[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Konrad Curze did nothing wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 21
Konrad Curze did nothing wrong.
>>
>>43470769
Apart from staying alive, that is.
>>
>>43470806
Fuck you too, anon :^)
>>
>>43470769
The fuck is that picture Anon, its like Fulgrim wanted to dress edgy. Its a gay Konrad, go get a real picture and try again.
>>
>>43470769
He
was
GAY
>>
>>43470769

Worst Primarch. Even Alpharius and Dorn are better.
>>
>>43470769

The only thing he did wrong was being so right Emps couldn't handle it.
>>
>>43473182
This.
>>
>>43472994

>Implying Alpharius isn't the best Primarch.
>>
File: 1387652031124.jpg (21 KB, 274x409) Image search: [Google]
1387652031124.jpg
21 KB, 274x409
>>43472994
>Putting Dorn and Alph on the same level
>Dorn better than anyone
Dorn is shit tier, you rotten Emperor cocksucking faggot.

Alph and Curze are based. Also, >>43473182
>>
>>43473182
Right about what?
>>
File: Konrad Curze.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Konrad Curze.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
>>43473416
everything
>>
>>43472994
>alpharius is bad
>>
>>43472994
Has to be bait.
>>
I'm a loyalist and the best primarchs are magus and Alpha and Omega
>>
>>43472994
>Dorn

You realize Dorn got PTSD from the beating that Curze gave him.
>>
>>43472994
Dorn is god tier. About the ptsd thing, Dorn got mauled practically to death by the primarch who is literally fear incarnate. No shit he was gun-shy for a bit after that. Dorn was more of a general anyways. But the primarchs are like expert gunslingers and its who attacks first who generally wins.
>>
File: Female_Callidus.jpg (60 KB, 616x885) Image search: [Google]
Female_Callidus.jpg
60 KB, 616x885
>>43473416

>dad I hate everything
>that's okay, I made you to hate everything
>I hate you dad
>I know son

or, alternatively pic related
>>
Curze is way too edgy and faggy to be cool. It negates any redeeming or interesting characteristics he has as a character.

Just like how people hate Ultramarines.
>>
File: 1327369293400.gif (87 KB, 256x306) Image search: [Google]
1327369293400.gif
87 KB, 256x306
>>43478426
>"I like Ultramarines."
>>
>>43470769
He lost.
>>
>>43470769
whole lotta edge their, for one little primarch.
>>
>>43479983
Nope. Won.

"Vindication", I believe is the word to use here.

>>43479987

Your point?

Arguably not as edgy and Fedora-tipping Emps. What a fucking fag.
>>
>>43479981

How did you even get "I like Ultramarines" from that post, you retard?

If I say "people always say shit tastes bad" that doesn't mean I love eating shit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>43470769
>I saw you being a dick to me in the future so I´m going to make sure that future comes true by being wothy of your dickery.
Yeah, nothing wrong.
>>
>>43480104

I don't think that was Kurze's intention at all.

Honestly I think he just wanted to show the Emperor what a hypocrite he was for creating Kurze and the Night Lords to fulfill a specific purpose and then castigating them for doing it.

By allowing himself to be assassinated he wanted to prove the point that his method of punishment was ultimately justified if the Imperium itself used it against him and/or to prove that those in power were really no better than he.
>>
>>43475850
Eh, I'm really not a fan of Kurze, but hating things wasn't his super speshul trait as a Primarch.

Personally I think his was supposed to be the lawkeeper of the bunch, but being shit out on the anarchtic hellhole that is Nostromo will fuck with that. Between his Nature, the lawkeeping not a total edgy fuckhead Konrad, and the "Nurture" that was Nighthaunter murderfucking people and interior decorating with peoples faces.

