy to play.
>>
Can you guys help me, I'm looking for introductory dark elf strategies, and basically intro plays in general, for all the games I've played I only recently learned about chain pushes into crazy touchdowns and stuff and really I need to learn how to set that up.

When I play against the AI it's pretty much just cagey grinding into 2-1s or 1-0s

I checked the tactics site but it's very incomplete, very empty.
>>
>>43500600
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/Woodelf2.pdf
this one of the best introductory I read it's for wood elves but many of the tactics are for all elf teams.
>>
So if I like Blood Bowl 1 should I purchase Blood Bowl 2? It's on sale right now I know it has less races right now. I suppose I could wait for winter sale but could it really go much lower? It did just release
>>
>>43500966
Just do it, it's not perfect, but it's pretty fun. That's all that really matters in my opinion.
>>
>>43501017
I noticed the ui is a lot better too. That really draws me in.

I probably wont mind paying for more races.

Also anyone watching the crendorian league?

Fucking little skittles. I hope to god Jesse Cox manages to kill Skittles just for the upset that would be
>>
>>43501041
The ui is one of the best parts, considering how cheap it is now I'd say go for it.
>>
>>43500966
Its on sale? go for it
Limited races but its prettier
>>
>>43500966
> know it has less races right now.
FEWER.

If you want to know if BB2 is worth buying simply look at the current price, and see if that price is what you would pay for a graphics upgrade for a game you already owned. Then ask yourself if you would still pay that much for that graphics update if it resulted in 2/3rds of the in-game content becoming locked after you upgraded.

The answer's No, isn't it?
>>
>>43501131
Yeah its 30% off ends in 3 hours
>>
>>43501149
Go for it anon, or do I have to post the Beouf?
>>
>>43501226
The what?
>>
>>43501230
shia la beouf, the man, the meme, the legend
>>
>>43495328

Is that the fouling animation for a Rat Ogre?

Why would anyone ever use a Rat Ogre for fouling anyways?
>>
>>43501803
To see the little rat on his back wave a flag
Worth it even if he is removed
>>
>>43501819

I think the rat dance is the scoring animation, which while also ridiculous is more plausible as happening, because if a game of hot potato breaks out and the ball ends up in the Rat Ogre's hands you may as well go for the score with him.

But I'm talking about the bit at the beginning of the .gif where he's just mauling someone on the ground, which as I said begs the question - who would ever foul with a Rat Ogre (or any other big guy)?
>>
>>43501913
well with trees if they get rooted they can still foul right?

So if you had a rooted tree with no block options why not take the risk? (answer because if you get caught you lose the game)
>>
>>43498886
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie..."

When your guy gee eff eye falls down and dies, that's blood bowl
>>
>>43501913
>who would ever foul with a Rat Ogre (or any other big guy)?
beacause the deathroller has dirty player?
>>
File: Necromantic-Team.jpg (464 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Necromantic-Team.jpg
464 KB, 640x640
I am going to buy this Necro team
>>
>>43502479
how much?
>>
>>43502479
>those look great
>look where their from
>no high elves
fuck, who makes good HE bloodbowl teams?
>>
>>43502597
friends don't let friends play HE
>>
>>43502592
99,95€
>>
>>43502712
mmmmmmm I'm out
>>
>>43502712
whole lotta quid
>>
>>43502735
I think it is reasonable.
>>
>>43502712
That's like more than three times BB2 on sale :^)
>>
>>43502830
hahaha, cheeky asshole
>>
Are there any stand-out, go-to options for new players and leagues in BB2?
And do we have an organised rather than perpetual vs randoms one of 'our' (where our = /tg/ and other 4chan inhabitants) own?
>>
So if cyanide gets up off their ass and shoves out a new race or 2 in the next month what do you want to see /tg/?
>>
>>43505377
Amazons.

Yeah they're shit in the long game but damn it, I enjoy them.

Norse.
Might as well have the counterpart team.
>>
>>43504796
NAF is the basic everyone league created by cyanide
The skittles league is alright, lots of interested people but kinda noobie
Mr. Hadwich Invitational is cKnoor's community, lots of advance teams but not great for learning. My 1000TV skavens were paired up against 2000TV chaos their first game.
>>
>>43505377
Any of the Undead teams
>>
The Blood Bowl World Cup is on right now in Italy. Looks a lot of fun, I find the BB crowd a lot less autismal then 40k tournament types.
>>
>>43505377
Norse, Necromantic, Amazons
>>
File: humanteamlr.jpg (43 KB, 600x220) Image search: [Google]
humanteamlr.jpg
43 KB, 600x220
>>43502597

Black Scorpion has pretty nice Elf team, though for high elves I actually think their human team looks pretty fitting. Cheap too compared to others at £22 for me whole team.
>>
>>43505805
That's a good price, I might have to get me some minis from here

I wish they had cheerleaders though, I could use some more cheesecake
>>
>>43505377
Vampires, Ogres and Halflings
>>
>>43505805
11 models isn't a whole team its a minimum sized team. Good price either way though.
>>
>>43505620
Is there a way to watch it live?will it be uploaded on youtube?
>>
>>43501041
Jesse needs to kill Lil Skittles and well see the revenge of jr. It's going to be glorious
>>
>>43505620
On how? As in tabletop with streams? Or just "This is going on right now, some people are playing somewhere" on?
>>
>>43495398
I-I want to cum inside a beastwoman...
>>
File: Worldcup.jpg (54 KB, 748x432) Image search: [Google]
Worldcup.jpg
54 KB, 748x432
>For this Worldcup in Lucca we've worked hard to 250% of our possibilities and we hope that you will appreciate the result!