Puts him on the level of Magnus tier tragedy, but nowhere near as awesome due to his edge and being a terrible Batman facsimile.
>>
File: aBaddOne1.png (577 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
aBaddOne1.png
577 KB, 800x1160
>>43480145
> father i hate my existence
> yeh well you each have to embodie my different qualities so fuck you.
>>
>>43470769
is his name a riff on Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now?
>>
>>43481712
>Acerbus's voice was a poisoned needle, pumping toxins into his brain. 'Of course he knew,' it hissed. 'He understood his own soul better than anyone. He understood the division in his heart. He understood the choices before him,’

>'But he chose me... he chose me!'

>'He chose me, Sahaal. He knew that he was two men. One was... just and righteous-' the daemon spat the words, disgusted '-whilst the other... mm... the other had felt the kiss of Chaos all its life. One thrived on focus. The other ate fear!

>'And he chose the first, damn you! He spurned Chaos! He chose me!'

>'No,’ The claws scooped at the flesh of his shoulder, igniting every nerve in his body. The voice was relentless, crumbling every bastion of his resistance. 'He fooled himself. He was divided, but the dark side was strongest. He had foreseen the fate of the Corona, so he bequeathed it to you. He set you to chase after it like some vapid dog, doomed to an era of sleep. He sent you away, so your... ha... your worthy witterings could not obscure his vision. His vision of a Legion that sowed fear in his name. A Legion to eat the terror of the Imperium. He knew you would never accept such a thing. He knew you had to be removed,’ The beast leaned down, so close that its fanged maw all but touched Sahaal's cheek. Hot breath washed over him. 'He condemned you to your prison, little Sahaal. He exiled you!'

>'No! You're lying! If that were true he would have simply killed me!'

>'And leave the Corona unguarded? Leave his killer to steal it? Use your sense, Sahaal,’

>'But he told me everything! The... the sanctioned genocides! The Emperor's betrayal! The assassin before the Heresy!'

>'Lies. The whispers of his Chaotic side, pouring poi¬son in the ear of his virtuous self. Perhaps... hah... perhaps he even believed it himself,’

-From "Lord of the Night"

Konrad confirmed to be the first Chaos Primarch.
>>
>>43479981
>Hating Ultramarines
Nothing wrong with Ultramarines just Wardmarines, Wards been gone for a while too so we're free fellow grognards.
>>
File: SpaceMarineBeefcake.png (623 KB, 540x776) Image search: [Google]
SpaceMarineBeefcake.png
623 KB, 540x776
>>43483067
>>Nothing wrong with Ultramarines

>Nothing wrong with hating a bunch of gay homos who rolls around on the ground, making grunting noises while they choke each other and call it Codex Training
>>
>>43480267
sauce?
>>
File: Fagnus.jpg (144 KB, 750x663) Image search: [Google]
Fagnus.jpg
144 KB, 750x663
He captured Vulkan and tortured him in horrific ways for what purpose? Seems like he did everything wrong.
>>
>>43483683
In an attempt to answer the question: WHY WON'T THIS BIG BLACK NIG DIE!? HOLY SHIT!
>>
>>43483726
That's a pretty fucked up thing to do to your brother. At least Fulgrim has the excuse of being possessed by a demon when he balked at killing Ferrus Manus.
>>
File: Banshee v marine1.png (763 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
Banshee v marine1.png
763 KB, 900x1273
>>43483480
You are just jealous that you can never accept the teachings of codex and more over you will never be an ultramarine.
>>
File: LemanRuss.jpg (180 KB, 587x774) Image search: [Google]
LemanRuss.jpg
180 KB, 587x774
>>43483839
Fuck your codex
>>
>>43483839
>He said, while fucking a xeno.
>>
>>43483590
An edit of Questionable Content. Terrible comic.
>>
uhh... yes, yes he did. repeatedly
>>
>>43485106
>Batmans/Punishers a whole world into not being shitty anymore

Whatever. He was right and won then, he was right and won when he died. Get over it.
>>
>>43485218
you are retarded. what about the part about torturing Vulkan and going on a killing spree on the Ultramarine home world?
>>
>>43470769
Konrad Curze and Marilyn Manson are the same person.