>As you know, 1000 teams were created specifically for this event, and each participant will have his own. In any team there will be all different models, all in high definition, starting from the concept up to the professional final sculpture really detailed.

I am kind of jealous
>>
>>43508318
Oh god,lucca is so near and yet so far
>>
>>43508318
Holy shit, really? That's at least 11000 models. That seems pretty unlikely. I'm not sure Geedubya has 11000 individual models on sale.
>>
>>43504796
Mr. Hadwich is the best, but it is hard to get a match and when you do it is never a fair tv one. All the rest of the leagues people quit and everyone plays chaos or lizardmen
>>
>>43505432
>My 1000TV skavens were paired up against 2000TV chaos their first game.

Fuck that's just mean.
>>
>>43508687
>chaos or lizardmen
Sounds like Skaven Country, then

>Go ahead, kill my linerats. As if I give a fuck.
>Now it's Dodge City, and I'll even catch your fucking skinks.
>>
>>43505620
When your best guys can die randomly immediately, you tend to stop giving a shit about winning
>>
>>43505432
>>43508741
Is Chaos particularly powerful at low level?
>>
>>43509122

This. Blood Bowl is unpredictable and has a high luck factor, and that makes it more unappealing to WAACfags.
>>
>>43508656
1000 teams of 11 individual models. 11 unique sculpts.
>>
>>43509173
Not really due to a lack of skills early on.
>>
>>43509173
A 2000 point chaos team is not low level

Chaos is weak at low level, and it's a struggle to get block skills and et cetera, but once you get a strong chaos team you start KILLING people.

Like a 1400+ chaos team will be trying to maim and murder everyone

A skaven team will be maimed and murdered
>>
>>43509173
One of the worst bashy teams at low level due to having no ball carriers, only 4 4 ST guys and no block. But they are one of the few teams who can get claws so at high TV they can out bash pretty much anyone
>>
>>43509173

No, they're actually mediocre at low level. They aren't very fast, aren't the toughest of the bashy teams and don't have any skills.

Compare the rookie players to Orcs - Orcs are tougher overall, get a Thrower as ball carrier with Sure Hands and get four Blizters with Block. Chaos are a bit faster but that's it.

Chaos start getting quite good at around 1500 TV, start getting brutal at 1750, and are beasts at 2000+ TV.
>>
>>43509249
>A skaven team will be maimed and murdered
If they are ClawPOMBing, now particularly worse than anyone else, and your rats are way more expendable than most team's players.
Being Elf in Chaos Country is a nightmare. Yes, you'll win, but at what cost?
>>
>>43509285
>Chaos are a bit faster but that's it.

Actually to add to this, Chaos Warriors are easier to score with than Black Orcs so they tend to level up faster.
>>
>>43509354
but it's 1000tv skaven
>>
>>43509354

It's funny to look at these old FUMBBL black box stats for Elves and Chaos over 2000 TV.

>http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/stats.html
>(set lower filter for 2000, higher for 10000)

Chaos are the most popular team and have a huge win ratio. Elves have an even higher win ratio - but there are hardly any of them. The way I read between the lines is this: a few Elf coaches with a lot of skill and luck are managing to struggle up through Chaos Country and get their heads above the cloud tops at 2000+ TV. They play a few games out in the sun, winning most of them, but they don't stay up there long because they get battered so hard and lose their high TV players.
>>
>>43509405
At 1000 TV vs 2000 TV ANY team will lose and get brutalized, unless the Chaos Player is completely braindead and get's fucked by the dice.

>>43509437
Which goes to show that perpetual leagues are stupid and the game just isn't balanced for that. There really should be something in the game that can break Chaos Supremacy, because "Winning the game, but losing the team" is no fucking solution.
>>
>>43509543
>>43509437
>ftw the chaos playbook still bitches about "elves ruling the pitch" http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/playbooks/ChaosConsumeUs.6213.pdf
>>
>>43510827
Elves DO rule the pitch, however, in an infinite league Chaos will kill and grind out all the other teams.

If you have a shorter leagues/tournies with fresh teams and ending around 2k you'll have a good season/tourney

THEN YOU END THE LEAGUE AND RETIRE EVERYTHING
>>
>>43486049
Der Schussstaffel
>>
>>43511703
Is there anything high tier chaos loses too?
>>
>>43514230
Elves, but the damage they do to them is lasting
>>
>>43514230
They don't WIN necessarily, you'll still lose to really good elf players, but chances are you'll kill one or two of their guys, which will tank their TV and then they lose etc etc.

It's not about "winning" it's about grinding out other teams.

You're impossible to kill and you WILL kill some of their guys at 2ktv

You'll lose games still against good plays by 2k tv teams, but you'll knock them down TV, you understand now?

The "best" teams end up as necro/undead/chaos/high elf/wood elf/dwarf (no particular order) because the non elfs DON'T DIE
>>
>>43514288
Knife ears just killed my mino. I can't think of a greater shame for a minotaur. High elfs to boot.
>>
>>43516002
>High elfs to boot.
Thats an honor
Wood Elves are the biggest shame next to halfings
>>
Why is lil skittles so perfect?
>>
>>43514288
That's bullshit last time I played in Mr. Hadwick Invitation versus Chaos I murdered 4 Level 7 Chaos players he didn't even scratch one of my Orcs. Also as an Elf you give your opponent those level 1 linemen to killed not your important players if you cannot do that then you are playing wrong.
>>
>>43516681
Sounds like nuffle just fucked with the chaos player. Orcs can get rekt pretty hard. Those three you put on the line especially.
>>
>>43516784
not really I bought 3 Bribes for my 2 dirty player and my most important players have fend. You should have seen him how afraid he was to use piling on.
>>
>>43516823
Interesting. I underutilise fouling and fend, maybe I am missing out.
>>
>>43516842
Most people undervalue fouling.
>>
>>43516908
fouling feels like a dick move, which is why I don't put effort into it. But maybe I should
>>
>>43516947
>fouling feels like a dick move
why? It's a normal action in the game and mostly the way for a low level tv team to beat a high level tv team.
Also if I know that you will not foul. Then I will do much more riskier(like moving my Wardancer alone into your pitch half not riskier in terms of dice rolling,) stuff than I would do when you do foul.
>>
>>43516998
It feels salty as fuck i dunno. But like I said I think I should.

I mostly didn't do it cause no spp
>>
>>43516947

>fouling feels like a dick move

Trust me, it really isn't.

Think of it as a free armour roll with a slight risk. A foul that even just stuns someone who could have caught up to your runner can change a game massively.
>>
>>43517038
Fouling is like the best way to remove things like war dancers, skinks, and gutter runners. If someone of value is on the ground you can bet I'm going to gang foul him
>>
>>43517160
>>43517171
next game i will foul with no shame.
>>
So what's the general strategy when playing as skaven? Especially against bashy teams I feel like I don't have enough guys to break a hole for the gutter runner to get thourgh, especially against bashy teams since they just base all my players and it's not like you can just dodge like elves. And dodging through 2 or more tackle zones with the gutter runners is not always working since if they are left alone they are just going to get blitzed and generally ganged on. Defending is even hard as it's just a stall for the enemy team until enough rats die and they can just walk through to the endzone. Any suggestions? I feel like I don't understand the team as much as I should.
>>
>>43517591
that's hard to explain because as skaven you do different things depending what your opponent is doing. The general strategy is to run and do touchdowns nothing else. Also you don't care about linerats at all. They are ugly and probably carry diseases
>>
>>43517967
Although Skaven can score anytime with ease
, managing the clock and stalling till turn 8 to score is a
lot harder than a quick score, so trying to get the game won in the first half alleviates a lot of pressure
from you in the second half. If you opt to kick first then successfully get the ball off
your opponent and
score to make the score 1
-
0 at half time with you receiving
in the second half
then you can just score
your quick touch down to make it 2
-
0 and the game is over by the second turn in the second half.
Then you just need to run down the cl
ock while you opponent is trying to pull one back and you may
be able to get a few more touchdowns as your opponent tries increasingly risky plays in order to tie
the game.
>>
Holy shit, the matchmaking in BB2 is utter horseshit.
>Make new Skaven Team
>Get matched up against TV 1500 Dark Elves

Inducements aren't going to help shit there.
>>
>>43518031
Did 4 of your players just get piled on by lvl 5 lizardmen on turn 4 and got injured? Don't worry you can have all those star players that will steal your MVPs and generally all the SPP instead!
>>
>>43485919
Is the game good? /v/ says it's horseshit
>>
>>43518031
you are skaven you can always win.
>>43518072
/v/ is an idiot
>>
Bugman seller, I am going into battle and need your strongest Bugman.

Going in as my first match as humans vs orcs in a league soon. What kind of tactics should I use against him? I reckon I want to avoid getting my players tied down by too many of his players, and attempt a running game? I have an ogre and he has a troll, but I'll probably be able to get Mighty Zug via inductment(either that or a reroll/apoth + wizard)
>>
>>43518201
How do you get so much inducement money if it's the first match of the league? The team values should be about equal unless it's not fresh teams in which case what the hell.
>>
>>43518277

It's not the first match. I'm a substitute player mid-season. Orc team is about TV 1200 which makes me want to cry, and I don't even have an apoth.
>>
>>43518283
You should look for weak links in their defence, focus on that place and run the fuck away. If they have a troll they probably have some goblins too so one way might be to attack them with your blitzers first turn. If you started with a catcher you want to run through and score in a few turns and then throw people on the defence in the next drive because orcs can't score really fast. If you have no catcher then use your blitzers to make a cage on the opponents weaker side of the pitch and slowly push your way through. Making sure the Black Orcs are busy at the LoS will help. You keep moving bit by bit until you find an opening and run it in with a blitzer or whoever's got the opportunity. The later you score the easier it'll be for you to defend for the rest of the half.
>>
>>43507531
With High Elf prices is's a full team allright,
>>
>>43518201

I got your reference you sly little shit
Don't think you can hide from me
>>
>Spend years playing Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, and Orcs
>Love the feel of Bashy teams but always wind up building players to be better at Running, Dodging, Ball Handling
>Finally make a Lizardman team
>That feel of having 7 St4+ pieces on the pitch
>That feel of reliably doing a 1 Turn TD off a blitz or a 2 Turn TD off my start

I should have expanded my horizons for teams long ago.

Thinking of making a D.elf team now, it feels like I've been living in a box for years of bash.
>>
>>43518473
Good for you!