He's just trying to be edgy, that's why his name is spelled with a K...
>>
File: 754743557939427.jpg (38 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
754743557939427.jpg
38 KB, 400x402
>>43485340
He was trying to kill Vulkan, tardo. (and failing doing so. So he had to try different things ie breaking his spirit or mind before killing him to see of that would do the trick)
Also that killing spree was him escaping Lion. Terror tactics, gaylord.
>>43485425
>Konrad Curze and Marilyn Manson are the same person.

Except Konrad never made shitty music and isn't a douchebag fratboy playing as goth emo.
>>
Primarchs who are verifiably equivocally empirically confirmed to have dindunuffin:

>Magnus
>Perturabo
>Angron
>Lorgar
>Curze
>Vulkan
>Sanguinius
>Khan
>>
Pretty sure Curze did everything wrong, even by his own standards. After all, he himself hated his Legion and allowed himself to be killed. The dude literally said he envied the other Primarchs for being able to take pride in their Legion, which is pretty much him admitting he was the worst Primarch.

With that said, he's still cool. At least if you ignore the Black Library.
>>
>>43485502
>Magnus

stopped reading there. into the trash it goes
>>
File: 2784176-6214627345-tumbl.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
2784176-6214627345-tumbl.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>43485502
>>Vulkan
>>Sanguinius
>>Khan

In the same category as

>Magnus
>Perturabo
>Angron
>Lorgar
>Curze
>>
File: 1323753894512.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1323753894512.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
>>43485534
>Pretty sure Curze did everything wrong, even by his own standards

because his standards are right.

We never called him perfect. just right. And winning. He is right and winning. Based SpaceBatPunRedator
>>
>>43485502
the edge

>>43485589
>because his standards are right
what? he was insane who just liked terrorizing civilians, that's like saying ISIS is right
>>
>>43485645
>that's like saying ISIS is right

It's spelled "America", dingus

(also by right I should've said "was proven correct". Because he was.)
>>
>>43485712
you must be at least 18 to post here you edgy faggot
>>
File: Konrad Curze 2.png (35 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Konrad Curze 2.png
35 KB, 128x128
>>43485757
"DEATH HAUNTS THE DARKNESS, AND HE KNOWS YOU'RE A FAG!" -Konrad Curze
>>
Curze was an interesting primary goal but objectively shit tier. But I'm sure you guys would still ride his dick after the nightlords bring your planet into compliance then flay your family and crucify them because you download your music illegally or j walk. Curzefags are cringeworthy.
>>
File: oh jeeze.jpg (19 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
oh jeeze.jpg
19 KB, 320x480
>>43485939
>But I'm sure you guys would still ride his dick after the nightlords bring your planet into compliance then flay your family and crucify them because you download your music illegally or j walk

y-yes!

(Also not all Curzefags. Just me)
>>
>>43470769
Oh come on. Even his First Captain told him he did everything wrong. Srsly, not even Kharn said something like this to Angron.
>>
>>43485712
>"was proven correct". Because he was.
Eh. It was pretty much a self-fulfilling prophecy, given that he attacked another Primarch with the intent to kill, nuked his recruitment world, turned his Legion into mass-murdering psychopaths, and went on a two decade genocidal spree while ignoring orders before officially turning traitor and doing even worse things. Was he right that pulling that sort of shit would get him killed? Sure. Did that prove any point besides "declaring open war on the Imperium and having your Legion of super-powered mass-murderers commit countless acts of unsanctioned genocide will make them want to kill you"? Not really.

Because that was his point. Curze was so fucked up that he needed to justify his actions and somehow fit them into his black and white sense of justice. So he let himself get killed to prove he was right when he said the Emperor was going to have him killed.