The preponderance of bashy teams is a little sad. I'm always happy to see High/Dark Elves or Humans in a league.
>>
>>43518473
Lizardmen and Chaos Dwarfs are both good at a balanced game with solid bashers and affordable ball carriers.
>>
Holy shit why do I have to roll 11 on lvl ups when it's a fucking peasant? Worse than a normal roll because of the regret.
>>
>>43518201
Don't buy Mighty Zug. Your opponent is bashier than you. You should do the opposite and try to be the agile passing team. So if you can get Griff Oberwald or if you don't have the money get a Wizard with Bloodweiser Babes. How many catchers do you have?
>>
>>43518399
While I don't complain about an 11 elf team for he but as a rule you want at least 1 spare, as 8av will likely have a knockout or two
>>
>>43518345
>>43518782

I did get Zug and played the match. Didn't have any catchers because I went with a 3RR, Ogre, 4 blitzers and thrower start for 970TV. Wouldn't have been able to play a throwing game without at least one catcher.

Zug was invaluable to me, since he could solo smack black orcs around, and even take down the troll with an assist. Match ended in 2-0 to me. No big damages minus -1AV on my thrower, which kinda sucks but I'm happy it wasn't worse. Next game gonna be hard without the thrower available.

A great start for Injuries Inc
>>
is this game worth the money? I hear they actually RETRACTED FEATURES from the first one. We are tlaking about blood bowl 2 right? I have never played either of them.
>>
>>43519194
They are fixing many of their fuckups next patch.
>>
>>43519194
Is it still on sale?
If not, no.
If yes, then probably.
>>
Rolled 6, 5 = 11 (2d6)

Forgot to roll lvl to my High elf catcher. ill do it here. dice+2d6
>>
>>43517228
George pls no
>>
>>43519194

What features? Races for sure, but animations, skins etc are higher quality so I couldn't possibly expect them to squeeze in all the races they fit into Chaos Edition.

Other than that its a pretty solid and fun representation of the boardgame. More races will likely come, but probs as DLC which is kinda gonna suck.
>>
>>43520230
I personally hate the way you can "customize" your team

I was expecting more than bb1 but instead now can't even chose the exact colour
>>
So thanks to this thread I've finally tried out blood bowl, the vidya. It's definitely fun, but I have some issues. And yes I have looked at the manual as well as the fairly ass tutorial.
Biggest is that I'm playing skaven because they're fun. Came up against Khemri in my second match of campaign. Is there anything at all I can do to get the ballo off them? Tomb Guardian got ball, got backed up by friends, and after that I couldn't do anything except watch skaven explode. Is there something I'm missing on how to deal with big guys with the ball and backup?
>>
>>43520980
Also, Blood Bowl 1, not 2. Although presumably Classic rules are the same either way.
>>
>>43520449

I wish there would be more customization for all teams, as well as the armor growing more impressive as they level up, so you can more easily distinguish high SPP players.

This is the shit people paint custom miniatures for in the boardgame, a videogame should have problem implementing little details like this.
>>
>>43520980
First thing is not giving random free blocks,so don't go end your turn with too many people in contact.usually your ball strippers are gutters,even with two negative dices it's not too bad.if you just can't get a decent blitz on the ball,just slow them down,this works even better on a carrier big guy,because he is slow and passing or handing off will be a risk on khemris and to a lesser exfent anyone else too.
This is a more in depth guide http://bbtactics.com/cage-breaking/
>>
>>43521296
Thank you muchly. Followed the advice, I think, and forced an ogre team to run through tackle zones and supported blockers - didn't realise I couldn't support if support player is in another block zone until now - until I finally got the ball carrier so stuck he had to pass. And failed horribly, letting me turn it around for a 2-0 win.
I know ogres are a bad team but I'm still proud for finally winning properly. Helped that one ogre turn had most of the team suffer from bone head though.
>>
>>43522487
Make sure you're checking what opposition players have tackle and guard, those two will really work against you. Especially tackle, but guard just means they have an even easier time of punching your rats down.
>>
>>43520980

If you find yourself in this situation when against a human coach, just start wrecking his other players and don't try to slow down the Tomb Guardian. Drag down and foul the other TGs and Skeletons to persuade the other player that he needs to score *now*; because he's surrounded his ball carrier with a cage, you'll outnumber him elsewhere on the pitch.

Once they score, they have to pass to you; score as quickly as you can in that half, a couple of downed enemies will help with this. Second half, assuming they received in the first round, you'll start with the ball; score as close to Turn 8 as you can and hopefully you'll come out with a 2-1 win.
>>
tfw playing humans vs dark elves in a blizzard, have a 0-0 tie the entire match due to a comedy of errors, including myself rolling double-skulls 6 times in the match, somehow injure no-one on either side and then for the last action of the game: fail to get the one go-for-it needed to score and win.

I'll still take it over 3+ deaths and injuries any day.
>>
>>43525414
I wonder what went through the heads of the players on that day.
90 minutes completely wasted, no touchdowns, no one kicked in the face properly, no nothing. At least the audience probably couldn't see shit, thanks to the snow.
>>
Just played a guy who had an orc team with

1 troll
4 black orc
1 blitzer
2 throwers
4 gobbos

So a pseudo lizardmen team But the lack of speed really hurt him
>>
That was painful to play. New player from earlier. Lost against high elf team after my luck got truly comical, like two attacker down dice rerolling into two attacker down dice. Or fumbling the ball when handing it directly between two players on very last turn when I'd set up a plan to even the score.
>>
Just played a game vs a rookie chaos killer team. He managed to injure only one of my wood elves, which I apo'd into nothing. He had 4 Chaos warriors, a Mino and 1 reroll. I rolled like shit all game. Like I must have rolled a dozen 1s on dodges passes catches or GFIs. So the game ended 0-0
>>
>>43528804

Oh and only made 3000 gold and the mvp went to the loner player that I didn't have the cash to keep anyway
>>
>>43528804
Chaos players, I don't think a lot of them go in understanding just how much of an arse they are to play at the start and don't do anything to mitigate it, overloading instead on power pieces like the warriors and minotaur.

Typically with low rerolls and no skills, they're harder to play than basic humans because at least basic humans get some blitzers with block and someone who can pick up the ball.
>>
>>43525478
The Audience was likely loving every minute of it.

Think of it as watching the three stooges, only someone might die for real. It's not important that someone does, but just watching two groups of people fail at everything they do would be worth the admission alone.
>>
>>43529116
The only real advantage Chaos has early is their st4 warriors. Which isn't a real advantage against humans as they can have an ogre tie up at least one or two warriors the whole game.
>>
>>43531095
Ain't that how it is with everyone in the game though. That ain't that great against humans? Isn't that the point of humans to be the strong middle ground
>>
>>43531449
Early humans gets shit on by early dwarf, early orc and early elf. And lizard, but early lizard shits on everyone
>>
Idea for a balancing house rule, without nerfing Clapileomblock: If a team wins the game, they are allowed to re-roll injuries for one or more of the players that were injured beyond "badly hurt" and "miss next game"
>>
>>43533191
No. Injuries are a major balancing factor to keeping teams from becoming too powerful, giving powerful teams a way to avoid them is not the answer.
>>
>>43531526
Even CD?
>>
>>43536007
I'm not that familiar with Chaos Dorfs, but they're somewhat similar to lizards in how they function. So I'd assume similar difficulties and strengths.
>>
>>43536055
Well their strength comes from their Linemen/blockers having blocks and tackle from the get go, makinh life hard on skinks and other dodgy sorts, Only s3 though.

And they have the excellent Bull centaur,, exposed as the best units in BB; fast, tough, with double GFI + rerolls, S4, 02 limit and no loner or stupidity.

On the negative Hobgoblins only redeeming quality is being cheap AG3 in a expensive AG2 team, no skills or nothin'.
>>
>>43536130
I thought war dancers were the best unit in the game?
>>
>>43536148
Wardancers are better out of the box, but they are vulnerable to bullying whereas BC's have a lot of staying power and can easily advance into a absolute beast of Big-guy proportions.

Bullcentaurs
0-2 limit
Move: 6
Agility: 2
Strength: 4
Armor: 9
Skills: Sprint
Sure Feet
Thick Skull.

Mutation/Strenght advancement
>>
>>43536191
They have mutation out of the box? damn
>>
>>43536224
IIRC.
My last TT team ended up a absolute brute of a team, rolled str advances on 3 of my linemen.
S4 block, tackle, thick skull guard linemen.

If i got the ball they'd just let me walk in with it, if they didn't it'd usually cost them 2-3 players.

The amazon player in particular had a bad day against me, went from dominating everyone else to having 4 dead, 3 injured and the rest KO, by first half.

Of course that was after my initial bad luck, of losing *both* Bullcentaurs to a failed GFI and broken neck in my first game.
>>
I really wish we could have had at least one gimmick team in BB2 out of the gate.

I want to run a bad Vampire team at least... Now I bet they are going to be so low priority we won't see them for years.
>>
>>43495398
It's key to note that the team rosters are best balanced around a fixed-length league usually meeting a few times a week, not a perpetual league with multiple matches every day.
>>
>>43500600
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6DarkElfStrategy

Dark Elves boil down to two main approaches - the classic elfy pass play where you cage up on your side and flood the other side with potential catchers. This is a little riskier as Dark Elves have no natural catchers, but Witches with Jump Up are very hard to keep out as a scoring threat. The other option is to do a loose cage with screens of overlapping TZs and run the ball up.

In practice you'll find often you have to transition between one or another as the dice fall - Dark Elves really play like AG4 humans for the most part, and thus benefit from versatile approaches.

On defence, the typical focus on screening and stealing also applies, but note that your linemen are AV8. This means unlike Wood Elves you actually can man-mark opponents with some effectiveness. You don't want to do it unless really necessary (Linemen are not cheap), but you can actually risk staying in contact with say, a Saurus or Black Orc to keep them tied up.
>>
>>43516947
Plan your fouls and injury rolls with the possibility of "just stuns" in mind - think of a foul attempt as a chance to keep the player down for one extra turn. Stuns aren't nearly as exciting as KOs or injuries, but keeping a key player out (a high ST blocker, a strip baller, or a tackle blitzer, for example) for an extra turn can sometimes make an enormous difference.
>>
>>43519194
Depends on how much you value pretty graphics and animations. In terms of gameplay implementation, the ability to run on a toaster, and price point FUMBBL is still the "best" online Blood Bowl client (hard to beat "free"), but Blood Bowl 2 looks considerably better.
>>
I just got BB:Chaos Edition, any good leagues you guys could recommend?
>>
>>43537292
fol and occ
>>
>>43537340
thanks
>>
>>43536224
>>43536283
Centaurs have general/strength access. Pass/Ag on doubles. No mutations at all.

Wardancers are the best single players.
>>
>>43536368
Think the reason they didn't do that is because they are aiming for newbies/casuals and console gamers (three ways of saying the same thing, AMIRITE GUYS?) and I guess they think if a new player builds a vamps team without knowing what that means, they will lose their first ten games and never play BB again.
>>
>>43537652
Who cares? once the game is sold, the players don't matter.
>>
>>43537652
I guess that makes sense. Looking at the teams available, while they have weaknesses, none of them are trap choices.

Can you imagine someone making a Halfling team for their first team?

The true goof squads, Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, I wonder how long they will take to get in. At least Vampires could be seen as a sort of 'advanced' team, edging closer to being like Lizardmen.