I get liking the character. I think he's cool as fuck. But to go so far as to try to construct a narrative where he was correct and/or justified in his actions is completely fucking retarded. The dude was insane. That is objective fact. He spoke to flayed bodies. It has been more or less outright stated he suffered from multiple personality disorder. He was so fucked that even other traitors considered him a goddamn lunatic who probably went way too far. He didn't even do his job all that well, seeing as how he tended to make worlds fall into anarchy, and his success on Nostramo proved to be extremely temporary.
>>
Wasn't he driven insane by his visions and had multiple personality disorder?
>>
>>43486746
Not quite sure whether the MPD was stated or just implied, but generally, yes, this pretty much did him in.

I kinda wonder what kind of a person he'd end up as if it wasn't for his visions. He'd still start off as a Batman, but maybe with less of the fatalism he acquired later? Maybe he could be "salvageable", so to put it?
Then again, maybe he'd be just shittier at his job.
>>
>>43486746
Yes and yes. Well, partially. It's heavily implied he was insane long before he got the vivid visions of his own death, what with raising himself in a criminal hellhole where he was forced to subsist on human flesh. But yes, he constantly had visions of death, it's implied Night Haunter was a split personality, and what finally pushed him over the edge were the visions of his own death caused by the Emperor.
>>
>>43486819
>went crazy because saw own death at Emps order
>at emp's order
yeah, Konrad was bitter because he felt he was just 'following orders' by killing bad guys, and the emp's response (i.e. to kill Konrad) was the EXACT SAME action (i.e. kill the bad guy).
Konrad felt (and indeed was) totally justified in his barbarism, because the emp's only response to Konrad's nastiness was to be nasty back. Konrad won the moral high ground against his dad; he beat the emprah; nothing left to do but die.
>>
>>43485712
Did you cut yourself on your keyboard?
>>
>>43487077
Except he wasn't killed because he did nasty stuff at the Emperor's orders. As a matter of fact, he was cut so much leeway when he stopped following orders, refused all communications, directly violated the Emperor's commands and went on a twenty year murder spree that other Primarchs started questioning the Emperor himself for allowing it to happen without punishment. It is explicitly stated that the Emperor gave him an exceptional amount of leeway for reasons only he knew. Curze was only killed after the Emeperor was interred in the Golden Throne, and it was not on the Emperor's orders. Not to mention it was after he declared war on the Imperium and threw the first stone at Isstvan V. Nobody did shit to him before that, even when he attacked Dorn and killed Space Marines. Hence the self-fulfilling prophecy. The dude needed to justify his actions, so he came up with a convoluted argument that he was right because the Emperor wanted to kill him all along, despite there being pretty solid evidence on the contrary, since the Emperor allowed him to be renegade for two decades before the Heresy and the Emperor didn't even sanction his murder.
>>
>>43481741
>demon trying to ruin a batmarine
>tells him horror stories about the one man that can make the whole bunch of them cry like little children
>truth

yeah no.
>>
>>43483839
>>43483857
>fuck your codex

Nah, he be fucking xeno's.
>>
>>43481741
>daemons always tell the truth
yup, confirmed.
>>
File: lemanrusskin1.jpg (547 KB, 1252x596) Image search: [Google]
lemanrusskin1.jpg
547 KB, 1252x596
>>43480267
>>
File: CurzefagsBTFO.jpg (249 KB, 465x1179) Image search: [Google]
CurzefagsBTFO.jpg
249 KB, 465x1179
>All this denial
Curze was a monster. He wasn't justified. The Emperor wasn't a mean poopy-head. Here you have it black on white. He never did anything, even when Curze went off the deep end and encouraged the skinning of orphans for no other reason than he felt like it.
>>
>>43483590
Shitty SJW comic edited to be 40k. Don't waste your time on it.
>>
>>43487222
that all may or may not be true: the point of the previous post was Konrad's perception of things. And his perception of things would be exacerbated by the emprah refusing to bring him to heel for twenty years. TWENTY YEARS. Konrad had a free hand for twenty years - surely, to his mind, the emprah would have chastised him if he had been wrong? at some point in those twenty years of mayhem, surely, the emprah would have, like, said SOMETHING. But he didn't.
No wonder Konnie's confused
>>
File: AngryPrecures - DokiDoki.png (359 KB, 910x490) Image search: [Google]
AngryPrecures - DokiDoki.png
359 KB, 910x490
>Nadim Portant and his legion uses terror tactics
>in an universe where enemies that are even able to feel fear are few and far between
>>
>>43487985
He did say things, though. Curze was in no uncertain terms told to cut his campaign of genocide short and go to Terra for a spanking. He chose to ignore this and continue his unsanctioned campaign of mass-murder. The Emperor simply didn't send anyone to force him to stop, like he did with Magnus. Curze knew very well he was going renegade and against direct orders.

>>43488105
He was mostly sent against human worlds that wouldn't join the Imperium. Regular people sure as shit were scared of 8 foot tall superhumans with spoopy holographic armour decorated with human entrails. Also, this was before the whole And They Shall Know No Fear thing. Even other Space Marines were scared of the Night Lords. Most of them, at least.
>>
How bad were the forgotten legions if Curze was allowed to murder everyone ever?
>>
Really.... Konrad couldnt have done all this shit for so long and without censure without the emperor's backing.

Perhaps he wanted always to have a terror legion and though throttling it would defeat the purpose but didn't consider the rammification of decades of unconstrained space murder hobos.

Isnt it true that the night lords are prob the least chaos corrupted legion?
>>
File: bloody_keyboard_1680x1050.jpg (273 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
bloody_keyboard_1680x1050.jpg
273 KB, 1680x1050
>>43487153
yes, I imagined Curze-senpai cutting me up and it felt sooooooo good
>>
>>43488934
Well, Sigmar was a Primarch...

At least according to a GW employee I talked to once. I mean, I don't even know.
>>
I wish Aaron Demski-Bowden would do a few novels about Curze when he was doing his BatPunPredator thing on Nostramo before Emps showed up. It would be neat to see him warp, and would also give him a a chance to show the culture of Nostramo, a crime-ridden planet of eternal night.
>>
>>43489284
Would make sense. Sigmar knows all about Chaos and the Chaos Gods. Emps wouldn't like that and would probably kill Sigmar just to keep the secret from getting out.
>>
>>43489631
How did Sigmar eat it?

I don't remember if they ever said.
>>
>>43489077
>Isnt it true that the night lords are prob the least chaos corrupted legion?

Yeah, they...really don't care for any of the Chaos legions that have thrown their lot in with the Ruinous Powers.

Heck, I think they even hate Psykers.
>>
>>43489077
Iron Warriors tend to at least distrust demonic gifts, usually replacing them with cybernetics that are only slightly more reliable.
>>
>>43490257
...are you sure?
I seem to recall they do crazy shit with warp shit and pregnant ladies or something fucky like that.
>>
>>43489077
>Isnt it true that the night lords are prob the least chaos corrupted legion?

Yes and no. They never went to the eye of terror, nor did they bow to the chaos gods. However they had been corrupted beyond hope before the Horus Heresy.
I always thought that the Night Lords were more like the Dark Eldar than chaos space marines.
>>
>>43490620
>They never went to the eye of terror

I could've swore that it says that they have/do.
>>
bump
chumps
>>
>>43470769
>Bat-PunisherPrimarch

GW has never had an original idea. Ever. Not even once.
>>
>>43490308
They dislike mutations that don't involve technology. Oblits are okay. Tentacle arms not so much. The prego women made more space marines being a combination of fabius' genetic shenanigans, warp sorcery, and evil space tech.
>>
File: NighthunterwaitsMshen.jpg (63 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
NighthunterwaitsMshen.jpg
63 KB, 620x387
>>43470769
>not posting the one and true Curze artwork.
>>
>>43496580

>GW has never had an original idea. Ever. Not even once.

Well, originality, for fucking anybody nowadays, is a Herculean feat.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.