I'm guessing then that the first DLC we are likely to see would be Norse and Amazons then.

Also, have Bretonians always been a thing in the Living Rulebook? Or is that something recent, or something only in BB2?

I used to play on fumbbl eons ago, and then I moved to playing Blood Bowl 1, and I don't remember them being a team then.
>>
>>43537785
>Can you imagine someone making a Halfling team for their first team?

I did, won my first match 4-0
>>
>>43538044
Nuffle favours the bold, anon.
>>
>>43537785
>Also, have Bretonians always been a thing in the Living Rulebook
They are a BB2 thing. In and themselves, they aren't a bad idea. A team with mass fend would be great, simply to fuck up Chaos on high TV, but the execution is pretty shitty.

I really fucking hope they actually split Block in Defensive and Offensive in the next iteration of the CRB. It know Block is the fucking holy cow of Blood Bowl, but splitting it would solve so many fucking problems.
>>
>>43538245
Splitting Block seems strange to me as teams who start with a blitzer would either get 1/2 of the set, at which point they would probably grab the other half for first L.Up, or they would start with both skills and teams like Chaos and Lizards would suffer. Not to mention any team that benefits a reliable Big guy who rolled dubs like Skaven or Halflings.
>>
>when you're in a hurry but merciful nuffle gives you double skulls/both down on your first and second block every other turn so you can finish faster
>>
>>43536055
>I'm not that familiar with Chaos Dorfs, but they're somewhat similar to lizards in how they function.

Thy're completely different in every way and if that isn't completely obvious to you then you shouldn't be giving out advice

The mere fact that you're not familiar with them means you must be vey new to the game yourself

>>43531095
>ogre tie up at least one or two warriors the whole game.

just no, what the hell are you talking about

the ogre will bonehead or otherwise fuck up a block at some point, or the warriors will dodge away or just block it down

you can't tie down ag3 st4 pieces like you can flesh golems, sauruses, black orcs and the like
>>
>>43538749
Well not completely different, they are also a "split" team.

Bashers that can't look at a ball without a turnover and runts that can tough the balls, but fall over when someone touches them in turn.
>>
>>43538572
>like Chaos and Lizards would suffer.
so lizards a already top team under the teams becomes worse? The humanity.
>>
>>43538826
so like Dwarves Ogre Halflings and Goblins?
>>
>>43538884
Like ogres as well yes.

Dwarves don't have halv their twma fall over at a hard glance.
Halflins and goblins arent' even close to a even split between handlers and bashers.
>>
>>43538572
Nerfing certain teams is entirely the point of splitting up Block.
Most team's blitzers schould get either the agressive, or the defensive half. Certain teams could get both, as a buff to the team.
Blodge is pretty much the best combination in the game and takan ASAP once available, outside of a few fringe cases like skilling up a lineman kicker or something. That's just not healthy for the game. There is literally no downside to taking Block and two teams with full Blodge is a fuckfest in and itself.
If you had to decide wether you wanted a stronger offense or defense, you'd have to make tactical picks AND top end TV bash teams would get nerf'd, since they'd either have survivability, or the ability to hit hard.
>>
What the fuck does "split block" mean? If you mean you wouldn't be able to use it when getting hit then I would say there's already a skill for that - it's called Wrestle.

I'd also say that lizards/chaos may suffer. But in the long run, the players who would get rekt most by not having block on defence are elf linemen.
>>
>>43538977
I think you probably just need to play Bloodbowl a little longer before you think about changing the rules. If the mechanics of the game's most basic skill is troubling you, you've got a way to go before the rules committee gives you that call up.
>>
>>43538979
but you can use wrestle when you are getting hit.
>>
>>43538977
Also, if you split block, you are buffing nurgle and undead big time.

So their bashy kill pieces - with REGEN so they will always be more resilient than any other team in the long run - is now only facing players with an off-or-def Block skill? This means they either take far fewer hits, remain on their feet more and so get to hit you more. Or they face down players without defensive block, punch them down more and kill you.

Is that what you really want anon? For Nurgle and Undead to kill you more than they do? Is it?

See. This is what I mean when I talk about the elegance of the Bloodbowl ruleset. It's asymmetrical, but it balances so beautifully overall. The newer you are to the game, the more you see the incidental asymmetries and fail to see the balance of the big picture. So you try to think of ways to change what is already there, and end up throwing up all of these greater imbalances that you had never before considered.

The BB ruleset has been massively playtested over 25 years. It's not perfect, because it reflects an imperfect world and has an in-built chance mechanism. So in that way, it is perfect. Which makes it imperfect.
>>
>>43538993
You're reading it wrong.

I am talking about "a block that wouldn't prevent you from getting knocked over". That's what wrestle does - it allows you to bring down a player with block on the Both Down result.

So that scenario is literally already catered for in the game.
>>
>>43516419
You couldn't have picked a worse fanart
>>
>>43538977
Nigger, splitting up Block has been in discussion for probably longer than you have playing BB and it's the entire reason why Wrestle was even conceived. The mechanics aren't troubling me, they are crystal-fucking-clear. That doesn't mean they are good, but, again, Blodge is practically the golden cow of the BB Community.

>>43539086
>The BB ruleset has been massively playtested over 25 years.
And changed several times. Orcs used to be absolute top tier, now they are not.
I'm not arguing that Blood Bowl is an imbalanced piece of shit, I'm just saying that they should have a good, hard look at splitting up Block again. It's been, what, five years since the CRP? A new update might be in order.
>>
>>43539312
>Nigger, splitting up Block has been in discussion for probably longer than you have playing BB and it's the entire reason why Wrestle was even conceived.

I am laughing at all three of these factual inaccuracies.
>>
>>43539455
http://bbtactics.com/wrestle/
>>
>>43539312
>Blodge is practically the golden cow of the BB Community.
There is a reason for this, full.

With two elegantly written skills, it is possible through various combinations and interactions between their presence or absence to hugely alter the outcome of a single, 6 sided dice roll in the block.

The bit that makes newfriends angry about blodge is they are faced with veterans who know how to use these skills, yet they are not familiar enough with the support skills (wrestle and tackle) to see how you start to chip away at the blodge powergame.

You've still not explained how splitting block would benefit anyone, or indeed be relevant, in a game which you yourself noted, has wrestle.
>>
>>43539496
>http://bbtactics.com/wrestle/

umm, that literally backs up what I was saying here >>43539102
>>
>Get into a match
>My Lizards vs Chaos

Good thing I bought a 2nd Apo in inducements otherwise I would have had 2 dead players on my hands instead of just the 3 that missed the next game.
>>
>tfw 2-0 with a fresh chaos team.
I guess going for the ball over just bashing helps. First game was a 2-0 win over an Orc team that had like 4 gobbos. Second win was 2-1 vs a dark elf team where I scored turn 8 on a hand off and gfi and turn 16 on a hand off double gfi. He also knocked more of my players out of the game than I did to him, in fact I think I only gave the entire dark elf team 1 KO (thought they got an injury and a few KOs on failed dodges
>>
>>43486049
middenheim mongols
>>
File: intended team.png (118 KB, 1337x623) Image search: [Google]
intended team.png
118 KB, 1337x623
This is my planned team, is it a good plan?
>>
>>43541476
Is it possible to get some beastmen so high level while still having level 1 players?
>>
>>43541547
yea, you cut players who level up and buy new ones.
>>
>>43541476
>zero cheerleaders
>>
>>43541547
Yes, with chaos you suffer really badly from TV bloat. So it is better to start off skilling up your beastmen, laying on +stats and skill combos heavily. Then when you peak and start finding yourself up against dwarf or lizard teams that can take you apart, you probably want to regenerate your team by cutting. Drop that beastman who started life as your sure hands ball handler, but got surpassed by the +ag beast. Trim back on claw kill pieces once your warriors are developed, etc etc.

Having a roster of 11 or 12, and of those three or four being rookie beasts is not unusual for chaos.
>>
>>43541476
it's okay but you want one clawpomb warrior
>>
>>43541476
you have one tackle piece. The surest way of killing pieces is being able to knock them down in the first place.
>>
>>43541699
2 tackle pieces
>>
File: intended team.png (146 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
intended team.png
146 KB, 1366x768
V 2.0
>>
>>43541476
>chaos warrior have no way to prevent someone from getting away from you.
>clawpomb has no way to do anything against dodge or fend.
uhm
>>
>>43541812
yes put that chaos warrior on the ground real good idea then you have less guard to protect your other players.
>>
>>43541476
you have one tackle piece. The surest way of killing pieces is being able to knock them down in the first place.
>>
>>43542001
One guy is saying I want one piling on CW and now you are saying I should have no PO CWs Besides, they are AV9 it isn't like they are easy to kill

>>43542034
There are 2 tackle pieces in that pic also see >>43541812
>>
>>43542055
Yes ignore that guy. If you are so bad that you cannot even stop an AV9 guy getting fouled, as that other guy seems to be, then give up now.

Clawpomb on one warrior gives you versatility by letting you have a hunter (beast) and a blocker (CW) both with a kill build. Also, clawpomb guys are usually a "must kill" item for your opponent too, and he'll throw his whole team at them to take them out of the action. Having two - and one at av9 - is always smart team building.
>>
File: Chaos.png (88 KB, 1582x591) Image search: [Google]
Chaos.png
88 KB, 1582x591
This is how a chaos team should be.
>>
>>43541960
I favour clawpomb against dodgers on my hunter player (a beast). He has additional move and tackle.

But it's odd you think clawpomb is for focusing on dodge players, who are often light armoured players. The max potential of clawpomb is on the tough, highly armoured players. So they are can-openers against BoBs, dwarfs, etc. Her, tackle is pure bloat.

If I had to choose between a can-opener clawpomber and a hunter killer, I'd always go for the can-opener. And then laden my hunter with annoying shit purposed for messing with weak, agile, vulnerable players - like frenzy, tentacles, tackle, dive tackle, disturbing presence even.
>>
>>43542317
If you build chaos like that you should just play nurgles rather than wasting SPPs on starter skills.
>>
>>43542382
I can't play nurgle in BB2 now can I?
>>
>>43542317
>no apo
>no extra players
>only one dude has claws
>no wrestle pieces for getting the ball back
>>
>>43542427
as long as the ball carrier cannot move or pass to someonelse I don't need wrestle to get the ball back. You don't need more claws you only can do one blitz a turn anyway.
>>
>>43542420
Ah, so you are consciously building a Nurgle surrogate for BB2? Carry on then as you were, my good man.
>>
>>43542468
claw works on blocks and blitzes. you're thinking of horns.
>>
>opponent doesn't talk to you all game
>doesn't even gl&hf at the start

I find that easily half the fun of blood bowl is sharing in mutual misfortunes and crazy bullshit with your opponent whilst you play, and it can turn even a really frustrating match into something tolerable when you can both laugh about it.

Having a silent opponent is just painful.
>>
If anyone's not watching real gridiron football, I made the playoffs of the Ribbit FUMBBL League with my Chaos team, the Kurgan Blood Tide.

So if you want to see an early Chaos team with no Tackle get BTFO by a Skaven team, it will be up shortly here. Just click "spectate" and the java applet will load up.

https://fumbbl.com/p/games
>>
>>43543156

Or he's assuming most people will be minimizing block opportunities for the claw players.
>>
>>43543868
Which means he's building his team only to face dodgemeister elves and skaven and stunty teams.
>>
>>43543868
Good, that means you won't be touching my cage if you don't want to face claws.
>>
>>43545271
That's how the elf screen works though. They back off each turn and allow (ideally) one single space progress each turn. 8 squares isn't getting you into the endzone, claws or no claws....
>>
>>43545375
You blitz part of their screen until you armor break 2 guys and have a gap to run through
>>
>>43543712

BLOOOOOOD TIIIIIIDE

Man, you played early Chaos brilliantly against some skilled rats. Congrats on the win!
>>
>>43545441
If you can only hit one guy a turn then that strategy is basically a game of chance. If you do a wide double-screen you usually have enough players out wide to cover holes. Punching through is easier said than done.
>>
>>
Are cknoor and sheepdog the only good youtube players? I cannot stand how sheepdog keeps bitching about >muh luck
>>
>>43547942
cknoor is certainly the best guy for explaining what's going on, the math behind it and reasoning for positioning stuff plus and playing in a non-salty, friendly manner.

Unfortunately no, I don't know of anyone else 'good'. Passable, maybe. I get what you mean about that guy's constant bitching though, it's pretty pathetic given that blood bowl is a game that fucks everyone constantly.
>>
>tfw rooting against ckoor because playing this game has conditioned me to hate Lizardmen and Skaven
>>
>>43548856
You're not alone there. Well, Skaven I don't mind, they squish easy when punched and the gutter runners strength of 2 means a single interceptor (all you will probably get due to the speed) is generally enough, rather than needing to gang up or risk a 1 dice block.

Lizardmen just are not fun to play against. They're pretty fully min/maxed, and for most teams it seems like you have to rely on the player cocking up to get around all that. And any plan that relies on the enemy being an idiot is a bad plan.
>>
Horned rat why. Playing campaign as skaven, come up against chaos. Feeling pretty confident given I have a gutter rat who can one-turn touchdown to exploit.
Then I watch as damn near every dice I roll is cursed. What the hell are the odds on the same guy rolling two attacker down and rerolling to two attacker down, then doing the very same next turn? Other than that, just my gutter rats spending all their time pratfalling.

... Still like the game though. Just a little frustrating when the horned rat abandons me.
>>
>>43541415
I thought Ostlanders were the Mongols?
>>
What - stats aren't a death sentence? The only one I can think of is if a 2 AG player gets -AG
>>
>>43550732

I probably wouldn't get too upset about -1 st on something like a goblin or a skink.
>>
>>43548856
Just watched the latest match, I cheered every time the humans player injured one of his lizardmen.

I could see exactly how frustrating and not fun that game was for him. That turn 16 foul that injured the skink, cknoor absolutely deserved it given he straight up delayed scoring just to punch more people whilst already holding all the advantages (even with his own injured players, it's not like the other guy was going to manage to score and win without an extreme change of luck).

>>43550732
Movement on linemen. -1 Strength on something that's started above 5, -2 strength injuries would send them to the trash though. -AV on an already skilled-up 9/10 AV player.
>>
>>43551055
It's hard to hate cKnoor though, the guy doesn't do any of the stall tactics out of spite or bullshittery. He's just a guy playing the game.
>>
>>43550732

Movement on players that don't particularly need it - kine fodder, most Big Guys.

Movement on players that are already quite fast and have a lot of other good skills. For example I'd accept -1MV on a Human Blitzer that had Block, Dodge, Guard, Mighty Blow and Tackle.

I'd nearly always fire on a Strength loss. I might keep them temporarily if it was an S2 player going down to S1 and I couldn't afford a replacement, or if by some quirk of events I really needed that -1 STR player for his skills, e.g the sole Khemri Thro-Ra on a team with very low funds.

Agility on any player who won't be dodging or carrying the ball. AG1 Black Orcs do their job just as well as AG2. Likewise any Big Guys with AG2.

Armour on line fodder until they could be replaced. This can depend on the player a lot. A Treeman going from 10 to 9 isn't a big deal. Going from 9 to 8 isn't too bad, going from 8 to 7 is worrying but workable (especially on a player that doesn't make much contact). Going from 7 to 6 makes the player a liability since more often that not they'll be stunned or worse on a knock down - but if you're facing Claw every day then Armour becomes an almost irrelevant stat.
>>
>>43551260
Yeah he's not a dick, but that match might as well have been pre-determined as the match-up puts everything in the lizards favour as humans posses no real advantage to leverage, so everything the underdog did to hurt cknoor's team was not only some delicious schadenfreude, but will make the next match more interesting.
Unless it's a concede so he'll just get all the badly hurt players back and then it's business as usual.
>>
>>43551260

This. Go easy on people in BB and that's when that one rookie lineman you didn't think was a threat runs in and kills your star Wardancer.
>>
I don't have a problem with the way cKnoor plays.

Really the only type of players I have a problem with in BB are 1) obnoxious assholes shouting "lucker", ragequitting, hurling abuse and other shit, and 2) people in TV-matched systems with farmed teams who try to keep their TV super low so they can pound on rookie teams using their 3 to 5 killer players + journeymen, because it's just so gutless.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.